Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

is pof good for hookups

On a base level, a great deal of Female Dating Strategy s suggestions tends to make sense. dating sites belleville ontario You have to have humility and recognize that you require to enhance. The lady users at the platform will acquire six matches day to day. mature spanish ladies It depends if you has an interest in dating Chinese individuals.

listcrawler megapersonals

TWICE Chaeyoung has not too long ago started facing dating rumors right after netizens found she could possibly be in a connection with her tattoo artist, a guy in his 30 s identified as Chimhwasa . northwest arkansas singles groups Sooner or later, they even began carrying out virtual introductions with each and every others family and mates. If you have a ‘list post, it is advised to quantity the products as opposed to simply working with bullet points. columbus hookup apps With millions of registered customers, the eharmony member base is an ethnically, racially, and religiously diverse group of men and women of quite a few ages who are searching to obtain somebody special.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/3/2011 1:26:40 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

msabe
Dinwiddie, VA
59, joined May. 2011

I was wondering when you decided to take your wedding ring off? It has been 15 months since I lost my husband and I still can not take my wedding ring off. People ask me about it all the time. I have wore my wedding band for 27 yrs and It just does not feel right taking it off now. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/3/2011 3:32:16 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I took it off a few months after he died. Then I'd put it back on. Then off again.

When I finally kept it off, there was that indent in my finger that was still there for a long time. I figured it was symbolic of the mark on my heart.

6/3/2011 10:09:28 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
lovingheart55
Nowata, OK
61, joined Aug. 2010

I wore my ring everyday when I wasnt working..I am a nurse and took it off because it would scrath my patients...one day I went to put it back on and someone had stolen it from my house...I had company from out of town all weekend..

6/3/2011 10:22:46 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
oneis
Johnson City, NY
68, joined May. 2011

I still wear a RING there, but a different one, I change with different rings but a ring stays on that finger.

I had to get my wedding ring and my other rings cut off, because I put this lotion on my hands in 2003 and didnt know it contained some sort of aluminum in it and my hands and fingers were getting swollen the Medics had to cut all my rings off.

I had it sized but the man made the band much smaller. But I still have the ring, it is an emerald with a beautiful style. I can put it on a chain and wear around my neck.

6/3/2011 10:26:42 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
oneis
Johnson City, NY
68, joined May. 2011

My dad still wears his wedding ring and it has been 32 yrs since my mom passed away.

Each to his own if you want to wear your wedding ring there or not. And each to his own if you want to wear another ring there. Everyone is different, do not let anyone tell you to take it off and leave it on. Do what you want, do what makes you feel good about that RING.

6/3/2011 3:16:43 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

I wore mine for 2yrs. Tooki t off to do some yard & it was off a few weeks. I felt that if I could do it for a few weeks, I was ok to keep it off. I wore it around my neck with a few symbolic pieces until recently. Too hot to wear anything right now. I still have the indentation, too.
I wore his until this yr. It became too big. I was going to wear it on my thumb like I did my Dad's until it was stolen. His is too wide & uncomfortable.
I believe it's a personal thing & you do it when you are ready..not when everyone else is ready. It is so different than taking rings off from a divorce. I've done both. It is painful to remove them from widowhood bc it's an acceptance of the road we've been forced on...I don't know how to phrase it. When I divorced, they came off the day I accepted in my heart I was done..long before he knew my thoughts. It was a freedom to remove those.

6/3/2011 3:40:22 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
nextstep53
Westminster, MD
60, joined Sep. 2010

I stopped wearing mine around 6-8months. I wore my husbands' ring on a chain for a year. I'm going to get his resized and wear it on my right hand. My new daughter-in-law now has my rings as my son asked if he could and I gave them to him with my blessings. We were married for 32yrs, so at first it was weird without my rings. Now I don't even have the indentation on my finger anymore.

6/3/2011 3:55:43 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

For many yrs I only had one ring..the one my Dad gave my M on their 1st Ann. I've always worn that ring on my left hand except when married. Now, it's back there again. It feels like the only appropriate ring to put there.

6/4/2011 1:31:47 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
34chevycoup
Beaver Dam, WI
47, joined Feb. 2011

You are not wrong. Do what feels right to you. Only you knows when and if it is time to remove it. I wore mine for 4 1/2 yrs then took it off when in the hospital. I realized I could still function without it. I also have the indent. I wear my mothers ring on that finger now. I wear just the band on my right hand with 2 other rings. I wore his on my thumb for 6yrs. I just recently stopped. I also had a friend point out that wearing it men would never hit on me because they think I am married. At that time it was a good thing. It is a personal choice.

