Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skip the games

Although it might feel lame at very first, Dr. asian dating san jose 90 per month), too. Assume twice about providing Zoosk access to your address book they preserve your contacts on file and may perhaps later use your details to recommend good friends and connections to other members. russian girl to guy ratio He taught refugee children how to play steel drums.

listcrawler

Got a huge base of no cost sources exactly where to take totally free targeted traffic and send it to smartlinks. singles in twin falls Even so, this compensation agreement does not influence the company s ranking on our website. Right here are a few tips of what to ask, to pick back up exactly where you left off. 12238 santa monica blvd los angeles ca 90025 Your data is helping on the net marketers sell you stuff.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/12/2008 10:20:34 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
smalltownwis
New Auburn, WI
38, joined Nov. 2007

1. yes
2. no
3. unsure

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/13/2008 1:05:46 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
rphoenix411
Rapid City, SD
42, joined Dec. 2007

yes it is. its called lust of the flesh.

1 John 2:16 (King James Version)
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

[Edited 2/13/2008 1:07:00 PM ]

2/14/2008 3:35:13 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
amsterdamned
Saint Louis, MO
46, joined Dec. 2007

I told ya I am already going to hell! hehe

2/14/2008 4:49:41 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
rich101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,816)
Lillington, NC
61, joined Oct. 2007

Lust is a powerfull sin

2/15/2008 6:50:21 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
oletafive
Over 2,000 Posts (2,906)
Rattan, OK
70, joined Jun. 2007

I know that I am opening a can of worms here but if the interpretation of a man casting his seed on the earth is taken literally then it is only the man who sins. If it is taken as a lust then all sin. The guide might be Paul, Jesus, and God who say that when you feel it is a sin and do it anyway then it is a sin, you must weigh your conscience honestly though. For men however, it is specifically forbidden. Sorry guys.

2/15/2008 5:07:57 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
nowareseth
Erlanger, KY
30, joined Feb. 2008

god knows what your thinking at the time of pleasure

2/16/2008 4:15:04 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
lotsafuninpa
Over 2,000 Posts (3,361)
Tioga, PA
76, joined Oct. 2007

YES, it is--the bible says it is lust of the flesh.

Have a blessed week-end--Pat

2/16/2008 7:25:44 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
easytouch3
Over 1,000 Posts (1,182)
Mount Clemens, MI
56, joined Dec. 2007

Im a christian and im not buying it.masterbation is a natural act.would you rather have someone masterbate or find other ways to satisfy themselves.its better than having a rapist running around the streets.

2/16/2008 8:59:50 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
bamaboy1986
Tuscaloosa, AL
31, joined Feb. 2008

I would have strong reason to vote yes but the only reason I don't is because masterbating feels so natural and fullfilling but then again some sin does and so maybe this is one of them.

2/16/2008 9:47:04 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
jaymelo
Bronx, NY
32, joined Feb. 2008

sigh

2/16/2008 10:07:08 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
squidmaster
White City, OR
55, joined Feb. 2008

1. How do you arouse yourself? Through coveting what you don't have
2. Wasting Seed
3. Justification is a cop out, feels natural, like Lesbian Deacons? Lest grace abound? Don't be weak!
4. What jaymelo said

[Edited 2/16/2008 10:14:30 PM ]

2/17/2008 5:54:47 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
theoutlawwolf
Roseville, MI
61, joined Jan. 2008

I just had to answer this question. What you do with this opinion is totally up to you.

The subject of masturbation is the cause of much concern and confusion among Christians. Most of us are taught that masturbation is sinful or wrong, and many believe that the Bible actually forbids masturbation. The latter is simply untrue; masturbation is not even mentioned in the Bible. And when we consider the facts, it becomes clear that masturbation is not a sin, but rather a blessing from God that enables us to fully enjoy our bodies and can help us lead a more healthy spiritual life.

