Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal websites

The FDS handbook claims LVM gravitate towards BDSM and rough sex for the reason that they want to control and dominate women in true life as well as in the bedroom. dating sites mobile al Singles browse profiles taking into consideration whom to contact, matching photographs and self descriptions to their best perception of a possible boy girlfriend or even spouse to be. No matter if you re looking to head down the aisle or for a casual fling, there s a service suited for you. onlyfans buffalo For certain, what you create in your opening message and in your profile will dictate a lot of your success with on the web dating, but the single largest issue is how an individual responds to your profile picture.

privatedelights app

So if you have a inquiries, or possibly you have some assistance to provide, you need to be capable to obtain the relevant topic for your query in our forum. dating sites in staunton va Elizabeth Vargas examines the largely unregulated dating app business and explores the dangers of dating on line, which in some uncommon circumstances has led to assault, rape and even murder. For more on how we manage individual data and your access, correction, complaint and opt out rights, see our Privacy Policy or speak to us. doublelist st louis If you re normally at a loss for what to speak about, check out our straightforward post onquestions to ask a girl.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/14/2012 1:23:40 AM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

I just bought a Dodge RAM 1500 4X4 crew cab. I did not want to buy it but my Jeep quit working with only 43000 miles on it and I needed a vehicle. IT's a 2011.

I put a heavy duty grill guard with winch plate on it so that I can mount a winch. Gross vehicle weight is 6800. I have read that I need to multiply my gross vehicle weight by 1.5 to get the size winch I need. There's not a lot available in the 10,200 lb range in winches that I like so I bumped it up to 12k and am looking at the Warn Endurance. Pretty danged expensive, but I have been stuck out in the bonnies before because I did not have a winch and I did not like that at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions relative to how I should hook this thing up? e.g. do I need a power cut off to the winch so that its not drawing current from my battery when not in use? Where should I mount the control box? (I know, out of the elements, but do I need to buy longer wire along with the winch to make sure I can get it out of the elements or will the winch come with enough wire? etc...etc....etc...

My Jeep was easy. I just put a winch plate on the front bumper and hooked it up to my battery. I did have to buy a better battery, but that was about it.

Any suggestions? I would like to get this sat up correct the first time so I wont have to spend any more than I have to. I aint rich.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/14/2012 3:39:23 AM I need winch advice.  

tarzanlikejane
Hatboro, PA
53, joined Nov. 2012

Make sure to get. A pulley and a strap to double the line if you ever have to. Most winches come with instructions I have a 2000 dodge 2500 big bumper got a winch from harbor freight. Only used it couple times. Only cost400but if your stuck in middle of noware id go with a better more expensive one.

11/14/2012 3:17:35 PM I need winch advice.  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (286,706)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

11/14/2012 10:50:20 PM I need winch advice.  

camperpaul
Over 2,000 Posts (3,237)
Zion, IL
75, joined Mar. 2008

Take a look here: - Harbor Freight -

Life is the journey, not the destination.

11/15/2012 2:22:13 PM I need winch advice.  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

I wouldn't mount a winch to the front of my vehicle, if it was a pickup.

11/15/2012 11:21:00 PM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

Camper Paul...the prices for those winches are more my speed. However, after doing some research, I bought a much over priced WARN winch...9.5cti. I dont intend to use it a lot, only in "if I get stuck" or "to help others out" situations. I bought a snatch block to double the pulling weight. I have been told that that is enough for this truck.

WARN has the best warranty out there and they really do back their winches up with their warranty.

I installed a grill guard with winch plate and will install the winch when it arrives. I wanted a heavy duty plate steel front bumper with winch plate and grill guard, and that is what I told the parts clerk at the local Dodge place I wanted. I trusted her to buy the correct part because she is my sis in law. I did not see what was ordered until after it was installed on my truck.

I told her it was the wrong part but she says she cant return it because it was installed on a vehicle....I think that is a lie, but in order to maintain peace within the family I have become a part of, I did not push it any further. My wife does not like conflict, her brother and her sis in law (the one I am talking about) know this, they also know I will back off because dont want trouble at home...a really neat way to take adavantage of my wife and me, and they use it often.

I wont be doing any business there anymore. At any rate, I do have a setup that will take a 9.5 winch, which I purchased, and with a snatch block it will do the trick if I have enough line to spool out.

Cup-O-Cheer, why not put a grill guard with winch plate and winch on a pick-up truck? I dont intend to use it like a jeep. I will only use it as described above and to pull trees or boulders out of a road I am travelling down. I am not going four wheeling or rock climbing in my purdy truck...aint no way.

[Edited 11/15/2012 11:21:44 PM ]

11/16/2012 6:03:12 AM I need winch advice.  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

@ WSJ ~~~ I didn't say DO NOT mount a winch on a pick-up. Read my post, again.

11/16/2012 5:31:06 PM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from cupocheer:
I wouldn't mount a winch to the front of my vehicle, if it was a pickup.

OK...what does this mean?....You would not mount a winch to the front of your vehicle, if it was a pickup?

It reads to me that you would not mount a winch to the front of your pickup.... why not?

11/17/2012 3:12:40 PM I need winch advice.  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

center of gravity

11/17/2012 7:59:56 PM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

You'll have to explain that. Lotta trucks out there with winches mounted on them. I put mine on today. Now I need to jack it up about four inches because the front bumper sits to close to the aground....while I'm at it, I will add some stiffer springs and better shocks....bummer....money..... money.....money....and more money.

11/17/2012 8:07:11 PM I need winch advice.  

crakor
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,634)
Oklahoma City, OK
35, joined Oct. 2011

Quote from whoshotjohn12:
You'll have to explain that. Lotta trucks out there with winches mounted on them. I put mine on today. Now I need to jack it up about four inches because the front bumper sits to close to the aground....while I'm at it, I will add some stiffer springs and better shocks....bummer....money..... money.....money....and more money.

A quick cheap fix is spring spacers purchased from your local 4wd shop takes about 15 min to install at home

11/18/2012 12:34:52 AM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

Thanks for the idea. I am going to take the entire rig to a truck place next week, hopefully on Monday, truck and camping trailer....and show them what I want. Either your idea or a leveling kit should do it. I really dont want a lift kit unless one of the other two wont work.

12/14/2012 7:57:09 AM I need winch advice.  
jeremyw1988
Watertown, NY
30, joined Dec. 2012

Warn is not over priced at all they are top of the line, and i always go atleast double my weight when its full loaded, a heavy mud hole can easily double the weight

12/14/2012 11:25:29 AM I need winch advice.  
jeremyw1988
Watertown, NY
30, joined Dec. 2012

Also, i would get heavy duty springs, just my opinion but i remember my old bumper and winch added nearly 300 or 400 pounds

12/14/2012 6:33:42 PM I need winch advice.  
uriahrose
FPO, AP
99, joined Sep. 2012

I used a Mile Marker Hydralic winch for years, they run off your power steering pump. You need to have the engine running for them to work, but you need it running anyway even with an electric one or itll suck your battery dry fast.

My Land Rover, I put a Class III receiver on the front (which also made launching the boat easier) and kept my winch strapped down in the back. That was actually my favourite setup since alot of places I didn't WANT to pull myself through, but rather back out the way I came.

The cheap Chicom Harbor Freight winchs are fine, I know guys that put them through hell and they normally work, same with the stuff from Northern. I like Warn for electrics though since once you have a winch you'll find a million uses for it.

New springs are pretty much a requirement and I'd get a leveling kit. I forgot how Dodge is, but most Fords have a forward rake.

1/3/2013 2:32:26 AM I need winch advice.  
whoshotjohn12
Over 2,000 Posts (3,723)
Cameron, OK
98, joined Aug. 2012

Got the leveling kit and it did raise it up a little. I do need to get the stiffer springs. I was trying to get this truck in shape for deer season, but it never happend. In doing that I had to buy a new set of LT tires. The truck came with passenger tires and I had two flats in the first two weeks of driving on a dirt road.

I will wait until these tires wear out, which may be quite a while, then get some 20" rims. My truck has 17 inch rims. The twenty inch rims along with the leveling kit and some bigger tires will give me the clearance I am looking for.

I wanted a plate steel bumper and pusher for my truck but wound up with only the pusher. I ordered the heavy duty bumper but the parts clerk got it wrong and ordered only the pusher. This was a relative working at a dealership. I was told that since they had already installed the part they would have to eat the cost of the pusher because the mfgr would not take it back...

I think that is pure BS, but did not want to risk getting this person into trouble, so I sucked it up and got screwed. They could have sold the part to someone else.

My point is that the pusher would only accept a 9.5 thousand lb winch. So that is as big a winch as I could put on my truck. I hope it will work when i need it to work. I am PO'd about the entire deal, but kept my mouth shut in an attempt to keep peace within the family.

I wont do business there again. I may still be able to buy a bumper that will work with the pusher I have on there. I will check into that later, after I get the stiffer springs and the 20" wheels.

Thanks for all the input. This project as gotten expensive.