Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames chat

The organization bagged in tens of millions of yuan in June last year from a Series B round led by Bluerun Ventures and Sequoia Capital. black dating montreal We re just providing you a heads up and assisting to set your expectations. The one particular factor I recommend to ask on a initial date is, What do you do for fun? Rob Alex, who produced Attractive Challenges and Mission Date Night with his wife, tells Bustle. myyearbook dating fun Justin explains that he is hunting for a a lot more severe relationship, and wishes Trish luck.

top legit hookup apps

Pray dua for Allah swt to bless you with a muslim man who is for you as he is the only 1 who knows your story. oahu personal classifieds I went on a date to a fancy French restaurant this guy chose, where the waitresses essentially spoke French. Absolutely never ask all of these on the web dating concerns just before you have met in person! Select your battles and save one thing for the initially date. free hookup sites like craigslist We do like it for non straight people today, although, due to the fact they do get the classic dating encounter without having any bottlenecks.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/28/2011 10:07:43 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
jay8bit
Columbus, OH
98, joined Oct. 2011

I will have to say Neil deGrasse Tyson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjW5-4IiSc

Quite possibly the best man alive.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/28/2011 10:10:25 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
anthavius
Waco, TX
36, joined Oct. 2011

I have always been a skeptic since I was a child. But always kept it to myself for fear of god striking me where I stood. As a kid your feared into believing with all the biblical stories. But I finally came out and not caring what others thought back in 2001

10/28/2011 10:24:27 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
ashadeofred
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,758)
Lansing, MI
66, joined Dec. 2007

I figured it out as a child....about 8yrs old, I think. I figured if god make everyone....why would he side with one race over another, if they were all his "children" like we were taught in the bible stories? I didn't want anything to do with a god like that, or one who would put you in a firery hell.

My parents made me go to Sunday school and (Luthern) catechism classes. Once I was done with those, I rebelled and refused to go anymore. I was the family "heathen".

10/28/2011 10:37:53 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
jay8bit
Columbus, OH
98, joined Oct. 2011

I was born into a Christian family and raised as one.

I was always interested in science though.. Ever since the first grade. I remember my science teacher at the end of ever year would bring out her large inflatable... Thing. Well. It was pitch black. Couldn't see your hands infront of your face. Then she would come inside and turn on her projector. It displayed all of the constallations and planets in the night sky. And I was mesmerized, and I couldn't wait for that one moment at the end of every year. Like Neil Tason says, the universe called me.

I considered myself a Christian until around my sophmore year in high school. Then I started studying Cosmology and Astrophysics online.

When you become scientifically literate, it's hard to imagine a blood drenched primative idol that would create the universe to punish and reward the objects of his own creation. That this idol woudl be so obssesed with one species on one planet orbiting one star.

When you become scientifically literate, it's a feeling I wish everyone could feel.

I don't know of any spiritual feeling that any religion could ever have to offer me than knowing that it's not the question of where we belong in the universe, but the fact that the universe is literally inside of us.

With that type of inspiration, I am now working on an intership with NASA, persueing my bachelors degree in mathematics, physics then finally my Ph.D in astrophysics.

Now that I've given you a brief autobiography, I'm going to get me a well deserved cup of wine.

10/29/2011 12:45:25 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
alcapwn
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,357)
Bristol, VA
31, joined May. 2011

Nobody inspired me to question anything. It just comes natural to me.

10/29/2011 4:18:47 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

dougiem
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,567)
Tucson, AZ
37, joined Aug. 2009

Quote from alcapwn:
Nobody inspired me to question anything. It just comes natural to me.

Win.

10/29/2011 4:30:08 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

It was in me....naturally.

10/30/2011 6:35:27 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

nightowl83
Louisville, KY
34, joined Oct. 2011

Dr. Tyson definitely confirmed it for me

But this got me started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgKRCXybSM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks Maynard.

