Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www rubmaps com

Here is our pick of the ideal dating sites and apps not forgetting our very own websitedating. online dating twin falls idaho Even though n frustrated, he feels it s significant to get to know a match prior to meeting up with them. So be bold ask if they re up for a rapid video chat to see if you re both into taking the IRL plunge. ryan ryans social media It is seriously cool to meet diverse people today who come from diverse backgrounds than your own but have equivalent interests and values.

free teen hookup site

This one is not definitely a deep funny question, but it does tell you what type of a particular person they are. little river singles So, never waste the match and get started chatting online with people today now to make wrong pals and meet guys and girls of all age groups, all this just as a guest. We hold singles and partnership seekers secure with 100% verified accounts and profile behavioral scores to assure major quality behavior on the app. pilar valderrama onlyfans Exploring these subjects before dating can be valuable in evaluating what feels comfortable to you.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/6/2010 3:58:10 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

misschasta
Moscow, ID
52, joined Jul. 2009

Got witchvox for postings in your area, there are events and this month MABON happy fall fest to you and yours. You may also find me there, Chasta Omstead

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/9/2010 4:04:12 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

For those who may be too busy to remember, but Mabon is the 22nd of this month; the Fall Equinox, celebrating the 2nd Harvest.
Have fun one and all, and Blessed be. This is one of the fun ones for me because we gather and we share more than just food, but ritual and stories. It's fun being solitary, and many times I consider myself that, but it's also fun being around like-minded individuals in a coven.
So once again, have a happy Mabon!

9/11/2010 12:17:48 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
geniuecoyote
Valparaiso, FL
54, joined Jul. 2009

Wicca Query, I am a fervent believer in angels and I wonder can I also learn and practice Wicca?

I have often wonder about this questions so with research I found this:
I guess it depends on how loosely you interpret the Bible. Obviously, there's the issue of some of the Bible passages being against magic and other gods, so if you take the Bible too literally, no, you can't. However, you can certainly interpret the commandment of "Thou shalt have no gods before me" as God saying that he recognizes the existence of other gods, he just has to be first. A Wiccan believes in a God as well as a Goddess, so believing in God is not an issue, but you have to be willing to believe in a female companion for him. Angels are no different than any other spirit with which a Wiccan might work, so of course they work well with Wicca. If your belief in the God is like the Christian God, you maybe Christian Wiccan. It is possible, contrary to what people will say on both sides. If this is what you believe, you need to expect people to not count you as either Christian or Wiccan because many Christians and Wiccans don't believe it's possible. May you find your path, no matter what it may be.
Venus Bless

Edit: I also feel that I should warn you that Wicca and witchcraft are not the same, and you should be careful with which it is in which you are interested. You may find that you will find more acceptance as a Christian witch than a Christian Wiccan. Also, not all Wiccans who draw on angels are Christian Wiccans. To be Christian Wiccan, you must follow the core beliefs of the Wiccans and believe that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior. If you don't follow both of these beliefs, you are not Christian Wiccan, but a Christian witch or a Wiccan depending on which you accept and which you do not.
Source(s):
Solitary Eclectic Wiccan witch

9/11/2010 12:37:56 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
geniuecoyote
Valparaiso, FL
54, joined Jul. 2009

I have been asked many, many times why am I Wiccan...I could never quite find the words but I have found this interview with a witch and I just had to share it....

Why Wicca

What attracts people to Wicca? The answer’s not the same for everyone but here are some of the reasons.

1. Wicca has no rigid rules. People are free to find their own paths. Wiccans do, however, agree to a code of ethics called the Wiccan Rede. "An it harm none, do as thou will," is the guiding tenet. Another major guidepost, the Law of Three, says that whatever you do, be it good or evil, will return to you threefold. These principles make each individual responsible for her own actions. Many people find this more appealing than the codes of conduct found in other religions. Each person is a priest or priestess in his or her own right. No one acts as an intermediary between an individual and the gods.

2. The gods of Wicca include an eminent female deity. Women are revered as priestesses and take precedence in the Wiccan hierarchy. Two thirds of the clergy in The Covenant of the Goddess, an organization of autonomous witchcraft groups, are women. Many women are attracted to this religion because they identify with the Goddess as the mother of all living. They resent the accusations of impurity heaped on women in past centuries and haven’t forgotten the cruelties imposed on them by the Inquisition. The early church cast women as bearers of the original sin and burned many of them at the stake during the "Burning Times," the era of the great witch hunts in Europe. The remembrance of these atrocities has turned some women from Christianity to Wicca.

3. People desiring to "get back to nature" are drawn to Wicca. Wiccans feel that we are one with the earth and all living things. To them all things of nature, living or inanimate, are sacred. They like to hold their ceremonies outdoors because they feel that being with nature brings them closer to the divine force that created it. According to Wiccan teachings, celebrating the changing seasons, or turning the Wheel of the Year, attunes them to the Earth’s cycles.

4. Wicca is versatile. Some witches practice as "solitaries," others join covens. Since the advent of the Internet, cybercovens have sprung into being. Cybercovens fax or E-mail an agenda to their members who meet online in a private chat room at a prearranged time.

