Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega presonals

And securely with eharmony s brand new Video Date function. idaho singles She is a relationship scientist whose study examines how we communicate in our romantic relationships. In addition to this, we also evaluated platforms for things like useful attributes and safety measures that have been place in spot. hookup in egypt Developing in app chat for your dating app from scratch is a time consuming course of action and needs lots of capital and the proper infrastructure.

dc hookups

Typical quantity of monthly international registrations 2018. warrenton va dating And it will take a truly exceptional lady to achieve that. I met my wife on match. rubmaps bakersfield Turns out his greatest strategy that weekend would be meeting the adore of his life.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/3/2009 8:05:05 PM Gatric Bypass  

wsprs0nthewind
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,454)
Powell, TN
53, joined Mar. 2009

Any of you done it and if so which proceedure? Did you have to have excess skin removed or a tummy tuck. How much weight did you lose?

[Edited 8/3/2009 8:06:00 PM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/6/2009 10:11:23 AM Gatric Bypass  
oletafive
Over 2,000 Posts (2,906)
Rattan, OK
70, joined Jun. 2007

Pull up the Emory Clinic in Atlanta GA. Gastric surgery should be your last choice and a hail Mary choice at best. The Emory clinic and Dr. Lin and his staff will help you regain the real you, (or the you you think you want to be).
Personally, I am on a good diet for me that has helped me shed 65 pounds so far.
I hope this helps you.
--=05=--

8/8/2009 8:30:44 PM Gatric Bypass  

wsprs0nthewind
Powell, TN
53, joined Mar. 2009

What kind of diet?

8/15/2009 7:53:01 AM Gatric Bypass  
oletafive
Over 2,000 Posts (2,906)
Rattan, OK
70, joined Jun. 2007

Breakfast:
A bowl of Wheat bran 3/4 cup
1%milk 1/2 cup
sweet n low

v-8 juice 1/2 cup (I snack on another 1.2 cup during the day
1 oz chocolate protein
1 oz whey protein
1,000mg potassium (I use potassium chloride to salt with also)
vitamin E 200 mg
Vitamin D with calcium 1600iu
Calcium supp.
Magnesium supp.
zinc supp.

lunch:
Fish 3oz
Sweet potato 2oz
Avocado slice or two

snack, jello artificially sweetened 10 cal.
Asparagus pickled W/ Pot. Chloride.
Pickled peppers and Bell peppers
(all this is very low cal. fillers.

Supper:
7-grain toast
home made veg. soup seasoned with lots of garlic and onions cabbage turnips and carrots. Some celery and some Greek seasoning (Pot. Chloride kind)

Total about 1200 cal.
(If I get real hungry I might eat something like plain popcorn no salt or butter and air-popped).
Hint: I buy a 3 lb roast very lean or trim all the fat off, I boil it, with the soup things listed above, for about 3 hours or more. The meat I can slice for a low calorie sandwich on 7-grain or rye bread and use the soup for supper. My foods are balanced with the aid of suppliments (essential while dieting). I so not eat broccoli or liver or Brussels sprouts so I may take different suppliments than you need.
My weight loss chart looks like a hack saw blade even though my diet is consistent.
--=05=--

[Edited 8/15/2009 8:04:44 AM ]

8/15/2009 8:31:17 PM Gatric Bypass  
dee57952
Suffern, NY
56, joined Aug. 2009

I had full gastric bypass 4 years ago. I am 5' 1" and used to weight 267
now I'm 125-130 lbs. Just normal I think. Was a piece of cake LOL for me. But I know of alot of people that nearly died. Best thing I ever did. Extra skin...yes somewhat for me, luckily I have alot of muscle under the fat and don't look bad at all. Hell everyone sags at our age.

8/21/2009 7:50:04 PM Gatric Bypass  

wsprs0nthewind
Powell, TN
53, joined Mar. 2009

Dee, that's true about the sagging. I could use a tummy tuck and a few tucks here and there but it's not bad enough to pay out the $$$ to have it done.

