Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

reliable hookup sites

He arrived into the bar in his running gear, saw me and then proceeded to walk appropriate past me to the bathrooms with out so significantly as a nod. singles in gainesville With no potential to indulge in physical activity, partners and love interests have no decision but to definitely communicate their desires, Max mentioned. But with it, comes a assure, of embarrassing, awkward, and downright weird encounters. prostitutes in hoi an I thought that would be the end of our conversations, but just about every once in a while I miss him so considerably, so I speak to him again.

mega classifieds

She s the inventive type if she likes music festivals. sacramento singles Whether or not you re seeking for a casual date or searching for your soulmate, you can make the ideal choice with dating apps. The Bumble app itself is absolutely free to download, but you can pay to access a handful of premium capabilities. hookup myvidster Millions of couples have been connected by Eharmony—in reality, 400+ users marry someone they meet on the web page each and every single day.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

8/6/2008 3:01:15 PM Do you Hate God?  
classicsfan
Over 2,000 Posts (2,078)
Charlottetown, PE

Quote from someaverageguy:
It's strange and even amazing to me how much vitriol comes from disagreements in personal philosophy. There can be no decision more personal in someone's life that that of his or her view of fundamental reality.

I am an atheist. I want to very carefully define that. It means that I do not believe in any form of god or deity or higher power, with or without consciousness or the ability to punish, reward, or affect the lives of human beings. It is important to add that stating that I do not believe that god exists is not the same as saying that I believe god does not exist. Given that there is not, and in my opinion, cannot be, any proof, be it empirical or logical, of the existence or non-existence of god, I must be true to the basic tenet of rationalism and state that I do not believe the hypothesis when it lacks evidence instead of taking the extremist view of believing its antithesis.

All of that being said, the one thing that I would really like to know is what in that suggests in any way that I would hate god, religion, religious people, or anything else?

There is an enormous difference between being non-religious and being anti-religious. Choosing not to include a specific philosophy or dogma in my life doesn't necessitate my taking a stance against it. I am certainly against the atrocities committed in the name of religion, but I am just as dead-set against atrocities committed for purely secular or psychological reasons. It is the deed that I despise, not the organization to which the doer of the deed might belong.

Nor, interestingly, do most atheists tend to speak of "all" people of any given type as being involved in any specific behavior.

I think it's time to stop the haranguing and realize that hate is a personal emotion, not a philosophical one, to be applied with the broad brush that comes of ignorance of the motivations, thoughts and deeds of others.

Very well said.

I'd like to add that while I really don't care what other people believe, there is a real danger in 'magical thinking'. The more people believe in the infallibility of their religion, it seems that they are less inclined to use critical thought in other areas as well. Children who die because the religious beliefs of their parents prevent proper treatment, people who die from exorcisms, people who are emotionally or physically tortured because of their sexual orientation.

The fear of cell phones, power lines, vaccines that drive people, people who then get in their cars and drive -the most dangerous activity you can do.

It's not religion per se that i see as the problem, it's the lack of critical thought that often accompanies it.

8/8/2008 10:13:45 AM Do you Hate God?  
hemingstieniv
Sacramento, CA

ive wanted to say this for sometime.
i think ol' karl wanted to say xtianity is the opiate of the masses.
but for obvious reasons he didnt use the word.

not really sure if im an atheist but damn sure i dont believe
in the xtian god. have studied many religions and see a common
thread with them(except with xtianity, judeism, and islam...they stole
just about everything from pagan religions).

guess i lean more towards a spiritual bend like with the native americans.
but accepting a relgion to me is allowing myself to be pigeon-holed and
restricted. and im angered every time by those that allow their egos to
get into the way by forcing their views on others. extremists on both ends
of any spectrum are always dangerous people, specially when they only have
a little knowledge of what they are talking about.

free-thinking and expression must be the watch word and what some of us
live and fight for.

8/22/2008 4:40:16 PM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

How could I hate something that doesn't exist?

