Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersnals

7 % of the parent isotope remaining in the cloth sample. free dating sites twin cities Even though there may well be a lot of queries you want to ask when online dating, when you spot as well a lot weight on their answers, which can stop you from providing your date a fair shot. You may perhaps want to comprehend where these feelings stem from. omegle snapshot notification Be ready to adjust your social life when you take on a lot more risk.

does tinder actually work for hookups

But if you could just skip all the BS and really get to know your possible suitor? hookup rochester mn Say you are interested in meeting folks and going from there. For us guys, going out into genuine life is the fucking refresher. usasexguide fort myers com.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/26/2012 5:05:05 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
tubalcain1492
Over 1,000 Posts (1,690)
Alabaster, AL
34, joined Feb. 2012

well here it is. If you feel like sharing with the rest of us about how you became an atheist post it here.

I became an atheist from a combination of reading the bible, science, and history. The major reason was the bible though. The more I read it the less and less I believed.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/26/2012 5:43:38 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from tubalcain1492:
well here it is. If you feel like sharing with the rest of us about how you became an atheist post it here.

I became an atheist from a combination of reading the bible, science, and history. The major reason was the bible though. The more I read it the less and less I believed.

Pretty much the same story for me; read the bible cover to cover trying to make sense of it and couldn't get it to mesh with what I know is true about life. Studied other religions with the same result.

2/26/2012 8:40:54 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,398)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

I was born to an Atheist family...WITH PARENTS who always encouraged me to question everything I heard / seen / told...and, in particular, I was encouraged to change my mind if my own reasoning of things told me to do so.

2/26/2012 10:29:46 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

duchessa helped me along the way.. now I screwed up and she blocked me

2/26/2012 10:31:14 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
tubalcain1492
Over 1,000 Posts (1,690)
Alabaster, AL
34, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from thisiswar2:
duchessa helped me along the way.. now I screwed up and she blocked me
What did you do?

2/26/2012 10:36:16 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

What did you do?

He sent me an e/mail with "lazymotherf...r" in the subject.

2/26/2012 11:02:31 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
tubalcain1492
Over 1,000 Posts (1,690)
Alabaster, AL
34, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from duchessa:
He sent me an e/mail with "lazymotherf...r" in the subject.

He wasn't calling you that was he?

2/26/2012 11:10:55 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

it was to show who I was ... my old screen name

2/27/2012 12:14:52 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

He wasn't calling you that was he?

I believe he was.

2/27/2012 11:45:43 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from thisiswar2:
it was to show who I was ... my old screen name

2/27/2012 2:18:06 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from skiwino:

OK...I will not punish him too hard...only few more hours...for growing up.

2/27/2012 3:29:51 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from duchessa:
OK...I will not punish him too hard...only few more hours...for growing up.

That's enough now Duch, he's sorry and he's learned his lesson!

[Edited 2/27/2012 3:30:14 PM ]

2/27/2012 3:50:13 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from skiwino:
That's enough now Duch, he's sorry and he's learned his lesson!

One more hour...

2/27/2012 5:44:55 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

im sorry duchessa will not happen again... I should have been more specific

2/27/2012 7:42:18 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
freaknik2011
Chicago Heights, IL
36, joined Feb. 2012

Any type of spiritual reading and churches done me in. The bible and q'ran became good sci-fi books to me. Preachers, Popes and Pastors we all in sex scandals. The pastor I had as a child only grunted and weezed and ever other body in the church was spazzin like he said something profound. Then I hit 18 and was able to eff it all.

2/29/2012 6:45:36 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
royalalberthall
Detroit, MI
34, joined Feb. 2012

I think I was always an atheist, even as a child. I never really thought about it until a few years ago, though. Too many christians giving me the bugged eyes, looking down on me, trying to make me see their hallucinations. I just got fed up, you know? So, even though I've always been one, the christians helped me to embrace it. To me, the worst part of atheism is the fact that these religous fundies aren't going to get what they deserve...which is (as they perpetually teach) total damnation.

