Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

list listcrawler

Finally he pulled away, pointed at my face, and mentioned, What s that? I touched my cheek, and before I could figure out what was wrong he said, You re bleeding! Guess he was grossed out, because he rushed out of the closet and left me standing there. craigslist pensacola dating Early intervention and antiviral treatments can help people with HIV reside regular, healthier lives with intimate relationships for lots of years soon after diagnosis. We want our Bumblers to be cautious about posting details that will at some point be made public. orlando usasexguide Devon Raines was a fan of one particular night stands and pure lust.

mega personal

You could possibly not be aware, but most on line theft situations get started with an e mail address? the villages dating site I met this lass a single time, took me two days to get the smell off my fingers 😆…####ing rank…. Then I had a handful of buddies with similar crazy dating stories, so I asked them if they wanted to make a storytelling show as a type of group therapy, it got well known and we started globe touring. lesliehannahbelle onlyfans Think it or not, there are a lot of extraordinary people today who can do out of this world tricks.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/22/2016 7:04:51 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  

isna_la_wica
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,847)
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012
online now!

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair".
-C S Lewis

I thought about this quote by CS Lewis recently when I read the following article in the Anglican Journal. The article is not all that deep, but it made an impression and made me stop and think.

The "truth", can we really stand it? Or do we seek only the truth that we want it to be?

Sanctified in the truth

By Jeffrey Metcalfe on April, 20 2016
(0) Add a Comment | (2) Like

Image: Christophe Boisson/Shutterstock
Walking home from a riveting lecture on Christianity and peace, I had just started to cross the quiet intersection that leads to my neighbourhood when a black SUV, creeping past the stop line, hesitatingly pulled through the intersection and cut me off. It was not the first time this had happened.

Filled with righteous indignation at having to once again interrupt both my train of thought and my walking trajectory to avoid becoming roadkill, I raised my hand and, ever so lightly, I tapped on the side of the car.

Having completed its turn, the car immediately pulled over at the other side of the road, lowered its tinted windows and waited for me.

I swallowed deeply.

Awash in adrenaline as I approached the car, the driver inside looked at me and smiled. “You need to be careful,” he chided in a friendly tone, “when you cross intersections like this—you need to be sure you stop first, otherwise vehicles won’t know if you are trying to cross. Also, it’s not very nice of you to knock on the side of my car.”

I tried to explain to him how he had been the one who, by pulling through the stop line, had failed in his obligation under the law to stop—he didn’t agree. After a long discussion on our differing views about our observance of the laws of traffic, I apologized for knocking on his car; we shook hands and went our separate ways.

Human beings are self-deceiving creatures. While we are experts in observing and judging when others have crossed a line, we are wonderfully oblivious to the lines we may be creeping past ourselves. As Christians, we are called to be a people who are sanctified in the truth (John 17:17), and the truth is that we cannot trust ourselves to tell the truth about ourselves.

That is why the church needs an editorially independent media—a set of ecclesiastical journalists removed from the structures, interests and perspectives that animate our church’s ministries. Not because those structures, interests and perspectives are uniquely vulnerable to crossing lines—ecclesiastical journalism is just as fallible—but rather because we are all of us vulnerable to our own obliviousness, and we all need one another’s help in keeping ourselves accountable.

Just as the church needs an editorially independent media, so an editorially independent media needs the church. How many governments, corporations or communities of interest are actually willing to fund and defend a gaggle of nosey reporters who might at times hold their feet to the fire of public scrutiny? True editorial independence requires the existence of a people willing to sanctify themselves in the truth; a people who understand that, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8); a people who know that the truth, however difficult at times, will set them free (John 8:33).

As I was walking back to school the next day, I stopped to re-examine the intersection. The stop line was definitely not where I remembered it to be. My righteous indignation fled in the face of humility as I began to question the truth of the story I had told myself. Did he really cross the line, or, did I?

- See more at: http://www.anglicanjournal.com/articles/sanctified-in-the-truth#sthash.Gz84SfOZ.dpuf

Curious, how do you separate what is the truth that we want , the type that gives us the comfort we relish, from what is really the truth?

