Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best free online hookup

She even provided to assistance me locate a job. asian dating in virginia Apps is just a ice breaker, anything right after that is all depend on yourself 1st date is most essential, and yes please spend for the 1st date even although the girl is providing to dutch as this is one particular of their test . The cost free profiles function as a preview if you want to communicate with users on the site you have to spend for a membership. hookups skateboard craigslist Do you present men s forums for relationships? We do not have committed men s forums relationships can and do form in any of our forums, which have a wide variety of members and subjects.

free online date hookup

Are constructed everywhere, an correct reflection of on line dating suggestions from females about the discussions relating to on line dating can assistance, 111 customers and assistance forum. aurora hook up Girls shared stories of men and women they had been interested in who could not look past the reality that they weren t slim. These Christian dating questions will aid to make sure that you are carrying out everything in your power to enable God s strategy for your appreciate life come to fruition. omeglewarden Profoundly helps you open a conversation with exciting inquiries and entertaining icebreakers.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/8/2012 1:05:18 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
rini_bo_bini
Over 1,000 Posts (1,217)
Perryville, MO
28, joined Feb. 2012

Being an intelligent individual who believes in science helped me decide religion is bs. I enjoy being a freethinker too much to blindly follow anything. Even when at work I prefer to know why I need to do something instead of just blindly taking an order..

I was raised by religion but choose to live by a certain group of morals and values instead of going to pay tribute to a God I'll never see, never hear.. the churches are too full of hypocrites for my liking.. and the idea that you only go once or twice a week to be religious then do whatever the f**k you want the rest of the week.. never sat well with me.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/11/2012 5:22:50 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

jakedillon1994
Crown City, OH
23, joined Jul. 2012

Mine is a set of two reasons first I have 6 sibling that died during birth so then I started questioning things and the bible starts with the creation of man and there are donkeys and sych things like that bbut no dinosaurs or point where all countries were once conjoined

7/13/2012 8:23:56 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

7/13/2012 10:07:25 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
muldoon1959
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,041)
Vallejo, CA
58, joined Feb. 2008

Good video, but personally, I like the idea
of religion disappearing and IQ's going up.

7/13/2012 10:47:29 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from muldoon1959:
Good video, but personally, I like the idea
of religion disappearing and IQ's going up.

Religion will disappear....as with everything pertaining to folklore and myths; in about 50 more years religion will be archived in the "Tales & Myths" section of the libraries.

7/16/2012 6:36:01 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
smartypants94
Richardson, TX
23, joined Jul. 2012

Just wanted to point out, we all start out atheistic. The question should be: What kept you that way despite the pressure to believe in deities? What gave you the strength to resist stupidity?

7/19/2012 12:06:26 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

cclitteral
South Charleston, OH
25, joined Mar. 2012

what gave me the strength to resist is go to the third floor on the children's hospital what did those babys do to not even get to experience life there is no one out there that can give u a legitimate answer why new born babys a dying of cancer and u can't use the lie god had something else in store for them that's bs

7/19/2012 8:54:43 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from smartypants94:
Just wanted to point out, we all start out atheistic. The question should be: What kept you that way despite the pressure to believe in deities? What gave you the strength to resist stupidity?

Intelligence and common sense.

7/20/2012 8:15:57 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
heart_healer
New Caney, TX
33, joined May. 2012

For a long time i refused to think of myself as an atheist, in a way I still do, because I am very spiritual however I don't agree with the churches or religious beliefs. There is a lot of wisdom in the texts, but for the most part it's about looking within to find the answers. If that's the true way, then why do they mislead us forcing people to memorize verses when they could be experiencing life and learning to trust their gut instinct. However the broader my view of true science gets, the more it links to life. Our hearts generate electromagnet fields, they are strongest within the first 3 ft, then out to 15 ft, then stretch out infinitely. The earth and sun, all heavenly bodies, even tiny atoms generate the same shaped fields and all are overlapping and mixing. The planets and stars are typically in stable periodic frequencies, and when we are in peaceful positive states our energy fields align with those of the universe, reinforcing one another. However when under stress the fields become spuratic and irrational, they don't merge and build only fade away. To me it's these stable, periodic fields that aligned matter into life forms over eons of time, and from what I've learned, being in positive states advances our evolution to higher states of being. Darwin actually wrote an entire book on how emotional states determine the direction evolution goes in. I'm just tired of fighting over who's right and who's wrong, when we all walk different paths we all need different directions.