8/22/2009 5:57:22 PM Gatric Bypass  

dewberry
Lufkin, TX
47, joined May. 2009

I had Gastric Bypass 3/09/09; The morning of the surgery I weighed 251. Went to the doctor on Thursday and my weight is 193. My doctor is thrilled. He said patients are expected to lose up to 100 pounds in a year, I lost 59 in 51/2 months. I have not had any excess skin removed, but before surgery we alked about it may be necessary if weight is lossed to fast.

8/24/2009 6:51:50 PM Gatric Bypass  
futureunknown3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,675)
Madison, WI
48, joined Feb. 2009

I had the ruen-y with the scope so no big scar.

I have had no problems. I made the decision to loose the weight and keep it off. I was about 300 lbs when I had the surgery and now weigh about 115 lbs. I have not had any cosmetic surgeries.

(most of the weight was lossed before my 1 year anniversary of the surgery)

[Edited 8/24/2009 6:53:03 PM ]

9/24/2009 11:02:58 PM Gatric Bypass  

seekingtxcowboy
Rockport, TX
49, joined May. 2007

I have heard this is a very serious last resort to weight loss. I am overweight enough to wear I hate myself naked and trying hard to loose it. I heard you also have to get cosmetic surgery afterwards to get rid of the loose skin. Plus I heard you are on a very strict nasty diet of certain foods afterwards. I had a friend who had this surgery yrs ago she moved to Nebraska.

9/29/2009 6:45:53 AM Gatric Bypass  

dewberry
Lufkin, TX
47, joined May. 2009

Right after surgery, all you are allowed to eat is jello and sip water or cystal lite. Which is a major reason for quick weight loss. You cam have broth. 7 days later pudding is added to the above list. It's miserable, I tell you I have been hungry since the night before surgery!I have only experienced dumping a couple of times. However because I have problems with my sinus my stomache fills with mucus. The doctors said that people generally have a liter in their stomache every day; and because the stomache so small it is more noticable. It is gross; if I had known I think it would have been a deciding factor. My migrains are gone, my knees no longer hurt and my blood pressure has gone down.It is hard, especially around the holidays.You spend all your time trying to make the best choice for your 2-3 bites.

12/1/2009 1:50:03 PM Gatric Bypass  
nachzeichnen
Allen Park, MI
50, joined Oct. 2009

I had a complete gastric bypass in November 2005. I have lost 130 pounds. I havent had reconstructive surgery although I would love to. My health insurance was cancelled due to unrealated circumstances before I could arrange anything as far as a tummy tuck or boob job. Im saving money to have some work done. Even so, I am 100 percent happy I had the surgery. I was a size 24 44DD and now I am a size 4 32B. I feel better, look a little younger, and never have regreted my decision.

12/1/2009 1:57:22 PM Gatric Bypass  
nachzeichnen
Allen Park, MI
50, joined Oct. 2009

Since I have had the surgery, I never feel deprived, I eat almost anything I want. I cant eat much at one time, but Im OK with that. I can still have a few bites of birthday cake, or a small piece of pie, so holidays dont bother me. I can say this. This surgery will never cure an eating disorder. My feeling for food have never changed. I am just forced to eat diffrently now. Its been 4 years and I would never regret my choice. I have learned that the way some of us are raised, around food, using it to celebrate, using it for comfort, whatever our individule cases may be...will never change. WE must change. I eat what I want...WHEN I want, just much less of it. I never feel left out or deprived. I love to cook and have adapted well. My kids are healthier too, for the changes I have made in what and how I prepare food. My back no longer hurts, my knees feel better, I breath better, sleep better, no longer have migrains, AND I fit in the rollercoaster seat at Cedar Point.....something I couldnt do before. I love spending time with my kids, and I am enjoying life.

12/1/2009 8:02:32 PM Gatric Bypass  
lilacsnrain
Maryville, MO
66, joined May. 2009

I didn't opt for surgery, but some do, and get along quite fine with it. Most of the weight I lost has been just doing my own food plan based on the exchange plan, and doing Weight Watchers. At least with WW you don't have to buy pre-packaged food, etc. It's all just food we should be eating anyway. It's a simple plan. I stayed at a plateau for awhile, but went back on WW on my own. I know the plan! *smile* So, I just weigh at home every week, and just do what I know to do. Good luck with whatever choice you make!!

