Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight mobile

Discovering much more about their work and employment will enable you figure out their special targets and aspirations, and how they hustle to reach those desires. long beach personals The great news is that you do not have to tolerate their unhealthy behavior any longer! In this video, you are going to study how to establish wholesome boundaries with these hard people today to make sure your marriage, and your own sanity, is not negatively impacted. At a speed dating event, you only have a couple of minutes to impress that lovely stranger sitting ideal in front of you. how to delete locanto account Rachel is a complete time freelance writer covering all the things from the most effective vibrators to the very best Tv shows to watch with your family members.

sites like megapersonals

That Sunday, we decided to take the train to Surrey for a date at The White Horse, a pub where a scene with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law from The Vacation was filmed. langley hookups Uncover out what first date queries you must never forget to ask, and make the most out of that 1st encounter to benefit both you and your special someone. 11). pof girls Southern regions of india singles around the decent on line cost free transgender personals.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/16/2005 11:37:22 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
dustin
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Roseville, CA
36, joined Jul. 2002

I want this thread to be about what people should do to make a great profile. Feel free to give us your opinions on what you think a good profile should look like.

Things I recommend:

- Add pictures. No pictures = no success. That is just the way it is, so get over your shyness or paranoia that someone you know is going to see you or whatever. You don't have to be a supermodel or bodybuilder, no one expects that. People just want to be able to put a face to the profile. And make sure you add multiple pictures, like 5 or more. 1 is not enough.

- Fill everything out. Leaving most of your profile blank makes it fairly difficult to decide whether to email you or not. Actually it makes it easy to decide, I just click 'Back to Search Results'.

- Use proper grammar and spelling. if you type in really long sentences,with bad spelling, and poor grammar, it makes you look really stupid and people will not want to talk to you because they will think you are too dumb to hold a intelligint conversation, and also it is just real annoyin trying to read profiles like that cause it's like they just keep talking without a break. Okay you get my point. You don't have to write like a scholar, but least capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Don't write like you're talking on an instant messenger.

- Be honest. Don't lie about anything in your profile. I mean what's the point of doing that? They're gonna find out anyway, and when they do they'll be pissed. Not a good way to start a relationship with someone.

Well those are my main things. What do you think makes a good profile?

[Edited 5/19/2006 2:39:38 PM ]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/23/2005 4:26:38 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

spankmymnky
Olympia, WA
54, joined Nov. 2005

I agree with dustin, I think that honesty is a given, a decent helping of humor goes a long way also, personally I can't help myself, it just as natural as breathing. I whole-heartedly, 100% concur with him on the spelling/grammer/punctuation issue, for some folks it's o.k. but it may could imply a less-than-average intelligence or at the very least the lack of a dictionary! Geez, I bought one for a buck at the dollar store!
(side note) Is there actually any women on this date site? I have located only a few that are current, the rest are noted as not logged in for 3+ months! Could be just me, or a conspiracy! LOL!

1/4/2006 11:20:42 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
victoriaaa
Tolar, TX
50, joined Jan. 2006

Actually, i disagree somewhat with you guys on the spelling and grammar. Some folks just aren't strong in those areas, and i don't think that it necessarily indicates ignorance or stupidity. I also spell some words wrong on purpose, and even use some that aren't real words. Examples: gonna, kinda, yessir. Not because i don't know better, but because that is the way i talk face to face. I generally don't capitalize my "i" either. Again, i know i am s'posed (heheh) to, but it just seems kinda (heheh) arrogant when i don't capitalize "you"....dunno (heheh), i reckon it takes all kinds!

I also haven't put much info into my profile either, mainly because i feel like i could say anything, true or not, and what good does that do anyone? The idea that you can tell a lot about someone from their online profile just hasn't panned out for me. The simple truth is that you cannot know someone through a screen. Most folks are as honest as they can be about themselves, but we just never know how someone else is gonna (heheh) see us.

I kinda like my run-on sentences.

3/18/2006 2:58:40 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
bythesea
Over 2,000 Posts (2,719)
Harwich, MA
62, joined Mar. 2006

I disagree also with the spelling issue. If I did in fact agree with it showing little intelligence, I would also have to assume the above posters following sentence also showed little intelligence; "Is there actually any women on this date site" lol

4/23/2006 10:46:21 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
krazz
Over 2,000 Posts (3,563)
Whittier, CA
63, joined Apr. 2006

Dustin is "spot on" with the subject of spelling and grammar. Quite frankly, would you go out on a first date with out trying to look your best? Would you not look in the mirror and just jet out the door? I don't think so.

