Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames women

So, prior to I enjoy some inmates on dating a person in prison, I am going to invest a little time blogging about how to choose if this is the appropriate selection for your life. free dating sites arab Best dating suggestions, low cost dating ideas, initial dates and a lot more. Post Covide, use this time to obtain hobbies, join clubs, go to events, volunteer that s how you meet real people. rubmaps encino I hesitated to answer when my family members asked how we met, and I absolutely wondered regardless of whether or not to tell my own FYGlets.

rubratings legit

I waited a handful of days then, later that week, told Mary my feelings. dating websites chicago More than pumpkin pie, I saw my boyfriend s brother s dog drag some thing tiny along the floor and drop it in the middle of the living space. Just after all, 1st impressions are anything and this is also your likelihood to find out if the particular person you happen to be interested in could match into your life or be the one particular. hookup sites like craigslist Tinder Plus Consists of bonuses like unlimited likes, the possibility to undo your final swipe, the capability to match with people today about the globe, added Super Likes and one Enhance a month .

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/29/2013 7:32:24 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

pamelawest
Cochran, GA
48, joined Aug. 2012

It gets better in time but will be with you forever.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/1/2013 10:15:47 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
glassslipper442
Over 1,000 Posts (1,037)
Cleveland, OH
66, joined Aug. 2011

Right. It will slowly subside...

2/24/2013 3:16:05 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
johnm1958
Palmdale, CA
59, joined Dec. 2012

My ex is an addict left me for a convict that served 18 yrs in state pen. Twenty one years down the drain. And still I can't seem to get over her. Strange feeling to love and hate someone at the same time. If the pain never goes away sure hope to deal with it better than I am now.

2/24/2013 5:15:34 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

torygrey
Anderson, SC
47, joined Feb. 2013

You know its funny I don't miss my exhusband a bit. I met someone about 4 months ago who swept me off my feet we were in love or I was anyway. Valentine day morning I call and a woman answered and said she is his girlfriend now. I never heard another word from him. Wtf? That really hurt me. What's. Worse is I just want to know why. Why pursue me so hard to love you and then skip?

2/24/2013 6:49:35 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

tcretiredhippie
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,833)
Durand, WI
59, joined Apr. 2012

Victory isnt final. Defeat is never fatal

3/20/2013 2:51:07 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

charliesnxt
Sanger, CA
42, joined Mar. 2013

I think the reason we hold on for so long, Is because we don't think something So great could happen twice. god bless

3/20/2013 7:25:33 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

wsprs0nthewind
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,296)
Powell, TN
52, joined Mar. 2009

Yes, it does go away. You didn't fall in love over night and you don't fall out over night. For every 4 years together it takes approximately 1 year to heal. People refuse to wait that time out and do it right. They jump right back into relationships that wind up broken then they have compounded the problem.

3/20/2013 10:15:10 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,261)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

Yes. Time heals pain ... but the memories remain.

3/21/2013 8:23:12 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

wsprs0nthewind
Powell, TN
52, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from cupocheer:
Yes. Time heals pain ... but the memories remain.

If we didn't remember then we would repeat the same mistakes. I think we remember for a reason.

Amandas, you are exactly right.

[Edited 3/21/2013 8:23:30 PM ]

3/22/2013 8:08:30 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
dwj41
Dothan, AL
45, joined Aug. 2012

The one that brakes it off on their terms ,is the one that feels the lesser pain. Only time heals scares like that .

3/22/2013 9:49:41 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
setha78
Richardson, TX
38, joined Feb. 2013

Just stay active

3/22/2013 11:11:48 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
dbogust
Groton, CT
29, joined Mar. 2013

Im sure this has been posted so many times...only time will heal...ive been divorced for over a year and a half and i still love my ex wife. Its gotten easier to talk to people about but it still hurts.

