Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonaks

Apart from, they might ask you the same, top to some exciting reactions and discussions. single latinas in los angeles Not to mention — at least speaking from private encounter — there is nothing like a year of zero dating interaction to make you reduce your requirements. For more on how we handle individual info and your access, correction, complaint and opt out rights, see our Privacy Policy or speak to us. rubratings utah If you locate that you do share common interests, you have an arsenal of concepts for future dates, Elizabeth says.

skip the games

We appreciate the consideration, even if it s virtual, Fields says. kona singles We choose on takeout and a movie at his residence. This is type of in the similar vein as the question about love languages. how to use omegle video chat on ios Show your funniest, most intriguing and private side to attract possible dates and make them notice you.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/22/2015 8:05:01 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,108)
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

I got your point & what you were asking, & I told you my thoughts. Accept it when someone else's opinion/thoughts aren't the same as yours.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/22/2015 8:08:47 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

I got your point & what you were asking, & I told you my thoughts. Accept it when someone else's opinion/thoughts aren't the same as yours.

I also stated that I'm not sure if a man answering such as you described would offend me. I guess you didn't read that part of what I stated.

[Edited 11/22/2015 8:09:10 AM ]

11/22/2015 8:11:12 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

I didn't mean for the part double-post.

I didn't look too deeply at your question. It was just common sense to me.

11/22/2015 8:35:41 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

ctr916v2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,377)
Roseville, CA
53, joined Nov. 2014

why does it seem women are willing to put out for rude bad boys who are just plain liars but not honest, mostly nice guys?

11/22/2015 12:48:49 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

jjp184
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Somerset, NJ
52, joined Jun. 2013
online now!

I usually say, you're much fatter in real life

11/22/2015 1:36:55 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

You will have to ask those women who do that.

11/22/2015 2:14:27 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,644)
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from cuileann:

I also stated that I'm not sure if a man answering such as you described would offend me. I guess you didn't read that part of what I stated.

I got that. I just wanted your answer after clarification.

11/22/2015 4:45:16 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from cuileann:

I got that. I just wanted your answer after clarification.

11/22/2015 5:15:13 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

ctr916v2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,377)
Roseville, CA
53, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from cuileann:
You will have to ask those women who do that.

i guess they are all just "big chickens".

11/23/2015 4:53:00 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from ctr916v2:
i guess they are all just "big chickens".

Chicken as in afraid? Or chicken as in a bunch of cheap easy birds who cluck all day about nothing?

The second term is more widely used is why I asked.

11/23/2015 5:28:49 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Cuileann even though we're not exactly agreeing on anything in particular, I give you credit for one thing if nothing else. Having the guts discuss this topic without acting childish and needing other women to be your cheering section.

It seems like ANYTHING that might make a woman "admit" or "acknowledge callous behavior and destruct, ungodly intend their gender do for fun they will avoid like HIV. Even though you haven't either but you didn't hide.

I would have expected at least more Feminazi (feminist) and supports of Women's Lie (the war on men) to have been here.

11/23/2015 8:37:36 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

ctr916v2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,377)
Roseville, CA
53, joined Nov. 2014

Quote from dr_i_got_answer:
Chicken as in afraid? Or chicken as in a bunch of cheap easy birds who cluck all day about nothing?

The second term is more widely used is why I asked.

Yes, free chics seem to be mostly all talk and mostly no action for free.

(especially when the guy doesn't have enough money)

11/23/2015 8:39:05 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

ctr916v2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,377)
Roseville, CA
53, joined Nov. 2014

Cuileann even though we're not exactly agreeing on anything in particular, I give you credit for one thing if nothing else. Having the guts discuss this topic without acting childish and needing other women to be your cheering section.

It seems like ANYTHING that might make a woman "admit" or "acknowledge callous behavior and destruct, ungodly intend their gender do for fun they will avoid like HIV. Even though you haven't either but you didn't hide.

I would have expected at least more Feminazi (feminist) and supports of Women's Lie (the war on men) to have been here.

the times, they are "a changin".

Wo-men used to have no Thing but single syllable words in their "arguments" with me.

11/23/2015 8:40:08 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

ctr916v2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,377)
Roseville, CA
53, joined Nov. 2014

Professional women usually want to get things handled by appointment in two emails or less.

11/23/2015 12:09:56 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

Thanks. Well I can think for myself. Some people I agree with & others I don't, whether they are men or women. I don't hate people, even if we don't agree, even if a person seems hateful thenself. I'd dislike the hateful person, but not hate them. I've had men who were not honest with me &/or played games, but I don't hate men because of it or think all men are the same.

I also don't follow feminism, so I don't know if I'm a feminist or not. I probably believe in some things that are part of feminism, but not all. But I don't think I know all of what "feminism" is about. I do believe that all people should be treated right, whether they are a man or a woman, black or white or Asian, etc. Someone in any of those categories can be a good person OR not so good of a person. I'm nowhere near perfect & never will be. I just try to be the best that I'm able to. I don't intentionally hurt people. But I make mistakes, so I know I have before, in word or actions.

11/23/2015 6:12:27 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

So why is it considered offensive or disrespectful to ask a woman her weight and age? I've yet to have someone offer my a reasonable explanation.

But I've done the research so I know why women "claim" it to be wrong. lol

11/23/2015 6:46:49 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

Some women are sensitive or self-conscious about their age or weight. Weight really shouldn't matter too much if you see how she looks & you like the way she looks. I don't care about anyone knowing my age.

