Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal com sign up

This quest societies wolves to scientific theories and try not even obtain out my post grad time for me. quad cities hookup If you both keep thinking about every single other folks and feel appropriate, move on to one more 7 dates and then consider obtaining into a connection to know her deeper. If you are tired of swiping, Ship is a strong option. best hookup bars near times square On the web dating is not a thing whacky and weird.

listcrawler megapersonals

If you use your Facebook account, this then types the basis of your Tinder profile. dating in seaford MyLOL is owned by the exact same developers as Spotafriend, but it works differently and is also a web site. And if I am capable to go back to his country, then Allah will perform factors out, if that is what Allah has in store for me and for him. asian dating chicago il Believing only desperate folks and murderers employed dating sites, I resisted the guidance of my friends for years to sign up.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

I would not date an atheist. However, I may date an agnostic.
I could be friends with an agnostic but there are things that I want to experience in my life and
there is no chance I could or would with an agnostic.
To me, being a Christian is about "relationship," not religion.
Personally, I have less crappola in my life because of the "relationship."

9/29/2009 10:33:10 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
__john__
Lansing, MI
46, joined Sep. 2009

Ladies, would you date an atheist?

Men, would you date an atheist?

Why or why not?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/29/2009 10:34:59 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
somethingrare
Over 1,000 Posts (1,228)
Abilene, TX
53, joined Jul. 2009

I wouldn't. It would be like me dating a Moslum. Some faiths or in this case lack of, is not meant to be put together. But that is my opinion.

9/29/2009 10:35:51 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
cinthianna01
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,936)
Goshen, IN
96, joined Mar. 2009

Yes,...

Why? They tend to be more of a realist when dealing with realistic issues...

9/29/2009 10:37:52 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
jenamp88
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,867)
Morris, MN
32, joined Apr. 2009

I wouldn't. If that's who you are, that's fine. I'm not going to push my beliefs on someone, and that is why I need someone who believes. My faith has gotten me through some really rough times in my life, and that will always be the case.

9/29/2009 10:40:42 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
aprilandrews
Sumter, SC
24, joined Sep. 2009

Yes. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I would not try to convince someone to think differently on that subject because I have no right, as they have no right to try to convince me to believe a certain way. I don't agree with a lot of things God represents or calls for. But, He did give us a choice on what to believe. And the choice is only ours. But, why should that come between another person and me? That deal will be settled when they die. Doesn't need to be dealt with here on Earth.

9/29/2009 10:40:46 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
lust4love
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,709)
Atco, NJ
45, joined Sep. 2007

I'll tell you when Im dying.

9/29/2009 10:41:40 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

moraldk325
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,628)
State College, PA
52, joined Aug. 2008

Yep.
Because I do not wish to be trapped by the limitations and dogmas that the "faithful" must adhere to. I don't operate on beLIEf.

9/29/2009 10:45:23 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
xpamela_leighx
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,958)
Springville, UT
42, joined Jul. 2009

I don't care.....

9/29/2009 10:49:13 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,308)
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

No, I wouldn't because I believe in God and we wouldn't have the same beliefs or value system

9/29/2009 10:49:40 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
greengables
Bushnell, FL
32, joined Jul. 2009

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

9/29/2009 10:50:38 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
__john__
Lansing, MI
46, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from hsprin:
No, I wouldn't because I believe in God and we wouldn't have the same beliefs or value system

hsprin,

What are some values that a Christian has that an atheist doesn't?

Quote from greengables:
Well, it would be better than dating a jew.

Your wit well is overflowing tonight isn't it, grasshopper?

[Edited 9/29/2009 10:51:43 PM ]

9/29/2009 10:55:58 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

moraldk325
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,628)
State College, PA
52, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from __john__:
What are some values that a Christian has that an atheist doesn't?

I'll take, FEAR GUILT AND REPRESSION for the win, Alex!

9/29/2009 10:57:48 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

Well family values may be completely different. A lot of things I believe in and the way I raise my family has to do with my beliefs and God, so if somebody doesn't believe in God how could they be the same?

