Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skip the games

From virtual dating across the globe to struggling via lockdowns with loved ones, here are their stories. dating in nederland They have been going on virtual dates and functioning their way via the New York Times 36 Queries That Lead to Love. She was upset but understood — or so I believed. nerd night speed dating Seeking over my profile, I recognized the girl it described, and this time, I liked her.

hookup sites with free trials

He told her he cheated simply because he was utilised to getting with hot females and wanted a treat. personals champaign il My son, Jack, 6, was playing with his 4 year old, Gabe. Of course, there s never a assure as your date may possibly only be showing you what they want to show, but it is by no means bad to commence finding out extra about their history. how to use happn app free One in 5 (20%) stated that they control who gets to see their profile photo.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/26/2015 7:10:34 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.”

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/26/2015 7:36:57 PM Jesus is coming again  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,507)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Yes OP... Jesus Is Coming Soon... I have seen the signs for 66 years now.

12/26/2015 7:46:02 PM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from cupocheer:
Yes OP... Jesus Is Coming Soon... I have seen the signs for 66 years now.

Christians have been seeing those signs for 2000 years now ..... I have news for you ..... it ain't gonna happen.

Peace

12/26/2015 7:59:12 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:

Christians have been seeing those signs for 2000 years now ..... I have news for you ..... it ain't gonna happen.

Peace

and when it does then what, will you believe or be ready

12/26/2015 9:07:12 PM Jesus is coming again  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Sail...1,000 years is but one blink of the eye of God.

I am not trying to make you believe what I believe. I am only letting you know what I believe, my friend.

12/26/2015 10:41:14 PM Jesus is coming again  

blake6972
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,185)
Bunker Hill, WV
44, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:

Peace

You are right they have been saying that... But certain prophecies have and will need to be fulfilled before that happens.

It will happen sails. At the least , agree to disagree.

The generation of believers now have more authority to have more confidence now then in the times past concerning the return of The Lord, due to the obvious unfolding of The Word of God.

12/26/2015 11:49:26 PM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,984)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from blake6972:

You are right they have been saying that... But certain prophecies have and will need to be fulfilled before that happens.

No they won't. That's just your belief.

12/26/2015 11:58:32 PM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

I don't believe anyone comes back from the dead, but if it was hypothetically possible, I'd vote for John Lennon and George Harrison to come back. Perhaps if they did so the time would be right to reform the Beatles and play a few oldies. Hopefully Yoko wouldn't interfere and throw a Spaniard in the works.

[Edited 12/26/2015 11:59:51 PM ]

12/27/2015 12:04:19 AM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,067)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Jesus is indeed coming again.

12/27/2015 12:13:07 AM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

He's missed the chance to put in an appearance for Christmas. That would have been quite good. Maybe he could have denounced consumerism or promoted his own design of Jesus sandals with all the proceeds from sales going to charity.

12/27/2015 12:16:20 AM Jesus is coming again  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
I don't believe anyone comes back from the dead, but if it was hypothetically possible, I'd vote for John Lennon and George Harrison to come back. Perhaps if they did so the time would be right to reform the Beatles and play a few oldies. Hopefully Yooko wouldn't interfere and throw a Spaniard in the works.

Clarence.. As long as I have been on this site I have always considered you quite knowledgeable about religious matters, however I believe this quoted post is one of the most ridiculous comments you have ever uttered. Is it raining in England and you are going stir crazy from having to stay indoors?

If a person stops breathing, has no pulse, and is non responsive but medical personnel was able to apply life support to that person and bring their physical body back to life what would you consider that would be called?

12/27/2015 12:24:16 AM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from cupocheer:
Is it raining in England and you are going stir crazy from having to stay indoors?

Now you mention it, we've had severe rains on Boxing Day with flooding in some areas. Cop an eyeful of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35184999

12/27/2015 2:23:01 AM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.”