Duchessa

8/22/2008 4:42:06 PM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from pedro_2079:
if thats true than ur not really atheist b/c they don't just believe god doesn't exist, they attack the very idea of god don't they JMO

No, we don't...we, simply, don't believe god exist.

Duchessa

8/22/2008 4:43:10 PM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from slightlycrazy:
you're wrong pedro, most atheists, (there's always the fanatic) could care less what anyone else believes or doesn't believe in, and we actually spend zero time thinking about any god or religion.

May I add that we don't even try to convert people to our way of thinking?

8/22/2008 4:51:21 PM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from pedro_2079:
well i was wrong
agnostics believe that its impossible to know whether an ultimate cause (god) exists and they leave it at that

infidels attack religion

BTW this is from a dictionary so not my opinion ok?

id say im agnostic

Sure, the means will alwaysr try to make you feel guilty...and they will use lines as the one you got from the dictionary.....they will tell you that Atheist are responsible for the worst genocides.....and they will forget to mention that the Spaniards -with the excuse of spreading "the faith"- wiped out the people of an entire continent.

8/24/2008 12:09:54 PM Do you Hate God?  

wolfy9459
Over 2,000 Posts (2,595)
Dayton, OH

Just like every one else I can't hate something that ain't there.

kenny

8/30/2008 10:49:31 PM Do you Hate God?  

naughty666
Placitas, NM

i hate god! i once belived him

8/31/2008 8:06:32 AM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from naughty666:
i hate god! i once belived him

Your post only shows me you are young person that has been hurt and blames god for it... Therefore, you believe god exists.

8/31/2008 11:18:37 PM Do you Hate God?  

forever4
Victoria
Australia

yes because its a bit like when your a child and people tell you about the tooth fairy easterbunny and last of all fatherxmas Ionley beleive in what I see if there was a god the world would not be full of hatred for one anothers country and terrorists killing innocent people where is god when you need himlololo yes i do hate god because there aint one

9/2/2008 5:56:06 PM Do you Hate God?  
tichobar
Bonita Springs, FL

I don't hate God.

I hate religious fanatic hypocrites.

Why can't these medieval morons keep their superstitions to themselves?

9/3/2008 4:53:29 PM Do you Hate God?  

gbelle
New Port Richey, FL

NO WE DON'T HATE GOD,WE DENY THE EXISTANCE.BELIVE ME I WISH IT WERE ALL TRUE BUT IT IS NOT,IT IS CALLED THE GREAT LIE.I WAS BROUGHT UP CATHOLIC AND WAS TAUGHT ABOUT GOD AND RELIGION AS FACT.I WAS ALWAYS SOMEWHAT DOUBTING.WHEN IN FACT IT IS NOT.IT'S ALL A BUNCH OF PAGEN SUPERSTITIONS AND WISHFULL THINKING ALL BASED ON THE FEAR OF DEATH LIVE IN LA LA LAND,BE GOOD AND BELIEVE YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO DIE AND YOU WILL LIVE A HAPPIER LIFE.THAT'S THE GIST OF IT.GET A CLUE.IT'S ALL BS.BIG TIME.THERE IS NO MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY.NO HEAVEN NO HELL. JUST THE HERE AND NOW SO ENJOY.

9/5/2008 9:44:50 AM Do you Hate God?  

duchessa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,486)
Yonkers, NY

Quote from tichobar:
I don't hate God.

I hate religious fanatic hypocrites.

Why can't these medieval morons keep their superstitions to themselves?

Why not? Because their brains are so brainwashed -to fit the needs of few- that all reasoning is impossible for them.

Duchessa

9/9/2008 4:02:33 PM Do you Hate God?  

mrrick1977
Cameron, NY

I can't believe in what I never seen .

9/25/2008 10:51:14 PM Do you Hate God?  

forever4
Victoria
Australia

good on you Im of the same beleif