The Scripture tells us that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, and that everything that we do should glorify the Lord. While masturbation is not a sin, we must be careful to masturbate in a way that is respectful to our bodies, and respectful to God. Masturbation is a gift that we should not abuse. This means we should not masturbate to excess, or to the point where we injure ourselves. If you are masturbating until you are exhausted, or until your genitals are raw or bleeding, this is excessive, harmful, and not what God intended. If you masturbate compulsively to the point that it interferes with your work or your relationships with friends, family, and God, this is a problem. If you masturbate while indulging in impure thoughts (fantasizing about your neighbor’s wife, for example), this is also a misuse of God’s gift. Of course, this is not to say that masturbation in itself is wrong – simply that we must use masturbation in a way that is healthy and responsible.

Now I know what your thinking. What About Onan?
Many people are under the impression that the Bible specifically forbids masturbation. In reality, the Bible does not even mention masturbation. The story of Onan (Genesis 38:7-10) is always cited as an example of how God will punish masturbators; this is where we get the term “Onanism,” which refers to masturbation. However, the story of Onan has absolutely nothing to do with masturbating. After his brother died, Onan was commanded by God to impregnate his brother’s wife. Onan had sex with her, but defied God by pulling out before he ejaculated so she wouldn’t get pregnant. His seed spilled on the ground – due to coitus interruptus, not masturbation – but this detail became equated with masturbation by those who apparently had their own agenda.

There are other passages in the Old Testament (Leviticus 15: 15-32, Leviticus 22:4, Deuteronomy 23:9-11) that refer to “emissions of semen” and what is necessary to purify one’s self after an ejaculation, or if you get semen on yourself or your clothing. There is no mention about how the emission occurs, although it would seem like masturbation could definitely be a possibility. However, it’s important to note that these passages say nothing about masturbation being sinful – simply that you must ritually cleanse yourself after ejaculating. So keep some tissues, paper towels, or wet wipes handy when you masturbate.

Anyway if you doubt the validity of the above statement, print it out and ask your pastor his views on the subject. I am sure that he will set you straight. Also there are scriptures included in the above text to help you with your decision.

Have a nice day.

2/17/2008 6:22:50 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
theoutlawwolf
Roseville, MI
61, joined Jan. 2008

As part of my earlier comment on this subject I include this small excerpt.

Masturbation: God’s Gift to Us
Most discussions of masturbation don’t even touch on the multitude of ways that masturbating can contribute to our physical, emotional, and moral health. Here are just a few of the many ways that masturbation is beneficial:

It prevents sexually transmitted diseases. Masturbation is the safest form of safe sex. You can’t catch or spread any STDs when you masturbate.

It prevents unwanted pregnancies. By masturbating instead of having intercourse, couples – both married and unmarried – can avoid the dilemma of an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. If birth control is not available, masturbation is a wise alternative to unprotected sex.

It’s an alternative to premarital sex. Masturbation provides an alternative to intercourse before marriage. It allows both partners to keep their virginity intact for their wedding night.

It’s an alternative to sinful behavior such as adultery. If a man or woman is tempted to indulge in adulterous sex, for example, masturbating is a much better alternative to committing a sin.

It provides gratification if sex is unfulfilling. Many women do not experience orgasm during sexual intercourse, and some people are just unable to climax with a partner. In these cases, masturbation allows the experience of sexual fulfillment.

It allows us to reap the health benefits of sexual release. Medical research shows that having regular orgasms can contribute to overall health in many ways. Having an orgasm releases physical tension and emotional stress, releases endorphins, and improves circulation. Studies also show that having regular ejaculations decreases the risk of prostate cancer in men. Masturbation allows us to enjoy these benefits whether or not we have a sexual partner.

It enables us to enjoy our bodies and God’s gift of sexual pleasure. Most importantly, masturbation is a way for us to enjoy and celebrate our God-given sexuality. Sexual pleasure and orgasm are blessings from the Lord, and masturbation is one way we can experience them. Our bodies and our sexual organs were made to feel good; if we deny ourselves pleasure, we are refusing one of God’s gifts.