7/20/2012 3:36:26 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from duchessa:
Religion will disappear....as with everything pertaining to folklore and myths; in about 50 more years religion will be archived in the "Tales & Myths" section of the libraries.

It will take more than 50 years but yes, eventually the day will come...

7/22/2012 10:12:01 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

tcat6660666
Harlem, GA
48, joined Jul. 2012

my first clue was finding out there was no santa claus. it just doesnt make sense to me

7/29/2012 12:47:49 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

homy28
Kansas City, MO
27, joined May. 2011

growing up saturated with the xian belief and the fact that it is just like politics they make all kinds of promises but after the elections they do the exact opposite faith in a god is the greatest ignorance it completely reduces responsibility oh the devil made me do it but god fogives me lol what a farce

7/29/2012 12:48:10 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

homy28
Kansas City, MO
27, joined May. 2011

growing up saturated with the xian belief and the fact that it is just like politics they make all kinds of promises but after the elections they do the exact opposite faith in a god is the greatest ignorance it completely reduces responsibility oh the devil made me do it but god fogives me lol what a farce

7/31/2012 7:53:41 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
rtb88
Henderson, NV
29, joined Jul. 2012

Just time, it can be hard to break out of what you are told to believe since childhood. I just kept questioning things and getting no answers until I realized I didn't believe. Not really sure whether I ever did believe or if I was only scared not to.

8/1/2012 11:36:48 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

justin3027
Roswell, GA
24, joined Apr. 2012

I became an athiest the moment I could trace all the stories of religions back to ancient stories that are in ancient tablets and scrolls

8/3/2012 8:17:55 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
treepolitik
Ephrata, PA
32, joined May. 2012

I watched the Zeitgeist Movies, then became interested in the Jordan Maxwell and Alex Jones stuff. I saw that my (then) Catholic faith was tied to occult blood rituals. I was into anime, and stumbled across a book about Ancient Jewish and Arab dialogues by a Harvard professor.

Here was the correction between the Greek mythology in Sailor Moon(e.g. celestial forces of Chaos/Darkness vs. celestial forces of Harmony/Light), the Four Elements symbology in Naruto, and the missing link between Jewish and Arab cultures. Every key debate about the nature of God, the universe, and human existence was in this Harvard professor's book, with key words given in Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew romanizations.

As I continued trying various Christian churches, I saw how the cultures, the religions, the government, and all of the other institutions stemmed from the same root: the sun religions. I gave one last shot at religion with an "Amish Experiment," which included a stay at a farm.

During this time, I looked at the names of people in the Bible with their translations. I realized that they should be cognate cross-referenced (e.g. puns) as well as translated. Abraham (son of Elohim) makes a deal with Abimelech (son of Moloch)...you get the idea. Down the line, I cross-referenced with Native American sun symbology from Anpao: An American Indian Odyssey, and get lots of Suns, Sons of Suns, Daughters of Sun-Daughters, Dark Fathers, Star Families, priesthoods, virgin princesses, a person with two sides/faces, etc. Then I realized it sounded like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc. The occult and the religious were one and the same, using these dark/light sun references.

So, I said, if the Son of Man coming is just that the Sun goes up and down, or goes away and comes back for seasons, while the moon shows its dark and light sides, the Bible is just a philosophy book operating on one version of reality. When I looked up Wikipedia's pages about statistical decision-making theory, I discovered that Christ's struggle with the Pharisees is adolescence(with its references to utilitarianism versus change), Paul (pall) is after death of a person, etc.

The more I hear about the world's economic struggles, the more I realize that the belief systems are meant to appear separate, but that they are all acting their parts to make the mythology occur as it was planned for the future, not documented in history. "God" is merely a union of souls that try to gain strength in number, referencing the popularity of a particular view of "him," and of course, the religions are written to contradict each other.

