Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

tampa hookups

Our most important priority is the wellbeing of our customers. wa dating If they also express an interest in you through Secret Crush, Facebook will match you up. If they reply with some thing humorous, you know you are in for a great chat. locanto lancaster But then cyber safety wasn t a massive concern in the early days of digitisation.

mega profile dating site

Other dating groups on Facebook contain those for peoplewho are lately divorcedor for meetingother singles in their 50s, 60s and 70s. gainesville chat rooms I assume dating websites are seriously good due to the fact they give you a chance to believe rationally, to see a persons interests, to see if they are appropriate. Guy make it quite clear to girl that it just a transaction . how do you logout of zoosk To me, this man sounded like he was just desperate to be loved.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/29/2014 9:08:48 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,295)
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Did not learn much from what Urban said but man I am worried about this years O-line for sure

The West is not getting alot of love.... Hope a sleeping giant is not there waiting to jump up

Very impressed with Franklin it will be interesting to see what he is gonna do at PSU.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/29/2014 9:09:57 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

justaguy40
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,111)
Mosheim, TN
49, joined Jul. 2008

Just caught this tidbit on sportsbreak during the Braves pregame show{their on the west coast at the Dodgers} The NCAA has settled a head injury lawsuit by alloting 70 million to a trust dedicated toward reaseach and better equiping medica personel on the sidelines in dealing with and treating concussions on the sidelines when they 1st occur don't know any details yet but at a 1st initial glance this sounds like a step in the right direction and I salite and encourage it.

7/30/2014 8:55:56 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,491)
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

they fixed that idiot targeting rule too. now if it turns out not to be targeting, theres no 15 yard penalty associated with it.

low, franklin is a kool cat. if he gets the support he'll do real good. seen him talkin bout the walk-ons, dudes eyes lit up.

i can feel it guys, practice starts friday morning. 2 weeks from saturday i'm headed to the redneck riveria for a week. 5 days after we get back, is thursday night football. 2 days later ohhhhh.........yeah..........babeeeeee.............

ROLLFREAKINTIDE

7/31/2014 5:35:55 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,169)
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from crimsontater:
they fixed that idiot targeting rule too. now if it turns out not to be targeting, theres no 15 yard penalty associated with it.

low, franklin is a kool cat. if he gets the support he'll do real good. seen him talkin bout the walk-ons, dudes eyes lit up.

i can feel it guys, practice starts friday morning. 2 weeks from saturday i'm headed to the redneck riveria for a week. 5 days after we get back, is thursday night football. 2 days later ohhhhh.........yeah..........babeeeeee.............

ROLLFREAKINTIDE

it is getting to be that time of year when the blood begins to boil, and we find ourselves getting the itchy "remote trigger finger" and seeing where the Game Day crew is this weekend........yup, college football will soon be here..........

which begs the question........why did Alabama drop Michigan State off their schedule????? is Nicky Satan a wussy???????

7/31/2014 9:18:10 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Yeah Tater it was funny he was talking about PSU's 1st game vs Central Florida.. He said when heard the game was in Dublin he was thinking Dublin, Ohio he did not realize it was in Dublin, Ireland Have fun on your vacay

Time I know you like to read books you might want to check out a new book by Dave Revsine called The Opening Kickoff The Tumultuous Birth of a Football Nation. They did a round table about the book on Big Ten Network the other night and it sounds very interesting. I copied the below from amazon.com to give you a bit of what it is about. If you have BTN the show was very interesting

It’s America’s most popular sport, played by thousands, watched by millions, and generating billions in revenues every year. It’s also America’s most controversial sport, haunted by the specter of life-threatening injuries and plagued by scandal, even among its most venerable personalities and institutions. At the college level, we often tie football’s tales of corruption and greed to its current popularity and revenue potential, and we have vague notions of a halcyon time--before the new College Football Playoff, power conferences, and huge TV contracts. Perhaps we conjure images of young Ivy Leaguers playing a gentleman’s game, exemplifying the collegial in collegiate. What we don’t imagine is a game described in 1905, not today, as "a social obsession--this boy-killing, man-mutillating, education-prostituting, gladiatorial sport."
In The Opening Kickoff, Dave Revsine tells the riveting story of the formative period of American football (1890-1915). It was a time that saw the game’s meteoric rise, fueled by overflow crowds, breathless newspaper coverage and newfound superstars—including one of the most thrilling and mysterious the sport has ever seen. But it was also a period racked by controversy in academics, recruiting, and physical brutality that, in combination, threatened football’s very existence. A vivid storyteller, Revsine brings it all to life in a captivating narrative.