3/23/2013 7:21:10 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
jjeeffff76
Red Bud, IL
41, joined Mar. 2013

Yes it will start to go away, I loved my ex very much when she told me she didn't want to be married anymore, and it hurt like hell for a while, finally I just said the hell with it and started letting go. Stay active, do things for yourself, volunteer if you have the time, and if you have children focus all of your positive energy on them. You will start to feel better just try to focus on the positives and on the future.

5/6/2013 11:47:46 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
draconit
Tel Aviv
Israel
37, joined May. 2013

no. the pain will never ever go away. it get better little by little, but it will never really go away.

5/10/2013 3:01:53 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
synz
Over 2,000 Posts (3,781)
Columbus, IN
36, joined Feb. 2011

No, not so long as you still have memories, but living with it does get easier when focusing more on your life and living in it

5/13/2013 10:04:27 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
tatay34
Bellwood, IL
38, joined May. 2013

Took me 3years to get back on track from my divorce the pain goes away but takes time. I been divorced almost five years now been trying to date the last two years with no luck. The bad thing is I miss the marriage lifestyle just not my ex hubby

5/13/2013 11:11:53 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

The "emotional pain" does go away with time. If it didn't no one would ever re-marry after a divorce. jmho

[Edited 5/13/2013 11:12:10 PM ]

5/15/2013 5:31:02 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
1lackopusssy
Apache Junction, AZ
65, joined May. 2013

thats just the way it is ,,,,when U do care sodam much it tears U up in side & nothing will or can change that,,,,,going back u probly would & regret every minute after the reuniting was over,,,,,be a hard a** & change u mind set about her,,,,,she probly took u to the cleaners & new b.f. is enjoying all hard work on u house kids & every thing that U built to make things better for YOUR FAMILY ,,,,kiss it off & say F. IT next time remember what u went throuigh,,,thats why now days a pre nup they dont get a dam thing at all no matter what happens,,,,,,,femails think just cose that thing betwine legs gets every thing they want & when they want it & U cant get a f.en thing when U nead your needs met,,,,,,,,thats the way it is,,,,,the only thing they can do we cant is give birth & we be a lot better off if man was able to do that,,,raise our kids up right & not greedy b*tches they are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,later.

5/26/2013 10:12:09 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
ossabossa
Sharon, PA
59, joined Feb. 2013

Yes. First forgive yourself. You made a mistake. Learn from it and move forward. Second, forgive them. Even if they don't ask or know. It WILL set you free. And even if you can't, if you have kids. Respect them for that. They are the father/mother of your children. Then: make new friends, get a makeover, find a hobby, het a puppy/kitten/fish whatever. Stay busy. Don't dwell on it. Take good care of you. Lrarn to love yourself again. You are lovable.!! . And if this doesn't do it get help. Find a good therapist. I did. And now I'm dating. I love me. My kids love me. I'm fine and you will be too. I promise!!!

5/26/2013 3:36:47 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
clyde222
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,217)
Minooka, IL
53, joined Dec. 2012

I Don't Know If You Ever Totally Get Over It. It is A Part Of Your Make Up Now.Hopefully It Will Help You To Make WIser Choices When You Do Date. It's Very Hard I Know. I Feel Bad For All That Go Thru It. Good Luck To You.

5/28/2013 11:06:45 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
sugamama7471
Moreno Valley, CA
46, joined Feb. 2013

So there's hope... Only God can fill my empty spot in my heart.. But it was my choice to move on after 20 years.. Sometimes I regret it sometimes I am relieved.. But I am confident that I will find a man who loves and adore me. Respect and supports me. Happy camper I am today!

6/4/2013 9:55:35 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
lowerykrystal
Longview, TX
26, joined Jun. 2013

No iam 22. and iam signing my papers

6/4/2013 10:50:23 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

The pain never completely goes away ... there are flashes of pain ... but the pain definitely diminishes over time.

6/6/2013 11:43:37 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
basicguyhere
Madison, TN
51, joined May. 2013

come on man, 2yrs go and get laid dude. remember she blindsided you my friend! it sucks but oh yeah know how ya feel man, now don't shoot the dog or load the gun. load ur gear instead and insert into the correct crevice my friend..

