Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookups orange county

I let revenue and the honest conversations about it turn into a wedge in my relationship. colorado springs hookup Hold your connection alive below quarantine with these guidelines. Despite the fact that modest but not tiny, they show that your companion is a caring, psychological and caring individual. online dating morocco Register with a placement service of any qualified organization to which the claimant is a member.

best sex hookup apps 2015

So we have been maintaining in touch with facebook and skype face to face chats. online dating birmingham I maintain going back and forth, like maybe I need to try to go back now, she mentioned. Seeking for an icebreaker that will speedily permit your training session participants to meet fellow participants? Will need an icebreaker that will warm up the group with action and movement? This speed meeting icebreaker will accomplish each of these objectives. rubratings chattanooga This is a frequent difficulty with many friends I ve talked to.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/24/2012 11:33:57 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
tom4672
Over 1,000 Posts (1,448)
Toms River, NJ
70, joined Jun. 2009

True Cupo, The anger was misplaced then,,,, and now Media is attacking the American soldier again!

Start condeming the Bad guys for terrorizing our people. As Christians in twenty years we will question ourselves and have nightmares about the body parts we had to collect and identify. Ours?? Theirs?? Boy?? Girl??

War is hell and because no one wants to be there, todays soldier is forced to pull multiple tours.

Memorial day: May 28 Raise a cup of thanks!!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/12/2012 12:26:10 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

i_stan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,326)
Byron, GA
67, joined Aug. 2010

I am a combat Viet Nam veteran, crew-chief on a Huey, (26) earned Air Medals (means nothing) with them plus $2.25 I can get a good cup of coffee, point is,"QUIT YOUR F**KIN' WHINNING!" . . .

5/13/2012 1:32:24 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Its been long enough fellas. If we Vietnam vets want to do anything other than whine it should be to stand up for this generation of soldiers and demand they get better than we did. In my opinion a lot of guys are crying about water under the bridge from 40 years ago and need to let it go. Ive met plenty of dudes claiming to be a vet who arent and a lot blaming stuff on Vietnam that werent even there and if so didnt see or do shit.I know shitburners and I know soldiers. As a medic I had plenty chances to watch men do brave things. They did it for each other. Nobody expected credit or parades or a pat on the back.

5/13/2012 8:22:40 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
fiacha
Lorton, VA
40, joined Feb. 2012

I don't believe that they expected parades or pats on the back but I do think it is right to expect to be treated fairly and as human beings when they got home. The best way to continue doing it for each other is to stand up not only for what they didn't get but what soldiers today don't get either. Enough time has passed to make some difference in the way PTSD is being handled because of the effects of it from earlier generations. If they hadn't said anything about it nothing would have been done. If they are upset about the way people treat them or view them they are entitled to express it. For a person to reject someone for being proud of their service to their country is ridiculous.

Quote from whiskeyrichard:
They did it for each other. Nobody expected credit or parades or a pat on the back.

5/14/2012 3:32:52 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

rookjenny
Over 1,000 Posts (1,687)
Bean Station, TN
48, joined May. 2012

Hey,i've never been in the military,but nearly went to the airforce.....i have a good vietnam vet friend who was a bomber pilot in vietnam,and i just want to say that us old tennessee boys are proud of you guys.....we love all of you,and God bless!!!

5/14/2012 4:33:12 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,851)
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from i_stan:
I am a combat Viet Nam veteran, crew-chief on a Huey, (26) earned Air Medals (means nothing) with them plus $2.25 I can get a good cup of coffee, point is,"QUIT YOUR F**KIN' WHINNING!" . . .

my 24 air medals mean nothing??? now i got a reason to whine.

5/14/2012 7:41:48 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

I dont know where the lady thinks she has the scratch to dress me out or anybody else about Vietnam. She wasnt even born yet.This is a vets group.Im betting she aint one. Nothing pisses me off more than somebody talking about Vietnam who wasnt there. Im all for letting go of it--except among those who went.We share something that most of our generation didnt want to be part of and would as soon forget.When somebody rips the scab off those feelings its a problem.I want to put Vietnam behind me and if I can do anything to make make it better for this generation of soldiers I will. But dont try to tell me whats-what.YOU DONT F###ING KNOW.

[Edited 5/14/2012 7:42:31 PM ]

5/15/2012 8:08:21 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

the lady gets the scratch from being in america where folks say what they think. and yov don't get a say in this forvm being a place for vets only to speak their mind.