[Edited 7/31/2014 9:18:25 AM ]

7/31/2014 9:38:18 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

thanks low, i'll be on the other side of fl from you. woohoo seafood here i come, uh, in a couple weeks lol

8/1/2014 9:11:23 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

^^ Years ago I worked with a guy that went there every year for his family reunion and he really likes that place... I have never been there but hope to go one day.

Wow Florida is not ranked in Coaches Poll...... Awesome

8/1/2014 10:12:11 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,351)
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from lowcountry23:
^^ Years ago I worked with a guy that went there every year for his family reunion and he really likes that place... I have never been there but hope to go one day.

Wow Florida is not ranked in Coaches Poll...... Awesome

I'm scratching my head as I do every year the preseason polls come out. Can anyone tell me why Ohio State is ranked 6th after losing their last two games last season?....and one of those two teams Clemson and Michigan State are ranked lower than OSU?
I noticed there was one first place vote for them, too. Urban must be voting for them. If not Urban, it could have been either Navy, Virginia Tech or Kent State's coaches so that it will bolster ticket sales.

8/1/2014 10:25:26 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from mortnd:
I'm scratching my head as I do every year the preseason polls come out. Can anyone tell me why Ohio State is ranked 6th after losing their last two games last season?....and one of those two teams Clemson and Michigan State are ranked lower than OSU?
I noticed there was one first place vote for them, too. Urban must be voting for them. If not Urban, it could have been either Navy, Virginia Tech or Kent State's coaches so that it will bolster ticket sales.

I would say Talent Mort... This is year 3 for Urban and he has gotten alot of good players since he got to OSU. Miller is a Senior and they have one of the best D-Lines in the country.. Bucks gotta watch out tho night games at PSU and MSU are gonna be tuff to win. As for bolstering ticket sales that makes no sense Mort because Va Tech and Kent St are playing in C-Bus and regardless of who they play at home they always get 100,000 plus.. The Navy game is being played in Baltimore and I do not think they need to drum up ticket sales there either because of the hugh Navy presence in that area.

Locally all the talk around FSU is what team scares them on the schedule..... The team everyone says is Louisville.... No one thinks ND has a chance to keep it close vs the Noles in Tallahassee.

8/2/2014 8:03:15 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,463)
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

28 more days til LSU hits the field against Wisconsin - so ready for some College Football.

8/2/2014 9:45:40 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from lowcountry23:
I would say Talent Mort... This is year 3 for Urban and he has gotten alot of good players since he got to OSU. Miller is a Senior and they have one of the best D-Lines in the country.. Bucks gotta watch out tho night games at PSU and MSU are gonna be tuff to win. As for bolstering ticket sales that makes no sense Mort because Va Tech and Kent St are playing in C-Bus and regardless of who they play at home they always get 100,000 plus.. The Navy game is being played in Baltimore and I do not think they need to drum up ticket sales there either because of the hugh Navy presence in that area.

Locally all the talk around FSU is what team scares them on the schedule..... The team everyone says is Louisville.... No one thinks ND has a chance to keep it close vs the Noles in Tallahassee.

Good, FSU felt that way when they played the Irish in '93 and got a rude awakening. Let's keep them feeling that way in mid-season.
Miller has not been impressive in the big games probably due to his offensive line. I watched a little bit of the Michigan-OSU game from last year. He underthrew a lot of passes.
Best D-lines in the country? Were they basing their vote based on the spring game and the lackluster performance of OSU's offensive line?

8/2/2014 10:06:50 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from mortnd:
Good, FSU felt that way when they played the Irish in '93 and got a rude awakening. Let's keep them feeling that way in mid-season.
Miller has not been impressive in the big games probably due to his offensive line. I watched a little bit of the Michigan-OSU game from last year. He underthrew a lot of passes.
Best D-lines in the country? Were they basing their vote based on the spring game and the lackluster performance of OSU's offensive line?