5. Wiccans don’t believe in Satan. They neither worship him nor recognize his existence. The absence of this evil character makes Wicca attractive to some people. Wiccans do worship a horned god. However, he is the ancient god of the hunt, not Satan. The pentagram, often associated with Satanism, is an amulet in Wiccan belief. Its five points represent the five human senses. It’s worn with the single cusp, which represents the spirit, pointing up. In some traditions it’s worn point down to indicate an advanced
degree. Satanic cults display it point down, but they are not of Wicca.

Recalling the witch in the interview; if you saw Connie on the street, or met her at the supermarket, you’d think her no different from anyone else. It’s only her religion that sets her apart. In fact, you probably wouldn’t raise an eyebrow or bat an eye if she moved in next door.

http://www.netowne.com/spiritualism/wicca/index.htm

9/12/2010 12:39:21 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

claramj
Warren, MI
49, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
It's getting easier these days, but perfect community with other religions still remains sketchy at best. I am proud of my pentagram, and when I wear it, I feel like I am wearing it for a reason: not because I'm "Heavy Metal" or want to make a silly childish statement. The coven I belong to (The Sacred Cottage at Roseville CA) is a collective of not only Witches, but also Reiki Masters, Light Workers, practitioners of Crystal, Candle, and Green Magic, and we all wear our pentagrams because we IDENTIFY with one another, and there is a reason we wear our pendants--because we belong to an exclusive group of individuals all struggling to aid our Earth Mother deal with insects that happen to occupy the same planet we live on.
We will NEVER be fully understood and accepted, but we can find comfort in knowing other like-minded souls out there share in our understanding of Life the way we do.

I agree with everything you said, and I for one ONLY tolerate the other 3 religions, because they have all three killed pagans for 1000s of years, so I don't really like any of those 3, I think you know what three I am talking about too, I don't like even saying their names.

They don't like us I don't like them, and as a lesbian I have even more reason not to like any of them.

Oh and I am very much a Wiccan and proud of it, and wear my pentagram proudly along with my gay pins.

Blessed be to all here who follow the old Gods and Goddess!

Oh by the way my Goddess is the Celtic Goddess Brid, or better know as Bridget, who was stolen by the Christian's and turned into St Bridget, because the people wouldn't stop worshiping her,lol, I love her!

9/12/2010 1:04:55 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

claramj
Warren, MI
49, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from geniuecoyote:
Wicca Query, I am a fervent believer in angels and I wonder can I also learn and practice Wicca?

I have often wonder about this questions so with research I found this:
I guess it depends on how loosely you interpret the Bible. Obviously, there's the issue of some of the Bible passages being against magic and other gods, so if you take the Bible too literally, no, you can't. However, you can certainly interpret the commandment of "Thou shalt have no gods before me" as God saying that he recognizes the existence of other gods, he just has to be first. A Wiccan believes in a God as well as a Goddess, so believing in God is not an issue, but you have to be willing to believe in a female companion for him. Angels are no different than any other spirit with which a Wiccan might work, so of course they work well with Wicca. If your belief in the God is like the Christian God, you maybe Christian Wiccan. It is possible, contrary to what people will say on both sides. If this is what you believe, you need to expect people to not count you as either Christian or Wiccan because many Christians and Wiccans don't believe it's possible. May you find your path, no matter what it may be.
Venus Bless

Edit: I also feel that I should warn you that Wicca and witchcraft are not the same, and you should be careful with which it is in which you are interested. You may find that you will find more acceptance as a Christian witch than a Christian Wiccan. Also, not all Wiccans who draw on angels are Christian Wiccans. To be Christian Wiccan, you must follow the core beliefs of the Wiccans and believe that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior. If you don't follow both of these beliefs, you are not Christian Wiccan, but a Christian witch or a Wiccan depending on which you accept and which you do not.
Source(s):
Solitary Eclectic Wiccan witch

I don't agree with any of what you said, angels and christian ideas have no business in Wicca, no REAL Wiccan believe in angels, not in the way christian think, spirits are not angels, their spirits, there people who died,and Witches are Wiccans,most at least, There are no such thing as christian Wiccans, if you claim to be Wiccan but believe in any part of the Bible then your not a Wiccan, You are just trying to have your cake and eat it too.

I think this whole thing of christian saying they are into Wicca is so christian's can take over Wicca too, like every thing else, like they took over are practices and made them their own, now they want to take over again, because we are getting too big for them and they have to try and take us over, so its if you can't beat them join them, then take them over.

Anyway you are not a Wiccan, you may want to call yourself one, but your not,your just playing it safe by hanging on to your christian beliefs, which means you are not Wiccan, because if you were you wouldn't even bother with the bible stuff.

Oh and the horned god is not the Bible god, he isn't a hateful, woman hating, war monger like the bible god, and he isn't a jealous one ether, or a killer of children.

Get your facts strait.