8/3/2012 8:32:02 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
treepolitik
Ephrata, PA
32, joined May. 2012

I also discovered how church works: oxytocin, the love chemical. Psychology Today explained that doing things at the same time with other people elevates oxytocin, AND that love activates the addiction part of the brain, which explains (in part) the inability to leave abusive relationships(in some cases, family), the struggle for "married celibacy," the so-called "church-hopping" with repeated results, and the infidelity among Christians in particular.

8/14/2012 5:01:33 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

i_stan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,326)
Byron, GA
67, joined Aug. 2010

. . . 366 days in Viet Nam . . . coupled with the fact "I" "THINK" . . .

8/15/2012 5:30:36 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

omgazn
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
New York, NY
29, joined Apr. 2009

I think i became an Atheist when everything religion teaches is completely fake. Preaching one thing and acting apon another. I believe in following common sense.

8/16/2012 6:06:29 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Common sense...pure common sense.

I was lucky to be born into an Atheist family...and I was lucky NOT because everybody around me was / is a NON-believer but because I was taught since "ever" to reach to my own conclusions, to analyze (think) everything, to reject all those things I didn't feel were true....

8/16/2012 10:49:38 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
danmcdonough
Rosemount, MN
43, joined Jun. 2011

"What Made You Become An Atheist?"

I was born like everyone else.

8/18/2012 8:53:02 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from danmcdonough:
"What Made You Become An Atheist?"

I was born like everyone else.

""Stephen Roberts

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.""

10/3/2012 2:39:01 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
kamiahr
Farmington, NM
36, joined Oct. 2012

I was lucky to grow up in a family who wanted me to learn to think for myself. I went to church several times in my youth with aunts and uncles but even as a child I found the absolute submission of people to religion as something I, myself, could never do. For me it has always been impossible to suspend belief in reality to accept the myth of religion.

10/10/2012 2:03:39 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

roseymart06
Harlingen, TX
25, joined Sep. 2012

Hmmmmm I grew up a Jehovah's witness .. was forced to practice it and go to the kindom halls shit. I never agreed with anything. I just went simply bc my grandparents wanted me to. But... I never fully listened to anything they talked about.... 10 yrs old.. I was in a Catholic home. F**k that didn't believe in praising idols n shit. So i began to questions it more. Read the bible to answer my questions... bc the pastor wouldn't answer mine.. he just said i needed to b saved. I Said f**k u and well since then... the bible was meaningless to me. Religion over al was meaningless. I'm more of an evolutionist. Yep that's my long story short lol

10/24/2012 1:58:00 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

enemyofreality
Tampa, FL
27, joined Mar. 2012

I went to a Sunday school thing when I was little, I even made my communion when I was 8.
The people at the Sunday school were teaching us about Armageddon (when I was four years old mind you) so my mom pulled me out of it. She tried putting me in another school but I hated it so she took me out. I would only go to church on occasion as a kid and eventually we just stopped going. The more I heard about the belief systems the less sense I could make of it. I just didn't want anything to do with it and every person after that I'd meet who was religious turned out to be batshit crazy (like, cult crazy). I read the bible some and it just sounded like fairy tales and fables to me. I couldn't conjure up a place in my mind where the things I read there could be real so I deemed it all fiction and never cared to revisit the idea. I can't help but throw it all into the same category as Santa and the Easter Bunny.

10/25/2012 8:41:12 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
lake7
Kansas City, MO
38, joined Jul. 2011

I was raised In a strict baptist family and I actually remember exactly what first made me question. During a Christmas service the preacher said "if you can spend $100 on your kid for presents, you can give $100 to Jesus on his birthday". I was young but old enough to realize Jesus wasn't getting any money. After that I started really reading the bible and enough said there. It's amazing to me that someone could actually read and study that book and still believe its reality

10/28/2012 12:15:51 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
shelly891
Shreveport, LA
28, joined Oct. 2012

Quote from tubalcain1492:
well here it is. If you feel like sharing with the rest of us about how you became an atheist post it here.

