Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler ts

In 2016, there have been 450,000 applicants on the waiting list. decatur singles Meet your soulmate or just meet a new group of buddies. India is home to the highest percentage of the youth population in the world and extra than a billion world wide web customers. howard stern speed dating This is not fair to them or to you.

indianapolis hookups

1st I want to tell you about a couple of apps that I have tried, and also tell you about my personal personal dating experiences. hook up alaska He shows up and I was impressed that he actually is as handsome as his photographs (as opposed to the guys that send you pictures of themselves beneath truly very good lighting ). I believed, fuck this, I m not going to keep. el paso adultlook Just randomly pick one particular person to ask the initial of the 21 concerns, then move by way of the group until everyone has had a likelihood to answer.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/15/2014 6:14:37 AM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
deneez
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,068)
Rochester, MI
57, joined Apr. 2012

Let us suppose one accepts a position. Let us suppose one does not care for this position as it is one that keeps one in front of the computer and one is much more comfortable with a more 'manual' hands on type of position.

Job hopping is never admirable, but within the same profession such as nursing (and other types) one can take a trip and never quit leave the farm, (if you know what I mean)

Let us suppose now you're not quite 30 years old anymore.

How many of you would be apt to go or move to a position where you feel most comfortable?

How many of you feel age should be taken into consideration?

Does anyone think age is a determining factor in the mind of the employer, or does skill factor over-ride all concerns? People are working longer these days.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/18/2014 9:39:38 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
b2cold
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,950)
Elk Grove Village, IL
37, joined Mar. 2014

Youth = energy
Older = experience

Whatever your comfortable with. If your unhappy with want you or age related stuff by all means swich

12/19/2014 6:36:31 AM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  

kingslayer99
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,801)
Arlington, TN
52, joined Oct. 2014

First be happy you have any job your 55 OP. Complaining you want a more hands on job ? You think you could handle one and what do you mean? Injury is more probable at your age especially if you have been sitting on your a** in front of a puter for years. I have done hands on physical work all my life and its starting to take its toll on my body. Its what I like to do. But if I keep doing it I may not be able to use my hands and be a wreck when I finely can retire. If I where you I would be happy with my desk job and go to the gym more. You can get your hands on there.

"Does anyone think age is a determining factor in the mind of the employer, or does skill factor over-ride all concerns? People are working longer these days."

People are working longer because they have to not want to. Seriously who wants to work into their 60's? That being said yes some places will hire older workers. But your skill set and past work experience matter the most. I'm considering a career change to. But will anyone hire me after I go to school? Big gamble! The older we get the higher our insurance premiums to. And we usually want more money. Add all that up and ask yourself why would you hire an older worker?

12/22/2014 10:17:22 AM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
aprils_alterego
Bolivar, MO
39, joined Jul. 2013

In healthcare, skill/experience generally takes the lead. Unless, of course, that skill price tag is unaffordable. Personally, I prefer age/skill over young blood. Work ethics have changed and the younger generations entering the work force expect things to be handed to them compared to the hard work ethics of the 40-50's.

[Edited 12/22/2014 10:18:09 AM ]

12/22/2014 5:27:13 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
karrpilot
Over 1,000 Posts (1,926)
Oswego, IL
53, joined Jul. 2009

People are not working longer because they want to. Many are doing so because they HAVE to. Bad investments, no investments, health issues, lack of advancements / opportunities, family issues, etc.

That being said, age is definitely a factor. Yes, older workers seem to have a much better work ethic. Being on time, ready to do a job, not showing up looking like they just got out of bed, etc. However, the younger workers are usually not dealing with as many health issues as the older workers tend to have, and many will take a low paying job as a stepping stone to something better.

So it all boils down to the company. Some companies want older, more experienced workers who know what they are doing, and how to do a task. Other companies don't care, and are looking for cheap labor. The latter sets up a revolving door of employees. But if there is a glut of cheap workers they can pick from and turn over isn't a problem, there you have it.

12/24/2014 3:00:00 AM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,160)
Winnipeg, MB
64, joined Sep. 2008

Tragically the economic times we live in has produced some abhorent practices by some employers in the name of 'competition'.

For example there has now emerged a large number of people who are working at more than one job because they are unable to obtain enough hours in ONE of their jobs to demand full-time benefits. This is a planned attempt to maximize profits for the employer. In fact there are 'bean counters' who have decided exactly when the sales are made and then schedule the staff accordingly.

It has made 'objects' of persons. This is a moral degradation of the human person as it makes the 'labour force' into a commodity just as coal or electricty is. It is something that cannot be justified but it is legal so it is becoming more and more commonplace.

