Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

over 40 listcrawler

I figured getting straightforward was the way to go as to stay away from any mixed messages. puerto rican singles online Becoming far away from dwelling seemed to set me no cost from the shackles of overanalysis about who this man could be in my life. 18 people share their wholesome dating app stories, from falling in appreciate to generating some fantastic mates along the way. what is the meetme app all about I don t fully grasp why is it so tough to be with a honest man who desires nothing but honesty,adore,and dedication.

megapersonaks

In apps or speed dating , it is human nature to pick out the finest eg ideal look , very best vehicle own, best revenue, best character. casa grande hook up Lots of men and women have located success on dating web sites and apps—and some have even identified lifelong partners. If you plan it correct, conversation does not have to be one particular of those items. south korean hookup app Only then will you be capable to judge their character.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/7/2015 9:38:33 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

miss_kemia
Over 1,000 Posts (1,892)
Lynchburg, VA
34, joined Oct. 2013

I want to eat organic foods more but dang, I have an issue paying 4.50 for Beanito chips...
smh.

Fresh Market had huge steroid apples for 4.50 each.

wtf.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/7/2015 9:45:40 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

DoofusExtremus
San Antonio, TX
45, joined Jan. 2015

A: garden

They have to stay in business -not easy to compete with mass-producers

If more spend on honest organic, price should deop eventually

Drop the coin -you are a pioneer

[Edited 2/7/2015 9:48:27 PM ]

2/7/2015 9:49:19 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

DoofusExtremus
San Antonio, TX
45, joined Jan. 2015

Deop? = drop

2/7/2015 9:53:26 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

pickygirl72
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,771)
Phelan, CA
44, joined Sep. 2011

Party-Tizers Veggie Dippin' Chips Kale Carrot and spinach (other flavors- Super grains and fiesta bean)

Non GMO gluten cholestrol free no artifical flavors colors or preservatives certified kosher vegan made in nut free facility made in the USA!

yummy and salty!
5 oz bag for less than $4.00

Dippinchips.com

[Edited 2/7/2015 9:55:02 PM ]

2/7/2015 9:59:02 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

inventtis2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,523)
South Haven, MI
36, joined Nov. 2012

Plant a garden and do it yourself, then can the abundance for later.

2/7/2015 10:50:59 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
numbersor_only
Austin, TX
55, joined Nov. 2014

Average people don't need food that is produced in a way that does not ruin the planet. Just a thought. Above average is only 49% of the population.

2/7/2015 10:53:20 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,880)
Richmond, VA
37, joined May. 2014

Grow pot in your basement. Hydroponics can be used on vegetables also.

2/7/2015 11:02:42 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

halo_000
Stinnett, KY
41, joined May. 2014

I've been buying more organic food as well, and it is a bit pricey but worth the money.

2/8/2015 7:36:13 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

testsignup
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,126)
Springfield, VA
61, joined Sep. 2009
online now!

If you ponder it a bit, miss kemia, you can gain insight into the way that existence is shaped by economic policy decisions, and even more so by what chances to be labeled as monetarily valuable.

And how spending lots of extra money and effort on something often results in making it much less expensive per piece, of course.

In other words, it's not that organic food costs so much more, it's that the other stuff costs so much less.

2/8/2015 2:01:00 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

orz
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,793)
Portage, WI
65, joined Jul. 2010

The label organic is a crock. In order to be truly so, the land must have been chemical free for a certain period. They must not use any mfg fertilizers or sprays. Now, natural fertilizers can be compost. Or to save time and labor in order to do large gardens or fields, they can use manure. Giving vegetables the risk of carrying e coli and worm eggs. The standards to use the label are very lax. Much of what is labeled organic does not meet this criteria and is over priced bull. Since even the seeds must be heritage seeds with no hybridization it is not feasible for true organic. And organic chicken must be free range and fed non hybrid feed. The only way to guarantee safe, quality food is to grow or raise it yourself. And to use heritage seed. And in the end the only way to stay healthy in todays world is to not eat the food, drink the water nor breathe the air!