10/30/2011 8:32:42 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
petrojl
Over 2,000 Posts (2,109)
Cedar, MN
52, joined Aug. 2011

I was always one who questioned everything. For me what some would call God would be nothing more than a higher intelligence. The universe is vast and very old and the odds of other life existing out there some of which could advance outside our awareness is quite high. The notion of worshiping a higher intelligence does not fit my belief system. Would be like us expecting bacteria to worship us.
Then there is the chicken/egg question. If God created us. then who or what created God? Same could be asked of the Big Bang Theory. If the universe was created by a single singularity rapidly expanding, what was before that singularity and how did that come about?

10/31/2011 9:35:42 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

evrae
Cullman, AL
36, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jay8bit:
I will have to say Neil deGrasse Tyson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjW5-4IiSc

Quite possibly the best man alive.

Tyson is a genius but I just developed my own point of view through my own understanding of science.

There may be a higher power but i don't see any evidence of him at work. And if there is all mainstream religions clearly have it wrong.

11/1/2011 2:19:05 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
gjlover
Over 2,000 Posts (2,833)
Grand Junction, CO
54, joined Aug. 2010

Sunday School made me the sceptic I am today. The more they explained, the less I believed.

11/4/2011 9:44:31 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
lorircksurwrld
Houston, TX
30, joined Oct. 2011

This wrld of hypocrits dat surround us. truth hurts!

11/4/2011 10:19:00 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

Santa Claus...
I found out Santa was my parents.

11/5/2011 10:56:59 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,041)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

My own natural curiosity started me on the road to skepticism.
The backlash I received from the types of questions I asked sealed the deal.

11/6/2011 10:35:31 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
good4something
Austin, TX
58, joined Nov. 2011

My parents were three and one generations evolved from Christianity and Judaism. Never mind. Anyway, leftover from the Jewish stuff were habits of pilpul. Added to that was the influence of my father's occupational adoration of critical analyses. I grew up being reminded to think for myself about ideas I encountered, and not to adopt any before I had understood them and decided for myself. Obviously that resembles skepticism a little bit. I am not skeptical all the way around. I will believe unquestioningly anything a woman says if cleavage demands it. The "who" most inspired me was far and away my father, and then a long list of authors who wrote the books he kept on shelves in his study.

11/6/2011 11:22:57 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
bobisback61
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,004)
West Vancouver, BC
56, joined Aug. 2011

I just knew

11/14/2011 6:47:08 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
whysoserious08
Dallas, TX
36, joined Aug. 2011

I had the opposite of a conversion. In that dark moment when god is supposed to show up and save you, I heard and saw and felt nothing. I quit praying, stood up and wiped my eyes. I knew then as I do now that family, friends and myself was all the trinity I had and all I needed. This was six years ago. I cannot convey how much better my life is now without that crutch.

For a while I was all alone. Then I met more nonbelievers. As far as known nonbelievers, surely Carl Sagan, Sam Harris, Chris Hitchens and Neil deGrasse Tyson. And even Thomas Jefferson. I remember seeing a poster of famous atheists like Sagan and Einstein under which it read, "Atheism: Good Enough For These Idiots." Read up on them all since. Big help.

11/16/2011 12:30:29 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
coproff
Yonkers, NY
68, joined Nov. 2011

Hi, I am new here

11/30/2011 12:55:52 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,222)
Easley, SC
65, joined Jan. 2010

Welcome. I don't really belong here, but I'm here anyway, so I'll offer you a welcome, since nobody else seems to want to.

[Edited 11/30/2011 12:56:45 AM ]

11/30/2011 1:27:00 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
adolphjesus
Ocala, FL
35, joined Nov. 2011

It's really just common sense. Religion (esp christianity) is merely fear and something that was branded into your brain as a child. Getting over that and becoming non religious is the best feeling in the world. Finally, I can masturbate in peace. And how come it seems that christians are more concerned with the afterlife instead of this life? Being an atheist I understand how important this life really is.