One of the great games I saw as a kid growing up here Mort Yes like 93 no one round here gave the Irish a chance but this game is not in South Bend Mort.... Oh and ND no longer has natural grass

I will say this about Miller Mort he is not the best passer in the world but as a Freshman he lead OSU to a victory over Russell Wilson and Wisky which was impressive. As a sophomore passed for 2039 yards with 15 TD's while rushing for 1271 yards and 13 TD's, and last year passed for 2094 with 24 TD's while rushing for 1068 and 12 TD's. He is the best running QB in all of College Football but did have a bad game vs MSU and his late pick cost OSU the win over Clemson. As for the D-Line Mort I did not say the best I said one of the best. ND would love to have players like Michael Bennett, Noah Spence, Adolphus Wahsington, and Joey Bosa. Hopefully they get to meet in the playoff so you can see first hand how good they are.

[Edited 8/2/2014 10:07:05 AM ]

8/3/2014 8:44:29 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

The team everyone says is Louisville.... No one thinks ND has a chance to keep it close vs the Noles in Tallahassee.

low, petrino never has a defense. fsu's offense will have a field day and their d will more than hold up against bobby p's offense.

as for notre dame game, repeat of their bcs game against bama when they go against fsu.

8/3/2014 9:35:39 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from crimsontater:

low, petrino never has a defense. fsu's offense will have a field day and their d will more than hold up against bobby p's offense.

as for notre dame game, repeat of their bcs game against bama when they go against fsu.

Yeah Tater I dunno why fans and local sports talk people and writers are fearing L'ville... They bring up the fact the game is on a Thursday night at L'ville and because of Petrino's offensive mind but... Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater are gone so I see blowout city. The Miami game could be tricky but the problem is right now Miami dose not have a proven QB... Yeah I agree with the ND thought the Noles got way too many players for ND to handle it will most likely be a blowout.

8/5/2014 9:30:11 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Finally Direct TV announces they will carry SEC Network

8/6/2014 10:10:32 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from lowcountry23:

seen a lil blurb about charter being in talks also. i have charter, get more freeze ups, drop outs, and audio issues with them than i ever did directv. and omg the price, sheesh

8/6/2014 10:24:03 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from lowcountry23:

Is direct TV carrying it on their normal guide or is there going to be an additional cost to get it

8/6/2014 7:14:30 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

^^ Not sure 10 I read it in the USA Today the other day and SEC Network sent me a email saying they had finally struck a deal with Direct TV but it did not mention if the cost of the bill would go up.

Boy o boy Charlie Strong is cleaning house at Texas...... I think he is gonna do big things over there in Austin....

8/6/2014 7:20:26 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from crimsontater:
seen a lil blurb about charter being in talks also. i have charter, get more freeze ups, drop outs, and audio issues with them than i ever did directv. and omg the price, sheesh

Hmmm never heard of Charter Tater.... Yeah I hear other providers bash Direct TV alot but I hardly ever have a problem with it... Sometimes it is pouring and I do not lose signal or if I do it usually is not for long... I hear ya about the price tho it is getting a little rich for my blood as well Hope Charter gets the deal done for you

8/6/2014 11:20:06 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

i have charter........the prices are high, the service is spotty.........but they do have a lot in their sports coverage.......

8/6/2014 11:31:08 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

^^ Oh I thought maybe it was just a Bama or Georgia thing... Crazy they got so many different ways to get TV now a days I can not keep up

8/7/2014 5:50:00 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from crimsontater:
The team everyone says is Louisville.... No one thinks ND has a chance to keep it close vs the Noles in Tallahassee.

It's way too early to tell what ND is going to do this year. With Golston coming back, they'll certainly have stronger QB play. The offensive line is solid and their skill positions have a lot of untested, talented younsters.

The defense concerns me especially with losing Tuitt and Nix on the D-line. But, they'll have Sheldon Day who will play on Sundays down the road. The linebacking corps concerns me even with Jaylon Smith back there. I think the DBs will be fine.

As with all college football teams, they depend on senior leadership. I don't know who is going to step up to the plate this year for them because they are so young. With their schedule, I'd bank on waiting until next year to see them in the playoffs...but, you never know.

8/7/2014 7:24:11 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from mortnd:
It's way too early to tell what ND is going to do this year. With Golston coming back, they'll certainly have stronger QB play. The offensive line is solid and their skill positions have a lot of untested, talented younsters.

