Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonal not working

The course of action feels significantly less frenzied than apps like Tinder, as the females get to pick the choose handful of who they want to pursue. desert hot springs dating Second dates exist as options for undesirable first dates. Thirdly, that interest in a second date is mutual, and you do not even have to touch every single other to know that the attraction is genuine and goes beyond what you each see on the surface. ksi omegle Your search for a good partnership has in no way been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.

mega personal app

You can send a message calls them and they will get it instantly. senior singles sacramento Anybody applied a dating app and discovered accomplishment in enjoy? I am seeking to try but a tiny skeptical to scammers. The platform is accessed via the internet site or a mobile application where standard memberships are free of charge of charge. adult search omaha Most of us dream of meeting a stranger on the online, falling in appreciate, and riding off into the sunset with our forever .

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/19/2010 3:23:47 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

ozark_druid
Rolla, MO
63, joined Oct. 2009

Would love to meet some good liberals in my area. I'm dying of loneliness in this right wing republican swamp.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/19/2010 9:02:17 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
slapstick_37
Minneapolis, MN
62, joined Nov. 2009

You are just too funny. I feel the same way here. I may not know everything there is to know about politics, but I know what's right, and Republican's thought processes are not right.

1/20/2010 12:27:10 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
shoohornoplenty
Over 1,000 Posts (1,241)
Houston, TX
32, joined Oct. 2009

Don't look in the Current Events & Politics section on the main forum page; that place is loaded with pissed off conservatives on steroids!

1/21/2010 12:02:50 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

winxi
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,386)
Saint Louis, MO
57, joined Oct. 2009

You are so right, Shoohornoplenty.

1/21/2010 9:15:19 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

kire42
Champaign, IL
40, joined Oct. 2009

Yeah, I kinda noticed that

1/21/2010 10:44:10 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

We have a few liberals on this board, but mostly democrats who identify themselves more with the Democratic Party than they do with actual progressive policy and having those policies implemented. The problem with that is it focuses more on keeping the Democratic Party in power than it does in passing legislation that gives middle America a reason to reelect Democrats.

1/21/2010 7:26:46 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Hey, kids! Idle, I wish you'd ease up some. I can't figure out if you're really a liberal or a democrat, or if you're really a republican posing in this group to stir others up. If I'm wrong about you, I apologize. Yeah, I'm truly pissed off about how Martha Coakley handed a Senate seat over to the republicans on a silver platter. Really screws up a lot for us Democrats.

1/22/2010 12:46:33 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from coolchick:
Hey, kids! Idle, I wish you'd ease up some. I can't figure out if you're really a liberal or a democrat, or if you're really a republican posing in this group to stir others up. If I'm wrong about you, I apologize. Yeah, I'm truly pissed off about how Martha Coakley handed a Senate seat over to the republicans on a silver platter. Really screws up a lot for us Democrats.

Hmmmm. so when a progressive calls out a Democratic president for non performance he is not loyal, a good Democrat, god forbid - a Republican. I'd like to think of it as being an engaged voter, a Patriot. Remember my dear CoolChick, people normally get the government they deserve. Not calling a spade (no pun intended) a spade does not lend itself to good government - even if that spade campaigned on issues you agree with.

PS - I'm neither a Democrat, Republican or Independent. I'm a staunch progressive. Just because the Democrats are obviously more progressive doesn't mean that I have to support and defend a Democratic president that is performing poorly and/or acting like a Republican. As I alluded to above, I prefer to think of it as being patriotic and not a blind rubber stamp for a particular political party that has strayed from its progressive views as professed in its party's political platform. Whether that straying is due to intended purpose, political incompetence or political opposition.

1/22/2010 5:21:26 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
boo2y
Dunlap, TN
67, joined Jul. 2009

Quote from idlehour:
Hmmmm. so when a progressive calls out a Democratic president for non performance he is not loyal, a good Democrat, god forbid - a Republican. I'd like to think of it as being an engaged voter, a Patriot. Remember my dear CoolChick, people normally get the government they deserve. Not calling a spade (no pun intended) a spade does not lend itself to good government - even if that spade campaigned on issues you agree with.

PS - I'm neither a Democrat, Republican or Independent. I'm a staunch progressive. Just because the Democrats are obviously more progressive doesn't mean that I have to support and defend a Democratic president that is performing poorly and/or acting like a Republican. As I alluded to above, I prefer to think of it as being patriotic and not a blind rubber stamp for a particular political party that has strayed from its progressive views as professed in its party's political platform. Whether that straying is due to intended purpose, political incompetence or political opposition.