Thank you

2/17/2008 11:30:26 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
jan113
Downingtown, PA
60, joined Aug. 2007

Talking about sex in church now, they have not covered this. I am hoping it is not a sin

2/17/2008 5:03:11 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

souljah667
Glendale, AZ
29, joined Feb. 2008

It's a sin. It is a selfish deed, your intent is on your self gratification. We're supposed to rely on no one but our partner to satisfy sexual urges.

And if you can be chaste, like the Lord Jesus, then thats ok. But if you can't avoid the temptation, meet a nice woman and get married.

We've really destroyed what sex should be so at this point seeing the truth is harder then ever. But its in our bibles and in our hearts because of the Lord, repent and pray for forgiveness. Thats all we can ever really do, until

2/17/2008 6:50:22 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
smalltownwis
New Auburn, WI
38, joined Nov. 2007

Thanks for all your views. You all have a good point that is why
this is a subject I need to study. I am single been single for two
years. I get strong sexual feeling all the way to throbing. What i
dont get is what if i never marrie again that means I can never
be pleased sexual.

2/19/2008 7:39:58 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

dannydalton
Rocky Face, GA
62, joined Feb. 2008

i thank it would be ok if ya was thanking about water falls or trees. however, thats not the case. there was one that said if it was wrong God would made our arms shorter.

2/19/2008 8:54:22 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

fabianlynn
Clinton, TN
47, joined Feb. 2008

Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Mathew 5:28 (niv)

2/20/2008 5:39:00 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
62, joined Feb. 2008

This is a thought provoking question, with many thoughtful answers posted. It is indeed a very tough subject, but may be very important to spiritual and social growth. I would like to add my two cents worth.

I once heard a respectable Christian minister say that a healthy appetite for sex is like any other needful appetite, and I tend to agree. If we did not ever feel hungry for food, we would shrivel up and blow away in the wind -- prematurely When we are hungry for food and the food is well cooked, properly spiced and prepared, we even salivate in anticipation. We just have to eat! It would seem to me that the same holds true for our God given appetite for sex. The difference is that, if we are a single Christian, we look around and see all these "dishes" and if we were to fulfill our hunger without knowing and taking seriously the step we take into becoming one with that person, this is fornication -- having sex with one or many partners at the same time. And, if one feels that having sex before marriage is wrong, that would be considered fornication, as well.

I also think there is some significance in the fact that for some (many? most?) sexual arousal can occur without a lot of fantisizing, especially after long periods, but then
there is the next step in doing something about it. It's really hard to say
So, the point I am trying to make is that though maybe it is not ideal, masterbation may be the lesser of two evils.

Much more can be said here about such things as what are the feelings that exists between a husband and wife before and during sex. Are these thoughts also lust? I have even heard it said that it is possible to have wrong lustful thoughts about a marriage partner.

2/20/2008 9:02:37 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
goldangel
Over 1,000 Posts (1,252)
Hickory, NC
65, joined Oct. 2007

I am not a man ,but a mom and I no children will have what we call wet dreams
so I say some is a naturel thing.

2/21/2008 11:20:27 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

souljah667
Glendale, AZ
29, joined Feb. 2008

"Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Mathew 5:28"

In this passage, lust isn't pointed out to be the sin committed. It's adultery. I believe this verse illustrates how easy it is to fall to this. We definitly shouldn't go around with lustful thoughts as it brings us temptation. Then after letting these types of things stew in your mind, the deed is done before you know it. And thats what you should be avoiding. Its bad to look at women lustfully because of the actions that can manifest later. Thats why its better to keep these thoughts out of our minds, pray to the lord to help this.

I don't see what sin would be committed lusting after your wife / husband. But you might want to make sure your not in that relationship because of lust, of course.

2/21/2008 4:48:43 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
smalltownwis
New Auburn, WI
38, joined Nov. 2007

if u get pleasure with using a hand or a toy and not think about a person is that differant? think of the object u are using. I think this is what some of the others
are talking about.

2/22/2008 6:58:44 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
bart21nj
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
39, joined Feb. 2008

I dont believe that this is a sin, I understand what the bible says, and it refers to it being one. But I would rather someone masterbate then give into other sexual temptations and have sex of some kind, or do something they may regret later. Sex is also a high, and i believe once the craving is satisfied your thought and whats on your mind changes.