The defense concerns me especially with losing Tuitt and Nix on the D-line. But, they'll have Sheldon Day who will play on Sundays down the road. The linebacking corps concerns me even with Jaylon Smith back there. I think the DBs will be fine.

As with all college football teams, they depend on senior leadership. I don't know who is going to step up to the plate this year for them because they are so young. With their schedule, I'd bank on waiting until next year to see them in the playoffs...but, you never know.

"wait till next year"????? >>>>>>>>>>>>>the eternal lament of the Cubs fan. Certainly, I am not used to seeing you make that comment with regard to Irish football, morte'!!!

But the comment you make about senior leadership is spot on. What a treat it is to have responsible senior leadership on any team. They drive the success of their team. Michigan State had some outstanding senior leadership last year, and what a difference it made!!!! The Spartans are well regarded again this season, but I have to see who is going to lead this year.

It will certainly help the Irish to have Golston back behind the center this year. ND's QB play will definitely take a step UP compared to the dismal play of Rees last year.

In a related issue, morte', I am hearing some great things out of Lions camp this year with regard to one Theo Ridd*ck. He impressed me in some spot duty last year. Looking for more good things from him this year.

8/7/2014 9:07:06 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

With Golston coming back,

mort, i always try to give props where they're due, well in serious times, lol. but i do want to commend the gholston kid for coming back and doing what he had to to get back.

8/7/2014 10:14:57 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from timetogolf:
"wait till next year"????? >>>>>>>>>>>>>the eternal lament of the Cubs fan. Certainly, I am not used to seeing you make that comment with regard to Irish football, morte'!!!

But the comment you make about senior leadership is spot on. What a treat it is to have responsible senior leadership on any team. They drive the success of their team. Michigan State had some outstanding senior leadership last year, and what a difference it made!!!! The Spartans are well regarded again this season, but I have to see who is going to lead this year.

It will certainly help the Irish to have Golston back behind the center this year. ND's QB play will definitely take a step UP compared to the dismal play of Rees last year.

In a related issue, morte', I am hearing some great things out of Lions camp this year with regard to one Theo Ridd*ck. He impressed me in some spot duty last year. Looking for more good things from him this year.

Yea Golf, and with the addition of T.J. Jones and Golden Tate, your "ND" boys will be giving my Bears fits.

8/7/2014 10:18:18 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from crimsontater:
With Golston coming back,

mort, i always try to give props where they're due, well in serious times, lol. but i do want to commend the gholston kid for coming back and doing what he had to to get back.

Hey Tater, I gotta give Golston some credit too. He screwed up. Paid the price for it and is now earning his way back. The kid is pretty loyal to ND. At a lot of universities he would have been given two quarters suspension.

8/15/2014 5:55:50 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Four players were dismissed from the Notre Dame football team on Friday due to academic fraud.

Among the players dismissed is defensive tackle Ishaq Williams, who was once heavily recruited by Syracuse University.

Williams chose Notre Dame over Syracuse and Penn State. He was targeted by Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone as a key recruit to keep in-state at Syracuse. Williams played at Lincoln High in Brooklyn, NY.

He was the No.7 rated prep defensive end prospect in the nation according to Scout.com at the time of his commitment to Notre Dame.

The other three players dismissed are receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back KeiVarae Russell and linebacker Kendall Moore.

All students being investigated, including some non-student-athletes, will remain enrolled until the probe is complete, according to the school's release.

Notre Dame found evidence late in the summer that students had turned in papers and homework that had been written for them by others and referred that evidence on July 29 to the compliance office on athletics, per the school's release. The school's office of general counsel immediately launched an investigation, according to the release.

Notre Dame announced in its release that it will "voluntarily vacate any victories" in which players involved in the investigation participated, if the investigation finds they would have been ineligible to play in those games.

8/15/2014 6:37:40 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

crimsontater
Trenton, GA
55, joined Jul. 2010

Quote from 10snut:
Four players were dismissed from the Notre Dame football team on Friday due to academic fraud.

Among the players dismissed is defensive tackle Ishaq Williams, who was once heavily recruited by Syracuse University.

Williams chose Notre Dame over Syracuse and Penn State. He was targeted by Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone as a key recruit to keep in-state at Syracuse. Williams played at Lincoln High in Brooklyn, NY.

