Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames hookups

Individuals lie about who they are or what they appear like, and it is just the beginning of the awful experiences you re bound to encounter with attempting to meet somebody by way of a dating web site. holland chat rooms Every single company s ranking is primarily based on and calculated by an objective set of ranking criteria, as properly as user reviews. I nod—sagely, sympathetically, the way a therapist would. listcrawler odessa tx When Christine finally plugged in, she reciprocated the sentiment.

listcrawler

With much more Indians subscribing to on the internet dating apps, firms are aiming to roll out a host of attributes in the days to come. women seeking men la ca You can specify languages and dating is what the internet site proposes. Just after about 30 seconds, a automobile stops, the doors open and two ‘hood hunting guys inform me to hop in. megacon orlando speed dating Her perform has appeared in Outdoors Magazine, Washington City Paper, DCist, and PoPVille.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/29/2014 3:22:14 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

redstar4evr
Tacoma, WA
67, joined Aug. 2008

I got me a new computer so am wondering what is the best antivirus protection and why do you think its the best? I am seeing good reports about bitdefender. I have used various free ones, Avg, avast, avira in the past and they were okay. But that was in the past and this is now.
Now I am done with the free ones. This is my 3rd computer in the last 10 years. I want good protection that I can trust. An anti-virus program that I can put on a few more computer would be perfect. The first two computers were learning ones as to what not to do for if I had done things correctly I would still have one of them working.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. I use my computer a lot now since I am retired. Mostly Facebook and staying in touch with people and FB games as well going to sites friends put up on Fb to read. Also read email and play other games online, and do research for various things online.

Its like when it comes to which anti-virus protection is the best.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/29/2014 6:37:58 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
nothingisreal
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Harrison, MI
62, joined Jul. 2013

I'm not to knowledgeable with computers,
heard Mirco Trend is good for life of computer
and up to 5 PC'c.You can get it for about $69

I also heard most viruses you catch are from
playing games on FB. I use malawarebytes & CCleaner
keeps me running.

There is a guy here Digitaldog who does know
what he's talking about when it comes to computers
could always ask him.

1/29/2014 7:45:47 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

cbarrrington201
Udall, MO
68, joined Mar. 2012

My ex works in digital security.. use MalwareBytes WITH BitDefender Internet Security. after he helped me set it up i have NO PROBLEMS .
and btw - you can use it on multiple computers.

1/29/2014 11:06:49 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

redstar4evr
Tacoma, WA
67, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from cbarrrington201:
My ex works in digital security.. use MalwareBytes WITH BitDefender Internet Security. after he helped me set it up i have NO PROBLEMS .
and btw - you can use it on multiple computers.

Thanks. That does help me. Did MalwareBytes come with BitDefender or is that another program?

2/1/2014 3:22:08 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
musicdesign
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,312)
Moodus, CT
55, joined Apr. 2007

I do paid subscription to Norton and use free Malwarebytes.

2/2/2014 2:11:55 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
aha2
Z_rich
Switzerland
52, joined Jan. 2010

How about dualbooting Ubuntu and forgetting about that obsolete, virus plagued Windows?

2/6/2014 9:53:49 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

braverthought
Killeen, TX
32, joined Jan. 2014

Comodo is a great antivirus and its free. They also have a firewall program.

2/26/2014 7:55:56 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

srv63
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,070)
Baytown, TX
54, joined Jul. 2012

Virus? What the hell is that? hahaha When i was a puter noob, i was paranoid as the masses untill learning to do low level formats so hell with norton secutity and the rest of them hoggy programs that are in themselves a virus

2/26/2014 9:37:36 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

_us4love
Salem, OR
50, joined Nov. 2013

ClamAV is a free open source (GPL) antivirus engine designed for detecting Trojans, viruses, malware and other malicious threats.

www.clamav.net

2/28/2014 12:30:01 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
abbalahdun
Omaha, NE
46, joined Feb. 2010

Common sense and knowledge, along with a good heuristic scanner is decent virus protection.

Other good practices..
Run your browser with any ad-block add-on available.
Whenever possible create a system image on an external source. A USB hard drive is cheaper than a whole PC. And in a pinch when all other remedies fail, can really be a lifesaver.
Disable active scripting when you don't need it No-Script works well in this regard on Firefox.
Check installers on freeware always choose the advanced option installer and opt out of Malware offers often embedded in them.

If you have to go where no sane person should ever go Use a special setup for those purposes. Disconnect the hard drive, run a Linux OS in ram isolated on a separate WAP from your actual network on a jail broken router. There is no way to permanently infect such a machine it, as it's per session usage, and anything potentially bad goes poof with the power button. Since most bios infecting codes are written for execution on the Windows platform, and not executable in Linux it's an added layer of security.

3/1/2014 2:53:23 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

dsaep
Oakland, CA
31, joined Nov. 2013

I'm using Avast Internet Security together with Advanced System Care with anti-virus. Usually, having more than one antivirus programs will interfere with each other, but I haven't had problems with the two.

Also, I do not use Internet Explorer. I am using Mozilla Firefox with the Adblock Plus add-on.

