Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

magepersonal

I have been delving into the myriad of apps out there. albany ga singles Clearly stating these boundaries and expectations is a critical step in generating confident the relationship is wholesome and proper for you. Sophie Wessex picks up a paintbrush as she How platinum students and socialites from Hong Kong and Jeremy Clarkson, 61, is branded creepy soon after saying Send the mods a message as an alternative, and we will take care of it. jacked gay app But withstanding that, nevertheless rewards for men and women or nearby groups (e.

hookup 19

Her auto has broken down, and she requires a jump. kelowna singles club dance If you want to get in touch with me, hit me up on Facebook or Twitter. Recall, your objective is to find out about your date. adult search richmond We attempt to guarantee that absolutely everyone on our dating site is severe about their search for appreciate.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/20/2010 1:56:32 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

shilli
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,911)
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from trippy_hare:
there's an old Spanish proverb, that says "All roads lead to Rome."

I happen to hold that as true, at least for me. It just depends on how one defines "Rome"- and what one considers "roads" to be.

Didn't know that was a Spanish proverb. Interesting.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/22/2010 9:44:05 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

branmcg
Russellville, AR
29, joined Mar. 2010

Screw that, I'm still hiding.

In this country, if you're not a hypocrite (aka Christian) , you're wrong.

4/22/2010 11:53:12 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

bichela
Winsted, CT
49, joined Jan. 2008

I am a Gaian. I worship the Earth Goddess Gaia. I have been a Gaian actively now for about 4 years. I became interested in Gaia as I saw that we all are part of her body. Our brothers and sisters are all the living life on her Glorious body. that includes Animal, plant and Mineral.

I wear my Earth Harmony Amulet everyday. along with my two hoop earrings. I do my best to live in harmony with the planet.

4/23/2010 12:15:07 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
kaostheory
Reno, NV
43, joined Jul. 2009

very interesting topic. pagans are definitely looped into a category of being child like. I always respond that it is no more or less "silly" to believe that god lives in a kingdom in the sky. I have no problem with anyone's beliefs, I just wish I got the same respect.

4/23/2010 12:26:00 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
kaostheory
Reno, NV
43, joined Jul. 2009

Ive learned alot from ur topic. my fave book for elemental magick is love is in the earth and lots of rocks. Even when I was a kid I was drawn to rocks. it was natural for me to connect with stones and earth magick.

4/23/2010 8:41:18 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from branmcg:
Screw that, I'm still hiding.

In this country, if you're not a hypocrite (aka Christian) , you're wrong.

You have lots of time to find what interests you. At least your not being drug through the muck without noticing. You'll find many interesting paths also, not all are easy and some may take a lot of research and practice.

I'm sure if you have questions there are lots of people on this site that can help out.

4/24/2010 6:29:58 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

It's funny how anything not considered "normal" deserves the utmost scrutiny and suspicion. We have been extant for CENTURIES, and yes, even before the time of Christ. Ritual present in the Christian religion has been bastardized from Pagans since Christianity all started! And yes again... about the drinking of blood? I believe Shiili asked us WHOSE blood it is the Christians drink (That was quick, Shiili!)?
To myself, I believe that we are a peaceful lot. We practice what we preach for the most part, and to us, everything is sacred. We do not kill in the name of GOD, like a couple religions I know of, and we worship life because without life, we are nothing.
Our horned God (Pan, Dionysius), is a FUN-LOVING God, and because Christians of the day had to pin an excuse to something or someone for doing something wrong, poor Pan received their disdain!
Anyway... theologically speaking, if there's an arguement to be made AGAINST us, wouldn't it be wise to clean up your act first?
Our Gods do not command us to kill and take Jerusalem just because it's there, and hmm... no offense Jesus, but it wasn't us who nailed you to that tree.

4/24/2010 6:31:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

By the way... it's Beltane on the first, as if you didn't know? Yes, and I will be celebrating with Pan and Dionysius on the 1st of May. Ah... Beltane....
Blessed be everyone.

4/24/2010 7:27:45 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
By the way... it's Beltane on the first, as if you didn't know? Yes, and I will be celebrating with Pan and Dionysius on the 1st of May. Ah... Beltane....
Blessed be everyone.

Looking forward to it. The next day is my birthday. I love Beltane.