Well written profiles are like first impressions. Simple proofreading just shows some care and is a reflection of one's self. Personally I care about making a good first impression, and hope the person I find and date also believes in that concept too. Common sense prevails.

I too am looking for some constructive criticism on my profile from the ladies side of the room.

4/27/2006 3:43:27 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
ol_hillbilly
Lowry City, MO
56, joined Apr. 2006

I agree mostly with Victoria. I like to write like I talk. Kinda with a drawl to it. I drove my english teachers crazy when I was in school (many years ago).

On the other hand. You can tell when reading someone's writing, whether they's just talkin or they just cant spell. Theres a difference 'tween knowin an misspelling on purpose and not havin a clue. ~insert rolling eyes~

5/16/2006 6:03:48 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
emtnancy50
New London, WI
61, joined May. 2006

Byth...Im here and I have to say Im also rather intelligent and when I read profiles with spelling errors I really have to wonder....Nancy

5/16/2006 6:07:59 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
emtnancy50
New London, WI
61, joined May. 2006

Steve..I have some ideas for you..

5/20/2006 10:53:34 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
krazz
Over 2,000 Posts (3,563)
Whittier, CA
63, joined Apr. 2006

Okay..... Different strokes for different folks, On this...
Slang is okay, and "shorthand" is okay (e.g. 4U = for you). What is not okay, is dyslexic typing (oaky vs. okay), and the total lack of proof reading to correct the sloppy keystroke errors. Here's is the Krazz's list. If you want to join my harem, I look at certain things. If you don't care? Neither do I.

a) If your profile is sloppily written, with obvious dyslexic typing and letters missing... I will pass you by.
b) If there are numerous (I said many) punctuation errors, and grammar errors (using your vs. you're incorrectly) I will pass you by.
c) If you do not fill in a lot of information (i.e. smoking, employed, CORRECT marital status, etc), I will not be interested. Personally, I don't care how much money you make, as much as I care what your profession is.
d) Obviously OLD picture(s)? I will pass you by.
e) No picture? I will not even notice you.
f) The profile narrative section is your opportunity to attract my attention, and the man or woman of your dreams too. Take your time, use Word or a similar program, and run a spell check. Then copy and paste it in. Run on sentences and general slop? I will pass you by...
g) Rotate your "main picture" too, for freshness.
h) Virtually no information in the narrative? You have accomplished your goal... Invisability!
i) There is an edit button to correct typing in the forums. Use it (just like I did here)! So what if it shows you edited your post. It shows you read what you typed! Bravo!
j) Freshen up your profile every now and then. Not only will people read it more, BUT it will also be highlighted with the red phrase, "Updated." That will attract more attention to it too.

Maybe you don't want me to notice you? Not a problem. But this forum is to help you write the best profile and be intelligently understood in the forums too. It is all IMHO!

Rock On all!
Krazzman

[Edited 5/20/2006 11:56:53 PM ]

7/21/2006 11:16:37 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

lynn53
Hemet, CA
66, joined Apr. 2004

A great profile is dandy...but, what about when some one connects? Is everyone going to jump in and correct their emails back and forth...suggestions, is helpful on making a eye catching profile but at the end of the day if someone is put off by grammar errors then they should be writing a teacher! Just be you...

7/21/2006 5:02:39 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
emtnancy50
New London, WI
61, joined May. 2006

Dustin right on..And people dont use the fact that some people cant spell well..they can type their profile in Microsoft word and spell check then copy and paste into the profile. If the spelling and grammar are poor..no matter what is said or what the photo is like I will return to search results. Same with an email..

8/19/2006 8:29:59 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
yammyrock
Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom
43, joined Jul. 2006

I agree with all of that, but I do understand that some people are no good at spelling or grammar and I accept that. What I do find quite annoying is people who write in abbreviations as they would in an sms/text message. But the rest is pretty spot on.