The older employees may have experience and a work ethic but will often be seen as easy targets because their children are older and therefore do not need to be attended to with as much time. They are often more likely to accept working conditions that are difficult because they are also saddled with mortgages.

The difficulty in these times is recognizing that one's wants and needs are not identical AND it is unwise to carry ANY debt load.

The young have been raised with the idea that a credit card is a 'normal' way of paying for things. They also have the idea that the 'normal' life requires ALL the things that their grandparents have immediately. Businesses will offer no payments for extended periods of time for furniture or vehicles but there is a cost associated with these purchases that come later.

Once someone is in debt then they have fewer options and have to take any or all offers for employment simply to maintain a lifestyle that their grandparents achieved over many years - saving and paying for things when they had the money in the bank.

The stresses that go along with difficult shifts or a lot of time with transportation (which may include owning a vehicle simply to get to and from work) have an attendent cost as well - the cost of one's health.

Lots of things to consider.

D

12/24/2014 4:40:45 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
numbersor_only
Over 1,000 Posts (1,877)
Austin, TX
57, joined Nov. 2014

By some age when you have or could have gained experience and wisdom, you are expected to understand the way business works, what jobs are, what value is, from the perspective of both the employer and employee, so it is up to you to make a case for how you fit in, earn your pay, competing with other candidates, and maybe get creative about it and know how to bypass any agism you might encounter.

12/24/2014 11:04:44 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,160)
Winnipeg, MB
64, joined Sep. 2008

When nearing retirement age it may be a wise decision to establish some part-time business that could lead to a supplemental income upon retirement.

The reasons for this are many. One is that many persons, when they retire, are lost and lose their identity. They also have a feeling of uselessness which amplifies any sense of loss in their contributions to the world around them. Depression and loneliness is a plague for the aged whose families are often busy people and don't realize the impact the isolation has upon the older family members.

Another reason is that a part-time income secures one's income when unexpected bills may come into your life, like medications you didn't consider before.

There are also some deductions that a business affords that a 'regular' person cannot access. Consultation with some accountant would be wise before deducting part of your house or utilities in case you have to sell unexpectedly.

D

12/31/2014 3:35:10 AM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
lilod
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,074)
Aurora, IL
51, joined Aug. 2012

Age is definitely a factor, even in instances where it's legally not supposed to be considered. I have a friend who worked in recruitment, and most of the companies she worked with made it clear that they were not interested in interviewing candidates who were around 50 or older.

That said, there are always exceptions. I wouldn't stay in a job I didn't like; you might just have to think more creatively about your options and approach.

1/4/2015 7:01:39 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  

arizonasunshine
Duluth, MN
31, joined Dec. 2008

Age is critical in the mind of the employer, interviewer and HR. Head Hunters are given explicit directives to keep the age under 50. This is why my career is successful. Both men and women wish to look younger through elective plastic surgery. Most insurance companies will not cover plastic surgery, thus, my patients pay me with cash or plastic. Insurance will pay for plastic surgery, but not cosmetic surgery.

1/4/2015 7:35:33 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
lilod
Aurora, IL
51, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from kingslayer99:

People are working longer because they have to not want to. Seriously who wants to work into their 60's? That being said yes some places will hire older workers. But your skill set and past work experience matter the most. I'm considering a career change to. But will anyone hire me after I go to school? Big gamble! The older we get the higher our insurance premiums to. And we usually want more money. Add all that up and ask yourself why would you hire an older worker?

That's true for some people, but not all. Many people still feel good in their 60s and, if they're in careers they enjoy, see no reason to get out. My dad worked in construction until he was 70--could have retired at 65 or 67, but chose not to--and then bought a motorcycle. He's 76 now, and as of last summer was still riding that bike out of state, and was still doing construction work around the house and for his friends.

And, a lot of professionals have options--working from home, cutting back hours, etc. I've made much of my living as a writer, and I can't imagine why at 65 I'd suddenly decide to stop doing something I love just because I didn't "have to" anymore.

1/4/2015 7:37:15 PM Age related question in regards to hiring practices.  
lilod
Aurora, IL
51, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from arizonasunshine:
Age is critical in the mind of the employer, interviewer and HR. Head Hunters are given explicit directives to keep the age under 50. This is why my career is successful. Both men and women wish to look younger through elective plastic surgery. Most insurance companies will not cover plastic surgery, thus, my patients pay me with cash or plastic. Insurance will pay for plastic surgery, but not cosmetic surgery.

Though I know that what you say about head hunters is true and I believe that the desire to look younger naturally follows, it doesn't really make sense. A person looking at your resume, graduation dates, previous jobs, etc. can easily tell how old you are (roughly) regardless of what you look like. They don't even see what you look like until you've made it through that initial screening.