[Edited 4/22/2016 7:05:40 AM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/22/2016 7:59:08 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,307)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Catholicism, truth. Protestantism, soft soap.

4/22/2016 6:24:16 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,120)
Winnipeg, MB
63, joined Sep. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Are you limiting God's power to speak to the 'lost sheep'?

Get off your arrogant ignorant bleating like a goat and insulting others.

READ the post and imagine it was written by a CATHOLIC priest then shut up your face.

You are an embarrassment to all that is CATHOLIC with your antagonism.

GROW UP or SHUT UP -

D

PS: Good post.

4/22/2016 11:40:31 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Protestantism is soft soap. And when Protestants realize this, maybe they will convert.

If I can convert anybody can.

Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation.

4/23/2016 4:54:53 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

I guess you did not read it, or understand it.

Its your own loss Lud, I feel sorry for you.

I am glad I have glimpsed the context in which another has found their "truth", and am able to appreciate so much more than harboring my former prejudices which was based on what I once thought was "truth".

4/23/2016 5:02:43 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012
online now!

Quote from d_voted:
Are you limiting God's power to speak to the 'lost sheep'?

Get off your arrogant ignorant bleating like a goat and insulting others.

READ the post and imagine it was written by a CATHOLIC priest then shut up your face.

You are an embarrassment to all that is CATHOLIC with your antagonism.

GROW UP or SHUT UP -

D

PS: Good post.

No, he is not making Catholics look bad, only lud, look bad.

The same things that inspire him to say such things, once kept me from appreciating the writings of the early Church for an example. And he does not represent most Catholics I know.

Francis does that pretty good me thinks.

4/23/2016 5:10:43 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

When Jesus said He was THE way, THE TRUTH, and THE life, I'm sure the scribes, pharisee S, saducees, and Roman pagans said, "because He insists that His is the only way, He sure is making Himself look bad."

4/24/2016 1:46:32 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (182,141)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

There is no division in God's TRUTH, isna.

4/24/2016 9:57:45 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

4/24/2016 10:33:35 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Isna... Our wants?

A true Christian 'wants' what God has to offer. His truth will never be taken away or compromised.

4/25/2016 10:45:58 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

For God has sanctified the day and made it holy.

Thank you, God, for another beautiful day you have given us.

4/27/2016 11:13:44 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Amen

4/27/2016 7:06:23 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

When you all run out of people to post in your threads let me know.

4/28/2016 9:44:13 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012
online now!

My, my, look at how Lud and cupacheer( kool aid in that cup?) claim to be 'the truth" and only they have the "truest form of truth.

Funny, some of the apostles at various times said there were things they were not sure about, but thought a certain thing.

The Catholic Church has admitted mistakes were made in the past by various popes, and have made apologies as our Lord taught us to do. So putting that in the context of today, we are to get on with things and not dwell on past mistakes. But then one would have to admit they are capable of mistakes, acknowledge the truth. Lud and cup o kool aid will not do that.

Divisions of various sorts, have always existed since the start of Christianity.

"St. Paul lamented the “divisions” in the Church in Corinth (1 Cor. 11:18)", I quote that from an article about the divisions.

And in many ways, it is is to be expected. For Christianity like no other world religion, is truly the most diverse. No other religion has such a diverse group of people from all over the world, different cultures and ethnic groups as participants.

And that is a prophecy which we were told in scripture would come to being. Amen.

Ole Lud claims that there is only one part of the church that is true. He ignores the Eastern Church, and claims only the part run by the Bishop of Rome is the true church. He insults Anglicans and the east alike, while ignoring that his own church is also nationalistic. Um, duh, the name Roman is in it.

Funny, I never really thought this would end up a pro Catholic or anti Catholic thread.

I simply was reminded when I read that in a copy of my Church program,then looked it up on line, on how many times in my life, I have failed to put things into context. And done the same thing as the author of the article.

