Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

cheating hookup

This free of charge app offers premium functions at $9. oklahoma singles You can develop a new account, use search filters, add your photo, and browse the profiles for free of charge. Keep it fun, it s not a job interview make your query a small quirky and different. safehookups com review Online dating apps incessantly communicate with other systems such as back finish servers, cloud based solutions, chat servers, GPS, and so forth.

privatedelight mobile

Vote up the most horrifying stories that make you grateful you have under no circumstances had to encounter them, and vote down the ones that genuinely are not so negative. sun city az classifieds Licensed marriage and loved ones therapist Billie Tyler suggests following up with inquiries like What do you think excites you about that? and How do you know you are truly enjoying something? If you re the type of person who desires to spend your weekends relaxing with some wine alternatively of wake up early to go hiking, it is a fantastic concept to see if your future partner s on the same web page. In particular, she searches for a lack of alignment in this step. listcrawler nj com is the finest and most significant chating and dating internet site 100% free of charge devoted mainly to date amongst people today who are interested by the American culture.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/23/2016 3:56:35 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

onecarwoodshop
Harriman, TN
61, joined Aug. 2014

curious how many people fit the "conservative but non-religious" description? Let me briefly clarify those terms to ensure accurate responses.

Conservative or, more appropriately right-leaning, is someone who would vote Republican or Tea Party. Someone who supports a mostly free market with minimal government intervention concerning morality, economics, education, etc. Someone who stresses the value of the individual and his individual progress over the progress of a larger collective. Someone who isn't afraid to voice politically incorrect ideas that betray popular notions of egalitarianism and cultural Marxism. Someone who feels America is the best country not due to some indoctrinated pride, but rather that the American system has been the most efficient at practicing illumination ideals.

Non-religious would be someone who is not religious. Mostly I'm thinking of individuals who find all religions to be false and akin to superstition. People who support a rigid wall between church and state. People who don't find religious doctrine to be the sole (or even a suitable) arbiter of morality.

Not surprisingly, I define myself as the above. From my readings, I've come across Heather MacDonald and George Will who might be classified as both as well. I've had trouble finding many within the conservative leaning group to be also non-religious.

Do non-religious people make up a larger portion of conservatives than one would believe from watching Fox News?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/23/2016 4:41:18 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
god_says
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,916)
Cabo San Lucas
Mexico
48, joined Aug. 2014

I don't vote "republican" or "tea party".

Neither label, guarantees a conservative candidate.

I vote conservative.

4/23/2016 4:45:02 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,656)
Richmond, VA
39, joined May. 2014

More than you know.

4/23/2016 8:36:13 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Good question

Answer; Yes

However,

generally, Conservatives have stronger personal and family values than liberals, and IMO, here's one phrase that separates the cons and libs;

"Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

4/23/2016 8:52:19 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
nat_now
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (45,078)
Ocala, FL
58, joined Jul. 2013

Did you not take notice when the 17 all came running onto the field to play ball, and were very obviously mentioning God a LOT? AND did you not notice the order of elimination?
Although, that quirk with Kasich and his idea to spread christian ideals...
Well, I haven't heard much of that from him..and Cruz does wear it on his sleeve a bit, but all in all, the results show even the religious want a more rigid wall between church and state. I'll speak for myself here.. the left often assumes religion is the dictate for right and wrong/morality, good v evil, but just as with the left, ethics and morality is split opinions whether religion is involved in the reasoning or not.

Example... conservatives/studies show.... regarding issues, differences in tolerances ... my religion has nothing to do with what I find repulsive to my senses!

4/23/2016 8:57:54 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
condor_0000
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,517)
Tampa, FL
59, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from mralwaysrite:
IMO, here's one phrase that separates the cons and libs;

"Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

As a right-wing, conservative capitalist, I'm always asking what my country can do for me. I need trillions in bailouts. I need lots of imperialist wars. I need the police-state government to crush Occupy Wall Street movements. I need my country to help keep workers' wages low. I need steady inflation and repressed wages to create fake profits at the expense of the increasing impoverishment of workers. I need quantitative easings, ZIRP and NIRP. I need my country to inflict austerity upon the masses to create the funds to pay for my bailouts.

When we right-wing capitalists say, "ask what you can do for your country" we don't mean that we should ask, rather we mean that the working class masses should ask themselves that question. Hopefully, those working-class chumps won't notice that when they are "doing for their country" they are actually doing for we rich, conservative, right-wing capitalists.