9/12/2010 2:56:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Everyone has their own version of the Witch's Rede; some of them are short and to the point , and others are long and detailed--even going as far as using rhyme to make your spells work. For those new to this wonderful experience of Wicca, Green Magik, Paganism, or however you prefer to describe yourself, I lift this version of the Witch's Rede from Moura's (Aoumiel's) very insightful book entitled "Green Witchcraft; Folk Magic, Faery Lore, and Herb Craft. The rede goes as folows:

Bide ye the Witch's law ye must,
In perfect Love, in Perfect Trust.
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill:
An ye harm none, do as ye will.
What ye send forth comes back to thee,
So ever mind The Rule of Three.
Follow this with mind and heart,
And merry ye meet, and merry ye part

I prefer using Elizabethan English, however, perhaps as a conscious effort to honor those who have perished for their faith; many of them were innocents--having NOTHING to do with Wicca or being a Witch.

Bideth thou the Witch's law thou must,
In perfect love, in perfect trust.
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill:
An' thou harmeth none, do as thou wilt.
What sendeth thou forth comest back t' thee,
So mindeth thou the Rule of Three.
Thou followeth this in mind and heart,
And merry we meet, an' merry we part.

It's simply a play on words, but the rede still maintains it's essence. It's, to me, wonderful that dogmatic and absolute restraints are anathema to us, and that so long as we know what we do is good, we are free to interpret our rede, our spells, our lore any way we wish. Of course that's me feeling this way, and perhaps others prefer adhereing to a more strictly laid out path; but because others feel either this way or that, we all have something to share, and we all have something to learn. I am always learning, and the thirst for knowlege is addictive--especially when it comes to something I strongly believe in.
Blessed be, My Brothers and Sisters. This has been a GREAT thread, and although slow, I see many new faces, and at least a post every now and then. It's nice that we can congregate here and share our ideas, our fears, and our Craft with each other.

9/12/2010 8:18:41 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
dragon1545
Scottsburg, IN
42, joined Nov. 2009

Hello well i got started about a year ago. Not to sure what my path is and how to find out. Don't have many wiccan in this area that i know of.

I was raised Christian but never felt right to me. Would like to find others in my area.

9/19/2010 6:53:36 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

The net is a good source. That's how I found my coven. Try it.

9/19/2010 8:38:48 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from dragon1545:
Hello well i got started about a year ago. Not to sure what my path is and how to find out. Don't have many wiccan in this area that i know of.

I was raised Christian but never felt right to me. Would like to find others in my area.

Jimy is right, the net works. Try www.witchvox.com "The Witches Voice" They have directories for local pagans, searchable by area.

[Edited 9/19/2010 8:39:13 PM ]

9/20/2010 2:53:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
kira_p
Over 1,000 Posts (1,202)
Fredericksburg, VA
50, joined Nov. 2008

come out? Like we were in the broom closet..funny. I've never really felt the need to hide,but I am finally getting a pentacle in a crescent moon tattooed on the back of my neck. Certainly no turning back then, but after 25 years I doubt I will be changing beliefs

9/20/2010 3:11:52 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
kira_p
Over 1,000 Posts (1,202)
Fredericksburg, VA
50, joined Nov. 2008

I was reading through some postings and see many different views, beliefs and feelings represented. One reason I chose this path was the feeling of being able to worship who I wanted, the way I wanted. That's also why I choose to be a solitary although coven's are fine too. But I certainly see no need to rail against another's beliefs or berating them to get their facts right...When I read things like that it reminds me of the comdemnation so common in the more conventional religions. Can't we all just get along? Harboring ill feelings just poisons the soul and draws negative energies to you. Believe whatever you want but please don't condemn others for asking questions when they are looking for help, not hate...

9/23/2010 4:44:33 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
kira_p
Over 1,000 Posts (1,202)
Fredericksburg, VA
50, joined Nov. 2008

A vey happy and blessed Mabon to everyone out there!

9/28/2010 8:24:53 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

If you did indeed read the many postings, you will have undoubtedly come across some of our brothers and sisters who still feel the pain of religious persectution. We may be free wherever we may happen to be to practice how, when, where, and to whom, but it is, unfortunately, not that way for many of us. In the Bible Belt states, practicing Wicca (or it's many forms: Druidry, Crystal Magic, etc.) is easier said than done--thereby FORCING many of us to remain covert in our beliefs. Many employers will hire a Christian before hiring a Witch, and many of them downright FEAR us because of the "Hollywood" versions of our Craft. We may find sanctuary and inner solace being "feared," but that is NOT what it is all about. It is in doing good that we are rewarded, and of course, if practicing Black Magic is more your speed, so long as you are careful in what you are wishing for, the rewards are there as well.
"We can come out now" is an invitation, at least in this forum, for anyone who is guided by an entity, other than the one whose own people fixed upon two pieces of wood, to feel safe enough to share, relate, and merely talk story about experiences cuuled from our Craft. We are indeed lucky, many of us, to be alive in times where we can revel in the joy of Dionysian pursuits, or bask in the warmth of our own meditations through mediums like aroma-therapy coupled with crystals, and there is also the freedom to commune with Mother Gaia herself--for those of you in the religiously restraining areas--simply by sitting at a creekbed and listening to what she has to tell us.
Make no mistake, however, that those who "disapprove" of us, those who don't understand us (ignorants), are going to go away soon; if anything their numbers grow exponentially, and the more of them there are, the more prudent for us to "listen" first, and then either leave or do what is in your heart. I, myself, proudly display my pentagram; it is to me what a cross is to them, and the pride they feel wearing it, so does that pride burn in my heart.
Be well, my brothers and sisters; Blessed be to one and to all.