5/15/2012 9:26:07 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

People can say whatever they want brother. I will give you that. But it doesnt mean they know shit. Dont try to talk down to me.

5/15/2012 9:41:24 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

BTW my friend. 24 air medals? Really? Guess what?
Jimmy Doolittle got the Medal of Honor, but he was only awarded 4 Air Medals. John Glenn got 3. Chuck Yeager got 4. John McCain got 3. Chesty Puller got got 3. Gen.Curtis Lemay got 4. Buzz Aldrin got 3. How long were you in Vietnam? One tour? Two years? Thats a Air Medal every month.Really?

5/16/2012 9:50:24 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

thirteen months. prolly as long as it took yov to earn the 26 yov earned. my crew chief earned more than me too. bvt i'll bet i flew more missions in that year and a month than doolittle, glenn and yeager combined flew in all their wars. maybe i'll look it vp. chvck i know personally and he's said often he wishes he'd seen more combat than he did.

[Edited 5/16/2012 9:53:19 AM ]

5/16/2012 10:49:36 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,703)
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

My Dear Mr. GoofBall whiskeyrichard ,
I cannot speak for the others....
But I did peek at your profile..
and I wanna thank you for being so honest
cause after a gal reads about YOU..
They'll think Im is a winner..!!!
NOW...
______

Digital Dog

5/16/2012 11:06:05 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
just_zoe1958
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,787)
Burlington, VT
58, joined Dec. 2011

Damn us civilian always sticking our noses in where it doesn't belong. Sending care packages, praying, supporting, crying, waiting at home for dad, brother, son, husband,attending Veteran memorials, trying so hard to be there and understand. We should mind our own business and not care about what you all have done and been through to keep us safe and making this the best place to live.
Us civilian don't know how to empathize, relate or, God forbid, care.

5/16/2012 2:50:09 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

ya can stick that pretty nose in any place i'm near.

5/16/2012 3:17:15 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
just_zoe1958
Burlington, VT
58, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from jrbogie1949:
ya can stick that pretty nose in any place i'm near.

Oh you sweet talker, you!

5/16/2012 4:27:38 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,157)
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Zoe you're a sweetie.

5/16/2012 4:33:06 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from i_stan:

Aw,,Stan. No one's whining. The point is that after 40 something years there is still a disdain for Viet Nam Veterans. Why are you so pissy? These people who think like this are less than zero to me. It's just an interesting observation. I was there with the 4th Inf. Div. as a grunt in 67-68. I'm good with it. Why aren't you? Anyway,,,Welcome Home Bro

5/16/2012 5:07:44 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from i_stan:

I am sorry to hear that Mr. i_stan,
I too am a combat vet..
And with my awards, medals, commendations,
citations, and respect I earned in Viet nam..
I can ( and DO ) go to any of my old
service/unit pals and can get a hug, a kiss,
and even a meal from their wives, daughters,
girlfriends, or significant other should I desire...
But then again..
I aint as polite, kind, laid back,
and considerate as you..!!

______

Digital Dog

5/17/2012 10:19:52 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Well sir digitdog Im sorry you cant appreciate my sense of humor but I belong here and will continue to join in when I feel like it. Im passing time here and having a few laughs and not harming anyone so I guess you will just have to suffer my comments.
jrbogie- I did the first half of my tour with a platoon of the 501st (101st ABN). Most medics did the same.After six months ,give or take I got reassigned to a Medical unit. In my case it was the 326th Air Ambulance of the 50th. As crew I treated wounded during dustoff medevacs en route from the field to the hospital at Phu Bai. I got a Air Medal then, but I dont know about subsequent clusters etc, because I never saw any orders for them and havent looked at my 214 for years. If you got 24 Im impressed as hell because Ive never known anyone who did and didnt realize pilots or crew were getting them that frequently. What were you flying, Cobras? Again, sorry mr. digit.

5/17/2012 12:11:38 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Well sir digitdog Im sorry you cant appreciate my sense of humor but I belong here and will continue to join in when I feel like it. Im passing time here and having a few laughs and not harming anyone so I guess you will just have to suffer my comments.
jrbogie- I did the first half of my tour with a platoon of the 501st (101st ABN). Most medics did the same.After six months ,give or take I got reassigned to a Medical unit. In my case it was the 326th Air Ambulance of the 50th. As crew I treated wounded during dustoff medevacs en route from the field to the hospital at Phu Bai. I got a Air Medal then, but I dont know about subsequent clusters etc, because I never saw any orders for them and havent looked at my 214 for years. If you got 24 Im impressed as hell because Ive never known anyone who did and didnt realize pilots or crew were getting them that frequently. What were you flying, Cobras? Again, sorry mr. digit.