[Edited 4/23/2016 8:58:52 AM ]

4/23/2016 9:13:01 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from condor_0000:
As a right-wing, conservative capitalist, I'm always asking what my country can do for me. I need trillions in bailouts. I need lots of imperialist wars. I need the police-state government to crush Occupy Wall Street movements. I need my country to help keep workers' wages low. I need steady inflation and repressed wages to create fake profits at the expense of the increasing impoverishment of workers. I need quantitative easings, ZIRP and NIRP. I need my country to inflict austerity upon the masses to create the funds to pay for my bailouts.

When we right-wing capitalists say, "ask what you can do for your country" we don't mean that we should ask, rather we mean that the working class masses should ask themselves that question. Hopefully, those working-class chumps won't notice that when they are "doing for their country" they are actually doing for we rich, conservative, right-wing capitalists.

Quote; I need trillions in bailouts....

three kinds of people in this world condor; those who need, those who approve, those who oppose

question; who in Congress opposed the bailouts?

4/23/2016 9:35:48 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
condor_0000
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,517)
Tampa, FL
59, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from mralwaysrite:
Quote; I need trillions in bailouts....

three kinds of people in this world condor; those who need, those who approve, those who oppose

question; who in Congress opposed the bailouts?

As we all know, rich capitalists own the entire political system, both political parties and all the leading political candidates. They may pose in different ways, but those politicians are all themselves rich capitalists (i.e., right-wing) who do the bidding of rich capitalists (i.e., right-wing). Bottom line: rich capitalists (i.e., right-wing) received trillions of dollars in bailouts from their country. And as I previously pointed out, rich capitalists are always looking for what their country can do for them.

Ask not what rich capitalists can do for their country; ask what you can do for rich capitalists.

4/23/2016 9:43:07 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from mralwaysrite:
Good question

Answer; Yes

However,

generally, Conservatives have stronger personal and family values than liberals, and IMO, here's one phrase that separates the cons and libs;

Here's an example of "what you can do for your country"

Conservatives give more to charity than liberals do, and are more likely to volunteer.

In other words, conservatives are better than liberals at reducing government moocherism.

4/23/2016 9:47:15 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
nat_now
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (45,078)
Ocala, FL
58, joined Jul. 2013

Are the greediest the most intelligent?

Are the most intelligent, greedy?

Is "greedy" successful?

Are the rich necessarily "evil"?

Is it evil to be rich?

Are victims necessarily victims if they are "willing" victims?

Are rich white liberals more rich than rich white conservatives?

Who of those 2 are more "intelligent"?

I only say that because the rhetoric never includes anyone rich, of color... (and entertainers, musicians seem to be invisible in the elitist arguments but at least Prince knew what to do after all th headlines of how blacks had their talent $ stolen out from under them in years past)..
Was that the greedy's fault or the lack of financial education of entertainer to be duped?)

Are the very rich, religious?

4/23/2016 9:58:36 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,156)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

onecarwoodshop

I don't fit "exactly 100%" your description of conservative and non-religious...but I am both

4/23/2016 1:18:15 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
onecarwoodshop

I don't fit "exactly 100%" your description of conservative and non-religious...but I am both

Many Christian denominations also call themselves "non-religious"

4/23/2016 1:22:22 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

naprinciple
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,114)
West Plains, MO
48, joined Feb. 2014

I was a fiscal conservative who voted Republican for more than 20 years and have never had an invisible friend.

4/23/2016 1:28:27 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
sdgncalix3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (51,338)
Palm Bay, FL
44, joined Dec. 2012

What does religion have to do with politics?

They should be separate

4/23/2016 1:45:40 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
ilovehard7
Saint Louis, MO
46, joined Feb. 2015

Of course. You can be a non Christain and still have morality that supecede so called Christians.

4/23/2016 1:58:49 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
48, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from sdgncalix3:
What does religion have to do with politics?

They should be separate

Tell me all about it when politicians can admit they don't believe in fairy tales.

[Edited 4/23/2016 1:59:41 PM ]

4/23/2016 2:16:59 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (95,372)
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from onecarwoodshop:
curious how many people fit the "conservative but non-religious" description? Let me briefly clarify those terms to ensure accurate responses.