3/4/2014 9:07:16 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
loggingon
Fontana, CA
23, joined Feb. 2014

What's wrong with norton 360 ?

That's the anti virus I use

3/5/2014 12:29:44 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

charlezcy
Dallas, TX
42, joined Jan. 2014

Clam, is not heavy on the os , it works on the same engine as the first mcafee version .

Does not bog your system down

3/13/2014 11:32:52 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
lu777ck
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (107,715)
Pardeeville, WI
50, joined Dec. 2013

I have McAfee and have not had a problem with virus's. Reading the comments above I know what could be bogging down my computer.

5/1/2014 6:42:25 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

iamdriftwood
Redding, CA
46, joined Sep. 2012

^or you could just edit your hosts file and take most of that crap away. Instead of a sh?load of adds and tracking.

5/2/2014 4:01:37 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
aha2
Z_rich
Switzerland
52, joined Jan. 2010

Why bother about obsolete, virus plagued os:

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

5/16/2014 4:37:58 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

safeamerica
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Lexington, KY
52, joined Dec. 2013

The virus protection and proper computer settings that come with your computer is best,made to protect your computer from internet etc....You truly do not need to buy anything else.

5/20/2014 3:44:00 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

digitaldog
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,703)
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from redstar4evr:
thanks you so much for your help. Norton Security Suite is what is being used now and yes I do like it as it seems to block things right away. Before any damage is done and that was what I was thinking of buying. Yes I agree with you why pay the big bucks for a computer laptop then not want to spend some for good virus protection.
Again thank you. Have a safe and happy month.

First...
You can view MY computer set-up with
the video at end of my profile..
So with a system over 11 grand of hardware,
and over 6 grand of software
with TONS of SENSITIVE data, access, and code..
You can understand MY concerns..
I have personally known Pete (Norton) from back
when we "chatted & traded "
via bulletin boards and YEARS PRIOR to
his selling to Symantec..
I too felt " O-K " with the protection provided
by Norton Systems for over ten years..
NOW..??
I utilize BitDefender in conjunction with
Advanced System Optimizer for their Malware
removal tools and registry scan engine that
I can control.
I am MUCH MORE happy with this then I ever was
with Norton Security..
Be advised..
With BOTH..
If you don't know your "stuff"..
you will regret it..
But If security like the "big-boys" is
what you need or want..
At least for now..
I gotta go with those two..
PLUS.. I can run both on an x86 12 core Intel i7 990extreme
with Win 64bit to include IE11(64)...
I had a bunch of petty insignificant complaints
and problems with Norton..
nothing serious.. I'm just picky..
But since I changed to BD and ASO..
I'm happy, and nothing I'd change or can
whine about with either Bitdefender
or Advanced System Optimizer..
Of course this is MY personal preference..
For the average user..
the price, tech aspect, unfriendliness to a novice
may not be as attractive...
Example.. neither software is much on looks..
but the ability, access, speed, and direct
input environment ( to me ) make up for the pretty face..
Hope this helps..

______

Digital Dog

5/21/2014 12:11:01 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

digitaldog
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,703)
Grove, OK
68, joined Dec. 2010

Quote from camo_chuck:
Norton Security Suite is not Norton Internet Security. It is in no way shape or form as good as Norton Internet Security.

Since 1999 I have either utilized, tested, purchased,
advised, consulted, or adapted code with EVERY thing
related to " Norton " products available to the public..
This INCLUDES " Norton Security Suite "
My previous posts and statements stand...
AGAIN I reiterate....
For the novice or general public....
ALL Norton products are quite adequate..

______
Digital Dog

5/22/2014 7:30:28 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

stricklysmitten
Penns Grove, NJ
34, joined Oct. 2013

http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

6/4/2014 7:04:39 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
kevin691
Methuen, MA
49, joined Jan. 2011

Norton's 360 is best for home and free for computers it doesn't use alot of resources anymore and us awesome

8/11/2014 5:56:01 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

stanleyzee
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (54,913)
Dayton, OH
60, joined Dec. 2012

Thx y'all

8/11/2014 10:49:58 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (252,261)
Assumption, IL
68, joined May. 2010

9/10/2014 12:15:40 PM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  
tweek90
Morristown, NJ
27, joined Aug. 2014

To some degree this is like asking do you prefer coke or Pepsi. Yes some protect more then others and some are more user-friendly.

They are only as good as updates

I think learning to browse and be mindful of downloads goes quite a bit further then an anti virus.

Personally
I like Kaspersky and malwarebytes. Don't forget to scan. Not all antivirus programs will set a scan event. A scan once a week and after questionable downloads will do.

9/12/2014 11:43:53 AM Best virus protection and why do you think its the best?  

volleyballguy73
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,670)
Hartland, MI
44, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from braverthought:
Comodo is a great antivirus and its free. They also have a firewall program.

This is what I use exclusively. Comodo's Internet Security (anti-virus) program isn't "free" (that version), but includes a firewall, too. They have both anti-virus and firewall free separately, though. There is also a forum there, that has instructions on how to set it up to get the max benefits with the least notifications.

Comodo's website: www.comodo.com

The setup forum: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm