Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames chat

Finding out about what the other individual is seeking for is, maybe, the most critical info we can get when trying to obtain the right match. southern maryland singles Our mobile with no rooms are capable of adjusting around your mobile greatest devices and tablets. You can turn she back she Online once again at any time or set it to Away . listcrawler rochester It has challenges, but it s still a reduce above a lot of others.

megapersonaks

By providing them your quantity, it shows them you re prepared to include things like them in your real life, and possibly even begin setting up a date. senior dating in san antonio texas The MilFinder website has a stylish design and modern day peculiarities. For a ladies it s straightforward to obtain attraction from mens. las vegas doublelist It was the very first official date following my divorce.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/11/2015 4:55:02 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,663)
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

WASHINGTON DC – USA – Scientists at the Institute of Historical Research have finally released their findings after five years of dedicated research.

The scientists, headed by Doctor Julius Sanreso, welcomed the research findings and said that it would be in the interests of those who believe in such nonsense as organised religion or creationism to accept the fact that religious books were written by men as a control system.

“Just think for one second, if ‘God’ or a ‘messenger of God’ had written that particular religious book/bible, how come the writings only occur within a very limited period in human history? Also, consider the fact, that a human writing on a piece of paper, or a few pieces of paper, is not the word of ‘God’. If they were really written by a universal God or entity, the books would not be limited to some pre-medievel costume drama but would encompass all universality, history, the future and science. Language is something created by man, not an all-seeing, all encompassing entity. God would presumably be universal and timeless as well as all-knowing, as is the universe, therefore these man-written books and scriptures, are just that, man-written linguistically created nonsense used to control men and women thousands of years ago. Why would ‘God’ write anything anyway? One must consider the fact that, even now, there are religious zealots and ordinary people still entrenched in a control belief system that is so far removed from reality that it borders on madness. There is no rational or scientific way that organised religions can have a modicum of truth or factual reality because of the very reason that these books are entombed in the time that they were written. These books should therefore simply be viewed as limited parables and historical fiction, as well as a lesson in how millions of people can be so easily controlled.”

The research paper also came to the conclusion that reward/punishment religions, as control systems, were losing their grip on most of the population of the world and only a few die-hard fanatics and delusional maniacs were carrying on with the flame of idiocy.

“The game is up for all religions, how long can this sham carry on, with their ridiculous outdated ceremonies? The priests are deceivers, and they need to come up with some pretty radical solutions to their thousand year old magic trick. People aren’t as dumb or easily swayed as they used to be thousands of years ago, they actually have reasoning powers and can see through the utter nonsense of organised control systems like religion.”

The problem for the world’s political leaders, is that slowly, humans who were controlled for so many years by fictitious writings, may suddenly lose their controlled ‘faith’. This could be quite dangerous, because it would mean that these people would suddenly wake up and realise that they have been fooled for so long by being communally hypnotised.

“We must ensure that the people who have been fooled for so long by fictitious belief systems utilised to control humans do not get too angry when they realise that what they believe in is nonsense written by humans utilising human created language. This could be dangerous for society, so we must either let them carry on believing their fiction or try to somehow support them when they realise the truth,” Dr Sanreso said.

The research paper will be published in its entirety in 2015.

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/sci_tech/3102-scientists-prove-that-all-religious-books-are-man-made-nonsense.html

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/11/2015 6:48:06 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

That's quite good, asanb. Maybe he goes a bit too far, but not much.

Quote from asanb:
WASHINGTON DC – USA – Scientists at the Institute of Historical Research have finally released their findings after five years of dedicated research.

The scientists, headed by Doctor Julius Sanreso, welcomed the research findings and said that it would be in the interests of those who believe in such nonsense as organised religion or creationism to accept the fact that religious books were written by men as a control system.

“Just think for one second, if ‘God’ or a ‘messenger of God’ had written that particular religious book/bible, how come the writings only occur within a very limited period in human history? Also, consider the fact, that a human writing on a piece of paper, or a few pieces of paper, is not the word of ‘God’. If they were really written by a universal God or entity, the books would not be limited to some pre-medievel costume drama but would encompass all universality, history, the future and science. Language is something created by man, not an all-seeing, all encompassing entity. God would presumably be universal and timeless as well as all-knowing, as is the universe, therefore these man-written books and scriptures, are just that, man-written linguistically created nonsense used to control men and women thousands of years ago. Why would ‘God’ write anything anyway? One must consider the fact that, even now, there are religious zealots and ordinary people still entrenched in a control belief system that is so far removed from reality that it borders on madness. There is no rational or scientific way that organised religions can have a modicum of truth or factual reality because of the very reason that these books are entombed in the time that they were written. These books should therefore simply be viewed as limited parables and historical fiction, as well as a lesson in how millions of people can be so easily controlled.”

The research paper also came to the conclusion that reward/punishment religions, as control systems, were losing their grip on most of the population of the world and only a few die-hard fanatics and delusional maniacs were carrying on with the flame of idiocy.

“The game is up for all religions, how long can this sham carry on, with their ridiculous outdated ceremonies? The priests are deceivers, and they need to come up with some pretty radical solutions to their thousand year old magic trick. People aren’t as dumb or easily swayed as they used to be thousands of years ago, they actually have reasoning powers and can see through the utter nonsense of organised control systems like religion.”

The problem for the world’s political leaders, is that slowly, humans who were controlled for so many years by fictitious writings, may suddenly lose their controlled ‘faith’. This could be quite dangerous, because it would mean that these people would suddenly wake up and realise that they have been fooled for so long by being communally hypnotised.

“We must ensure that the people who have been fooled for so long by fictitious belief systems utilised to control humans do not get too angry when they realise that what they believe in is nonsense written by humans utilising human created language. This could be dangerous for society, so we must either let them carry on believing their fiction or try to somehow support them when they realise the truth,” Dr Sanreso said.

The research paper will be published in its entirety in 2015.

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/sci_tech/3102-scientists-prove-that-all-religious-books-are-man-made-nonsense.html

4/12/2015 8:24:42 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,921)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from asanb:

...and did they needed five years to discover what every intelligent person always knew?

4/12/2015 8:51:03 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from duchessa:
...and did they needed five years to discover what every intelligent person always knew?

It should read "did they need"

4/12/2015 9:05:28 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Religions spring up in the wake of great saints and prophets in an attempt to somehow extend their lives beyond a lifespan, and mostly by those who would usurp their mantle by claiming to represent them.
It would be far better if humanity could learn to venerate the living as they live instead of clinging to dead books and rituals from years past. The world has always had great teachers who are ignored or persecuted in deference to, or in the name of dead creeds and dogmas.

