Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

gay hookup spots nyc

On the internet web pages are like the friend or aunt that introduces you to someone — they re not accountable for what you do just after that or the outcome. free dating websites ontario canada Offline Surveys Consumer Satisfaction Surveys Net Promoter Score Find out every thing about Net Promoter Score and the Net Promoter Question. I went on the world s worst date and the key takeaways have been he was drunk when I turned up and planned it to be in a bar that had no telephone reception so I couldn t message a pal to get her to extract me. how do i cancel grindr subscription Research Edition Intelligent market research surveys that uncover actionable insights.

privatedelight

Thinking About Beginning Online Dating Tell Me Your Stories! green valley arizona craigslist When his BaeMaker checked in with him afterwards to ask if he wanted his match s photo and phone quantity, he said yes. Commence your Independent Premium subscription now. craigslist ecuador These people today have zero empathy and in extreme instances, they are psychopaths who in no way show any feelings towards their victims.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/12/2011 7:13:51 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
mamajo47
Berkley, MI
66, joined May. 2011

My husband died last November and I just switched it to my right hand the other day

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/12/2011 5:12:18 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

silvercee
Raleigh, NC
66, joined Jun. 2011

I took mine off after 3 years and the first date with another man. He mentioned that he didn't know I was married still. ButI felt NAKED after removing them- as I had a wide band imprinted in the ring finger, so I went and bought me another ring that is about the same size - and every now and then, I still go get out my wedding set and try them on... I cherish them to much to not

7/13/2011 11:40:17 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
newtofta
Santa Fe, TX
66, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from mamajo47:
My husband died last November and I just switched it to my right hand the other day

I have been thinking about that- switching my Band to my right hand!
(does a band on the 3dr finger -rt hand symbol any thing?)

mike

7/15/2011 7:31:14 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

dragon76082
Salado, TX
50, joined Jun. 2009

I wore mine for like three years afterwards cause I just didn't feel the same without it on, something was missing besides her and the baby! I guess I felt like if I ever was to take my ring off it meant that I had to let her go......

7/15/2011 11:06:22 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from dragon76082:
I wore mine for like three years afterwards cause I just didn't feel the same without it on, something was missing besides her and the baby! I guess I felt like if I ever was to take my ring off it meant that I had to let her go......

We don't ever let them go. You do it for yourself & no one else. Mine asked me not to wear ours after his funeral. I did.
I took mine off after 2 yrs to do some yard work. Kept it off for 2 weeeks. Decided I could do it...I put it on a chain. Haven't worn that in a few months. Took his off a few months ago.

7/25/2011 2:24:27 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
bigsisfromfl
Kissimmee, FL
55, joined May. 2011

I also wear mine on rt hand now.And its been 6 years for me since loosing my husband. And the gay thing isnt true for I have been to some same sex weddings and have friends that have taken vows and have yet to see the rt hand wedding ring thing. And it doesnt matter anyways, its whats in your heart and soul.

7/25/2011 6:49:25 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

davidmf
Conway, AR
63, joined May. 2011

The day my wife passed away, I took her ring and mine and put them together in a ring box, hers inside mine, and it sits on my dresser.

7/31/2011 4:34:24 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
tokamapasay
Salem, IL
67, joined Jun. 2011

I wore mine for one year and was planning on wearing it forever until someone asked me of I had remarried because they saw the ring. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing, there's no right or wrong. Three years later and the indentation is still on my finger but don't need that to remind me of her. Hope this help.

8/10/2011 12:49:28 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

dancer7237
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,278)
Golden Valley, AZ
80, joined Dec. 2009

TIL DEATH US DO PART.

When I got home after the funeral; 17 yrs 9 mths 24 days ago.

8/12/2011 8:46:25 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
ms_strawberry_4
Dora, MO
49, joined Aug. 2011

i guess u could say i didnt take it off lol i fell asleep one nite and when i woke up next morning it wasnt on my finger and never found it in the room or the house for that matter but it was @ 4 mths after he passed from a drug overdose and on his fav holiday lol guess u could say it was a sign to move on

8/12/2011 6:53:50 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
online2day
Murrells Inlet, SC
60, joined Dec. 2010

Just a note: Europeans wear their wedding ring on their right hand. I like the cultural differences. It is all a matter of when it feels right to you to do anything related to your past life. As for me, I wasn't married for a very long time, and I still want to find my next soul mate, so if it is worn, one does look rather unavailable.