PLeeeezzzeeeee Mr. whiskeyrichard: ,
If I offended you I apologize..
The fact is..
I REALLY LIKE YOU and your humor..!!!
Your military service is not my concern..
But your educated, progressive, kind
and warm intellectual approach to dating
and women in general is of no suffering to MEeeeee..!!
With you here..
Now I gots a chance of a date..!!

______

Digital Dog

5/17/2012 1:08:02 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

digit sir I like your stuff and respect you also. I might be a fat old country boy but I read books and have developed a attitude that life is too short and sometimes all we can do is laugh at each other.Ive seen enough bad and my own lifes experience has taugh me that tears are always just over the next hill. If I got you wrong I apologize. As for women I aint expecting to find one here and frankly dont want one long term.
You should check out Rabbit Hash Ky. on google or whatever. We are a little speck in the road right down on the river across from Indiana close to Cincinnati Ohio. We have a general store that goes back to the Civil War and a dog is our mayor.I Swear. A dog. You can look it up, theres a website. We have barn dances and on weekends when its nice hundreds of bikers come hear to hang out and drink beer or shine. People sell crafts, food and players come down and fiddle and pick for free and do jam sessions.We kind of remind ya of a hippie community except most of us have been here for generations and nobody sells their land to outsiders or developers. Theres quite a few of us that are Vietnam vets here and we share what we have. Now some of the guys are grandfathers and have kin coming back from these wars and we try to look out for them because the economy here isnt great. I got a distillery pension and another as a game warden and live high on the hog and have more than I need.Its a peaceful place and theres plenty fat girls to keep me busy. After Vietnam all I wanted was to be left alone and Ive been able to do it here. I hope you live long and well also.

5/17/2012 1:45:04 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

My Dear Mr. whiskeyrichard,
I concur with all you state..
Curahee my brother.. CURRAHEE..

______

Digital Dog

5/17/2012 3:19:08 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Well yeah I heard of Currahees.When I was part of the 501st we were the "Geronimo" battalion. Im a native of Kentucky and lived all my life (so far) here except for service. My daddy was 501st in WWII and he was a medic at the Bulge.He didnt talk much about it but when I got old enough for the draft I knew I would end up going so I asked his opinion. I didnt want to fight but I didnt want to duck it either. He talked a bit then and i went to the recruiter. He told me he could guarantee me 68whiskey, but he couldnt promise me 101st. In Kentucky everybody knows about the 101st.Its here and its something we are proud of and a lot of guys either want Ft. Knox or Ft. Campbell. but I didnt want tanks or whatever. So I went to Knox for Basic and Sam Houston for AIT.I went to jump school and thats the only jumps I ever made. When I got to Vietnam I was at the 90th Replacement Center and some clerk asked for my orders during processing and saw my MOS. He was just typing and shit and I said "can I go to the 101st?" He looked at me and said something like "are ya nuts?" so long story short I went to Phu Bai on a C-130 and then to a platoon as a medic. After Vietnam I did some months at Ireland Army Hospital at Ft. Knox and even worked for a recruiting staion in Louisville driving recruits to the induction center at Nichols .

5/29/2012 12:55:42 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

newstart49
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,308)
Umatilla, OR
68, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from gdaddy47:
Aw,,Stan. No one's whining. The point is that after 40 something years there is still a disdain for Viet Nam Veterans. Why are you so pissy? These people who think like this are less than zero to me. It's just an interesting observation. I was there with the 4th Inf. Div. as a grunt in 67-68. I'm good with it. Why aren't you? Anyway,,,Welcome Home Bro

A good % of the men, actually boys in VietNam were drafted and had no choice(Yea they could have fled the country)

The VietNam war was a political mess, the messed up many good people. I have many good friends and relatives that proudly served their country and fought in Viet Nam.
Not only did many of these people end up with long term physical and mental problems they ended up having to fight for their military benefits too. Sadly this is still the case with returning military personal from our current wars.

For all you VietNam vets I thank you for all your service.
I thank you for putting up with all the crap that you did not deserve.
God Bless you all for your many sacrifices.

5/29/2012 2:06:58 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

bry990
Dixon, MO
44, joined Mar. 2009

Yes I know its been said numberous times, but to all those who have served thank you for your service.