4/12/2015 10:08:18 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

nick1s2d3f
Shawano, WI
37, joined Jun. 2014

I'm one to believe in god to the most extreme utmost extent that I myself believes I can, but-even though im a catholic who goes to daily mass- my belief in the bible as the unilateral word from my diety, isnt as unbreakable of a mental foundation. So this research defininely sparks my interest. When everything is said and done though, if the bible or any other holy book is disproven, -due to the ultimate inlination for the the human race to demand the existence of politics-inevidably, there will always spring up another form of literature to take its place, for people to use as their way to say what is and has been actually is.what's is and has been. Never-the-less the research is intriguing and deserves noteworthiness.

4/12/2015 10:24:46 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from asanb:
Religions spring up in the wake of great saints and prophets in an attempt to somehow extend their lives beyond a lifespan, and mostly by those who would usurp their mantle by claiming to represent them.
It would be far better if humanity could learn to venerate the living as they live instead of clinging to dead books and rituals from years past. The world has always had great teachers who are ignored or persecuted in deference to, or in the name of dead creeds and dogmas.

4/13/2015 1:28:32 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,819)
York, PA
54, joined Jun. 2009

I cant argue with do unto others , or love thy neighbor , its all the detours that make me livid .

4/13/2015 1:35:02 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,819)
York, PA
54, joined Jun. 2009

Its all completely intentional , to make people follow one group , and not another .

Its totally dastardly .

4/13/2015 2:30:55 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,100)
Waldron, AR
70, joined Jul. 2014
online now!

Quote from nonstandard:
I cant argue with do unto others , or love thy neighbor , its all the detours that make me livid .

Its all completely intentional , to make people follow one group , and not another .

Its totally dastardly .

4/13/2015 8:03:24 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

To me, the real absurdity is the deceptive aversion; what is real and available to anyone by virtue of the fact that they are human is subverted by clerics. "My book is the only truth and it shows the Way" is the deception, postponing and distracting a sincere seeker from discovering the simple truth of their own inherent divinity and connectivity.
If a book inspires a person to look for self knowledge then it's beneficial. The way that most are presented leads to stupid intellectual arguments, ego and fossilized spirituality.

4/13/2015 10:55:21 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
To me, the real absurdity is the deceptive aversion; what is real and available to anyone by virtue of the fact that they are human is subverted by clerics. "My book is the only truth and it shows the Way" is the deception, postponing and distracting a sincere seeker from discovering the simple truth of their own inherent divinity and connectivity.
If a book inspires a person to look for self knowledge then it's beneficial. The way that most are presented leads to stupid intellectual arguments, ego and fossilized spirituality.

Well, from previous reveals we know that you have a disdain for books and a penchant for spiritual navel gazing.

I would restate your last statement to: If a book inspires a person to look for opportunities to serve their fellow man then it's beneficial.

Sitting around in the lotus position looking for "self knowledge" is a waste of time as far as humanity is concerned. It's a selfish endeavor.

4/14/2015 7:42:56 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
Well, from previous reveals we know that you have a disdain for books and a penchant for spiritual navel gazing.

I would restate your last statement to: If a book inspires a person to look for opportunities to serve their fellow man then it's beneficial.

Sitting around in the lotus position looking for "self knowledge" is a waste of time as far as humanity is concerned. It's a selfish endeavor.

Meditation, self knowledge, and inversion is the ONLY valid path to making an inner revelation of one's own divinity. Outer study of books and scripture are food for the mind, and offer no substitute for the attention in redirecting an aspirant away from the sensual life. The inner path is true knowledge by virtue of the fact that it is experiential, Not man made pages of conjecture and prognostications that are only echos of the teachings of the saints and sages. The book that contains the living path to the living god is the living human body.

"seek ye the kingdom of God"
"The kingdom of God is within you"
J.C.

I find it far less logical to "believe" in salvation and blithely wait for death to see if it's true

4/14/2015 7:46:38 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,571)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from nonstandard:

Its totally dastardly .

I agree!

Peace

4/14/2015 10:42:17 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,772)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I'm enjoying this thread.

4/14/2015 1:26:35 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
Meditation, self knowledge, and inversion is the ONLY valid path to making an inner revelation of one's own divinity. Outer study of books and scripture are food for the mind, and offer no substitute for the attention in redirecting an aspirant away from the sensual life. The inner path is true knowledge by virtue of the fact that it is experiential, Not man made pages of conjecture and prognostications that are only echos of the teachings of the saints and sages. The book that contains the living path to the living god is the living human body.

"seek ye the kingdom of God"
"The kingdom of God is within you"
J.C.

I find it far less logical to "believe" in salvation and blithely wait for death to see if it's true

I know I have said this before, but you're an ignorant man, asanb, waxing eloquent about things you know little or nothing about. You have no idea what Jesus meant when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you." You can stop right now wasting your time in spiritual navel gazing looking for the kingdom of God within you. You ain't going to find it that way, and no, that's not the only valid path. And what does your last sentence have to do with anything? You're all over the map.

[Edited 4/14/2015 1:28:17 PM ]

4/14/2015 2:25:43 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Well, so much for that, I see a down hill slide to the chart now

4/14/2015 4:36:47 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from rufftreasure:
Well, so much for that, I see a down hill slide to the chart now

What chart?

Eastern religions have a lot of things to contribute, but spiritual navel gazing isn't one of them. Do they grow anything? Make anything? Do anything? Who in the hell supports all these bums, gurus, monks, nuns, hermits, etc., who sit around all day contemplating their subconscious? They're a drag on society. But I guess that's why they have "begging bowls." What a way to make a living. They should beg for some shoes. What if they had real jobs? Seriously, what do these people do all day? I wonder if any of them are homosexually inclined. There's an awful lot of testosterone there and I don't see any girls around. What's the difference between the yellow robed guys and the orange robed guys? The orange ones look to be younger. And the dark red ones look to be children. Apparently, for asanb, this is the ONLY valid path. And no stinking books. Just gurus.

4/14/2015 4:53:19 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,726)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

I think asanb's ideas on what Jesus meant by "the kingdom of God" are as valid as anyone else's, and it should be possible to disagree with him without all the dissing. My own opinion is that Jesus envisaged God intervening in human history and imposing direct rule of the Earth from heaven, as per that line in the Lord's Prayer that goes, "Thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven". The line about "The kingdom of heaven is within you" does lend itself to an interpretation that the kingdom is an inner existential state of mind though. It's all debatable.

It's also almost certain that Jesus didn't say certain things that appear in the Gospels, and they were invented by the evangelists, which further enlarges the scope for personal interpretation.