12/29/2009 2:15:40 AM Gatric Bypass  

techgirl27
Bedford, TX
46, joined Dec. 2009

I lost almost 100 lbs with no surgery. If I can do it (read = zero metabolism) anyone can.
When you lose it slower and naturally, you dont get the sagging (or the risks) you get with surgery.

1/5/2010 11:07:08 PM Gatric Bypass  

kay42
Chicago Ridge, IL
51, joined Feb. 2009

I had gastric bypass 11-19-07 my weight was 435lbs as of today my weigh is 255lbs and still loosing the weight with all the health problems I was haven i would be dead by now if I hadn't had the surgery.I thank God every day for blessing me and answer my prayor.yes I have the skin and my boob have went south but I know with out a dout Gob is going to take care of that to.good luck in ur journey toward loosing weight

2/14/2010 8:35:12 PM Gatric Bypass  
ronegirl
Lyons, TX
67, joined Nov. 2008

I had Gastric Bypass almost 5 years ago. I weighed 278 pounds and took that option because I was diagnosed the year before as having type-2 diabetis. Working in a rehab facility and seeing what could happen to people not taking care of themselves I decided to have the surgery. Losing limbs was not what I wanted for myself in the future. After surgery I no longer have to take meds for diabetis and have had no problems at all nor signs of it returning. That in it's self is a miracle.

I had lost 110 pounds, but have gained back 30. Yes, you can gain it back. I still am in a size 12 and just this week joined a bariatric support group. I have set my long-term goal to weigh 150 by Sept 1. Short-term at least 10 pounds in the 6 weeks of this support group (Back Track).

It still was the best thing I ever did for myself and I do not regret any moment of it. My son weighed 357 pounds and has lost 140 pounds. At age 38 he married for the first time. His personality has changed; he is a more loving person. He is now a grandfather and is extremely happy.

Yes I do have some lose skin but hey gravity is going to take hold one day anyways.. I will just have to exercise more and eat less.....

Veronica

2/19/2010 1:38:03 PM Gatric Bypass  
rhodora
Queen Creek, AZ
41, joined Jan. 2009

From a healthcare perspective, it is only for people like 400 or 500 lbs. I've personally taken care one in the hospital and she was critically ill from recovering from the surgery. The food normally gets into stomach after ingestion. When you have a gastric bypass, it goes directly to the intestine (bypassing the stomach) and so you really have to be careful what you eat to avoid what they call dumping syndrome.

3/8/2010 11:21:46 AM Gatric Bypass  
unealnbob
Pleasanton, CA
57, joined Mar. 2010

I had it done on feb 5th 2008 The best thing i ever did it. It gave me my life back and i'm making up for all the things i've missed over the years. And i have to say that i love OPRAH ever since she had Dr. Oz on her show all the women want to find out if what he said is true. He said that for every 30 pounds a man loses he gains one inch below. Well i've lost 207 lbs and when the women ask me about it. My reply is there's only one way to find out. So who's next? Did i just say that out loud?
I hate it when that happens. LOL Life is GOOD!!

3/22/2010 2:41:55 PM Gatric Bypass  

jamr5404
Celina, TX
71, joined Sep. 2007

I had the ruen-y and gained it back. If I had it to do over, I would NOT do it. Too many complications and risks. I have joined Slim4Life and it is working great. Teaching me a whole new way of eating healthy and I am satisfied. They guarantee you will loose 3 to 5 pounds a week if you follow the plan and it really works. Check into it.

4/4/2010 10:51:35 PM Gatric Bypass  
iaminohio
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Cleveland, OH
66, joined Sep. 2008

How about a cup of fat free milk for breakfast, fat free yogurt for lunch, and cream of mushroom soup for dinner? And a few fruits/veggies in between. Don't forget to lay off desert. It worked for me. I've lost ten pounds. 157# on my bathroom scale. Yay!!

All that while I am on steroids for my arthritis, yet still managed to lose weight.

[Edited 4/4/2010 10:53:14 PM ]

6/19/2010 10:50:20 PM Gatric Bypass  
icuddle
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,624)
Salem, OR
65, joined Dec. 2009

Everyone I know who has had bypass has regretted it, due to health problems. The lap band is the lesser of evils, health wise. I have a friend who lost 120 pounds prior to getting the band, and another 80 since getting the band. She really didn't need the band, since she lost so much without it, but she wanted to speed up the loss, and figured the band would help. The band has far fewer, and less severe, health problems.