3/5/2008 8:13:23 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
mai77
Tinley Park, IL
53, joined May. 2007

IF you are walking in the spirit, why would the flesh even need to take over? Even if it did, we are supposed to tame our flesh, and not give it always what it wants, simple as that. As we crucify the flesh, we exalt the lord, and feed our spirit man. God will honor your discipline and diligence. He will bless you in other areas of your life for making the right decisions. I know we are human, and it may be sometimes difficult to deal with the flesh issues in this life.

3/6/2008 5:11:51 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
d14u2know
Over 1,000 Posts (1,907)
Gainesville, GA
52, joined Feb. 2008

I beleive that self gratification is sinful. Sexual or otherwise . We are supposed to die to self. I know that the bible says nothing about masterbation, but the thoughts that go along with it are spoke about by Jesus Himself. I prefer to keep myself pure for the person that God wants me to be with. I think that is the most precious gift that you could give your soulmate. The Lord has delivered me from drugs and alcohol and I thought I would be a saint after these were gone from my life. It has been over 2 1/2 years since my last drink or drug. In this time the holy Spirit has convicted me of other charictor defects I have. The main one would have to be sexual imorality. So now by the power of Christ We are concoring it together.

3/10/2008 9:10:31 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
hippy01
Raleigh, NC
52, joined Feb. 2008

Go Soulja, now it took a 19 year old to just lay it on the line plane and simple. It is a sin. and no need to go into long theology about this just read your bible.much love

3/13/2008 9:06:43 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
musicalrn
Texas City, TX
49, joined Mar. 2008

Hi souljah,
I think it's amazing that you have a strong conviction about this, considering your age and gender. Are you married?

3/13/2008 1:53:51 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

marcilea
North Port, FL
75, joined May. 2007

Wow! Such wisdom and restraint in a 19 year old! You make a good case and I commend you. God Bless You!

3/14/2008 6:37:09 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
towodi
Lampasas, TX
74, joined Mar. 2008

In answer to the question: Is sexual self-pleasure a sin? My body says no, but my conscience says yes. I believe that I am a 'true' Christian. I belong to God and therefore, am a child of God. Am I perfect. Not yet, but will be when I leave this earth. I try to be the best person that I can while I am here, but know that I can be better. I want others to see Christ in me and to please my Lord and God above all. First and foremost I want to be like God wants me to be, not the way my flesh demands. I give in to temptations like the next person, so we all fall short of the glory of God. I believe that God knows how hard it is to rebuke Satan. Even in the body He was tempted, and I believe He had a lot more ability to deny temptation than we do, because He was God in the flesh. I want to be loved like any normal woman and I ask myself what is worse, going out and having sex just for the pleasure of it or taking care of my need myself. Abstaining is difficult to say the least and I wonder if that is what we as Christians are supposed to do if we are single. After all, Jesus said that there is a way that seems right to a man, but it leads to death. So, is it the devil that gives us these urges if we are not married? And, I commend the young man who has posted here who is only 19 years old. He is indeed a wise, learned soul and while all of us may excuse our flesh desires as 'right', some people know that it is not. Romans 8:1 says, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. (KJV). And Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the spirit the things of the spirit. I wonder how Billy Graham would answer this question.

3/14/2008 6:48:20 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
towodi
Lampasas, TX
74, joined Mar. 2008

In answer to the question: Is sexual self-pleasure a sin? My body says no, but my spirit says yes. I believe that I am a 'true' Christian. I belong to God and therefore, am a child of God. Am I perfect. Not yet, but will be when I leave this earth. I try to be the best person that I can while I am here, but know that I can be better. I want others to see Christ in me and to please my Lord and God above all. First and foremost I want to be like God wants me to be, not the way my flesh demands. I give in to temptations like the next person, so we all fall short of the glory of God. And, I believe that God knows how hard it is to rebuke Satan. Even in the body He was tempted, and I believe He had a lot more ability to deny temptation than we do, because He was God in the flesh. I want to be loved like any normal woman and I ask myself what is worse, going out and having sex just for the pleasure of it or taking care of the desire myself. Abstaining is difficult to say the least and I believe that is what we as Christians are supposed to do if we are single. After all, Jesus said that there is a way that seems right to a man, but it leads to death. I commend the young man who has posted here who is only 19 years old. He is indeed a wise, learned soul and while all of us may excuse our flesh desires as 'right', as Christians we know that it is not. Romans 8:1 says, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. (KJV). And Romans 8:5: For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the spirit the things of the spirit.