9/29/2010 2:31:44 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
polarbear733
Milwaukee, WI
34, joined Sep. 2010

Just wanta jump in and say hi to everyone. I've been a wiccan for 12 years now, solitary, and don't really talk to like minded people. Blessed Be

9/29/2010 11:47:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from polarbear733:
Just wanta jump in and say hi to everyone. I've been a wiccan for 12 years now, solitary, and don't really talk to like minded people. Blessed Be

You are welcome here. Say what you will, and just bask in the energy. There are many strong-willed posters, and there are those like yourself who merely want to read and listen.

9/30/2010 4:47:51 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
polarbear733
Milwaukee, WI
34, joined Sep. 2010

Thanks Ill probaly just read for a while and jump out of no where to say something )O(

10/2/2010 8:06:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Wiccan, witch, solitary: describes me well - even though I live in a Bible belt area. No one asks, no one cares, it seems. I belong to the "Church of the Backyard Circle" - and my backyard has a gigantic Holly tree that blooms every year in time for Yule. (How cool is that?) I wear a Celtic design pentagram with crescent moon and moonstone - and all anyone notices (love the shield spells) is the beautiful Celtic artwork, unless they are of like mind.

My magick is in the kitchen - healthy food with medicinal/flavorful herbs, much of it made by hand (yes, bread too, pasta, organic ingredients), lotions and oils (I make my own massage/skin oils) soaps, that sort of thing. Between work, cooking, and school, not much time right now for more than cooking, but will return when the time is right.

My boss is a Baptist Sunday school teacher - and he has never questioned my faith, or invited me to his church (he has with all the others in our department).... wonder why? Sort of like the military? Don't ask, don't tell?

Love the thread so far, very interesting reading.... thanks for all the input!!

My favorite time of the year - autumn - celebrated with my Equinox Soup and home made bread, small ceremony with the daughter and grandgirls, awesome energy after! Wasn't it wild - Mabon and Full Moon together - such energy!!!!!!

Blessed Be to all.................

10/4/2010 12:45:52 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
gothic_beauty
Wadsworth, OH
34, joined Oct. 2010

Merry Meet! I'm new here. Been following the solitary path for about 10 years but only seriously dedicated myself to it in the last three years. I'm learning kitchen magick, which I really enjoy, while learning to cook in general. But my first "loves" are gems and color.

10/4/2010 8:17:10 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Well come, Miss Gothic. You'll enjoy it here. Kitchen magick is very interesting, and cooking is the best magick of all. Gems are great, too. But I love what can be done with a few simple ingredients blessed by the Lord Sun, and fed by the Lady Earth. Some of my most magickal ingredients are straight from the vine... wonderful flavors and scents that cannot be compared to "chemical, dead foods" that are sold in the store. If you need any pointers, feel free to ask.

Enjoy and Blessed Be

10/15/2010 9:08:05 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

shilli
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,911)
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Oh, I wanna see your recipe book,... Is there a thread started yet about good pagan meal prep and ingredients? Yum!

10/15/2010 11:32:21 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Nothing yet, though it is something I've been thinking about. There are some that want me to open a small place, like a soup kitchen or such - Leika told me to give it a pagan based name. How does the Soup Cauldron sound? But I am trying to put some recipes together. Am looking for some good ones to add to it. Anybody have any?

10/16/2010 12:20:11 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Well, that sounds awesome, .... I'd say you could do a lot of marketing with a name that precious. Sadly, I'm not one to follow a recipe, hehehee.

[Edited 10/16/2010 12:21:08 AM ]

10/16/2010 1:40:19 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,881)
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

Howdy Shilli, Gypsy Kat . How goes it this beautiful Saturday?

10/16/2010 6:11:58 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Wonderful weekend so far, thanks! How has yours been?

@Shilli - would love to do the cookbook, and am really thinking about cooking/remedy thread, but I have the same problem you do - I don't use or follow recipes. It's usually whatever I may have to hand, or what I feel like putting in at the time. 95% of the time it works. But there are certain guidelines I do use that might work for others. Most of the time, I'm sure to stir with love, and always ask for help from deity with whatever I am doing. I am not a fancy cook, but I am a good cook.

Love and great taste to all out there.............

Kat

10/17/2010 5:09:08 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
mercedes01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (77,358)
New South Wales
Australia
98, joined Jan. 2010

10/17/2010 3:13:41 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from mercedes01:

Right on!!!!!

10/19/2010 2:28:44 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Well, I'm all for a thread like that. Althought, I'd like to see it more in the Religion section. I just go there more often.

10/19/2010 2:49:45 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Everyone ready for Samhain? My temple/home is already getting a HUGE increase in spectral visitations. The full moon in a few days promises to be an interesting one, being so close to Samhain. How's your plans for the special day going? (I'm not Wiccan, and my tradition does not call that day "Samhain," but I figured that's what most of y'all would understand it as.)

10/20/2010 6:31:56 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Greetings!! Getting ready for Samhain and for even more! All while trying to work 9 days in a row - ought to be interesting - but it will get done. Miss decorating for Halloween with my sister in Ohio, but am trying to get into the spirit down here. I love this time of the year, no matter where I am............ YAY for autumn! Continuing to study, enjoying the new sites I have found....