2/8/2015 2:42:10 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

halo_000
Stinnett, KY
41, joined May. 2014

Quote from orz:
The label organic is a crock. In order to be truly so, the land must have been chemical free for a certain period. They must not use any mfg fertilizers or sprays. Now, natural fertilizers can be compost. Or to save time and labor in order to do large gardens or fields, they can use manure. Giving vegetables the risk of carrying e coli and worm eggs. The standards to use the label are very lax. Much of what is labeled organic does not meet this criteria and is over priced bull. Since even the seeds must be heritage seeds with no hybridization it is not feasible for true organic. And organic chicken must be free range and fed non hybrid feed. The only way to guarantee safe, quality food is to grow or raise it yourself. And to use heritage seed. And in the end the only way to stay healthy in todays world is to not eat the food, drink the water nor breathe the air!

You mean some organic foods, may have worm eggs in them? If so I am NEVER buying organic foods ever again. I will take my chances with the pesticides and chemical sprays!

2/8/2015 8:30:09 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

miss_kemia
Over 1,000 Posts (1,892)
Lynchburg, VA
34, joined Oct. 2013

But I am sketchy though, why was this big apple at the "Fresh Market" HUGE and way overpriced?

I mean really....and there are other things too that kinda wig me out at the Natural food stores at times b/c I don't know...some of the ideas are just...idk.

Witch Hazel for 12 dollars? I mean I can see 6 or 7 dollars but not 12...wtf.

2/8/2015 8:47:43 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
sarahgoldsmith
Over 2,000 Posts (3,819)
Stamford, CT
44, joined Jan. 2014

There are no guide lines for any company to call their food organic in the USA. So I wouldn't trust anything that claimed to be organic.

You should know there are no guide lines for anything in this country to be called organic. Even though they charge more for the food they called organic. The government haven't gotten involved to create guide lines for organic food yet, so I don't trust claims of anything to has an organic label on it. Right now it's just an excuse to charge people more money.

2/9/2015 11:06:27 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

orz
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,793)
Portage, WI
65, joined Jul. 2010

It is known in the market that there is a percentage of insects allowed in canned tomatos. I believe sushi is not allowed to be totally raw in the US due to the worm eggs that may be found in a fishes flesh. I have an apple tree that grew by itself. It was thought to be a combo of a Mac and some other. I never do a thing to it. I have another wild tree that is small like a crab and very tasty. One grows by the barnyard and the other the other drive. Neither area has had chemicals on them for decades and more. These are true organic apples. They are gnarly, scabby and get drilled by insects. They have no shelf life to speak of. Both are great to eat for taste. And require biting around the spots and hoping to not find a lava inside to eat around. Now..do you think anyone would buy those in a store? I have free range chickens that are the descendents of ferals I got from a neighbor. They eat a ton of bugs, and manure from the herd. They go down to the river and eat a rotten fish or catch frogs. They also are super mousers. They range is size with no conformity. One hen is a walking bowling ball and weighs probably 6 pounds. Many are thin and boney. Now if one was in a store, who would buy a scrawny chicken. Even if it is super tasty and fully organic? If you wish true organic, look for foods that look horrid or sub-par. If not, there have been compromises to produce acceptable...and there is the open end of what is allowed and not.
I can sell you an organic rooster. Or I can sell you a cross I bought as a chick. It is a hybred for size and had to be fed commercial feed to allow it to reach it's size. And then I switch to corn. A hybridized corn plant. It also was free range. Save your money on organic.

2/9/2015 11:23:30 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
wildheart51
Over 2,000 Posts (2,066)
Sunset, SC
95, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from miss_kemia:
But I am sketchy though, why was this big apple at the "Fresh Market" HUGE and way overpriced?