3/15/2008 4:36:19 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
peaceseekeraz
Black Canyon City, AZ
54, joined Mar. 2008

It's probably the equivalent of making love without the intention of having a child. Fortunately it is not by the law that we are saved. For we are all sinners each of us.

5/15/2008 8:10:27 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

pamk000
Tacoma, WA
63, joined May. 2008

I think what God makes it clear in His Word is that we sin by our thoughts much sooner than the act comes into existence and God judges our thoughts. Jesus says that if a man LOOKS at woman to lust after her then he has ALREADY committed adultery in his heart.

That does not give that man an excuse to commit adultery with her which would be worse because the Bible says sexual sin outside of the body seems to be more damaging than your sinful thoughts. However, if you are having self sexual pleasure then what are you thinking about during that time? Are you thinking lustful thoughts? It is the LUSTFUL THOUGHTS that Jesus says is sin.

"But, every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin; and sin when it is finished, brings forth death." James 1:14
So it is when the lust has conceived that brings forth sin.

5/15/2008 8:18:38 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

pamk000
Tacoma, WA
63, joined May. 2008

Except we are not supposed to be giving IN to the desires of the flesh. God tells us as soon as the thought comes into our mind that we are supposed to reject it and bring it under the obedience of Christ. We receive "self-control" by the Holy Spirit who lives in the bornagain Christian as soon as we ask Jesus Christ to come into our hearts. And Self-control is a fruit of the Spirit....which means that it IS possible to control every thought that comes into our mind. It takes practice but God says that with every temptation that HE gives us a way of escape and right at that moment we have a choice to choose either to dwell on that thought or reject it and say something like: "God, I reject that thought and give it to you. I choose to think about something else right at this very moment."
The battle is in our minds. That is where we fight the thoughts that lead to sin. Right at that moment we can fight the thoughts with God's Word..."God, greater are YOU that is in me than he that is in the world. "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." "God, fill me with your Holy Spirit right now and give me strength." Just as we resist any temptation or addiction.

5/15/2008 8:20:33 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

pamk000
Tacoma, WA
63, joined May. 2008

Jan,

It's not a sin TALKING about it. It's a sin if through lusting after it we give in to the temptation.

God Bless Sister,
Pamela

6/4/2008 11:15:29 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
qtipwar
Marblehead, MA
46, joined Jun. 2008

I belong to a christian message board and this topic has come up there as well as many other very good topics. One response that really caught my thoughts was that when one orgasms' dopamine (sp?) is released in the brain and gives you a "high". The release of chemicals can become addicting just like any man made drug. Yes God created our bodies for pleasure for both man and women together. Like many other things, it is all in place and timing. For example: it is not bad or wrong to take a shower, but if one was to undress under a public fire hydrent that is open and shower, then yea that is wrong. So though we may enjoy, like or be addicted to that natural chemical release, there is a place and time that God designed us to fully enjoy it.

6/5/2008 11:52:38 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA
63, joined Mar. 2008

Some of my thoughts and answers to some points brought up in this rather touchy (sorry - someone needed to do the pun) subject!

Why do we look for intracate ways to condem our existance!

Souljah writes
I don't see what sin would be committed lusting after your wife / husband. But you might want to make sure your not in that relationship because of lust, of course.

I agree with you, wise young man!

God actually encourages us to be “desirous” of our spouses. Folks should read the first four or eight chapters and more of the Song of Solomon. This is unbridled passion. Of course it isn't just fleshly lust, but physical desire for one's spouse, fueled by deep love and longing to be physically close.

