Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best hookup websites

Though asking a guy about his household could appear a tiny private, you can at least get a sense on how he views these critical relationships with the folks who know him ideal. online dating in kentucky For these transitioning between careers, OESC delivers instruction, educational possibilities, skill constructing, resume help, networking, and job referrals. For initial timers to speed dating events, asking yourself which inquiries to ask can be a tiny daunting. meet polish girl in poland Acquire exclusive access to the most effective sex guidelines, relationship suggestions, and extra with our premium membership system, Men s Health MVP.

top rated free hookup sites

E mail updates on news, actions, events in your region, and extra. singles groups in pensacola fl I have decided that I will commence to send letters and notes to his parents, in order to retain in touch with them at least. Yvonne later mentioned to Sinéad that she liked quantity 1 but changed her mind because I was a bit too merry. find horny girls on snapchat And you might discover extra about a possible romantic partner by observing and letting conversation flow than by asking pre set inquiries.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/7/2012 10:25:41 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
ruralsooner
Sapulpa, OK
44, joined Jul. 2012

why do people do this?
I think it is a waste of time, and it really doesn't prove anything
is the civil war that glamorous, it has to be re-enacted?
why don't they do a korean war re-enactment, or Vietnam war re-enactment?
I didn't see any purpose in it (when I was in HS-didn't do well on my tests about the civil war-didn't care,because it didn't apply to me).
I'm not trying to make fun of those who do it, its just I'd like to try to understand why they take place.
thanks,everyone

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/7/2012 11:17:22 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
surpriseme39
Tulsa, OK
44, joined Aug. 2012

Because no one likes to read anymore, especially history

8/8/2012 8:18:07 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
metisman870
Winnipeg, MB
54, joined Jul. 2012

There are also WW II re-enactors that I've heard of. As to why nobody does Korea or Vietnam re-enactments, who knows? Maybe there are, but very few that hardly anyone has heard of them.

8/9/2012 5:23:21 AM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
nab1979
Tulsa, OK
38, joined Feb. 2012

the civil war is such a war fought among brothers no winners
re-enacting is a way to bring it back to life
most other wars of the mid century were more political but the civil was about a way of life

8/9/2012 6:22:29 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
ruralsooner
Sapulpa, OK
44, joined Jul. 2012

Hello!
Thank you.
have a good one

8/9/2012 6:23:52 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
ruralsooner
Sapulpa, OK
44, joined Jul. 2012

Hello!
Thanks for your reply.

8/9/2012 7:26:00 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

stargazzer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,864)
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

For many it's about history and camping, many are also doing the fur trade days as well and the Revolution to. It also is a way to get back to a differant time thats much more layed back and it's all a dang fine hobby to make everything.
Knowing your past also can tell you were your going.

8/11/2012 12:00:13 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
ruralsooner
Sapulpa, OK
44, joined Jul. 2012

Neither side (north,south) had to do with my past or heritage.
Thanks, anyway.

8/18/2012 11:47:29 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

windseeker1
Ionia, NY
60, joined Jan. 2011

I re-enacted for about 8 years back in my late 20'a and early 30's.

I had an ancestor in the war. I wanted to get a taste of what he might have experienced and gone through. While I could never (and would never wish to) experience the fear and horror of a battle, for myself and the bulk of my fellow re-enactors, the staged battles were often the least important factor motivating us.

I shivered all night in a flimsy tent in a snowstorm, marched until I had blisters on my feet, was eaten by mosquitos and nearly passed out from heat exhaustion. And then...unlike my ancestor... after 3-5 days, I got to go home. It gave me a huge appreciation of what those...and all...soldiers go through.

I could go on but the bottom line is you either get it or you don't, there is little medium ground from what I have experienced.

You don't and that's fine.

Re-enactors appreciate that there are many like you that don't understand the attraction but at least don't mock them. Many are not as polite as you.

9/23/2012 6:22:00 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
therenegade100
Fayetteville, GA
56, joined Sep. 2012

There are reenactments of most wars.

It isn't what you think at all - most first time visitors are shocked by the lengths the reenactors go to, the details and the realism of an encampment. In the 70s most reenactments were terrible and were not even close to being what they were portraying. In the 90s things changed for the better.

For me the chance to educate people about what life was like during the 1850s is the motivation.
I am a blacksmith attached to an artillery division. I use a portable fordge the same way it was done in the war.
Hundreds of people have asked me thousands of questions.
I have set-up and ran the fordge in Atlanta's east side - not exactly a friendly side of town. The spectators were very supprised and had never been educated as to the hardships faced by the people of that time. I bring a human face to the books people read.

It takes me 30 seconds to fordge a nail - yes one nail. Imagine how long it took to make enough nails to build a shed, a house and a barn. I cool the nail and ask questions to the youth in the crowd. The ones that answer the questions correctly gets a hand fordged nail.

So tell me OP- what is the difference between a Limber and a Cason?

9/23/2012 6:39:05 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

tcretiredhippie
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,833)
Durand, WI
59, joined Apr. 2012

Korean and viet nam eere fought on foreign soil. People reenact because itssomething that intetst them. Honestly i dont know why they would either. But if it floats their boat why complain? Nobody ever forced me to go to a reenactment.

