Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler megapersonals

People Media is behind releasing this exceptional platform where seniors can have another likelihood at enjoy. best dating app in tampa Function based in KL but girl from Penang. I have a major user user name removed and DATING app is not there . omegle how to stop captcha You can either pick out the like or pass the profile.

skipthegames apps

More complete features, such as the capability to see who has checked out your profile and liked your pictures, can be unlocked by a Match. craigslist parrish fl It really is extremely extremely tough to discover accurate like in the dating app. I once flew out to Spain to meet a lady living there who d sent me pictures of herself by the pool in a swimsuit. panamanian dating site And can you still be good friends if a single or the other has no appreciate for either comic universe? You could also use this as a launchpad to discuss other fandoms.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/9/2012 8:39:25 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

kaddo
Taylor, TX
73, joined May. 2007

have you ever cooked pinto beans that would not get soft after cooking for hours. what causes that to happen? is it better to soak them the night before or not?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/9/2012 10:56:53 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
agooddaddy10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,362)
Liberty, KY
53, joined Aug. 2010

I get the best soft beans by soaking them for 12 hours. The "quick cook" method of boil 10 minutes then let soak for 3 hours then cook again just doesn't work for me.
Also, older beans, or those exposed to oxygen for a few months don't ever get soft (haven't tried a pressure cooker).
Frustrating!

6/10/2012 9:41:44 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
greeneyez819
Over 1,000 Posts (1,234)
Milledgeville, GA
45, joined May. 2012

Quote from agooddaddy10:
I get the best soft beans by soaking them for 12 hours. The "quick cook" method of boil 10 minutes then let soak for 3 hours then cook again just doesn't work for me.
Also, older beans, or those exposed to oxygen for a few months don't ever get soft (haven't tried a pressure cooker).
Frustrating!

I do as he does, let them soak over night.

6/14/2012 11:34:05 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
scottdiggler
Klamath Falls, OR
45, joined Jun. 2012

I cook pintos all the time and have never had any issues like that. I try to soak them but don't always. I just cook em slow and low for 6 hours or so until done. Tried a crock pot once. That was a major fail. If you can find em try pintitos. Only found them around pismo / santa Maria cali but yummy

6/14/2012 12:20:24 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from scottdiggler:
I cook pintos all the time and have never had any issues like that. I try to soak them but don't always. I just cook em slow and low for 6 hours or so until done. Tried a crock pot once. That was a major fail. If you can find em try pintitos. Only found them around pismo / santa Maria cali but yummy

I'm not too far from Pismo, I'll look for those. I'm growing scarlet runners.

to the OP Yeah, as others have said, I just soak them overnight and have never had any problems. If I've forgotten to soak them it takes longer to cook them, but they still turn out nice and soft.

6/14/2012 12:46:25 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
scottdiggler
Klamath Falls, OR
45, joined Jun. 2012

They should have them in any supermarket in the area. Try the beans at jockos in nipomo. Kinda dumpy but its got good food

6/16/2012 11:56:22 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
tashaangel
Knoxville, TN
60, joined Jun. 2012

I heat mine to a boil- turn them off and soak over night.
Works perfect for me

6/16/2012 1:06:46 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (286,706)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

~~ Have I ever cooked pintos? Aren't they the true American staple?

always wash thoroughly
rinse
add twice as much water as the level of beans

(do not add baking soda or salt to soaking beans)

leave soaking on counter or stovetop overnight (no refrigeration/cold water hardens beans)

in morning drain and rinse well

cover beans with water

cook (the art to cooking good pintos is in the cooking)

do not add salt to cooking process

for a "watery" beans ~~ thin soup with water

for thick soupy beans (my preference) ~~ cook slow, cook long, slightly overcook, stir and add water frequently

** and don't forget to add salt pork, fat back, or ham to the cooking process

Fry up some taters and onions, a pone of buttermilk corn bread, some hand-grated cole slaw, and some chilled pickled beets, and top the beans with chow chow ~~ sprinkle on a little salt and pepper to taste ........ talk about feeling like you died and went to heaven .... oooooeeeee ... best meal there is

Pressure cooker beans? ~~ Someone is kidding, right?