11/30/2011 4:46:10 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from adolphjesus:
And how come it seems that christians are more concerned with the afterlife instead of this life? Being an atheist I understand how important this life really is.

Because in their shortness of mind they arrogantly feel the after life is "foreverrrrrrrrrrrr" .

12/7/2011 10:06:33 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
jthedemon
Cincinnati, OH
42, joined Dec. 2011

Factual history inspired me to be a skeptic.

12/8/2011 8:33:45 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from jthedemon:
Factual history inspired me to be a skeptic.

Common sense did it for me....and the fact I was born into an Atheist family didn't hurt.

[Edited 12/8/2011 8:34:15 PM ]

12/10/2011 1:53:45 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
doitagain355
Freeburg, IL
37, joined Dec. 2011

In the years between 2006-2009,i became enquisitive and most certainly more demanding of empericalness indeed,of the natural world.
My childrens mother i do believe drove me to study theology,evolution,and a bit of history outside the all mighty book called the bible (lol).
for some reason,i enjoyed Mr.Richard Dawkins strident and passionate argument for the absurd beliefs in organized religion.

Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins opened or raised my conscienceness.

However,sadly i do say that my ex divirced me after 9 years,and believes jesus will save
her in 2012 within the rapture.
shes a complete hipocrite and it deeply sickens me.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." (Richard Dawkins)

12/10/2011 10:56:31 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from doitagain355:

Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins opened or raised my conscienceness.

We can't forget George Carlin, C. Hitchens, Sam Harris and all the others.

12/10/2011 7:01:07 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

nonthreatening
Loveland, CO
33, joined Dec. 2011

Jesus

12/10/2011 8:27:30 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from nonthreatening:
Jesus

Care to elaborate?

12/15/2011 7:28:27 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
punkgoddess67
Laughlin, NV
50, joined Sep. 2011

Smoking weed at an early age openned my mind

12/17/2011 5:55:50 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
74, joined Nov. 2008

When I peeked and saw Mommy gobbling Santa Claus.

12/17/2011 8:48:03 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
loyallibrajill
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,972)
Bronx, NY
51, joined Nov. 2011

Science and the BS church I was going to when I was married to a guy who acted one way in front of his church friends but another way at home. I have lots of reasons not to believe

12/19/2011 1:08:45 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,832)
Picher, OK
47, joined Sep. 2011

I inspired myself. At 10 yrs old I started to question religion. I just can't believe there is some dude up in the sky that just pointed his finger and poof....give me a f'ing break. There is so much to the earth and to its creatures and so many factors, to believe one guy did it all. Sorry I am not falling for that bull. Shoot if I said I believe in aliens they would think I am crazy, but they can believe in this god figure. I think they are crazy. I don't get it. By the way, I think there is others out there in the universe. Maybe aliens created us....who knows.

12/19/2011 7:01:31 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from pickygirl72:
I inspired myself. At 10 yrs old I started to question religion. I just can't believe there is some dude up in the sky that just pointed his finger and poof....give me a f'ing break. There is so much to the earth and to its creatures and so many factors, to believe one guy did it all. Sorry I am not falling for that bull. Shoot if I said I believe in aliens they would think I am crazy, but they can believe in this god figure. I think they are crazy. I don't get it. By the way, I think there is others out there in the universe. Maybe aliens created us....who knows.

12/19/2011 9:15:27 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
punkgoddess67
Laughlin, NV
50, joined Sep. 2011

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to look back in time, just to the '50's even, to see how much we evolved from there.

12/23/2011 7:43:41 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
pooponchrist
Ocala, FL
35, joined Dec. 2011

myself reaching the age of reason. But Richard Dawnkins, Stephen Hawking and George Carlin have helped me to embrace it.

1/15/2012 5:07:33 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
godsforsaken
Bailey, MI
41, joined May. 2011

The great temples made me be a skeptic cause I knew the god of the bible didn't live there so there had to be more then what my momma told me about

1/16/2012 12:55:03 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
scbabe60
Myrtle Beach, SC
33, joined Jan. 2012

I've always been a skeptic, although religious education helped.