Idle, I agree, if we can't question our own we're in big trouble. I have been very disappointed in this administration lately. I am also ticked that they democrats were so surprised by the Brown win. Why did they not know the mood of the country? Why are Democrats acting like scared rabbits? And why we democrats always seem to back down.

Idle, I have no idea what a progressive is, could you explain that? It seems conservative hate them and I don't know what they are much less why they hate them, of course they hate liberals period, so ...There are so many labels in politics I can't keep up with them.

1/22/2010 11:43:37 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Actually Boo, there are so many definitions of conservatives, liberals, independents, etc. that its meaningless to give a standard answer. But my definition of a progressive is a pragmatic FDR, which he was.

1/24/2010 2:09:34 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Dear Idle & Boo: As the title of this group makes clear, this is intended to be a forum for Democrats and Liberals. If you are neither, and you come into this group and post comments with the intent to piss off us Democrats and Liberals, then you are a shit-stirrer. There is another group/forum for Independents. You could go over there and post with those who are closer to your thinking. Or, you could go over to the Current Events forum. Or, you could start your own "Progressives" group/forum.

From time to time, the shit-stirrers come into our Democrats/Liberals group. They are easy to spot, and I will not hesitate to call them out. I will not sit idly by and say nothing as people come into this group and attack our Democratic President. He has done nothing to deserve these kind of vicious attacks.

1/26/2010 9:38:19 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from coolchick:
Dear Idle & Boo: As the title of this group makes clear, this is intended to be a forum for Democrats and Liberals. If you are neither, and you come into this group and post comments with the intent to piss off us Democrats and Liberals, then you are a shit-stirrer. There is another group/forum for Independents. You could go over there and post with those who are closer to your thinking. Or, you could go over to the Current Events forum. Or, you could start your own "Progressives" group/forum.

From time to time, the shit-stirrers come into our Democrats/Liberals group. They are easy to spot, and I will not hesitate to call them out. I will not sit idly by and say nothing as people come into this group and attack our Democratic President. He has done nothing to deserve these kind of vicious attacks.

Lady, you are getting to be really annoying and obnoxious. I don't know where you get off accusing people of not being liberals just because we don't agree with you or the way Obama is performing. I got news for you lady, theres a lot of true liberals that are starting to dislike Obama, and its not because we aren't liberals, its because he's falling flat on his face. I think you should be the one that takes the hike over to the conservative forums. You obviously aren't bright enough to be able to handle honest disagreement so you would fit in just fine over there.

1/31/2010 1:32:05 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Quote from idlehour:
Lady, you are getting to be really annoying and obnoxious. I don't know where you get off accusing people of not being liberals just because we don't agree with you or the way Obama is performing. I got news for you lady, theres a lot of true liberals that are starting to dislike Obama, and its not because we aren't liberals, its because he's falling flat on his face. I think you should be the one that takes the hike over to the conservative forums. You obviously aren't bright enough to be able to handle honest disagreement so you would fit in just fine over there.

Idlehour, you have referred to yourself as a "stuanch progressive". I would say, from your postings, that you are a radical progressive. By your own admission, you are not a liberal, and you are not a supporter of the Democratic Party. You have accused our Democratic President as being "The weakest President in the history of the United States". I stand by my statement that those who are not liberals or Democrats, and who enter the Liberals/Democrats group with the intent of slamming us and attacking our Democratic President - those people are out to stir up 'chit, plain and simple. You accuse me of being stupid, which shows you have sunk to the level what is common over in the Current Events Forum. I've not accused you of being stupid. Your friends over in the Current Events/Politics Forum are like you - they stoop to accusing others of being ignorant when they don't agree with them. You, sir, are the one who has shown his true colors.

2/10/2010 9:56:37 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
shawnnnn
Toledo, OH
36, joined Sep. 2009

Here is a liberal from northwest ohio and I would consider myself a die hard liberal.

and this is how I feel when I have conversations with republicans

2/11/2010 7:28:22 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

shawn. How's the weather in Ohio? I know how you feel about trying to have a discussion with a Republican. But, don't stop trying. Unless you're talking to a total wingnut, you should be able to find some common ground somewhere. We have to keep the lines of communication open with those who have a bit of a rational mind. Politics is all about compromise. Those who lose sight of that fact are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. We also need to turn the tide of independents going to the other side. Our hearts can beat liberal, but we've got to appeal to moderates, as well. If we get into elitism, we will become the minority party.