11/24/2015 12:20:21 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
courier406
Saint Paul, MN
64, joined Mar. 2013

Honesty is offensive. Any way you answer a question like that is like smoking around gasoline and an open flame while explaining why WHATEVER doesn't make her a** look big. (Huge maybe, but not big)

11/26/2015 7:15:21 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

So why is it considered offensive or disrespectful to ask a woman her weight and age? I've yet to have someone offer my a reasonable explanation.

You tell first. Seriously, not offensive or disrespectful, just unnecessary, sounds like filling out a job application or something. I would answer none of your business.

11/26/2015 7:16:13 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from cuileann:
Some women are sensitive or self-conscious about their age or weight. Weight really shouldn't matter too much if you see how she looks & you like the way she looks. I don't care about anyone knowing my age.

11/27/2015 5:07:59 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from forumlurkingfun:
You tell first. Seriously, not offensive or disrespectful, just unnecessary, sounds like filling out a job application or something. I would answer none of your business.

During biblical times at the beginning of the mudroom period, if women weren't married by a certain age they were considered over ripe and "over the hill!" And over a certain weight exhibit laziness and NOT a good home keeper. So too old and too big (by those standards at that time) got u tossed in the junk pile.

So women (not wanting that) decided to DECEIVE men by playing mind games. "Don't Tell Don't Know" is what it's called. Women added to their list of "Don't do this or you get none" the age and weight to avoid the junk pile themselves. Another way they've used sex as a weapon to get their way.

Now even though times has changed and older and larger women are now MORE desired than young skinn, women still hold on to it bcuz it's a form of control and psychological manipulation.

So your decision to say "none of your business" only show a high level of insecurity and extremely low esteem. Truth is ANY WOMAN who gets good positive attention bcuz of their looks feel very good about themselves and VERY secure in their ability to keep a man without manipulation, lying, mind games and nasty attitudes.

11/27/2015 5:32:11 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from courier406:
Honesty is offensive. Any way you answer a question like that is like smoking around gasoline and an open flame while explaining why WHATEVER doesn't make her a** look big. (Huge maybe, but not big)

I agree with how women take honesty which is offensive if it's something they don't like, but it's not the honesty but how she treated herself that's offensive.

They're the same way with generalizing. "If they like it" then it's ok. If not, then you're the worse thing ever. Their emotions and feelings gives them the psyche of a 5yo. Bcuz only 5yo KIDS can't distinguish the intent in something unpleasant from truthful or malicious. Only a 5yo.

11/28/2015 9:42:05 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

During biblical times at the beginning of the mudroom period, if women weren't married by a certain age they were considered over ripe and "over the hill!" And over a certain weight exhibit laziness and NOT a good home keeper. So too old and too big (by those standards at that time) got u tossed in the junk pile.

So women (not wanting that) decided to DECEIVE men by playing mind games. "Don't Tell Don't Know" is what it's called. Women added to their list of "Don't do this or you get none" the age and weight to avoid the junk pile themselves. Another way they've used sex as a weapon to get their way.

Now even though times has changed and older and larger women are now MORE desired than young skinn, women still hold on to it bcuz it's a form of control and psychological manipulation.

So your decision to say "none of your business" only show a high level of insecurity and extremely low esteem. Truth is ANY WOMAN who gets good positive attention bcuz of their looks feel very good about themselves and VERY secure in their ability to keep a man without manipulation, lying, mind games and nasty attitudes.

Dr, a woman who doesn't want to respond to a direct inquiry about her age or weight may still have sex, so how is this using sex as a weapon? I am neither insecure or have low self esteem. I play no mind games and I have a loving, not nasty attitude. I get loads of good, positive attention from the wonderful man in my life. My you tell first/none of your business response was because of the interrogation like manner in which the question was posed. BTW, no problem telling my actual age, everyone thinks I am much younger and I am proud of my generation. Weight comes out organically as the relationship progresses, if it is relevant for some reason. I still say that if age/weight is data you must have, tell her yours first, and then say, "now what about you"?

11/29/2015 12:44:55 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Dr, a woman who doesn't want to respond to a direct inquiry about her age or weight may still have sex, so how is this using sex as a weapon? I am neither insecure or have low self esteem. I play no mind games and I have a loving, not nasty attitude. I get loads of good, positive attention from the wonderful man in my life. My you tell first/none of your business response was because of the interrogation like manner in which the question was posed. BTW, no problem telling my actual age, everyone thinks I am much younger and I am proud of my generation. Weight comes out organically as the relationship progresses, if it is relevant for some reason. I still say that if age/weight is data you must have, tell her yours first, and then say, "now what about you"?

It's not a "man thing" to get all funky over being asked his age and weight, that's a "women thing!" If you and a handful of others DON'T do that, fine! But the actions of the few DOES NOT SPEAK FOR the actions of the majority and I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that.

If what I'm saying isn't true there would NOT BE such a wide spread saying "You NEVER ask a woman her age and weight!" Did I make up this "saying" just to start a thread and prove a point? Was I even around thousands of years when it started? So let's not pretend like I'm making this all up.

And twisting a man asking a simple question into an interrogation was a very poor tactic on your part. Truth is, we ALL have likes and dislikes we wanna know about someone of interest from physical make up to criminal records to sickness and hereditary illnesses. Can we at least be realistic?