Who else is doing for Samhain and/or Halloween? However you spend this time of year - let us know.................

10/26/2010 9:48:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
joshk30
Lillington, NC
36, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from wolfyhp:
I dunno, my Asatruar (Norse beliefs) friends call themselves "Heathens" rather than "pagans" and identify with the pagan community. I've heard and read various etymologies for both words, so not sure what they actually originally meant.

well dictionary definitions of a pagan is anyone that believes differently from societies main religious view so by that reasoning anyone other then Christian would be considered a pagan in american society since christian is the major belief of the country and its government.I was raised baptist but my second parents are wiccan when i had a what christians call crisis of faith(other people call it enlightenment and individualism) I started reading various other religious material and learned my beliefs weren't the same as the christian community never really had bought into it but neither were they muslim or wiccan .So i deem myself pagan because i don't believe fully one way or the other and pagan is what my ancestors were called for the beliefs they went by and that I also believe in sad part is i'm in the military and the government doesn't recognize paganism as a belief even though there are as many pagans as wiccans in the armed forces there for I have to say i'm either christian or wiccan cause if i died in a combat zone thats what they are putting over my head.Also christians in the military if you say your religious ideology to them patronize and condemn you and in many cases call pagans and wiccans "tree huggers" or satanists or etc. my general response is "how many wars did pagans start in the name of our religion with people of like but slightly different views" i.e. christians and muslims christians and jews and practically every other religious view usually shuts em up if not i go into the religious practices they stole from pagan ancestors and still practice like the nice little christmas holiday time off and all the tree trimmings and such during Yule etc. Sad we have to defend our beliefs against christian hypocrits in america

10/31/2010 11:36:43 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
kira_p
Over 1,000 Posts (1,202)
Fredericksburg, VA
50, joined Nov. 2008

I would just like to wish everyone a happy and blessed Samhain! May today be filled with the promise of a happy new year...May Lady and Lord or whomever you pray to add to the blessings of this day! Blessed be!

10/31/2010 1:42:53 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

Yep, Happy Halloween, Samhein!!!!

10/31/2010 7:04:47 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Greetings to all, and a Happy 'New year' - Samhain - to you!! Enjoy the feast of the Dead, feel through the veil, and remember all those who have passed beyond!

Kat

10/31/2010 8:33:19 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
cicadax
Stearns, KY
53, joined Oct. 2010

I am a Celtic Wiccan,studied now for 12 years and find my self happier with my chosen path. Like some say on here,I am ridiculed for my chosen path but that is ok with me...for they dont understand what we are about anyway....they fear what they dont understand. I do not harm others for any reason with magick.....I do not use magick to make others like me for that is a controll factor anyway...I believe in freedom to all no matter what path you follow. I do know once I post this on here I won't be getting any responces from the dating side of this site but oh well....maybe a few friends hopefully.

Blessed be to all.

Cicada x

11/2/2010 9:44:40 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

Happy november!!!!

11/3/2010 9:57:42 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

@cicada x - not true. I have received positive emails from folks - men and women - after being on this site and others. Some are curious, some are sharing, and many have become friends. Yes, occassionally you will get a 'hate mail' or such as that, but the delete and block buttons are wonderful in that situation. Do not allow anyone to intimidate you.....

Congratulations on the path you have chosen for yourself, and may you continue to learn and expand on that path. The Celtic path is awesome.. I have studied the Celtic path, and have embraced much of it, but feel now to be pulled in the direction of the Norse........ mainly with the Runes and the magick within them. It remains to be seen what will happen or which way I go...... as I am on this journey for learning - as you are. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or wish to discuss anything.

Blessed Be - Sweet breezes I send you........

Kat

@woodsmamma -

[Edited 11/3/2010 9:59:16 PM ]

11/4/2010 9:41:17 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
randywhansel
Jonesville, VA
39, joined Sep. 2010

Former High Priest of the Coven of the Dark Forest from Central New York here...

I've never "hid" my Wiccan ways from anyone. I am proud of my Heritage and proud of who and what I am.

Blessed Be all

11/5/2010 5:17:26 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
esp_eclipse84
Galena, MO
32, joined Oct. 2010

I am an Odinist. I believe in the Norse Gods. I don't put up with christianity at all. I oppose it. Paganism existed way before the christian religion and it was the christians who destroyed our temples and killed our people for not believing their god. We must unite and take our rightful place back.

11/5/2010 6:37:10 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from esp_eclipse84:
I am an Odinist. I believe in the Norse Gods. I don't put up with christianity at all. I oppose it. Paganism existed way before the christian religion and it was the christians who destroyed our temples and killed our people for not believing their god. We must unite and take our rightful place back.

Young man, I do hope you learn tolerance, and quickly..... lack of tolerance of others is what has gotten us to where we are now - I oppose a lot of things, but one must work toward change, not go after it with guns loaded. You sound very angry.... yes, Paganism existed before the Christian religion - but the Christians took over much of Europe, and this country WAS settled by mostly Christians (yes, I know, after they 'wiped out' the native populations and their religions), but acting like a 'hot headed warrior' will do no one, especially you, any good. Ours is mostly a peaceful religion..... with tolerance towards all..... there is no longer a rightful place - unless it is standing beside the major religions of the day. You are welcome here, but I do hope and pray that you do not continue to spout hatred.