4/24/2010 8:40:01 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ms1958
Over 1,000 Posts (1,488)
Lobelville, TN
59, joined Apr. 2010

History says that people came here because of religious persacution yet people are not allowed to voice there opinion or they are condemned if not the popular majority. I believe that people whom ever they are where ever they are should be free an practice any religion they choose. My only concern is when people may be physically injured handling poisonous snakes. That is not for me but if you are adult and this is a conscious decision then that is your right. As a nurse you ask your patient if they have any religious beliefs that affect their health care i.e. diet restriction, receiving blood products, respecting prayer time etc. I wish everyone peace and harmony
what ever your belief, I celebrate life.

4/26/2010 7:04:56 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Life is the BEST thing to celebrate!

5/1/2010 3:19:35 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
jimmyj69
Warren, OH
57, joined Apr. 2010

Going through this tread I've read some interesting things, but personally I think ALL religions are nuts! I believe in Evolution. Darwin may have proposed this idea to us but I wouldn't consider him a God, just a reveler of truth! There Are NO GODS OF ANY KIND! So personally I think wiccans,satanists,pagans,witches,muslems,buddists...etc are just as bad as christians. We all came from monkeys so relax and have a

5/1/2010 8:32:04 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
35, joined Jun. 2009

Going through this tread I've read some interesting things, but personally I think ALL religions are nuts!

How enlightened of you.

I believe in Evolution.

Not all religions consider evolution to be heresy. Most don't see any conflict at all, it's only the Big Three Monotheisms that have an issue with evolution.

Darwin may have proposed this idea to us but I wouldn't consider him a God, just a reveler of truth!

I was unaware of any cult that worshiped Darwin...

There Are NO GODS OF ANY KIND!

In your opinion, of course. Right? Because trying to insist that as a fact would make you exactly the kind of bigot you are advocating against. No way you'd do that, huh?

So personally I think wiccans,satanists,pagans,witches,muslems,buddists...etc are just as bad as christians.

And your years of meticulous research into each faith and close relationships with adherents of them have led you to this conclusion, I'm sure.

We all came from monkeys so relax and have a

Huh. I don't know what dumbed-down nonsense evolution you buy into, but Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection- combined with archaeological and anthropological evidence- most certainly does NOT state that humans evolved from monkeys. Care to try again?

5/1/2010 9:20:18 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Well said Trippy. Saved me the trouble this morning.

5/1/2010 11:25:49 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
35, joined Jun. 2009

No problem. I needed something to do while the coffee was brewing.

5/2/2010 6:02:24 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Are you fervent in the Path of your Choice? - Only if I'm overly excited.
When were your eyes "opened?" 2005
Do we "tolerate" other religions because of the way we were persecuted and burned, and does it matter to you how others see you?
I am not a tolerant individual, also I personally hate the way we use that word. I am an accepting individual, well relatively lol. Tolerance is how well you can withstand damage and poisons. I don't tolerate poisons, I much prefer disposing of them in whatever manner most suits (be it correcting misinformation, debating politely, arguing, or handing someone their head and telling them to get lost.)

How others see me is only slighly important. I want the respect of those I respect, everyone else we can mutually ignore each other and be quite happy about it.

5/2/2010 6:06:47 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

how do you delete a post on here?

[Edited 5/2/2010 6:07:52 AM ]

5/2/2010 6:12:02 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from jimy01:
During the days when we were abused, in America they hung witches, and they crushed one to death. However in Europe, they did burn, whether you were an avowed witch or not, if they thought you were and wanted you to be, then you were going to burn. In Cologne, they burned 9,000 witches in one day! Many of the "witches" were children some 9 years of age clinging to their parents. In one report, it was said that the square in Cologne looked like a little forest because of all the erect stakes, and all the fodder needed to set the fires.
I am grateful that we don not have to succumb to this anymore and that we have the right to practice our chosen paths.
Theological debates usually end up with one side finally putting the hammer down and professing their faith blindly even to dogmatic details. Just because a certain church says so and so was "assumed up to Heaven," where is the proof of this? There is none; it's all a matter of faith, and people from those religions HAVE to adhere to these dogmatic ideals because their church says so.

Thats a falcity. There was a grand total of about 40,000 witches killed for the entire several hundred year long period. Tales of 500 witches killed in one day (or higher as in yours) are either hysteria or propaganda depending on their sources.
If I remember correctly the tale I remember of 500 witches killed in one day was along the lines of propaganda.

5/2/2010 6:18:05 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from shilli:
All living creatures have the power of creation. Unconditional love doesn’t come from one source, it comes from anyone able to manifest it. We all must learn to work together. All religions have a form of mysticism. All religions have their mysteries. The Greeks for instance even call them “Mystery Religions”. Searching for ones own truth should never be considered a diversion to another’s understanding. I hope the friendship you grew to love always brings truth and light to your life.

