Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup apps that work

Sign in to commentBe respectful, retain it civil and stay on topic. la grange singles Greater nonetheless, costs commence at just £9. Normally, yes, dating apps are secure, but it does nevertheless demand discernment and caution. find local hot girls It delivers a way for people to interact beyond the usual chat.

mega personal

I need to have looked up what was at the address but i believed, what the hell. gay classifieds chicago She added that she didn t on line dating to be her really like story. uk, has shared the seven inquiries you need to ask on a first date. locanto competitors Depending on how quickly a date is created, normally a confirmation is anticipated by the one particular creating the date which is generally the guy in most dating scenarios.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/5/2012 12:23:50 AM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

Hi,

I'm interested in visiting china. perhaps a week.
cheapest time of year.
Cheap accommodations, seriously i don't really care. As long as I can sleep and shower, i'm fine. i don't need a luxury suite.
Interesting places to visit.

i was thinking spring or fall in beijing, at a hostel.
Then visit places myself.

btw, I want to do something like this annually. Any suggestions? Any warnings?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/15/2012 4:53:37 PM Trip to china: need advice  

sprigit
Quitman, MS
39, joined Feb. 2012

I want to visit China one day too. I don't know when is the best time to visit, but I have been studying a lot about the culture and language. I know that the restaurants there are different than here. Here we expect the waiter to come to our table ever so often to check on us. There the waiters expect their guests to call them if they need them. Don't let your chopsticks rest in the rice, as that is a practice that is done at funerals there. Tipping is not a common practice and "going Dutch" is not a usual practice either. There's other things but that's all I can think of for now

2/15/2012 8:43:45 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

hm. That explains a lot. Sometimes we go out to chinese restaurants (specials are written in chinese, everyone around us is speaking chinese...) and the wait service is kind of lacking. That's ok though since the food is often amazing.

I think I am figuring out the flight prices. Seems like for locations there are busy times of the year. Flights will be higher. Off season, prices look like they drop to fill up the plane a few weeks before takeoff. I'd like to know for sure though.

4/26/2012 8:59:46 PM Trip to china: need advice  

joat111026
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,945)
Port Saint Lucie, FL
53, joined Oct. 2011

Of course, if you go to expensive restaurants, they'll cater to your needs. But if it is just a regular one,like dimsum or something, then you'll have to get their attention.

You may need to learn some common Chinese words to get around.

Try Victoria peak at Hongkong, pretty nice up there!

4/27/2012 7:46:14 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

I heard it's nice there! I have picked up some learning mp3s last night. I think I understand the tones but they're hard for me to reproduce. The sentence structure seems natural. The tutorials on youtube are easier to follow though. It's a bit soon to have any review. It'd be much easier if I had a partner to practice with of course.

I have tentative plans to fly to either beijing or shanghai, and split a week at each. We will take the train between cities. I was considering a cheap tour package but they seem designed to route you through specific locations and keep you at tourist traps until enough $$ is spent. So this possibly limits the amount of time one has to site see etc. I'd rather take my time.

5/2/2012 12:54:41 PM Trip to china: need advice  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (2,990)
Belleville, IL
61, joined Jun. 2007

If you get to Shanghai, try the soup dumplings, they're great.
Be aware that many Chinese study English, but a phrase book might be useful.
Also be aware that you may acquire a "shadow", someone whoh will follow you.
Pack toilet paper, because you never know....

5/2/2012 6:17:33 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from saruman256:
If you get to Shanghai, try the soup dumplings, they're great.
Be aware that many Chinese study English, but a phrase book might be useful.
Also be aware that you may acquire a "shadow", someone whoh will follow you.
Pack toilet paper, because you never know....

whoa wait- a shadow? someone to spy on me or someone trying to pickpocket or something?

5/3/2012 10:54:56 AM Trip to china: need advice  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (2,990)
Belleville, IL
61, joined Jun. 2007

A government handler, someone who will stop you from going into certain areas or take your picture for the state security records.
They fear environmentalist reporters and such.
And some of the best food is found with street vendors.

5/4/2012 8:04:59 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

good to know, thanks!

5/9/2012 10:38:41 AM Trip to china: need advice  
call_me_benny
Hardinsburg, IN
37, joined May. 2012

6/9/2012 2:07:20 AM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

Trip is paid for, passports arrived today, luggage is obtained, bought a camera, mapped out the places to visit, next is trip insurance and visas.

Next year I plan to save enough for japan or south east asia.

7/11/2012 8:47:30 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

Visas are granted! Last thing to get are daypacks and phone service. Everything else but food is paid for.

9/5/2012 5:34:39 AM Trip to china: need advice  
balli4
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,190)
County Antrim, N. Ireland
United Kingdom
41, joined Jun. 2011

9/17/2012 10:30:57 AM Trip to china: need advice  

tcretiredhippie
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,833)
Durand, WI
59, joined Apr. 2012

I know this will sound stupid, but it worked for me. Ask the owner at your favorite chinese restaurant. Lots of good info youll never find in a brochure

9/26/2012 8:30:28 PM Trip to china: need advice  

mischiefmanaged
Over 2,000 Posts (3,153)
Bellevue, WA
47, joined Jul. 2010

I did ask local chinese, that is excellent advice. The trip was awesome! Way too short though. I signed up for a teaching english as a foreign language certification course. I plan on going again next year for maybe a month. During that time I will sign up to teach. Though I hear there are a lot of scams. I'll be sure to take enough $$ to get by though. And health insurance. Not sure how much the working visa will cost though. I just want a taste of what living and working is like over there. If I like it maybe I will go back and teach full time.