6/4/2011 1:39:04 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
mark667
Mason, WV
46, joined Jul. 2010

after a few months

6/4/2011 10:02:10 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

gdaddy47
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,373)
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

Take it off when you want to. If you want to make people think you're married then wear it, if not then take it off. Simple. Wearing it after the passing of a spouse is a thing one would do out of a guilt thing I suppose. Like you don't want to betray them. It's a tough thing sometimes. Wearing it won't bring them back or change the fact that they are gone. I think we beat ourselves with sentimentality. Sentimentality is okay to a point but it mostly makes us feel bad and it surely doesn't change anything.

6/4/2011 12:25:05 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

lovethelake17
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I remember being in church not long after he died. I was still wearing my ring. I didn't want people to think I was a single mother, because I was alone in church with my daughter, so I sort of flashed my ring around.

So silly. But it made me feel better, and it made me feel as if I wasn't alone.

6/4/2011 2:29:33 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

I never wore mine/ours out of guilt. His would be on my thumb if it weren't too big. I don't wear mine on my right hand bc I do not want people to think I'm gay.

6/4/2011 2:42:53 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from 2shacks:
I never wore mine/ours out of guilt. His would be on my thumb if it weren't too big. I don't wear mine on my right hand bc I do not want people to think I'm gay.

I never knew if you wore a wedding ring on your right hand it meant you were gay. And here I have been wearing mine on my right ring finger for months. I love my rings and I kinda like how the diamonds sparkle in the light. If people want to think I am gay, that is their problem. I have never really cared what others think of me.

6/4/2011 3:00:58 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

2shacks,,,,that gay thing???? Never heard of it.

6/4/2011 3:52:36 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
karendwd
Umatilla, FL
46, joined May. 2011

you guys get out of my head! LOL I have been asking myself this question for a couple of months. It has been four months and for the first few months i never even thought of taking it off. I find myself taking it off more and more but putting it on in certain circumstances - mainly when i want to feel closer. Like last night during our son's high school graduation. Someone mentioned earlier about the sentimentality - i know what he is talking about. i was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets today and found myself not wanting to throw away the cajun spices that i never ate but he loved. I threw them away. This is just like everything else - small steps.

6/4/2011 4:35:44 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
69, joined Sep. 2009

@ Karen. Good for you. Small steps and you will heal much fster. Good going mam.

6/4/2011 4:36:42 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

msabe
Dinwiddie, VA
59, joined May. 2011

It's strange the things I want to keep. I carry his wallet with me everywhere I go. I also had a heart necklace made of his thumb print with his birthstone on it. I also wear his ring on my right hand. I just don't want to take my ring off. I had been wearing his dogtags until a few months back now they hang in my bedroom.

6/4/2011 5:01:29 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
iminarut
Westboro, WI
55, joined Sep. 2010

Jini had bought a Black Hills Gold horseshoe ring for herself 'cause her original ring had worn thin and had been repaired a few times. It was handed to me by the coroner the day she died and has only been off my right pinkie for a medical procedure. At 4 months almost to the minute I switched my wedding ring to my right ring finger, next to her ring. At about 8 months I came across Jini's original wedding/engagement rings which she had fused together some time earlier. I had mine split and re-welded interlocked to hers like a chain. We just buried her ashes May 22nd and our rings are with her now. I will keep the one she had bought for herself and someday have it re-sized for my right ring finger. There is no right or wrong answer to your question...some day you may decide to take it off. It is up to you.
Bryan

6/4/2011 5:20:21 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Good answer Bryan. It is up to each of us what we do, no one else. Donny did not want to be buried with his. It has 3 diamonds in it. He wanted me to have something made with the diamonds for each of our three children. I carry it in a pocket in my purse. That way he is always close to me, when I am away from home.I am figuring out what to make for each of our children. I want it to have a meaning and resemble each of their unique relationships with their Dad.

6/5/2011 8:43:51 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

lady2stepper
Urbandale, IA
63, joined Jun. 2011

Glen passed away 2 years ago. I took mine off within a few weeks..not sure why. It just didn't feel "right" to wear it anymore Each person is different and it's up to you to decide if you want to wear it a day or forever. No one else has gone through the loss that you have- so their opinion or thoughts on it doesn't matter!