Conservative or, more appropriately right-leaning, is someone who would vote Republican or Tea Party. Someone who supports a mostly free market with minimal government intervention concerning morality, economics, education, etc. Someone who stresses the value of the individual and his individual progress over the progress of a larger collective. Someone who isn't afraid to voice politically incorrect ideas that betray popular notions of egalitarianism and cultural Marxism. Someone who feels America is the best country not due to some indoctrinated pride, but rather that the American system has been the most efficient at practicing illumination ideals.

Non-religious would be someone who is not religious. Mostly I'm thinking of individuals who find all religions to be false and akin to superstition. People who support a rigid wall between church and state. People who don't find religious doctrine to be the sole (or even a suitable) arbiter of morality.

Not surprisingly, I define myself as the above. From my readings, I've come across Heather MacDonald and George Will who might be classified as both as well. I've had trouble finding many within the conservative leaning group to be also non-religious.

Do non-religious people make up a larger portion of conservatives than one would believe from watching Fox News?

My suggestion?

Do some research as to what constitutes a Cuckservative ... for that is what you are.

4/23/2016 4:06:53 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

testsignup
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,519)
Springfield, VA
63, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from onecarwoodshop:

There are lots of different kinds of conservatives, just as there are lots of different kinds of every other designation you can list. Not all conservatives are religious. Not all religious conservatives are Christian. Not all christian religious conservatives are Protestant.

But it goes way beyond that. Not all conservatives agree on every one of the items you listed as your own particulars. That's why lots of conservatives don't like the Republicans as they are today.

Also, there is non-religious as you describe it, which I would say comes closer to being ANTI-religious, and there's people who are simply not religious, but have no need to proclaim religions to be "akin to superstition."

There are especially lots of conservatives who realize that there's nothing conservative at all, about buying in to a rigid set of programmed propaganda, as the left wing extremists do. That Political Correctness isn't JUST a left wing thing, it can also show up as Right wing political correctness. The idea that "cultural marxism" even exists in any real way, or is supported by any significant number of people, is a right wing politically correct belief.

There are people who believe in personal freedom and liberty, and there are people who only pretend to.

I saw that on the left when I was growing up in the seventies: lots of TALK about everyone being allowed to think and live as they wished, but no tolerance for anyone who liked short hair, who preferred classical music, and so on. So I left them behind.

Now, I am confronted by Right wing versions. People who SAY they support personal freedom, but only if you already agree with and live as they do. Some are the kind you appear to be concerned about, the religious right wingers, who's idea of religious freedom is the freedom to have their beliefs passed into law, and enforced for them by the government.

And of course, there are plenty of conservatives who believe in minimizing how much the government intrudes into either our personal or our business lives, but there is a HUGE range to that.

Frankly, just as I've seen lots of people who only THINK they believe in personal liberty, I also know lots of conservatives who only THINK they oppose government regulation of business. We can't really tell, until we go point by point in detail, about their expectations.

For example, if you think you should be able to go about your life, and buy food every day which you can be certain enough is not poisonous that you don't have to test it for several days before letting your children eat any, then you might believe in a lot more government regulation that even you think you do.

But yes, sure there are lots of non religious conservatives. Not exactly the same as you, but nevertheless.

4/23/2016 5:05:32 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from mralwaysrite:
Many Christian denominations also call themselves "non-religious"

Yeah...the ones who believe but don't practice. I am an Atheist. Huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

4/23/2016 6:07:13 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (33,397)
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

I am a Christian---old school Catholic, actually---but I can see where a person could be conservative on political matters and a liberal or non-believer on religious matters. I think Goldwater and Reagan could have been described as that.

4/23/2016 6:46:57 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I am a Christian---old school Catholic, actually---but I can see where a person could be conservative on political matters and a liberal or non-believer on religious matters. I think Goldwater and Reagan could have been described as that.

ludlowloell,

I attended a Catholic elementary school where many teachers were dispatched from a religious order.

Hey, measuring girls' skirts was OK, but forcing left-handed students to use their right hand was a stupid "religious belief".

4/23/2016 6:59:17 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

thekinghasrisen
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,543)
San Diego, CA
32, joined Nov. 2013

Sure you can - just like you can be liberal and hyper religious.

One ideology does not have a monopoly on the interpretation of what is and isn't considered 'religious', or how to interpret the teachings of the Bible.

4/23/2016 7:12:10 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
doublethree
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,971)
Germantown, TN
40, joined Oct. 2013

yes, some are. just as for some VERY odd reason some religious people are liberals. Now THAT ONE makes zero sense.

