Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

gay craigslist hookup stories

From mastering how to use sex toys although staying socially distanced to quarantining on a boat with an ex flame, here s what you had to say about love, sex, and dating through the pandemic. hamden singles The couple dated for 3 years till Emily s mental well being started to influence their relationship. Some persons located themselves moving in with partners earlier than they generally would, although other individuals found their marriage under tremendous strain. st louis doublelist He sent flowers and a fruit basket it was the sweetest factor simply because we hadn t even met.

private delight login

The funny issue we discovered as we journeyed by way of ministry with teenagers was that as a great deal as they loved the queries, we adults in all probability enjoyed them a lot more. stockton dating Eluma is for singles worldwide, essential construct a terrific way to polyamory dating web site unlike other online dating web site usa usa. You swipe a single way if you like them, or swipe the other way if you don t. is date4you legit The topic ‘Online dating for confidence?

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/21/2012 11:57:00 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

So, I'm upset because a gopher or ground squirrel or mole or whatever ate the roots of one of my pumpkin vines. It also ate the stem of one of my sunflowers, killing the whole plant, and the roots out of our artichoke.

I only have 12 pumpkin vines, and only 6 of them are sugar pumpkins. It was one of my sugar pumpkin vines which it hit, already flowering too!

So, how can I discourage the bugger from hitting my garden? We've flooded the holes we've found, but it just seems to move to another part of our garden. There are plenty of gardens around ours, but I guess ours has what it wants. I don't see gopher holes in the other gardens. Some of them have gopher wire, but not all of them. Maybe the other plot tenants are filling in the holes before I'm there watering or I'm just not noticing because I know my own plot better.

I don't believe in poisoning animals. It's too late to bury gopher wire (next year I will do that first.) I just want to discourage him. Is there anything they hate which drives them away, like garlic or tobacco or something? If so, does it need to be growing there, sprinkled around, or what? I do have wild tobacco (nicotina rustica) I just transplanted out there. I know the tobacco plants will help keep away bugs, but I don't know if they'll keep burrowing root gnawers out of the garden. What helps?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/21/2012 7:17:19 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
hoehelper
Ogden, UT
29, joined May. 2012

Try buying a few traps. that or i found just having my dog outside keeps pests at bay

6/21/2012 9:49:25 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
hellifino51
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,589)
Mansfield, AR
66, joined Dec. 2011

Okay don't laugh now but I had moles and I sprayed into their holes with chili powder within a weeks time they had moved on. I sprayed the powder in the holes with my shop vac.using one of those old sprayers they used to apply D.D.T. powder to roses( I drilled out the nozzle with an 1/8th inch drill to allow the chili powder to pass through it)

6/22/2012 4:13:02 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
hoehelper
Ogden, UT
29, joined May. 2012

Quote from hellifino51:
Okay don't laugh now but I had moles and I sprayed into their holes with chili powder within a weeks time they had moved on. I sprayed the powder in the holes with my shop vac.using one of those old sprayers they used to apply D.D.T. powder to roses( I drilled out the nozzle with an 1/8th inch drill to allow the chili powder to pass through it)

Cool! I'm gonna try that. Thanks for the output

6/23/2012 8:53:21 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Well, I decided to try the sonic route. I got a pack of two mole and gopher stakes. My garden is tiny, and each is supposed to have a 95 foot radius. I posted in the group for the community garden (on Facebook) about them in case someone wants to move one of the two to their plot, since they will still be overlapping no matter where they are in the community garden (it's about a half acre of land divided into 22 plots.) Right now both are in my garden.

The darn varmint got another pumpkin vine the other day too. Right across from the first one. A young's beauty this time. So we put the first stake right in between where the two pumpkins were, hoping to keep the critter from the rest of the pumpkins.

The sonic stakes say they can take a week or a little more to work, but hopefully it'll keep them out of my plot sooner since both stakes are in there and at least one is staying there.

We bought the stakes out of our own pocket. Since we didn't ask first, we're not asking them to reimburse us even though it should hopefully help all the plots in the community garden. It'd be nice if some of them volunteer $5 or something, they cost us $30 for the pair, but we don't expect it. It was my own pumpkins, artichoke and sunflowers which I was steamed about and which caused me to buy the stakes.

If these don't work, I guess I'll put out traps. I sure hope these work though. They almost annoy me, so it should annoy the critters quite a bit. (I can barely hear the tone even though they're mostly underground.)

6/26/2012 2:05:44 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

shawnee_b
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,790)
Edmonton, KY
63, joined Apr. 2010

Mom swears by those sonic things for keeping moles out of her yard.