Small steps- isn't that the truth!? I still have his old coffee cup with stains and all.. and I don't drink coffee! Within 4 months of his passing, I moved back to Iowa from Oklahoma..had to get rid of a lot of stuff..gave all his clothes away to Goodwill, but kept all his Hawaiian shirts I've had memory bears made out of a few of them for the kids and myself. I hope to find someone to make me a lap quilt out of the rest of them someday.

Interesting side note about giving away his clothes..he was very particular about how he hung up his clothes-always had to be freshly cleaned/dry cleaned-never just wore something once and then hung it back up. But while I'm taking the shirts and pants off their hangers and packing them to give away- I smelled his cologne!! It was all around me

Remember this: they never leave us!

6/5/2011 10:56:13 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
lovehurts2007
Scottsboro, AL
50, joined Jan. 2011

i just took mine off a couple mouths ago.and my husband has been gone three and half years ago.

6/5/2011 5:54:45 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

peachy1954
Over 2,000 Posts (2,491)
Sacramento, CA
63, joined Oct. 2010

My husband has been gone a couple decades now but if I want to be close to him or don't want to be hassled about being single I wear my rings. A wedding ring says you were married it does not say you were widowed and since it was not my choice I don't feel I have to tell strangers my bussiness.

I don't know where the idea that wearing a wedding ring on your right hand is gay but it is an old traditon for widows and widowers to show respect for their previous mate, inlaws, and children if they have any but giving visual notice that they are moving away from the period of mourning and try to move on with their life.

Personally I think there are a lot of myths out there about being widowed that work both for you and against you. Sure gets a differeent reaction than being divorced.

As far as when to take it off it is a personal thing that I think everyone has to do when they are ready. For some people it is a year others a special anniversary or when the children are a certain stage of their life. Do what works for you. Enough choices have been taken away from you to give this one up IMHO.

6/5/2011 7:22:58 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

spoiledwidower
Hagerstown, MD
61, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from lovethelake17:
I took it off a few months after he died. Then I'd put it back on. Then off again.

I'm still in this stage, when I'm not wearing it, its in my wallet

6/5/2011 7:44:07 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from peachy1954:

I don't know where the idea that wearing a wedding ring on your right hand is gay but it is an old traditon for widows and widowers to show respect for their previous mate, inlaws, and children if they have any but giving visual notice that they are moving away from the period of mourning and try to move on with their life.

I like that meaning so much better. For respect, they certainly deserve it.

6/6/2011 8:24:46 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
lonely44heart
Columbia, TN
51, joined Feb. 2011

Hi,I took mine off after 6 months and put it on a chain I wear around my neck,it hangs down close to my heart...You should take it off when it's right for you...

6/6/2011 12:03:49 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
lovehurts2007
Scottsboro, AL
50, joined Jan. 2011

i still put mine on my left hand every once in a while too.but mostly i wear it on a chin around my neck.or sometime on my right hand.i wear a ring he gave me with too heart shapes on it on my left hand most of the time now.yes do what you want to do about it.

6/6/2011 9:56:41 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Most same sex couple who are 'life partners' wear wedding rings on the right hand.
I use to wear my GM ring or the Anniversary band I have after I divorced on the right hand. Many people asked me if I was gay.

6/6/2011 10:47:25 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from 2shacks:
Most same sex couple who are 'life partners' wear wedding rings on the right hand.
I use to wear my GM ring or the Anniversary band I have after I divorced on the right hand. Many people asked me if I was gay.

You know, I think that is their problem. I will keep wearing my ring on my right finger, in respect to him. I don't care if people think I am gay. I know what I am...

And while I am on the subject. Gay people lose their partners too, and they hurt just as much as straight people do...Just saying.

6/7/2011 12:01:18 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
okbell
Haskell, OK
84, joined Jun. 2011

I lost my husband 2 1/2 years ago and still wwear my weding rings.I can't seam to make myself take them off. I think one day it will be alright when I am ready but I makes me feel he is with me and I can't let go of that

6/7/2011 12:15:39 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

all_thumbs
Lake Wales, FL
68, joined Aug. 2010

Each of us charting our own journey through the agony of losing our spouse there is no correct or incorrect answer.

You take the ring off when it feels right for you; not necessarily when your friends and/or relatives say you should.

You may even take it off and then later put it back on; who knows how many times. This is all part of your healing process.

Wear it two months, two years, or ten years. You need to do what is right for you, that which will help your healing process.

Some may transfer the ring to their right hand, put it on a chain and wear it as part of their necklace; others may put the ring(s) away only to come out on special occasions.

The main thing is that you do what is comfortable for you and that in turn helps moves your healing process along.