6/6/2013 5:33:27 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
secretagent00h
Greensburg, PA
49, joined Apr. 2013

READ THIS ....... For help,,,,,,,

Yes the pain can go away.

But it takes a lot on your part. You have to process your feelings properly.and surround yourself with positive people and places. Then go seek council. There is a divorce care program that sounds like you could use there help.look online at divorcecare.com and find a local group meeting it is a 13 week course that will give you the guidance you desperately need. It is a Christian based program. Go with an open heart and mind and you will heal.

Please take this advice god hears you cry!!!

6/7/2013 6:15:26 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

gioliz1968
Bronx, NY
49, joined May. 2013

Thanks fr this post im thete also rite now

6/11/2013 1:08:21 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

musicmayker1
Springfield Gardens, NY
50, joined Jun. 2013

I was in the relationship for 20 years, married for 18 of those years, lived in the house separated for 1 year. I let it go during the marriage when my ex-wife said she didn't love me, didn't want to be married anymore,. After that my concern was maintaining a positive image of a good and respectful man in front of my two sons. I explained to them that marriage is honorable, it just takes two people to agree to work through any adversity that happens in relationships. Yes it did hurt, but life does not end with divorce or separation. You have to be determined to go on with life and pursue your own happiness. I am presently looking for someone to share my love with and have no problem doing so for the right woman. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Be encouraged and don't be afraid to love again.

[Edited 6/11/2013 1:09:57 AM ]

6/19/2013 10:39:50 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
california54
Lodi, CA
62, joined Apr. 2013

I left my husband and regret it. I wake up sick everyday and am getting and making myself sicker. He is still in contact with me only because of our cat. I know how you feel and wish I knew how to get over my ex-husband. It hurts because you still love her. Not sure what happened in your marriage. I thought I was the only one hurting so bad. Jeanette

6/19/2013 11:51:48 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
julia0597
Over 1,000 Posts (1,161)
Dover, NH
49, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from california54:
I left my husband and regret it. I wake up sick everyday and am getting and making myself sicker. He is still in contact with me only because of our cat. I know how you feel and wish I knew how to get over my ex-husband. It hurts because you still love her. Not sure what happened in your marriage. I thought I was the only one hurting so bad. Jeanette

You are making yourself sick. You need to think positive things. Maybe counseling it might be good for you

6/21/2013 1:11:33 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
california54
Lodi, CA
62, joined Apr. 2013

I know I am making myself sick. I have tried counseling and even talking to the ex-husband. He would say things like maybe in a year or two if I am lonely I would take you back. I am the one that left. I was also his wife #6. This is embarrassing but due to menopause issues I can no longer have intercourse so to find a man to love me is impossible. That is all I would like someday. Someone to love me and my cat.

6/21/2013 8:57:59 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
champagne37
Morris, CT
41, joined May. 2013

I'm feeling the same way..... I don't think we ever really get over it but we can learn how to cope with it I was married for20 yrs and was blind sided but I'm learning to cope with it it's very hard but u WILL get better

6/28/2013 11:47:07 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
california54
Lodi, CA
62, joined Apr. 2013

How can the pain go away or actually regret is what it is called for me. I left him and regret it. Begged to let me go back with him. I do love him but got tired of being alone in the house all day while he did his hobby of ship models 365 days a year. After being out in this dating scene and having medical issues and can no longer have intercourse how the heck will I ever find love again? I tried the therapist and the praying and it has been like 3 years now.

6/28/2013 11:57:47 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
california54
Lodi, CA
62, joined Apr. 2013

Nothing is forever is what I keep telling myself. It is really hard to get over the regret as I am the one that left because he had a hobby and never wanted to spend time with me but after going out in this world and seeing what is out there I can see now the hobby was o.k. even though it was 365 days a year. I am 58 and have health issues so it is harder to move on and never had any kids. I truly love him and all I can tell myself is it must not have all been me since I was his wife #6.

Lodi, Ca.