He was the No.7 rated prep defensive end prospect in the nation according to Scout.com at the time of his commitment to Notre Dame.

The other three players dismissed are receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back KeiVarae Russell and linebacker Kendall Moore.

All students being investigated, including some non-student-athletes, will remain enrolled until the probe is complete, according to the school's release.

Notre Dame found evidence late in the summer that students had turned in papers and homework that had been written for them by others and referred that evidence on July 29 to the compliance office on athletics, per the school's release. The school's office of general counsel immediately launched an investigation, according to the release.

Notre Dame announced in its release that it will "voluntarily vacate any victories" in which players involved in the investigation participated, if the investigation finds they would have been ineligible to play in those games.

BUT BUT BUT.........

8/15/2014 7:44:31 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from crimsontater:
BUT BUT BUT.........

AND ...........................

GUESS WHAT

THEY ARE

NOT

FROM THE SEC

8/15/2014 7:50:38 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

i just heard the story about the athletes from Notre Dame on my way home this afternoon........most certainly disappointing.........but the thing to notice is that ND caught this themselves, and reported it........and are handling it appropriately.........

caught your little "touche" moment there, 10s........well done.......

what i will say is that of course it wasn't players from the SEC........the charge was ACADEMIC fraud..........

no self respecting SEC player would EVER be guilty of practicing academics!!!!

8/15/2014 8:09:20 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from timetogolf:
i just heard the story about the athletes from Notre Dame on my way home this afternoon........most certainly disappointing.........but the thing to notice is that ND caught this themselves, and reported it........and are handling it appropriately.........

caught your little "touche" moment there, 10s........well done.......

what i will say is that of course it wasn't players from the SEC........the charge was ACADEMIC fraud..........

no self respecting SEC player would EVER be guilty of practicing academics!!!!

Well they weren't practicing either - they were having someone INTELLIGENT (unlike themselves) write the papers for them so they could pass - gee - do you think maybe that is why they have a high percentage of graduates - and if you choose someone intelligent you may even score a high grade so the grade point average of supposed graduates is very high.....how unique is that.

You left yourself wide open for that Time.

[Edited 8/15/2014 8:10:55 PM ]

8/15/2014 10:12:02 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from 10snut:
Well they weren't practicing either - they were having someone INTELLIGENT (unlike themselves) write the papers for them so they could pass - gee - do you think maybe that is why they have a high percentage of graduates - and if you choose someone intelligent you may even score a high grade so the grade point average of supposed graduates is very high.....how unique is that.

You left yourself wide open for that Time.

i must be slipping, 10s

8/15/2014 11:38:27 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

For those fans of college football, you should applaud what Notre Dame did today. The degree that I received should mean the same degree to everyone...including the athletes.
Unfortunately, the same standard is not held elsewhere.

This is what happens when a university puts academics above athletics. Well done, Notre Dame!

GO IRISH!!!!

8/16/2014 6:53:30 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from mortnd:
For those fans of college football, you should applaud what Notre Dame did today. The degree that I received should mean the same degree to everyone...including the athletes.
Unfortunately, the same standard is not held elsewhere.

This is what happens when a university puts academics above athletics. Well done, Notre Dame!

GO IRISH!!!!

This is not 4 young men that just didn't make the grades - this is about integrity - it's about cheating and it does not just happen at Notre Dame....My point in posting this is because the SEC is so constantly accused of being dishonest and stupid and just about athletics and it is just not true. And it's not just athletes that are being investigated. It is suspected there may be other students also. I commend any University that holds their students accountable to integrity and I firmly believe that any University that would have gotten this information would have acted the same way....

People are people everywhere - North South East West - no matter - there are those with integrity and those that just don't give a flying flip....there are intelligent and educated and uneducated people and honest and dishonest people in all parts of the world. It is so wrong to classify an area of the country with negativity just because someone is from another section of the country.

This is a quote from Jenkins at Notre Dame...

"At any university you're dealing with young people. The vast majority of them make good decisions. But young people sometimes make bad decisions," he said. "Our job is to hold them accountable and to use those incidents as ways to educate them. That's what we're doing."

Notice he did not say at Notre Dame - He Said at any University....and that is true....At any University you have those that are intelligent, those that are honest and those that make good decisions....and then you have others....