And to be fair, it can with someone who believes in God as well, it is all the way you read things and put them in force in your life.

9/29/2009 11:00:50 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
greengables
Bushnell, FL
32, joined Jul. 2009

But Hsprin, don't you have sex before marriage? Lots of people belive in God, but very few follow his word. I mean, I belive in God, and look how insane I am.

9/29/2009 11:00:56 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

katrinasq
Over 2,000 Posts (3,593)
Mena, AR
47, joined Jul. 2008

I wouldn't. My faith is important to me, and it's something I'd like to share without feeling like I am pushing or disrespecting his beliefs. Also, the thought of being with someone I won't see again after I die is disturbing to me.

9/29/2009 11:01:46 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
__john__
Lansing, MI
46, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from hsprin:
Well family values may be completely different. A lot of things I believe in and the way I raise my family has to do with my beliefs and God, so if somebody doesn't believe in God how could they be the same?

And to be fair, it can with someone who believes in God as well, it is all the way you read things and put them in force in your life.

I see. So, an atheist is definitely out of the question. And, just to be fair, a man bearing a Christian card doesn't get a free pass. He has to be the right kind of Christian.

Thanks for answering.

Quote from katrinasq:
I wouldn't. My faith is important to me, and it's something I'd like to share without feeling like I am pushing or disrespecting his beliefs. Also, the thought of being with someone I won't see again after I die is disturbing to me.

That last sentence is what disturbs me. The thought of living forever sounds hellishly boring after a couple thousand years. I'd beg god to die.

[Edited 9/29/2009 11:05:57 PM ]

9/29/2009 11:13:50 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
jayson07345
Reseda, CA
59, joined Apr. 2009

If the person was an atheist and a vegetarian probably not....I can only deal with so much....

Now if they were only an atheist.....Hmmmmm, I don't think I've ever gone out with one....I wonder if their car insurance is more expensive......they probably have to increase their fire insurance especially if they're gonna be damned to hell.....I dunno, it just seems atheists are on the losing team....C'mon! God vs. The Atheists, who do you think is gonna win that one?.......I'll stick to Team God.....Woot! Woot!

9/29/2009 11:15:08 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

recurve123
Mackinaw, IL
63, joined Sep. 2009

I'd have to pray about that.

9/29/2009 11:16:03 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
somethingrare
Over 1,000 Posts (1,228)
Abilene, TX
53, joined Jul. 2009

John: Some Christians are taught that in order to have a closer walk with God they need someone who supports that walk. An Athiest might try to hinder his Christian partner from that walk.

This is why differences in views, values and belief is important to some Christians. This does not mean someone who is Athiest is a bad person. Just means they shouldn't hinder a Christians belief.

I am sure you could admit that "If" God was real and an Athiest pulled the Christian back causing them to lose their "Free Pass," as you put it, the Athiest would feel bad that they harmed the Christian.

There is nothing wrong with being an Athiest, but what if the Athiest is wrong? The Christian loses the most.

What if the Athiest is right? In this case the Christian lost nothing.

I myself believe in God, I know he exists. I also know I do not possess a "Free Pass" card to get in. I know there are no Free Passes and that I must work to achieve my goal.

Will I be bored after 2,000 years or so? I have no clue, but what I do know is I'd be begging to be let out of hell within the first hour. So I'd date someone who believed as I do or similar. This way they could give me support and I could give them support.

Hope this answered your question and inquiry as to why some don't feel it would be a good match.

9/29/2009 11:20:06 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

I believe that there are many different kinds of Christians and people that believe in God.

Many people "claim" to be Christians and sin all week and think that just because they go to church on Sunday they are Christians or will be saved.

I don't like that, I don't buy into it.

I don't claim to be a perfect Christian either, I have my faults, not one of us is free from sin period!!!

But I need someone who believes in God none the less.

9/29/2009 11:23:10 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from somethingrare:
John: Some Christians are taught that in order to have a closer walk with God they need someone who supports that walk. An Athiest might try to hinder his Christian partner from that walk.