2/13/2010 1:07:17 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

If voting democratic for the last 30 years doesn't make me liberal...aka progressive, I don't know what does! I stand by my comment that this is the weakest president in the history of the United States, and that includes Buchanan who sat on his hands while the country was coming apart prior to the Civil War.

My biggest complain with Obama is he gives a great speech, but when it comes time to take off the gloves and fight for what is in the Democratic Platform, he turns into a babe in the woods - a floundering, flopping fish. I'm sorry coolchick that you are so accepting of Obama's weakness, and first in line to make excuses for why he can't pass any meaningful legislation, but I've tried to explain the reconciliation process to you and others on this forum, without success. If you did understand reconciliation in the Senate, you wouldn't be so accepting of Obama's performance.

The president will be challenged in the Democratic Primaries in 2012...and I for one will be working to show this president to the back door.

2/18/2010 8:59:53 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

I'm a liberal in a liberal state, but in a county which is painfully conservative and backwards. Thankfully we do have some Democrats and Greens here, just not in charge of anything.

2/21/2010 4:44:29 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
63, joined Aug. 2007

Hi CoolChick! Who loves ya baby?

Mr. Idlehour, please be mannerly when talking to my girlfriends. I have listened to Lawrence O'Donnel on MSNBC who has extensive experience in the legislative process of the House and Senate from working in the Clinton administration trying to achieve healthcare reform in 1994. According to him, the reconciliation process is easily blocked by a 41 vote minority and all of this talk about using reconciliation to pass a public option is impossible. He knows more about it than I do and I think more than you do as well. I know that the Republican congress used reconciliation many times to pass bills. But that may be because the Democrats were not united in opposition.

When you have reflected on this information, you may wish to re-think your estimation of President Obama. Obama is trying to find common ground on healthcare reform with the Republicans because he has NO CHOICE. Budget reconciliation, according to the experts, will not work. (Alas.)

Even in the days of FDR, Will Rogers famously said that he wasn't a member of any organized political party, he was a Democrat. So lets remember that and not become the circular firing squad that the Republicans would like us to be.

2/21/2010 9:27:34 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

kire42
Champaign, IL
40, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from danguitarman:
Hi CoolChick! Who loves ya baby?

Mr. Idlehour, please be mannerly when talking to my girlfriends. I have listened to Lawrence O'Donnel on MSNBC who has extensive experience in the legislative process of the House and Senate from working in the Clinton administration trying to achieve healthcare reform in 1994. According to him, the reconciliation process is easily blocked by a 41 vote minority and all of this talk about using reconciliation to pass a public option is impossible. He knows more about it than I do and I think more than you do as well. I know that the Republican congress used reconciliation many times to pass bills. But that may be because the Democrats were not united in opposition.

When you have reflected on this information, you may wish to re-think your estimation of President Obama. Obama is trying to find common ground on healthcare reform with the Republicans because he has NO CHOICE. Budget reconciliation, according to the experts, will not work. (Alas.)

Even in the days of FDR, Will Rogers famously said that he wasn't a member of any organized political party, he was a Democrat. So lets remember that and not become the circular firing squad that the Republicans would like us to be.

That can't be right Dan. I'm pretty sure reconciliation only requires a simple majority, so 51 votes would be enough. Now certain things cannot be passed via reconciliation since they need to lower the budget. I hope this is the case. I think the president would rather a bipartison bill, but that's just not going to happen. Right now the democratic senators are talking about passing a public option through reconciliation. I'm not giving up on our president just yet.

2/21/2010 5:42:48 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
63, joined Aug. 2007

Yes Kire, I believe that 21 senators have signed up for supporting the public option through budget reconciliation and one of them is Harry Reid (believe it or not). But, according to O'Donnell, it only takes 41 votes to prevent the budget reconciliation from ever coming to a vote. I was floored to hear this. It flies in the face of what I had heard previously. But this guy, Lawrence O'Donnel, who is a regular on MSNBC, worked in the Clinton administration on healthcare reform and ran into the exact same scenario with Congress in 1994 with Democratic majorities in both houses.

I'm with you, man. I don't want it to end in failure. It seems like there must be a way for 59 to overcome 41. I say, let them filibuster and make it 24 hours a day for as long as it takes, with no breaks, until they give it up. The Republicans have shown more tenacity and resolve than the Democrats. If the Democrats are more tenacious and resolved than the Republicans than maybe we'll get somewhere. If not, a lot of Democrats are going to lose in November, just like in 1994.