6/29/2010 9:55:55 PM Gatric Bypass  

enz18
Randolph, MA
46, joined Jun. 2010

This August will be 6 years since I had gastric bypass. I lost 165 pounds in less than 2 years. I had a baby 10 months ago and I still have not gained any of my weight back (only gained about 30 while pregnant and lost all of it). I eat like any normal person I just don't eat as much. It was THE best thing I have ever done.

7/16/2010 6:26:34 PM Gatric Bypass  
lilyriff
Canton, OH
57, joined Jul. 2010

i am thinking about getting this done i am so tired of be heavy

7/17/2010 8:28:10 PM Gatric Bypass  
lilyriff
Canton, OH
57, joined Jul. 2010

if you smoke and quit do u have to wait a year to have it done

8/20/2010 6:11:21 PM Gatric Bypass  
rhoni40
Over 2,000 Posts (2,668)
Toccoa, GA
48, joined Jun. 2010

I thought about having this surgery a couple yrs back, decided against it, Having ms , and other medical problems I started watching what I eat and stopped all the un called for steriod injections unless the Dr's told me I needed them, Since 2008 I have lost over 167 lbs I still have much more to go , but one thing at a time! Good luck to all!

9/7/2010 10:02:10 PM Gatric Bypass  
myrrhc
Bradenton, FL
57, joined Jul. 2009

I had a Roux n Y Gastric Bypass June of 2001. I chose a brand new surgeon. Full page ad in our local newspaper. I was first patient in our local hospital to have it done. I was 12th patient of the new surgeon. Weighed in at 221 and i am 5'3". Had laproscopic. The surgeon did now know what he was doing, unable to see well thru the laprscope. He ended up knicking my bowel and bile leaked thru my abdomen. Ended up in coma for a month. Left for dead. Had 6 surgeries during the time I was in the coma. Lost my spleen, gallbladder, apendix, and several feet of intestine. Developed hernia and huge whole in my abdoman that they couldn't sew shut. Spent 6mths in hospital, and another year in hospital bed at home. They could not reconnect my stomach until i fully recovered a full year and a half later. Could not eat or drink that entire time. Had to hook up to nutrtion bag that went directly into my veins. Had to learn to walk again.
I have MS, and I had high blood pressure before the surgery. I am now fully recovered, lost 110 lbs. No more high blood pressure, and my MS hasn't flared up since.

Won court settlement against surgeon. Now...would I do this all over again. Do I encourage people to go for it. Well you really need to decide this for yourself. I do still believe in the surgery. However I would say do not have it done lap. Have open surgery so surgeon can see well what he is doing. I lived in torture that year and a half, and wanted to die. But the surgeon who took over my case after i was taken away from the original surgeon, became my best friend and support system. He was like a therapist and surgeon in one. He would come see me every day. On sundays he came in his church suit to see me before church. He willed me to live and I'm grateful for it today. I'm very happy now, wish I would have excess skin removed, but would be crazy to go under the knife again. Oh and to the lady who asked about smoking, i smoked up till the day before my surgery, and my lungs collapsed, but not right away. It was due to all my complications. Good luck to all who are considering the Gastric Bypass.

9/10/2010 4:17:57 AM Gatric Bypass  

jasmi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,554)
Latrobe, PA
60, joined Jun. 2008

I know 3 people who had it done. My sister had it when it first came out, she lost all the weight she needed to without complication. Although, she became an alcoholic shortly after the surgery, and I wonder did this speed her weight loss? The other 2 people who had it done have constant bowel and gastric problems, although they did lose weight with it. I am very large, and after seeing what these 2 went thru (and still are) I will not have it done. This goes against what most people here have said, sounds like a lot of successes out there. But it's not for me. I'll die fat and happy!