8/25/2011 9:30:53 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
condo123
Omaha, NE
69, joined Aug. 2011

My husband passed in October 2004 and I took my rings off around June of 2005. I did so mainly because they were getting too tight on my finger. I checked into having thme resized, but it was too expensive.

8/27/2011 6:15:52 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
teri3221
Minden, NV
58, joined Aug. 2011

I wear his ring on my right hand. My ring has been missing a stone for years, but i am planning to take it to a jeweler and have 1 ring made out of 2. i also got a stone for the new ring. it is a personal choice, a widowed friend of mine has remarried and she wears both rings on her left hand. Whatever you are comfortable with.

8/31/2011 5:04:57 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
be4691
Monroe, LA
63, joined Aug. 2011

15 months after he passed. I was sitting in church and it broke. ...I took that as a sign

8/31/2011 6:50:42 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
pen12
Kansas City, MO
72, joined Aug. 2011

I was married for 47 years. I had two wedding rings, and most of the time I only wore them when I left the house. So when he died I just left them in the jewerly box, and then I put them together with some things of his. He died in July of this year. He was sick for the last 16 years. So towards the end, I pretty much knew what was comming, and had done most of my grieving over the last couple of years. Do what you want. I sure do.

9/1/2011 6:50:45 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

I think everyone is different with it. Its a physical connection. I put ours away & hope that if our daughter gets married, they will wear them. Iv

9/1/2011 6:08:27 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
mustard12345
Satsuma, FL
90, joined Jul. 2011

I did not take mine off I moved it to my right hand and I wear her rings around my neck
we were married 66 yrs and I never have had anything hit me as hard as losing her has
I was also her care giver for the last 6yrs and 24/7 for the last 5yrs .Even when hospice
took over in our house she would call me to take care of her which I told her to do because
there was not the love there that I gave her .THANK GOD SHE IS IN HEAVEN NOW

9/3/2011 4:05:02 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

anniegirlnj
Florence, NJ
65, joined Feb. 2008

I decided to take my rings and a necklace with diamonds, and have them made into a ring I could wear forever. It looks like a c*cktail ring and I wear it on my left hand middle finger. Gives me a sense of peace that I am wearing his rings without it looking like a wedding ring.

9/6/2011 7:28:59 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
bdocb
Over 1,000 Posts (1,383)
Tunnel Hill, GA
58, joined Jan. 2010

I lost my wife in 91. I still wear have our rings on a chain, but it is put up. I wore them for about 10 years. I will give them to my son one day.

9/15/2011 11:27:28 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

craftyhomebody
Channelview, TX
60, joined Jan. 2009

i still wear my wedding rings because i feel safe and i feel like i am carring apart of him with me still i think it is up to the person if they want to wear them or not.

9/16/2011 5:48:54 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

wanna_dance
Over 2,000 Posts (2,691)
Boca Raton, FL
72, joined Aug. 2008

I met a woman a few weeks ago is still wearing them after more than 20 years.

9/16/2011 3:52:55 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

I put ours away for our child.

20 yrs...wow. my friend's H was killed just after turned 21...27 yrs ago. I think she wore hers for about 15 yrs. She was dating someone, he really liked her. Told her he couldn't go further as long as they were on her left hand. She switched that week.

9/16/2011 4:27:20 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

wanna_dance
Over 2,000 Posts (2,691)
Boca Raton, FL
72, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from 2shacks:
Told her he couldn't go further as long as they were on her left hand. She switched that week.

I mis-typed above. It is actually something more than 20 years.

What you wrote is exactly how I found out about how long she had continued to wear them. I met a woman when I was with a friend of mine. After the woman left, my friend asked me what I thought of her. I said that I thought she was great, but she was married since she was wearing wedding rings. My friend then told me that the woman had told her she had been a widow for more than 20 years. I feel that as long as those rings are on her left hand, she is sending a signal that she does not want to date and I would respect that and not even ask her.

Am I wrong? Maybe, but my feeling is that no one wears wedding rings as just jewelry.

9/16/2011 4:55:59 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I think that's probably true, but maybe there are more reasons than just still feeling married.

In any case, it comes out to the same thing. They're not ready, for whatever reason, to be with someone.

9/16/2011 7:16:11 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

She may do it as a protection & remove it when she's interested in someone. I didn't remove mine until I started being interested in meeting someone.

9/17/2011 5:21:40 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
redsfan1966
Jacksonville, FL
69, joined Sep. 2011

It has been 12 years for me. I had been married for 31 years. I think that you have to do what you feel. Everyone is different.