I mean really....and there are other things too that kinda wig me out at the Natural food stores at times b/c I don't know...some of the ideas are just...idk.

Witch Hazel for 12 dollars? I mean I can see 6 or 7 dollars but not 12...wtf.

The Dollar Store has witch hazel for $1 all day, every day!

I won't go into Whole Foods or Fresh Market. Those stores are outrageous and I have never really found that it is any better. I've heard that Whole Foods is run by Monsanto.

Trader Joes I like, and we have a local butcher store I shop for meats. When it comes to fish, I only buy fresh caught fresh frozen, I will not purchase farm raised for anything.

And for veggies- local produce stand, or grow my own. It's not that hard. This year I'm starting a patio garden. And if I do figure out that I'll be here next year- I will be raising my own chickens. My goal is eventually have my own property off the grid and to be totally self sustaining.

2/9/2015 11:27:30 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
wildheart51
Over 2,000 Posts (2,066)
Sunset, SC
95, joined Dec. 2014

Oh and as far as those expensive chips go- there are hundreds of 'make your own' on Pinterest. The kale ones are not bad.

As with anything, it's preparation and the time devoted to do it yourself. I even make my own soaps, lotions and body sprays. I will not buy expensive products with all those ingredients with names I cannot pronounce.

2/9/2015 11:46:16 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
sagepopper72
Over 1,000 Posts (1,569)
Globe, AZ
42, joined Aug. 2014

The closest Whole Foods to me is over an hour and a half away in Chandler. I've been there a few times on my way back from Phoenix. They are super expensive! I usually buy my veggies from the farmer's market when available but grow a few tomatoes and bell peppers in hanging baskets on my back porch. They taste so much better those commercially grown.

2/9/2015 12:51:48 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

oppsiidazi
Orr, MN
45, joined Oct. 2014

OMy Bjesus... yes they stinking are!! I pay 9$ for 4 dang apples!!!

2/9/2015 2:11:04 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
sagepopper72
Over 1,000 Posts (1,569)
Globe, AZ
42, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from orz:

Yes, it's a big crock! It's just a gimmick for the most part. Logic would dictate it's cheaper to not spray chemicals or use steroids; so why jack the price up? Unless they have to pay a bazillion migrant workers to hand pick all the bugs off the produce and keep the flies fanned away...(yeah right ) Cow and chicken manure, which is what we used in our gardens growing up is way less expensive than what they use for the produce commercially grown for Walley World or anywhere else.
As far as "free range" chickens; same logic applies! Would be cheaper to leave out the steroids and hormones from the feed or the doses of chemicals added to the water. We had chickens growing up in Florida and aside from the occasion ground oyster shells, they ate mostly table scraps or the cheapest chicken feed.

2/9/2015 3:02:41 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
whydo
Hartford, CT
38, joined Oct. 2013

I can understand. I only want cage free marked eggs but they are three dollars more than a regular dozen! I opted this time to buy the regular but it makes me morally sick.

2/9/2015 3:12:55 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,880)
Richmond, VA
37, joined May. 2014

Free range Veal is really good.

2/9/2015 3:44:00 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
lookin4him2012
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,767)
Boone, NC
46, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from miss_kemia:
I want to eat organic foods more but dang, I have an issue paying 4.50 for Beanito chips...
smh.

Fresh Market had huge steroid apples for 4.50 each.

wtf.

I usually purchase mine at Whole Foods or a local co-op but if you go to your regular grocer you should be able to get organic at a pretty fair price. It will be more but nothing like the natural foods stores will charge you. IMO it's worth it in the end to be broke over years of living better and feeling better than to live feeling like crap every day from the foods you eat.

2/9/2015 4:35:46 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

jrocklove5
Palatine, IL
27, joined Sep. 2014

Quote from halo_000:
I've been buying more organic food as well, and it is a bit pricey but worth the money.
you pay for what you get eating healthy cost more I try to eat healthy but sometimes those late nights but organic food is the way to go

2/9/2015 4:43:38 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

norwegianwood64
Over 2,000 Posts (3,874)
Huntsville, AL
51, joined Jul. 2014
online now!