Crock pot beans? ~~ Flavorless!

6/16/2012 8:24:40 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
tashaangel
Knoxville, TN
60, joined Jun. 2012

7/9/2012 7:18:41 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
westy690
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,619)
Phoenix, AZ
45, joined Mar. 2011

1. you can add salt to soaking beans,only way to get salt inside the beans and it wont toughen them. thats an ol wives tale.. rinse before cooking and then add fresh water and 1 bay leaf

2. you can refrigerate beans while soaking..cold water wont make the beans hard..

3.crock pots are the best way to cook dried beans..make sure to only add hot boiling water to cover beans at the start of cooking or adding during cooking

4. add salt and ham fat or any lard or smoked meat only after beans have cooked for a couple hrs and are tender

best pintos: soak in salted brine overnite in fridge, rinse and cover with fresh water in crockpot, add 1 dry bay leaf at the start of cooking..cook until beans are tender on hi and then add a few small chunks of smoked ham fat or ham meat and lard, salt to taste plus 1 Tb mild red chile pwd, vinegar 1 1/2 tsp,onion pwd 1 tsp,garlic pwd 1/2 tsp ,1/2 tsp cumin and blk pepper..just a little of each for 2 lb sack of beans..then finsh on low power

dont worry, the dried spices ham fat and salt and vinegar will be all you need to make the best pintos beans you ever ate..

and now you know what to save the holiday ham fat/rind for next yr..

add to beans!

7/9/2012 8:08:48 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

If you've never tried to cook a bag of old beans, like goodaddy mentioned, count yourself blessed.

The same thing happens with navy beans as well. I wasted a bunch of ingredients once
waiting for a pot of them to get soft. I've been cooking successfully with dried beans for decades before that.

Those darn bags need to have dates on them, because otherwise you have no way of knowing.

7/9/2012 9:54:12 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
lil_ben31
Joplin, MO
45, joined Jun. 2012

I've been cooking beans for years but never encountered any problems with them...

How I do it is:

Pre-soak them for a good 3 hrs in the hottest water from the faucet.
Next put them in a pot and bring them to a rolling boil. Once the have, discard all the water and refill with cold water.
Put them back on the burner and start adding ur seasonings of ur taste and cook the for a good 2 on med high.

7/10/2012 7:06:32 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
vipir35
Over 1,000 Posts (1,297)
Courtland, VA
56, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from kaddo:
have you ever cooked pinto beans that would not get soft after cooking for hours. what causes that to happen? is it better to soak them the night before or not?

didnt bother to read any of the other replys ... soak for 24 hours in water , then rinse and put in crock pot with a quart of chicken stock for 5 hours on HI - they will get soft

7/11/2012 11:44:06 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

The next time one of my bags of beans turns out to be hard as rocks after cooking 48 hours, I send the rest of the bag to you to see what you can do with it.

You may have to eat your words instead of beans.

But I hope it never happens again.

7/11/2012 11:49:32 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
julymorning10
Over 2,000 Posts (2,738)
Saint James, MO
65, joined Aug. 2010

From Survival Acres Fact Sheet on Beans:

"If you've boiled your beans for several hours and they still haven't softened, it's probably because they are old. Old, air stored beans 5 or more years old get 'hardened' and may never soften up. There are two ways of getting around this. You can put them in a pressure cooker for 45-60 minutes and this should do the trick, or you can grind them."

7/14/2012 7:54:48 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
ebonysteel
Chicago, IL
41, joined Jun. 2011

I soak my pinto beans in the fridge over night in water. Adding a pinch of salt to bottom of bowl youre soaking them in helps too.

7/16/2012 10:38:05 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
spiceythang
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,340)
Fayetteville, NC
39, joined May. 2012

I've never had that problem.