176:4.5 Only one thing we are certain of, that is, when he does return, all the world will likely know about it, for he must come as the supreme ruler of a universe and not as the obscure babe of Bethlehem. But if every eye is to behold him, and if only spiritual eyes are to discern his presence, then must his advent be long deferred. -The Urantia Book

The end times may well be coming wayn, but that doesn't mean Jesus is coming at that time. Does the bible say that, or is that just an assumption, that Jesus and the end times are going to happen at the same time? We're not spiritual enough for Him to return here at this time. We're just as primitive as they were 2000 years ago.

12/27/2015 2:32:38 AM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from cupocheer:
Is it raining in England and you are going stir crazy from having to stay indoors?

Now you mention it, we've had severe rains on Boxing Day with flooding in some areas. Cop an eyeful of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35184999

Eastern New Mexico, Roswell to Clovis, and western Texas, Amarillo, Lubbock, are getting 20 inches of snow driven by 65 mph winds in places, and 10 foot snow drifts.

12/27/2015 3:11:33 AM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
I don't believe anyone comes back from the dead, but if it was hypothetically possible, I'd vote for John Lennon and George Harrison to come back. Perhaps if they did so the time would be right to reform the Beatles and play a few oldies. Hopefully Yoko wouldn't interfere and throw a Spaniard in the works.

That's very good, Clarence, "a Spaniard in the works." Good wrench pun. Right? I liked it. I wonder if anyone else got it. Also, I don't think cupocheer knows how dead you mean when you say no one comes back. I agree. It doesn't happen.

12/27/2015 7:08:57 AM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from followjesusonly:
That's very good, Clarence, "a Spaniard in the works." Good wrench pun. Right?

I was alluding there to one of John's poetry books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Spaniard_in_the_Works

[Edited 12/27/2015 7:09:23 AM ]

12/27/2015 10:05:19 AM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Jesus is indeed coming again.

Dead people don't come.

12/27/2015 10:22:04 AM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from aphrodisianus:
Dead people don't come.

But they have been known to get stiff erections.

Peace

12/27/2015 10:30:54 AM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from sail_dancer:
But they have been known to get stiff erections.

Peace

While Jesus said some nice things about how good life is when you're dead, like someone with bipolar disorder, he did flip out and acted like a prick. He insisted, as any insecure megalomaniac would, to hate yourself to follow him. He said if you're not with him you're against him. He insisted you sell everything you own. He also hated any of his merry men to lust for woman, a trait seen in jealous homosexuals fear the competition.

12/27/2015 11:19:58 AM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

if you want a real story that is found in Daniel and revelation

12/27/2015 11:33:47 AM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from wayn49:
if you want a real story that is found in Daniel and revelation

And this is the second topic you should talk about when you consult that licensed mental health professional.

Revelation? ..... a true story?

Peace

12/27/2015 12:38:36 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from sail_dancer:
And this is the second topic you should talk about when you consult that licensed mental health professional.

Revelation? ..... a true story?

Peace

i did, i talked to God and he is a good professional

12/27/2015 12:42:09 PM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Jesus said that we must hate ourselves, but He didn't mean this exactly literally. He meant that we should not indulge the flesh. He meant that eating and drinking and merry-making should be done in moderation, and that sex should be done only by married couples, and then only without using contraceptives.

Joe Jones was watching the Superbowl one year. It was a great, tough, and close game. At halftime the phone rang---it was Joe's sister, whose car had broken down on a desolate highway.

"Hold on, Sis, I'll come and get you." Joe sacrificed watching the Superbowl for his sister. That's the kind of self hatred Jesus was talking about. He wasn't talking about cutting oneself the way some sad teenage girls do these days.

12/27/2015 12:42:35 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Daniel 1:1-2 “In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it. 2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.”

Jerusalem was besieged 2 more times, once under the reign of Jehoiachin 597 B.C. and secondly under the reign of Zedekiah in 586 B.C. in the which, Jerusalem’s walls were pulled down also the temple, and the city was burned only leaving husbandmen to tend to crops. (2 Kings 24 & 25; 2 Chronicles 36)

i can prove this one...continued

12/27/2015 1:13:41 PM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from wayn49:
i did, i talked to God and he is a good professional

You really are a sick man, Wayne.