Integrity is not limited to one section of the country.

8/16/2014 8:33:10 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

It is no surprise this happened at Notre Dame.... The last couple of years they have been moving up in the recruiting rankings A guy in our local paper said this :

So will academically suspected football players DaVaris Daniels, KeiVarae Russell, Ishaq Williams and Kendall Moore be forever known to Notre Dame fans as " The Four Coursemen?"

now that was funny

8/16/2014 9:07:04 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

and here we go again with another round of DH asleep at the switch........noticing that the order of posts are not getting all screwy........

they won't let you bump the threads, they won't let you chat, you can't do videos anymore, and they let people who specialize in lies and innuendo rule the threads........

idiots are now running the asylum........

as you can see, the posts for August 15 are now following the posts of August 16

[Edited 8/16/2014 9:07:58 AM ]

8/16/2014 10:11:20 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from timetogolf:
and here we go again with another round of DH asleep at the switch........noticing that the order of posts are not getting all screwy........

as you can see, the posts for August 15 are now following the posts of August 16

Yeah - I noticed that too Time

8/16/2014 1:00:11 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
tommy8345
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,025)
Raleigh, NC
72, joined Feb. 2014

I have a conspiracy theory . . . Reverend Time intentionally put all of these posts out of order because he can throw but he cannot catch . . .

8/16/2014 11:30:14 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from tommy8345:
I have a conspiracy theory . . . Reverend Time intentionally put all of these posts out of order because he can throw but he cannot catch . . .

with every post you make, you reveal more and more about your true identity, "tommy".

8/17/2014 9:47:43 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

justaguy40
Mosheim, TN
49, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from timetogolf:

they won't let you bump the threads, they won't let you chat, you can't do videos anymore, and they let people who specialize in lies and innuendo rule the threads........

idiots are now running the asylum........

I blame funny

8/17/2014 11:52:17 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
72, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from timetogolf:
with every post you make, you reveal more and more about your true identity, "tommy".

Reverend Time, Your true identity was revealed long ago, like back in the days when you were mich . . . only for starters.

8/17/2014 1:09:38 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

CBS Sports Preseason College Football Poll

FBS

ASSOCIATED PRESS TOP 25
1. Florida State
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Auburn
7. UCLA
8. Michigan State
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. Southern California
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Ole Miss
19. Arizona State
20. Kansas State
21. Texas A&M
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Missouri
25. Washington
Complete details
08/17/2014

COACHES POLL
1. Florida State
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio State
7. UCLA
8. Michigan State
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. Southern California
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona State
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas State
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington
Complete details
07/31/2014

BCS STANDINGS
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. Michigan State
5. Stanford
6. Baylor
7. Ohio State
8. Missouri
9. South Carolina
10. Oregon
11. Oklahoma
12. Clemson
13. Oklahoma State
14. Arizona State
15. UCF
16. LSU
17. UCLA
18. Louisville
19. Wisconsin
20. Fresno State
21. Texas A&M
22. Georgia
23. Northern Illinois
24. Duke
25. Southern California
Complete details
12/09/2013

CBSSPORTS.COM 126
1. Florida State Seminoles
2. Michigan State Spartans
3. Auburn Tigers
4. Alabama Crimson Tide
5. Missouri Tigers
6. South Carolina Gamec*cks
7. Oklahoma Sooners
8. Oregon Ducks
9. Stanford Cardinal
10. Clemson Tigers
11. Ohio State Buckeyes
12. UCF Knights
13. Baylor Bears
14. LSU Tigers
15. Louisville Cardinals
16. UCLA Bruins
17. Oklahoma State Cowboys
18. Wisconsin Badgers
19. Texas A&M Aggies
20. Arizona State Sun Devils
21. Southern California Trojans
22. Washington Huskies
23. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
24. East Carolina Pirates
25. Duke Blue Devils
Rankings: 1-25 · 26-126
02/05/2014

8/18/2014 7:38:58 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from 10snut:
This is not 4 young men that just didn't make the grades - this is about integrity - it's about cheating and it does not just happen at Notre Dame....My point in posting this is because the SEC is so constantly accused of being dishonest and stupid and just about athletics and it is just not true. And it's not just athletes that are being investigated. It is suspected there may be other students also. I commend any University that holds their students accountable to integrity and I firmly believe that any University that would have gotten this information would have acted the same way....