Asking about bank or other account numbers is none of my business. Your SS# is none of my business. How much you or a rich/wealthy family members is worth is none of my business. How many men your mom had before she met your dad is none of my business bcuz NONE of those things can or will impact my interest in you!

But crying over and making a topic secret gov't case outta age and weight, like the fate of the free world and the future of mankind depends on is just ridiculous.

11/29/2015 3:29:53 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

It's not offensive nor disrespectful, if this woman is a potential candidate for dating. I don't understand why asking a women's weight and age would be taboo in the dating world, it's no different from asking someone if they drink or smoke. If you are interested in each other you have the right to ask, you should be able to also ask, her clothing size as well and she should be willing answer honestly, if she has nothing to hide. She should also be free to ask the same of you if that matters to her.

If you're asking that of a woman you're not romantically interested in then the question might be viewed as inappropriate.

11/29/2015 4:07:13 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I agree but try telling that to forumlurker.

Back on topic... that too is a form of lying. When being deceitful or misleading on purpose.

But who's lies are the worse?

12/1/2015 1:33:50 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

bumblebee7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (64,813)
Fort Payne, AL
61, joined Apr. 2011

Worse?

Some men lie to get sex.

Some women lie to get a relation.

Well..which is worse?

Getting some good sex, then finding out you were coerced into it....well before any money, real time or love loss..

Or putting a lot of time and feelings into someone over a fair period of time...then finding it was all lies.

there you go.

12/1/2015 3:24:15 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from amron1926:
It's not offensive nor disrespectful, if this woman is a potential candidate for dating. I don't understand why asking a women's weight and age would be taboo in the dating world, it's no different from asking someone if they drink or smoke. If you are interested in each other you have the right to ask, you should be able to also ask, her clothing size as well and she should be willing answer honestly, if she has nothing to hide. She should also be free to ask the same of you if that matters to her.

If you're asking that of a woman you're not romantically interested in then the question might be viewed as inappropriate.

Ya'll can say what you want, but just tell me how you phrase this inquiry without it seeming like an interrogation. Give me the exact wording. If you like a person's appearance, what the heck difference does it matter what the statistics are? And these questions for a potential candidate for dating? Really? Just a candidate? I think you should at least be dating before you go there.

It is different than asking about drinking or smoking, which are habits not physical characteristics. What difference does clothing size make if you like the person's appearance? Suppose they are the perfect age/weight according to your "standards" but you still don't like how they look. Do you date them anyway? Or what if you like how they look but their age/weight doesn't fall within your "standards" Do you stop dating them? It's not about having something to hide, no grown person has to hide anything from another. I have never viewed weight as important for me to know when I was dating, never asked no cared. I do not get why this would be a big deal to anybody. Use your EYES.

[Edited 12/1/2015 3:25:12 PM ]

12/1/2015 3:36:27 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

I agree but try telling that to forumlurker.

Back on topic... that too is a form of lying. When being deceitful or misleading on purpose.

But who's lies are the worse?

I don't just accept being "told" something, but I can be persuaded by a sound and rational argument.

My ex husband was the king of deceit. He moved out of our home while I was at work, after calling me to confirm I was in the office. He never communicated his unhappiness, just ran out like a coward. I could tell many more of his lies, he lied like a rug. While he was sleeping around, I remained faithful until our divorce was final. In my case, his lies were light years worse than mine, I don't recall lying to him ever, really.

Any man who lets a woman put a baby on him that he did not father is just stupid in this day and age of DNA testing and Maury Povich. Or he could always choose to be the responsible one and use a condom.

12/1/2015 9:28:45 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from bumblebee7:
Worse?

Some men lie to get sex.

Some women lie to get a relation.

Well..which is worse?

Getting some good sex, then finding out you were coerced into it....well before any money, real time or love loss..

Or putting a lot of time and feelings into someone over a fair period of time...then finding it was all lies.

there you go.

Cmon Bee! lol I think you're being evasive. So allow me...

A man lies to get sex. He break a heart and hurts her feelings.

A woman lie by telling a man the child is his then tell the child he's the daddy. She gets 18yrs child support out him. Then he find out the truth and so does the child.

Which one of those lies are worse? Or do you see them as the same?

12/1/2015 9:41:22 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

enigmaathand
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,971)
Leavittsburg, OH
35, joined Mar. 2013

OK so you meet someone, they seem nice and genuinely interested in you. During the initial "first conversation" on a date or over the phone you ask them "why are they single if they're such a catch?"

In their answer they explain that they never dated someone (black, white, asian, fat, skinny, big, small, etc) and you're in one or two of those categories and dating you will be their first.

How would you take that? Would you be offended or simply see it as them being honest? Would their reason why they never did depend on how you take it? And would it make you feel awkward knowing you're their first?
Well, Doc, I have been thinking about this thread. I have dabbled in some of the comments, and I decided to finally make my decision or how I would perceive this.

I would perceive this, as an opportunity. See, when a man or woman stops dating and opening up in relationships, with a specific group, it is a result of bias.

But, like we have discussed in many other threads, sometimes you have to make changes. Sometimes, you see things around you, that shatter your socially conditioned bias.

15 years ago, I would have never considered dating black women. My family was extremely racist, growing up. I was continuously called names, for wearing bandanas amd listening to rap music, by my family. Names that were commonly used for insulting blacks. I remember being told I had "jungle fever" anytime I found a black woman to be attractive, by my friends, in high school.