[Edited 4/14/2015 4:56:37 PM ]

4/14/2015 5:34:44 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"A Mohammedan Saint says: Whom you worship, Whom you are alter, He resides in you and you are seeking Him elsewhere, in the outer things; how will you find Him? That is what the scriptures and all the Saints tell us.
The body is the true temple of God, wherein God resides. How can we worship Him? The scriptures tell us: God is spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
The elementary steps that we have in all the religions begin with the body. These lead or pave the road to true spirituality, and are helping factors. They are means to the end; they help us, just like a nurse helps in bringing up a child. We have to make the best use of them, and, with due deference to all the social religions and their immense importance to man's social life, we must go beyond them. It is a blessing to be born in a temple but not necessarily to die in one.
I told you earlier that we in the twentieth century are fortunate in possessing the records of the spiritual experience of all the Masters who came in the past. We are fortunate that we have all these words of wisdom, the invaluable records of their teachings, of the experiences they had with themselves and with God. Had we lived before those Masters came, we would have been without them. The only thing that now remains is that we have to view these scriptures in their right perspective; and to begin with we have to learn the terminology of the scriptures. If you read the scriptures under the guidance of one who has had no experience with the Light within, who has not known God as a first-hand experience, it becomes almost impossible to understand the otherwise simple and accessible truths taught by the Masters.
In Revelation it is said: Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he dwelleth with them.
Some people will ask: "Where should we find God?" For that purpose, we shall have to look within our own self, which, the seers say, is the true temple of God. We have to make the best use of the scriptures and of the places of worship. We must understand the true import of the scriptures we have, but we cannot do so until we sit at the feet of one who has himself experienced what they describe and is capable of giving us that experience. Only a true Master is competent to give us all that.
What do the scriptures say? Again they speak of the true home of our Father and pray--Thy Kingdom come. I am not going to give you examples from all the scriptures; I have simply laid before you the gist of what they say within the short time I have at my disposal in order to bring home to you the truth as it is given in them.
What do we find in our Bible? The Kingdom of God cometh not by observation. The Kingdom of God is within you. If we have to enter the Kingdom of God, we have to enter the Kingdom of God within us and not go outside in search of it. Other scriptures say:

The Word is beyond all physical perception and limitations.
The Word, the source of all blessings, dwells within the human frame.
If you ascend within, then alone you will experience the Word."

Kirpal Singh
http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/kingdom.htm

This is what real meditation is about, not robes or rituals, or begging bowls.

And the Highest Chakra is the Tisra Til, the third eye, where our awareness lives while we are awake.

4/14/2015 5:52:32 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

@Furch: There are far more practitioners of meditation than the Buddhists. Some are among the people you know around you from day to day. They have jobs, they have families, and have to struggle with life just as everyone else does. What you know of meditation seems to be quite limited.
At the core of most religions are spiritual orders- Christ's disciples were meditators, there are Sufis, Gnostics, Buddhists, and also the long line of Rhadasoami and Sant Mat practitioners. There are even modern Day christian mystics. And don't forget the modern transcendentalists.
It is an error to point at one single group and say "this is what Meditation is".

4/14/2015 6:22:28 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from clarence2:
I think asanb's ideas on what Jesus meant by "the kingdom of God" are as valid as anyone else's, and it should be possible to disagree with him without all the dissing. My own opinion is that Jesus envisaged God intervening in human history and imposing direct rule of the Earth from heaven, as per that line in the Lord's Prayer that goes, "Thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven". The line about "The kingdom of heaven is within you" does lend itself to an interpretation that the kingdom is an inner existential state of mind though. It's all debatable.

It's also almost certain that Jesus didn't say certain things that appear in the Gospels, and they were invented by the evangelists, which further enlarges the scope for personal interpretation.

Picking back up again

4/14/2015 6:23:44 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from asanb:
@Furch: There are far more practitioners of meditation than the Buddhists. Some are among the people you know around you from day to day. They have jobs, they have families, and have to struggle with life just as everyone else does. What you know of meditation seems to be quite limited.
At the core of most religions are spiritual orders- Christ's disciples were meditators, there are Sufis, Gnostics, Buddhists, and also the long line of Rhadasoami and Sant Mat practitioners. There are even modern Day christian mystics. And don't forget the modern transcendentalists.
It is an error to point at one single group and say "this is what Meditation is".

I agree here too.

4/14/2015 7:24:51 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence2:

How far along in The Urantia Book are you now? Have you read Papers 107-112?

I'm not saying asanb's ideas are not as valid as anyone else's uninformed ideas. I'm just saying they're wrong. If someone says the sun goes around the earth, would you tell them their ideas are just as valid as anyone's? Or would you tell them they are ignorant and wrong? Sometimes there's no way to say these things without seeming to be dissing. Yes, "The kingdom of heaven is within you" does lend itself to interpretation. Christians simply interpret it away and say Jesus didn't mean "within," that he meant among or amidst or around you, or nearby, etc. They just blow it off completely. They're wrong too. And asanb, with his guru spiritual navel gazing paradigm can't get any farther with it than he does because he doesn't know more than he does. But I do.

4/14/2015 7:29:25 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:

I never said anything about what meditation is. Do you have a begging bowl?

4/14/2015 7:34:30 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
I never said anything about what meditation is. Do you have a begging bowl?

Navel Gazing?

4/14/2015 7:36:25 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
There are even modern Day christian mystics.

I'm posting some pictures of some modern day Christian mystics below:

Some Christian Mystics:

Marie Rose Ferron

Alexandrina da Costa

Marthe Robin

Marthe Robin

Magdalena Gornik

Marie Julie Jahenny

THERESE NEUMANN

Anna Maria Taigi

Anna Katarina Emmerich

4/14/2015 7:45:43 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

And as you know, Clarence, "ignorant" is not necessarily dissing. It just means he doesn't know much.

4/14/2015 7:51:39 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"Awake, 0 beloved, why are you sleeping? The night has gone, but why lose the day also?" The Vedas say, "Awake, arise, and stop not until the goal is reached." Do not even take a breath until you have reached your goal! In the Gospel of Matthew it says, "Enter ye in at the strait gate...." That gate, through which we enter the Beyond, is very narrow, but: ..."wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Those who do not find that gate remain in darkness. Through all the nine doors of the body - eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth, and two below - we are going into dispersion, disseminating our attention in all directions instead of centralizing it. There is but one road, and it is very, very narrow; and that way is the tenth way which is apart from all nine doors: a gate which is situated behind the eyes. Upon entering this gate, the soul is awakened into a new world. This is the meaning of the strait gate.

The Path of the Masters is a narrow Inner Path, which many may try to approach, but few actually enter therein. Scriptures say the same thing in slightly different phrasing. St. Luke entreated, "Strive to enter in at the strait gate; for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." Guru Nanak said, "Man is blind; he cannot find the way up." He also said, "Close the nine doors, for in the tenth the true abode is realized; There the Unstruck Sound rings day and night, and the words of the Guru's teaching are heard."