My father was a 'Nam Vet. People told me he was soooo different when he got back, a little before my time. What I remember was he never really stopped fighting that war, I recall hearing him at night hollering out names I knew not whom. He may have survived the conflict but not the ongoing war in his head. He had a heart attack during one of his flashbacks, we called the ambulance but ended up taking him to the hospital ourselves because the ambulance crew in the area did not want to deal with nor had an idea how to deal with someone suffering from the effects of a flashback. Thank God my grandfather a WWII vet was on hand. My father did not recover an passed away a few days later.

I have met all kinds of people who hate the military, rather its because of their religious beliefs, their so called ethics, but most of them are just down right ignorant. I had an old woman spit on me and called ME a baby killer when she learned that my father was a 'Nam Vet, I was twelve years old at the time.

Over the years I have heard from friends and family an sometimes some old farmer tell me their experiences. An I am surprise that they are still alive. I listened of course, I never got the honor (okay F4 here) to serve, ended up doing .... let's just call it contract work. Closes I could get, an I've had my less than wonderful experiences. But nothing like the war stories I've listened too.

5/29/2012 2:50:13 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
just_zoe1958
Burlington, VT
58, joined Dec. 2011

I agree with what Ms. Newstart said: "For all you VietNam vets I thank you for all your service.
I thank you for putting up with all the crap that you did not deserve.
God Bless you all for your many sacrifices."

You did what was asked of you.
You love our beautiful country and all it stands for.
You did what you did for all those suffering and those needing your protection.
Because you have opened my eyes, I will always go out of my way to thank a Vietnam Vet.
That is what you and every veteran deserveswhen they return for war.
Thank you.

5/29/2012 3:34:09 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
futureplans
Lobelville, TN
59, joined Jul. 2011

I am proud to say I come from a military family and anyone who isn't
someone I would want to be around.

5/29/2012 4:43:06 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from futureplans:
I am proud to say I come from a military family and anyone who isn't
someone I would want to be around.

I come from
a dysfunctional family..
does that count..???

___
-XoXoXoX-

Digital Dog

5/29/2012 6:43:42 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

hey digit Im a hillbilly and I will arm wrestle you for the title of "most dysfunctional"! I live in Northern Ky. in Rabbit hASH (NO LIE).Jerry Springer used to be mayor across the river in Cincinnati. He got busted for writing a check to a hooker at a hotel over here! Larry Flynnt is from just up the road in Covington across from the Great American Ballpark (CINCI REDS). Ya cant get more dysfunctional that THAT Larry unless you count a guy who ran for governor here every election (until he died) on a legalization platform (Gatewood Galbraith III) and drove a car covered with pot seeds and fueled by hemp oil.

5/29/2012 7:09:10 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
nenebubbles
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,920)
Naperville, IL
76, joined Mar. 2008

And some of us still love you Viet Nam Veterans!

You handsome young men came back from Nam and ate Sunday dinner at our home in Quantico (that showed your bravery because I couldn't cook well then; still can't), played football in the backyard, sat in the livingroom or patio in the evening talking and taking turns holding our baby daughter. Some of you were seriously wounded (outside and inside) but you were there for each other.

I will always remember you and your bravery and your gentleness. I cannot say thank you enough for your service, sacrifices, and time.

5/29/2012 8:37:12 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
futureplans
Lobelville, TN
59, joined Jul. 2011

My point is Everyone should be proud of the military that serve. I have
no place in my life for those who show disrespect and dishonor to those
who are in the military. What was your family like when you returned from
Vietman?

5/30/2012 7:19:50 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

jrbogie1949
Ventura, CA
68, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from futureplans:
My point is Everyone should be proud of the military that serve. I have
no place in my life for those who show disrespect and dishonor to those
who are in the military. What was your family like when you returned from
Vietman?

if that was yovr point then perhaps next time yov'll choose words other than 'I am proud to say I come from a military family and anyone who isn't
someone I would want to be around.'

my family is made vp of individvals, each with their own views. some expressed those views when i retvrned from viet nam, some didn't.

[Edited 5/30/2012 7:21:26 AM ]

5/31/2012 5:08:45 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

I work on base here at Ft. Campbell, Ky. I deal with soldiers everyday and have met lots of them. We have a huge membership at one of the local VFWs which is full of our new veterans. Everyone of them think very highly of us Viet Nam veterans. If any of you want to know the feeling then get around some of this generation's soldiers. They are awsome. This greatly overshadows any silly person harboring ill feelings towards us as Viet Nam veterans. These silly people are less than a zero. They mean nothing to me or you. They're are just a hold over from the old days.
Bless our troops and a SALUTE to all our veterans and our families. Without our supporters in civilian life we would have never been able to do our job.