Fast forward, 15 years later, and I got a few jobs working with predominantly black women. Some white women only date black men. So, having had those bias shattered and knowing those around me were just ignorant, I have learned that love is colorblind.

That being said, if I was the first white guy, that a woman against dating white guys, wanted to date, you can bet your a** I'm going to put forth my best efforts, as any other relationship.

From what I have seen, when people only date certain ethnicities, they do so because of certain stereotypes and bias that are actually true, about the said group they are mingling with.

In final point, I was told and I am not sure how true this is, that many black women find relief in dating white men, because the older white male generations within my age tend to be very hard working, responsible men, as compared to our younger black male counterparts.

Now, personally, I think the whole younger generations are just screwed up, regardless of their race.

The older generations, regardless of their race seem to have more moral convictions and overall behave more responsibly.

12/1/2015 10:59:31 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

Ya'll can say what you want, but just tell me how you phrase this inquiry without it seeming like an interrogation. Give me the exact wording. If you like a person's appearance, what the heck difference does it matter what the statistics are? And these questions for a potential candidate for dating? Really? Just a candidate? I think you should at least be dating before you go there.

It is different than asking about drinking or smoking, which are habits not physical characteristics. What difference does clothing size make if you like the person's appearance? Suppose they are the perfect age/weight according to your "standards" but you still don't like how they look. Do you date them anyway? Or what if you like how they look but their age/weight doesn't fall within your "standards" Do you stop dating them? It's not about having something to hide, no grown person has to hide anything from another. I have never viewed weight as important for me to know when I was dating, never asked no cared. I do not get why this would be a big deal to anybody. Use your EYES.

Eyes wide open and using them. Men are visual and some women are very good at hiding their extra weight, however each person is different so weight and clothing size may very well matter to some people. Some women wear undergarments to minimize their appearance, so all that glitters is not necessary gold when clothes comes off. I personally don't care, since I don't think I'd encounter a man who wears spanx. I focus more on whether or not a man has healthy lifestyle, so I'd ask about their eating habits and fitness, however I have no issue telling me age, weight or dress size, in fact here it is, I'm 51 soon to be 52, I weigh between 147 lbs & 152 lbs, standing at 5 feet 4 or 5 feet 8 when in heels, my dress size is between size 6 & 8 depending on the cut and designer. If weight and age is so irrelevant and no big deal, why not just answer, if you have nothing to hide. The truth is most women hide their weight because they are ashamed of how much they weigh, and do get upset if a man were to ask about it.

12/1/2015 11:26:39 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I don't just accept being "told" something, but I can be persuaded by a sound and rational argument.

Any man who lets a woman put a baby on him that he did not father is just stupid in this day and age of DNA testing and Maury Povich. Or he could always choose to be the responsible one and use a condom.

You say you CAN be persuaded, but if a man is persuaded by a woman through trust , live and manipulation he's stupid? You're not stupid if you're persuaded but he is?

And what when the child is lied to? Being told some man is the dad when he's not? Is that child stupid too?

See what you're suggesting is men should see all women as lying a** bit€he's until they're proven not be. Right?

12/3/2015 9:30:10 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

bumblebee7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (64,813)
Fort Payne, AL
61, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from amron1926:
Eyes wide open and using them. Men are visual and some women are very good at hiding their extra weight, however each person is different so weight and clothing size may very well matter to some people. Some women wear undergarments to minimize their appearance, so all that glitters is not necessary gold when clothes comes off. I personally don't care, since I don't think I'd encounter a man who wears spanx. I focus more on whether or not a man has healthy lifestyle, so I'd ask about their eating habits and fitness, however I have no issue telling me age, weight or dress size, in fact here it is, I'm 51 soon to be 52, I weigh between 147 lbs & 152 lbs, standing at 5 feet 4 or 5 feet 8 when in heels, my dress size is between size 6 & 8 depending on the cut and designer. If weight and age is so irrelevant and no big deal, why not just answer, if you have nothing to hide. The truth is most women hide their weight because they are ashamed of how much they weigh, and do get upset if a man were to ask about it.

actually I think women are more visual than men....and they hide that well too.

unless its a concert, or Chippendales, or a movie with their favorite hunk.

12/3/2015 10:47:16 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from amron1926:

If you get to the point where the clothes come off, you'll see all you need to know. Women may hide their weight because of the PREJUDICE directed toward heavier people, women in particular. Not an issue for men, not fair but that is how it is.

You did not answer my question. If the person's statistics don't match your ideal, do you drop them? Even if you like how they look? Not all slim people are attractive, BTW. I applaud those who look as best they can, I do it myself. What's wrong with that?

Also, you did not tell me HOW you ask a PROSPECTIVE dating partner how much they weigh. Do you say, "I was wondering your age, weight, and height, would you mind revealing those things", or do you say "how much do you weigh, I need to know before going any further?" Either way might be met with a WTF look, or a "what does it matter to you, we don't even know if we like each other yet! And you don't have to be fat to respond that way.

I think focusing on the external statistics of a HUMAN BEING is exceptionally shallow. If these things set your dating parameters, good luck. The characteristics of a person that really matter cannot be seen. Not saying date someone you are not attracted to. But to be rigid is not going to help your (the general your) chances of successfully mating. What if a person loses or gains weight while you are with them. Do you leave then because they don't fit your "standard"? That is shallow too.

Not going to continue going back and forth, not my style. It is OK to hold different viewpoints. I would like an answer to my questions, though.