How can we withdraw our attention from all the nine open doors? He says that we should close them; so if, for instance, you close your eyes, you will shut out the entry of outer impressions. All senses remain below the eye-level; so center your attention there, and "Enter into the foxhole of the brain," from whence the soul rises after withdrawing from all other parts of the body and centering at that point. If you have ever witnessed anyone's death, you will remember that the dying person does not hear if he is spoken to - his eyes may be open, but he does not see anyone. This is because his attention is withdrawn. There is a rattling sound, and the eyes turn upward as the final withdrawal takes place. The Path of which the Masters speak starts at this very point. "Knock, and it shall be opened unto you." The Masters give hints and indications.

Christ advised that one should take up the cross and die daily. This is the cross (the body with arms spread wide); and to die daily means to go up, rise above the body, ascend daily. There are two definite paths, outer and inner; but we have no knowledge of the inner one. The Masters come specially to give us that knowledge, but They are accused and derided. Christ said: "It is better for thee to enter into the Kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." What does this mean? It means that there is another eye situated behind the two physical eyes, and at this point lies the practical way into the Beyond."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/strait.htm

You Know?

4/14/2015 7:58:16 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

@asanb

This is very good, thanks for posting it!!

4/14/2015 8:14:28 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"It is a matter of seeing. How much ability or intellectual attainment is required for that? Even a child sees. How simple it is and how difficult we have made it, is it not so? And what is it that makes it difficult? Our intellect. Intellect is all right for understanding. I am not altogether denouncing the intellect. It is for the purpose of understanding. When you have understood, then do it. You may study for years to acquire understanding, but once you have understood and have seen proof for your own self, that there is Light, then why all this coming and going, receding and progressing? How much ability is required in seeing? Is any ability required? Is any Ph.D. degree or scientific degree required for that? Look. See. The child sees; is it not easy? Don't let your intellect stand in your way. Look sweetly into what comes. What is given to you --receive. And you will see the same thing about which the Scriptures have told you. You have by now received some experience of It, there is no doubt now. There's no doubt about it, you see. But I wish you to progress in days what would ordinarily take years. Put in your whole time. You are here for that purpose. Forget everything--past, future, here, there, relations, your body, even your intellect. Leave it all aside. How long does it take? You are to absorb your attention into Light or Sound. That's all. It is the yoga of the attention, you see. Surat Yoga, not Gyan Yoga, nor Hatha Yoga, nor Bhakti Yoga. It is Surat Yoga which even a child can do; I think a child can do even better. This is why when children are given a sitting, they see Light. They simply see. "All right, look." They look with no intellectual wrestling. This is what is required. Intellect is a good thing--again I will say--it is not to be denounced altogether. But it is only for understanding. When you have understood, then leave, leave it aside. Go do it. So this is, I think, the biggest problem we've got--intellectual wrestling. The man with intellectual attainments can explain the same things in so many ways. Intellectual attainments are like a garland of flowers around the neck of a practical man. But if he doesn't have any degrees, he'll explain from his own vocabulary using examples around him. Bulleh Shah went to his Guru who was a gardener, putting saplings here and there, and asked him how to find God. Oh, very simple; just take the saplings from here and put it there, that's all. Just as you are directing your attention from one side to another, that's all. He explained in a very simple way what a learned man would explain in so many books. After all, we have to do the same thing. So make the best use of your intellect. I do not denounce it, but when once you have understood, follow it. So feelings, emotions, and drawing inferences are all subject to error as I told you. Seeing is above all. It is a matter of seeing. How simple it is to look sweetly. I look sweetly. Eyes speak to eyes. That darkness will be thinned. You are Light. You will be absorbed in Light still more. You are already Light. You will become bigger Light."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/lok/absorb.htm

My teacher speaking to a group of initiates after a meditation session 1971.

4/14/2015 8:32:20 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

More on Christian meditation:

"To explain it another way, since God is formless and without distinctions, one has to master the state of emptiness (mental formlessness) in order to know God and become one with Him. The term "Father" in Christianity is simply the term Christianity uses for Tao, Buddha mind, Brahman or original nature. True Christian prayer is to abandon clinging to thoughts to cultivate a state of mental purity that is in perfect attunement or alignment with the divine nature whereas attaching to anything else, according to true Judeao-Christian-Islamic doctrine, is idolatry or enslavement by the finite. Everything else is a product of the small ego and a succumbing to the passions.

This is why you must detach from, or give away your thoughts to become wholly selfless to attain the Tao. Even if you have thoughts of God, those thoughts stand in the way of perfect union with God, or the Supreme state … the underlying nature. True prayer was the practice of internal silence so as to let one's soul lie in the "presence of God." True spiritual cultivation was to free oneself of his or her passions. Becoming completely purified of all passions and appetites, interiorly one would then reach the apex of the spiritual life and become "faultless and spotless and pure."

Of course, these are just the Christian ways to describe emptiness cultivation, as are the words "put yourself in the presence of God." The German churchman, Nicholas of Cusa, said one should "leave everything behind" when you want to approach God and even "transcend one's intellect" to go beyond sense and reason. Meister Eckhart and other Christian saints said similar things, such as to "practice inner silence." As to the absence of discriminative thought, or emptiness cultivation, Eckhart said,

If you wish to know God in a divine manner, then your knowing must become a pure unknowing, a forgetting of yourself and of all creatures. … You are never better placed than when you are in complete darkness and unknowing.

When you read Christian passages, such as the following cultivation path described by Henry Suso, you must always recognize that they refer to emptiness cultivation although the instructions are clothed in religious garb. Suso, for instance, said that he was forty years old when he started upon an "advanced school" of cultivation practice which was "complete and perfect detachment from oneself, so that a person becomes so utterly nothing … that he strives continually to be in a state of going away from his 'self,' … and he aims alone at God's praise and honor." John Cassian, one of the three great founders of Western mysticism, also wrote that "(the pure prayer of the faithful) centers on no contemplation of some image or other. It is masked by no attendant sounds or words." Nilus of the Eastern Church wrote that the mind in prayer must reach a state where it "dwells on things ineffable and knows not where it is," is "lifted above utterance," and "drawn unwittingly from all sensible things."

Once again, this is true Christian spiritual practice, prayer or "Christian meditation."

http://www.meditationexpert.com/comparative-religion/c_correct_practice_of_christian_meditation.htm#

4/15/2015 4:25:53 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  
lookn4mym8
Kansas City, MO
41, joined Mar. 2014

Yes, I totally agree that men wrote the religious books. However, the Bible is a very unique book in that it is a record of an ancient history that has proven to be true over and over by artifacts uncovered in archeological digs all over the middle east. It's the history of a small group of people who were chosen to take the great teachings (i.e. "torah" translated "law") of our Creator, and teach them to the world.