Mystery cults actually. They were along side the public face of the religion rather than a seperate religion.
Mystery cults were passed on through sacred rituals, the core couldn't be explained rationally or written down it had to be experienced first hand. Different Cults in Greece were said to give different benefits to the afterlife, some people joined multiple cults. I believe there is a record of one man who claimed to be a member of every Mystery Cult in the city (don't remember which city. sorry.)

5/2/2010 6:27:22 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from dochollyday:
Perhaps it would be more acceptable if certain things in the Wiccan religion did not have such negative connotations. Example: "witch", "coven", "spells", and the use of the "pentagram"

The Wiccan Rede and Threefold Law:
"Rede" is derived from an Old English word "roedan" which means to guide or direct. One common version of the Rede is:

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

"An" and "wilt" are Old English words for "if" and "want to."
["If it harm none, do what you want."]

The Rede states that a Wiccan is free to do what ever they want to, as long as it does not harm themselves or anyone else. Harm is normally considered to include manipulation, domination, attempts to control, physically injure, emotionally harm, or hurt another person or group in any way.

The Threefold Law (a.k.a. the Law of Return) adds a reward for those who follow the Wiccan Rede, and a punishment for those who violate it. The law states that:

"All good that a person does to another returns three fold in this life; harm is also returned three fold."

(similar to other religions)

The Rede and Law obviously prevent a Witch/Wiccan from doing harm to themselves or to others, taking harmful drugs, etc. "This belief constantly reminds us that there are many consequences to our actions and we must consider all possible outcomes before acting. The Wiccan Rede thereby binds Wiccans to do the right thing."

Comparing the Wiccan Rede with behavioral rules of other religions:
The Wiccan Rede is one of many Ethics of Reciprocity which are found in essentially ALL of the world's religious texts. In Christianity, the Ethic of Reciprocity is sometimes called the Golden Rule. It urges believers to treat other people decently. For example, in Christianity, three of the 50 or so Gospels which circulated in the 1st century CE state:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12, King James Version.
"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31, King James Version.

History of the Wiccan Rede within Wicca:
John Coughlin researched the writings of Gerald Gardner (1884-1964) and Doreen Valiente (1922-1999). These are the two individuals who are generally regarded as the founders of modern Wicca. He found the first reference to a ethical criteria similar to the Wiccan Rede in Gardner's third book: "The Meaning of Witchcraft." 5 He wrote that Wiccans:

"...are inclined to the morality of the legendary Good King Pausol [sic], 'Do what you like so long as you harm no one.' But they believe a certain law to be important, 'You must not use magic for anything which will cause harm to anyone, and if, to prevent a greater wrong being done, you must discommode someone, you must do it only in a way which will abate the harm'." 6

It appears that King Pausole was a character in a novel by a French writer, Pierre Louys, called "The Adventures of King Pausole," published in 1901.

"Demanding tolerance between covens as well as toward the outside world, Doreen spoke the Anglo-Saxon witch formula called the Wiccan Rede or wise teaching: 'Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil, An' it harm none, do what ye will'."

Aleister Crowley supposedly adopted the Wiccan Rede into his teachings, but he obviously did not adhere to them. His life was filled with sexual perversions, drugs, black majik, and violence.

Actually its the other way around. Gardner got it from Crowley.
Crowley's "Do what thy Will shall be the whole of the Law, Love under Will", came first.
Crowley believed that we each have a spiritual will we wish to complete in this life, and that no person's Will could not conflict with another's, thus if we were all doing our spiritual Will the world would flow in harmony.
Also the Wiccan Rede is commonly misinterpreted. Rede is Counsel, advice. It says that if it doesn't harm anyone to do whatever you want. It doesn't actually say what to do if it DOES harm someone.
The 3 Fold rule is sometimes claimed to be a method of Gardner's to make Wicca look nicer to other religious groups; its also said by others that the 3 refers to 3 areas, not being multiplied by 3. The three areas makes far more sense mathematically. 3 = Mental, Physical, Astral/magical.
The three areas where you might recieve a personal effect for your deeds whether those deeds be for good or ill.
One example was if you kick a puppy - you might feel bad, thats mental. You might get in legal trouble or be bitten, thats physical. I don't remember if they continued it to the astral in that example.