10/9/2010 10:58:28 PM Gatric Bypass  
ruthsan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,411)
Orlando, FL
55, joined Oct. 2010

Everyone's decision to have or not to have surgery is a personal choice. I had the RNY and went from 288 to 175lb, now have had 40lb regain and working on getting back on track. RNY is the gold standard of surgery. Check out Obesityhelp.com and check out your local area there for lots of info. I still don't regret it. Personal choice. My sister lost about 100lbs the old fashion way but she still struggles with some weight regain as well. It's ALWAYS a work in progress whether you have surgery or not. I worked out alot and don't have alot of sagg except a bit in my upper arms..if I ever have the money I would do my arm and other stuff..but realistically there is no money so u have to deal with the sagg vs the fat and then if anyone does have the money for any other surgeries you trade that for scars..so where do u draw the line? It's whatever would make you happy. Best of luck to you.

12/12/2010 10:58:32 PM Gatric Bypass  
insomniac_88
Hammondsport, NY
51, joined Aug. 2010

You go girl!! Ive been losing 2-5 pounds a week for almost a year and I read the weight watchers books and just did it all on my own..now Im on a plateau and have started jogging. No surgery!! I am an xray tech and never have seen a Gastric Bypass surgery that hasn't gone wrong in some way..most people are in debt up to their you know what, because of complications requireing cat scans and barium studies. I wouldnt do it if I were you.

12/21/2010 10:15:44 PM Gatric Bypass  
daniellenj82
Cranford, NJ
35, joined Dec. 2010

I was actually going to get the surgery. Did everything I had to do to get accepted. Lost 20 pounds before surgery and decided four days before surgery it wasn't for me. I had a really bad and unsettling feeling. Since then I am down 40 pounds. Gastric bypass is a serious surgery. You must really think about having it. Once its done, there is no going back. I do honor the people who did it because I know that it isnt easy. It is not the easy way out either.

12/27/2010 10:49:55 AM Gatric Bypass  
cruisinaround
Over 2,000 Posts (2,177)
White Cloud, MI
53, joined Sep. 2010

I had RNY Gastric Bypass on 10/13/09 and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I was at an all time high of 479 lbs. In the first year I have lost 200 lbs. I still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight, and yes I have sagging skin and sagging boobs, but it is still way worth it. Before surgery I was wheelchair bound (could barely walk), I had high blood sugar (insulin dependant), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, on CPAP for sleep disorders, arthiritis and degenerative joint disease. Now I have discarded the wheelchair, am walking on my own and can stand for hours at a time, am off all medications and do not wear the CPAP anymore. My asthma is still here but I do not wheeze like I used to, and haven't had an attack since surgery (knock on wood), the arthiritis is still a factor too, but my knees and other joints do not hurt as much as they used to. I only take tylenol for arthiritis for the pain.

The thing to keep in mind about this surgery is that it in itself is not a cure all. You still have to do the work to take the weight off and you definitely have to change your lifestyle. If you don't then its not going to work. For me it was all about the health issues. I was on a fast track to death and I needed this help to change my world. I am feeling almost 100% better now. If I needed to I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! I have not had the plastic surgery yet, and won't until I am comfortable with my weight and am sure that I can maintain that weight.

[Edited 12/27/2010 10:50:52 AM ]

3/23/2011 12:30:02 PM Gatric Bypass  
413latina
Springfield, MA
42, joined Mar. 2011

Hi am having d Gastric Bypass surgery on April 12/11 n cant lie am scared

3/27/2011 7:35:29 PM Gatric Bypass  
ng1969
Clifton, CO
48, joined Mar. 2011

I had surgery 2/16/09...best decision I hv made...I have lost 159 lbs...wnt from a size 26 to a size 8...no saggy skin...I was lucky...it doesnt solve a eating disorder, but now 2 yrs later, I can eat pretty much what I want just less of it...oh, but I did give up soda...no big loss...

4/6/2011 12:43:19 AM Gatric Bypass  
jocieanne
Montier, MO
69, joined Jun. 2010

Did not have a gastric bypass. Mindset to cut portions and change eating habits. Have lost to date 190 lbs. Had lost 165 and then had to have surgery to remove excess skin. Surgery went great but had complications after. Was doing great and wound up with a critical bacteria infection for which I am on iv in home therapy. Surgery is rough no matter how you do it but sometimes it comes to a point when it has to be done. THe reason I had the skin removed. I would have lost my legs to lack of circulation. Been asked if I would do it if I had it to do over. Would not want the complications but I feel better that I have in years. Once the infection is gone I will do a lot better. My best wishes goes to anyone trying. It is not an easy road. One thing that will help is to take the word diet out and put change in life patterns. Wish you all well.