6/7/2011 12:19:25 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from all_thumbs:
The main thing is that you do what is comfortable for you and that in turn helps moves your healing process along.

That is the only answer in a nutshell. No right or wrong answer, do what is best for you.

6/7/2011 5:08:30 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

wolfangeldaneen
Kingston, PA
61, joined Jun. 2011

I never took my ring off.......it is on my other hand, but it is on me. I lost my second husband a little under 3 years ago and my first husband 15 years ago........It is hard to know what is "right" unless you go by your own feelings. Don't let anyone tell you that you HAVE to take it off at any certain time......you don't! You take it off when you are ready........
Many Blessings,

Daneen

6/7/2011 7:44:52 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

msabe
Dinwiddie, VA
59, joined May. 2011

Thank you everyone for you input. I just not ready to take it off and I am so tired of people telling me how I should do things. So I'm keeping it on.

6/7/2011 7:54:11 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from msabe:
Thank you everyone for you input. I just not ready to take it off and I am so tired of people telling me how I should do things. So I'm keeping it on.

Good for you, you have to do what YOU feel is right.

6/7/2011 10:48:07 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

wishingwell4u
Somerset, KY
66, joined Dec. 2010

msabe...I don't think your wrong at all if you feel you want to wear it for the rest of your life and don't plan on dating then by all means keep it on! I wore mine for about 2 months..then it hit me! I didn't want to lose it and someone else find it and it end up on someone else's finger...It was ours and no one else's..His was buried with him..and mine is too now..the two rings are together the way we bought them. To each his/her own! Follow your heart

6/7/2011 10:51:46 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

wishingwell4u
Somerset, KY
66, joined Dec. 2010

I went to the cemetary and buried mine with him..It was to me like I was sending a part of me with him..and to him!

6/11/2011 1:36:27 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

sabula_girl
Clinton, IA
68, joined Mar. 2011

I DON'T THINK THERE IS A TIME LIMIT.YOU CAN WHERE YOUR RINGS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU WANT.There are no rules.My Aunt never took hers off,untell her second marriage,an then she but new husbands ring on and 1st.behind it.I know men an weman that never have taken there's off. Mine fell off,from weight lose.I greived 150lbs. off an still losing.Which i shouldn't.I just aren't hungery.I also went to doctor,an got depression medication.thank you to some people on here.And i didn't think i was depressed well i was.hope this helped.There is no answer only what you want to do.good luck

6/11/2011 5:32:16 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

ironduke43
Sequatchie, TN
73, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from wishingwell4u:
I went to the cemetary and buried mine with him..It was to me like I was sending a part of me with him..and to him!

I wish I had buried mine with her. She gave me hers after she got really sick and it was falling off her finger. When she died I had it put on her finger. Now I wish I had sent mine with her too. However I still wear mine on my right hand. The Lady I'm talking to says don't take it off if it makes you feel better. Keep your pictures too she says. Your wife is what made you who you are today. I don't try to date divorcees they just don't seem to understand the proceess we go thru. The lonelyness, feelings of dispair and being helpless. So keep it on if you want and it helps you cope. The heck with what other people want its what you want and helps you feel better. I don't understand how anyone can be jealous or threatened by a ring or picture.
All the best.

6/11/2011 9:30:27 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
funpatrol4u
Pardeeville, WI
54, joined May. 2011

My wife gave me her ring the day before she passed. She said it wouldn't stay on her finger anymore which I'm sure was true due to the cancer, but I often wonder if she wasn't telling me that she knew. I myself only wore mine on the weekends because I work on machinery and didn't want to get my finger caught, but I still have mine and I wear it from time to time. It's gotta be what feels right for you and you can't let someone else dictate that for you. And as far as her pictures go, there will always be at least 1 of her in my house, so when and if I ever meet someone again. They better get used to it.

6/11/2011 1:24:53 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

lovethelake17
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

It's odd...my bf and I were talking about our rings, and he took his out to show me. I took mine out to show him and put it on. It was odd. It didn't look right anymore on my finger. It evoked memories and made me feel the love it symbolized, but it also felt like that time has passed and it was no longer right to wear it.

I don't know if 'right' is the correct word, but it works.