5/31/2012 7:12:34 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

digitaldog
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from gdaddy47:
I work on base here at Ft. Campbell, Ky. I deal with soldiers everyday and have met lots of them. We have a huge membership at one of the local VFWs which is full of our new veterans. Everyone of them think very highly of us Viet Nam veterans. If any of you want to know the feeling then get around some of this generation's soldiers. They are awsome. This greatly overshadows any silly person harboring ill feelings towards us as Viet Nam veterans. These silly people are less than a zero. They mean nothing to me or you. They're are just a hold over from the old days.
Bless our troops and a SALUTE to all our veterans and our families. Without our supporters in civilian life we would have never been able to do our job.

I concur whole heatedly..!!
I HATE meeting the new young troopers..
SPECIALLY in social situations..
I try to thank them for protecting me
and their service to our country..
and instead they want to thank me..
shake MY hand and salute ME..??..!!
I get so embarrassed....
but when I am alone and think about them..
I am relieved and thankful to know that
if not in our country...
courage, discipline, respect, and pride
is ALIVE and thriving in our military..

Digital Dog

5/31/2012 10:31:13 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

My little place on the river is right across from Lawrenceburg Indiana and theres three riverboat casinos.We usually take a boat over and hit the buffets and play the machines from time to time. A lot of guys wear a baseball hat now from a unit or their branch ,especially older guys. I speak to each one I see and shake their hand. Its good to see more Vietnam vets feeling good about our service.I always have but I know lots didnt.

6/1/2012 1:23:17 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

cari11
Frankfort, KY
62, joined Dec. 2011

No I cannot believe this person nor can I believe how people are acting about our war hero's today. My personal feeling is anyone who is willing to fight for there country is a hero and I am proud to c all them my friend. I am from that era and have two brothers, a step son and my deceased husband were and are military. So you stand proud, I am and always will be proud of our military.

6/1/2012 8:09:38 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

heatwave516
Burns, TN
73, joined May. 2011

I watched my brother arrive home from Nam, an 11 year Marine CPL and be stoned and had tomatoes and eggs thrown at him. My heart was so broken for him as he never asked to be there. This was a war for absolutely nothing constructive and still to thisday the veterans suffer shame from people thay don't even have a clue about what even happened. My brother lives with me and is welcome forever. He is productive but I will admit he still suffers from PTS, can you blame him. They DRAFTED the kids from 17 yrs on with no idea of where they were going or what was expected of them and then treated them like 3rd world world citizens or less for following orders. I am a child of the late 60's and 70's and have no egrets but please, and I' asking you nicely, leave our HEROES alone.

6/2/2012 1:12:17 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
october4696
Bowling Green, KY
66, joined Apr. 2012

Couldn’t sleep so I got on here tonight just looking around reading few post some are heartbreaking to know there are still so many people with hate in their hearts over the Vietnam war; I would like to say to all our military men that has served our country *Thank You* each and every one; if it was not for you we would not be able to live in such a beautiful country free to work, live, play, free to get up on Sunday mornings pick up our bible and go to church. I am proud of my country proud of our military and proud of my first husband Sgt. Brinson I. Paul USMC killed August 20th. 1968 Vietnam. I was 17 when Brinson was killed I wanted to die also, for he was my life my world. both my brother's was in the Marines. When someone disrespects our country, loved ones, I do become highly angry.*I love our country,our men that has served our country***USA***Thank You***God Bless***

Brinson Ira Paul Sergeant PERSONAL DATA Home of Record: Memphis, TN Date of birth: 01/26/1944 MILITARY DATA Service: United States Marine Corps Grade at loss: E5 Rank: Sergeant ID No: MOS: 0311: RIFLEMAN Length Service: 04 Unit: CAP 2-4-3, CACO 2-4, 2ND CAG, COMBINED ACTION, III MAF CASUALTY DATA Start Tour: 02/27/1968 Incident Date: 08/20/1968 Casualty Date: 08/20/1968 Age at Loss: 24 Location: , South Vietnam Remains: Body recovered Casualty Type: Hostile, died outright Casualty Reason: Ground casualty Casualty Detail: Other explosive device URL: www.VirtualWall.org/dp/PaulBI01a.htm ON THE WALL Panel 47W Line 011

6/2/2012 1:25:59 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Hey Veterans,
Do you see the love and kinsmanship from these "civilians"? Some on here don't like them to post in our group and I'm sorry you feel like this. It's your right though. I don't see how we could have ever made it without these wonderful people who only wanted the best for us. You know stuff like safe returns, being physically unscathed by the violence we endured, for us to know that even though they couldn't serve they were in our corner.
I say God bless 'em.