2/21/2010 8:53:41 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

alyeska78
Minneapolis, MN
39, joined Feb. 2010

I will keep that in mind!

2/26/2010 11:43:25 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from danguitarman:
Yes Kire, I believe that 21 senators have signed up for supporting the public option through budget reconciliation and one of them is Harry Reid (believe it or not). But, according to O'Donnell, it only takes 41 votes to prevent the budget reconciliation from ever coming to a vote. I was floored to hear this. It flies in the face of what I had heard previously. But this guy, Lawrence O'Donnel, who is a regular on MSNBC, worked in the Clinton administration on healthcare reform and ran into the exact same scenario with Congress in 1994 with Democratic majorities in both houses.

I'm with you, man. I don't want it to end in failure. It seems like there must be a way for 59 to overcome 41. I say, let them filibuster and make it 24 hours a day for as long as it takes, with no breaks, until they give it up. The Republicans have shown more tenacity and resolve than the Democrats. If the Democrats are more tenacious and resolved than the Republicans than maybe we'll get somewhere. If not, a lot of Democrats are going to lose in November, just like in 1994.

There are things that cannot be passed thru reconciliation, but there are things in the health care bill that can be passed thru that process.

If 41 votes can stop reconciliation, how did the republicans pass two tax cuts with a 51-50 reconciliation vote....with the vp passing the deciding vote?

3/1/2010 2:04:13 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
63, joined Aug. 2007

Now everything I'm hearing on TV indicates that the Democrats will do it with budget reconciliation, and I'm glad! I was saying that ACCORDING TO LAWRENCE O'DONNEL ON MSNBC (their legislative "expert") IT CAN'T BE DONE! I thought that he knew what he was talking about and maybe he didn't. The answer to your question though, is that they did have some help from the Democrats. Someone on Bill Mahr's show said that Diane Feinstein voted for the Bush tax cuts.
The rules by which "budget reconciliation" operates may not be reviewable by the Supreme Court in so far as they are strictly procedural rules for the Senate. The Constitution only requires a quorum, which is a majority, to pass legislation. Anything else is procedural and not a Constitutional issue. This is important because it is up to the U.S. Senate, and nobody else, to decide which bills qualify for "budget reconciliation".

3/10/2010 7:27:17 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

The important thing now is to pass the bill in the House that was passed in the Senate. Once that is done, reconciliation and upgrades will be easier to pass in years to come with respect to health care. As deficient as it is, imo it will be a monumental bill....and not one republican will have voted for it!

If this doesn't prove republicans are against reform of any type, nothing does.

3/14/2010 10:43:03 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Dan! Thanks for coming to my defense, sweetheart. You're right that we Democrats don't need to start turning on each other.

Idlehour, I have to agree with you that we need to get this bill passed...and it sure will be monumental along the lines of the passing of Social Security and Medicare. I believe that the Republicans will come to regret not having any part in passing this historic legislation. It won't be everything we wanted, but it will be a start in putting the brakes on the massive greed of the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

What do we want? Health Care Reform! When do we want it? Now!

5/7/2010 7:16:07 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
scuse
Beavertown, PA
70, joined May. 2010

all liberals are good...sorry your surrounded by the GOP, and the ever intelligent Sara...some people see me more as an independent, cuz i do have some conservative values...but i am a card carrying, flag waving, registered democrat...pat

5/7/2010 7:20:49 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
scuse
Beavertown, PA
70, joined May. 2010

amen slapstick...you hit the nail right on the proverbial head

6/9/2010 2:16:10 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

aacf105
Brampton, ON
41, joined May. 2010

I'm an arch-liberal. I'm a Social Democrat and card-carrying member of the Canadian New Democratic Party (NDP). We're out here, we just don't scream, yell, whine and nag as much as those who believe money is more valuable than life.

ROCK ON BROTHER!

8/18/2010 11:04:51 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

scarletbay
Sterling Heights, MI
74, joined Jul. 2010

You're right: we progressives must become more progressive. Though my retirement income is accounted for due to my household bills, I still contribute $5 checks throughout the years to groups like, Moveon.org, DCCC, Media Matters, Alan Grayson for congress, Barack Obama's White House group, etc. I've also attended a meeting with progressives in my community, and we take action. It would help greatly if more of you would please join a progressive group and try to become heard in your own neighborhood.