I became an atheist from a combination of reading the bible, science, and history. The major reason was the bible though. The more I read it the less and less I believed.

This is the same with me, but also I always questioned everything. The bible seems like a fairytale to me to brain-wash and control people. It contradicts itself a lot and humans wrote it with multiple different versions not some invisible make-up ghost or whatever you want to call it. Christians say the bible proves he/she/it exist, but it does the complete opposite if you actually read the whole thing and not just pick parts or make-up what you think it meant. Christians are very annoying when they say I am going to hell for not believing, but there's no hell smh

1/16/2013 5:54:12 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
vddhhrhvsary
Over 1,000 Posts (1,322)
Oklahoma City, OK
31, joined Jan. 2013

I dont believe atheist is something you become. You either are or you aren't because you either believe or you don't.

1/16/2013 5:55:31 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
vddhhrhvsary
Over 1,000 Posts (1,322)
Oklahoma City, OK
31, joined Jan. 2013

So i think a better question would be "what made you decide to not become a theist?"

1/17/2013 11:38:38 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

robert_andrew
Indianapolis, IN
23, joined Jan. 2013

Well I'm really not atheist but I don't believe a god or devil but I do believe in hiiipower ? so pass me off as satanic if you don't understand that I'm your last hope I'm your last chance...

1/19/2013 9:28:45 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

differentdenver
Denver, CO
49, joined Dec. 2012

By age 6 or 7 I realized churches bothered me significantly.

I have a hard time dealing with religion especially Christianity as
anything other than mass mental disease. The hypocrisy never ends. Over $3 billion in payoffs by the pedophiles for Christ aka Catholic church in the US alone.

Religion, race and nationalism are used to justify almost every war on the planet.

I don't have any loyalty to country or flag, lines drawn on a map by rich people looking out for their own interests.

I am amazed we invaded Iraq for wmd instead of bulldozing or at least seizing the Catholic churches as a nationwide danger to children. If they were a company, they would be dismantled, with hefty prison sentences.

1/19/2013 10:44:54 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

tannisaur
Huntington, WV
30, joined Jan. 2013

I was raised in a Christian family. I went to church every Sunday but honestly my rejection of religion was not because of my distaste of going to church but because I began to question and do research. I spent two years literally obsessing on religion and I recall in my dorm room after thinking to myself that me praying to my remote to my tv will give the exact same results as me praying to God... I began to research a lot afterwards on evolutions, the big bang etc now I view religion as somewhat a disease plaguing human advancement.

1/22/2013 2:45:50 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
crescenti1992
Orlando, FL
25, joined Jan. 2013

"I view religion as somewhat a disease plaguing human advancement." +1

2/6/2013 2:31:09 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
pigofyourdreams
Orlando, FL
47, joined Feb. 2013

I spent all of my school years in a Catholic school, but abandoned Catholicism/Christianity once I graduated, and was away from all the brainwashing and fear mongering.

I can ramble on incessantly about why I don't "believe", but to sum it up succinctly, I just don't buy the notion that an omnipotent being that supposedly loves us would test our faith by hurting us, bully us into believing, or have any need or desire for our "worship".

"God" is supposed to be perfect, yet what I just described seems rather evil to me.

It just doesn't add up. None of it.

2/21/2013 3:16:03 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
ink4life67
Lewisburg, PA
50, joined Aug. 2012

I was born that way!

2/23/2013 8:03:26 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
no1likesteph
Over 1,000 Posts (1,045)
Little Elm, TX
44, joined Feb. 2013

I just never believed. One of my first memories (I was 4) was in church with my parents. I remember looking around at everyone and thinking... "Wait??... THEY BELIEVE THESE STORIES?! I don't! Ohhh can't tell anyone." I was in the closet most of my life.