9/22/2011 7:05:58 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

russellab
South Point, OH
62, joined Sep. 2011

I think it what your thinking at the time on or off up to you

9/24/2011 5:16:27 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

geo203
Berwick, PA
47, joined Dec. 2008

That is a very tramatic thing to have happen in ones life.I have no special advise except to say you a very strong women and .my heart goes out to you do me one favor stop beating your head off the wall your to pretty a southern bell for that

9/25/2011 10:29:32 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
sds1952
Fort Myers, FL
65, joined Jun. 2008

I haven't, I wear them on the other hand. I wear his on my index finger.

10/8/2011 9:49:35 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
tsdjb
South Plainfield, NJ
63, joined Jul. 2011

(after my husband died) I gave my set to my goddaughter,when she got married( they couldnt afford the real rings)I still remember the day I gave them to her she cried she said uncle stevie had these made specially for you we both hugged and cried now that he husband bought her her own set they are put away to pass on the one of her daughters so I may not wear my rings but they will be in the family for years to come. My husbands wedding band my younest son has.

10/11/2011 11:01:23 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
lburgess12
Ellerslie, MD
57, joined Apr. 2011

I took mine off I guess about 2 years after he died, it just felt like it was the right time to do it. At first I wore another ring on that finger as it looked strange not having a ring on it after 25 years. Now it's not so strange (it's been 5 years) I still have an indentation where my ring was.

The time for each person is different, some never take the ring off, some take it off right after. You will know when the time is right for you, when you can take it off, leave it off and feel ok about it. The circle of love the ring represents is not broken, nor is it gone, it's there and always will be.

10/16/2011 7:20:26 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
riku75
Elk Grove, CA
42, joined May. 2011

I was engaged, not yet married. I wear my engagement ring on my right hand and got a tatoo on my left.

10/19/2011 11:01:47 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
campnqueen
Stillwater, OK
55, joined Sep. 2011

A month after he passed I bought a solid gold chain and it still hangs on my neck!

10/19/2011 11:17:36 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
spacefor1
Aurora, IL
48, joined Oct. 2011

6 Years before my wife passed away. We were out one day and my wife realized that she had lost her wedding ring somewhere. She was really upset and feeling pretty about loosing her. So, I took my ring off and threw it into a river that we were waling near and told her I....Ooops, I lost my ring as well and that it did not matter as we knew we were married and trusted each other 110%...we never replaced them

10/20/2011 6:08:28 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
vipir35
Over 1,000 Posts (1,297)
Courtland, VA
55, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from msabe:
I was wondering when you decided to take your wedding ring off? It has been 15 months since I lost my husband and I still can not take my wedding ring off. People ask me about it all the time. I have wore my wedding band for 27 yrs and It just does not feel right taking it off now. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

i cant say i would have a problem with it , if the guy knows how long your were married and he is no longer with us.... wear it as long as you feel. If the next guy has a problem with you wearing your wedding band.... get a new friend

10/21/2011 7:09:41 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

gf_1967
New Athens, IL
50, joined Oct. 2011

My husband passed in 2007. My ring is still on my finger as a sign of respect towards my marriage and my children. If there ever comes a day when I consider dedicating my life to another, I will simply move my ring to the other hand. I would never tuck it away completely, as I always want to be reminded of the goodness God has given me.

To the original poster, I was married for over 20 years myself. Old habits die hard, and true love never fades. Wear the symbol of your love for as long as you wish. Others who judge you obviously don't appreciate the type of dedication and devotion you posess.

10/22/2011 2:40:20 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
sss63
Ocala, FL
54, joined Oct. 2011

Its been almost a year since I lost my wife to breast. cancer, she was 46, we were together 27 years I wear my ring on my right hand, but recently have been thinking, there's a lot of love in the set and would like to pass them on to my son when and if he ever gets married,he's 24 and lives the single life and likes it, I really would like to see our rings be worn by a couple that has the kind of love me and my wife shared for so long

10/25/2011 8:20:34 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

tdlsjl
Dayton, OH
69, joined Oct. 2011

When we married he gave me a small set and I loved it, but he thought he needed to give me something more so a couple of years ago he got me a very expensive beautiful set. I wore it for a short time and put my old ones back on, I told him they were the ones he gave me when we were married and they were the ones I wanted to wear. I put the expensive ones in a safe. When he passed August 11, they took his rings off and gave them to me. I wanted so much to put his back on him as he never took it off, but his sister said not to because someone might take them. I kept it and the ring I bought him for Christmas, that I had given him the day before his first attack, put them on a chain around my neck. I was so glad to still have it as when I feel down I hold it and kiss it sending the kiss to him. Gives me some comfort, to feel it. A couple of weeks ago I decided to take off mine and put it on the chain with his. There are three rings on that chain but soon after I put it there I noticed the chain had somehow twisted together and our wedding rings were tied together, the other one was not, I took it as a sign. He gives me little signs that he is still watching over me.