People are people everywhere - North South East West - no matter - there are those with integrity and those that just don't give a flying flip....there are intelligent and educated and uneducated people and honest and dishonest people in all parts of the world. It is so wrong to classify an area of the country with negativity just because someone is from another section of the country.

This is a quote from Jenkins at Notre Dame...

"At any university you're dealing with young people. The vast majority of them make good decisions. But young people sometimes make bad decisions," he said. "Our job is to hold them accountable and to use those incidents as ways to educate them. That's what we're doing."

Notice he did not say at Notre Dame - He Said at any University....and that is true....At any University you have those that are intelligent, those that are honest and those that make good decisions....and then you have others....

Integrity is not limited to one section of the country.

I agree with your statement "Integrity is not limited to one section of the country." However, academic standards are much different from school to school.

8/18/2014 1:52:43 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from mortnd:
I agree with your statement "Integrity is not limited to one section of the country." However, academic standards are much different from school to school.

Sorry but I do not agree that academic standards are different from school to school - academic standards are different depending on the student

8/18/2014 9:45:00 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn horrible news coming outta Colubums Braxton Miller may be lost for the season after injuring his right shoulder that he had surgery on this offseason Hate to hear this news for B Miller since he is a Senior... Really hope the MRI tomorrow is not all bad news for him. Without Miller this year I am afraid there will be no shot for my Bucks to make it to the 4 team playoff

8/19/2014 8:01:43 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from 10snut:
Sorry but I do not agree that academic standards are different from school to school - academic standards are different depending on the student

sorry, 10s, I respectfully disagree. Academic standards ARE different from school to school. There are clearly students who cannot get accepted at the Northwesterns and Stanfords or Vanderbilts of the world, but they CAN get in at other schools.

But you are correct in saying that the student has a role in that discussion, too.

8/19/2014 8:52:35 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Please lord do not let all be bad for Braxton today

8/19/2014 9:13:29 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
timetogolf
Chesaning, MI
64, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from lowcountry23:
Please lord do not let all be bad for Braxton today

although it would help my team if he were gone for the season, I hope that Miller is able to play this year.......if only cause it is his senior season, and a player like him should go out on his terms...........

8/19/2014 9:43:36 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

^^ Yeah Time what a bad time to go down with a injury... If he is out for the season not sure if he could redshirt and comeback next year but with this being a second injury to the same shoulder he might make the jump anyway. Not sure if he can make it as a a QB in the NFL but I think he would get drafted by someone and I would not blame him for leaving because he has the right to make his money. Just would hate for him to go out like this he has done some great things for Ohio State.

8/19/2014 11:19:21 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from timetogolf:
sorry, 10s, I respectfully disagree. Academic standards ARE different from school to school. There are clearly students who cannot get accepted at the Northwesterns and Stanfords or Vanderbilts of the world, but they CAN get in at other schools.

But you are correct in saying that the student has a role in that discussion, too.

I hear what you are saying and sometimes that is true but also it sometimes depends on MONEY and CONNECTIONS to get accepted at some of those schools.....Unfortunately those two things can get your foot in the door and keep you there no matter what your grades.....

8/19/2014 3:04:18 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,024)
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

Reports: Ohio State QB Braxton Miller out for season with shoulder injury

Low who's the backup

8/20/2014 9:38:07 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Well it is official Braxton is out for the season Hope he can make a 100 percent recovery and am looking forward to him leading the Buckeyes in 2015. He graduates in December but has come out and said he wants to go to graduate school and return next season to Ohio State.

TJ Barrett will be the guy starting at QB Sorp.. He beat out Cardale Jones in the spring as the backup... I do not know much about him other than he is from Texas, is a duel threat QB, and has not played in a game since injuring his ACL during his Senior season in High School.

8/20/2014 12:44:20 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
72, joined Feb. 2014

I wonder how far Ohio State will drop in the pre-season polls which means absolutely nothing of course.

8/20/2014 3:56:37 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

justaguy40
Mosheim, TN
49, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from lowcountry23:
Well it is official Braxton is out for the season Hope he can make a 100 percent recovery and am looking forward to him leading the Buckeyes in 2015. He graduates in December but has come out and said he wants to go to graduate school and return next season to Ohio State.