6/28/2012 9:46:15 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Well, it hit another pumpkin. Left part of the vine and root still in the ground, but killed off a large portion of it which had lots of pumpkins on it. The sonic device is still going. We flooded his hole a couple times (two days in a row) hoping that'll discourage him. Worse to worse, the garden has kill traps. I really hate to go to that option, but if it's necessary then I suppose it's necessary. I'm gonna try to think of something else. I don't have the means to do the pepper thing which was suggested.

6/28/2012 5:22:28 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from wolfyhp:
Well, it hit another pumpkin. Left part of the vine and root still in the ground, but killed off a large portion of it which had lots of pumpkins on it. The sonic device is still going. We flooded his hole a couple times (two days in a row) hoping that'll discourage him. Worse to worse, the garden has kill traps. I really hate to go to that option, but if it's necessary then I suppose it's necessary. I'm gonna try to think of something else. I don't have the means to do the pepper thing which was suggested.

Where's that snake when you need him?

6/30/2012 4:05:59 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
hoehelper
Ogden, UT
29, joined May. 2012

Quote from wolfyhp:

I dont see how its wrong to get death traps layed out around your area. just keep your cats inside :|

7/6/2012 2:14:41 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from hoehelper:
I dont see how its wrong to get death traps layed out around your area. just keep your cats inside :|

It's not "wrong" per se. I just tend to live by a personal rule that I don't kill anything which I'm not going to eat unless it's attacking me. Even most insects get to hang around as long as they're not biting me or swarming my home, in which case they're killed. In the case of the gopher, it's invading my garden and taking food from me. I could justify killing it if I need to. However, I'm trying other options first in case that can be avoided. If I could find a way to encourage a snake to eat it I'd have absolutely zero guilt about that. It's just the thought of wasting the gopher's life that I don't like, but will do if it becomes necessary. It's my personal code of ethics, and is not something I expect of others.

So far, the sonic things are making an impact. Well, one of them stopped working, but the other is still going (last we checked.) The gopher hit one more vine's roots after putting in the sonic device, but it didn't get all the roots and left enough for some of the vine to survive (lost a large portion of it still, including some pumpkins which were forming on it.) After that, all we've seen in the last week or so are hit and run attacks where it nibbles on part of one of the vines, takes off a small portion, but doesn't go after the roots (maybe there's something other than a gopher joining in?) Wednesday was our last watering day, and nothing was even nibbled then. We'll see again tonight. I'm hoping the gopher has just decided to move on.

7/7/2012 8:04:39 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

I think a rabbit or something just ate the tops off my bean plants. I sprayed them today with soap, cayenne, and garlic powder. Hopefully that will keep the pests away so that they can recover.

7/7/2012 9:00:45 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
jayhcee2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,211)
Los Angeles, CA
34, joined Jul. 2012

The natural way to relieve rodents is a dog. Certain hunting dogs on the property will relieve the issue

7/7/2012 9:23:25 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jayhcee2:
The natural way to relieve rodents is a dog. Certain hunting dogs on the property will relieve the issue

That would be my preferred answer, but it's a community garden plot, not something on my own property. It's at a church. No dogs allowed at the community garden.

7/7/2012 9:41:27 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
jayhcee2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,211)
Los Angeles, CA
34, joined Jul. 2012

They cleared the rodents off my family's olive tree plot. Three Catahoula hunting dogs on ten acres

7/7/2012 11:53:39 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jayhcee2:
They cleared the rodents off my family's olive tree plot. Three Catahoula hunting dogs on ten acres

My mother had an Australian shepherd dog which was great at that. If I ever have land of my own, I will have dogs.

7/8/2012 2:47:50 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

skiwino
Over 2,000 Posts (2,427)
Redford, MI
55, joined Feb. 2007

Quote from jayhcee2:

I have 2 dogs but they sleep in the house.

7/8/2012 11:12:37 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

reenie4
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,741)
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

I feel your anguish, this was the first year in 4 years of gardening that these critters including rabbits and chipmunks destroyed the veggie and flower garden. I tried everything, from homemade concoctions to store bought products. I am sick about it! I am wondering if the excessive heat may have something to do with it, haven't had rain since first of June..

7/9/2012 1:43:57 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from reenie4:
I feel your anguish, this was the first year in 4 years of gardening that these critters including rabbits and chipmunks destroyed the veggie and flower garden. I tried everything, from homemade concoctions to store bought products. I am sick about it! I am wondering if the excessive heat may have something to do with it, haven't had rain since first of June..

Did you try the sonic devices? (I know you said you tried everything, so I figure you probably did.)

I'm sorry for your garden losses. Those varmints can be voracious. I'll see again tonight, but the last few watering times the garden was untouched by the gophers.