8/30/2006 11:35:45 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
ndiace
Mount Vernon, NY
32, joined Aug. 2006

I am pretty young. I spend lots of time on AIM and other messengers with my friends so, it is safe to say that I use lots of shorthand and slang. That is for the purpose of length. HOWEVER, on a profile I put my best foot forward because I want to be taken seriously. Think about it, if I claim to be college educated and such, how would it look if my grammar was off? Okay, so you are not a great speller. Fine. As suggested, a simple spell-check works. Grammar on the other hand in inexcusable. Poor grammar in writing (excluding run-ons and punctuations) indicate to me poor grammar when speaking. I don't care if you used a comma when it should have been a semi-colon. I do care if your sentence sounds like you have never gone to school.

What do I pass by? Fuzzy pictures, Pictures with multiple people and no caption to point you out, NO pictures, very little information. At least give me your age and education level. I don't care how much money you make but I would like to know that you work. Emply profiles are an automatic "ignore". Just answer the questions like it is an interview.

10/27/2006 12:59:45 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
cutiepie31
Minneapolis, MN
41, joined Oct. 2006

Put what ever your heart tells you to put. Don't lie, tell the truth. And be patient the right one will come across your profile. If they aren't fake that is.

1/9/2007 1:11:01 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
goldenangel
Morrisville, PA
49, joined Jan. 2007

okay.....by now you all know that I am new here....I just have on teensy insy (HMMMM how do you spell that word) question What if I don't have a cam and have no clue how to go about getting my pic on here otherwise?? Its not that I don't want to post a pic its just that I have no clue how. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1/25/2007 9:55:55 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
krazz
Over 2,000 Posts (3,563)
Whittier, CA
63, joined Apr. 2006

http://www.kirkart.com/images/horse.jpg
It's all for your imagination. I can be multifaceted.

I have been accused of multiple personalities, but that would be for another thread.
Krazz

1/29/2007 6:15:35 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
kailie
Fenton, MI
61, joined Jan. 2007

I have to agree with the idea that good spelling and grammar says a lot about a person. I, for one, pay attention to that. If you care enough, you'll write it. If not, you won't. After all, how hard is it to think about what you're writing or to look up the correct spelling of a word? I spend a good portion of my workday reading what other people write, and it amazes me how poorly people express themselves in writing these days (especially in this country). And in business, it can be professional suicide. I know that when I read a doctor's report, I'm just as impressed (or unimpressed) by the use of language and grammar as I might be with the practice. If it sounds like crap, I doubt I'd go to him to perform surgery. If all you have to go on is that brief, written portrayal of a person in this arena; you still have to make a decision to connect with that person or not. So, put your best foot forward. I think it's a shame that letter writing is such a lost art. I think it's a form of being considerate of another person (like the one who's going to be reading what you write).

Hey, I have to say too that I think it's a nice, maybe even romantic (if superficial), idea NOT to post a picture in your profile; but in the back of my mind, I always wonder: "What's he (or she) got to hide?" It smacks of game playing, and I would hope to be beyond those days. High school was a while ago. If you can't post a picture, that's a different story; you haven't got the means or whatever. But to deliberately refrain from posting one because you'd rather have someone get to know you first? I think it's just cowardly. What the heck? Isn't this just about as safe as meeting someone can get? Put your picture up there, for heaven's sake, and level the playing field. Why try so hard to have the advantage? It reminds me of a little kid who holds his hands up in front of his face and says, "You can't see me." Oh yes, I can.

2/22/2007 8:39:07 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

blueeyes72
Ypsilanti, MI
43, joined Feb. 2007

Hey, if you have a specific reason for not posting your picture, put a note in your profile description. It at least shows you have a thoughtful reason it's not there. I will read the profile even if no photo is there, but it really has to stand out to get a response from me.

3/4/2007 5:20:04 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
copterdriver
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Saint Matthews, SC
63, joined Jan. 2007

A great dating profile has to have a picture. Would you go out on a date having seen nothing more than a silhouette? I know you can send them a picture later. I don't know what you look like I don't know who I'm talking to... it sounds shallow but most of us make choices based on physical attraction too. An updated picture is a must also...

I always figure you have something to hide. Are you married? Do you have a significant other?

If I put a bag over my head would you be interested?
Hey maybe that's what I need to do to mine... LOL

OK Krazz it's time to rotate the main pic! 90 or 180?