Seriously though, I've always questioned things. I am teaching my kids to do the same, including about things I tell them.

1/17/2012 8:03:29 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
tamerahlynn
Sweet Home, OR
47, joined Oct. 2011

i was always a skeptic...id get physically sick when i entered a church and had to run outside...and my dad was a pastor so i read the bible over and over,and the bible itself turned me atheist..

I Came Not To Send Peace

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (Matthew 10:34-37)
Comment

These words of Jesus confirm the unbelievable notion that Jesus did not come to establish peace, but rather to send the sword and to put man against his family. So much for family values.

(See also Luke 12: 51-53, Luke 12:49 and Luke 14:26.)

but jesus loves me so i make him wear a condom

God & Satan The Same?

"AND Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." (I Chronicles 21:1)

"AND again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." (II Samuel 24:1)
Comment

Here we have either a contradiction, a grave Biblical error, God and Satan working together, or the unmistakable interpretation that God and Satan "are" one and the same! Given that fundamentalists believe the Bible contains no errors or contradictions, then that leaves only the last two possibilities.

Note that the capitalized word "AND" appears at the beginning of each verse and the message appears at the beginning of each chapter.

Note also that the name Lucifer (another name for Satan) means light bearer, or morning star: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer to the ground..." (Isaiah 14:12)

The last page of the Bible reveals Jesus: "I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Rev. 22:16)

It should now become clear to the reader why some Satanist cults use the same Bible as the Christians.

(See also evil and good from God: Lamentations 3: 38-39) i cant deal with the christians shoving their loving god down our throats...if theres hell,then the party is doiwnstairs

1/18/2012 6:17:34 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from tamerahlynn:
i was always a skeptic...id get physically sick when i entered a church and had to run outside...and my dad was a pastor so i read the bible over and over,and the bible itself turned me atheist..

Isaac Asimov

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for Atheism ever conceived.

1/18/2012 6:19:48 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from scbabe60:

Seriously though, I've always questioned things. I am teaching my kids to do the same, including about things I tell them.

You are the kind of parent I always wished my students had.

1/19/2012 10:01:59 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
scbabe60
Myrtle Beach, SC
33, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from tamerahlynn:
...and my dad was a pastor so i read the bible over and over,and the bible itself turned me atheist..

That'd do it. I remember the first time I read the whole Bible. It was a real eye-opener. The story that always sticks in my head is one from Judges, when Barak is chasing Sisera, and Sisera goes to his allie to hide. The allie's wife Jael gives him drink, and a place a to sleep, and he asks her to watch out while he sleeps. Jael waits until he's asleep then sticks a tent peg through his head. Lovely.

1/19/2012 10:11:49 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
scbabe60
Myrtle Beach, SC
33, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
You are the kind of parent I always wished my students had.

Thank you! My oldest is six, and she has a pretty good head on her shoulders. She is good at thinking things through to see if they make sense (in a six-year old way, at least), and coming up with plans. She has great questions, too, like how do fish go up and down in salt water when people float in it (air bladders, apparently). We're making a good start on evolution, too, and she loves the Born with a Bang series.

1/21/2012 8:41:18 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

I think all the contridictions in the Bible did it for me. Every time someone quoted something as wrong, someone else quoted it as all right. I couldn't find out where "God" came from. He just appeared and created The universe. Makes about as much sense as Greek mythology.

1/21/2012 10:01:44 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
45, joined Dec. 2011

Every time I asked questions, I was threatened with excommunication. I couldn't accept Christian doctrine. IE: original sin, unbaptized babies who died and weren't allowed into heaven, "The Book of Job" (self explanatory).

1/21/2012 10:17:26 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from cosmic_dancer:
Every time I asked questions, I was threatened with excommunication. I couldn't accept Christian doctrine. IE: original sin, unbaptized babies who died and weren't allowed into heaven, "The Book of Job" (self explanatory).