8/20/2010 12:23:36 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from scarletbay:
You're right: we progressives must become more progressive. Though my retirement income is accounted for due to my household bills, I still contribute $5 checks throughout the years to groups like, Moveon.org, DCCC, Media Matters, Alan Grayson for congress, Barack Obama's White House group, etc. I've also attended a meeting with progressives in my community, and we take action. It would help greatly if more of you would please join a progressive group and try to become heard in your own neighborhood.

I agree....but in the deep south where I live, there is still a sizable number of people who would vote to re-institute slavery, lol. But you are right, we need to be more vocal, demanding and willing to fight for the right solutions to our problems instead of sit idly by while the nut case tea baggers campaign for the wrong solutions.

8/27/2010 8:01:49 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
mgdbottled
Over 2,000 Posts (2,188)
Suttons Bay, MI
68, joined Jan. 2010

You all should come on over the CE&P forums and help me mess with the minds of the troglodytes over there. And, you can even cuss and swear without consequence. It's fun!

9/20/2010 12:11:29 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
brandoxx
Phoenix, AZ
27, joined Sep. 2010

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the site as well as Arizona, although am glad (and surprised!) to find other liberals in the Arizona area!!! These people are not only completely right wing, they manage to defend BUSH in arguments. In 8 years he ruined the economy, removed our civil liberties via Patriot Act, and even destroyed our education system with the no child left behind act, making low-income schools receive less funding due to lower over-all test scores, as well as making it harder for teachers to get their raises...

Anyhow, sorry about ranting there, just wanted to say hi, and thank you for making me feel less lonely out here!

10/14/2010 6:25:55 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
larainsf
Mesa, AZ
62, joined Feb. 2010

I'm a socialist..does that count? For the amount of taxes we pay(working/middle class) we shouldn't be quibbling over healthcare in this country...I say Tax the rich for the privilage of living in this country. The republicans want us uneducated and unhealthy so they can control us. If u mange to save money u will lose it all to healthcare in the end. Rich and republicans aren't happy until every last $1 is sucked out of the working and once middle class. mad in America...

11/1/2010 1:22:28 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
boojt
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,893)
Dunlap, TN
67, joined Jul. 2010

shoohornoplenty: Don't look in the Current Events & Politics section on the main forum page; that place is loaded with pissed off conservatives on steroids!

Boy you got that right. It's like running a gauntlet if you are a dreaded liberal.. .

11/2/2010 9:51:06 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
michtroll
Alpena, MI
61, joined Jan. 2010

Well would you just look at that! Come to a dating site and instead find a fairly large group of people feeling the same way I do. Probably better news than most of the dates I've had here in Neonazi NE MI! lol I agree with much of what has already been said here so I won't go into that now.
Instead I'd like to address one of the underlying causes (I feel) for such viciousness on the part of the conservative / Republican constituents. For years the more progressive party policies have been concerned about making things better for the majority of the population. Republicans have catered to single interest groups. Big business, medium sized business (called small to confuse the issue), Right to Life, numerous pork barrel projects to help show "how much" they care for areas, war to show how "we" will be second to none, armaments - same reason.
When you total it up it's a large group of single interest voters who care about only one thing, WHAT THEY WANT, not what is good for the country or even what is good for most of the population. Business doesn't want to pay higher wages, they want to automate where possible, not much trickle down there, but people with small businesses only see a looming burden for health care (which wouldn't affect their business anyway) so they identify with the Republicans, and forcefully as they don't want to lose their businesses. Right to Life? Not to many Pro choice Republicans are there. The history of the world is written in the blood of atrocities in the name of religion. Nothing like "moral outrage" to ruffle some feathers. Pork barrel projects give a false reputation of being beneficial to a state, even if it's Alaska's road to nowhere. That gets some supporters who are still employed, and otheers who hope to be employed. Who cares that it's pointless? It pays. War - implied patriotism. My country right or wrong, and it's amazing how many truely don't care which side of that line we're on. Armaments and ammunition? A growth area in what is otherwise a very slow industrial base.
This is a lot of special interest that concentrates on single issue voters. HOW can we overcome this? In every lifeboat theres at least one greedy pig that tries to take more than their share. We're facing multitudes of them.

11/2/2010 12:52:21 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

winxi
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,386)
Saint Louis, MO
57, joined Oct. 2009

Vote, today.

11/7/2010 3:00:28 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
catgoddess10
Billings, MT
60, joined May. 2010

Oh Honey; You should come to Montana, home of the Freemen, Montana Creator Assembly and at least 11 other hate groups..... I can truly feel your pain! I love the state, but if you are the least bit different ideologically or not straight, Rebublican and white, it's not a great place to be. We just have to find each other......