3/3/2012 12:34:55 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
waverunnr
Abington, PA
36, joined Nov. 2011

I grew up.

3/3/2012 12:57:18 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
wonderfulguy63
Rialto, CA
54, joined Jan. 2011

Because of all the Hypocrisy there is in Religion. The way that when they get asked a tough question, all the Christians just say..." Well, it's God's Will " And the very fact that they say there is a God, well, then that must mean there is a Devil, right ? And what is the one thing Satan wants ?...Our souls right ? Well, several times I seriously screamed out to Satan that if he wants my Soul, then appear now.....now Satan now.....I said appear NOW SATAN!!

Well, I guess he must have been too busy....maybe he was at a Hockey game....the " New Jersey Devils " perhaps

Anyways, thats when I KNEW that the Bible was no different then say....Great Expectations....Tom Sawyer...or " Men are from Mars, Women from Venus!! ".....it is JUST a Book! Only thing that seperates it from any other Book is ones OWN " Faith " If other people wanna waste time worshiping that Book, and a God who exists as much as say SANTA FCK'ING CLAUS or the Freaking " Easter Bunny "....go ahead. But all you " Christian Culture Warriors...Leave ME the F U C K Alone! And keep your Bible ways OUT of the country's Government!!

There is NO GOD!....No SATAN! There IS...Only me!...( I AM GOD )...God of my own world. Just like of you are Gods of your own world!

Period!!!

[Edited 3/3/2012 12:58:40 PM ]

3/4/2012 12:16:34 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

i_stan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,326)
Byron, GA
67, joined Aug. 2010

I THINK and I AM AWAKE . . .

3/5/2012 10:32:14 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
dukecitysteve
Albuquerque, NM
23, joined Feb. 2012

You know straight up im my own god only. I choose what i do

3/5/2012 11:50:55 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from royalalberthall:
I think I was always an atheist, even as a child. I never really thought about it until a few years ago, though. Too many christians giving me the bugged eyes, looking down on me, trying to make me see their hallucinations. I just got fed up, you know? So, even though I've always been one, the christians helped me to embrace it. To me, the worst part of atheism is the fact that these religous fundies aren't going to get what they deserve...which is (as they perpetually teach) total damnation.

Of course you were born an athiest; indoctrination comes after.

3/14/2012 10:28:14 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
ohmalley
La Salle, IL
38, joined Feb. 2012

It was actually very easy for me. I saw those commercials with the starving kids n asked my parents why and they told me the truth. I knew I would never follow a god who allowed that crap-ever, no matter how alone I might have felt or anything else. It was a no-brainer. Everything after only solidified my dis-belief. Jesus sounds like a pretty good guy who got a raw deal because the things he said were changing the status quo. Like MLK, like Ghandi and so many others I do not worship but rather greatly respect.

3/15/2012 6:22:38 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
royalalberthall
Detroit, MI
34, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from skiwino:
Of course you were born an athiest; indoctrination comes after.

Which leads to a whole new version of atheism. More adament and sustained.

4/10/2012 11:56:04 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
bjdowdl
Red Bluff, CA
41, joined Mar. 2012

Because I am intelligent ..I will worship the first god who reveals itself to me...Honestly..if there is a god or gods..they would be highly intelligent ..and in my opinion anyways..should have to respect anyone who did not so blindly give faith out of fear

4/11/2012 11:16:20 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
mydnite07
Camden Wyoming, DE
26, joined Jan. 2012

I've been nonreligious for as long as I can remember I never liked being told what I had to believe in which is what my parents tried to do and sent me to a church that basically did the same thing... I do not believe in there being a God or even multiple gods. I believe most occurrences in society are caused by peoples actions... Cause and effect basically.. If people didn't cause it then it's simply just science cause and effect.

4/13/2012 12:15:46 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

urbackdrman
Kellogg, IA
29, joined Mar. 2012

Nothing really made me what I am iv always had a pritty good understanding, an erie feeling about "god" if u will.... an the advances in technology an the things they have uncovered just proves my point to so many friends an family. Whitch in return they get mad?? I just think some people hold on too much of what someone says instead of looking at the big picture right in front of them an they can't handle it. In return they think there's something wrong with you. Everyone has their own mind who are they to tell us what we should or shouldn't believe in....