3/10/2007 12:35:42 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

craftygirl002
Over 2,000 Posts (2,076)
Tacoma, WA
48, joined Mar. 2007

I like how you think, Copter. Maybe posting an upside down pic would get some 2nd looks, lol.

3/11/2007 10:23:33 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
vianna
Scottsdale, AZ
71, joined Dec. 2006

Hmmmm, I think your profile is a bit to long. I was told that people will stop reading and go on to the next. I find myself moving on unless it was someone I was very attracted to. If someone stops to look and reads and wants to know more about you ..... then is the time to add the paragraphs but don't start with a novel. I try to keep mine short and show a little humor. Much can come later if the person wants to know more. That is only my opinion. Don't make it to short because then you don't say enough. LOL I feel if he don't have anything to say in his profile then how much conversation will you have with this person if you meet him? Will you have to do all the talking? I don't like to pull conversation out of anyone, I'd rather go to the dentist.
Viann

3/17/2007 12:34:20 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
missright27
Hazel Green, AL
36, joined Mar. 2007

But what if you don't have a pic? And since when does physical attraction have anything to do with a connection? I want somebody to be interested in me for me. Not what Ilook like. A mother of 2 that has had them back to back and has had to raise a grown man for 4 yrs. is gonna have a few discrepancies... I guess that's the right word to use.

3/28/2007 5:44:13 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
air_pirate
Lompoc, CA
68, joined Mar. 2007

"Use proper grammar and spelling, don't lie", now that is a problem. What is a poor speller like me to do, use a spell checker, have someone else check my grammar? Wouldn't that be lying, giving someone the impression I am a good speller?

4/4/2007 6:02:37 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
rlgarcia
Riverside, CA
39, joined Apr. 2007

On the topic about grammar and spelling. I agree that spelling should be as legible as possible to get as much responses as possible. I don't think mispelling means your dumb or unintelligent (no one should have gone that direction). Besides if your spelling is bad and a person thinks your dumb, then why would you want to know that person anyway. Their loss.

I do agree that spelling, slang, and shorthand can be trouble some. Only because I understand that typing is different than speaking (typo's quickness etc...) but there's no tone to words typed on screen. I mean I used to text alot and I found that what you say doesn't always type out to be understood the same way. (Playful joking can be taken literal etc.) And it could deter someone you might hit it off with, from reading about you (if their having a hard time understanding your typing). I think you should be yourself, but make it a legible as you can. And Once you get to know the person and they understand your shorthand, slang or sarcasm joking etc.. then it's fine.

So, back to the original reason for this forum. I do think iniatially to have a great Profile and meet as many people as possible. You should keep it simple and as legible as you can, so they can read how great of a catch you all are. And once you have a boat load of e-mails you can get them used to your typing style.

4/5/2007 12:02:20 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
sunfiire31
Rogers, AR
41, joined Apr. 2007

I agree with victoriaaa!.
I believe that if you want to find the right person ,that you shouldn't hold back for fear of being stereotyped, Your writing is a surefire way to express your real personality,and tells others a lot about your character. I usually can spell really well, But when I'm typing or on a computer I misspell a lot ,cause I just don't seem to hit the right keys sometimes.

4/10/2007 10:50:29 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
copterdriver
Over 2,000 Posts (2,241)
Saint Matthews, SC
63, joined Jan. 2007

I find it hard to believe that if you own a computer that you do not have a picture somewhere. You can go to Wally World and they will scan them for you and put them on a CD for cheap.

Love connections based on sillhouettes are chancy at best. If I felt I had a connection with someone and then found out later that they looked like a homeless bag lady then I would have issues with that. It's not shallow it is human nature. If I can't be comfortable with that dime sized mole on your nose with a big black hair stubble poking out, I'm not getting over it. lol

We are physically attracted to people by their noses and the immediate areas around them, don't believe me look in the Sunday paper at the brides that have their spouses in the photo and you will see that nine out of ten couples have the same nose and facial features. You pick a lot of your friends subconciously by those traits also.

I have noticed this for the last 15 years and it is very true. There are exceptions, as to every theory, but start noticing who you are attracted to. If you have publications with couples in it look at their noses.

There is a website that explains beauty features and how it can be quantified. It is pretty interesting. I will post it when I can find it again.