However, lusting after another's spouse or anyone else in general is the same as being “covetous” of that person or person's spouse. (one of the 10 “no-no's”, right?)

So in a sense, Souljah, a bond between a husband and wife based strictly on physical desire although not a very good foundation at all, as you have said, is not necessarily a sin, or a guarantee that God disapproves of the marriage.

To Easytouch :
You are talking about whether yours (or someone else's) actions are affecting the lives of people around you (them). This has nothing to do with whether or not it's a sin in God's eyes. How is it better to do “this” than it is to do “that” if both are equally sinful in God's eyes?

Someone else mentioned (and I can't find it now) the bible doesn't mention masturbation, but it does – but only in a few specific cases.

Leviticus 21:
And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech,

This actually refers to a pagan ritualistic practice of “sacrificing” one's “seed” into the alter fires of Molech, (one of the gods worshiped by the Egyptians and Phoenicians in the time of Moses) In extreme cases this also meant to sacrifice one's offspring!

The sin in this case was not the act of masturbation itself but that one was placing another god before the true God.

But look earlier at the story of Onan in Geneses. Heres a man who was asked to have sex with his sister-in-law, after his brother had been killed, in order to produce a child that according to the Jewish traditions would be considered to be his brother's child. In order to insure there would be no child from the union, Onan “spilled his seed upon the ground” and was killed by God because of God's displeasure in his act! (of defiance?)

I merely point this out to show that the Bible indeed mentions masturbation in at least two places. It would appear that God's displeasure is not in the act itself but rather for it's underlying reasons.

My opinion: at the very least and by the literal translation of the root words in “masturbate” it is a selfish act and I believe God disapproves of selfishness!

I only thank God for his forgiving nature! Being human is a difficult thing to avoid.

To Amsterdamned:
Why do you believe you are headed for Hell? How is it that one can believe so strongly in the wrath of God and yet, seemingly denies His sacrifice and forgiveness?

You can't "earn" a ticket to Hell any more than you can "earn" a ticket to Heaven!

[Edited 6/6/2008 5:38:39 AM ]

6/6/2008 2:06:08 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
billyblueboy
Texarkana, AR
42, joined Jun. 2008

It depends. It's never mentioned in Scripture at all, so there's no outright ban. If you're using it to fantasize about someone else's wife or something like that then you shouldn't do it. But if you can do it without sinning in your thought life, by all means go ahead. It's sort of like drinking alcohol. You're allowed to do that, as long as you don't get drunk. You can masturbate as long as you don't slip into inappropriate lust because of it. Other than that, it's up to each person to consult with his/her own conscience about the matter.

6/7/2008 8:30:01 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

respiratoryheav
Frankfort, IN
51, joined Feb. 2008

everyone has some really good thoughts about this subject. I only had one thought to add
dont people have some really nasty side effects(mostly men) if this condition isnt tended to?) my point is doesnt that make it a physical need like eating,sleeping,and breathing? It can happen in your sleep if not addressed. isnt that the bodies natual way to attain homeostasis? So how can it be sin? I believe if its wrong for you at this place in your life the lord will let you know. We each have our own walk with Christ and he address personal issues with us in due season. BLESS YOU

[Edited 6/7/2008 8:40:14 PM ]

8/9/2008 8:42:29 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
blessedlady48
Over 1,000 Posts (1,017)
Largo, FL
59, joined Aug. 2007

amsterdammed go to the web site and google this,,,mary k baxter...divine revelations of hell with jesus
u wont speak those words after seeing this,,,i promise u ,,,,

8/9/2008 10:19:24 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

sun_shine51
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,302)
West Monroe, LA
66, joined May. 2008

Quote from pamk000:
Except we are not supposed to be giving IN to the desires of the flesh. God tells us as soon as the thought comes into our mind that we are supposed to reject it and bring it under the obedience of Christ. We receive "self-control" by the Holy Spirit who lives in the bornagain Christian as soon as we ask Jesus Christ to come into our hearts. And Self-control is a fruit of the Spirit....which means that it IS possible to control every thought that comes into our mind. It takes practice but God says that with every temptation that HE gives us a way of escape and right at that moment we have a choice to choose either to dwell on that thought or reject it and say something like: "God, I reject that thought and give it to you. I choose to think about something else right at this very moment."
The battle is in our minds. That is where we fight the thoughts that lead to sin. Right at that moment we can fight the thoughts with God's Word..."God, greater are YOU that is in me than he that is in the world. "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." "God, fill me with your Holy Spirit right now and give me strength." Just as we resist any temptation or addiction.