@ Randy - welcome....... we encourage your comments

11/5/2010 6:47:54 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
esp_eclipse84
Galena, MO
32, joined Oct. 2010

I did not mean to come off angry. It's just not fair, that's all. And you are right, we do need to learn to tolerate, I do need to learn. So I am sorry.

11/5/2010 7:21:06 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
randywhansel
Jonesville, VA
39, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from esp_eclipse84:

One thing we all must remember, is that we should never judge another for his/her personal beliefs. Whether you're a Wiccan, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Islamic.....we are not better than our brothers or sisters in the world around us. No matter what each of us believes in or the actions we choose to take against others. We are all human, we are all a part of our Earth Mother. We are all equal energies. And whether you believe in it or not, what negative energy you put out, you will get back threefold my friend.

The greatest revenge is to love the other. No matter the situation.

Blessed Be.

[Edited 11/5/2010 7:22:09 PM ]

11/6/2010 9:09:06 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

@esp - I understand the idea that it isn't fair - unfortunately, most of life isn't fair. But, as Randy has said "The greatest revenge is to love the other. No matter the situation." It may not make the situation fair, or right, but it WILL make others take notice of the fact that we 'practice what we live, and live what we practice'.... which, in turn, will hopefully create a better living environment for all of us..... no matter our beliefs! No one religion will ever fit everyone - ours included...... and I am glad that you understand that tolerance is something we all need to practice.

Let's keep this discussion going if we can. I'd love to hear your thoughts.... and am willing to share what I have learned and how I feel as well. Hopefully, more folks will jump in with their thoughts and ideas as well........

Comments anyone?

Blessed Be........

Kat

11/6/2010 3:33:55 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

I agree Gypsey Kat. I have realized amends need to be made in certain cases with several folks . I have already extended apologies to one of the two,and have heard nothing back. So my intent to right a wrong has been made, and I can't control the out come of that but only what I can do on my part,which is done.
We can only change our own hearts.The other is held up in prayers and meditations. So the willingness to right that wrong is there, time and reflection will show me how and when(action)

11/7/2010 4:16:42 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
esp_eclipse84
Galena, MO
32, joined Oct. 2010

Thanks everyone for your kind wisdom. I was wrong to say those things and you are right. Now I have come to accept everyone's religion because it's a choice and they are still people like us. I feel more at peace now and proud. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to and it doesn't make them less of a person for it, I understand that now. I think the Gods may have worked through you to help guide me and I thank them for that and I thank you of course for caring.

Blessed Be

11/7/2010 8:23:43 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Merry Meet esp eclipse -

It IS amazing what we hear our Lady and Lord say when we take the time to really listen, isn't it? Do take some of that 'unfairness' into your discussions with others - always ask them why they feel the way they do.... Is it because that is what they have been taught? Their parents thought that way? Learn to help teach this tolerance to others..... if you watch the news, see what is happening, read history - you will find that intolerance is the MAIN reason for many of the things that have, do, and will happen in this world.. As the saying goes .... "if we could all just get along, things would be better for all of us"......

Odin was (and is) pretty awesome - and even though it was a 'warrior' race that worshipped him, he DID try to teach tolerance (hanging from Yggdrisil for 9 days to give the world the Runes is not a God who wanted us to remain static, now is it?) There is pain in the world........ we are still trying to find ways to rid us of pain...... Dig deep and come up with ways to help......

Continue to share your thoughts and feelings....... please..... I, for one, am interested in what you think and have to say.

Blesses Be ... Sunshine and sweet breezes to all..... What would you like to discuss today?

Kat

11/8/2010 1:58:16 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

The very best is to accept each other just the way we are ,and to love each other inspite of our differences. yes,then we all are co instructers to each other,as we have learned from you as well,in the case of alchemy of the heart!

11/8/2010 5:19:10 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

wolfspirit1
Dothan, AL
28, joined Oct. 2010

I'm trying to learn Wiccan in RL. I go by all Raven Silverwolf's books and his Book of Shadows. I'm working hard to actually become initiated into a group one day.

11/8/2010 8:37:59 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Greetings! Many on here seem to be solitaries, but there are some who have belonged to various groups and covens. Ask away, I'm sure advice will be forthcoming...... And learning in any capacity is always good.

woodsmamma and all the others who peak in. Stop and express yourselves - but try to keep it friendly, please!

11/16/2010 4:43:22 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
joshuablackpheo
Horn Lake, MS
26, joined Nov. 2010

merry meet. i am new to paganism and i am being judged by my so called friends and my old pastor has even called me a satan worshiper. why am i being persecuted as a witch by the only people i thought i could trust? guess i can not trust anyone. blessed be to all

11/16/2010 6:17:23 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Merry meet and welcome!!

The persecutions are due to the fact that you are going against "them" and what they believe. If this is what you really want, continue on. The pastor may never come around, but your friends may. Do not try to explain to them - they will not understand, unless they ask, of course. But live your life in the way you need to, and by actions they will see that you have only done better for yourself!

It is hard to 'come out of the closet' especially if you are still learning. Trust your instincts, learn as much as you can, and live the life you are meant to live. You WILL meet new friends along the way!