5/2/2010 6:59:13 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

I lifted this quote from an article called "Bringing Jesus Down From the Cross, pt. II:"
"The chronicler of Treves reported that in the year 1586, the entire female population of two villages was wiped out by the inquisitors, except for only two women left alive. A hundred and thirty-three persons were burned in a single day at Quedlinburg in 1589, out of a town of 12,000. Henri Boguet said Germany in 1590 was "almost entirely occupied with building fires (for witches); and Switzerland has been compelled to wipe out many of her villages on their account. Travelers in Lorraine may see thousands and thousands of the stakes to which witches are bound." In 1524, one thousand witches died at Como. Strasbourg burned five thousand in a period of 20 years. The Senate of Savoy condemned 800 witches at one time. Param stated that over thirty thousand were executed in the 15th century. Nicholas Remy said he personally sentenced 800 witches in 15 years and in one year alone forced sixteen witches to suicide. A bishop of Bamberg claimed 600 witches in 10 years; a bishop of Nancy, 800 in 16 years; a bishop of Wurtzburg, 1900 in 5 years. Five hundred were executed within three months at Geneva and 400 in a single day at Toulouse. The city of Traves burned 7,000 witches. The Lutheran prelate Benedict Carpzov, who claimed to have read the Bible 53 times, sentenced 20,000 devil-worshippers. Even relatively permissive England killed 30,000 witches between 1542 and 1736. The slaughter went on throughout Christian Europe for nearly five centuries."

Perhaps I had my numbers mixed up, for which I wish to express my apologies, and not meant on my part to be a purposeful misleading. Apparently 500 were executed in a day, and I may have viewed the 9000 number as the total number of executions during a particular time span.
But apparently more than 40,000 were executed.

5/2/2010 7:14:58 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Wonderful and VERY educational insights from many of you.
THIS is what opens understanding between religions and beliefs. To me the presence of a spiritual entity is what binds a group that leads them down that particular spiritual path. Although Wicca is a young religion, it's roots (ritual, etc.) go back quite a ways; the Druids, although they left no written record of their religious workings, obviously had a ripe orally passed on belief that has, may or may not have, been adopted by present day Pagans as the focus of their modern worship.
There is NO right or wrong religion or faith; it is what hysteria does to the populace that makes it harmful to worship whomsoever you wish.
It is to our BENEFIT that we, alive in these present times, are not subjected to such overt persecutions as many of the innocents back in the day who were systematically executed merely because someone SAID he or she was a witch.
By the way, using terms such as "Witch," "Coven," "Pentagram," etc. is basically the same as saying "Christian," "Church, and "Crucifix."
Speaking for myself, I take a certain measure of pride in my Craft, similar to the way a Christian would take for his or her faith. My 5-pointed star symbolizes the four elements all manifesting to the spirit (the top point), and held together in a circle that to me symbolizes Life.
I am learning everyday, and it's wonderful that this thread, started some months ago, is beginning to bring participants who are free to express, correct, and explain their views.
Blessed be, and Happy Beltane by the way.

5/2/2010 6:43:27 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from jimy01:
I lifted this quote from an article called "Bringing Jesus Down From the Cross, pt. II:"
"The chronicler of Treves reported that in the year 1586, the entire female population of two villages was wiped out by the inquisitors, except for only two women left alive. A hundred and thirty-three persons were burned in a single day at Quedlinburg in 1589, out of a town of 12,000. Henri Boguet said Germany in 1590 was "almost entirely occupied with building fires (for witches); and Switzerland has been compelled to wipe out many of her villages on their account. Travelers in Lorraine may see thousands and thousands of the stakes to which witches are bound." In 1524, one thousand witches died at Como. Strasbourg burned five thousand in a period of 20 years. The Senate of Savoy condemned 800 witches at one time. Param stated that over thirty thousand were executed in the 15th century. Nicholas Remy said he personally sentenced 800 witches in 15 years and in one year alone forced sixteen witches to suicide. A bishop of Bamberg claimed 600 witches in 10 years; a bishop of Nancy, 800 in 16 years; a bishop of Wurtzburg, 1900 in 5 years. Five hundred were executed within three months at Geneva and 400 in a single day at Toulouse. The city of Traves burned 7,000 witches. The Lutheran prelate Benedict Carpzov, who claimed to have read the Bible 53 times, sentenced 20,000 devil-worshippers. Even relatively permissive England killed 30,000 witches between 1542 and 1736. The slaughter went on throughout Christian Europe for nearly five centuries."

Perhaps I had my numbers mixed up, for which I wish to express my apologies, and not meant on my part to be a purposeful misleading. Apparently 500 were executed in a day, and I may have viewed the 9000 number as the total number of executions during a particular time span.
But apparently more than 40,000 were executed.

