Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight mobile

Immerse yourself in appreciate stories full of romance and full of happiness. single ladies in pensacola fl We routinely remove inactive blogs and those which are no longer relevant to a offered list. To start off your own Conversation, very first go the relevant room then click Get started a new Conversation . streamate broadcast You have to have a date to your sister s wedding and the stranger in the coffee shop seems to be the best decision.

date hookup apk

Individuals will now be capable to add videos to their profile and can chat with others even prior to matching with them. staten island dating website Vice male a snap devoid of inquiries answered posted male the future what function does klay thompson golden those warriors, jman. Even though that program by no means came to fruition, she continued speaking to Ahmed even just after the trip was canceled. local lonely wives I would joke about it and be like, I m not going to contact my ex, and lots of people would be like, Yeah, do not do it! she said.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/23/2012 5:01:59 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

I have an 12' x 14' flat roof on my porch and had been wondering how I could maintain a garden up there. I recently started looking into aquaponics and have decided I will try it this year so that I can can cover the porch roof with melon vines.

I have access to 35 gallon translucent white platic barrels that I will use for filter, sump, fish tank, and grow beds.

Does anyone have any knowledge, experience, or advise?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/23/2012 5:09:42 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from phina1:
Off the cuff, the first thing that comes to mind is - what about all the weight ?

I reinforced the porch roof; it's good.

2/25/2012 8:33:44 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
gotavision77
Melbourne, FL
76, joined Feb. 2012

Wishing you the best success. I wish I could do something like that but decided to build a green house instead, which I am able to build much larger.

2/26/2012 4:58:37 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from gotavision77:
Wishing you the best success. I wish I could do something like that but decided to build a green house instead, which I am able to build much larger.

You should look into aquaponics for your greenhouse. Check this out: http://gardenpool.org/

4/30/2012 4:04:11 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

johnjhb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,356)
Paisley, FL
64, joined Oct. 2009

Lots of green houses down here in florida have gone the hyroponic route! for tomatos and such but this aquaponics thing would save money on ferilizers and other chemicals. and if done right would give you fresh fish! Im interested.

7/19/2012 7:40:58 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Bluegill feeding

[Edited 7/19/2012 7:41:40 PM ]

7/25/2012 1:11:41 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
rjo72
Fowlerville, MI
44, joined Jan. 2012

Use air stones in your tanks to oxygenate your water/ fertilizer. Roots need oxygen!!

7/25/2012 11:02:31 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from rjo72:
Use air stones in your tanks to oxygenate your water/ fertilizer. Roots need oxygen!!

No, it's a flood and drain system.

7/26/2012 2:35:39 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from skiwino:
You should look into aquaponics for your greenhouse. Check this out: http://gardenpool.org/

That garden pool set up is quite intriquing!!

7/26/2012 4:09:22 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from sierratoo:
That garden pool set up is quite intriquing!!

He has it going on for sure; there are a lot of other people doing things with this all over the world now.

7/28/2012 3:21:57 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

how come some people have stars underneath their names?

7/28/2012 5:38:39 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

shawnee_b
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,436)
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from sierratoo:
how come some people have stars underneath their names?

They post alot.

1 star = 1000 posts
2 stars = forgot
3 stars = forgot
4 stars = 7500 posts
5 stars = 10000 and they turn blue

7/29/2012 12:39:39 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from shawnee_b:
They post alot.

1 star = 1000 posts
2 stars = forgot
3 stars = forgot
4 stars = 7500 posts
5 stars = 10000 and they turn blue

Slow down Shawn before you turn blue; that's not healthy!

7/30/2012 6:00:10 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
62, joined Dec. 2008

so those are posts they have started?

or does that include all smart-ass comments in between....

7/31/2012 7:54:32 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from sierratoo:
so those are posts they have started?

or does that include all smart-ass comments in between....

Every single post is counted.

8/1/2012 11:08:35 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

shawnee_b
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,436)
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from skiwino:
Slow down Shawn before you turn blue; that's not healthy!

I did slow down

8/1/2012 11:21:38 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
hellifino51
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,589)
Mansfield, AR
66, joined Dec. 2011

I don't know but you just gave me an idea for my fish pond & my raised strawberry beds !!
Now where did I put that pump and hose?