6/11/2011 5:33:52 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
sds1952
Fort Myers, FL
65, joined Jun. 2008

It will be 5 yrs in September since Steve passed away and I still wear his and mine on my right hand because the ring he bought me for our 25th (13 days before he died) has his and my name and birthstones in it. It means alot to me so I wear it and I don't care what anyone says. They will get over it. It will take someone really special to knock me off my feet again if ever. It just isn't what I am looking for but I do get very lonely. Shirl

6/12/2011 4:29:53 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

msabe
Dinwiddie, VA
59, joined May. 2011

Sherri that is how I feel. I had 1 marriage before my husband that was really bad. I'm lucky to be alive after that one. So when I met my Billy I was to scared to marry again and it took him 6 yrs to get me to marry him. The best thing I ever did (besides having my girls) was to marry Billy. He treated me like gold. The best 26 yrs So now I think how can I ever find someone that will treat me as good that I can be as close to and love as much. I wonder how do I find someone else once you have had the best.

6/12/2011 8:48:28 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

@ Lake.. I think I know what you mean. I put mine on occ. It feels kind of empty, yet very heavy..like its weighing me down.

6/12/2011 10:41:14 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

I wear my ring on my right ring finger, never has felt as if it has worn me down. I am finding that I am smiling more and more at the wonderful memories that we made together. We were together for 36 1/2 years and 1 day.

I really have to say that I am healing each and every day. What once made me cry, is now bringing smiles. I was truly blessed to have loved and be loved back with unconditional love.

So many spend their whole lives looking for that. I was so lucky to have found it at the ripe old age of 15. I believe in destiny, we were destined to meet and find true love. It makes me smile....

Crystal

6/13/2011 8:05:32 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

mojojoe42
Langley, BC
51, joined May. 2011

About 3 months for me.
A widower I got to know recently had a new ring made from both weddingrings and wears it on a different finger, which I think is a really cool idea. I may do that.

6/14/2011 3:13:55 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
karendwd
Umatilla, FL
46, joined May. 2011

I am learning that the "rules" of feelings and life don't seem to apply to those who have lost a loved one. Like I told a family member who lost her husband a few months after I lost mine. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If you don't want to see anyone then don't. If you don't want to go anywhere then don't. The same rule applies to when to take your rings off. If you aren't ready then don't take them off. After 4 months I have started taking mine off for longer periods of time before putting them back on. When I do put them on, I seem to feel more lonely and empty because I know that they symbolize the marriage I no longer have. I look at them and remember when he gave me the rings and how gorgeous they are. All I can say is this whole thing sucks and I hate the roller coaster of emotions that I am going through.

6/14/2011 4:48:34 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
jacksonk3
Jacksonville, FL
47, joined Apr. 2011

I still wear mine on my thumb because it is the only finger it fits on. I will always wear it. It symbolizes the vows we made to each other and the last words he ever spoke to me. We owned a motorcycle, and he had never been on it without me. It was our thing to do to be alone away from everyone. One day we had to get many things done and we went separately to make the running around easier. I was on my way out of the community with my kids and a friend and he had forgot something and was entering again. Something compelled us both to stop. He came to the window and saw tears in my eyes. I told him something didn't feel right and I did not want to be without him At that moment, he held my hand, kissed my wedding band, and told me " as long as that is on your finger I will always be with you. I love you." He kissed me one last time. Then he went one way and I the other. It was the last time I saw him. He died instantly in the crash. My ring is that reminder that he will always be with me. I have his on a chain that I keep next to my bed. Everyone has a reason why it is easier to keep it on or take it off. U hope you can find the answer that is best for you. God bless you. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

6/14/2011 5:51:46 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
karendwd
Umatilla, FL
46, joined May. 2011

Jacksonk .. my husband died in a motorcycle accident as well. The only time I feel really really close to him is when I am on a motorcycle .. ironic huh? I only ride with certain people that he trusted. I see him ride away every time I walk out the front door. All I can say is it sucks but it is also peaceful at the same time. This grief stuff sucks. (can you tell i am in one of those down moods lol)

6/14/2011 7:25:13 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
jacksonk3
Jacksonville, FL
47, joined Apr. 2011

I have only been on a motorcycle once since he died and it was not good. I wanted to be with him and only had the courage because I drank to much. I want to ride again but sober. I was a basket case the first year. Now I am stable but can't ride with anyone I trust. I never thought of it as a closeness. It has always been the reason I lost him, so I wanted no part of it. I think it might be therapudic for me. Maybe soon I will find someone I trust enough to go.

6/15/2011 6:36:29 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
tx_shy_lady
Bedford, TX
52, joined Nov. 2009

I took my ring off about 18-19 months after he passed. I had decided (after much thought) to begin dating a man. So out of respect for my husband, I took it off and put it in a safe place. When I decided a couple months later that I had made a bad decision, I could not put it back on because I felt like I had betrayed him. That was 4 yrs ago and I am starting to date again now. I'm a very loyal person.