4/23/2016 7:16:32 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

old school Catholic, eh ?

Uh huh. SUUURE you are.

Catholic bishop: The Jews killed Christ, and they’re killing us too.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/catholic-bishop-the-jews-killed-christ-and-theyre-killing-us-too/

Genuine old school Catholics despise Jews calling them Christ Killers. That being what they are. That and Anti-Christs.

But, NOT you, eh low?

4/23/2016 7:18:31 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

thekinghasrisen
San Diego, CA
32, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from doublethree:
yes, some are. just as for some VERY odd reason some religious people are liberals. Now THAT ONE makes zero sense.

People pick and choose what they believe about the Bible every day. Most conservatives I've encountered know only the part of Leviticus that justifies their hatred of gays.

Most Liberals know only about the New Testament the things that Jesus says in support of helping the least of us and that sinners can be forgiven.

It's one big circle jerk on both sides to be honest - neither side acknowledges the legitimacy of the other's narrative.

4/23/2016 7:21:33 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
doublethree
Germantown, TN
40, joined Oct. 2013

king, I know people on both sides pick and choose and are hypocritical, but the abortion issue alone makes it unbelievable anyone who is religious would be a liberal, even if the Bible doesn't specifically mention fetuses in that way. It's common sense that a life is a life, no matter how old it is.

4/23/2016 7:27:38 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from thekinghasrisen:
People pick and choose what they believe about the Bible every day. Most conservatives I've encountered know only the part of Leviticus that justifies their hatred of gays.

Most Liberals know only about the New Testament the things that Jesus says in support of helping the least of us and that sinners can be forgiven.

It's one big circle jerk on both sides to be honest - neither side acknowledges the legitimacy of the other's narrative.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I just love it grasshopper; when atheists attempt to interpret the Bible and/or a religion they do not believe in.

Yes, sinners can be forgiven IF they accept Christ as their Savior. I've seen very few atheists (who are indeed the least of us & ( oddly enough) who tend to be homosexuals also) that are willing to do that.

4/23/2016 7:27:46 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

thekinghasrisen
San Diego, CA
32, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from doublethree:
king, I know people on both sides pick and choose and are hypocritical, but the abortion issue alone makes it unbelievable anyone who is religious would be a liberal, even if the Bible doesn't specifically mention fetuses in that way. It's common sense that a life is a life, no matter how old it is.

Being personally against abortion is not the same as saying that you should legislate a scientifically intimate decision into the lives and bodies of women in a society. That is an often interpreted (but seldom justified) amalgam of the principals in the Bible justifying personal responsibility and those justifying social temperance. No one is getting into heaven for shoving a picket sign in the face of a woman making the hardest decision of her life.

For the purpose of rights and the legal protections afforded to living beings, life has to begin somewhere, as does the rights and responsibilities of those caring for the life.

Unless you intend to make it a legal responsibility of every woman to carry every pregnancy to term regardless of the details of conception or the danger to her own life, at the threat of punishment from the government, there is going to be some contention somewhere that isn't addressed in the Bible.

So far, the prevailing wisdom has been to leave the argument between the only two parties with a dog in the fight - the woman making the decision and her doctor, which is why Roe V. Wade is law.

People really should go and read the arguments from that case sometime.

[Edited 4/23/2016 7:29:33 PM ]

4/23/2016 7:28:11 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
48, joined Feb. 2014

I'll bet Joshua killed a few unborn while killing everything that breathes, at God's behest. God doesn't give a f**k about killing innocents.

4/23/2016 7:42:04 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
61falcon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (41,544)
New Hope, PA
76, joined Feb. 2008

I would interpret being religious as regular attendance at a house of worship, and since less than 1 of every 5 Americans attend regular religious services,therefore they are a minority group.Nigerians on the other hand attend religious service on a regular basis at a rate of 8 out of 10.That would be both the majority Muslims and the slight minority Christians.

4/23/2016 7:51:23 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
doublethree
Germantown, TN
40, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from thekinghasrisen:
Being personally against abortion is not the same as saying that you should legislate a scientifically intimate decision into the lives and bodies of women in a society. That is an often interpreted (but seldom justified) amalgam of the principals in the Bible justifying personal responsibility and those justifying social temperance. No one is getting into heaven for shoving a picket sign in the face of a woman making the hardest decision of her life.