[Edited 8/1/2012 11:22:09 AM ]

9/6/2012 11:39:55 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
crgr86
Hugo, MN
31, joined Aug. 2012

I would suggest making your reservoir opaque to prevent algea growth. A clear(white)drum was used to hold a fertilizer for our (class) greenhouse and it was full of algea. I am unsure if your application allows but if the water is going to be nutrient rich that could pose an issue with algea. A small ammount of peroxide in the tank helps with this also. And even though the ebb and flow can oxygenate the liquid, if not properly oxygenated you promote anaerobic bacteria growth and that will smell awful and produce harmful waste such as alcohol. My experience is with deep water culture, and nutrient film technique hydroponics. We also had a mist bench for propagating. I did some reading about aquaponics and compost tea in Growers Edge. I wonder if they have online material, if so its totally worth looking at. They focus on hydroponics in greenhouse operations and for hobby gardeners, and often have related stuff

9/12/2012 11:17:46 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from crgr86:
I would suggest making your reservoir opaque to prevent algea growth. A clear(white)drum was used to hold a fertilizer for our (class) greenhouse and it was full of algea. I am unsure if your application allows but if the water is going to be nutrient rich that could pose an issue with algea. A small ammount of peroxide in the tank helps with this also. And even though the ebb and flow can oxygenate the liquid, if not properly oxygenated you promote anaerobic bacteria growth and that will smell awful and produce harmful waste such as alcohol. My experience is with deep water culture, and nutrient film technique hydroponics. We also had a mist bench for propagating. I did some reading about aquaponics and compost tea in Growers Edge. I wonder if they have online material, if so its totally worth looking at. They focus on hydroponics in greenhouse operations and for hobby gardeners, and often have related stuff

I don't have any problems with algea; if I did I wouldn't want to add peroxide and possibly kill all of the bacterial cultures that I have established. What problem does algea cause anyway?

9/18/2012 9:58:42 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from whalemstr:
plugs
lines
pretty
quickly
Use
Big
Pipes!

10/14/2012 5:13:34 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
mrgatorman
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,632)
Miami, FL
42, joined Sep. 2012

2/17/2013 1:00:23 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
anetah
Richardson, TX
59, joined Jan. 2013

and what is the blue star if gold is for post

4/23/2013 2:43:13 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

tileman1814
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,709)
Kalispell, MT
66, joined Nov. 2007

I have found a ton of information about Aquaponics on Utube.It has to be the easist growing system there is.The only thing that looks like it could be a little tough is figuring out what fish to use for your aera.

Semper Fi !!!

4/25/2013 8:30:30 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from tileman1814:
I have found a ton of information about Aquaponics on Utube.It has to be the easist growing system there is.The only thing that looks like it could be a little tough is figuring out what fish to use for your aera.

Semper Fi !!!

Not really easy at first but should be easier when my system is well established and I really understand it better.

5/6/2013 2:13:27 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
ucntplzvry1
Huntsville, AR
70, joined May. 2013

@ skiwino
Was wondering how your system is coming along?
Your thread inspired me to experiment with raised beds that I irrigate from my pond instead of using my well water.
So far the pond water is doing amazing for growth in comparison to the well watered beds.
(strawberries, tomatoes, and watermelons).

5/7/2013 11:12:32 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from ucntplzvry1:
@ skiwino
Was wondering how your system is coming along?
Your thread inspired me to experiment with raised beds that I irrigate from my pond instead of using my well water.
So far the pond water is doing amazing for growth in comparison to the well watered beds.
(strawberries, tomatoes, and watermelons).

Doing OK so far, the melons didn't ripen last year but I started them late. The bluegills survived the winter outdoors and have just started eating again. I have started seeds months earlier than last year.
I'm crossing my fingers.

5/7/2013 11:56:32 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,261)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

5/7/2013 11:56:46 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,261)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

5/8/2013 12:23:00 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
vanillaone
Huger, SC
68, joined Jan. 2013

I read about this site on aquaponics and all of us should get the plans set up with the fish, because the economy could collapse they roughly guess in 22 months, but I hope it not that soon, gives everyone ample time to set up growing veggies and doing plenty of canning. This would ensure that you would have food to eat while the area have no food in the stores. Come on people, get ready to keep your families safe, spread the word to the people who think the grocery stores are going to have foods all the time.