5/22/2011 8:17:50 PM Gatric Bypass  

deckhand1010
Allen Park, MI
57, joined May. 2011

I had gastric bypass on 4-1-2010. I started the program in Sept '09. I started at 440lbs. I was able to lose down to 387 by april... I now weigh 275.
Best thing I ever did, I can, and do, eat whatever I want.. just a lot less. but i try to stay healthy.. the only thing that really bothers me is too much grease.
I have also trained myself that most junk food tastes like JUNK! i can't stand french fries, chips or candy... I love fri=uits and veggies.. and only eat baked, broiled or grilled meats. Not A DECISION TO BE MADE LIGHTLY! IT WILL EITHER CHANGE YOUR LIFE... OR MAKE YOU MISERABLE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE... YOUR CHOICE

5/27/2011 10:58:43 PM Gatric Bypass  
mumma
Taunton, MA
45, joined May. 2011

have you heard about the gastric sleeve.I am going to be having it done this year.the dr.'s take out like 80% of your stomach so the stomach looks like a sleeve.the stomach is responsible for sending out hormones that tell you are hungry.which cuts down the urges to eat.after you loose a certain amount of weight you can then have the bypass surgery if you need it.I probly won't need it because i am 230lbs.if i loose 100 lbs in one year i will meet the ideal bmi for my age and height.reserch it.can't hurt.i am having mine done at brigham and womens hospitol in boston mass

6/5/2011 6:01:23 PM Gatric Bypass  
ruthsan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,411)
Orlando, FL
55, joined Oct. 2010

A lot of ppl look at GB as a "lazy" way of losing weight..which is not true!! I tried the conventional way and didn't lose any weight even having personal trainer. I had the RNY 9/29/04 and I couldnt have been happier. Has it been a great journey - not all. there have been problems along the way cause if u don't comply - you get punished for eating wrong. 7 years out I've had a bit of weight gain..mainly to being bored at work and nibbling. Im trying to refocus and start working out again. It's a work in progress. But its a personal choice if you want to have it. It will not be an easy road.

6/6/2011 1:42:48 PM Gatric Bypass  
lovely_lover
Blackshear, GA
27, joined May. 2011

theres actually another form of the gastric bypass, its the gastric sleeve, my mom had it done back in december and has lost right at 90 pounds, the doctors say its saver that the gastric bypass because they dont have to go in and mess with the intestines, they just remove 90% of your stomach.. since the sergery she hasnt had any problems at all.

_ by no means do i thnk the gastric bypass is the easy way out, sometimes its medically nessary for people to loose weight, now weeding the ones who really need it form the ones who are just too lazy to work to loose its a different story.

-wanna wish you guys luck and i hope you have as much success as my mom, it really a life changing surgery.

6/7/2011 8:24:59 AM Gatric Bypass  
binderdundat
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,303)
New Orleans, LA
56, joined Sep. 2008

You people that had the surgeries couldn't have been compulsive overeaters because nothing short of a miracle will take away the compulsion. I've lived "skinny" with the compulsion, and I've lived fat with it. There's no difference, other than the clothes I wear.

Luckily, I've found the solution for the compulsion and have been abstinent for 34 days now, and lost 12 lbs. I'm glad the surgery has worked for some, however if you're a compulsive overeater, you know you'll still have the compulsion after the surgery, and that will have to be addressed for success.

Good luck all

6/16/2011 11:36:29 AM Gatric Bypass  

hdkev72
Whitman, MA
45, joined Apr. 2011

I had the gastric by-pass done in sept.2000.at that time I weighed 575 lbs. Lost a total of 376 lbs. My weight bounces up and down between 200 and 225.

6/16/2011 9:19:41 PM Gatric Bypass  

hildaback
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,183)
Jacksonville, FL
57, joined Sep. 2010

My niece had it done and gained it all back 2 yrs later

[Edited 6/16/2011 9:20:05 PM ]

7/18/2011 10:47:09 PM Gatric Bypass  
lizkirb
Fairfax, VA
24, joined Jul. 2011

I had a lap band in April of this year. So far I've lost 30 pounds starting in June when they started tightening it, so I believe that it has been successful so far! I'm continuing to lose every day, and I can't complain.