4/14/2012 12:43:41 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
versabill
Oklahoma City, OK
33, joined Aug. 2011

I guess I became atheist when I realized the bible is one unicorn away from a Disney movie

4/14/2012 6:56:25 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from versabill:
I guess I became atheist when I realized the bible is one unicorn away from a Disney movie

4/15/2012 3:40:21 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
zarathustra71
Elyria, OH
46, joined Jul. 2011

I'm not an Atheist. I belong to the other half of this group (Not Religious).

5/10/2012 12:43:52 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

tipsandapps
Brighton, CO
25, joined Apr. 2012

I was raised Christian... but I was always told that having doubts was bad and I was sick of trying to be perfect, of having questions with no answers, and eventually I just realized that I had no way of knowing if god existed.. and I decided that even if he did, he wasn't worth worshipping.

5/10/2012 4:58:29 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
xfallenangel84
New Rochelle, NY
32, joined Jan. 2012

Pure ignorance and hypocrites in believing that god or religion do magical things

5/10/2012 9:36:06 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
pinguinorojo
Johnson City, NY
31, joined Feb. 2010

I grew up.

5/13/2012 9:12:27 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

devanlee
Niceville, FL
31, joined May. 2012

I grew up, looked into the various religions, read the bible and especially hated the way church goers are the worst to look down on people. In the end if you really look at it all of the religions have so much in common its just crazy, yet they all say they are the one true religion...

5/15/2012 5:02:20 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

spizzy79
San Antonio, TX
37, joined May. 2012

I used to consider myself a christian. Then i was unsure. I thought there could be a god. Then while i was in prison i read a book by an athiest about the process of evolution about hw the world was created from a single molicule and it changed my views drastically. The science and the proof behind every claim was just too much for me. I now whole heartedly am an athiest.

5/28/2012 6:47:42 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
buckeye1332
Marion, OH
38, joined Oct. 2011

I attended a few different churches when I was growing up, with either a friend or family member. I honestly tried to believe, but in the end I could not. I could not find evidence of "god" or "jesus", and did not feel any different than I do today as a non-believer.

I think the thing that really did me in once and for all was the hypocracy with some self-proclaimed "Christians". You all know the type, they go out drinking and carrying on, having affairs if married and/or in a relationship, or sleeping around with anything on 2 legs if single. But yet come Sunday they are Mr or Ms Perfect, and think themselves better than you or I because they go to church and claim to be a Christian.

Me, I know I am not perfect by a long shot. I try to live a honest and good life usuing the morals and values I was taught by my parents, and try to enjoy myself when I can. I don't think less of someone who see things differently than me, or believes in something I do not. I see it as live and let live. I have plenty of friends who believe, and we do not bring the religion topic up because we respect each's beliefs and view points on such things.

But, just don't bring it to my doorstep or try to push me into a corner trying to force-feed your thoughts and beliefs onto me. I am probably one of the most laid back and easy going person, but when someone comes at me that all goes out the window for I do not back down, and I will defend myself.

6/5/2012 7:25:21 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
ruben0017
New York, NY
47, joined May. 2012

I'm thinking about becoming one. I give up asking God to help me get my life on track. He never answer my prayers. I already gave up on myself. Why believe? I live in a unhappy life now. If I didn't have my daughter I would just end myself long time ago.

6/6/2012 4:50:53 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
buckeye1332
Marion, OH
38, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from ruben0017:
I'm thinking about becoming one. I give up asking God to help me get my life on track. He never answer my prayers. I already gave up on myself. Why believe? I live in a unhappy life now. If I didn't have my daughter I would just end myself long time ago.

Life is only as bad as you make it. Things are not always all sunshine and puppy dogs, you have to learn to take the good with the bad. Only you have the power to make changes in your life, never rely on someone or something else to do it for you. Sure, there are things in life that are or seem beyond our control, but then again that reverts back to taking the good with the bad. My life isn't perfect, and it's not always happy, but I won't allow the bad times or things to drag me down and prevent me from moving forward or having thoughts of ending it. Look to the good things you have or had and cherish them, such as your daughter. Do what you need to do to do good for her and yourself, and don't sweat the other stuff.