2/24/2013 2:31:14 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

tigertj
Los Angeles, CA
30, joined Feb. 2013

Index of Biblical Contradictions:

1. God is satisfied/unsatisfied with his works
2. God dwells/dwells not in chosen temples
3. God dwells in light/darkness
4. God is seen/unseen and heard/unheard
5. God is tired/never tired and rests/never rests
6. God is/is not omnipresent and omniscent
7. God does/does not know the hearts of men
8. God is/is not all powerful
9. God is changeable/unchangeable
10. God is just/unjust or partial/impartial
11. God is/is not the author of evil
12. God gives freely/witholds his blessings
13. God can/cannot be found by those who seek Him
14. God is warlike/peaceful
15. God is cruel/kind
16. God's anger endures for a long/short time
17. God approves/disapproves of burnt offerings
18. God accepts/forbids human sacrifices
19. God tempts man/doesn't tempt man
20. God send lying spirits/doesn't lie
21. God will/will not destroy man
22. God's attributes are revealed/cannot be discovered
23. God is one/many
24. Robbery commanded/prohibited
25. Lying approved/forbidden
26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned/forbidden
27. Killing commanded/forbidden
28. Blood-shedder must/must not die
29. Making of images forbidden/commanded
30. Slavery and oppression forbidden/sanctioned
31. Improvidence enjoyed/condemned
32. Anger approved/disapproved
33. Good works to be seen/not to be seen by men
34. Judging of others forbidden/approved
35. Christ taught non-resistence/taught and practiced physical resistance
36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed/Christ avoided Jews for fear of being killed himself
37. Public prayer sanctioned/disapproved
38. Importunity in prayer commended/condemned
39. Wearing of long hair by men sanctioned/condemned
40. Circumcision instituted/condemned
41. Sabbath instituted/repudiated
42. Sabbath instituted because God rested/because God brought Israelites out of Egypt
43. No work to be done on Sabbath/Christ broke this rule
44. Baptism Commanded/not commanded
45. Every animal allowed for food/certain animals prohibited for food
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned/forbidden
47. Marriage approved/disapproved
48. Freedom of divorce permitted/restricted
49. Adultery forbidden/allowed
50. Marriage/cohabitation with sister denounced, but Abraham married his sister and God blessed the marriage
51. A man may/may not marry his brother's widow
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined/condemned
53. Intoxicating beverages recommended/discountenanced
54. Our rulers are God's ministers and should be obeyed/are evil and should be disobeyed
55. Women's rights affirmed/denied
56. Obedience to masters/obedience only to God
57. There is/is not an unpardonable sin
58. Man was created before/after other animals
59. Seed time and harvest never ceased/ceased for seven years
60. God/Pharoah hardened Pharoah's heart
61. All Cattle and horses died/all cattle and horses did not die
62. Moses feared/did not fear Pharoah
63. Plague killed 23000/24000
64. John the Baptist was/was not Elias
65. Father of Mary's husband was Jacob/Heli
66. Father of Salah was Arphaxad/Cainan
67. Thirteen/Fourteen generations from Abraham to David
68. Thirteen/Fourteen generations from Babylonian captivity to Christ

2/24/2013 2:33:41 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

tigertj
Los Angeles, CA
30, joined Feb. 2013

Index of Biblical Contradictions:

Cont...
69. Infant Christ was/was not taken to Egypt
70. Christ was/was not tempted in the wilderness
71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount/on the plain
72. John was/was not in prison when Jesus went to Galilee
73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff and sandles/neither staves nor sandles
74. A woman of Canaan/Greek woman sought Jesus
75. Two/one blind men/man besought Jesus
76. Christ was crucified on the third/sixth hour
77. Two thieves/only one thief railed at Christ
78. Satan entered Judas at the supper/after the supper
79. Judas committed suicide by hanging/died another way
80. Potter's field purchased by Judas/by the Chief Priest
81. Only one woman/two women went to the sepulchre
82. Three women/more than three women went to the sepulchre
83. It was early sunrise/sometime after sunrise when they went to the sepulchre
84. Two angels standing/only one angel sitting seen by women
85. Two angels/one angel seen at the sepulchre
86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the tomb/only two days and two nights
87. Holy Spirit bestowed at/before Pentecost
88. Disciples commanded immediately after resurrection to go into Galilee/tarry at Jerusalem
89. Jesus first appeared to disciples in a room in Jerusalem/on a mountain in Galilee.
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olive/Bethany
91. Paul's attendants heard/did not hear the miraculous voice
92. Abraham departed to go to Canaan/did not know where he was going
93. Abraham had one/two sons.
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife/concubine
95. Abraham begat a son at the age of 100 years by God's providence/he then had six more sons without God's help
96. Jacob/Abraham brought the sepulchre from Hamor
97. God gave Abraham and his sons the promised land/they never received it
98. Goliath/his brother was slain by Elhanan
99. Ahaziah began his reign in the eleventh/twelfth year of Joram