But alas, all things on this forum lead to standard arguments it seems. Pro and anti Catholic, Urantia verse Paul and Lud. That is why this forum will die off soon. Too many stuck in the past, fighting wars that were over centuries ago, not willing to admit what the author has in his article.

Anyway, carry on, enjoy your truth, and make sure that other guy, stays the hell out of your lane, and tell them when they intrude upon it! Hit that horn hard!

4/28/2016 10:05:23 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I too admit many mistakes and outright sins were committed by the popes. Look at the errors and sins of Peter, the first pope. The pope is only infallible in his public teachings on faith and morals.

Isna, as a former mainline Protestant (Methodist), I just cannot understand the appeal of the bland, lukewarm, watered-down nature of mainline Protestantism. Protestant Fundamentalism is wrong but at least the Fundamentalists have some fervor. The Christian martyrs who suffered and died---would they have done so, if all they had to believe in was...ho, hum...God exists...Jesus is a nice guy...

And that's all the mainline Protestants have---a vague belief that God exists and that Jesus is a nice guy. Mainline Protestants aren't sure if Jesus is God or mere man or something in between or what. That's not solid faith. That's not the solid rock of Christ---that's is the shifting sands.

When a mainline Protestant is in his deathbed, what is he thinking about? How does he face death? What is on the other side? Heaven? Hell? Other places? Non-existence? Soul sleep until the Second Coming? He doesn't know for sure---all he has are human opinions. Death is hard enough to face for those who DO know for sure what is on the other side---how can those who do not face it?

4/28/2016 10:42:14 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Jesus Christ

5/4/2016 11:47:57 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
69, joined Jun. 2015

Quote from cupocheer:
Jesus Christ

Yes---being educated by Jesus -- a process
The words of Jesus our bath--

Some of us Have got ourselves in hot water
through word- deed or thought---
We have been on the play ground of Life
on the worlds merry -go -round.

skinned up a bit---
Confused by so many bullies wanting power
to use us abuse and dispose of us for personal gain---
Where do you run when scared---?

Where are you safe?
Who is lowly, humble
teaches like a nursing mama---
who keep putting up
with our stupid spiritual poo---?

There is a scripture about the bath of Jesus and his words---

and you know kids---
how grimy they can get---
and some don't like baths---hahahahahahhaahahaha
we all end up stinky poos' hahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhahaahahaaaaaaaaa

5/5/2016 1:03:08 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
69, joined Jun. 2015

Quote from Stillherehaha:
Yes---being educated by Jesus -- a process
The words of Jesus our bath--

Some of us Have got ourselves in hot water
through word- deed or thought---
We have been on the play ground of Life
on the worlds merry -go -round.

skinned up a bit---
Confused by so many bullies wanting power
to use us abuse and dispose of us for personal gain---
Where do you run when scared---?

Where are you safe?
Who is lowly, humble
teaches like a nursing mama---
who keep putting up
with our stupid spiritual poo---?

There is a scripture about the bath of Jesus and his words---

King James version Bible
Ephesians 5:26
That he (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse it (church-us- his spiritual children--also the bride of Jesus) with the washing of the word----(in my opinion himself
spirit---living word---living water---to live by sacrifice of Jesus shed blood once for all time.) my opinion of scripture

also husband-hubby as high priest in Home

Helps or guides his wife doing so as Jesus would with respect and kindness knowing she is the weaker vessel--

as Jesus does his spiritual children and bride to be.

and you know kids---
how grimy they can get---
and some don't like baths---hahahahahahhaahahaha
we all end up stinky poos' hahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhahaahahaaaaaaaaa

5/14/2016 11:38:07 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Hey, Isna --- do you think all the artistic reproductions of Jesus Christ were 'sanctified in the truth'?

5/14/2016 1:33:46 PM Sanctified in the truth ?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012
online now!

Quote from cupocheer:
Hey, Isna --- do you think all the artistic reproductions of Jesus Christ were 'sanctified in the truth'?

Nope, why?

6/22/2016 6:28:43 AM Sanctified in the truth ?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010