For the purpose of rights and the legal protections afforded to living beings, life has to begin somewhere, as does the rights and responsibilities of those caring for the life.

Unless you intend to make it a legal responsibility of every woman to carry every pregnancy to term regardless of the details of conception or the danger to her own life, at the threat of punishment from the government, there is going to be some contention somewhere that isn't addressed in the Bible.

So far, the prevailing wisdom has been to leave the argument between the only two parties with a dog in the fight - the woman making the decision and her doctor, which is why Roe V. Wade is law.

People really should go and read the arguments from that case sometime.

The whole women's bodies, women's lives, etc... doesn't mean anything because whose body it originates in is irrelevant. Taking lives is wrong. In 99.99% of cases, the baby being born does NOT take the woman's life, so anything she loses by having the baby is greatly outweighed by the loss of life the baby has. This is not one of those "it's not up to me to tell others what to do" cases, any more than saying you shouldn't tell others not to murder or rape.

4/23/2016 8:36:39 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

"The Church by its very nature is conservative, because it exists to conserve the teachings of Jesus Christ."

--Pope Pius IX

4/23/2016 9:36:02 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (237,820)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Personally? No.

4/23/2016 10:02:09 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
Yeah...the ones who believe but don't practice. I am an Atheist. Huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

What I meant to say was some Christian denominations are anti-religion, thus, non-religious.

4/23/2016 10:11:32 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Did I just read that quote of Duchess' correctly?

Did she say she was an atheist?

Dayum, girl.... When I first came on this site 8 years ago I posted in one of your threads in the 60s forum (nicely, I might add) and you blocked me for including the emote. You claimed to be a Christian then. Are you backsliding?

Someone please quote this so Duchess can read it. She blocked me 8 years ago and has never unblocked me.

Archives, here I come.

4/23/2016 10:23:09 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from cupocheer:
Did I just read that quote of Duchess' correctly?

Did she say she was an atheist?

Dayum, girl.... When I first came on this site 8 years ago I posted in one of your threads in the 60s forum (nicely, I might add) and you blocked me for including the emote. You claimed to be a Christian then. Are you backsliding?

Someone please quote this so Duchess can read it. She blocked me 8 years ago and has never unblocked me.

Archives, here I come.

1. Duchessa is jewish; so of course she is atheist.

2. Thanks for admitting you have at least 1 sock puppet profile.

4/23/2016 10:44:03 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
doublethree
Germantown, TN
40, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from longbobby:

not necessarily. she could have just got rid of the other account.

4/23/2016 10:57:33 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Quote from longbobby:

Bobby?

Are you speaking to me?

If you are... it is a well-known fact in this site that I have only one (1) active profile: Cupocheer.

It is also a well-known fact that when I joined this site I had the nickname: cupofcheer.

I have posted this same info many times on this site.

Now, if you want to begin a discussion on 'sock puppets' go ahead and jump if you feel frogging, my friend.

4/23/2016 10:59:21 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from cupocheer:
Bobby?

Are you speaking to me?

If you are... it is a well-known fact in this site that I have only one (1) active profile: Cupocheer.

It is also a well-known fact that when I joined this site I had the nickname: cupofcheer.

I have posted this same info many times on this site.

Now, if you want to begin a discussion on 'sock puppets' go ahead and jump if you feel frogging, my friend.
--------------------------------------

Was May 2010; 8 years ago?

Yes or No?

4/23/2016 11:07:10 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Quote from longbobby:

--------------------------------------

Was May 2010; 8 years ago?

Pop quiz? Or mid-term, Bobby?

Yes or No?

4/23/2016 11:11:54 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
56, joined Aug. 2010

Deflect all you want to, Mr. old cup of beer.

Your "slip" is showing, Comrade.

4/23/2016 11:21:02 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Your mathematical genius and comprehension skills are showing, Bobby.

4/23/2016 11:25:51 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,614)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

There was an atheist rightwinger on here for a while.
Can't remember his name, Older guy. 70 something. Name started
with a W I think but can't be sure.

Regardless, I don't really think religion really has to do
anything with 'conservatism', it just seem like it since this
evangelical doomsday cult hijacked the republican party.

4/24/2016 12:19:18 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

It is possible for someone to be conservative on some issues and liberal on others.