12/3/2015 12:56:35 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

If you get to the point where the clothes come off, you'll see all you need to know. Women may hide their weight because of the PREJUDICE directed toward heavier people, women in particular. Not an issue for men, not fair but that is how it is.

You did not answer my question. If the person's statistics don't match your ideal, do you drop them? Even if you like how they look? Not all slim people are attractive, BTW. I applaud those who look as best they can, I do it myself. What's wrong with that?

Also, you did not tell me HOW you ask a PROSPECTIVE dating partner how much they weigh. Do you say, "I was wondering your age, weight, and height, would you mind revealing those things", or do you say "how much do you weigh, I need to know before going any further?" Either way might be met with a WTF look, or a "what does it matter to you, we don't even know if we like each other yet! And you don't have to be fat to respond that way.

I think focusing on the external statistics of a HUMAN BEING is exceptionally shallow. If these things set your dating parameters, good luck. The characteristics of a person that really matter cannot be seen. Not saying date someone you are not attracted to. But to be rigid is not going to help your (the general your) chances of successfully mating. What if a person loses or gains weight while you are with them. Do you leave then because they don't fit your "standard"? That is shallow too.

Not going to continue going back and forth, not my style. It is OK to hold different viewpoints. I would like an answer to my questions, though.

I already told you of the things that would be of concern to me I'm not a man and I'm not so focused on visual so I wouldn't need to ask weight questions. However if a man were to ask me about my weight, it doesn't matter how he asked, I would have no issues with answering.

As for me, a potential mate will need to meet certain health requirments before I'd consider dating him as my lifestyle and eating habits wouldn't be a good fit for some men.

As I said before most men are visual and fall for what they see, I don't believe they simply choose to be that way, I believe it's in their make up and they truly can't help it. Us women on the other hand tend to fall in love with what we hear rather than what we see so there's realy no doublestandards.

With all that said men tell us what we want to hear and we show them what they want to see and that my dear is why weight matters.

I wouldn't get involved with a man who currently has an unhealthy lifestyle so there would be no need to dump him for failing to meet my criteria.

12/3/2015 1:10:31 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from bumblebee7:
actually I think women are more visual than men....and they hide that well too.

unless its a concert, or Chippendales, or a movie with their favorite hunk.

You seem to dislike women in general and would believe only the negitive when it relates to woman, so those thoughts seem only natural coming from you.

With that said, you'll get no arguments from me, as it would only be a complete waste of my time trying to convince you otherwise.

12/3/2015 1:33:04 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

Also, you did not tell me HOW

you ask a PROSPECTIVE dating partner how much they weigh. Do you say, "I was wondering your age, weight, and height, would you mind revealing those things", or do you say "how much do you weigh, I need to know before going any further?" Either way might be met with a WTF look, or a "what does it matter to you, we don't even know if we like each other yet! And you don't have to be fat to respond that way.

One more thing I'd like to add. Truth be told, if I was obeast I'd be reluctant to tell anyone how much I weigh.

12/3/2015 3:56:02 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from amron1926:

I'm really starting to like your style. At least what I'm hearing anyway. It's not often you meet a woman (especial blk woman) who doesn't follow a F'd up socially brainwashed way of thinking and living. And who DON'T repeat cliches like her vocab can speak nothing else.

@ forum lurker:
The problem with waiting til the clothes come off to SEE what you're getting is you may NOT like what you get when it does. Now this automatically creates controversy. Bcuz that man is either gonna have to FAKE enjoying it (that's fine by her) or hurt her feelings when he explain why he instantly became disinterested and disgusted.

That's childish high school games. Not what grown a** adults do. Grow adults put their cards on the table to establish honesty and NOT waste each others time playing "high school get a date.

12/3/2015 6:23:23 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

If the person's statistics don't match your ideal, do you drop them? Even if you like how they look? Not all slim people are attractive, BTW.

I think focusing on the external statistics of a HUMAN BEING is exceptionally shallow. The characteristics of a person that really matter cannot be seen. Not saying date someone you are not attracted to. But to be rigid is not going to help your chances of successfully mating. What if a person loses or gains weight while you are with them. Do you leave then because they don't fit your "standard"?

No offense baby but your perspective on this subject is rather juvenile. Look at each paragraph I quote of your post.

1. First you assumed we're bashing fat ppl if you say "not all slim ppl are attractive!" I'm not attracted to slim women myself. There are a multitude of variations ppl find attractive or not. So you shoulda ONLY assumed they were saying "Whatever they like or don't like!"

So to answer your question, if someone DOESN'T fit my physical criteria but is nice with great character.... then we're great as friends, not a couple.

2. It's not always the question but how you ask. If you ask anything disrespectfully (even their name) will warrant an unpleasant reply. But if someone is offended simply by being asked normal sh¡t isn't mature enough to be dating anyway.

3. Now you say focusing on looks is shallow... then say "you don't expect ppl to date someone they're not attracted to" means you're a bit confused baby. Just Bcuz we have physical criteria of what we like doesn't mean that's all it takes! Stop assuming to prove a point.

12/3/2015 7:36:49 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

I'm really starting to like your style. At least what I'm hearing anyway. It's not often you meet a woman (especial blk woman) who doesn't follow a F'd up socially brainwashed way of thinking and living. And who DON'T repeat cliches like her vocab can speak nothing else.