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/witchtrial/italy.html
Several authors say the case of Como is false.

Nicholas Remy claimed to have killed around 900 witches in a 10 year period, not 15. None of the cases can be corroborated. You only have his word about it.

The largest recognized number of executions within a given period is less than 600 people over a 16 month period. A far cry from 500 in a single day.

Excuse me; 40 thousand seems to be more of a median number, my apologies. Estimates are said to indicate somewhere between 30 and 70 thousand. Recorded numbers of executions total in the entire period are around 10,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_trials_in_Early_Modern_Europe

England is only recorded to have killed around 200 witches.

5/4/2010 5:07:10 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

In the aftermath of all that death, it still proved that public and religious hysteria could have been the death of anyone: especially if you were insane, beautiful, or wealthy. I never knew anyone from this period, corroborated or not, but I feel for them, even up to this day. The thought of children being burned alive is a ghastly vision.
Numbers are only estimates; who knows how many other Innocents were murdered just for the sake of say... being beautiful and then suffering a rape?
The important part of this is not to see who's right or who's wrong; we share knowlege because we want to be better informed. The total number of Dead is unimportant for the most part (oh, it is important because it gives us a bird's-eye view), but more so because of what the WORLD had learned from it. In fact, many still are in the process of denial, looking upon anything "strange" so suspiciously.
The perseverance we live with regarding our faith is a testament to those who had to die, and we hold this "flag" up because we have the right and choose to worship whom we wish, and when, and how.

5/4/2010 8:19:00 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
In the aftermath of all that death, it still proved that public and religious hysteria could have been the death of anyone: especially if you were insane, beautiful, or wealthy. I never knew anyone from this period, corroborated or not, but I feel for them, even up to this day. The thought of children being burned alive is a ghastly vision.
Numbers are only estimates; who knows how many other Innocents were murdered just for the sake of say... being beautiful and then suffering a rape?
The important part of this is not to see who's right or who's wrong; we share knowlege because we want to be better informed. The total number of Dead is unimportant for the most part (oh, it is important because it gives us a bird's-eye view), but more so because of what the WORLD had learned from it. In fact, many still are in the process of denial, looking upon anything "strange" so suspiciously.
The perseverance we live with regarding our faith is a testament to those who had to die, and we hold this "flag" up because we have the right and choose to worship whom we wish, and when, and how.

Yes, the things people do out of fear can be some of the most terrible. The burning times is at least the penultimate, if not the ultimate, example of how heinous people can be towards one another because of fear. Even though it wasn't witches who were burned, only Christians, Jews and a very few pagans (most of whom would have never called themselves a witch) who were unfortunate enough to be an outsider in a town or city suffering from ergotism or some disease which they blamed on a magical allegiance with their "Devil" which they termed "witchery."

However, whoever was burned and tortured, it is a terrible part of human history from which we should learn. We should learn that to react out of fear often leads to irrationality, and when a group of people are all reacting out of fear, irrationality can be taken to terrible extremes.

5/4/2010 4:12:27 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ajayrcane
Boynton Beach, FL
28, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from jimy01:

Sadly things like this still go on in certain parts of the world.
Children are still burned alive, attacked with acid, beaten to 'get out demons', etc.

Personally I believe that the actual numbers are important, more accuracy shows us to be better informed, looking well informed makes our words carry more weight, more weight gives us a better ability to point out something for others and say "look what happened, let us keep such a thing from ever happening again."

5/5/2010 4:23:14 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

How was everyone's Beltane? I was gonna ask, but the thread had gotten seriously INTENSE! That's what I was hoping for! Constructive and POSITIVE feedback. So, c'mon now... Beltane is usually pretty hip coz' Pan and Dionysius are afoot!
Blessed be... Jimy

[Edited 5/5/2010 4:23:35 AM ]

5/5/2010 7:58:12 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
How was everyone's Beltane? I was gonna ask, but the thread had gotten seriously INTENSE! That's what I was hoping for! Constructive and POSITIVE feedback. So, c'mon now... Beltane is usually pretty hip coz' Pan and Dionysius are afoot!
Blessed be... Jimy

Living in an area with a lot of wild natural surroundings, nature really comes to life here every Spring. While Ostara (Spring Equinox) is about the beginnings of Spring and life starting to return, Beltane has life renewed abundantly, and dancing. Thanks to late season rains here all the hills were still green for Beltane and all the flowers were still blooming.