The last few posters before me are really appreciated. As a matter of fact, they all are.

Doesn't all this war crap just make you tired sometime? It does me but we have to keep on going with a smile. We have too much to be thankful for and have many vets and non vets to help.

[Edited 6/2/2012 1:26:58 AM ]

6/2/2012 9:42:46 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Hey Dig
I work at Ft.Campbell and deal with the 4th BCT from time to time. Our company takes care of voice/data on base. The 4th BCT is full of great people and have a great legacy. They always treat me with great respect when I go there.
They have some memorabilia on their hall walls that show their time in Nam.

6/2/2012 11:24:34 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Mam. Kids didnt even register for the Selective Service until age 18. No 17 year old were ever drafted for Vietnam. With parental consent they could enlist though.I guess a few did.

6/3/2012 10:36:08 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
alonghairedlady
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,489)
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from gdaddy47:
I had my profile on another dating site. A woman, who is a self-proclaimed liberal started writing me. After a couple of letters from her she said she was a war protestor back in the seventies. She said she love Obama and all he stood for. I wrote her back and said I detested Obama and everything he stands for. I also told her I was a proud Viet Nam Veteran. She said she couldn't be with someone whose values made them proud of being a Viet Nam Veteran and who supported our involvement over there.

Can you imagine anyone with that mindset after all these years?

i am sorry you had to go through that Buddy

with her and with anyone who disrespected you

[Edited 6/3/2012 10:38:46 PM ]

6/4/2012 1:43:55 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

oifveteran
Bridgeport, IL
35, joined Oct. 2011

I honestly have a great amount of respect for the Vietnam Veterans out there. My generation has it easy compared to the stuff you saw. Some of the stories a close and personal friend has shared with me makes my time in combat seem like a day in a flower shop. My hat is off to all of you and I salute each and every one who served over in Vietnam.

6/4/2012 10:16:05 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
just_zoe1958
Burlington, VT
58, joined Dec. 2011

Being a cat lover and see this really touched me. I am not sure if the story is true or not. The piture itself says it all. It shows that our Vietnam and Korean soldiers are compassionate, good people even in the most vile situations.

"This photo was taken in Korea in 1953. The little kitten named Miss Hap was only two weeks old. She became an orphan because of war and was rescued by Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor. He adopte...d the kitten after the mother cat died from the war. According to the Marine, the name was derived “because she was born at the wrong place at the wrong time.”
58 years later Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor writes:
"Miss Hap was weaned on meat out of C rations and she grew into a large girl that thought I was her father. When I left Korea, I left her in the care of another Marine. When I returned in '53, she was alive and well. At 83, I'm still saving orphans. Have two cats, Molly and Max. They never leave the house."

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6/4/2012 10:34:21 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

bones01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,598)
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be never so vile. This day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."
Shakespeare, William

The price we paid to fully understand these words from Shakespeare, we hold dear to our hearts I think.

6/4/2012 11:39:07 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
alonghairedlady
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from oifveteran:
I honestly have a great amount of respect for the Vietnam Veterans out there. My generation has it easy compared to the stuff you saw. Some of the stories a close and personal friend has shared with me makes my time in combat seem like a day in a flower shop. My hat is off to all of you and I salute each and every one who served over in Vietnam.

absolutely .... thank you for your service as well

in a time of such disrespect and self centeredness in our youth

it is very encouraging to see young people in support of our Vietnam Vets

i just saw most of the movie Vietnam on HD ...Wow...

so much i never knew about the war and so much more i will never know

These brave young guys stepped up to the plate

...they left all they had and all they knew

not knowing what they were in for , to fight a brutal war

just like their Daddies did ~ giving their all in wars gone by for what they believed in

for honor~ for freedom ~ for Country to protect the south vietnamese from the attack of the communists

and for other noble reasons many of us civilians will never know or be able to fathom

[Edited 6/4/2012 11:42:04 AM ]

6/4/2012 11:45:40 AM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
alonghairedlady
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

sorry for the last double post

6/4/2012 12:09:06 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from bones01:
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be never so vile. This day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."
Shakespeare, William

The price we paid to fully understand these words from Shakespeare, we hold dear to our hearts I think.