Copter

4/10/2007 11:56:53 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
lolar
Cumming, GA
51, joined Apr. 2007

Please check my profile and see if this okay! New Girl on the block.

4/10/2007 11:57:53 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
lolar
Cumming, GA
51, joined Apr. 2007

Hey I am the new kid on the block. Is my profile okay?

4/10/2007 2:24:50 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
queenofhearts61
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,962)
Seymour, IN
70, joined Mar. 2007

Lolar you have a great picture and wonderful smile.

I think your profile is fine about you but might give some ideas to the guys about what you are looking for in a man.

Welcome and enjoy.

Queen of Hearts

5/26/2007 10:25:56 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
fluffy13
Adelanto, CA
53, joined Apr. 2007

IF, a teacher is looking at this we would not grade good but are tryin to impress someone or we can all practice!!!!!!!!!!! im not good either. im not going to get with an english teacher. thats for sure......................... i do agree spelling is important to a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/14/2007 1:46:00 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
freeonthree
Red Bluff, CA
63, joined Jun. 2007

Victoria, I appreciate what you said, but I like to think that most people are honest with their profile info, I sure don't have anything to hide. This would be the worse possible place for someone to lie, and it could really backfire. Besides, if your here looking for love as I am, truth and honesty will really speed up the process of finding companionship.

6/15/2007 11:38:44 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
izy
Shawano, WI
61, joined Jun. 2007

Well, I am new here. I imagine that for all this to work honesty is good. Pictures are a must. Try to put into words your personality, and wants. I personally have a difficult time trying to put across how I really am.

6/17/2007 10:44:18 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
noodler
Greeley, CO
38, joined Jun. 2007

New here, but I've got to be honest..

Spelling, grammar, and incorporating a creative spin in your use of language are important to me. I do pass on profiles that people didn't take the time to at least give a quick once over to. Obviously, we're all gonna make quite a few mistakes in this department due to clumsy knuckle disease, but when someone obviously decided to bang out a paragraph with their nose in record time, it just makes for an easy decision to hit the back arrow.

Photos are GrrrrrREAT! Just try and exclude the ones where you're about 10 miles away from the camera. There's always going to be someone better looking than you are, and in my case, a whole gaggle of folks, but don't let this discourage you from using some photos people can actually make some sense of.

Stay away from font that attacks the eyes of the reader like a nuclear weapon. This site is really kewl, in that you have the option to really personalize and juice up your profile page. In the last 24 hours, I've came across a number of profiles, however, that have a background color that wants to burn out my retnas. As much as I'd like to stick around and see what the person has to offer, I dont want to sustain a serious injury while surfing the web.. especially while not using my webcam.

hope this helps someone,
noodler

6/17/2007 11:09:10 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
angelfacecute
Glens Falls, NY
45, joined Jun. 2007

People from experience just in talking to people. You might think you have a great profile but if you aren't there type they wont contact you.
Or even if you think they have a good profile. They can still lie to you Nomatter what.
Your best is to try and be yourself and just use your

6/24/2007 2:47:03 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
jon432
Missoula, MT
60, joined May. 2007

I just wanted to weigh in here a bit. I don't read every profile that pops up. If there is no picture, I will likely pass it by. I should also say that a GOOD picture is important, and if possible, there should be more than one. I like to see a persons face and I like to see a persons full body. We take clues from the way a person holds themselves, the way they smile, the light in their eyes and the way they take care of themselves. Written descriptions are vague. What, after all, is "average"? The average person consumes some 20 pounds of sugar a year (or some such number) and eats at McDonalds twice a week. I'm not passing personal judgement, but I think it's fair to say that who you are and what you look like will eventually come out. Those people who say that they don't want to be judged by their looks are fooling themselves. Before the internet, everyone met in real space first (with the exception arranged marriages). And the bottom line is that if someone is going to be shallow enough to completely judge you by a picture, don't you want to know that up front?
Write an essay of some sort. It doesn't have to be Tolstoy, but it should reflect your personality to some extent. Every woman out there wants many of the same things. I do also, but I need to know more than "enjoys cuddling on the couch with a good movie" and "wants honesty and integrity". I've never seen a profile that says "wants to party till I puke every night" and "wants a scheming, abusive, cheater for a satisfying relationship". Leading off with all the things you DON'T want is not as effective as saying who you are and what you are looking for.
On a little more circumspect note: leading off with the phrase " I have two children who are my life" leaves me with the feeling that there would be no room for me. I understand where that might come from, but the impression is there non the less.
Response?
Jonathan

6/25/2007 3:28:17 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
mas1958
San Diego, CA
58, joined Apr. 2007

Anyone want to give me their thoughts on my profile etc?