For Beltane itself I had small ceremonies all day with my circle. The next day was my birthday and I had a bunch of friends over. While toasting my birthday we also toasted the season together. Some friends who are also pagan brought a bunch of seasonal fruit and we (my housemate/best-friend and I) provided nice wines for toasting.

Hope y'all had a great Beltane (or Samhain, I suppose, if you're in the southern hemisphere of this globe of ours.)

5/5/2010 9:59:22 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from jimy01:
Blessed be... Jimy

Seriously wild. I found a great pair of Absinthe Grills, made by an awesome silversmith. Internationally acclaimed artist jeweler, Kirk Burkett. One is of Pan and the other Artemis,...... I really didn't imagine being able to speak with Kirk myself, but ended up exchanging emails (for the Grills). The good sisters must have been looking out for me.

6/15/2010 6:39:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

xgreywolfx
Corpus Christi, TX
57, joined Jun. 2010

The thing I find ironic is that while christians criticise and demonise the pentacle and ankh and other symbols of our beliefs they are totally blind to the fact that the cross isnt christian at all but has pagan roots. Christ wasnt even hung on a cross but rather on a stake.

6/23/2010 10:15:05 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

nick336
Penn Laird, VA
33, joined May. 2010

when my older brother first found out that i was wiccan, he was so mad that he didnt talk to me for almost 2 years. has anyone had that kind of thing from family?

6/25/2010 9:24:17 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
1whowillbme
Bastrop, LA
42, joined Jun. 2010

i got a water gun,melt you witches! kidding,don't hex me.If that stuff works, then its power of suggestion,or something to the effect.I realize that yal in search of spiritual knowlege. hope that gets you somewhere. good day

6/25/2010 9:37:58 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

rodneyg668
Over 1,000 Posts (1,732)
Seattle, WA
44, joined Jan. 2008

I am first and foremost a Dyonisian, after that I honor Eros and the Mother.

6/30/2010 4:52:39 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
amanda_ruth
Paducah, KY
30, joined Jun. 2010

Greetings and merry met, I am Amanda R. Kaetterhenry. My, believed to be illigal, married name is thorn. I say that I believe it is illigal because I have found out the man I married is a natorious biganist. I hope to get that all settled soon but for now i am trying to find inner balance and study the only two books I have. i cant afford to get things myself so a friend loans them to me. one is A Wiccan Bible by A.J.Drew and the other is Solitary Wicca for Life by Arin Murphy-Hisc*ck. i also have some material i looked up online. I have this thing about writing poems or just writings of my interpratation of what i have read. i have only resently started it and it has mostly been in poem form. i guess i do it to help me remember. i have also only just wrote my first spell. it was designed to heal my daughter of a cold she had. i didnt know what she was sick with so the spell should work on any commen cold. from all the healing spells for colds i looked up before writing it i never saw one just like it. it has an introduction and then the spell but both must be read. With that spell i assigned a sex to the elements and the corners(north, south, east, west). Its strange yes i know but i feel it works. the way i veiw the creator is two beings that make a whole. one male, one female but both equal and the same. so thus i symblize the same in the elements and the corners. from what i have read so far it seemed to me that equality among the sexs was a given in wicca. so i incorparated it the way i do things is all. i am still learning the basics but i think i am doing pritty good for a beginner.

7/2/2010 3:31:15 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

I have been a wiccan for 10 years. I never hide the fact that I am one. I live for the day when the festivals are here.

7/2/2010 4:16:24 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

thickncreamy4u2
Berlin, MD
47, joined Jun. 2010

Soooooooooooooo,SCREWED UP,LOL

7/2/2010 8:15:55 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
35, joined Jun. 2009

If by "screwed up", you actually meant to say "entitled to believe whatever they want to, as it's a free f**king country", then yes.

If that's not what you meant, go f**k yourself.

7/3/2010 12:20:59 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

[

[Edited 7/3/2010 12:21:18 PM ]

7/3/2010 12:22:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from ladycat40:
I have been a wiccan for 10 years. I never hide the fact that I am one. I live for the day when the festivals are here.

7/3/2010 1:04:10 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from ladycat40:

7/3/2010 1:04:59 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

I love the festivals every year here in Dover.

7/3/2010 1:05:47 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ladycat40
Dover, DE
47, joined Jan. 2010

I know alot of people who are wiccan. They are geat

7/5/2010 11:36:34 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

adamisk
Raleigh, MS
39, joined Sep. 2008

i still hide they still burn our kind here .