It could be the excessive heat in your area. It's the opposite here. For you it's probably that they're driven to gardens with no wild stuff around. For us it's because there was a population boom after a late wet Spring.

A neighboring garden lost some cabbages and a couple other plants. One of the gardeners there has just been experimenting trying to find something the gopher won't eat, and has had some success. I don't want to limit my garden like that. I just hope the sonic devices keep it away, or I will have to resort to, sadly, a kill trap most likely.

7/10/2012 8:49:31 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

reenie4
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

I tried the sonic devices, a waste of money. Like yourself, I don't want to kill the critters, simply drive them away. After a bit of online research I am trying a few things. For the gofers, chippers, moles and voles, rolled up Juicy Fruit gum.. (use gloves, to avoid human scent) and stuffed them into their burrow holes. Mixed a couple of table spoons of Caster oil and few drops of dish soap, watered around my plants, and also poured in the burrows. Voles, are my problem eating the roots of my plants, Voles, aka meadow mice HATE caster oil. Went to a local dog groomer, who provided me with a huge bag of dog hair, spread it in both gardens. Rabbit problem, split used corn cobs in half, soaked them in amonia and scattered them about the flower garden, my veggie garden is fenced in, but the chipmunks and voles are the problem there as well. I am hoping my double whammy tatics work, time will tell!

7/10/2012 11:31:04 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

We had some sort of squash or melon which appeared wildly (likely seeds in the compost) at the front of our plot. I was looking forward to seeing what it was, but the gopher got it. It's still staying away from the back of the plot, where the sonic device is, but I don't know how long that will last. Almost all of my pumpkin vines have pumpkins on them now, and I really need that varmint to leave them alone! They're my pumpkins, not his/hers. Lately it seems to be going after people's lettuces and cabbages the most, neither of which are in my plot, but it does like my pumpkin vines unfortunately.

We flooded another hole yesterday, flooded it until we saw water coming out of another hole, let the water settle and flooded it again. Then we flooded the valley between the pumpkin/corn/bean hills, where he likes to pop up and munch. I am so irritated with this little bugger, I want it gone.

7/14/2012 12:07:21 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

reenie4
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

Alas, I am sadly reporting my methods failed. I want to cry, only option is to bomb, trap or kill, and just do not have it in my heart to do that. I am chalking this year's crops as a fail

7/14/2012 12:57:37 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from reenie4:
Alas, I am sadly reporting my methods failed. I want to cry, only option is to bomb, trap or kill, and just do not have it in my heart to do that. I am chalking this year's crops as a fail

I am sorry to hear about your garden losses. I hope it doesn't affect your nutrition or livelihood. I love life, all living things. It is so frustrating when they just won't leave a garden alone though. I think I'm only somewhat saved because there are so many lush gardens near mine that if I make mine a bother the varmints won't hang out there too long. I've got so many beautiful pumpkins on the vines, and I'm just hoping everything that's left survives to harvest.

8/27/2012 10:11:00 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
onehippiechic
Charlotte, NC
50, joined Jul. 2012

If it's a mole, then more than likely you have grub worms. Treat your yard for grubs and the moles will leave with no food source.

10/14/2012 4:51:51 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
mrgatorman
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,632)
Miami, FL
42, joined Sep. 2012

11/28/2012 1:00:58 AM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
maggiemagpie
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,751)
Santee, CA
46, joined Mar. 2012

Gophers love juicy fruit gum, unchewed. You drop it in the hole, they eat it but can't digest it and die. You might need a few sticks. I"be tried it and it works like a charm.

12/12/2012 6:55:23 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,003)
Cedar Grove, WV
75, joined Mar. 2008

a couple of outside house cats, cats have a killer instinct, they will definitly thin out the rodents.

12/13/2012 7:53:11 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  
uriahrose
FPO, AP
98, joined Sep. 2012

Cats work wonders, those sonic things suck. I know several methods that also work, but they're not, ah, enviromentaly friendly.

Snakes btw are great, it's just hard to keep them in one area, they kinds go where they feel like, but I used to keep a big rock for them to sun on close to my garden as a little snake incentive.

1/1/2013 5:37:53 PM Gophers, ground squirrels, moles and other burrowing menaces  

1sly
Over 1,000 Posts (1,875)
Pahrump, NV
60, joined Dec. 2008

~

Cayenne powder!

Two years ago I couldn't open the door without seeing hundreds of squirrels run & 20 to 30 rabbits. I couldn't keep up with them even with a shotgun.

I wouldn't mind poisoning them but I didn't want to poison the critters that would be eating them, nor did I want to use poison on my property so I did some research and found out about cayenne powder. I purchased 5 lbs of organic & been real happy about it.

I always have it ready in a shaker for after the wind blows or rain.

Sly