How do we know the teachings came from our Creator? Because the prophets who passed on these teachings, also passed on prophecies given by the same Creator which shows His involvement. For the prophecies of the Bible predicted amazing things that happened not just centuries, but thousands of years later; things that are still happening today, like the returning of the Jews to the land of Isreal. This event just happened in the last hundred years, but it was prophesied over two thousand years ago. Who but our Creator could have predicted such a thing. And this is only one of thousands of Biblical prophecies that have come true over time, which shows the Creator's involvement in what the Bible says.

The Bible is a very deep book that tells us a great many things, however, the Law of God it teaches (i.e. torah) can be summarized very simply according to Jesus. Jesus taught that all of God's Law may be summarized into two laws which are to: LOVE God with all our heart, soul, and mind; and LOVE our neighbors as ourselves. This is the essence of God's Law, which is the foundation of the Word He inspired men to write.

Now, I do agree that many people have misused the Bible and have corrupted the text in many places, primarily in the New Testament that is (I'm aware of several places this has happened). However, I still believe the Bible is the best guide we have for walking the way that our Creator wants. Don't follow what others say about the Word, read the Word yourself.
All you need is to learn to LOVE our Creator's way, and the Bible will show you how.

4/15/2015 5:59:32 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,726)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:
How far along in The Urantia Book are you now? Have you read Papers 107-112?

I've been taking a break from the UB and reading some other stuff, including:

How Jesus Became God - Bart Ehrman

From Jesus to Christ - Paula Fredriksen <~~ reading this one currently.

The Historical Figure of Jesus - E.P. Sanders

Religion Explained - Pascal Boyer

Why We Believe in Gods - J. Anderson Thomson Jr

In Gods We Trust - Scott Atran

I'm not saying asanb's ideas are not as valid as anyone else's uninformed ideas. I'm just saying they're wrong. If someone says the sun goes around the earth, would you tell them their ideas are just as valid as anyone's? Or would you tell them they are ignorant and wrong? Sometimes there's no way to say these things without seeming to be dissing. Yes, "The kingdom of heaven is within you" does lend itself to interpretation. Christians simply interpret it away and say Jesus didn't mean "within," that he meant among or amidst or around you, or nearby, etc. They just blow it off completely. They're wrong too. And asanb, with his guru spiritual navel gazing paradigm can't get any farther with it than he does because he doesn't know more than he does. But I do.

My understanding of the "kingdom of God" or "kingdom of heaven" idea is that it represents Jesus's vision of the new peaceful regime that would be established eternally on Earth when God shortly sends in the "Son of Man" figure to judge the wicked and save God's chosen people from their enemies. It's an idea that surfaces in the Hebrew Bible in the book of Daniel and has earlier roots in the classical biblical prophets, such as Isaiah, who envisaged the eventual establishment of an eternal Davidic kingdom in Israel, and all nations coming to worship the Jewish God. More bells and whistles were attached to the concept in the Hellenistic period, including the resurrection of the dead and eternal life for the chosen ones.

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

[Edited 4/15/2015 5:59:46 AM ]

4/15/2015 9:20:15 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

In the course of the many translation, mis-translations and editing of the bible, many additions and alterations have been made for the sake of creed and justifications of certain theology. This phrase " the kingdom of God" as used by Jesus in direct conversation with his disciples doesn't pertain to any of the addendum such as "original sin" or "Sacrificial Lamb' that were injected into the party line. Not understanding what it meant at all, and unsuitable to be bent to reinforce some addendum concept, it has been handed down intact from the earliest of the gospel writings-

"Readers of the King James Version will be familiar with the saying, “the kingdom of God is within you,” a literal rendering of the words ? ßas??e?a t?? ?e?? ??t?? ?µ?? ?st?? spoken by Christ in Luke 17:21. Several modern versions have instead “the kingdom of God is in the midst of you,” for theological reasons. The new rendering is used only because the translators think it is theologically impossible that Jesus would say that the Kingdom of God is “within” people. But there is no clear attestation for such a meaning as “among” or “in the midst” for the adverb ??t?? in any ancient Greek source. It is indisputable that “within” is the ordinary meaning, and the immediate context here also seems to favor this meaning."

http://www.bible-researcher.com/luke17.21.html

Some parts of the bible should never be taken literally as they are metaphorical stories meant to illustrate a concept. This is one small part of the bible that should be taken literally, as it is complete concert with multiple teachings from other spiritual practices of an inner path.
The institution of Christianity lost it's spiritual soul with the expulsion of the Gnostics, seekers of the god within, so this simple phrase goes on unrecognized and and misunderstood by orthodoxy.

4/15/2015 12:16:52 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Always great stuff to read in here.

Look inward to both know onself, then ultimately deity, as they are one, we are all one, some of us just don't know it yet.

4/15/2015 1:21:07 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from lookn4mym8:
Yes, I totally agree that men wrote the religious books. However, the Bible is a very unique book in that it is a record of an ancient history that has proven to be true over and over by artifacts uncovered in archeological digs all over the middle east. It's the history of a small group of people who were chosen to take the great teachings (i.e. "torah" translated "law") of our Creator, and teach them to the world.

How do we know the teachings came from our Creator? Because the prophets who passed on these teachings, also passed on prophecies given by the same Creator which shows His involvement. For the prophecies of the Bible predicted amazing things that happened not just centuries, but thousands of years later; things that are still happening today, like the returning of the Jews to the land of Isreal. This event just happened in the last hundred years, but it was prophesied over two thousand years ago. Who but our Creator could have predicted such a thing. And this is only one of thousands of Biblical prophecies that have come true over time, which shows the Creator's involvement in what the Bible says.

Analysis of the habit of applying Prophesy after the fact is logically flawed and inaccurate at best. A flimsy argument for the veracity of the bible.

The Bible is a very deep book that tells us a great many things, however, the Law of God it teaches (i.e. torah) can be summarized very simply according to Jesus. Jesus taught that all of God's Law may be summarized into two laws which are to: LOVE God with all our heart, soul, and mind; and LOVE our neighbors as ourselves. This is the essence of God's Law, which is the foundation of the Word He inspired men to write.

As many of these holy books were written in the wake of and influenced by a great teacher, there is value in the moral and social lessons that might be gleaned from the writings of these teacher's followers. To attribute them to be the literal words of the originator is perilous.

Now, I do agree that many people have misused the Bible and have corrupted the text in many places, primarily in the New Testament that is (I'm aware of several places this has happened). However, I still believe the Bible is the best guide we have for walking the way that our Creator wants. Don't follow what others say about the Word, read the Word yourself.
All you need is to learn to LOVE our Creator's way, and the Bible will show you how.