12/22/2010 3:29:24 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
krinks83
La Crosse, WI
52, joined Dec. 2010

I am liberal democrat to sum it up. I think there are quite a lot of liberals out there that are democratic.

12/25/2010 11:18:28 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

wisebill
Marysville, OH
37, joined Dec. 2010

I assign myself the label as Leftist, which is a bit different than a liberal. we have some common ground though;

12/27/2010 4:27:01 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
yetigal
Provo, UT
61, joined Nov. 2010

If you think you are lonely try being a Liberal UTAH Democrat!!

1/1/2011 3:03:56 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from yetigal:
If you think you are lonely try being a Liberal UTAH Democrat!!

Haha, scary thought for sure...

1/5/2011 11:19:04 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

luvlegolas19761
Over 1,000 Posts (1,056)
Saint Augustine, FL
30, joined Mar. 2009

cool!, i didnt know there was a liberal forum in here!

love it

5/8/2011 5:18:55 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
blueeyedjohn
Mooreland, OK
30, joined Sep. 2010

hello my fellow liberals, i live in a small northwest oklahoma town full of republicans, what u would call hell on earth lol. I had an Obama Biden sticker on my car and someone ripped it off. u cant even tell ppl u are liberal or that u like obama here, they are nut jobs from the right wing

6/4/2011 11:49:43 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
michaelajean91
Columbus, OH
27, joined May. 2011

I'm like the only liberal from my hometown (Not Louisville). Then again, I enjoyed a good political death match with an acquaintance occasionally. =)

6/5/2011 1:07:25 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
42, joined May. 2011

Yes their are millions of good liberals out here! I would sooner disown a family member than vote republican. However I think some self critiqueing is in order for the administration. Obama is far to the right of what I would prefer. I just hope his second term he can move to left significantly. If he moves to the center anymore than present, I would feel like I'm in a 3rd bush term. We have to get out of this 3front war, this is not something any progressive should be pleased with. Also as a buiding trades union guy, I gotta ask...why hasn't the stimulus money been targeted more wisely? I like Obama, but I prospered under Clinton. So I hope we get changes in the second term because I want more dems and liberals elected for a generation not just one term. This is why we have to demand the utmost out of this President. Not because we think he's a swell guy,which he is, but because the future demands it.

6/9/2011 6:14:08 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
sdking
Spartanburg, SC
54, joined Jun. 2011

Hey I live in the land of Jim Demintt. Lindesy Graham and Nikki Haley, where the democratic party fielded a man of highly questionable sentience to run for US Senate, and many state legislature seats are filled with unopposed GOP candidates. Yeah, that state.

I don't like arguing schematics with it comes to ideas about politics, but it would be nice to have a conversation with someone about the topic without being made to feel like an unpatriotic heretic who is going to hell because Jesus wrote the constitution.

6/10/2011 6:51:52 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
63, joined Aug. 2007

Chris, I agree with you completely. The stimulus package was a dismal failure. The amount of money that went to infrastructure was miniscule compared with the money that went to tax cuts. Tax cuts, which were two thirds of the package, do not create jobs; except in the fantasies of republican economists who will justify tax cuts in any way possible. It is a proven historical fact that the economy has grown every time that taxes have been raised! That is because corporations are forced to seek refuge from higher taxes by investing in their businesses. I wish that the whole 700 or 800 billion, or much more, had been "NEW MONEY" which went direclty into infrastructure. Half of that could have gone into high speed rail, NOW! We only got out of the Great Depression because of massive deficit spending in World War II. We went from 30 per cent unemployment to the worst labor shortage in U.S. history almost overnight. This was done entirely by deficit spending. And what did all that deficit spending lead to? It lead to making us the greatest economic and military power the world has ever known.

6/11/2011 8:02:38 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
chrisbrz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,780)
Wilmette, IL
42, joined May. 2011

I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of whiny billionares have takin there balls and sat on the sideline or are playing there games outside the border in a selfish wait till after the election strategy. I bet we will see a boom in 2013 as they will have no choice to come back to the sandbox at that point. This is the antithesis of patriotism and its the playbook for the neocons. They would rather the economy suffer than let obama look good. Same people that want the security and benefits of our military for there strategic global advantage, yet feel no obligation or responsibility to share in the sacrifice of actually paying for any of the military. Welfare to them is socialism unless its corporate welfare then its labeled as essential strategic security and investment. Of course asking them to pay for any of their own welfare is immediately attacked in all the media which they themselves own. HYPOCRACY knows no bounds with the greed class. We need a second term to stop their agenda and put the country first. Because they obviously have no intention in doing so unless forced.