6/8/2012 12:46:39 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from ruben0017:

Have you spoken to a doctor about this? Serious, deep depression is usually clinical and treatable.

My cousin slit his throat after spending years of counseling with his pastor; the doctor diagnosed clinical depression and treated it. He's happy and well adjusted now.

6/8/2012 4:38:03 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
jhcee
Over 1,000 Posts (1,722)
Los Angeles, CA
34, joined May. 2012

I am.more secular than atheist as religion has zero meaning for me.
I would not say there is no God but I would say he is not important and I can decide for myself what is morality

6/11/2012 6:54:09 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

Around the age of nine I was able to examine some photos taken from the 200" Mt. Palomar
telescope. Deep it peered into the universe. Galaxies upon galaxies. Colliding with each
other! Great explosions of stellar materials. At that point I decided that there was no "Master Plan".

6/15/2012 5:49:21 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
mojo_pin
Over 1,000 Posts (1,517)
Chicago, IL
32, joined Oct. 2008

I've always had doubts. One day, while having yet another conversation about god with my mom, I realized I wasn't going to pretend anymore. I stopped going to church. And I politely asked my mom to stop preaching to me. The preaching got worse. Now she is indoctrinating my child. I wanted to teach my daughter about all different religions from an educational standpoint, but my mom messed that up. Now my 5 year old is a Bible thumper. Great.

6/16/2012 3:01:28 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
paramourqueen2
Philadelphia, PA
33, joined Jun. 2012

I spent a little too much time on YouTube

6/21/2012 6:31:40 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
rini_bo_bini
Over 1,000 Posts (1,217)
Perryville, MO
28, joined Feb. 2012

Hard to say for me.. I've always doubted the spoken/written word of an omnipotent being.

6/21/2012 8:17:50 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
ruskiy13
Sacramento, CA
29, joined Jun. 2012

Same as the OP. I believe in higher power.

6/22/2012 8:20:14 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
kscudder
Indianapolis, IN
29, joined Jun. 2012

Logic, duh.

6/22/2012 1:23:59 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
rmk4
Spring Hill, FL
46, joined Jun. 2012

You could say i started off agnostic but at that age i was a child and could've cared less if god existed or not.Then at 13 years old i decided to try and read a little bit of the bible to see what it was all about.I couldn't make it pass how God created everything in Genesis w/o already thinking "grown adults actually believe this?"The bible basically caused me to go from agnostic to atheist.

6/22/2012 2:38:36 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
cemeteryqirl
Pottsville, PA
42, joined Jun. 2012

Simply put, who could believe such nonsense?

6/22/2012 8:18:51 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

whays
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,629)
Payson, AZ
73, joined Nov. 2008

Would a planning and caring God have created negroes?

6/23/2012 1:29:10 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
two_forthe_road
Decatur, GA
42, joined May. 2012

^^about sums up 50+ and AZ

Now to answer the question.
Everyone is born without belief
I just realized the crap I was told was indeed crap

6/24/2012 10:05:44 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
smitty305
Tucson, AZ
31, joined Jun. 2012

Reading the bible n doin research n learning 4 religions cristian catholic protostant n jehovah, all of it was crap all done the same shit lil diffrent twist, question: how is sum1 gonna judge u for what u did in life when god himself never stepd on this earth, jesus has, but dont judge me for what u havent been thru urself!

6/24/2012 10:38:58 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from smitty305:
Reading the bible n doin research n learning 4 religions cristian catholic protostant n jehovah, all of it was crap all done the same shit lil diffrent twist, question: how is sum1 gonna judge u for what u did in life when god himself never stepd on this earth, jesus has, but dont judge me for what u havent been thru urself!