Your input would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
M

[Edited 6/25/2007 6:06:03 PM ]

6/29/2007 8:41:27 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
happyrunnr1
Mechanicsburg, PA
35, joined Jun. 2007

can anyone give me there opinion on my profile thanks.

6/30/2007 3:50:31 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
pickyeater
Bloomfield, KY
60, joined Jun. 2007

Hey. This thread is an insightful perspective in what people really think when viewing profiles. For a newcomer like myself this topic is very interesting. To write a 'great dating profile' I suspect the majority of us may have to embellish the presentation. I admit my profile could use some enhancement, it is generating no excitment. However, this does not mean I am not a good person.

Folks who dont mind a little bad grammar give us bad grammar folks a little hope.
And for all the grammartarions I say, good job! I enjoy reading your eloquent essays.

When you boil it all away, whats left is the simple truth, and that never changes.

I encourage 'correct writing'; hey, I encourage any writing at all! (wink wink)

7/21/2007 1:48:44 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
tulsabunny
Tulsa, OK
65, joined Jul. 2007

Well -- you want feedback, so...

The first picture on your profile needs a little work -- either your nose is too long or that is a picture of a four-legged human -- or ...

I almost did not go any further into your profile for, although I really love animals, this was simply not interesting to me, but of course I did go further into your profile and think the rest of it okay.

Good luck with your search.

8/9/2007 8:21:31 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
elkcityok
Elk City, OK
43, joined Aug. 2007

i agree no one says "i love you babe,but we are going to have to remember to use carriage returns and capitalize thoze I's." People are putting too much into the grammer or grammar thing what are we are F.B.I profilers or something can you tell i spill the cornflakes and squeeze the toothpaste tube from the middle by the way i type and spell?

8/9/2007 8:23:05 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
elkcityok
Elk City, OK
43, joined Aug. 2007

krazz - multiple personalities ha every one or maybe just the lucky one's (me included) are fortuante enough to have been given multiple personalities

8/12/2007 5:22:41 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

texassunshine
Canton, TX
62, joined Aug. 2007

Way to put it Copter....plain and simple!! LOL!! Lots of good points and I agree on the current pic for the "main" pic. Other pics can show other times in your life etc...

:o)

Debby

[Edited 8/12/2007 5:23:24 PM ]

8/16/2007 10:10:10 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
1954liz
South Bend, IN
61, joined Aug. 2007

I agree about not using abbreviations and word short cuts. I just received a message and he said "we'll have to go get those margs". I have no idea what he meant by "margs" and if "we" means him and I or if it just a term, like "go gets those Cubs." Be sure you write out what you are trying to say so there are not any misunderstanding.
Also, this software lets you know when you misspell a word, so take the hint and look it up.
Thanks!

8/29/2007 1:58:07 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
wastedlife
Dade City, FL
49, joined May. 2007

It helps to be absolutly gorgeous also.

8/29/2007 11:39:04 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

plenty2handle
East Alton, IL
68, joined Jun. 2007

Good morning,
I am not a teacher, but when I read profiles, I gloss over the obvious spelling errors, such as my own (nto, liek and adn). Those errors I don't put much stock in.. I do not judge anyone for their writing skills or common spelling mistakes. I know that if someone that can does not know the difference between bare (bear) or hear (here) then maybe I should look elsewhere.. But there are so many people that just did not have the opportunities that I was afforded, or had the parenting that was stressed to me to read and learn.. Its very important in life. Punctuation is not important in these venues. We are all in hurry to get one more form filled out.. It does seem as if we get so many offers in our email to try out this site etc...so in a hurry to meet the perfect person we hurry through filling out these forms.. Who has time to go to word and write out your profile? so it is punctuation and spell (mistakes ) free. I want someone, and he needs to have normal education, not really looking for a scholar..but I allow for mistakes .. We are of the human species and unless I am mistaken, none of us are perfect.

Enough... I have been successful with my writing and business letters.. so I do know how to spell, punctuate, and construct real sentences.