TJ Barrett will be the guy starting at QB Sorp.. He beat out Cardale Jones in the spring as the backup... I do not know much about him other than he is from Texas, is a duel threat QB, and has not played in a game since injuring his ACL during his Senior season in High School.
thats a tough break Low hate it for youu guys. but Im off today and heard an excellent point made on one of the talk shows this could end up being a blessing in disguise for miller The buckeyes are having to replace a lot of loses on the o line the'll have an entire season of playing together and jelling befoe braxton steps behind them again plus a lot of young skill players will be more rxperienced the table should be well set for Him to make a heisman run when He returns.

8/20/2014 7:07:37 PM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

^^^ I just hope he can come back healthy Just. Scary having 2 injuries to the same shoulder within 8 months. That is true the offensive line was replacing 4 starters and they lost Carlos Hyde so when Miller comes back next year it the O-Line should be better than this years version. I just hating seeing him go down this close to the season. The season is not lost but boy sure gonna be alot of pressure on TJ Barrett and the back end of the defense. The Va. Tech game just got alot tuffer because the young O-line and Barrett is gonna see a good schemes from Bud Fosters defense... Injuries do happen so the boys will just have to work alot harder to get that Big10 Title

8/22/2014 8:12:26 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from 10snut:
I hear what you are saying and sometimes that is true but also it sometimes depends on MONEY and CONNECTIONS to get accepted at some of those schools.....Unfortunately those two things can get your foot in the door and keep you there no matter what your grades.....

Really? Ever hear of SAT scores? Those are non negotiable when admitting students at Notre Dame.

8/22/2014 8:20:47 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
mortnd
Fort Wayne, IN
54, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from lowcountry23:
^^^ I just hope he can come back healthy Just. Scary having 2 injuries to the same shoulder within 8 months. That is true the offensive line was replacing 4 starters and they lost Carlos Hyde so when Miller comes back next year it the O-Line should be better than this years version. I just hating seeing him go down this close to the season. The season is not lost but boy sure gonna be alot of pressure on TJ Barrett and the back end of the defense. The Va. Tech game just got alot tuffer because the young O-line and Barrett is gonna see a good schemes from Bud Fosters defense... Injuries do happen so the boys will just have to work alot harder to get that Big10 Title

I can understand your disappointment, Low. My daughter who is a student at OSU tells me that there are a lot of heads hanging in Columbus.
As I've posted before in this thread, even with Braxton Miller OSU doesn't deserve a 5th ranked team. They lost the last two games of the season last year (MSU and Clemson).
Miller's weaknesses were exposed. He's not a Heisman candidate like Buckeye Nation says.
OSU's offensive line is very suspect plus they lost their leading rusher and receiver both contributed over 2000 yards combined last year.
One bright spot for them is that they have a little more time to get their QBs ready for the first game. They need to jump on Navy in the first quarter. If they flounder in the first couple of series, get a few bodybags for your interior lineman. They will be limping off the field.

[Edited 8/22/2014 8:21:50 AM ]

8/22/2014 8:25:13 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,024)
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

One week less one day away it begins again...oh i wont talk about rutgers to spare you all... lol

8/22/2014 9:18:23 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
37, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from mortnd:
I can understand your disappointment, Low. My daughter who is a student at OSU tells me that there are a lot of heads hanging in Columbus.

I saw something that made me feel a little better. I was watching BTN Live a Bucks fan sent in a message that said .....In 2007 we made the National Title game with Tood Boeckman as QB everything will be fine.... I do not think the Bucks can go that far now but I do still think they can win the Big10.

8/22/2014 10:37:53 AM College Football Bragging Thread | Page 3  

10snut
Lake Charles, LA
70, joined May. 2008

Quote from mortnd:
Really? Ever hear of SAT scores? Those are non negotiable when admitting students at Notre Dame.

Come on Mort - you know good and well anything can be fixed if need be.....and has been done in the past and will happen in the future...and i'm talking about at any school and in any geographical area....I will agree that some schools are better than others on an average but to Diss a school and say all that school is interested in is sports is pure BS .... sports is not a priority in any school. It is a priority by those athletes and coaches but not by all the alumni and professors of a University. I believe that all schools are basically evenly balanced.