9/26/2012 12:26:36 AM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
astridcardona
Kissimmee, FL
59, joined Dec. 2011

Because there are many lessons to learn from this specific War.
It was a war between factions that would later constitute one of the most powerful nations if not the" in the world-Imagine the possibilities of a nation that never let go off a trade based on slavery and agriculture-
because the generations of those who fought in it -whether North or South -
are proud of their ancestor's courage and valor-and many of them still display their badges, personal effects and pride of their trade..it's a give an take of the experience-without the inmense risks
Because it teaches that the ugliest of sins is paid in blood.
Because the people that re enact have dedication and guts to teach to others-that may or not have the same heritage.
Because we can forget any minute that this nation once had brother fighting against brother -and all factions loose when there is division-
People re enact all kinds of things, medieval life, dungeon games, role playing is as well a placid hobby to a lot of people.
I would just love to be able to attend one some day.Please excuse my English- I speak three languages but English is not my best!

9/29/2012 9:39:47 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
ruralsooner
Sapulpa, OK
44, joined Jul. 2012

hello, everyone!
Thanks for all of your insights of the re-enactments.
the civil war was really heavy w/ my history teacher in Jr.High (I guess he was so into it- it turned me off, because he focused on it, and how is was so important to HIM, and not really go into the how and why about it.)
anyway, I've wondered about it,even though my heritage is about Native Americans, and OK history.
its nice to hear different aspects of something, instead of having to rely on a textbook(thats all we had back in HS-no computers).
take care, and have a good one!

9/30/2012 4:40:22 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

nowntime
Elmira, NY
63, joined Sep. 2012

it,s nice to know something about anything.is just knowledge,and history!war is a hard thing,any way you slice it.as for the civil war,lot of pretense on it for it was the bloodyist,most men lost,and a crucial time in history! as for me ;my great-g-pa. was in it.union solider;captured in prison camp,but lived on! here where i live every year they have reinactment.new town battle field.lowman,n.y. along with revolutionary war burials!

10/1/2012 6:15:43 AM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

stargazzer
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

My great grandfather and also 4 great uncles were in the war, To me it is interesting to know & understand just a little of the scrifice they died & survived at that time for us today, Just imagin today standing in Pickets charge knowing your going to die.
Who to day has that curage? That war is filled with that curage.

10/7/2012 3:33:15 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,261)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

10/8/2012 6:01:10 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Keeping history alive through entertainment and advancing cutural background.

11/17/2012 1:57:12 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

It goes into a lot of thing the biggest id if YOU FORGET YOUR PAST YOU WILL BE FORCE TO RELIVE IT IN THE FUTURE. If you don't be leave that look around you right now at the state that want out of the Union and want to for start a new government Are we headed for the next Civil War. And it wasn't a civil War but a war for the right of the people to govern them selfs. Yes I will keep History a Live and for other doing other wars every war in history has it's own form of reactor if you look around you can find them

To the guy that was bored and force to hate history I am sorry for you, your life most be very boring.

Confederate reactor

11/17/2012 3:50:48 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Why are there Civil War re-enactments? Because the Civil War ended?

11/20/2012 2:41:48 AM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from cupocheer:

It has never end we have just been beaten down and need to keep a live

11/21/2012 8:31:10 AM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
hellifino51
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,589)
Mansfield, AR
66, joined Dec. 2011

Because it gives you a certain satisfaction to do things the simple ways that others have forgotten, and it beats the hell out of playing on a Nintendo game.

11/21/2012 1:10:14 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

stargazzer
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

And some of us kids like doing adult games
And shooting Black powder guns & cannon is plum fun.

11/21/2012 5:47:48 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
hellifino51
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,589)
Mansfield, AR
66, joined Dec. 2011

You said it starr

11/24/2012 12:23:08 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  

jdarkdragon
Beaufort, SC
68, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from cupocheer:

I was reminded of a Quote by Stonewall Jackson after the battle of Mananas as looked at the died on both side "Never forget the died and that have here today fallen, this is brother against brother"

As for myself I will alway do that Even now more as talk across the country of a new war and states turning against The Government. If I have to fight again I will fight for my Independence over a government that no longer for it's peoples rights and freedom

11/24/2012 3:17:31 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Quote from jdarkdragon:
I was reminded of a Quote by Stonewall Jackson after the battle of Mananas as looked at the died on both side "Never forget the died and that have here today fallen, this is brother against brother"

As for myself I will alway do that Even now more as talk across the country of a new war and states turning against The Government. If I have to fight again I will fight for my Independence over a government that no longer for it's peoples rights and freedom

You weren't reminded of a quote by Thomas Jonathan Jackson.

You may have been reminded of a quote by Michael Jackson, however: "Billie Jean is not my lover ....."

sorry .... Was I forgetting and speaking ill of the died? ... ummmm ... did I really say died 2x??????

lay down little jdarkdragon and granny will read you to sleep from a Harry Potter story

12/6/2012 6:17:18 PM Why are there civil war re-enactments?  
uriahrose
FPO, AP
98, joined Sep. 2012

I used to and have been thinking about getting into it again next year. It's basicly living history. I had family that died on both sides, and apparently sometimes directly fighting each other. Think about that one a minute...

My nephew is still very involved in it, plays banjo in camp and started into it when he was still in high school. When you're in a period camp for a weekend its almost like being in another time for awhile.

The WWII stuff is different and don't know much about the other stuff other then the Revolutionary War reenactments which I also wanted to be involved with but it can be kind of expensive so I just stuff to doing the civil war.

When you're on the field, yes, it's the land of make believe, but then again, it's not. A lot of people that come to watch have no clue how much planning is involved for these events to take place. Folks start crying.