Its always women who spend $100 a week on starbucks and booze that b*tch about the price of something good for them.

2/9/2015 4:45:14 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

bradthecowboy
Hampshire, IL
19, joined Apr. 2014

Just grow the stuff you want, yourself.

2/9/2015 7:29:13 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

DoofusExtremus
San Antonio, TX
45, joined Jan. 2015

We have (or sometimes have depending on season) 5 fruit trees,three avocado trees (fruit/avocado not all producing yet), way too many sweet and hot pepper plants, onions, tomatoes, mint, several types of basil, rosemary, etc., etc....

and have also had chickens for eggs ~ : >

-and the yard isn't extremely large.

[Edited 2/9/2015 7:30:03 PM ]

2/9/2015 7:50:24 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

my2sunshine
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,300)
Pulaski, NY
48, joined Apr. 2013

Organic growers still use pesticides. They are 'natural' not synthetic pesticides.

Half of the synthetic pesticides are carcinogenic ....and guess what? Half of the 'natural' pesticides are carcinogenic! The difference in these two ways of farming is natural pesticides are not as useful in deterring pests so farmers use a lot more pesticides! You get triple the pesticides or more!

Keep paying for labels that you do not understand. Maybe it is time all you organic lovers educate yourself...then you will realize the only option you have is to grow it yourself.

2/9/2015 9:15:42 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

miss_kemia
Over 1,000 Posts (1,892)
Lynchburg, VA
34, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from norwegianwood64:
Its always women who spend $100 a week on starbucks and booze that b*tch about the price of something good for them.

gee, if I had 100 dollars a week to spend on Starbucks then I guess I would be feeling a bit better too...

Fact is...I am just looking for better deals on better foods. And question: If the fast food market would GRILL chicken nuggets, it would be great for Happy Meals. Will they do it?

2/9/2015 9:19:10 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

jason_in_tx
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,721)
Bryan, TX
31, joined Apr. 2013
online now!

Quote from miss_kemia:
gee, if I had 100 dollars a week to spend on Starbucks then I guess I would be feeling a bit better too...

Fact is...I am just looking for better deals on better foods. And question: If the fast food market would GRILL chicken nuggets, it would be great for Happy Meals. Will they do it?

McDonalds doesn't give a shit about people, so I doubt it.

2/9/2015 11:13:39 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
driver406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,132)
Saint Paul, MN
63, joined Oct. 2009
online now!

Just give up the junk food, pop, chips and exercise more and you'll lose weight. I think this organic thing is just a fad. We buy the same brands we've bought for decades and lived to tell the tale. Of course, I'm not saying it's a fascinating tale.

2/9/2015 11:15:12 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  
sanchenuss
Over 1,000 Posts (1,612)
Waterloo, SC
32, joined Jan. 2013

how organic is organic? but anyways, if everyone stopped buying non organic food, the prices would drop on the organic food.

[Edited 2/9/2015 11:16:08 PM ]

2/10/2015 6:32:14 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

tc_spurs
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,144)
Little Rock, AR
48, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from inventtis2:
Plant a garden and do it yourself, then can the abundance for later.

This is the best option.

2/10/2015 9:42:30 AM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

DoofusExtremus
San Antonio, TX
45, joined Jan. 2015

worms are food, too -just don't look too closely at your no-pesticide apple while eating it

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple? Finding half a worm.

2/15/2015 11:03:48 PM Organic Foods, overpriced for the average person?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,880)
Richmond, VA
37, joined May. 2014

Pesticides came about after the first world war. Some brainy petrochemical money maker said, "Hey, that mustard gas worked great on people, maybe we could dilute it down and spray it on our crops to deal with pests." . - Woody Harrelson