The best method for achieving that lofty goal is to sit at the feet of a living teacher, and experience Love firsthand.

4/15/2015 2:05:23 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

" The science of the Masters is an experimental science and, like any physical science, is capable of yielding results with mathematical accuracy. These results can very well be verified from the transformations that one can witness in the life of a man of sadhan (or one who practices spiritual discipline). It does not mean book-learning or accumulation of knowledge, but it means the coming into its own of the spirit, and its taking a new birth in cosmic awareness and rising into supramental or Super Consciousness. This realisation brings with it a blessed calmness and thereafter the immanence of God is always felt and the actual working of the Divine Will becomes manifest. Reason and intellect fail to comprehend the infinite Reality. Even after realisation, words but beggar one's attempt to describe the indescribable. This experimentation in Godhood can only be attempted and achieved in utter silence and stillness, both of the mind and the intellect, when like a revelation, His Light and Sound dawn upon the soul.
The knowledge of the world is far different from that of God. We are wholly engrossed in Apravidya and are totally ignorant of Paravidya (or knowledge of the Beyond). We make all possible efforts to rid ourselves of physical ailments, but have never even thought of the subtle maladies that afflict the inner self, or how low we are in the scale of human values, and how helplessly we drift along the current of life whether we wish it or not. We spend our entire life-span in eating, drinking and dozing, but care not a bit to know the substratum of the very life itself. Ever engaged as we are in the objective world, we cannot introvert and witness the glories of the world within.
A person who for seeing depends on his outer eyes, for hearing, on his ears, for talking, on his tongue, is in reality, not a living person but a dead one, a breathing bellows with no life in it. As God abides within, we must peep inside if we want to meet Him, to experience Him, and to have His blessings. God pervades everything in the form of Naam or Shabd, but we cannot hear His voice unless we turn away from the turmoil of the world and enter into the deep inner silence of the soul. As we go in and recede, we walk without feet, work without hands, see without eyes and hear without ears. Guru Nanak therefore said in this context: "There one sees, hears, walks, works and talks without outer physical organs, viz., eyes, ears, legs, hands and tongue, provided he learns to die while living. O Nanak, know His Will and meet the Beloved." (Majh War M.2). Gosain Tulsi Das in the Bal Kand of the Ramayana also affirmed the same thing.
To know God, one must first know himself. Self-knowledge is possible only with inversion, or turning the attention from outer pursuits and directing it within into the deep silence of the mind- technically called the Divine Ground, behind the center of the two eyebrows. It is then only that the spirit experiences Naam, the Over-spirit, or God-in-action, which is the summum bonum of all religious quests after the Great Unknown. Buddha asserts that it is possible to ascend to the greatest heights of Godhood only within ourselves. Schopenhauer, a great German philosopher, declared that the fountainhead of all peace and blessed calm can be experienced within oneself. Christ emphatically declared: "The kingdom of God is within you." In the Sikh Scriptures it is stated: "The precious waters of Immortality surge within one's very soul."
One can undertake this inward journey without leaving one's hearth and home, forsaking kith and kin, or abandoning one's calling and avocation in life. This grand pilgrimage of the soul can be performed in spite of worldly pursuits. All that is necessary is to get instruction from some living Master who holds the key to the Kingdom of God."

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/swii/swii-VIII.htm

It's a universal theme, not just an original Christian one.

4/16/2015 11:31:36 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (30,099)
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

When the various books of scripture were written, men did the , true. But these men were inspired by God, and for this reason the scriptures contain no errors of faith or morals,.although there are plenty of minor historical errors and other errors.

4/16/2015 12:14:20 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
When the various books of scripture were written, men did the , true. But these men were inspired by God, and for this reason the scriptures contain no errors of faith or morals,.although there are plenty of minor historical errors and other errors.

What the f_ck?

Peace

4/16/2015 2:30:01 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from clarence:
My understanding of the "kingdom of God" or "kingdom of heaven" idea is that it represents Jesus's vision of the new peaceful regime that would be established eternally on Earth when God shortly sends in the "Son of Man" figure to judge the wicked and save God's chosen people from their enemies.

I know. It's your understanding. And since you've paused in your TUBal reading, we'll have to wait until you resume for your understanding to be enlarged, unless I can advance it some here to tide you over until you get back to the book.

"The kingdom of God is within you" is directly related to these other verses in the bible:

2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." (Heb 11:5)

Christians are completely ignorant of these things as well. Nevertheless, they are sure that they know it all. But if you ask them about Enoch's "translation," what it was about, what caused it, and so on, they pretty much draw a blank, from what I have seen.

There is an actual pre-personal fragment of God within every normal human being from about the age of 5 on. Jesus revealed this when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you," and now The Urantia Book RE-reveals it since it was not understood from the first revealing and was essentially lost or plowed under (buried) by Christians because Christians believe they are an exclusive lot and don't like to think that God is actually in everyone including those who don't believe as they do like Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists, and everyone else. They strongly resist that idea. When you (or any human) align your will perfectly with God's will as Enoch and Elijah did, you FUSE with that pre-personal fragment of God within you and you are "translated" in a "chariot of [spiritual] flames" directly to the Mansion Worlds (which Jesus referred to as the "many mansions in my Father's house" (John 14:2)), bypassing normal mortal death. These "mansions" or Mansion Worlds are not exactly "heaven" but they have been perceived as such in human visions and literature. There are seven mansion worlds, the "seven heavens" in human literature. When you "fuse" with the pre-personal fragment of God, the "Father fragment" acquires personality and you acquire some measure of divinity. On advanced worlds these fusions and translations are a regular occurrence. Special facilities are made for these events for the convenience and protection of those who come to see their friends and loved ones leave in a "chariot of fire."

translate:
Function:verb

1 : to change from one place, state, or form to another
2 : to convey to heaven without death
3 : to turn into one's own or another language

#s 1 and 2 apply here.

4/16/2015 2:31:01 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Ludlow, could you please clarify what you are trying to say....

4/16/2015 2:33:04 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
Ludlow, could you please clarify what you are trying to say....

He's trying to say, in a blasphemous way, that verses like this one are inspired by God:

Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own shit, and drink their own piss with you? kjv

4/16/2015 2:35:14 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

""The kingdom of God is within you" is directly related to these other verses in the bible: "

I don't see any relationship of this statement to the passages you quote.
Enoch and Elija have no bearing on the statement.

4/16/2015 2:46:42 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Gee, this time took you longer than usual...to come up with one of your delusions.