4/24/2016 3:38:23 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from mralwaysrite:
ludlowloell,

I attended a Catholic elementary school where many teachers were dispatched from a religious order.

Hey, measuring girls' skirts was OK, but forcing left-handed students to use their right hand was a stupid "religious belief".

I am 10 years older than you snd from another country...I never was forced to write with my right hand.

4/24/2016 6:12:51 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

louie6332
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,447)
Falkville, AL
75, joined Nov. 2011

You can be a pretend Christian and also a pretend Conservative like TheKingHasRisen (what a joke that handle is). But that’s hypocritsy. God forbad murder, but TheKingHasRisen does not go by that, but by the some Federal Masonic Judges said who legislated from the bench and who broke their solemn oath to uphold the Constitution. Who in the Hell does The King who has risen think he is anyway? Right TheKingHasRisen?

Oh, and I like his assertion that the Father of the baby has absolutely no say whatsoever in whether the baby gets murdered or not-—that’s real “Christian” and real “Conservative”. The command, "thy shalt not murder" pertains to babies too, especially to babies since there are the most innocent and helpless among us. Of course, he is a Black guy, and Blacks today are reverting back to the law of the jungle, the strong praying upon the weak, so that suits him just fine. I think that abortion can serve as a filter as to whether a Christian is a real Christian and whether a Conservative is a real conservative.

Those in the Tea Party and those voting in Republican Party primaries tend to identify themselves as fiscal conservatives or as social conservatives or both. The Party establishment elites who control the party, tend to want the Party to stay away from social conservative issues (that's because they answer to Masonic and Illuminati masters who are waging war against Christianity), and this is the source of much friction between the two groups (a true conservative is both a fiscal conservative and a social conservative). When God judges a man who passes through death for judgment before the throne of God, he will not ask how much money you made in your lifetime, but whether you obeyed his commandment and such. He is judging you on social issues, not fiscal issues. And when God punishes America for waging war against God and his commandments (which he will do during the Third World War), he will not be punishing it for fiscal issues, but for social issues, issues such as abortion and homosexual marriage and such--he will be punishing it for having revolted against God law and for having waged war against God. Pretend Christians tend to think that they can ignore social conservative issues, but they have surprise coming.

Lud, you say: “"The Church by its very nature is conservative, because it exists to conserve the teachings of Jesus Christ" [Pope Pius IX]. Lud, is that why he changed the teaching of Jesus Christ by making the brand new papal doctrine that popes are infallible nearly two thousand years after Christ? Pius IX also stated: “Liberals are the worst enemies of the Church”. And he was right about that. And he should know, for he was a Freemason (he became a Freemason while serving as a Vatican emissary in South America), and when he became pope it is said that he and his whole family were Liberals, including the cat. And he was, the Emperor of Austria tried to veto his election, and he had the authority to do this, but his representative was too late in arriving. But after reigning for a while and becoming a prisoner in the Vatican during the Revolution in Rome, Pius IX, seeing the error of his ways, had a change of heart, and he revolted against Liberalism and against Masonry. But Liberalism dies hard, and he never fully converted.

Louie

4/24/2016 6:19:03 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
cafe_express
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,393)
Mobile, AL
84, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from god_says:
I don't vote "republican" or "tea party".

Neither label, guarantees a conservative candidate.

I vote conservative.

Like the way you put this one.

I know a fellow that is a doctor, raised in Belgrade. Not brought up with religion at all, but would put many Christians to shame. Integrity, honesty, and conservative. Hates the Marxist regime of Obama.

4/24/2016 8:44:24 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008

I've known people like that.

4/24/2016 9:25:06 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
61falcon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (41,544)
New Hope, PA
76, joined Feb. 2008

I attended parochial school taught by religious orders throughout grammar and high school,never ever heard of any left handed person being told to write or use their right hand.That sounds like a figment of someone's imagination to me.

4/24/2016 10:11:47 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

thekinghasrisen
San Diego, CA
32, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from doublethree:
The whole women's bodies, women's lives, etc... doesn't mean anything because whose body it originates in is irrelevant.

An argument that some 50% of the country (the female half that can actually create lives) are conflicted upon.

Taking lives is wrong.

A basic position on a complicated problem is not the answer. Of course taking a life is wrong - no one disputes that. The dispute is in where and when an zygote/embryo/fetus becomes a life, entitled to government protection and rights. There seems to be this unhealthy amalgam of rights that aren't mentioned in the Bible and concepts that are, which form the conservative opinion of the life of a zygote trumping the rights of the full grown, tax paying mother.