8/12/2011 8:37:32 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

pamela0324
Pasadena, MD
63, joined Nov. 2007

Wow, its been a looong time since I entered these doors. Seems like the shit is still flying and the idiots are alive and well over in Current Events. What an ugly bunch they are...and always have been!

I am a true Democrat and probably more liberal than centrist. I consider myself a pragmatist. I like politics (well most of the time anyway) and I understand how laws and policies are made...by compromise...or at least they used to be made that way. Now compromise is a dirty word.

Anyway, thought I'd stop by and say hello to my fellow Democrats.

Hey coolchick! Nice to see you again!

Pam

9/4/2011 12:45:54 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
tercium
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,255)
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

I'm a former conservative turned full on economic socialist, the democrats are too conservative these days ehat happened to McGovern, LBJ, or good old FDR?

9/13/2011 7:37:36 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
luvie08
Grandview, MO
61, joined Nov. 2009

I'm a good liberal. My searches turn up alot of conservatives. I see no reason to have constant debates. I want to have positive energy around me. I would like to enjoy life!

9/15/2011 10:17:47 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
tercium
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

I don't think main street progressive Republicans are out there any longer
I think most people in general are beginning to become more liberal, than in the last 30+ years in which NeoConservative philosophy dominated both parties
We have a few Liberal people in the Senate, but The House and Supreme Court are very far to the Right
And Obama has been too much in the center

9/17/2011 11:32:05 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
roebuckdaddy
Spartanburg, SC
51, joined Sep. 2011

1st time to this thread so I thought I'd respond to some of the other posts here...

Quote from chrisbrz:
Yes their are millions of good liberals out here! I would sooner disown a family member than vote republican. However I think some self critiqueing is in order for the administration. Obama is far to the right of what I would prefer. I just hope his second term he can move to left significantly. If he moves to the center anymore than present, I would feel like I'm in a 3rd bush term. We have to get out of this 3front war, this is not something any progressive should be pleased with. Also as a buiding trades union guy, I gotta ask...why hasn't the stimulus money been targeted more wisely? I like Obama, but I prospered under Clinton. So I hope we get changes in the second term because I want more dems and liberals elected for a generation not just one term. This is why we have to demand the utmost out of this President. Not because we think he's a swell guy,which he is, but because the future demands it.

Here in the Bible Belt, SC to be exact, we Dems are few are far between but we never lose hope that the blind sheep following the GOP will wake up. We have a joke here that here, the BUCKLE of the Bible Belt that if Jesus and Satan ran for Governor and Jesus was the Democrat while Satan was the Republican, the Christian-right controlled voters would give Jesus a resounding defeat and somehow justify, w/BS spin WHY.

LOL I do agree the President Obama's administration has not been as I would like for it to have been. I definitely LOVED President Clinton and actually originally supported THEN Senator Clinton for her bid before joining the Obama camp after the primaries. I don't know what it will take to get people who DID vote for President Obama but ALSO voted for their favorite politician (in some cases a Repuke-lican) to wake up and be a bit more rational in how they cast their votes.

9/17/2011 11:32:42 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
roebuckdaddy
Spartanburg, SC
51, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from sdking:
Hey I live in the land of Jim Demintt. Lindesy Graham and Nikki Haley, where the democratic party fielded a man of highly questionable sentience to run for US Senate, and many state legislature seats are filled with unopposed GOP candidates. Yeah, that state.

I don't like arguing schematics with it comes to ideas about politics, but it would be nice to have a conversation with someone about the topic without being made to feel like an unpatriotic heretic who is going to hell because Jesus wrote the constitution.

SDKING and I are just 2 of 7 Dems in the entire state... Just kidding! Yeah, I'm SO OVER being told I'm NOT PATRIOTIC (actually I served in the Navy, support our troops even when I don't support the policies that have them engaged in war)...or told I'm HELL BOUND for my LIBERAL TENDENCIES---that said as if LIBERAL were a horrible PLAGUE... Keep the faith SD...