Bypass is... scary. I got offered it, but there are SO many complications that go along with it. It should be a last measure to save your life only. My suggestion would be the gastric sleeve. My mom got it and lost 195 pounds. I suggest looking it up. Much safer with fast weight loss.

7/19/2011 7:08:07 AM Gatric Bypass  

wired456
Littlestown, PA
47, joined May. 2011

Just 3 words serving sizes and exercise. Losing the weight slower will also reduce the sagging skin problems. Reduce not eliminate. Moisturize every day twice a day particularly the trouble spots i.e. stomach area. I have lost over 70 pounds after being heavy all my life. Good luck with whatever way you choose.

7/21/2011 9:33:48 PM Gatric Bypass  
obsidianblue
Akron, OH
26, joined Jul. 2011

I want the lap band, too -- that is, since nothing else seems to work. Gastric bypass seems so scary since there is so much involved in the procedure, y'know?

7/25/2011 1:53:50 PM Gatric Bypass  

susieq_tx
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,846)
Harlingen, TX
65, joined Mar. 2011

I was never quite a candidate for the radical surgery. I went from 242 to 130 in 4 years on my own. Now I'd love to have all the extra skin taken off.

7/31/2011 10:54:46 PM Gatric Bypass  

folts71
Beaverton, MI
46, joined Jul. 2011

I am having the RNY the 23rd of this month. I am excited and scared. If i don't have it done i will be dead in approximately 5 years. I started out about a month ago at 436lbs now as of today i am at 406. I have tried alot of diets and i exercise every day it just ain't working for me and my surgery is deemed medically necessary. Good luck to everyone else and i will keep everyone updated.

8/1/2011 11:47:26 AM Gatric Bypass  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

I have lost 95 pounds in the past 2 1/2 years with just diet. No excercise, no surgery.

I dated a woman who had the bypass done and I have to say that I am glad I did not go that route. Her diet was restricted and she could not enjoy food like she could before. Oh, and the farts? Oh man those were bad, not like normal farts. Maybe it was just her.

However she lost weight so fast that she did not look good with all the extra skin folds. Since my weight loss was gradual enough, I do not have an issue with loose skin.

8/6/2011 2:22:45 AM Gatric Bypass  

regeana
Akron, OH
51, joined Aug. 2011

i'm going to have the surgery in october any advice?

8/6/2011 2:29:32 AM Gatric Bypass  

regeana
Akron, OH
51, joined Aug. 2011

how do stop being so anxious when you were waiting to get the surgery. it seems like october is taking too long to get hear. i know i'm not supposed to be anxious for anything but i'm so excited

8/28/2011 10:15:57 AM Gatric Bypass  

ndnqueen
Danville, VA
42, joined Jun. 2011

i just had the surgery and i mean just had. i had my surgery on the 10th of august and im not sure if i regret it or not. just the surgery alone made me drop about 30 pounds. i am still in alot of pain and i am miserable still. i had only one complication and i thank God i was able to get through it..but like i said i am still in alot of pain and cant seem to shake it at all. i dont think no amount of pain pills will do the trick. ive tried them. i still have my staples and my drainage tube in so that is where the discomfort is coming from i know. but......

8/28/2011 10:19:32 AM Gatric Bypass  

ndnqueen
Danville, VA
42, joined Jun. 2011

stay focused and dont get to excited. there is always room for complications and something to go wrong. not trying to scare you, just being honest. had mine on the 10 and i am still in alot of pain from it, but just the surgery alone, i dropped 30 pounds. so there is alot of good to come from it. good luck to you and God Bless you .

8/28/2011 10:21:35 AM Gatric Bypass  

ndnqueen
Danville, VA
42, joined Jun. 2011

no!!

8/28/2011 6:22:55 PM Gatric Bypass  

outback2451
Rochester, NY
66, joined Jul. 2009

I would consider lapbanding. I work in the medical field and therefore am way too afraid for gastric bypass and really don't think I would be a candidate anyway with a BMI of 35.8 altho I have type II diabetes and some moderate elevated B/P and arthritis etc.

Anyone out there that can comment on the lap band experience?