And if you know or have lands or whatever sheltered places in the country get that shelter fixed up and get help to enlarge it, because when things get down to martial law etc who knows what the IDIOTS that work in the wicked white house will do to the people they have STOCKED so much ammo and guns and CASKETS, they are PLASTIC CASKETS, they plan to MURDER people who go against this zionist global elite government. They do not own us as people, they can not tell you what to do, like surrender your guns, they do NOT OWN you, they are control freaks, IT IS GOING to be terrible if we dont spread the news for all to prepare, buy a bunker and install in in the ground at a friends property in the country the people who are on welfare going to be shocked... who knows what they know, and your foods in your homes the THUGS that work for the GOV say can break your doors down confiscate your foods and who knows what those CRIMINALS would do to your family members,

I dont know where to type this message, I thought I come here when I see this man type about aquaponics, fact, I am lookin for people to move out to the hills far from here for shelter you can live by a waterfall or streams and make it

How about russian fireplaces and rocket stoves you can have that build in your new sheltered home people have to unite and work as brothers and sisters, to weather the crazy nuts in this israelite owned government

5/9/2013 7:39:35 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

tileman1814
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,709)
Kalispell, MT
66, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from vanillaone:
I read about this site on aquaponics and all of us should get the plans set up with the fish, because the economy could collapse they roughly guess in 22 months, but I hope it not that soon, gives everyone ample time to set up growing veggies and doing plenty of canning. This would ensure that you would have food to eat while the area have no food in the stores. Come on people, get ready to keep your families safe, spread the word to the people who think the grocery stores are going to have foods all the time.

And if you know or have lands or whatever sheltered places in the country get that shelter fixed up and get help to enlarge it, because when things get down to martial law etc who knows what the IDIOTS that work in the wicked white house will do to the people they have STOCKED so much ammo and guns and CASKETS, they are PLASTIC CASKETS, they plan to MURDER people who go against this zionist global elite government. They do not own us as people, they can not tell you what to do, like surrender your guns, they do NOT OWN you, they are control freaks, IT IS GOING to be terrible if we dont spread the news for all to prepare, buy a bunker and install in in the ground at a friends property in the country the people who are on welfare going to be shocked... who knows what they know, and your foods in your homes the THUGS that work for the GOV say can break your doors down confiscate your foods and who knows what those CRIMINALS would do to your family members,

I dont know where to type this message, I thought I come here when I see this man type about aquaponics, fact, I am lookin for people to move out to the hills far from here for shelter you can live by a waterfall or streams and make it

How about russian fireplaces and rocket stoves you can have that build in your new sheltered home people have to unite and work as brothers and sisters, to weather the crazy nuts in this israelite owned government

Let them try.They have no idea who they are screwing with.95% of our military and law enforcment will be with us along with several million,yes I said million hunters,a large part that are x-military as well.There is a huge bunch of patriots that are ready and more than willing to fight if need be.

Semper Fi !!!

[Edited 5/9/2013 7:40:26 PM ]

5/11/2013 11:00:17 PM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
ucntplzvry1
Huntsville, AR
70, joined May. 2013

Quote from skiwino:
Doing OK so far, the melons didn't ripen last year but I started them late. The bluegills survived the winter outdoors and have just started eating again. I have started seeds months earlier than last year.
I'm crossing my fingers.

Yea you have a shorter growing season up there I had strawberries with my breakfast this morning, it even makes oatmeal taste better.
have you thought about covering the beds with a structure of pvc & plastic(like a hothouse?)
Just to get an early start?

5/15/2013 2:00:32 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from ucntplzvry1:
Yea you have a shorter growing season up there I had strawberries with my breakfast this morning, it even makes oatmeal taste better.
have you thought about covering the beds with a structure of pvc & plastic(like a hothouse?)
Just to get an early start?

I have cloches over some of my garden beds but the aquaponics is too little to worry about.

5/19/2013 5:29:58 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  

kgb4me
Auburn, CA
44, joined Nov. 2011

Thanks Ski been trying to get into this since I re-purposed a hottub. Gathered wild water plants last year and they have exploded already. Only have goldfish now but goin on maybe 3 years (shit) and still kicken.

5/19/2013 8:50:40 AM Aquaponics, backyard barrelponics system  
jazminx2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,038)
Ossining, NY
40, joined Jan. 2010

Quote from ucntplzvry1:
yeah but i wouldnt trade it for the illegals and killer bees.