4/16/2015 3:41:23 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"The path of religion is strewn with many impediments. All persons, including saints, are mortal, and after they leave the physical plane, their followers, in their blind enthusiasm, introduce and interpolate into their teachings things which they never uttered or, at least, they never meant. So-called philosophical treatises are so full of distortions and apparent conflict with each other that one feels as though lost in a wilderness. '

"It is a matter of common experience that people take pride in scrupulously following age-old customs and keeping up ancient traditions blindly, little knowing that out-of-date coins, however precious and of historical importance and archeological interest they may be, have to be melted in the red-hot furnace, minted afresh, before passing them as current coins for fresh circulation in the market. In the twentieth century, it is of paramount importance to prune off the unnecessary accretions that have, in course of time, gathered around the eternal spiritual truths. We should free them from the encrusted dust of ages that has settled on them, and present them afresh to the public in a positive and readily acceptable form as current coins of the time.

The present-day prejudices, internecine jealousies and narrow-minded bigotries that we see in the various religious bodies, were never intended by their founders. Such evils are purely of a later growth, due to extraneous influences of the zealous exponents, fierce commentators and controversialists, who twist and torture simple fundamental truths to suit their own ends and gain cheap peshwarship (leadership) that may bring them name, fame, pelf and power. The ancient wine of spirituality has, therefore, to be delved out from the old forgotten cellars and presented to tipplers in new bottles that may appeal to their imagination, so that they take it readily and willingly to quench their spiritual thirst, without any labels or brands."

Spirituality- What it Is, Kirpal Singh

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/swii/swii-VIII.htm

4/16/2015 10:03:10 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
""The kingdom of God is within you" is directly related to these other verses in the bible: "

I don't see any relationship of this statement to the passages you quote.
Enoch and Elija have no bearing on the statement.

Perhaps my post was truncated on your screen. I wrote quite a bit under the two bible passages that I quoted and I think that I explained the connection. Did you read any of that? I can try to explain it more if you weren't able to get it. Go back and look at it again and tell me what part was not understandable for you. Be specific please. Quote me.

4/17/2015 6:58:23 AM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

An analogy to your argument would be that if I look sideways at the sun, I could infer that it isn't a star, someone put a big flashlight in orbit.
The most likely meaning of a statement is that it simply means what it says, isn't it?
Scholars have looked at the earliest translations of this statement and found it to be accurate as written " the Kingdom of God is within you".
The other convincing factor is that many great saints and spiritual practices ( as is commented previously) say almost exactly the same thing, with adjustment for cultural differences.
why not accept the clear, simple, and most evident explanation?

" How few of us really comprehend and appreciate the inner significance of the words of Jesus. We are content only with the ethical side of his teachings, which of course was a necessary accompaniment to the spiritual. The ethical tenets have been widely propagated and have even been assiduously kept alive, for they mark a great advance indeed in the moral scales of human values since the days of Moses. But by themselves, they fail to account for declarations like those about the "Day of Judgment," or "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," or "God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." If such sayings were to be taken in their literal sense, it would be to reduce them to meaninglessness. The "Day of Judgment" has failed to come, in spite of the prophecy of its proximity, and either Christ was speaking in ignorance or we have failed to comprehend his real meaning. There is behind whatever he said always an inner meaning that is clear to those who have had the same mystic experiences, but baffle those who attempt to interpret it in terms of intellect or even intuition.
Not having direct inner perception (not to be confounded with philosophic speculation or intuitive insight), we attempt to interpret the significance of the teachings left to us in terms of our own limited experience. What was meant as a metaphor we take as literal, and the supersentient descriptions we reduce to metaphors. We easily forget that when Jesus said that he was "the light of the world," the "Son of God," and one who would not leave or forsake his disciples even unto the ends of the world, he spoke not in his mortal capacity, but like all other great Masters, as one who had merged with the Word and become one with It. Forgetting this, instead of following him on the spiritual path he showed, we think of him as a scapegoat for bearing our sins and as a means of evading the inner spiritual challenge. "

Kirpal Sing- The Crown of Life

4/17/2015 12:56:09 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (30,099)
Panama City, FL
64, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

If the Catholic religion were just another religion, just another human tradition, then following her teachings blindly and uncritically would indeed be folly. But the Catholic Church is the mystical body of Christ, the mystical bride of Christ, the institution founded by Jesus Himself to continue His works and His teachings. Century after century go by and her teachings do not change. Clinging to her teachings is the same as clinging to the teachings of Christ Himself, and to the Father God.

People in the Church are fallible. The Church as a teachings institution is infallible. Jesus makes her that way.

4/17/2015 1:47:36 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If the Catholic religion were just another religion, just another human tradition, then following her teachings blindly and uncritically would indeed be folly. But the Catholic Church is the mystical body of Christ, the mystical bride of Christ, the institution founded by Jesus Himself to continue His works and His teachings. Century after century go by and her teachings do not change. Clinging to her teachings is the same as clinging to the teachings of Christ Himself, and to the Father God.

People in the Church are fallible. The Church as a teachings institution is infallible. Jesus makes her that way.

4/17/2015 1:57:40 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

An analogy to what "argument"? Are you able to use the quote feature? It would save a lot of confusion. I haven't made any arguments. Are you replying to Clarence?

Quote from asanb:
An analogy to your argument would be that if I look sideways at the sun, I could infer that it isn't a star, someone put a big flashlight in orbit.
The most likely meaning of a statement is that it simply means what it says, isn't it?
Scholars have looked at the earliest translations of this statement and found it to be accurate as written " the Kingdom of God is within you".
The other convincing factor is that many great saints and spiritual practices ( as is commented previously) say almost exactly the same thing, with adjustment for cultural differences.
why not accept the clear, simple, and most evident explanation?

" How few of us really comprehend and appreciate the inner significance of the words of Jesus. We are content only with the ethical side of his teachings, which of course was a necessary accompaniment to the spiritual. The ethical tenets have been widely propagated and have even been assiduously kept alive, for they mark a great advance indeed in the moral scales of human values since the days of Moses. But by themselves, they fail to account for declarations like those about the "Day of Judgment," or "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," or "God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." If such sayings were to be taken in their literal sense, it would be to reduce them to meaninglessness. The "Day of Judgment" has failed to come, in spite of the prophecy of its proximity, and either Christ was speaking in ignorance or we have failed to comprehend his real meaning. There is behind whatever he said always an inner meaning that is clear to those who have had the same mystic experiences, but baffle those who attempt to interpret it in terms of intellect or even intuition.
Not having direct inner perception (not to be confounded with philosophic speculation or intuitive insight), we attempt to interpret the significance of the teachings left to us in terms of our own limited experience. What was meant as a metaphor we take as literal, and the supersentient descriptions we reduce to metaphors. We easily forget that when Jesus said that he was "the light of the world," the "Son of God," and one who would not leave or forsake his disciples even unto the ends of the world, he spoke not in his mortal capacity, but like all other great Masters, as one who had merged with the Word and become one with It. Forgetting this, instead of following him on the spiritual path he showed, we think of him as a scapegoat for bearing our sins and as a means of evading the inner spiritual challenge. "

Kirpal Sing- The Crown of Life

4/17/2015 3:37:46 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

How can anyone read the nonsense you post and NOT come to the conclusion that christianity damages its members' mental stability?