8/31/2007 12:20:29 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
justed57
Willoughby, OH
66, joined Jul. 2007

...I put very little stock in spelling or grammer as a indication of intellagance.

I know thousands of people that can spell ....none of them know what a

velosity modulated reflex klystron is ...no do they know the definatiion of "squiggly" in nuclear physics.

my point is ...............i don't remember my point....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh ya there are other things besides spelling that define intellagence.

I know I can learn something from every person on this earth

[Edited 8/31/2007 1:51:59 PM ]

9/2/2007 10:01:58 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
sunriz13
Claremont, NH
59, joined Jun. 2007

GoldenAngel: I'd like to let you know how easy Wally World made posting my photos. You scan any photo you want put on a CD on one of their machines. You wait one hour and pay less than $3.00 for it. You install the CD on your own computer using Walmart Digital Manager. Then, browse and upload onto the site of your choice. It was so easy to do.

[Edited 9/2/2007 10:13:27 PM ]

9/2/2007 10:11:14 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
sunriz13
Claremont, NH
59, joined Jun. 2007

Texassunshine: I so agree with you on making sure your primary photo is the most recent. I have seen profiles and met guys who keep photos up of themselves in younger years. It is very misleading and is a form of dishonesty. How can we think they are as direct and honest as they claim to be? Honestly, they are being deceitful. I like to know from the beginning I can trust someone. I won't be trusting them myself.

[Edited 9/2/2007 10:14:03 PM ]

9/3/2007 2:22:31 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
sunriz13
Claremont, NH
59, joined Jun. 2007

To anyone who will reply:
Why don't older men post current photos, especially if they think they are still such a great catch? I have met some guys who definitely are much older than their photos (I'm talking years older) and it doesn't seem to phase them that they are being deceitful. Then, there are some older men who only get more dashing, sexier with age. These are the ones who should be sure to post current photos. Why do some men do this? I don't get it?

[Edited 9/3/2007 2:22:40 PM ]

9/3/2007 7:06:10 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
krupa1
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,473)
Abilene, TX
48, joined Jul. 2007

FRIGGIN AMEN DUSTIN! Thank God! My I please add............READ PEOPLES PROFILES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us don't want the friends list or IM thing!.......This site is great without them!.....I love spending time here and I am grateful to be allowed to participate!....Great work Dustin! I know I don't have to kiss your ass....but, you have made a really great thing here........more power to you my man!

9/6/2007 12:40:55 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
lewis56us
Rolla, MO
59, joined Sep. 2007

I've found that a lot of people here use customized color schemes on their profiles. Please folks, don't put the text in a similar color as the background. It's very difficult to read. Causing me eye strain will get you ignored in a hurry. I'm trying to gain information about you, not learn your favorite colors, or that you just LOVE daisys.

9/7/2007 4:57:28 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
mrpeterock
Milpitas, CA
36, joined Aug. 2007

who cars about spelling we r not writing an essay? just be simple and ur self and if they don't like that then it would never be....we all here for da same reason to meet the other.

10/3/2007 11:57:28 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
happygirl_n_sd
San Diego, CA
65, joined Oct. 2007

I prefer someone who has made sure their spelling and grammar are correct. I have a great appreciation for articulate writing. After all, you're meeting through the written medium. If you were meeting via the phone, you would speak in a nice voice. If you were meeting in person you'd be sure to be well groomed. I think the same idea applies to meeting via a written mode, so the writing needs to be "well groomed!"

10/6/2007 7:56:12 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

pattyo1
Greenwood, IN
68, joined Oct. 2007

i think a photo is as important as the profile because i think we all are attracted to a certain type of person and certain look, and the profile is important because we may not want to date a smoker for instance.Some things can be not so important ,but other things are.

10/10/2007 3:01:05 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  

curlyann
Savannah, GA
30, joined Oct. 2007

Now I am probably beating a dead horse here but it's almost four in the morning, I cannot sleep, and I feel the need to make a point.