100. Michal had five children/one child
101. David was tempted by the LORD/by satan to number Israel
102. Number of fighting men in Israel was 800,000/1,100,000, number of fighting men in Judah was 500,000/470,000
103. David sinned in numbering Israel/David never sinned except in the matter of Uriah
104. One of David's penalties for sinning was seven years of famine/there were only three years of famine
105. David took 700/7000 horsemen
106. David bought a threshing floor for 50 sheckles of silver/600 shekles of gold
107. David's throne was to endure forever/David's throne was cast down
108. Christ is equal/is not equal with God
109. Jesus was/was not all-powerful
110. The law was/was not superceded by Christian dispensation
111. Christ's mission was/was not peace
112. Christ did not/did receive testimony from men
113. Christ's witness of himself is true/untrue
114. Christ laid down his life for his friends/enemies
115. It was/was not lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death
116. Children are/are not punished for the sins of their parents
117. Man is/is not justified by faith alone
118. It is impossible/possible to fall from grace
119. No man is without sin/Christians are sinless
120. There will/will not be a resurrection of the dead
121. Reward/punishment bestowed in this/next world
122. Annihilation/endless misery the portion of all mankind
123. Earth is/is never to be destroyed
124. No evil shall/Evil will happen to the Godly
125. Worldly good and prosperity/worldly misery and destitution to be the lot of the godly
126. Worldly prosperity a reward/a curse
127. Christian Yoke is/is not easy
128. Fruit of God's spirit is love and gentleness/vengeance and fury
129. Longevity enjoyed by/denied to wicked
130. Poverty/Riches/Neither a blessing
131. Wisdom a source of enjoyment/vexation, grief, sorrow
132. Good name is a blessing/curse
133. Laughter commended/condemned
134. Rod of correction is cure for foolishness/there is no cure for foolishness
135. Fool should/should not be answered according to his folly
136. Temptation desired/undesired
137. Prophecy is sure/unsure
138. Man's life 120/70 years
139. Fear of man on every beast/fear of man not on the lion
140. Miracles are/are not proof of divine inspiration
141. Moses meek/cruel
142. Elijah ascended to heaven/none but Christ ascended to Heaven
143. All scripture is inspired/Some scripture is not inspired
The End.

3/4/2013 8:25:03 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
tercium
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,255)
Hemet, CA
49, joined Nov. 2010

discontent with the hypocrisy of organized religion.
and also that it was a closed club, I always felt outside the gate.
Plus many are money hungry

[Edited 3/4/2013 8:25:42 PM ]

4/9/2013 9:16:16 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

mynamesnotbrian
Arvada, CO
27, joined Apr. 2013

Firstly my parents decided before I was born that they would let me decide and not push anything on me. It's hard to say what they truly are. Secondly growing up, when religion was pushed on me usually by my grandparents, I just didn't by it. No one really tried to sway me away from it, I just always deep down have though it all was bs. Some of it is interesting I think, but I don't find it factual.

4/9/2013 9:18:22 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

mynamesnotbrian
Arvada, CO
27, joined Apr. 2013

And the overwhelming evidence against it of course.

4/9/2013 9:51:30 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
jdshy
Jacksonville, FL
41, joined Apr. 2013

You don't "become an atheist"... You become a "believer"... Everyone is born an atheist...

Atheist: Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

You are not born with "beliefs"... They are called beliefs, because someone MADE YOU BELIEVE in them.

You can revert back to being atheist, usually after you realize the "beliefs" are just that... beliefs. (Fiction, unreal, in your head, fake, stories) Like Santa, dragons, fairies, mermaids, and Atlantis.

