Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megaperonals

The customers who are old adequate to be totally more than dating games that have a tendency to be consumed by them see this as a benefit. online dating scottsdale az If you understand your teen is working with dating apps, take the chance to talk about applying social media safely and responsibly and go over what is out of bounds. But there shouldn t be any sexual messages exchanged ahead of a very first meeting. bacchanal new orleans dress code Rooms and foremost, dating one particular is comfortable and secure.

social hookup

Time to seal the deal—the last few minutes of a date are critical to make positive a second date happen. dating forums near me However, if they are not into fitness, this query may make you seem judgmental. This is a cuter way of saying, So, were you ever going to message me back? and seriously puts the ball in their court . omegle prank video download 4 months ago my connection ended, seeking back its not a terrible issue.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/20/2011 9:49:55 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
ladygirl22
Mamaroneck, NY
29, joined Dec. 2010

My male red ear slider hasn't grown much since I brought him in Oct. 2007. The last time I measured him he was under 5in, somewhere between 4.5-4.8. I feed him once everyday. At first when I got him he didn't eat. I tried to feed him pellets he won't then I tried to give him worms and he ate them and then a year later I was able to get him to eat the pellets. My friend has a male RES turtle and he's bigger than my little guy.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/20/2011 10:24:25 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

According to my reptile and amphibian reference book, RES adult size is 8-10", some near a foot in length, living more than half a century.

Are you both caring for them exactly the same?
Are you using a UV bulb? Are you giving Vitamin D3 and calcium additives weekly?
Those are recomendations. It says if provided with a good diet, it's a very hardy turtle, with providing enough space for large adults the main concern.

ETA: It says they are Omnivorous, but strongly vegetarian.

[Edited 1/20/2011 10:26:16 PM ]

1/20/2011 11:13:21 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
leejeans1
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,327)
Ogden, UT
57, joined Dec. 2008

Find a specialized vet for consultation?

1/21/2011 1:26:49 AM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from leejeans1:
Find a specialized vet for consultation?

Hi R !

Specialized vet? There ARE such things?

Adequate light, clean ample water and proper nutrition are all she can do. It could have been a runt hatchling, or improper care from before she even brought it home.

I even wondered if it could possibly be a painted turtle, which is much smaller and more the size of hers. But the OP would know if it has the red 'ear' streaks on the head like her friend's does.

1/21/2011 7:54:03 AM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
leejeans1
Ogden, UT
57, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from julymorning10:
Hi R !

Adequate light, clean ample water and proper nutrition are all she can do. It could have been a runt hatchling, or improper care from before she even brought it home.

I even wondered if it could possibly be a painted turtle, which is much smaller and more the size of hers. But the OP would know if it has the red 'ear' streaks on the head like her friend's does.

Hi, dearie..........specialized vet, aw, heck, everyone's specialized in something, right? Hmm.......maybe I'll go google and find out. There gotta be someone!!!!

You're right about lack of lighting, being a runt, maybe........poor diet, sickly, etc. Who knows......maybe it's *petite* sized, ??? Okay, okay, I'll try to find out more! lol

1/21/2011 11:29:01 AM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
ladygirl22
Mamaroneck, NY
29, joined Dec. 2010

According to my reptile and amphibian reference book, RES adult size is 8-10", some near a foot in length, living more than half a century.

Are you both caring for them exactly the same?
Are you using a UV bulb? Are you giving Vitamin D3 and calcium additives weekly?
Those are recomendations. It says if provided with a good diet, it's a very hardy turtle, with providing enough space for large adults the main concern.

ETA: It says they are Omnivorous, but strongly vegetarian.

My friend has hers in a tank with no UV bulb, she never did she had hers ever since they were babies and they came out fine. I never had a UV bulb because, when I went to the pet store to buy food pellets I asked the owner about the bulb and I was told that they don't need one. My turle is a picky eater. He has enough space to move around and stuff.

1/21/2011 11:31:48 AM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
ladygirl22
Mamaroneck, NY
29, joined Dec. 2010

Hi R !

I clean his tank every week or every 2 weeks that's when it gets dirty. Nope it's not a painted turtle. He has the red streaks on the side of its head.

1/21/2011 1:31:40 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

Some pet store people, even at the chains, don't know from squat about some stuff. (sorry, I know, I owned a store for 5 years and managed another one, and I ran into many who didn't read up on their stuff.)

You have pretty much all the information in the world at your fingertips with the computer, herp clubs abound.

Good luck, and hope I didn't offend, I was just trying to be helpful.

1/21/2011 1:36:03 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

It's said many times here, google is your friend.

I typed in red ear sliders and UV light and got several in agreement with me.
Here's a good copy and paste:

Chances are if you own a turtle, it is a red-eared slider. It is the most commonly kept aquatic turtle, Trachemys scripta elegans, from the genus of painted turtles. Native to the United States, these turtles are dark green with yellow lines and distinctive red patches at both sides of the head. Sliders can also be identified by their rounded lower jaw and the webbed toes on the rear legs. Although most sliders are well-mannered, some can be aggressive.