Believe it or not the Mormons have a book called doctrine and covenants and it says in there that this god that we speak has gone thru the same thing as we have... idk its confusing... but that's what it says in a nutshell

6/28/2012 1:53:31 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
bite_me101
Beaver Dam, KY
23, joined Mar. 2012

When I died and saw nothing but black and when my 1st step dad almost purposely killed me

6/28/2012 10:48:58 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

belphegor1943
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,461)
Austin, TX
34, joined May. 2012
online now!

It wasn't any one thing. I was raised religious. As time went on (the brainwashing wore off) I started thinking... "yeah... no." It's a crutch for people who can't contemplate science, can't handle the idea of not existing in some form, and for people who are just afraid of the dark.

That's really about it. Just like paganism, it will pass, eventually.

6/29/2012 8:33:35 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

igodlike
Saint Petersburg, FL
26, joined Jun. 2012

Follow the money. They say money is the devil and then ask for offerings. And God kills people but loves. GFTO

6/30/2012 5:57:04 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
dajes
Aberdeen, WA
35, joined Jun. 2012

The bible

7/1/2012 1:40:22 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

mylegsarecold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,505)
Gainesville, FL
55, joined May. 2011

Mathematics.

The one basic lesson in math is that if things don't add up properly
then something is wrong. That you have the incorrect answer.

That simple lesson can be applied to anything in life.

The premise of God does not add up.
No matter which way you rearrange the equation of God, it does not add up.
It is incorrect.

I realize now why they want prayer in school.
Because it takes time away from logical thinking.

7/3/2012 7:21:55 AM What Made You Become An Atheist?  

thisiswar2
Fredericktown, MO
30, joined Feb. 2012

Quote from mylegsarecold:
Mathematics.

The one basic lesson in math is that if things don't add up properly
then something is wrong. That you have the incorrect answer.

That simple lesson can be applied to anything in life.

The premise of God does not add up.
No matter which way you rearrange the equation of God, it does not add up.
It is incorrect.

I realize now why they want prayer in school.
Because it takes time away from logical thinking.

7/5/2012 8:16:52 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
rickamdrummer
Lineville, AL
25, joined Jun. 2012

My mother was a stripper and disappeared for most of my life , my stepmother treated me like an unwanted extra , I got pick on and beat up all through school , I stopped my mother from beating my sister and for that was accused of beating my mother, my brother has repeatedly Tried to kill me (he was first born), now the only family I have left is either dying or going blind. Loving God my ass! Christians use the story if job to encourage faith, I think job was a blind fool. Religion is a form of mind control. Everyone in this thread I deem intelligent because you can think for yourselves.

[Edited 7/5/2012 8:18:23 PM ]

7/6/2012 1:30:41 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
ebonysteel
Chicago, IL
41, joined Jun. 2011

Reading the bible and finding contradictions.
Learning more and more about evolution and science.

7/6/2012 5:08:16 PM What Made You Become An Atheist?  
alexandraintx
Indianapolis, IN
87, joined Jul. 2012

Noticing as I grew up that all religions claim to be the only one with all the answers while slamming every other variation of religion was what got me thinking it was all a crock designed to suck money out of people and control their every thought while the bullies patted themselves on the back.

Once the thinking started, I had to wonder what ever happened to the hundreds of different "Gods" who have been worshipped by various people throughout time? The very first one would have been the one most likely to be correct as where did the original thought come from? All the ones who came after were patterned off that original God concept. Yet the original God sprang from the fearful and superstitious mind of Stone Age man prior to the advent of science and modern day knowledge. So God to me became the monster under the bed, the thing that went bump in the night to strike fear into the soul of ancient man to encourage them to stay alert to survive in a wild world.

Of course, as they were precursors to humankind, the bullies amongst them soon figured out that they could use the fear to create a specific kind of God and ultimately created the first religions for the purpose of maintaining power by subjugating the uneducated masses who hadn't thought of it first. And so it continues to this day.

All the wars in history were created by religion and religious differences. I have to laugh that today if someone hears voices or has an imaginary friend they are immediately put on anti-psychotic medications... unless they say their imaginary friend is named God or Jesus. As if that makes it less psychotic.