This is why differences in views, values and belief is important to some Christians. This does not mean someone who is Athiest is a bad person. Just means they shouldn't hinder a Christians belief.

I am sure you could admit that "If" God was real and an Athiest pulled the Christian back causing them to lose their "Free Pass," as you put it, the Athiest would feel bad that they harmed the Christian.

There is nothing wrong with being an Athiest, but what if the Athiest is wrong? The Christian loses the most.

What if the Athiest is right? In this case the Christian lost nothing.

I myself believe in God, I know he exists. I also know I do not possess a "Free Pass" card to get in. I know there are no Free Passes and that I must work to achieve my goal.

Will I be bored after 2,000 years or so? I have no clue, but what I do know is I'd be begging to be let out of hell within the first hour. So I'd date someone who believed as I do or similar. This way they could give me support and I could give them support.

Hope this answered your question and inquiry as to why some don't feel it would be a good match.

Very well said, and I don't put down an Athiest either, you have the right to believe in what you believe in as well. But I want God in my life, my marriage, my family.

I did it years without and men who wouldn't go to church with me and well, God isn't going to bless a mess, I say. He isn't going to fight and help hold my family, relationship together if we both don't believe in Him. I am just saying.

Too each it's own, what works for you, is just that. I just know what I want and what I believe.

9/29/2009 11:28:01 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
yourfriendbob
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,396)
Fayette, OH
61, joined Oct. 2008

I'd rather date an agnostic.
There's something that feels very healthy about someone willing to admit that they just aren't sure about God.

9/29/2009 11:32:34 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (34,426)
Henderson, NV
57, joined May. 2009

I think I would argue too much with an atheist. If we could agree to disagree, agree to not ridicule, and agree to support the other's thought process, then maybe.

But it wouldn't be easy.

9/29/2009 11:33:22 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
redinnevada
Over 1,000 Posts (1,200)
Wadsworth, NV
55, joined May. 2009

yes, I would date an atheist. As an agnostic/non-religious person myself, it would be compatible with my own stance on religion.

edited to add: I don't believe in conformist religion. But I do believe in a higher power. However, I don't think that higher power requires us to be in church to be heard

[Edited 9/29/2009 11:37:00 PM ]

9/29/2009 11:35:14 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
tommyutahisfun
Salt Lake City, UT
43, joined Sep. 2009

I'm into find a woman who does'nt kill, steal, lie, cheat and has a good attitude about life.

Personally I'm not religious. But I do believe in something. All this can't be by chance. My religion is in Nature, I feel at peace in the wild. I always have. As long as this woman that I would like to find likes going to wild places in nature and has a love of life, and likes the challenge of the valleys and peaks of life. It's all good. That being said I'm not into going to a church of any kind. But if she would like to go to church she is more than welcome to, it's her life and her beliefs.

I can say that I have felt the power of nature and its spirituallity countless times. How everything has a purpose. Just like I believe man and woman have it's purpose her on this little planet. Ecology and finding out the why thing are is fascinating to me. Religion does'nt float my boat that way.

Life really is beautiful. I'm not to sure about religions though. Most of them have alot of blood on their hands throughout history.

Your life really is in your hands. Make it an adventure, and be a good person!! Why do I need a religion to tell me that?

[Edited 9/29/2009 11:43:49 PM ]

9/29/2009 11:35:54 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
cinisky
Ft Mitchell, KY
54, joined Aug. 2009

Quote from greengables:
Well, it would be better than dating a jew.

9/29/2009 11:37:36 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
greengables
Bushnell, FL
32, joined Jul. 2009

Lol That post was made just for Pam:>

9/29/2009 11:44:39 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

katrinasq
Over 2,000 Posts (3,593)
Mena, AR
47, joined Jul. 2008

OP, maybe so, never thought about that. I do know that since my dad passed in 1979, I have had much comfort feeling like I will see him again. If I'm wrong, so be it.

9/29/2009 11:47:59 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

dougiem
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,555)
Tucson, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2009
online now!

Yes, and not only because I am an atheist. It's been my experience that most atheists are very intelligent people who have far better morals and values than any religous person claims to have.

You can still be an amazing person yet not believe in God. And, by some off chance that there is a God, I'm sure he'd forgive somebody for not believing in him.

Not dating somebody because they're an atheist seems extremely archaic.

9/29/2009 11:56:51 PM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from dougiem:

Not dating somebody because they're an atheist seems extremely archaic.

Why is that any different then not dating someone becasue they are fat, or too short, or wrong hair color? It all comes back to what WE WANT and expect.

9/30/2009 12:01:01 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

dougiem
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,555)
Tucson, AZ
35, joined Aug. 2009
online now!

Quote from hsprin:
Why is that any different then not dating someone becasue they are fat, or too short, or wrong hair color? It all comes back to what WE WANT and expect.

I'll tell you why.

Obesity, height, and hair color are all tangible elements, whereas a belief isn't. Not dating somebody merely because they don't believe in an unproven God is absolutely archaic.

9/30/2009 12:15:38 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

hsprin
Savannah, MO
40, joined Jan. 2009

Well I wouldn't date somebody who believe in several different things, it is still preferrences.

There are people who don't believe in having children, if I wanted children I would date them. It not any different of all the others reasons why we choice not to date somebody.

9/30/2009 12:20:49 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
maryg2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,407)
Philadelphia, PA
46, joined Oct. 2008

great!

one thread is going haywire over RACE and now RELIGION!!

sorry, OP, no comment.....

MARY NAME Pictures, Images and Photos

9/30/2009 12:22:39 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

jasmi
Over 2,000 Posts (2,540)
Latrobe, PA
59, joined Jun. 2008

well, I would probably, yes. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

9/30/2009 12:22:46 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
__john__
Lansing, MI
46, joined Sep. 2009

Let me clarify something.

To somethingrare:

I didn't mean Christians get a free pass to heaven. I meant hsprin didn't give a pass to all Christian men to date. I was trying to understand, reiterate, what she was saying.

Now, on to the morality of the subject. I'm not here to get off subject by debating religion. But, I will defend my beliefs and values. I am the same as you. I just don't believe in god. The idea of there being an invisible man with superpowers sounds ludicrous. Let me ask you this. If a child tells you that he/she has an invisible friend doesn't it make you chuckle? If a child tells you there are monsters under his bed doesn't it make you laugh? Well, now you understand the mind of the atheist. There are no invisible friends or invisible monsters. Well, there's no proof. There very well could be zillions (yea, I typed zillions...lol) of invisible creatures. Is there proof that they exist and interfere with humans' lives? I haven't seen it. Now, how does not believing in invisible creatures affect my sense of right and wrong? It doesn't. I'm just like you ... just without all the superstition.

Quote from jasmi:
well, I would probably, yes. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

Or, lack thereof. Thanks.

Quote from maryg2:
great!

one thread is going haywire over RACE and now RELIGION!!

sorry, OP, no comment.....

MARY NAME Pictures, Images and Photos

Do you like it, butter butt?

[Edited 9/30/2009 12:47:40 AM ]

9/30/2009 12:23:50 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

judit0606
Over 2,000 Posts (3,926)
Appalachia, VA
59, joined Mar. 2008

9/30/2009 12:36:25 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

lord_anubis
Over 2,000 Posts (2,284)
Howell, NJ
46, joined Aug. 2008

Sure, why not?
Ever consider that if in fact there is no "GOD", you would have perhaps lost out on meeting someone compatible?
On accounts of what?
Religion?
Nah...Religion in this case would only be another self imposed restriction, it's hard enough to find someone that shares most interests as it is.
And IF there is such thing as "God"...I am pretty sure HE/SHE won't be upset that one lonely soul was lost...

9/30/2009 1:19:57 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
3dchocolate
Jonesboro, AR
50, joined Jun. 2009

For you all that don't believe there is a GOD who created us humans and this worlds.

9/30/2009 1:25:09 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
kerdol
Dearborn, MI
44, joined Apr. 2009

no...........a family that prays together stays together, thats what I believe, not for anyone, works for me....

[Edited 9/30/2009 1:27:58 AM ]

9/30/2009 1:30:43 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
ladyvirtue1955
Over 2,000 Posts (2,503)
Redding, CA
95, joined Aug. 2009

Quote from __john__:
Ladies, would you date an atheist?

Men, would you date an atheist?

Why or why not?

Never!..I am a strong believer in god and go to church and church related activities regularly..

9/30/2009 1:44:25 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
greengables
Bushnell, FL
32, joined Jul. 2009

"Never!..I am a strong believer in god and go to church and church related activities regularly"

But you also have premartial sex.

9/30/2009 2:39:16 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
ava_adore
Over 1,000 Posts (1,501)
Deer Park, CA
36, joined May. 2009

Being an atheist, I would most definetly date one. I would also date anyone who liked to have intelligent, friendly debate on belief systems and could see the good in my lack of them, and let me see the good in their beliefs.

9/30/2009 3:13:27 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
mr_business
Dalton, GA
37, joined Jul. 2009

I would definitely date an atheist , I don't have superstitions anymore , And would like a potential mate to have none as well ! I bet you ppl that believe in GOD still put out milk and cookies for santa every year !!!!!!!! hehehehe

9/30/2009 3:46:20 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
rondag
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,331)
Williamsburg, OH
52, joined Mar. 2009

No...I would be afraid it would be an issue sooner or later.

9/30/2009 4:15:03 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
danerann
Las Cruces, NM
45, joined Dec. 2008

If not an Atheist, at least someone wholeheartedly disillusioned with organized religion in general. It's not the god part I have a problem with as much as it is all the other crappola that goes along with religion.

9/30/2009 5:07:53 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

bbw47reader
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,074)
Frederick, MD
54, joined Jun. 2009

I doubt it. I've never heard of or read about any that would be tolerant of my beliefs.

9/30/2009 5:38:04 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
theantipop
Over 1,000 Posts (1,353)
East Wenatchee, WA
29, joined Aug. 2009

i'm an agnostic, but leaning closer to the side of being an atheist than believing in god. everyone looks at the belief and not the person. just because i find it difficult to believe in god doesn't mean i'm gonna take the atheist's side over someone who believes. it's not what you believe, it's what kind of reasoning got you there. i think it's sad that people think you need to believe in god to have morals, this species should be above this. plus there are a lot of people who go to church just so that they can say, "hey, i go to church. i'm a good person". there are plenty of good people that happen to be atheists, and there are plenty of murderers and rapists that just so happen to believe in god. get off your high horses and use judge of character, rather than what they happen to believe in. i'd be willing to date a christian and support their beliefs and their right to believe it, if they did the same to me. i actually find the possibility of a relationship working despite personal beliefs a symbolically beautiful thing. and if there is a god, i'd think he would too.

9/30/2009 5:50:21 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
ladybugbp
Over 1,000 Posts (1,152)
Pittsburgh, PA
57, joined May. 2009

Quote from danerann:
[quoteIt's not the god part I have a problem with as much as it is all the other crappola that goes along with religion.
9/30/2009 6:30:22 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
danerann
Las Cruces, NM
45, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from ladybugbp:

Personally, I have less crappola in my life because of the "relationship."

I think that's super! I'm all for whatever works for you.

9/30/2009 6:35:28 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

pike45
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,236)
Omaha, NE
63, joined Feb. 2009

She has to believe in God. Because, I dont know, if I will make it to heaven, or not, so I am banking, all my chances on a buddy plan.

9/30/2009 6:35:53 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

sherri_
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,482)
Erlanger, KY
55, joined Aug. 2009

Quote from greengables:
Lol That post was made just for Pam:>

Do you suffer from Asperger's? You should let folks know if you do, that way you could get some small measure of a pass on some of what you say here. If you intended that comment in jest then you should've taken pains to ensure it would be interpreted that way by adding a smiley or something; Pamela is not the only Jewish person reading/posting in this forum.

For future reference because I think you may be unaware, bigoted remarks on someone's race or ethnicity reflect more on you than the target of your slur, it denotes smallness of mind and ignorance.