Yes, you can make your profiles spelling show whatever you wish, be it formal, casual, or just plain stupid (gibberish and obvious I am making dating site profiles to poke fun shit, how I hate them with a passion). But if you are to create a profile, with 'casual' typing, rife with misspellings and grammar errors, then go to talk to someone who has taken the time to carefully bring together a selection of words describing themselves as they see fit, do not act surprised when they type the same way in the IMs. Also, if they say they wish you to either write fully so they can understand what gibberish you've just slapped onto an IM so they can at least be polite and reply to you (benefit of the doubt, such a wonderful thing), please, do not get offended and cuss them out because they are using long words. You should have surmised that they would use long words by what they have on their profile, not to mention the fact that they have followed up with this typing pattern in the IMs and on forums.

As for those of you who are articulate in speech and writing, do not be surprised when you go to a profile with jumbled writing and do not get a long and intricate conversation with topics touching on subjects with the grace and ease of a gazelle. You saw the profile, they have followed up with an IM or forum post with shoddy typing skills, and they are not willing to take the time to try and act the gentled person for you. This is not with in their style, and as you may be able to assume early on, in their ability.

To sum this up, articulated people should not expect miracles from those who prefer slang after messaging them, and those who prefer slang should not get so damned angry at those of us who write full sentences.

Aside from that, I kindly ask people to post a photo. There are many 6-foot males out there who are average with brown hair. I am sure they do not all look like, nor do you look like them. Unless they honestly cannot post a photo, people will generally assume that there is something wrong they do not want to show, and that the searches do not want to see. I also agree that it is stupid to not be honest, especially if you are meeting the person you feel the need to lie to. They will eventually find out, and more than likely will be pissed because you lied to them. Also, if you feel the need to lie to them, is this the right kind of person for you?

Well, as much as I hope my cry into the dark is not taken too harshly. In reality, though, I could care less at the moment because it is after four in the morning now. My body has wound down enough to relax and go to sleep, so I bid you good night.

10/20/2007 3:53:35 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
lawvixen
Over 2,000 Posts (2,175)
Oldsmar, FL
60, joined Oct. 2007

Proper grammar, capitization, and spelling are crucial to me in a profile. It is an indication of intelligence, or lack of, and laziness not to spell check. First impressions are lasting impressions, and I delete those who have contacted me who do have an abundance of the afore mentioned. Two words PROOFREAD and SPELLCHECK.
Do you check your appearance, hair, and clothes one last time before walking out the door on a date?
Of course you do......same applies here in virtuality.

10/22/2007 10:04:07 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
onit4you123
New York, NY
53, joined Sep. 2007

I strongly agree with you , lawvixen. When you put on your coat and are ready to walk out of that door, your last stop on the way out is , your mirror. Not to check your spelling is just being lazy , and if your lazy at that , what else should we be afraid of.

10/22/2007 10:11:59 AM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
bluboy
Over 2,000 Posts (3,034)
O Fallon, MO
64, joined Jul. 2007

Sorry no mirrors, only in the bathroom. I put a hat on my full head of hair, that has to be thinned every time I get it cut.

Ohh, I missed the date part..I check to make sure the roses I'm bring her are fresh.
That the car is clean and smells good and have the tickets to the opera. Or the weather is going to be nice, for the walk along the river or in the park. Check to make sure there's gas in the 4wheelers,waverunners and the Boat. Ohhh, I better check the Bike, we may want to go for a ride along the river road. Stopping for bite to eat and a drink as we talk for hours. But, if I didn't have the toys that would not matter, because she is special and only cares about what inside of me as I am in her.

Later, Blu

[Edited 10/22/2007 11:33:36 AM ]

10/22/2007 2:47:37 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
ipoeti
Somerset, NJ
48, joined Oct. 2007

To The Grammar issue. Who are you and who are you looking for ?
Are you a technical writer then i suppose grammar would be important.
If you are rejected soley on your grammar.....then you would probaly be also rated on your dialet, accent, or even the color of your hair. OH Well.....
I write Beautiful poetry, though my grammar is below a high school level.
The picture deal....Yes a picture is worth a thousands words......I'll have my picture up in a week. So i comprimised. If you want interest you have to make an attempt .....Earl

10/26/2007 2:53:16 PM How To Write A Great Dating Profile?  
unspoken4
Naperville, IL
55, joined Oct. 2007

Believability is my issue.
I can say I'm the greatest
guy in the world--strong,
sensitive, good looking,
hard working, knows how
to treat a lady, etc.--
but this shows better in
real life not in an online
profile. There's something