Bones,,,Yes. Brother

6/4/2012 9:26:12 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
alonghairedlady
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

[Edited 6/4/2012 9:26:36 PM ]

6/4/2012 9:56:49 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (279,881)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Quote from bones01:
Shakespeare, William

..... Awesome!

6/4/2012 10:10:30 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Cupocheer, yep it's a wonderful that bones posted. I kept this and am going to send it to some other people.

6/5/2012 7:39:35 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Im betting bones or gdaddy can tell you what is incorrect on the statue of Three Soldiers! I also wonder why its so seldom that anyone ever gives credit to the women who died in Vietnam or display pics of The Army Nurses Memorial.It sits just a few feet away.As a medic it is to me every bit as important.

6/5/2012 8:12:38 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I would hazard a guess Whiskey, that the women who died in VietNam were medical staff military personnel and as such were seen as "only" women because they did not serve on the front lines as women do today. Just speculation on my part however.

6/5/2012 9:07:19 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

I think you just sharpened my point lady.Thank you. Vietnam was just a series of battles. The US won most of those battles.No front existed as such. The DMZ was a actually pretty safe place to be.It was zeroed in by the New Jersey and the 7th Fleet.The USAF could dump bombs there 24/7. So Charlie wasnt attacking there. He came in from the borders Laos, Cambodia. He infiltrated to the cities,villages, and hamlets .He had the NVA supplying him through China and Russia and they believed in what they were fighting and dying for and they did it in terrble numbers.
On our side America lost not because we got defeated in battle.I dont think that ever happened on any scale.It didnt. But we as a people we couldnt believe these little pheasants could stand up to us ,our weapons and superiority. They won simply because they never stopped fighting. It crushed our national ego.We were ashamed.This happened on the heels of Korea where we were forced to a bitter stalemate against the Commies. As a result we wanted it to go away like it never happened. The men who fought? We didnt want to recognize them. Forget it.The women? Are ya kidding me? They got nothing!

6/6/2012 5:49:54 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Never ever think that MEDICS weren't held in high regard by us grunts and the general public. DOC was the man and we took care of him. When the sh*t was going down and he heard the call "DOC" he went. When he said "come here and put pressure on this" we did. Bullets flying everywhere and he didn't flinch. It was like he was just too zoned. Thank you sir for your service.

6/6/2012 6:00:29 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Im betting bones or gdaddy can tell you what is incorrect on the statue of Three Soldiers! I also wonder why its so seldom that anyone ever gives credit to the women who died in Vietnam or display pics of The Army Nurses Memorial.It sits just a few feet away.As a medic it is to me every bit as important.

Nope, tell us. Flak vests?

6/6/2012 7:49:41 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

In my heart and memory I hold all VietNam veterans (male and female) in the highest regard which all heros deserve.

6/6/2012 8:40:30 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Other than we never wore flak vests, the only thing I noticed was the flash suppressor on the M-16 was not the type we had. I don't know when the new one came out, but we used ours for busting the wire on C-Rat cases.

6/6/2012 8:47:47 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Military - U.S. Air Force

Capt. Mary Therese Klinker On the Wall at
01W 122
The Virtual Wall

Capt. Klinker, a flight nurse with the 10th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron temporarily assigned to Clark Air Base in the Philippines, was on the C-5A Galaxy which crashed on April 4 outside Saigon while evacuating Vietnamese orphans. This is known as the Operation Babylift crash. From Lafayette, IN, she was 27. She was posthumously awarded the Airman's Medal for Heroism and the Meritorious Service Medal.
Also remembered at:
Westchester NY Memorial

Military - U.S. Army

2nd Lt. Carol Ann Elizabeth Drazba On the Wall at
05E 046
The Virtual Wall
Lt. Drazba and Lt. Jones were assigned to the 3rd Field Hospital in Saigon. They died in a helicopter crash near Saigon, February 18, 1966. Drazba was from Dunmore, PA, Jones from Allendale, SC. Both were 22 years old.
Also remembered at:
Westchester NY Memorial