7/19/2012 11:42:10 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
darlene0405
Galivants Ferry, SC
61, joined Jan. 2012

i buy them from any grocery take home put in cold water just fill pot to almost full put on low or medium according to how much you want to keep watch on them on low you can forget them for at least one hour at a time. i add bacon or fat back and no salt until they are close to being done so i can taste test, over salted and they are ruined. remember you can always add but you can't take away once added. also i forgot to mention i add grease saved from cooked bacon along with the meat from the beginning. I have never had beans that would not get soft. I know i keep adding but i would really like you to have success so when you add more water to keep from scorching be sure you add only hot water, that may have been the problem because i think if you add cold water they will get hard and maybe not soften. good luck and let us know how they turn out. i live in the country in SC so if you have any more problems i will ask some of these lovely friendly people around here. Writing you from Gallivants Ferry.

7/20/2012 1:25:07 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

chris_b1987
Newark, OH
30, joined Jul. 2012

Best pinto beans:
I call it charro beans

soft beans
Chicken broth
crumbled bacon
chorizo or (smoked sausage) either turns out great
Rotel tomatoes
cayenne pepper
salt to taste
pepper
onion
garlic
cilantro

(I never measure, so you're on your own lol. That's the best way to cook honestly. Taste it, and make sure its the way you like it.)

cook the chorizo in a separate frying pan until done
add onions & garlic, cook until onions are translucent
In a pot add beans
chicken broth
bacon
chorizo & onions
rotel tomatoes
salt
pepper
cayenne pepper
Cook for 30 min on medium heat
remove from heat
add cilantro

serve warm with cornbread (jalapeno & cheese cornbread would be killer!)

7/30/2012 12:24:14 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

laronda102
Highland Park, MI
42, joined Jul. 2012

HI YES I AWAYS PUT MY BEANS IN SOME COLD WATER U CAN
LEAVE OVER NIGHT TOO ASLO COOK THEM IN A SLOWCOOK SEE
HOW THAT TURN OUT FOR U MY BEANS BE SO GOOD WITH GOOD
MEAT IN MY POT TOO HEY A BIG GIRL LIKE TO COOK FOR HER
FAMILY GOOD LUCK

7/30/2012 12:26:04 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

laronda102
Highland Park, MI
42, joined Jul. 2012

GOOD MAN U COOK JUST LIKE ME BOO THAT HOW GET DOWN
WE DO THE SAME THINGS

8/11/2012 8:21:46 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
htsbngjdged
Tampa, FL
55, joined Aug. 2012

Tex mex cornbread goes really well with pinto beans
Follow cornbread recipe add 1 can of creamed corn egg milk jalapeƱo peppers * (use canned peppers) one tablespoon chopped in food processor one cup cheddar cheese * or to taste
Preheat oven to 350 grease and lightly sprinkle cornmeal into cast iron skillet put skillet into oven to preheat
Bake 25 minutes or until done

8/13/2012 3:13:25 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
quarterback90
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,283)
Fulshear, TX
27, joined May. 2012

cooking pinto beans should be a piece of cake.

11/10/2012 11:26:08 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

prittyp1
Acworth, GA
34, joined May. 2012

Yes with chili

11/11/2012 10:14:40 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

11/11/2012 10:59:03 AM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

jpoppyw
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,920)
Elizabeth, IN
58, joined Jul. 2009

Ive never encountered any problems cooking any type of dried beans! Lucky I guess! I just put em in the pot, bring to boil, turn down, cook for a couple hours, add my seasonings and whatever type of meat/fat Im puttin in them, cook a couple hrs longer till tender like I like em.

11/11/2012 1:32:17 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

11/11/2012 8:42:30 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  

mistermike1966
Pittsburgh, PA
51, joined Jul. 2011

Just about everyone here summed up the soaking and cooking process.

For the non pork eaters like myself, smoked turkey legs work perfect. Just have to pick out those thin bones. Smoked turkey works better cause it doesn't make the meal greasy.

I usually slow cook mine on the stove for about five to six hours.

This is the ultimate meal on a cold and winter day. The smell of the spices and onions along with the smoked turkey is a wonderful thing. Be having all of the windows in the house steamed up.

About the last hour of cooking, you throw your cornbread in the oven. Those blended smells are one of a kind.

Dinnertime. Serve this dish with a cold beer .Beer works well for me because my beans are usually a little hot but very spicy, the way people like for me to prepare them.

The outcome hours later after eating them is "crucial" as it can get very gassy....

11/14/2012 3:49:54 PM Have you ever cooked pinto beans  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010