Kat

11/16/2010 10:50:48 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
joshuablackpheo
Horn Lake, MS
26, joined Nov. 2010

ok thank you kat, i will keep than in mind. i am currently attending an online school called magicka school for my first year of training and i did not see that i as going to be hated on, after everything i have done for them. but i will not let this hold me back thank you again, and blessed be

11/17/2010 8:55:19 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

They do not 'hate' you, per se, they 'hate' the unknown.... or what Hollywood has perpetrated to the masses. They believe witchcraft and satanism are the same thing.... which, of course, we know is totally false. As they see that you are not changing into a negative, creepy version of yourself - but that you become more confident, and treat the world in general with respect, they MAY open up and ask questions. Learning and schooling is always good, just remember that it isn't all magick - there is plenty of spiritualism as well - and that (to me) is the most important part!

Always remember "And it harm none - do as you will"

Kat

11/17/2010 2:14:35 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

boodicca
Over 1,000 Posts (1,347)
Essex
United Kingdom
65, joined Oct. 2010

Hello Gypsykat and friends!

How nice to find you all tucked away neatly in this little niche by the fire!

May I please put in a penny'sworth?

I learned about Christianity when I was a child and fell bang in love with Jesus' ideas and above all, I admired his healing abilities. As I grew I tried to find out where he had disappeared to, from Herod's "murdering babies" episode until his own "smashing up of the Temple" episode. It filled me with curiosity and I was sure that he must have been at a "school" within which he had learned to become a healer.

At the same time my Bohemian grandmother was teaching me palmistry, tarot, handicrafts and kitchen "magic", opening my eyes to the "occult" arts and the oldest of the European nomadic traditions.

Also, concurrently I was learning scientific reasoning, languages and ancient philosophy at a very good British School!!

A fairly eclectic mix.... resulting in a VERY eccentric girl leaving school in 1969!!

I was poor, and my parents had long since divorced, so it was necessary for me to work, quickly and set up my own home, which I did. I married in 1971, had my son in 1972 and went to University to study Psychology, later Philosophy and finally specialised in Traditional Chinese Medicine. In all, 20 years of happy and contented study, squeezed in with the hard work of motherhood.

I constantly found fault with everything! I agreed in part with much of what I was taught but always bore in mind the saying: "History is an agreed set of lies" as I ploughed on... seeking out the earliest information I could find, I despaired of ever finding out the "truth".

i knew that Queen Boudicca and other Celts had been notorious, to the Romans, for painting warriors blue and curing themselves rapidly from wounds. Suddenly, within the depths of Chinese Herbal Medicine, I found Woad... a very useful antiseptic and natural coagulant. So that was why they were blue.... to seal any wounds, as they fought and preventing infections!! I was getting somewhere!

Then I found Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh... a vital formulae in the cure of poisonings of every kind, including our modern radiation! I had a "Eureka" moment that had every hair on my body on end!! I had found it... the teachings that Jesus had studied!!! I cannot tell you how excited I was.

I learned Reflexology (annointing their feet with oil!!)
I learned Tuini (hands-on healing!)
I learned of one special herbal formulae, suspended in vinegar, (Mary, mother of Jesus passed a sponge soaked in vinegar to Jesus on the cross & he "died") which would render a person unconscious, with barely any life signs for...you guessed it... THREE SIGNIFICANT DAYS.

Chinese Medical history stretches back 6,000 years, and they in their infinite humility, attribute its beginnings to the "Tall red haired people that crossed the ice", also known as "The Ancient Ones" and reputed to have had a life span of over 200 years.

The Taoist monks, for centuries, would travel all over the (then) known world and, with a lot of luck and determination, return to their Monasteries with medicines, ideas and beliefs to be carefully added to the enormous library of knowledge already amassed in China.

Thanks to the Taoists, a lot of the knowledge employed by the Wise Women of Europe has NEVER been lost. It is preserved, incorporated, hidden and protected many times from the persecution of dominant and ignorant forces....most recently, and notably, from the followers of Mao Tse Tung.

Now it is treasured, revered and taught again. Now it is "out" and the beautiful books and healing manuals of our ancestors are being translated, one by one, into English.

There are Materia Medica and Formulae & Strategies being PROVEN in Chinese Universities.... There are profound poems and "oracles" to meditate and ponder over, there are manuals for everything you could ever need to know about living a clean and natural life.

This has been my "path"....the understanding of Yin & Yang, God & Goddess (if you like) and the rewards have been, and continue to be, astounding, thrilling and above all HEALING.

May you all come to feel the joy of knowing that all is not lost.... and never will be.

SO BE IT

Boo
xxxx

11/17/2010 5:46:40 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
123jon321
Over 2,000 Posts (2,322)
Jacksonville, FL
52, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from boodicca:
Hello Gypsykat and friends!

How nice to find you all tucked away neatly in this little niche by the fire!

May I please put in a penny'sworth?

I learned about Christianity when I was a child and fell bang in love with Jesus' ideas and above all, I admired his healing abilities. As I grew I tried to find out where he had disappeared to, from Herod's "murdering babies" episode until his own "smashing up of the Temple" episode. It filled me with curiosity and I was sure that he must have been at a "school" within which he had learned to become a healer.