7/7/2010 4:44:26 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
amanda_ruth
Paducah, KY
30, joined Jun. 2010

i am in the bible belt no one talks to know one here. i only know of one coven here and out of all of them only two members even talk to me. a mother and daughter and thats only cause i went to school with the daughter. so they know me. my point is no one in my house could open up and be themselves till daddy, a die hard christian may he rest in peace, passed away. it was like a great door was opened and all kinds of possabilities were oppened up to us.

7/28/2010 12:43:43 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

I have been Pagan since I "woke up" from the guilt Catholicism laid on me; that was when I was 13. Since then, I have read, studied, discussed, and debated on this most wonderful subject with Christians (that's all of you out there who believe in the Nazarene: Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Presbyterians... hell, you've got so many clubs how do you keep track of yourselves?). I wear a pentagram which has a mind of its own; sometimes I find out that it's pointing down, and I smile, and then correct. I do NOT hide the fact that I am Wiccan, and why should I? If my pentagram bothers you, what do you think I feel when I see someone nailed to a cross as you parade it upon your chest? Oh, and I don't hide my pentagram under my shirt either, and again... why should I? I've also seen answers and posts within this thread coming from feeble-minded, uneducated, Redneck (not ALL Rednecks are idiots though), silly and stupid peasants who don't realize that what they post is a reflection of themselves; so, all you morons who post garbage on what is supposed to be a respectable thread, keep it up--you'll "feel" better, sure, but then members of the opposite sex will also read the crap you write, and wow... doesn't that make you feel doubly good? Not only the opposite sex, but members of your own sex will loathe a representative of their own sex who shames them.
Be at peace with yourselves, brothers and sisters; practice when you wish and where. Tell everyone that we as Wiccans, Pagans, Mages, Witches, and ALL who have the Gift, are NOT going anywhere we don't want to go. Proudly wear symbols of your Craft.
What we do is for the benefit of our Mother, and all her Children.
Blessed Be.

8/13/2010 3:23:02 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
sabrinasols
Bailey, NC
26, joined Aug. 2010

I'm Druid. Which is sort of like Wiccan

I dislike strongly the belief the pagans are so called "heathens"

8/13/2010 3:32:48 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from sabrinasols:
I'm Druid. Which is sort of like Wiccan

I dislike strongly the belief the pagans are so called "heathens"

I dunno, my Asatruar (Norse beliefs) friends call themselves "Heathens" rather than "pagans" and identify with the pagan community. I've heard and read various etymologies for both words, so not sure what they actually originally meant.

[Edited 8/13/2010 3:33:29 PM ]

8/14/2010 2:56:19 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Well Heahtens don't always claim Druids,...... They seem to be more Germanic and Northernly. But things change all the time.

8/15/2010 4:07:44 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
ready_to_rock
Over 2,000 Posts (3,108)
Albion, IL
57, joined Feb. 2009

My Mom used to all me a 'little heathen' when I was younger.
I pretty well have to agree with her. Looking back, I guess I was!

8/16/2010 7:46:19 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

I run across this post looking for a pagan chat room, I have some strong feelings about this.I return to the town I grow up in about two years ago and thing are worse for us pagan now. We have a big witch wars going on here. It's just not a witch hunt but pagan battling pagan. From what I see the people I've meet use it as a game. I came here open and willing to teach as will as learn. It saddens me and really scare me as to what I see. I started to come out forty years ago and had to go into hiding I could not find work or a place to even live. Up on returning I find that it is just the same way. So for me I find it's best to live in hiding tell I came return home. I welcome this sight and hope that it well be part of the main post , we need to come out with out fear or hate. I don't see that happening here for along time. Here it is still the burning time.
May all the Gods and Goddess watch over each and everyone of you.

Darkdragon

8/16/2010 12:48:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jdarkdragon:
I run across this post looking for a pagan chat room, I have some strong feelings about this.I return to the town I grow up in about two years ago and thing are worse for us pagan now. We have a big witch wars going on here. It's just not a witch hunt but pagan battling pagan. From what I see the people I've meet use it as a game. I came here open and willing to teach as will as learn. It saddens me and really scare me as to what I see. I started to come out forty years ago and had to go into hiding I could not find work or a place to even live. Up on returning I find that it is just the same way. So for me I find it's best to live in hiding tell I came return home. I welcome this sight and hope that it well be part of the main post , we need to come out with out fear or hate. I don't see that happening here for along time. Here it is still the burning time.
May all the Gods and Goddess watch over each and everyone of you.