9/30/2009 6:46:09 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
notalwaysabrat
Hartselle, AL
58, joined Jul. 2009

I can not honestly answer this question. It would depend on alot of factors. I am definitely NOT atheist. I do believe in God and am very thankful for all the blessings he has bestowed on me.
When I met my very best friend of nearly 30 years she was atheist. She remained so for many years. She never pushed her beliefs on me...nor me push mine on her. We respected each others space on that. By the way...though she still doesn't believe in God she does believe there is some supreme being out there.

9/30/2009 9:39:46 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
__john__
Lansing, MI
46, joined Sep. 2009

Well, thank you for all your replies.

9/30/2009 9:45:47 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
iamalwaysjustme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,074)
Kansas City, MO
56, joined Apr. 2009

No I would not date an atheist, it would be hard for me to date someone that did not believe in GOD.

9/30/2009 9:58:51 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
milas83
Over 2,000 Posts (3,080)
Philadelphia, PA
33, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from cinthianna01:
Yes,...

Why? They tend to be more of a realist when dealing with realistic issues...

I cannot force my beliefs on another person. And like you said, Cinthia, atheist have more realistic, rather than wishful / hopeful / belief thinking, when going head on with realistic issues.

[Edited 9/30/2009 10:07:18 AM ]

9/30/2009 10:04:18 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
msbevzie
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,798)
Oregon, OH
52, joined Aug. 2008

YES...

Although I have a religion I was born in Catholic I don't follow that IF I happen to walk through the doorway of ANY given church it's non denominational...

I'd rather I'm spiritual...I have a higher power and whatever that might be is my business...

Religion or the lack of doesn't matter to me...I could care less!

I rather date someone whom doesn't believe than date some hypocrit...

9/30/2009 10:28:14 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  

noswal09
Over 2,000 Posts (2,585)
Upper Darby, PA
26, joined Mar. 2009

yeah i date an atheist. i cant make her believe in jesus.

9/30/2009 10:51:06 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
lindylouwho
Newtown Square, PA
56, joined Sep. 2009

Hello, I'm new, so I hope you don't mind me joining in on the convo.

I'm an observant Catholic and did date an atheist. Truth to tell, it depends entirely on what type of atheist you're talking about.

The guy I was dating was very thoughtful about his beliefs and could talk about them with intelligence and with respect for what I believed.

Therefore, we had no issues about our theological differences and had many intense discussions about the universe and all that's in it.

On the other hand, there are atheists who present themselves more as people who don't like religion and think all religious beliefs should be abolished. Ask them why they believe what they do about God, the universe, science, etc., and what you get is a diatribe about how awful religion is and how oppressed they feel by all the religious sentiment expressed in public places. What you don't get is any clear answer on where they found the evidence or support for their point of view.

To me, if you can't talk about what you believe without comparing it to something else, then you're probably not clear on what you believe. You only know what you don't like.

9/30/2009 11:12:40 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
sleepwalking
Middleburg, FL
53, joined Aug. 2008

I would be more inclined to date an atheist than a bible thumping, holier than thou, judgemental, hell and brimstone Christian.

These type of so-called Christians haven't an inkling of what true Christiananity is all about.

There are some who proclaim to be Christian, that are the most judgemental, unforgiving and condescending people that walk this planet.

9/30/2009 11:15:31 AM Would you ever date someone who is atheist? Why or why not?  
xpamela_leighx
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,958)
Springville, UT
42, joined Jul. 2009

Quote from sherri_:
Do you suffer from Asperger's? You should let folks know if you do, that way you could get some small measure of a pass on some of what you say here. If you intended that comment in jest then you should've taken pains to ensure it would be interpreted that way by adding a smiley or something; Pamela is not the only Jewish person reading/posting in this forum.

For future reference because I think you may be unaware, bigoted remarks on someone's race or ethnicity reflect more on you than the target of your slur, it denotes smallness of mind and ignorance.

OOPS! Totally missed his remark made at me.....thankx for fielding that one for me sherri!