At the same time my Bohemian grandmother was teaching me palmistry, tarot, handicrafts and kitchen "magic", opening my eyes to the "occult" arts and the oldest of the European nomadic traditions.

Also, concurrently I was learning scientific reasoning, languages and ancient philosophy at a very good British School!!

A fairly eclectic mix.... resulting in a VERY eccentric girl leaving school in 1969!!

I was poor, and my parents had long since divorced, so it was necessary for me to work, quickly and set up my own home, which I did. I married in 1971, had my son in 1972 and went to University to study Psychology, later Philosophy and finally specialised in Traditional Chinese Medicine. In all, 20 years of happy and contented study, squeezed in with the hard work of motherhood.

I constantly found fault with everything! I agreed in part with much of what I was taught but always bore in mind the saying: "History is an agreed set of lies" as I ploughed on... seeking out the earliest information I could find, I despaired of ever finding out the "truth".

i knew that Queen Boudicca and other Celts had been notorious, to the Romans, for painting warriors blue and curing themselves rapidly from wounds. Suddenly, within the depths of Chinese Herbal Medicine, I found Woad... a very useful antiseptic and natural coagulant. So that was why they were blue.... to seal any wounds, as they fought and preventing infections!! I was getting somewhere!

Then I found Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh... a vital formulae in the cure of poisonings of every kind, including our modern radiation! I had a "Eureka" moment that had every hair on my body on end!! I had found it... the teachings that Jesus had studied!!! I cannot tell you how excited I was.

I learned Reflexology (annointing their feet with oil!!)
I learned Tuini (hands-on healing!)
I learned of one special herbal formulae, suspended in vinegar, (Mary, mother of Jesus passed a sponge soaked in vinegar to Jesus on the cross & he "died") which would render a person unconscious, with barely any life signs for...you guessed it... THREE SIGNIFICANT DAYS.

Chinese Medical history stretches back 6,000 years, and they in their infinite humility, attribute its beginnings to the "Tall red haired people that crossed the ice", also known as "The Ancient Ones" and reputed to have had a life span of over 200 years.

The Taoist monks, for centuries, would travel all over the (then) known world and, with a lot of luck and determination, return to their Monasteries with medicines, ideas and beliefs to be carefully added to the enormous library of knowledge already amassed in China.

Thanks to the Taoists, a lot of the knowledge employed by the Wise Women of Europe has NEVER been lost. It is preserved, incorporated, hidden and protected many times from the persecution of dominant and ignorant forces....most recently, and notably, from the followers of Mao Tse Tung.

Now it is treasured, revered and taught again. Now it is "out" and the beautiful books and healing manuals of our ancestors are being translated, one by one, into English.

There are Materia Medica and Formulae & Strategies being PROVEN in Chinese Universities.... There are profound poems and "oracles" to meditate and ponder over, there are manuals for everything you could ever need to know about living a clean and natural life.

This has been my "path"....the understanding of Yin & Yang, God & Goddess (if you like) and the rewards have been, and continue to be, astounding, thrilling and above all HEALING.

May you all come to feel the joy of knowing that all is not lost.... and never will be.

SO BE IT

Boo
xxxx
amen. We are in race to write our books. Gypsykat2

11/17/2010 7:22:12 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  
woodsmamma
Babbitt, MN
63, joined Feb. 2009

Kat I couldn't quote you as they wouldn't let me up yonder in your post where you greeted me.

I tried to post ,I hope I haven't offended anyone??? I went to the threads beggining to see, and I didn't see anywhere that I disrespected any one.If I offended any I am truely sorry.

[Edited 11/17/2010 7:22:54 PM ]

11/17/2010 10:34:08 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from woodsmamma:
Kat I couldn't quote you as they wouldn't let me up yonder in your post where you greeted me.

I tried to post ,I hope I haven't offended anyone??? I went to the threads beggining to see, and I didn't see anywhere that I disrespected any one.If I offended any I am truely sorry.

Sorry, hon, I don't know why you were unable to post - must be a quirk in the system. Please try again. Your wisdom is always welcome!!

@Boo - girl, I wish we were closer so we could chat..... I'd love to hear some of your learnings and such. Never mind any place I've ever wanted to visit - I now want to visit Essex and meet you........ what a wonderful book ( or 3 or 6) you could write!! You could put the known 'doubters' into shock......

@moosey - thanks, it's good to hear from you. Welcome back little kitty paws!!! Missed you guys!

Have a wonderful evening! night! or morning! (depending on where you are and when you read this!!)

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL.............

KAT

11/17/2010 10:37:00 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from woodsmamma:

I can't imagine you offending anyone. You are by far amongst those in this group whom I hold in the highest regard.

11/19/2010 7:01:27 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

boodicca
Over 1,000 Posts (1,347)
Essex
United Kingdom
65, joined Oct. 2010

A pressie for the full moon and a lovely weekend to you all:

Boo
xxxx

11/22/2010 2:08:36 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 3  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,199)
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from wolfyhp:
I can't imagine you offending anyone. You are by far amongst those in this group whom I hold in the highest regard.

Woodsmama tends to be one of the offended. Sort of like a female Jevovah, who blocks sinners instead of smiting them.