You are a prime example of what christianity can do to a member's thought process.

Peace

4/17/2015 3:54:26 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"There is an actual pre-personal fragment of God within every normal human being from about the age of 5 on. Jesus revealed this when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you," and now The Urantia Book RE-reveals it since it was not understood from the first revealing and was essentially lost or plowed under (buried) by Christians because Christians believe they are an exclusive lot and don't like to think that God is actually in everyone including those who don't believe as they do like Hindus and Muslims and Buddhists, and everyone else. They strongly resist that idea. When you (or any human) align your will perfectly with God's will as Enoch and Elijah did, you FUSE with that pre-personal fragment of God within you and you are "translated" in a "chariot of [spiritual] flames" directly to the Mansion Worlds (which Jesus referred to as the "many mansions in my Father's house" "

The drop of consciousness (piece of God) that exists within everyone is , for lack of a better term, the Soul. "The kingdom of god is within you" is an odd way to refer to a Soul, don't you think? Why would it not be stated simply "God is within you" if that were the meaning? Your Urantian "translation" sounds like a bypass of the process. it simply isn't so.
Doesn't it make more sense that " the Kindom of god within you" is a reference the these mansion worlds being found through seeking within?

More than That, I would take the meaning, theology and cosmology of Kirpal Singh, Nanak, Tulsi das, Kabir , and Nanaak to have a more accurate understanding of Jesus words than TUB.
These are not the words of a true Saint.

4/17/2015 4:49:12 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
I know I have said this before, but you're an ignorant man, asanb, waxing eloquent about things you know little or nothing about. You have no idea what Jesus meant when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you." You can stop right now wasting your time in spiritual navel gazing looking for the kingdom of God within you. You ain't going to find it that way, and no, that's not the only valid path. And what does your last sentence have to do with anything? You're all over the map.

Sigh, I ignored this for a very good reason but I do need to comment. I don't understand your definition of "ignorant".
You can quote the bible and believe firmly in The Urantia Book.

There is a world beyond those two books.

There is the commentary and elucidation of men who have travelled the mystical path and understand the true meaning of the Vedas, the Ramayana, the Koran, the writings of Zoroaster, all of the Hindu saints, the Guru Granth Sahib, and all of the Abrahamic Literature, The writings of Lao Tsu and many others. I might have gleaned some tidbits from my exposure to that. Sant Mat is not an Abrahamic path, but does not disrespect it.

To be ignorant is to purposefully blind one's self to the possibility of further knowledge. I can admit to having rejected TUB after reading pages upon pages of quotes and applying reason in my assignation of the book as a fraud. I base my assessment upon a depth of exposure to eastern thought and theology, and to a lifetime of experience.
You reject my assertions because the Urantia book says different. Where is ignorance demonstrated?

4/17/2015 7:16:08 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
Sigh, I ignored this for a very good reason but I do need to comment. I don't understand your definition of "ignorant".
You can quote the bible and believe firmly in The Urantia Book.

Oh thank you. I needed your reassurance that I can quote what I want and believe what I want.

There is a world beyond those two books.

I never said there wasn't. And I am not particularly concerned with one of those two books.

There is a world beyond your quaint guru-istic beliefs as well.

There is the commentary and elucidation of men who have travelled the mystical path and understand the true meaning of the Vedas, the Ramayana, the Koran, the writings of Zoroaster, all of the Hindu saints, the Guru Granth Sahib, and all of the Abrahamic Literature, The writings of Lao Tsu and many others.

I am not interested in "the mystical path," at all.

I might have gleaned some tidbits from my exposure to that. Sant Mat is not an Abrahamic path, but does not disrespect it.

Good for him. I don't care about the "Abrahamic path." It has nothing to do with me.

To be ignorant is to purposefully blind one's self to the possibility of further knowledge. I can admit to having rejected TUB...

Yes, exactly.

You reject my assertions because the Urantia book says different.

I reject what assertions? I agree with the subject of this thread and with the first post you made wherein you posted:

And whatever else was in your first post. I agree with it.

I have asked you to be specific and to quote me showing where your issues are but you seem unable to do that. You vaguely mention "assertions" above but that's hardly specific or quoting me. And just because The Uranntia Book says something different about "the kingdom of God is within you" from what you think you believe, doesn't mean The Urantia Book is wrong. But that's what you seem to be doing, just blowing it off.

4/17/2015 8:22:37 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

"I am not interested in "the mystical path," at all. "

Therein lies the problem, because without a mystical path, none of the promises of any book , scripture, or church will bear fruit in the form of personal revelation or spiritual advancement. The only way home is through a process of inversion. Translation, transmutation, and salvation are hinged upon the reality of this point. It doesn't matter what you believe or whatever outer baptism you might have experienced, Those who do not do the inner path will simply be reborn to yet another lifetime of suffering and separation.

4/17/2015 10:19:21 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
"I am not interested in "the mystical path," at all. "

Therein lies the problem, because without a mystical path, none of the promises of any book , scripture, or church will bear fruit in the form of personal revelation or spiritual advancement. The only way home is through a process of inversion. Translation, transmutation, and salvation are hinged upon the reality of this point. It doesn't matter what you believe or whatever outer baptism you might have experienced, Those who do not do the inner path will simply be reborn to yet another lifetime of suffering and separation.

I don't believe in re-incarnation.

The path to God ("The only way home" as you say) is through service to your fellow man, doing the Father's will with regard to the rest of humanity.

4/17/2015 10:38:13 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
61, joined Jul. 2012

What you believe is immaterial to the result.

4/17/2015 11:01:01 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from asanb:
What you believe is immaterial to the result.

I will not get caught up in your reincarnation superstition game.

Your statement reminds of the chain letters that go around and then at the end they say that you must forward the letter to 10 people in the next 5 minutes or you will have bad luck. And then they say, "And this is true even if you are not superstitious." It's all just a mind f*ck and your statement that "What you believe is immaterial to the result," is exactly the same game.

4/19/2015 4:25:42 PM Research proves that Men wrote the religious books  

masterweber
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,563)
Baton Rouge, LA
34, joined May. 2013

Who wrote the EarthLink original Hebrew manual instructions book of earth laws of lament???

I know for fact that you talking about the English biblical book only and not the rest of many ABC alphabets of languages bibles...