Amen

8/9/2008 11:18:09 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

llfuzzball
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,903)
Denver, CO
52, joined Jun. 2008

Can we masturbate without lusting?

I don't think that I can do that.

8/10/2008 5:38:48 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
stormilove
Norman Park, GA
55, joined Jan. 2008

Thank you Theoutlawman. I have asked myself this question many times. I myself believe if I masterbate rather than satisfy my urges outside of marriage its better for me. Of course I could just be telling myself that because I am a very sensual women and its very hard for me to go without. I would much rather have a husband to satisfy me but until GOD brings me one. I will just keep on masterbating. I don't lust after anyone or anythng like that I just like the satisfaction of being sexually satisfied.

8/19/2008 9:28:41 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
braddoeswindows
West Lafayette, IN
50, joined Aug. 2008

It depends... not something I'd want to do in a public setting any more than I'd want to be caught picking my nose in public... as there are certain standards and taboos that some cultures have that I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Though Jesus has never personally told me to "stop that horrid habbit", though he's given me other dreams and visions helping to encourage me along my sometimes bumpy path. I think he has bigger things to worry about than to confront each of us who are "taking matters into our own hands" in private. I just feel that it's a personal choice to be performed in private if at all... and in moderation... and with proper motives in mind. I believe that if one is married, self pleasuring shouldn't be so often that it makes a guy limp and cause an interference with their normal intimate times with each other. All our bodies are different... some require the "cobwebs to be blown out" more often than others or else some of us would become premature ejaculators and spoil the whole intimacy thing with our mate (if we have a mate) who often desires and requires a longer time to reach satisfaction. For a man and wife to be not just sensual but spiritual during such intimacy requires a much more mature and serious state of mind... not just trying to get each other to climax as quickly as possible. Sometimes it might be good for a guy to self satisfy himself so that he can clear his mind of not desiring sex for a while if he's not able to be with his mate ... as well for single guys... which self pleasuring can be useful prior to a date much like what Ben Stiller did in the movie"Something About Mary"... which makes a guy more interested in the woman for reasons other than wanting to have sex with her when he's actually with her on the date. Now tell me, who saw that movie and didn't bust a gut laughing at the "hair gel" that ended up in Cameron Diaz's hair ?? Perhaps that wasn't the most spiritual of movies. But how many of us are perfect and not requiring Jesus' grace to cover our sins ? I'll try to explain more even using some scriptures when I post a reply shortly.

8/19/2008 10:00:04 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
seadog10
Surprise, AZ
71, joined Jun. 2008

Does it matter? Didn't Christ die for our sins - as long as we believe in him and TRY to be good Christians (we will fail) HE has saved us!

8/19/2008 10:04:18 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

llfuzzball
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,903)
Denver, CO
52, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from seadog10:
Does it matter? Didn't Christ die for our sins - as long as we believe in him and TRY to be good Christians (we will fail) HE has saved us!

Does sin matter???

If you need to ask this question then you need to examine yourself to see if you are of the Christian faith.

8/19/2008 10:48:54 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
braddoeswindows
West Lafayette, IN
50, joined Aug. 2008

Are we allowed to believe that the spirits of the righteous are made perfect in Heaven rather than here in this physical realm such as is touched on in Hebrews 12:23 ? How perfect do we need to be in the here and now ? Even if we abstained from sex for the rest of our lives or were granted impotence (which I've actually prayed for a couple times... but wasn't granted), I'm sure there would be some other part of my life that I'd be missing the mark on (sin). Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously... worrying that we've committed some unpardonable sin... and forget along the way to love others while we're wallowing in our sense of guilt and shame of having pleasured ourselves. It's hard for us to know the spiritual warfare going on... whether it's the Holy Spirit trying telling our conscience that we shouldn't pleasure ourselves... or whether it's actually Satan telling us that we're not worthy of salvation if we can't handle this one area of showing some self control (abstinence).