Darkdragon

Sorry to hear about your witch war troubles. Those really irritate me. We had a few going on up in Sacramento for a while, but people eventually came to their senses.

Now, you're exaggerating a bit about the burning times if you live in Salt Lake City, Utah (as your profile says.) Utah is Mormonville USA, but Salt Lake City itself is rather liberal in comparison, but definitely still conservative. It's even the home of various interesting cults, including (I believe) the Raliens. I live in California where things are usually more open and accepted, but even in Utah you aren't burned at the stake nor imprisoned anymore.

People using magic as a game and against one another is something I've seen before and something I'm bound to see again. My friend and I used to send interesting dreams to one another (connection we had) when I was a teenager, but it was never a war. I just shake my head and keep my shields and protections going. I do the latter anyway, so it rarely bothers me. I usually just don't associate with people who have such a disrespect for magic. I'm sorry to hear that those are all you are meeting locally. SLC is truly a strange place, and I only know from stories of many friends who grew up there (I was a Mormon for a year or so) and watching "SLC Punk."

But, yeah, there's a few of us pagans here, so post freely. I look forward to seeing what discussions you start or participate in. They don't have to be confined to this thread.

8/16/2010 1:04:41 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

I thank you wolfyho for the great word of wisdom and support. I will be returning to the Northwest in May the people that live in my area are more open I can walk the streets and not get a you a second look to them it just who you are. I am part of a small group there and feel safe that no one is going to burn anyone. Has for the remark of the burning times here it seam that you need to set your clocks back a 1000 year. I will never give up my pagan ways for no one.
May we all find peace and be able to life open without any fears. I serve a older Gods
All man be free and pray to your own Gods and Goddess

DARKDRAGON

8/17/2010 9:28:33 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
sabrinasols
Bailey, NC
26, joined Aug. 2010

There are more than one type of Druid. Plus, now there's neo-druidry.

8/18/2010 5:18:28 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from sabrinasols:
There are more than one type of Druid. Plus, now there's neo-druidry.

Most definitely there are more than one type of Druid. I was just being semantical with my "heathen" comment anyway. Modern Heathens and modern Pagans have a lot in common, sometimes even the same deities and ceremonies. I don't care if someone wants to say I'm pagan, or, less accurately, heathen, just as long as they mean it in a nice way.

8/19/2010 4:28:41 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
sabrinasols
Bailey, NC
26, joined Aug. 2010

Yeah, although I don't understand how heathen can be used as anything other than an insult. Heathen is disrespectful and just means someone doesn't know- or care to know- a different religion

8/21/2010 3:28:19 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  
bluv4u
Hamilton, TX
33, joined Aug. 2010

My first book having anything to do with Occult Studies was Crowley's book, Magick without Tears. Ever read it before?

9/5/2010 10:16:08 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

You know all those handles? (Heathen, Idolater, Pagan, etc.) It's kind of a backfiring thing for those who are less oriented in our peaceful ways. Of course I'm a Heathen! Of course I'm an Idolater, and of SERIOUSLY course am I a Pagan! There will always be those out there who profess "The One True God" and try to make a point of it by banging their heads on that big book of faery-tales called the Bible. Who's the more less-informed? We who practice quietly in order to aid our Mother and help her live longer? Or those who ACTUALLY BELIEVE--with ALL their hearts, mind you--that this world was created in 7 days? Sounds like confusion to me. Hypocrisy? And they burned US?!

9/6/2010 10:34:28 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

rainbowildchild
Nashua, NH
34, joined Mar. 2010

I'm a beginner wiccan with cerebral palsy. I'm looking for friends who are wiccan or pagans too. My town doesn't have many wiccans. rainbowildchild

9/6/2010 10:52:14 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from rainbowildchild:
I'm a beginner wiccan with cerebral palsy. I'm looking for friends who are wiccan or pagans too. My town doesn't have many wiccans. rainbowildchild

There's a few of us here in this group. (I'm "pagan" but not Wiccan) Welcome. Your CP doesn't affect how I view you in any way. I dated someone with CP for 2 years and I know it doesn't always mean "mentally disabled" as well as physically. (Having had many friends with CP, I know that sometimes it does as well, but everyone has an important contribution to the world.)

[Edited 9/6/2010 10:52:49 AM ]

9/6/2010 3:55:23 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now. | Page 2  

misschasta
Moscow, ID
53, joined Jul. 2009

Life is good, Glad to see you out of the closet! Earthin A New Beginning is everywhere
earthin@yolasite