Quote from danguitarman:
Chris, I agree with you completely. The stimulus package was a dismal failure. The amount of money that went to infrastructure was miniscule compared with the money that went to tax cuts. Tax cuts, which were two thirds of the package, do not create jobs; except in the fantasies of republican economists who will justify tax cuts in any way possible. It is a proven historical fact that the economy has grown every time that taxes have been raised! That is because corporations are forced to seek refuge from higher taxes by investing in their businesses. I wish that the whole 700 or 800 billion, or much more, had been "NEW MONEY" which went direclty into infrastructure. Half of that could have gone into high speed rail, NOW! We only got out of the Great Depression because of massive deficit spending in World War II. We went from 30 per cent unemployment to the worst labor shortage in U.S. history almost overnight. This was done entirely by deficit spending. And what did all that deficit spending lead to? It lead to making us the greatest economic and military power the world has ever known.

There is a major problem w/how the stimulus was handled. We have great difficulties defending our party over things we agree were LESS THAN STELLAR political moves.

Quote from chrisbrz:
I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of whiny billionares have takin there balls and sat on the sideline or are playing there games outside the border in a selfish wait till after the election strategy. I bet we will see a boom in 2013 as they will have no choice to come back to the sandbox at that point. This is the antithesis of patriotism and its the playbook for the neocons. They would rather the economy suffer than let obama look good. Same people that want the security and benefits of our military for there strategic global advantage, yet feel no obligation or responsibility to share in the sacrifice of actually paying for any of the military. Welfare to them is socialism unless its corporate welfare then its labeled as essential strategic security and investment. Of course asking them to pay for any of their own welfare is immediately attacked in all the media which they themselves own. HYPOCRACY knows no bounds with the greed class. We need a second term to stop their agenda and put the country first. Because they obviously have no intention in doing so unless forced.

ENLIGHTENED viewpoint...

9/17/2011 11:32:57 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  
roebuckdaddy
Spartanburg, SC
51, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from pamela0324:
Wow, its been a looong time since I entered these doors. Seems like the shit is still flying and the idiots are alive and well over in Current Events. What an ugly bunch they are...and always have been!

I am a true Democrat and probably more liberal than centrist. I consider myself a pragmatist. I like politics (well most of the time anyway) and I understand how laws and policies are made...by compromise...or at least they used to be made that way. Now compromise is a dirty word.

Anyway, thought I'd stop by and say hello to my fellow Democrats.

Hey coolchick! Nice to see you again!

Pam

Well let's all try not to be STRANGERS to this forum...

Quote from tercium:
I'm a former conservative turned full on economic socialist, the democrats are too conservative these days ehat happened to McGovern, LBJ, or good old FDR?

Historically, the political parties have reversed w/the GOP originally being more progressive/liberal & the Democrats more conservative. I DON'T see the present-day GOP anytime soon becoming LESS CONSERVATIVE but it is alarming to see the Democrats compromise TOO much. Compromise is necessary sometimes but the Democrats often go too far with compromise. President Obama's health care bill would have had more teeth had the Democrats in power & in control had worried LESS about their career & more about doing what is right.

Quote from tercium:
I don't think main street progressive Republicans are out there any longer
I think most people in general are beginning to become more liberal, than in the last 30+ years in which NeoConservative philosophy dominated both parties
We have a few Liberal people in the Senate, but The House and Supreme Court are very far to the Right
And Obama has been too much in the center

To be honest, more people are most likely not loyal to either party & would probably identify them self as Independent. President Obama's election showed that people did not want a 3rd President Bush term w/McCain at the helm and that people were ready for change. How quick the wishy-washy public was to abandon President Obama when the GOP did what they do best...spread a campaign of lies, fear and distortion in trying to give the Obama Administration a big black eye.

1/12/2012 7:47:15 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  

can1951
Litchfield, IL
66, joined Dec. 2011

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

1/14/2012 2:23:06 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
tercium
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

I am a good liberal

2/15/2012 7:41:23 AM Any Good liberals out there ?  

softbutchlj
Cascade Locks, OR
58, joined Dec. 2011

I'm a good liberal also. I'm have open mind and do not feel the need to follow a party . I go with my gut and what appears to be the greater good. I'm may not always be right but I'm not a blind sheep either.

2/24/2012 8:45:19 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
tubalcain1492
Over 1,000 Posts (1,690)
Alabaster, AL
34, joined Feb. 2012

Liberal here!

3/19/2012 1:19:48 PM Any Good liberals out there ?  
writerdog
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,080)
Norman, OK
48, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ozark_druid:
Would love to meet some good liberals in my area. I'm dying of loneliness in this right wing republican swamp.
I know the feeling. I live in the bible belt.