6/29/2013 10:15:19 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
california54
Lodi, CA
62, joined Apr. 2013

Is it really too late? We still e-mail each other about our health and pets, etc.? I will just hope maybe he will change his mind someday. Like he said to me......maybe if he gets too lonely he would want me back.

6/29/2013 4:00:04 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
mecityslicker16
Rio Linda, CA
63, joined Mar. 2013

I've been divorced for over 23 years, love it. Anyway , it is hard the first couple of years, I joined a chapter call "parents without partners" Yes lots of my friends had negative comments about this chapter, But it helped me and that's all that mattered. We the member's went camping, to dances, meetings, house parties, social gatherings, you name it we did it. It was fun to relate to and with other's, also met tons of people who enjoyed themselves as singles. I was married to my wife for 9 years, she found a boyfriend when I got laid off from work. I decided to let him keep her. Find a group of people in the same situation and share.

7/12/2013 12:05:52 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

chicagobratt85
Wylie, TX
32, joined Jun. 2013

I'm 28 years old and only been divorced for a year is it weird that I'm happier I have been in a long time??? I mean I am still hurt but I understand that I cant dwell on the past and push for a better future!!

7/23/2013 4:18:33 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

neoxerops
Chicago, IL
37, joined Jul. 2013

I'm in a similar situation...
I've been with my wife for 10 years and on July 4th, she told me that she wants to end it.

I've been falling apart and breaking down randomly since then and I know this is only the beginning of a very difficult road.

The random break downs suck the most. I try to maintain a stone presence in front of her.
But I tend to buckle.
Hell, I've even broken down on a CTA train... It sucks and it's embarrassing...

7/27/2013 10:59:22 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
etx39m
Terrell, TX
46, joined Dec. 2011

hey bro, same happened to me. i was jekyl n hyde mode alot , along with other emotions. you have got to move on , but not alone. hangout with ur friends alot. guy/girls. dont dwell over it. things happen for reason. may seem ur ex left u for sumthin better. But sum higher power planned it out for u to have somethin u really deserve.

8/11/2013 1:44:17 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
wantfamily
Shawano, WI
39, joined Jul. 2013

The pain is always there. If you truly love someone no one can ever take their place. It takes a long time to realize you and me is now just me. A lot of times I wished he would just come to me and tell me he loves me or misses me or will do anything for us but it never happens so yeah I don't know when the Hurt goes away entirely but it surely hurts to know they would rather be with someone else over you. That is a burn to the heart. Hang in there. There is no good answer. If things are meant to be you will get back together if not you won't.

8/25/2013 11:47:08 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
trip1111
Floresville, TX
42, joined May. 2013

No i dont think pain goes.away .. My thing is she captured a place in my heart. And it is always going to be there ... .just have to put away the feelings / yes its hard too do.. You still alive and that pain u feel it keeps u aliv ...e

9/3/2013 2:11:30 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

rey2140
Sullivan, OH
47, joined Sep. 2013

I bought a new tv and surround sound, stuck in expendables 2 and got it on the 50 caliber gun scene and turned it up as loud as it would go, that would irritate my ex to no end. When that was finished, I turned the stereo up as loud as it would go, that would also irritate the shit out of her. I would'nt do that at night if you have close neighbors as I did have the cops called on me for noise, but i didn't care, i just smiled

I see her now and just smile cuz her new husband finding out how she really is lol. Ya following where I'm going with this.... Quit sulking, do things that make you happy and enjoy yourself. I'm always going to have a certain amount of feelings for her, and yeah it does try to rise up occasionally, but I'll find something to put it out of my mind now. Its wierd I miss the friendship, but don't miss her, haven't figured that one out yet.

9/6/2013 11:32:23 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

2wheeledrider
Live Oak, FL
53, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from ann223:
i dont know if my pain ever went away..im happy that hes not in my life ..but what he's done to me. When im with another man i all was think he will do the same..so i push them away..i hope the pain will go away so i can go on with my life some day..

ann223: Dont let that pain WIN by bringing that past into a new relationship.
You have a right to be happy and dont let Anyone ruin that.
My ex-wife destroyed a marriage with 4 children and myself . I learned from that pain/hurt to bring in a stronger and better relationship with someone new someday.
You can too. Dont let someone that hurt you win ever.