Millions of people believed in dragons, that never made dragons real. They stop believing when they realize the truth. They keep believing when they realize it harms no-one by believing, and because believing in them offers them selfish enjoyment. (Just like a religion.)

Most "believers" don't actually believe what is preached. They do, however, believe that certain preached things are "good", and to them, are a "better way to live". It is the NUTS who believe that "we all have to live that way", and go out of their way to "force their beliefs on us", by "attempting to scare us with false threats of hellfire and damn-nation", and crap like that... which we all hate. Even most of the believers.

[Edited 4/9/2013 9:52:01 PM ]

4/9/2013 9:53:41 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
exustio
Amarillo, TX
26, joined Mar. 2013

I read the bible.

4/9/2013 10:02:47 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
jdshy
Jacksonville, FL
41, joined Apr. 2013

I read the bible.

Which bible? There are thousands and thousands of them... There is no, "The bible". Well, they all say, "the bible", in an attempt to be "the one" that was talked about in "the bible"... lol... Ironic... Like having a sword enscribed world-war-I, before world-war-II.

4/9/2013 11:03:15 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
exustio
Amarillo, TX
26, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from jdshy:
Which bible? There are thousands and thousands of them... There is no, "The bible". Well, they all say, "the bible", in an attempt to be "the one" that was talked about in "the bible"... lol... Ironic... Like having a sword enscribed world-war-I, before world-war-II.

I never thought to list specifics. I've read the KJV, NKJV, NIV, and I've also read part of the Quran(if it can be included)

I think you've a good point. Referring to it as 'the bible' doesn't say much. The translations I've read are all pretty close though.

I'm not sure what translation of Quran I have. It's a PDF(on my pc) and I'm on my phone.

4/13/2013 7:17:38 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
luceurban
San Francisco, CA
80, joined Aug. 2012

I didn't become an atheist: I was born that way and have yet to see or hear anything to indicate I should change.

Well, not quite: I believed in bogeymen, angels, fairies (tooth and others), gods, Santa Claus, goblins. leprechauns, ghouls, zombies, vampires, ghosts, sprites and other phantasmata until I was about eight years old, i.e., old enough to see clearly.

I'm still amazed that people in double-digit ages can still believe all that stuff.

4/18/2013 7:30:52 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
brody18
Kapolei, HI
32, joined Mar. 2013

I just grew up. When people gets smarter they need proof and evidence.

4/26/2013 7:14:26 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
revolve
Virginia Beach, VA
32, joined Jul. 2012

I was born into Christianity, at three years old I told the pastor he didn't make any sense.

The rest is history.

5/14/2013 1:42:13 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
the_real_butler
Tulsa, OK
43, joined Mar. 2013

Common sense, and the magic garden gnome under my porch told me to do it.

5/15/2013 7:34:24 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
meseekingyou38
Warren, MI
42, joined Apr. 2013

The death of my cousin at age 2 from cancer and the factthatwhen my ex wife left me i looked for an answer and went to church and prayed for them to come back and i realized no amount of god would. Besides i'm an intelligent person.

5/17/2013 5:08:03 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
sadfairy333
Largo, FL
54, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from tubalcain1492:
well here it is. If you feel like sharing with the rest of us about how you became an atheist post it here.

I am just trying to figure out this part of the site, but was excited to find so many like-minded people. I grew up in a strict Southern Baptist home with so much hypocrisy and inquiring minds were not allowed....faith, of course. I tried for years to "fit" in but didn't. Finally, when attending college (mid 30's) a biology professor made me realize it's okay to question and be different. Sounds silly but it was the first day of freedom for me. I knew then I was an Atheist.

5/19/2013 1:28:07 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
ghost_890
Over 2,000 Posts (2,297)
Greensboro, NC
36, joined Aug. 2012

Some f**king common sense!!

5/19/2013 1:36:11 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

cronos86
Albemarle, NC
31, joined Feb. 2013

Quote from luceurban:
I didn't become an atheist: I was born that way and have yet to see or hear anything to indicate I should change.