9/6/2011 1:35:45 PM Gatric Bypass  
ladyj6942
Saint Paul, MN
49, joined Dec. 2010

My mom has been through it twice. It like all weight lose takes hardwork and dedication to yourself. It isn't easy because you basically have to learn to eat all over again. Yes there is excess skin to contend with depending on how large you were and how quickly you drop, every body responds differently.

Seeing her go through it a 2nd time was too much for me. I took steps to build a healthy life style and diet. I dont necessarily do the best on weekends but I always opt for the healthiest possible while not denying myself anything. Its about moderation.

All of it is a personal choice, no matter what you choose you've gotta be mentally ready for the changes in how you feel, how you look, how others will potentially view you. Some people may actually be upset with you for changing you, your messing with their comfort zones.

No matter you've gotta do what is right for you. Diet and exercise work for me, can't imagine a day without a trip to the gym or a walk or bicycle ride.

10/14/2011 1:53:29 AM Gatric Bypass  
nymphomom
Fallon, NV
38, joined Mar. 2010

I wish I had insurance or the money, I want to have gastric bypass so bad. My friend lost 260 pounds and looks great! My 2 aunts and 2 cousins also had it done and had great success.

10/14/2011 9:39:19 AM Gatric Bypass  
blondeks1
South Hutchinson, KS
32, joined Oct. 2011

My doctor wants to have one of them done. I have done a lot of research for it but also know the insurance probably would not cover it. I am at a point were it would be deemed medically nessasary but I also work at a wellness center and the trainer thinks I can do it on my own. God he doesn't know me very well. I hope I can change my lazy attitude.

10/29/2011 1:28:14 AM Gatric Bypass  

tammyh9157
Greenville, OH
60, joined Oct. 2011

I had the RNY/laproscopic 5 years ago...I have gone from weighing 440 pounds down to 240 pounds...I was on oxygen 3 years prior to having surgery, plus in a wheel chair most of the time...I was unable to walk more than 3 ft...I was diabetic, had asthma, and was given a year to live if I didn't have the surgery...I am so glad that I had the surgery...I no longer live on oxygen, yea!!! I sold my wheelchair, plus I am no longer diabetic, nor do I have asthma...I am Founder of a weight loss support group in Greenville, Ohio that I started just a little over 3 years ago...Ive been very lucky because my family and friends have been so supportive...I couldn't have done it without their help...Good luck to anyone trying to lose weight regardless if you have surgery or not.

4/25/2012 9:54:48 AM Gatric Bypass  

dallasnumbr1fan
Conroe, TX
43, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from obsidianblue:
I want the lap band, too -- that is, since nothing else seems to work. Gastric bypass seems so scary since there is so much involved in the procedure, y'know?

I had the gastric sleeve much less radical and you lose weight just as fast as bypass. The band is having lots of issues due to erosion and slipping.
With the band its very easy to cheat and most people do not lose the weight they want to lose.

My Cuz had the band the same time I had the sleeve. She has lost 50 pounds and I have lost 189 pounds in 12 months. She now wants the sleeve

5/6/2012 10:45:17 PM Gatric Bypass  

mom_cat
Danbury, CT
64, joined Nov. 2011

Quote from wsprs0nthewind:
Any of you done it and if so which proceedure? Did you have to have excess skin removed or a tummy tuck. How much weight did you lose?

I wanted to, but my insurance company took it off our contract the week before my surgery was scheduled. So as a result, I had to look for alternate measures. Here is the website that I have been getting my weight loss products from. GOOD PRODUCTS, fast delivery and I lost 75 pounds so far. I am very close to my goal weight now. Check it out, I recommend it whenever I can. https://www.xyngular.com/thin4life/

5/29/2012 5:16:26 AM Gatric Bypass  

cindyc1974
Columbia, TN
43, joined May. 2012

my roommate had the sleeve shes looks fab!coming to see her for a visit after not seeing her for a year prior was odd,she didn't look the same she was look a whole new lady to me but seeing her going out being social and happy made it all worth it

however now considering it,im on certain medications that leave weight loss at a stand still they make me gain,i hate my insulin,i suffer leg edema so im really wanting to try im not a binge eater i cook healthy and eat healthy as it is and already started the gym