2nd Lt. Elizabeth Ann Jones On the Wall at
05E 047
The Virtual Wall

Capt. Eleanor Grace Alexander On the Wall at
31E 008
The Virtual Wall
Capt. Alexander of Westwood, NJ, and Lt. Orlowski of Detroit, MI, died November 30, 1967. Alexander, stationed at the 85th Evac., and Orlowski, stationed at the 67th Evac. in Qui Nhon, had been sent to a hospital in Pleiku to help out during a push. With them when their plane crashed on the return trip to Qui Nhon were two other nurses, Jerome E. Olmstead of Clintonville, WI, and Kenneth R. Shoemaker, Jr. of Owensboro, KY. Alexander was 27, Orlowski 23. Both were posthumously awarded Bronze Stars.
Also remembered at:
Westchester NY Memorial

"Letter to Eleanor" by Rhona Marie Knox Prescott

1st Lt. Hedwig Diane Orlowski On the Wall at
31E 015
The Virtual Wall

2nd Lt. Pamela Dorothy Donovan On the Wall at
53W 043
The Virtual Wall

Lt. Donovan, born in Wirral, Merseyside, UK of Irish parents, and raised in Brighton MA, became seriously ill and died on July 8, 1968 in Gia Dinh, South Vietnam. She was assigned to the 85th Evac. in Qui Nhon and was 26 years old at her death. Buried Mount Hope Cemetery, Walkhill Street, Boston (Grave #26, US Servicemen's Lot, Row 14 Laurel Ave.) See also The Irish on the Wall.
Also remembered at:
Westchester NY Memorial

1st Lt. Sharon Ann Lane On the Wall at
23W 112
The Virtual Wall
Lt. Lane died from shrapnel wounds when the 312th Evac. at Chu Lai was hit by rockets on June 8, 1969. From Canton, OH, she was a month short of her 26th birthday. She was posthumously awarded the Vietnamese Gallantry Cross with Palm and the Bronze Star for Heroism. In 1970, the recovery room at Fitzsimmons Army Hospital in Denver, where Lt. Lane had been assigned before going to Viet Nam, was dedicated in her honor. In 1973, Aultman Hospital in Canton, OH, where Lane had attended nursing school, erected a bronze statue of Lane. The names of 110 local servicemen killed in Vietnam are on the base of the statue. [More]
Also remembered at:
Westchester NY Memorial

The Sharon Ann Lane Foundation

Lt. Col. Annie Ruth Graham On the Wall at 48W 012
The Virtual Wall
Chief Nurse at 91st Evac. Hospital, Tuy Hoa. From Efland, NC, she suffered a stroke in August 14, 1968 and was evacuated to Japan where she died four days later. A veteran of both World War II and Korea, she was 52. Buried at Arlington National Cemetery

Military - Royal Australian Army Nurse Corps

Temp. Capt. Barbara Frances Black Served at Vung Tau, 1st Field Hosp. RAANC, Vietnam, and died of illness in Australia on March 11, 1971. She is counted as a casualty of the war.

Civilian - American Red Cross

Hannah E. Crews Died in a jeep accident, Bien Hoa, October 2, 1969
Virginia E. "Ginny" Kirsch Murdered by a U.S. soldier in Cu Chi, August 16, 1970
Lucinda J. Richter Died of Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Cam Ranh Bay, February 9, 1971

Civilian - Army Special Services

Rosalyn Muskat Died in a jeep accident, Long Binh, October 26, 1968
Dorothy Phillips Died in a plane crash, Qui Nhon, 1967

Civilian - Catholic Relief Services

Gloria Redlin Shot in Pleiku, 1969

Civilian - Central Intelligence Agency

Barbara Robbins Died when a car bomb exploded outside the American Embassy, Saigon, March 30, 1965
Betty Gebhardt Died in Saigon, 1971

Civilian - Entertainer

Cathy Wayne (aka Warnes) Australian murdered by a soldier who shot at his commander, but she was in the way.

Civilian - Journalists

Georgette "D*ckey" Chapelle Killed by a mine on patrol with Marines outside Chu Lai, November 4, 1965
Marguerite Higgins Died after picking up a parasite on her last visit to Vietnam, January 3, 1966
Philippa Schuyler Killed in a helicopter crash into the ocean near Da Nang, May 9, 1967

6/6/2012 8:49:13 PM Some people still don't like us Viet Nam Veterans | Page 2  
whiskeyrichard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,409)
Coxs Creek, KY
68, joined Apr. 2012

Look at the belted ammo on the one guy.The 7.62 rounds are around his neck, points turned in. Ouch.