9/7/2013 4:17:48 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

johnanthony1980
Hollywood, FL
37, joined Aug. 2013

I've been divorced for a few months now and it's a little difficult. Sure you can go out on dates, but there is a void in your life that needs to be filled. Like others say it just takes time. The worst type of divorce is when children are involved, then it's a constant matter of seeing the failed marriage, when you want to see your children. But hey live life, have fun, find a hobby, plus friends and families help out.

10/6/2013 9:46:08 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
ram7474
Over 1,000 Posts (1,067)
Post Falls, ID
42, joined Apr. 2013

I hope the pain goes away. Oh well, I'm more worried about the thought of having to start all over after 16 years

10/11/2013 6:32:50 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
wk1965
Over 2,000 Posts (2,958)
Suwanee, GA
51, joined Aug. 2013

Quote from wiretiredhippy:
Pain and anger go away if you let them

Absolutely correct......It's all the way you look at what happened....You can be bitter and angry or you can take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself what do you want to do....Life is not all about a relationship, marriage, having a boyfriend...It's about experiencing life...Go do something....Start walking the parks in your area, join a social group, start going to a gym, find a social part time job, build your relationship with your kids, parents, relatives...When you feel sad, look in the mirror and talk it out....

PS...I'm still working on all those...I constantly say "the mirror is talking bad today"..so I try my best to go and do something, not just sit and daydream of the negative.

10/11/2013 3:03:00 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
tonieomatic
North Myrtle Beach, SC
54, joined Oct. 2013

yes the pain does go away after time of being dirovced give it some time kept ur chin up u will be ok

10/23/2013 2:05:37 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
lisados
Jacksonville, FL
45, joined Oct. 2013

It will heal in due time. I just dont know when. People thought I move on. But his still in my mind and thought.

10/25/2013 1:25:46 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

aladytoo
Over 2,000 Posts (2,746)
Monroe, WI
60, joined Apr. 2006

Quote from msg916:
My divorce has been final for nearly two years. Everytime I see or talk to my ex-wife it kills me physically and emotionally.I was blinded sided when she told me she wanted it. I begged to her to let us work on it. But no. Why does it still hurt so?

Yes in time it will go away,depends on you.Sometime you will accept what is,always have an open heart,dwelling on a past with hinder your future.Reckless and bitter, will only find the same thing.

10/31/2013 3:36:17 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

countryboy4279
Brighton, CO
38, joined Oct. 2013

Doesn't seem like it. I'll have a few days where I'm feeling pretty good, but then all of a sudden I feel like sh** like I'm back to day one.

[Edited 10/31/2013 3:37:27 PM ]

12/1/2013 9:28:11 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

kclady41
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,422)
Kansas City, MO
47, joined Jun. 2011

Best cure is to start dating and find someone else

12/1/2013 10:28:26 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

xzar2013
Williamstown, NJ
38, joined Jan. 2013

You need to let go man find someone else bro

12/7/2013 7:21:08 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

tyler74171
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,754)
Mauldin, SC
43, joined Jul. 2013

Yes. I don't hate live her or hate her. I just feel sorry for her. And then I get mad at myself once in a while for being young and foolish.

12/8/2013 8:53:18 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

wsprs0nthewind
Powell, TN
52, joined Mar. 2009

Yes, it does. It takes a while. You can't just leave a long term relationship and be over it over night. You didn't fall in love all at one time and you don't fall out all at one time. It's a process.

12/8/2013 9:31:09 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
1svelte
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,447)
Chino Valley, AZ
39, joined Apr. 2010

[quoteh Quote from msg916:[/qeader][qe]My divorce has been final for nearly two years. Everytime I see or talk to my ex-wife it kills me physically and emotionally.I was blinded sided when she told me she wanted it. I begged to her to let us work on it. But no. Why does it still hurt so?[/

Have you tried sleeping with other women?