It has been engrained in us as Christians to develop a personal relationship with Jesus. He's given me dreams and visions and other sorts of guidance and inspiration and encouragements... yet he's not touched the topic of self pleasuring with a 10 foot pole as to confront me or anyone else I know who also have a relationship with him. Funny, huh ?

8/19/2008 10:49:57 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
girlnamedsue
Overland Park, KS
61, joined Jul. 2008

I would say if you feel convicted about it, then you shouldn't do it.

Your sis, Sue

8/20/2008 11:19:11 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
vb_fellow
Dimondale, MI
61, joined Aug. 2008

It is interesting how people arrive at their conclusions. For example, several of those who say it is a sin point to 1 John 2:16 and associate masturbation with "lust of the flesh". However, there's no evidence whatsoever that this is what John had in mind. Using that method, I could just as arbitrarily say that "lust of the flesh" refers to sex within marriage which is clearly absurd.

Also, the idea that spilling seed on the ground applies is also odd since that Old Testament reference is clearly to coitus interruptus and not masturbation.

On the other hand, it's not a strong argument to justify it just because it feels good.

What carries more validity is when a person engages in visually inspired lust when doing it. But interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount is a whole other topic!

Lew

8/20/2008 2:22:56 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
no_one_special
Rural Retreat, VA
65, joined Aug. 2008

I do believe it is a sin.

This verse pertains to fornication, but is pretty much the same.

1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

God made woman for the man. ONE woman for each man. So there is a woman made for each man on this earth, unless the man has choosen to never have any kind of sex. That doesn't mean that man is weird or something either. Some men just want to stay pure in their bodies.

But yes I do believe it's a sin for both men and women.

Blessings,
Char

8/20/2008 6:43:02 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

quincy_b
Ogden, UT
59, joined Aug. 2008

quote: Im a christian and im not buying it.masterbation is a natural act.would you rather have someone masterbate or find other ways to satisfy themselves.its better than having a rapist running around the streets.

This is someone who serves a God of his own creation, not the true God. And they will preach to those with itche ears. Read your Bible and pray my friend!

8/20/2008 6:47:13 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
no_one_special
Rural Retreat, VA
65, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from quincy_b:
quote: Im a christian and im not buying it.masterbation is a natural act.would you rather have someone masterbate or find other ways to satisfy themselves.its better than having a rapist running around the streets.

This is someone who serves a God of his own creation, not the true God. And they will preach to those with itche ears. Read your Bible and pray my friend!

I'm a born again christian and my bible tells me that I'm suppose to live in the spirit, not the flesh. I know that we all fall because we have all fallen and come short of the glory of God. But as a christian, I do believe we are to live in the spirit and not satisfy the flesh. That's just what I believe.
Blessings,
Char

8/20/2008 7:21:36 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
no_one_special
Rural Retreat, VA
65, joined Aug. 2008

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

8/20/2008 9:54:33 PM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  
easytouch3
Over 1,000 Posts (1,182)
Mount Clemens, MI
56, joined Dec. 2007

captpappy
u say god would see masterbation as a selfish act
God would then see the preacher that drives a mercedes benz as opposed to a chevy as a
selfish act when the chevy is more than sufficent to fulfill his needs.
when he purchases a 3000sq foot home as opposed to the 1500sq foot home that would
be more than enough for him and his family.
I know. probablly comparing apples to oranges to most people here
selfish acts are selfish acts no matter what form they take
sorry if im off topic
think about this.

8/21/2008 6:55:37 AM Is sexual self pleasure a sin?  

sun_shine51
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,302)
West Monroe, LA
66, joined May. 2008

The scriptures say Our bodies are a Temple of God.
Until I am married, I will refrain from any type of sex.

Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.