10/25/2011 8:53:45 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Sss.. he may want them1 day. It may be difficult right now. I'm keeping his so our dd can have it when she marries.. size it or have it melted & remade.

10/26/2011 11:52:09 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
onefourfun
Kirkland, WA
54, joined Jan. 2010

This really isn't on topic but it has been 2 years and 3 months since my wife passed. I met someone two months ago and we have been dating steady ever since. She is a great gal and my 11yr old daughter adores her too. She noticed the other day that I had a ring on my right finger and asked if it was a wedding ring. I said yes it is. She let me know that she thought that I may still be carrying a torch for my deceased wife. I loved my wife very much. When we were married I rarely wore the ring because of my occupation and would wear it on occasion when my wife and I went out or if I went out with the guys. I didn't have the symbolic connection with it that she thought I should have but she couldn't understand why. I have my marriage certificate, my ring and the ring I gave to my wife. My commitment was in my heart and I showed her everyday that I loved her and was committed to her through my actions. I look at the ring as just a piece of jewelry now, more so than I used to. Does that seem wrong?

11/2/2011 4:16:55 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
darkangel69z
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,370)
Nampa, ID
45, joined Sep. 2011

My husband passed this April, I had been wearing both rings up until just recently. I have been thinking of taking them both in and have them made into one ring, but still thinking on that one. we hardly wore our rings do to my husband was an automotive tech and that was just not safe and I would always leave home without it and have to back up and go get it... he told me that he was just going to glue it on..lol but being a diabetic my hands would constantly swell so I couldn't get it on most of the time.

11/2/2011 8:15:16 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
spacefor1
Aurora, IL
48, joined Oct. 2011

I bought bought my Stepdaughter and I necklaces.

Her's is 14 carat gold angel wings with a 14 carat gold chain
Mine is a titanium cylinder with a titanium chain

Both have some of her ashes in them (Specifically made for this) so we can keep her close to our heart

11/4/2011 12:14:57 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
onefourfun
Kirkland, WA
54, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from darkangel69z:
My husband passed this April, I had been wearing both rings up until just recently. I have been thinking of taking them both in and have them made into one ring, but still thinking on that one. we hardly wore our rings do to my husband was an automotive tech and that was just not safe and I would always leave home without it and have to back up and go get it... he told me that he was just going to glue it on..lol but being a diabetic my hands would constantly swell so I couldn't get it on most of the time.

I am and was in the construction industry along with the hobby of working on vehicles. It is hazard for me also. My wife wore her's everyday. I will give the ring to my daughter when she grows up a bit and I too am thinking about having my ring redone.

11/5/2011 8:28:18 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
superwoman123
Lexington, KY
36, joined Jun. 2008

I still wear mine and its makes me feel close to him I have tried to.take it off but I just cannot do I been 3 years maybe when I find someone again that might change.

11/9/2011 8:07:28 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
suzie1374
Jacksonville, FL
62, joined Apr. 2010

really about 1yr. he was not the ring. i had a harder time with the word widow..i hated that word and still do. just because someone is not here in person they are with us in other ways. the breath of cool air on a hot day, a butterfly for me.
our family celerbrates his birthday and his love for us..we don't cry, for that would make it meaningless..and that his life brought saddness..and that it did not.
so it is what any person feels comfortable with..if that ring makes you happy, wear it with a smile..if it makes you sad..put it away

11/10/2011 4:47:36 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
ccamille82
Hickory, NC
42, joined Oct. 2011

It's been a little over two years, and I still wear every piece of jewelry he ever gave me: my promise ring, my engagement ring, and my wedding band.

12/5/2011 6:05:40 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
ken790
Browns Valley, MN
63, joined Jan. 2009

I never got to put mine on...my fiance was diagnosed with cancer on valentines day last year, the same day that I proposed to her..she passed away 11with months later...not in our wedding plans. I hurts very much to even look at that ring..

12/5/2011 6:19:59 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
cammie22
South Lyon, MI
60, joined Oct. 2011

Hi Everyone. I'm Kim. I live in Michigan. I lost my husband in 2000. Seems like yesterday but seems like forever. I didn't take my ring off for 3 years. Then I still keep it close in my jewelry box.