Red-eared sliders are not suitable pets for young children. They place considerable demands on their owners, requiring a lot of time and money, and can easily live up to 30 years. If you are contemplating the purchase of a red-eared slider, consider the long term commitment necessary to provide good care for the entire life of these animals.

When owners no longer wish to provide care, it's difficult to find a good home.

You cannot release your unwanted pet into the wild; without a home territory and the necessary environment, most abandoned turtles die slowly of starvation. Also, in climates that do allow the turtles to survive, the introduction of a non-native species can seriously upset the balance of native species. There is always a risk that the abandoned animal will carry and release bacteria, viruses or parasites into the environment. The consequences can be devastating to native animals that may have no immunity.

Housing

Housing requirements are determined by the size and number of red-eared sliders you keep. A standard glass aquarium is most convenient, although the use of an outdoor pond works well in hot climates. Sliders grow fast during the first years, and an adult can measure up to 10 inches, so the bigger the tank, the better it will be for your turtle. For a 5-inch turtle, the minimum size should be a 30-gallon tank. You should also place a screen over the enclosure to prevent escape and the entry of children and predators. Avoid a gravel or sand substrate as this will make cleaning and filtration more difficult. Turtles also tend to eat gravel, which can lead to a blocked intestine.

Turtles require a "dry haul-out" area. This must be large enough to accommodate all the tank residents and to permit them to dry off completely. This is an important aspect of thermoregulation (temperature control of the turtle's body). If the dry haul-out isn't secure, it might topple and your turtle might be trapped and drown. The basking area can be a flat rock atop bricks or a cinder block. Or it can be built above water level with access provided by a ramp. Your turtle might also appreciate a dark cave or a hide, perhaps underneath the basking platform, but this must be accessible to you, too.

Temperature and Light

You will want to provide a microenvironment for your slider: a replication of the temperature, lighting and humidity conditions in the wild. Turtles have evolved in conditions very different to those usually found in captivity; their natural habitat is sluggish rivers, shallow streams, swamps, ponds and lakes with soft bottoms and dense vegetation. Ideally, to allow for thermoregulation, you should provide an atmosphere that allows your slider to choose between temperatures within an appropriate range. Otherwise, your pet will be sluggish and unable to digest food. In addition, your slider's immunity will be impaired and he will not thrive.

Turtles not kept within their preferred optimum temperature zone (POTZ) usually have poor appetites and are more susceptible to disease. You should aim for a temperature of 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit (24 to 29 degrees Celsius), as long as you also provide a basking hot spot. The easiest way is to supply a ceramic heater or infrared bulb at one end of the dry haul-out and leave it on 24 hours a day. This will provide secondary, background or constant heat, with a gradient.

Your turtle must bask in the sun and get perfectly dry. This is important because warmth stimulates the immune system. You can supply an incandescent 50 to 150 watt light bulb (left on only during daylight hours) above the basking area to provide a hot spot. This should reach 90 to 95 F (33-35 C).

You will have to provide ultraviolet light for your slider for 10 to 12 hours to allow normal calcium metabolism. Sunshine through a window does not provide an adequate source of UV light because glass and plastic filter ultraviolet (UV) rays. A timer is recommended for this. Lights may be marketed as "full spectrum," but they do not necessarily emit the correct wavelengths of light. Lights suggested include: Dura-test Vita-lite and Vita-lite Plus, Reptisun and Iguana light (Zoomed Laboratories).

1/21/2011 3:05:15 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
ladygirl22
Mamaroneck, NY
29, joined Dec. 2010

Some pet store people, even at the chains, don't know from squat about some stuff. (sorry, I know, I owned a store for 5 years and managed another one, and I ran into many who didn't read up on their stuff.)

You have pretty much all the information in the world at your fingertips with the computer, herp clubs abound.

Good luck, and hope I didn't offend, I was just trying to be helpful.

Don't worry I wasn't offended Thanks for the info. Yeah I looked some stuff up on the internet. Wasn't sure what was going on if I am taking care of him correctly.

1/21/2011 4:19:24 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
leejeans1
Ogden, UT
57, joined Dec. 2008

You rock, July!! I would like to add one thing *if this is correct, July*.......if you notice some sort of secretion/bubbles from the slider's nose....he/she may be ill/sickly.

Good job, July.

2/2/2011 4:56:40 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  

thunder_lover71
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,817)
Mount Pleasant, MI
46, joined Sep. 2008

Id put some feeder fish in with it and see if it eats them I know the turtals iv had loved the fish.

2/6/2011 3:17:46 PM How big are male red ear sliders suppose to grow?  
lugnut2000
Flagstaff, AZ
55, joined Aug. 2010

Give it ample growing room, I feed mine, goldfish, crawdads, hotdogs, zoomed pellets. Pellets about 20 (2 turtles largest 8" smallest 6" same age)several times a day. Feeder fish and crawdads are nice becouse they clean up after turtles. Lots of light and mine stay about 70 degrees year round, have been down to 45 been ok. I have my 2 in a 100gal stock tank moved outside in summer with a pump. Food,light,room = growth