In 99.99% of cases, the baby being born does NOT take the woman's life, so anything she loses by having the baby is greatly outweighed by the loss of life the baby has.

You see what happened there? You began an argument based on a premise that is simply your opinion - and not even a legal one. The term 'baby' is not the scientific description of a zygote, an embryo or a fetus. The legal opinion is that abortion is the constitutional right of the mother, which means that her rights supersede that of an organism growing in her body. Agree or disagree - that is the legal position. Anything else at this point is simply an opinion until the law changes.

This is not one of those "it's not up to me to tell others what to do" cases, any more than saying you shouldn't tell others not to murder or rape.

Are you hoping to stop a future mother of your child from trying to abort your son or daughter? You can prevent that by just not having sex: that is your right as a man and your solemn contribution to your cause if you so choose to make it. You can't prevent someone coming into your house and murdering you - you need laws allowing you to have guns and benefit from laws that deter would be murders - it is not equal.

I always enjoy these false-equivalent comparisons to murder that people pile on top of their unjustified and scientifically inaccurate characterization of pre-viable birth as an area where life exists and has constitutional protections. This is a massive mix of opinion and law.

The bottom line (as I stated earlier) remains:

Unless you're willing to make it the law (punishable by the government) for a pregnant woman to carry a pregnancy to term - you'll always have contention on the issue. No one has the courage to take that position (and subsequently get ousted from politics for the rest of their natural lives), so this will continue to be an issue.

[Edited 4/24/2016 10:14:42 PM ]

4/24/2016 10:20:44 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from 61falcon:
I attended parochial school taught by religious orders throughout grammar and high school,never ever heard of any left handed person being told to write or use their right hand.That sounds like a figment of someone's imagination to me.

Quote: that sounds like a figment of someone's imagination to me

Falcon, watch this video

http://kfor.com/2015/09/21/oklahoma-pre-k-teacher-allegedly-calls-being-left-handed-evil-and-sinister/

[Edited 4/24/2016 10:21:14 PM ]

4/24/2016 10:22:18 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

tardsmasher2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,819)
Douglasville, GA
54, joined Jun. 2010

yes

4/24/2016 10:23:07 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

tardsmasher2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,819)
Douglasville, GA
54, joined Jun. 2010

Can you be a liberal and NOT be a douchebag?

4/24/2016 10:28:15 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
annamally
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,714)
Santa Clarita, CA
97, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from 61falcon:

My ex went to Catholic school and they forced him to write with his right hand .

4/24/2016 11:16:02 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
mralwaysrite
Over 2,000 Posts (3,618)
Estevan, SK
54, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from annamally:
My ex went to Catholic school and they forced him to write with his right hand .

annamally;

I am a Christian conservative, and anti-religion

Examples;

some religion teaches Christians that Jesus turn water to de-alcoholised wine.

one religion teaches their followers Revelation 14

one religion teaches their members that seer stones were used to receive revelations from God.

and I could go on and on.......

4/24/2016 11:37:07 PM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
amusicluvr
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,560)
Salem, OR
64, joined Nov. 2013

No. Conservatives are very religious. They worship: themselves, money, power, sex, status, fun, etc.

4/25/2016 6:11:07 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

testsignup
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,519)
Springfield, VA
63, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from tardsmasher2:

Not a good way to persuade anyone that you matured past the age of four.^^^

4/25/2016 10:36:01 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
citylights01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,415)
Annapolis, MD
38, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from mralwaysrite:
Good question

Answer; Yes

However,

I don't believe that conservatives necessarily have stronger personal or family values than liberals. They tend to be more religious, but that doesn't mean stronger values.

4/25/2016 10:36:45 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  
citylights01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,415)
Annapolis, MD
38, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from tardsmasher2:

Says the guy who often attacks people here just for disagreeing.

4/25/2016 11:18:22 AM Can you be a conservative and non-religious?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from 61falcon:

No, it's not a figment of someone's imagination. Hundreds -if not thousands- of people were forced to use the right hand...even in a no so far away past.
The rationale behind was that left handed people were sinister...and only because the right hand was known as "diestra" (it has its origin in the Latin word dexter) and the left hand was known as "siniestra" also of Latin origin.

I could find for you the origin of the word "sinister" as a bad thing.