12/6/2011 8:46:50 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Some ladies I know had them made into a necklace. Theirs put inside of his & the engagement ring stone..if they had one... in between them. Very pretty.
They have to come off when we are ready. For me, in the beginning, if I took them off it meant that I didn't care anymore.. so I thought. Then I realized he is always in our hearts.if I lost the ring, would it change anything ..no. eventually, it made me so sad bc people would ask about him & I would have to explain. That was worse.
Of course, now they think I'm divorced with a young child & I have to explain. I've learned to be brief about it.. I know that I don't HAVE to explain if I don't want to. For me..explaining all of the time kept it opening it. Now, I've even said that I don't want to talk about it & change the subject.
People may think I'm 'difficult' & that's ok... at least I'm not pushy..

12/6/2011 8:54:43 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
akateddybear
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
East Stroudsburg, PA
67, joined Nov. 2011

me neither but then again Im not gay so that might explain my ignorance!!!!

12/6/2011 11:41:46 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

weaimtoplease
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,592)
Geneva, OH
68, joined Dec. 2007

I had two sets and I gave them to my daughter to give to my granddaughters. This way each will have something of their grandfather and me.

12/6/2011 7:24:27 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from akateddybear:
me neither but then again Im not gay so that might explain my ignorance!!!!

Are referencng something specific or the last part my post since its just after it?

[Edited 12/6/2011 7:26:45 PM ]

12/7/2011 10:21:32 AM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

OneForFun.... I'm guessing you will always carry a torchfor your late wife, especially if you had a good relationshhip & you have a child. Explain to the woman that your wife helped make you the person she is interested in. Plus you have a child. It may be hard for your child to just suddenly see the ring removed. Actually, one day, she may say that its ok to remove it. I think competing with the memory of an ex is harder than those of a deceased spouse. Let her know that its there until you are truely ready to remove it. It has to be for yourself..not anyone else. I've seen men who wear the previous & new wedding ring. The wives are fine with it. In a way, it show a gentle quality.

12/7/2011 2:24:24 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

An acquaintance of mine had her first wedding's ring incorporated into her second wedding ring. I thought it was both a beautiful ring, but also a beautiful gesture and sentiment. I also thought it was great that her new husband was all for it.

12/7/2011 4:11:27 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Lake.. I think that's. A wonderful idea. Mine was my Grandmother's ring, she passed away when she was 32..my M was 2yo. Its close to 100 yrs old... I'm amazed it hasn't been lost. I was the only 1 in the family who wanted to wear it.it has sentimental value to me. Should I get married again, I want to wear it again bc of where it originated . I hope my girl will wear it when she gets married.

12/8/2011 3:57:49 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
pdbipo
Bangor, ME
60, joined Dec. 2011

I took mine off and buried it with his ashes. I guess it was the part of me that I wanted always to be with him.

12/8/2011 8:24:34 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
mlrf
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Dec. 2011

we had both gained weight years before he died and we couldn't wear them at work so not wearing them was not an issue people just knew we belonged together i still have the rings

12/8/2011 9:17:05 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
franger91
Dundee, OH
66, joined Nov. 2011

i lost my wife 14 yrs ago and we never wore our wedding rings due to our jobs. we felt we didnt need rings to prove our love for one another.

12/8/2011 9:39:16 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
deb4736
Colfax, CA
60, joined Nov. 2011

I wore both of our rings for 2 years and then would take them off for work and I was always afraid of losing them. I went camping in October, 2011...an old friend from high school asked why I was still wearing the rings and I had no good answer..I took the rings off and now I feel bad

12/8/2011 11:02:45 PM When did you take your wedding ring off? | Page 2  
onefourfun
Kirkland, WA
54, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from 2shacks:
OneForFun.... I'm guessing you will always carry a torchfor your late wife, especially if you had a good relationshhip & you have a child. Explain to the woman that your wife helped make you the person she is interested in. Plus you have a child. It may be hard for your child to just suddenly see the ring removed. Actually, one day, she may say that its ok to remove it. I think competing with the memory of an ex is harder than those of a deceased spouse. Let her know that its there until you are truely ready to remove it. It has to be for yourself..not anyone else. I've seen men who wear the previous & new wedding ring. The wives are fine with it. In a way, it show a gentle quality.

Thanks for your insight. I actually never wore it except on occasion and still only when it when I go out. I have talked to a few of my friends including my sister in law. She said when she met her husband to be. When he proposed to her he could only afford a $54.00 ring. She said the ring wasn't the marriage and she understood how it didn't have the symbolism some people have with their rings. My daughter is fine with it and I have her Mom's ring in a safe for her when she gets older.