@ forum lurker:
The problem with waiting til the clothes come off to SEE what you're getting is you may NOT like what you get when it does. Now this automatically creates controversy. Bcuz that man is either gonna have to FAKE enjoying it (that's fine by her) or hurt her feelings when he explain why he instantly became disinterested and disgusted.

That's childish high school games. Not what grown a** adults do. Grow adults put their cards on the table to establish honesty and NOT waste each others time playing "high school get a date.

Thank you. My eyes are wide open to the unkind things that some women do. I won't deny those things just because I'm also female. I have a brother who raise a child to adulthood only to find out after he divorced and remarried he was never able to produce children. His ex-wife who didn't revert back to her maiden name, used her ID and their invalid marriage certificate to empty his bank account when he was traveling outside of the country. Another brother was lie to, repeatly cheated on and financially clean out by his ex-wife. I'd voiced my concerns to my brothers earlier in their relationships but unfortunately my concerns fell on deaf ears and very ugly events played out.

I have opinions that most woman wouldn't agree with.

I think man should have the right to demand his wife drop his last name durwin their divorce and since it's his name, his request should be granted.

I think that when a man raises a child that's not his without his knowledge, he should be able to sue the child's mother for financial damages, and win even if they were married when the child was born.

I think the respect that women feel they are entitled to from man, they should first give that respect to themselves and be willing to give it to others before demanding it from men.

I think that women should stop hating on each other women for their looks. A woman can see another woman who she thinks is better looking than her and she will seek and point out every fault she can find with her be it real or imagined in an effort to tear down that woman's looks just to make herself feel better. Not all women are like that but a lot are.

Women need to stop sleeping with other women's men. Two wrongs don't make a right. Women say men are liers and cheaters but men cheat with other women, so what do you call that woman? Does that woman get a free pass because she is also female. If we as women respect ourselves and and each other's relationships, men would find it difficult to find to someone to cheat with.

Young girls need to stop fist fighting each other like men anf Dldegrading each other and themselves in public and then posting it on social media for word to see.

Women need to wake up and realized that we can't do the same things that a man can do walk away unmarked by those actions. We are not the same and society will hold us accountable and look down on us for those actions.

I don't hate women, after all we are sisters but women in general need look to look in the mirror and get the motte out of their eyes before pointing at others. I could go on and on but I'll stop here as it's way off the topic.

One last thing, I am not saying men in general don't have their own issues, because they do, but LADIES are becoming an endangered species and are in desperate need of help. Maybe if the ladies return more gentleman will show up too.

12/3/2015 8:29:57 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

I don't think you even read my response before launching the above attact. However I won't readdress here but I suggest you go back and read it, as I said nothing that would suggest I'm a shallow person.

I'm a shapley women of color whovwouldn't want to date a man who's not attracted to me because of my looks, and I also wouldn't be upset by the fact that I'm simply not his cup of tea and I surely wouldn't call him shallow because of his preference, as I'd much rather date a man who totally digs my curves and my skin anyway.

To each his own, people like what they like and have the free will to do so and shouldn't be called names for having a preference.

Such is the world we live in.

12/4/2015 2:37:39 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from amron1926:
Thank you. My eyes are wide open to the unkind things that some women do. I won't deny those things just because I'm also female. I have a brother who raise a child to adulthood only to find out after he divorced and remarried he was never able to produce children. His ex-wife who didn't revert back to her maiden name, used her ID and their invalid marriage certificate to empty his bank account when he was traveling outside of the country. Another brother was lie to, repeatly cheated on and financially clean out by his ex-wife. I'd voiced my concerns to my brothers earlier in their relationships but unfortunately my concerns fell on deaf ears and very ugly events played out.

I have opinions that most woman wouldn't agree with.

I think man should have the right to demand his wife drop his last name durwin their divorce and since it's his name, his request should be granted.

I think that when a man raises a child that's not his without his knowledge, he should be able to sue the child's mother for financial damages, and win even if they were married when the child was born.

I think the respect that women feel they are entitled to from man, they should first give that respect to themselves and be willing to give it to others before demanding it from men.

I think that women should stop hating on each other women for their looks. A woman can see another woman who she thinks is better looking than her and she will seek and point out every fault she can find with her be it real or imagined in an effort to tear down that woman's looks just to make herself feel better. Not all women are like that but a lot are.

Women need to stop sleeping with other women's men. Two wrongs don't make a right. Women say men are liers and cheaters but men cheat with other women, so what do you call that woman? Does that woman get a free pass because she is also female. If we as women respect ourselves and and each other's relationships, men would find it difficult to find to someone to cheat with.

Young girls need to stop fist fighting each other like men anf Dldegrading each other and themselves in public and then posting it on social media for word to see.

Women need to wake up and realized that we can't do the same things that a man can do walk away unmarked by those actions. We are not the same and society will hold us accountable and look down on us for those actions.

I don't hate women, after all we are sisters but women in general need look to look in the mirror and get the motte out of their eyes before pointing at others. I could go on and on but I'll stop here as it's way off the topic.

One last thing, I am not saying men in general don't have their own issues, because they do, but LADIES are becoming an endangered species and are in desperate need of help. Maybe if the ladies return more gentleman will show up too.

I read every word of this post. Bravo!!! I've been saying this very thing for years. But when I say it I'm bashing and hate women. Or being accused of saying ALL women when the word "all" never came out my mouth. lol

12/4/2015 7:16:11 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

enigmaathand
Leavittsburg, OH
35, joined Mar. 2013

Don't you know, Doc? MEN, aren't allowed to say these things about women. We are just "oppressing" them, if we do.....

and don't believe everything you read. She has challenged me, in other threads, over similar topics.