The sin of conception"...LOL, what a great way to hold people down by way of inducing guilt...

1/21/2012 10:41:15 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

If conception is a sin, how are we to contiue as a species? How is it the babies sin that his mother took serious what his father poked in fun? This is a big part of why religion doesn't make sense.

1/22/2012 8:55:31 AM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
If conception is a sin, how are we to contiue as a species? How is it the babies sin that his mother took serious what his father poked in fun? This is a big part of why religion doesn't make sense.

Thanks, walteb, very well said.

In their fruitless attempt to control people...they have stained the most beautiful form of communication between two people who love each other. Ignorance at its higher level.

1/22/2012 5:20:08 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
45, joined Dec. 2011

Wasn't original sin, when Adam and Eve were punished for eating the forbidden fruit? And all of their future generations will also get punished too?

If "God" was omniscient and such, he would know that they were going to do eat it anyways. And why does he have to "test" humans if he already knows the results? He is one cruel son of a gun.

"Hey Abie buddy, kill your son. Just kidding! LOL!" What a sick bastard!

1/24/2012 7:47:55 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

One thing I never could figure out was if Adam & Eve were roaming around without anybody else around and the first sin they commit is eating an apple. Come on, I might have eaten an apple but only after I commited another sin first.

1/24/2012 8:38:08 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
cosmic_dancer
Manitowoc, WI
45, joined Dec. 2011

God told them not to eat from the forbidden tree, but they ate from it anyways and became smart. So knowledge was a "sin". So whatever they did won't be considered sinful. Ignorance was bliss.

1/25/2012 5:52:26 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

jennaw91
Greeneville, TN
26, joined Sep. 2010

My grandfather is a holliness minister and seeing how he and his church treat people and how much hate they have towards anyone different is the main reason I am a non-believer. My parents also inspired me a lot as well.

1/25/2012 7:05:47 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from jennaw91:
My grandfather is a holliness minister and seeing how he and his church treat people and how much hate they have towards anyone different is the main reason I am a non-believer. My parents also inspired me a lot as well.

The holier the believer the more hypocritical he is.

1/25/2012 8:00:33 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Quote from cosmic_dancer:
God told them not to eat from the forbidden tree, but they ate from it anyways and became smart. So knowledge was a "sin". So whatever they did won't be considered sinful. Ignorance was bliss.

So I can call all those Sat. nights years ago ignorance and they weren't sins.

1/26/2012 12:15:22 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
So I can call all those Sat. nights years ago ignorance and they weren't sins.

gee, walteb...and I always was thinking you were a sineless Atheist.

1/26/2012 9:07:06 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Anybody told you I was sinless either didn't know me or lied. I was always told if something is fun it's illegle, immoralor fatning. I have tried to find out.

1/27/2012 4:45:02 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
Anybody told you I was sinless either didn't know me or lied. I was always told if something is fun it's illegle, immoralor fatning. I have tried to find out.

Did you do a lot of research...and for a long time?

1/27/2012 7:53:53 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  
jessikuh
San Francisco, CA
24, joined Jan. 2012

I became agnostic when I was 14, my moms a Christian but I was never really forced to go to church. I became an atheist at 17 after reading Christopher Hitchens: god is not great

1/27/2012 9:51:35 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

I need to find that book. Will probably have to go to Tulsa to either Borders or Barnes and Noble. Book stores out this way wouldn't dare have it.

1/27/2012 9:54:05 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
I need to find that book. Will probably have to go to Tulsa to either Borders or Barnes and Noble. Book stores out this way wouldn't dare have it.

Probably you can order it on line.

1/27/2012 10:07:48 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

walteb
Locust Grove, OK
63, joined May. 2011

Good idea. Will have to look it up.

1/27/2012 10:13:19 PM Who inspired you to be a skeptic?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walteb:
Good idea. Will have to look it up.

Another good one is God delusion...from Hawkins.