6/15/2011 8:41:52 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
karendwd
Umatilla, FL
46, joined May. 2011

Jackson .. I never thought I would want to ride again either, but I did for his funeral because it was a biker funeral. I lost it the whole way there not because I was on the way to his funeral or because I was on a bike but because I was on the bike without him. Then I waited a month and went on a poker run with the group he rode with..it was better but I also had a few to drink lol. Then I waited another month and went on another short ride. I think that I feel that closeness because I know that is how he died and I know he died doing something he loved and was not alone or in any pain. This weekend I was a bigger part of his group and we went on a run and it was nice and comforting. But yet I rode with someone I knew well. I took a chance later in the weekend and rode with someone I didn't know as well and didn't really know all of the circumstances of how Brian died and I was VERY uncomfortable to the point where I asked him to pull over and have someone else come get me in a car. He understood later when someone explained to him that riding close to the side of the road freaked me out. So I have learned my lesson on riding with people .. stick with who I know. It has only been 4 months so I am still at the beginning of the awful roller coaster of grief.

6/15/2011 7:34:31 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

paul058
Fort Walton Beach, FL
59, joined May. 2010

It,s been 14 month,s since i lost my wife. still got it on.maybe someday it will feel right to remove it,just aint there yet.

6/15/2011 7:48:55 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
peeps57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,786)
Sarasota, FL
59, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from paul058:
It,s been 14 month,s since i lost my wife. still got it on.maybe someday it will feel right to remove it,just aint there yet.

That is fine, everyone is different. I don't wear mine, but I still am in love with him. You have to do what feels right for you.

Crystal

6/16/2011 9:37:30 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
prayerful0502
Bentonville, AR
48, joined Jun. 2011

After about a month, I switched it to my right ring finger. I will wear it there until I decide not to. I have a nice dent in my left ring finger. I was married for 22 years. When I look at the dent, I am comforted that Mike is not forgotten. There is still evidence there of who he was and is in my life.

6/17/2011 6:40:30 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

stilllovinglisa
Easley, SC
55, joined Mar. 2011

My wife was in an auto accident and died on the scene Valentines day 2011. It has been a very short time for me. I had been loosing weight over the course of two years and recently started back with P90X and the weight was pouring off with the recent passing of my wife. I had been on an 1800 calorie diet but as of late been in the 1200-1500 range not being able to eat.

Two weeks ago I was in the shower getting ready for the day and I hear this clink... I didn't feel a thing. It was my wedding ring, needless to say it saddened me. I was afraid to put it back on in the event that I would loose it for good, so now its hanging on my necklace.

This was my 2nd wedding ring... the first got destroyed sliding down ladders in the Navy I think. I may have been about 20 lbs heavier at the time.

6/17/2011 8:51:41 PM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

wildcatbarnes
Clifton, TX
58, joined May. 2011

My hubby passed away Sept.12,2011 and I still wear my wedding ring on my left finger where he put it and I also wear is on my index finger. I just feel close to him wearing
his ring and I also wear a mothers ring on my middle finger that he bought me.I am not ready to stop wearing his ring or my ring. I am still married as far as Im concerned.

7/2/2011 9:43:52 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
alaskasjourney
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,502)
Milton, FL
60, joined Jun. 2011

My husband bought me a very inexpensive ring when we were ingaged and promised he would buy me a nice wedding ring. We were married in 1999. Finally got my wedding ring christmas of 2010. He died March 13 2011.I was so excited about my ring for Christmas but after he died it was almost as if he knew something was going wrong. Hard to wear the ring, hard to take it off. Such mixed emotions and such heartbreak.

7/2/2011 10:15:59 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  
newtofta
Santa Fe, TX
66, joined Jun. 2011

I haven't taken mine off, it just feel right to have it on.
It's been there for 20 years.
I have hers in a drawer to touch/hold/think about.
about a year or so ago-on Mine- the outer thinner ring came loose from the Band, We didn't have the money to get it fixed - We looked at Each Other - said someday we will.

7/11/2011 1:34:38 AM When did you take your wedding ring off?  

mekkapout
Fouke, AR
39, joined Jul. 2011

It took a while I took it off bit every now and then I still put it on and wear it for a while and then take it back this dating thing I haven't been able to get together since I lost in I a terrible car accident when I was 2 mths preg with the son we tried to have for five years it's just hard to understand and I am tired of being lonely by muself