12/8/2013 9:31:44 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

countrytime40
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,600)
Stanford, KY
52, joined Jul. 2009

Quote from wsprs0nthewind:
Yes, it does. It takes a while. You can't just leave a long term relationship and be over it over night. You didn't fall in love all at one time and you don't fall out all at one time. It's a process.

You are quite right. Seems like very few people can figure this out.

Most say find someone else right away. That's like saying I'm going to cure my broke leg by taking drugs. You may not feel the pain from the broke leg while on the drugs but the leg is not healing correctly. It is in fact getting worse and will cause you problems for the rest of your life because you did not let it heal and get it taken care of when it first happened.

12/8/2013 12:34:32 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

wsprs0nthewind
Powell, TN
52, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from countrytime40:
You are quite right. Seems like very few people can figure this out.

Most say find someone else right away. That's like saying I'm going to cure my broke leg by taking drugs. You may not feel the pain from the broke leg while on the drugs but the leg is not healing correctly. It is in fact getting worse and will cause you problems for the rest of your life because you did not let it heal and get it taken care of when it first happened.

Jumping right back in is the exact WRONG thing to do. If you haven't completely gotten over the last relationship then you take all the baggage into a new relationship. Then when that relationship ends you are grieving the loss of two relationships. Your self esteem just keeps getting lower and lower and your ego is in the dirt. And the cycle goes on and on until you stop long enough to completely heal whether that takes 1 month or 5 years.

12/8/2013 2:56:48 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  

countrytime40
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,600)
Stanford, KY
52, joined Jul. 2009

^^^ Yes. So true. I have tried to tell several people the same thing but have not had any to listen including my father who started dating 2 months after my mom passed away this spring.

I know several people who I tried to talk to who have married and divorced again. Some multiple times.

You are quite right about carrying the baggage froward. I have heard a lot people say I divorced all my problems. They are only half right. They may have gotten rid of the other persons problems but still carry their own with them.

12/14/2013 10:21:57 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
thisguyhere57
Moline, IL
59, joined Nov. 2013

alot of great advice here. move on,let that go and love yourself first. you only get one walk in life...don't let this person trip you into the ditch and leave you there. you deserve better then that. gl

12/15/2013 11:00:32 PM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

12/16/2013 4:18:33 AM Does the pain ever go away | Page 2  
softnjuicy36
San Jose, CA
40, joined Sep. 2013

I've been with one man for 16 years. He was my 1st too so it was extremely difficult. There's one child involved. He and I started out young, poor and dependent on each other so we both had a difficult time surviving let alone getting along due to our conflicting personalities. There were similarities but not so much because he didn't understand me and I didn't understand him. It was an off and on relationship and every time he left, I died psychologically. He left about 4 times and came back. The 5th time, he made the decision to leave because sex wasn't as good anymore. I still care about him but I have to admit that he and I are not compatible. We would be better off being good friends than lovers. Since the separation, I've dated many guys and they helped me get over my ex. No one is perfect so don't expect perfection. But look for someone who loves you for you and not for what you can give them. Never depend on anyone for anything because once you do, then it becomes a co-dependent relationship which makes it more difficult to deal with. Make sure you are at peace, complete or whole and do not need anything from anyone 1st before jumping into a serious relationship. Never expect others to love you because expectations will always be unmet. The key is to accept whatever happens and forgive it or let it go. If you dwell on the past or resist the truth, then you are just prolonging the suffering. Past is gone, meaning it no longer exist. Present is the only gift, the only time you have at your disposal - but use it to heal and not to hurt yourself or anyone. To get to the light, we need to go through darkness. To truly live or be reborn, we need to overcome death. I did not believe I would ever survive when my ex left me but I did. God sent a friend to help me because I was just too weak but now, a year later after the separation, I am healed and more alive than I ever was. It gets better as we learn to accept our experience as lessons to learn from and become stronger. You are a lot stronger than you think