12/4/2015 8:21:41 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from amron1926:
I already told you of the things that would be of concern to me I'm not a man and I'm not so focused on visual so I wouldn't need to ask weight questions. However if a man were to ask me about my weight, it doesn't matter how he asked, I would have no issues with answering.

As for me, a potential mate will need to meet certain health requirments before I'd consider dating him as my lifestyle and eating habits wouldn't be a good fit for some men.

As I said before most men are visual and fall for what they see, I don't believe they simply choose to be that way, I believe it's in their make up and they truly can't help it. Us women on the other hand tend to fall in love with what we hear rather than what we see so there's realy no doublestandards.

With all that said men tell us what we want to hear and we show them what they want to see and that my dear is why weight matters.

I wouldn't get involved with a man who currently has an unhealthy lifestyle so there would be no need to dump him for failing to meet my criteria.

As for me, a man needs to be well groomed and clean. Those are MY standards. I'm somewhat visual, I don't care how many sweet nothings a man may have said to me during my 60 years, if he is not attractive to me, and there is no chemistry, it doesn't matter, nothing's happening. I still don't see why weight matters when a man LIKES what he sees. Knowing her number isn't going to change attraction or not. To each his own, men are attracted to what they are attracted to. Fortunately, me and my man are crazy about each other, and he has never asked what I weigh, and vice-versa. Back when I was dating, you could tell on the first meet and greet if there would be a second encounter, without weight questions. It may not be offensive, but my point is that it is unnecessary to ask what anybody weighs, of course we are all adults who are at liberty to answer, or not, such a question if it is asked of us.

12/4/2015 8:46:14 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from amron1926:

I don't think you even read my response before launching the above attact. However I won't readdress here but I suggest you go back and read it, as I said nothing that would suggest I'm a shallow person.

I'm a shapley women of color whovwouldn't want to date a man who's not attracted to me because of my looks, and I also wouldn't be upset by the fact that I'm simply not his cup of tea and I surely wouldn't call him shallow because of his preference, as I'd much rather date a man who totally digs my curves and my skin anyway.

To each his own, people like what they like and have the free will to do so and shouldn't be called names for having a preference.

Such is the world we live in.

You have it all wrong. I said NOTHING about not having preferences, everybody does. But a guy can look at me and see if I fall into within his preferences without asking unnecessary questions. Was not directing anything toward you personally. I couldn't agree more with your remark about being an attractive woman of color. I am also an attractive woman of color and I have never cared if I was not a man's cup of tea, as you say. There were always plenty for whom I was their tea and coffee! But that is not what the OP was referring to. I do think selecting a mate exclusively on the basis of physical appearance is shallow, but that is far different than having preferences. Sorry you were offended, no offense was meant, you were just expressing your opinion, and I expressed mine, which is OK.

BTW, I made my profile private because I have been in a committed relationship for a year and a half, and despite plainly stating that I am here for the forums only, crap still ended up in my mailbox. Not ashamed at all of my looks.

[Edited 12/4/2015 8:48:11 PM ]

12/4/2015 8:49:19 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

You say you CAN be persuaded, but if a man is persuaded by a woman through trust , live and manipulation he's stupid? You're not stupid if you're persuaded but he is?

And what when the child is lied to? Being told some man is the dad when he's not? Is that child stupid too?

See what you're suggesting is men should see all women as lying a** bit€he's until they're proven not be. Right?

????

12/4/2015 9:07:45 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

I said I could be persuaded by a sound and rational argument. That is not stupid. I did not call either men or women stupid. Or children for that matter. And of course nothing I posted suggested any such thing as men seeing all women as lying a** b*tches, how did you reach that conclusion? No intelligent man would believe such nonsense about women.

12/4/2015 9:10:25 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

Quote from amron1926:

One more thing I'd like to add. Truth be told, if I was obeast I'd be reluctant to tell anyone how much I weigh.

And it wouldn't matter because if the man had eyes he could SEE you were obese. Some men like obese.

12/4/2015 9:25:36 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  
forumlurkingfun
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
Chicago, IL
61, joined Mar. 2015

And it wouldn't matter because if the man had eyes he could SEE you were obese. Some men like obese.

I did read all of your posts in their entirety, and was not attacking you. I responded directly, yes, but attack, no. If it gets to that point, I just block.

The joy of aging is that I truly just don't care what people think of my weight or anything else. My weight has gone up and down, but I've been pretty, and with a man, through it all! Overweight women are so stigmatized, if a woman does not wish to reveal her weight, she should not be judged. Or compelled to do so.

12/5/2015 1:16:32 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

amron1926
Washington, DC
52, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from enigmaathand:
Don't you know, Doc? MEN, aren't allowed to say these things about women. We are just "oppressing" them, if we do.....

and don't believe everything you read. She has challenged me, in other threads, over similar topics.

It was one post on one forum, Nutter! You attacked my character and I responded.

Are you really that arrogant or just plain twisted and sick in the head to view me defending my character as challanging you, after you basically called me a lier for stating that I don't use men or date them for their looks or money? I simply told you who I am (chipfree shoulder with good sense) and how I was raised.