Well, not quite: I believed in bogeymen, angels, fairies (tooth and others), gods, Santa Claus, goblins. leprechauns, ghouls, zombies, vampires, ghosts, sprites and other phantasmata until I was about eight years old, i.e., old enough to see clearly.

I'm still amazed that people in double-digit ages can still believe all that stuff.

Well said.

8/5/2013 12:13:29 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  
tasgosa
Over 2,000 Posts (3,818)
Knob Noster, MO
62, joined Jul. 2013

I'm not a Genuine "Atheist"....
I'm really an *A-A*...

Alien Adventist
(I believe in Superior beings....Not a ~Supreme Being~ )

The very First chance I get.....
I'm getting aboard ...

and Off This Rock!!!

8/11/2013 8:36:27 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

lethavefun2
New York, NY
42, joined Aug. 2013

I knew they were from the start just from hearing them talk and they will refuse to answer a question about. Their religion if they have no good answer and don't know how crazy and dumb they sound . And I have listened to them say some stuff

8/25/2013 7:36:12 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

kalalillie13
Ogden, UT
24, joined Apr. 2013

Well I was raised in the most Molly Mormon family alive, but was always questioning it. I read the Book of Mormon when I was 13 and just thought it was a load of garbage. So I read the bible as well, and that was just as bad. Then my sister got cancer, and my mom started to have a mid-life religious crisis and asked me what I thought about being LDS. That's when she finally believed me and listened to me and she went and did her own research. Now she is agnostic but still leaning more towards atheism. And I just think its all garbage and am a full blown non-believer. Black sheep of the family hahahaha

8/27/2013 4:53:05 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

keenidiot
Milton, FL
29, joined Jul. 2013

Well for me, I was raised with a Catholic mother and a lapsed Methodist father, while attending an evangelical school. Some of you might be familiar, it was the one next to Kent Hovind's dinosaur park.
As a kid I loved science and history and mythology. My CCD teacher gave me my first book on Egyptology and at the Catholic school I transferred to (where I realy should have been held back) I got access to the mythology of the Greeks and Romans and Norse.
It took awhile, but eventually I had to question what separated Christianity in all its myriad forms from these older legends?
And then what of other religions that were still around? How could I reasonably tell which were valid and which weren't?
After high school and working in factories for a few years, I regain my interests in science and history - real science and real history, not the nonsense I had slipped into due to lack of critical thinking.
And as I took my renewed interests and used what I was learning to examine religion critically, I found religion to be morally bankrupt in most cases, as well as being historically dubious at best.
I don't think now that it was much worse than many more secular organizations, but I found nothing that indicated special knowledge or truths unique to any one religion.
After that, all of the apologetics just seemed to be people struggling to justify something that they felt had to be true, even if it wasn't actually true. At which point they didn't matter to me, you can logic anything you want, but that doesn't make it real.

8/28/2013 9:08:41 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from verat:
you didnt become atheist though, you just recognized it.

no one chooses to be atheist.

I would say we all are born Atheists but, because the brainwashing machinery starts to work very early in the lives of people, most individuals are turned into believers. Most never recover.

I was lucky to be born into an Atheist family that had the common sense to bring us up as thinking individuals...

8/28/2013 10:02:32 AM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

walking10
Over 1,000 Posts (1,188)
Port Orange, FL
76, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
I would say we all are born Atheists but, because the brainwashing machinery starts to work very early in the lives of people, most individuals are turned into believers. Most never recover.

I was lucky to be born into an Atheist family that had the common sense to bring us up as thinking individuals...

agree with this
my parents half heartedly[sp] tried to send me to Sunday school but I would sneak out the back door and use the quarter to buy candy.Never got to brain wash me so it all seemed like nonsense passed down from the infinite ignorance of the past.

8/28/2013 12:07:57 PM What Made You Become An Atheist? | Page 2  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from walking10:
agree with this
my parents half heartedly[sp] tried to send me to Sunday school but I would sneak out the back door and use the quarter to buy candy.Never got to brain wash me so it all seemed like nonsense passed down from the infinite ignorance of the past.

Unfortunately, the ignorance of the past is very much into the present.