Do you really believe that you are something worth challenging? I think not. You and your disconnected thought patterns are no threat to me or anyone else in these forums. You post your craziness on so many forums you can't keep them straight. Go back and check, it's on Women saying they can't find a good man.

You may very well be a complete idiot and a firstclass nutcase and Dr would most likely do well in disassociating himself from you.

Going forward I'll respond to no more of your mindless accusations and pointless rants,as that's how you feed your ugly, bitter deep rooted hate for women, I'll not help you in cultivating your madness nor ugly bitterness.

Someone else can help feed your monster.

12/5/2015 1:27:14 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
Bugzey
Over 2,000 Posts (3,261)
Red Bluff, CA
52, joined Aug. 2015

ouch

12/5/2015 4:30:58 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  
cuileann
San Antonio, TX
49, joined Aug. 2015

Cmon Bee! lol I think you're being evasive. So allow me...

A man lies to get sex. He break a heart and hurts her feelings.

A woman lie by telling a man the child is his then tell the child he's the daddy. She gets 18yrs child support out him. Then he find out the truth and so does the child.

Which one of those lies are worse? Or do you see them as the same?

Do you think these are the only lies told? Both genders tell other bad lies & some men can tell some very damaging lies also. You are trying to make women in general out to be worse than men. Some women do act worse then some men. I know a man who told lies about a woman because he was bitter & angry & those lies affected the woman in a huge way because it had to do with her kids. It affected her hugely for the rest of her life.

12/6/2015 7:01:47 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

As for me, a man needs to be well groomed and clean. Those are MY standards. I'm somewhat visual, I don't care how many sweet nothings a man may have said to me during my 60 years, if he is not attractive to me, and there is no chemistry, it doesn't matter, nothing's happening. I still don't see why weight matters when a man LIKES what he sees. Knowing her number isn't going to change attraction or not. To each his own, men are attracted to what they are attracted to. Fortunately, me and my man are crazy about each other, and he has never asked what I weigh, and vice-versa. Back when I was dating, you could tell on the first meet and greet if there would be a second encounter, without weight questions. It may not be offensive, but my point is that it is unnecessary to ask what anybody weighs, of course we are all adults who are at liberty to answer, or not, such a question if it is asked of us.

It sounds to me like you're very very controlling and you'll shit on anything you don't understand. Stop trying to understand what those things mean to men. It's like a man trying to understand why a woman's cravings change during her cycle. All you need to know is it IS important to us.

But bcuz you can't understand it you'll go so far as to DENY a man that. Calling it degrading, and unimportant bcuz you can't. You will NEVER desire a woman as a man do. That's the only way you would understand anyway. So stop needing to control a man's thoughts and desires and just accept the fact we have them.

Woman have changed enough over the pass 50-60yrs. Now you're trying to change what few "real men" that are left? Can't we have one thing to ourselves?

12/6/2015 7:34:49 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

enigmaathand
Leavittsburg, OH
35, joined Mar. 2013

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

12/6/2015 8:21:08 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

enigmaathand
Leavittsburg, OH
35, joined Mar. 2013

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

12/7/2015 10:32:51 AM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

But a guy can look at me and see if I fall into within his preferences without asking unnecessary questions.

In case you're wondering, this is what I mean by controlling!

You say he should be able to just look at you and tell if you're his preference? How can you decide for ANYONE but yourself "what it takes" to determine if someone (including yourself) meet their physical standards? What if someone tried to TELL YOU how or who you can and can't be attracted to? Would that ever happen?

And when you say "unnecessary questions" once again... how can you determine what is necessary or unecessarry for someone else? What if you ask a man if he had kids (that's something women wanna know) and his reply was "You should be able to look at e and!" Or "it's not necessary for you to know that" how would you respond?

12/7/2015 7:16:07 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

dr_i_got_answer
Gwynn Oak, MD
49, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Quote from cuileann:
Do you think these are the only lies told? Both genders tell other bad lies & some men can tell some very damaging lies also. You are trying to make women in general out to be worse than men. Some women do act worse then some men. I know a man who told lies about a woman because he was bitter & angry & those lies affected the woman in a huge way because it had to do with her kids. It affected her hugely for the rest of her life.

I'm trying to make women out to be worse than men? You gotta be kidding me right? I'm talking specifically about the liesand how some LIES are worse than others. You're trying to twist my post into "women" being worse than men in all aspects including as human beings! Don't do that bcuz it makes you look guilty and very evasive of the subject.

The first thing I said in my post is men and women BOTH tell lies. To specifically prevent ppl from "side stepping" the subject by repeating the obvious. And look at how many did it anyway.

But don't you dare try to pretend like some lies aren't worse than others. All I'm asking is be grown enough to openly discuss them. But if the lies women tell ARE worse only a guilty conscience would use mental manipulation to avoid acknowledgement.

12/7/2015 7:21:34 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

enigmaathand
Leavittsburg, OH
35, joined Mar. 2013

Doc, considering that Culieann blocked me, can you please quote this, so she can see it?

Doc is pointing out the different severity of lies, with a claim that a woman lying to commit paternity fraud, rape, assault, or get a divorce is more destructive than a man lying to get a piece of tail, and hurting a woman's feelings. In no way, shape or form, has he tried to male it out like women are more evil than men, IN EVERY ASPECT of life.

I AM THE ONE THAT WILL SAY THAT, NOT HIM.

12/7/2015 8:02:27 PM Honesty Or Offensive?  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,812)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
48, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

offensive