Peace

12/27/2015 10:35:06 PM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from followjesusonly:
That's very good, Clarence, "a Spaniard in the works." Good wrench pun. Right?

I was alluding there to one of John's poetry books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Spaniard_in_the_Works

Wikipedia says:

A Spaniard in the Works is a book from 1965 by John Lennon. The book consists of nonsensical stories and drawings similar to the style of his previous book, 1964's In His Own Write. The name is a pun on the expression "a spanner in the works".

Did you know that? It's a good wrench pun. LOL. I was right.

12/28/2015 5:53:01 AM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from wayn49:
i can prove this one...continued

Who cares?

What will proving that do?

What christian dogma will that proof substantiate? ..... NONE!

Peace

12/28/2015 6:02:46 AM Jesus is coming again  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

sheesh Sail...what will his attempting to substantiate something matter in the whole scheme of things, where you are concerned, if it makes him happy to do so?

Gorsh.. You just post empty rhetoric in these threads why can't he be permitted to do the same without ridicule?

12/28/2015 6:59:06 AM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from cupocheer:
sheesh Sail...what will his attempting to substantiate something matter in the whole scheme of things, where you are concerned, if it makes him happy to do so?

Is it a matter of being happy about nonsense beliefs? Is ignorance bliss? Yes, this is what you want.

Gorsh.. You just post empty rhetoric in these threads why can't he be permitted to do the same without ridicule?
If something is ridiculous it gets ridiculed. All that means it's being exposed for what it is; ridiculous.

12/28/2015 10:05:37 AM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Cupocheer, the secularists do not have any logic to refute tge obvious truths that God exists and that Jesus is His Son. So they resort to ridicule. They have done this all through history. On Judgment Day their belly laughs will turn to shock, anguish, and eternal gnashing of teeth.

12/28/2015 10:49:08 AM Jesus is coming again  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,628)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Cupocheer, the secularists do not have any logic to refute tge obvious truths that God exists and that Jesus is His Son. So they resort to ridicule. They have done this all through history. On Judgment Day their belly laughs will turn to shock, anguish, and eternal gnashing of teeth.

Obvious truths? If they were obvious truths then they would be universal, and they are not!
If they were truths then there should be evidence to prove them, your god could make an appearance and explain the incongruences in the differing understandings of the bible.
Afterall a god who can supposedly create the universe can explain what he intended clearly and distinctly, couldn't he?
If god cares so much wouldn't he be willing to make a public service announcement ?
Why is there so much confusion about what he wants?

Possibilities;
1 god doesn't care
2 god wants humans to disobey so he can punish people
3 there is no god & the bible was written by men to start another religion to control people

#3 is my personal pick

12/28/2015 11:00:06 AM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

Quote from olderthandirt20:
Obvious truths? If they were obvious truths then they would be universal, and they are not!
If they were truths then there should be evidence to prove them, your god could make an appearance and explain the incongruences in the differing understandings of the bible.
Afterall a god who can supposedly create the universe can explain what he intended clearly and distinctly, couldn't he?
If god cares so much wouldn't he be willing to make a public service announcement ?
Why is there so much confusion about what he wants?

Possibilities;
1 god doesn't care
2 god wants humans to disobey so he can punish people
3 there is no god & the bible was written by men to start another religion to control people

#3 is my personal pick

Peace

12/28/2015 12:03:26 PM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

"Secularists" is wrong terminology that you continue to misuse, despite your claimed 121 IQ. A secularist is someone who believes there should be no interference by religious institutions in affairs of state. "Atheists and agnostics" would be more accurate.

It isn't an obvious truth that a God exists — either the Christian version or any other. God/s and other supernatural entities are definable as persons with minds, but lacking physical matter. As humans endowed with language and social brains we are capable of imagining the concept of disembodied intelligences, but there's no reason to believe they exist. If anything is obvious, it appears to be that the universe can create intelligence in biological entities such as ourselves, and not that a magical dismebodied kind of intelligence created the universe.

Jesus as God's son is a question in itself. The interesting issue there is did Jesus himself believe he was God's son, and what would this mean anyway? All Jews in the time of Jesus considered themselves sons and daughters of God, and Jewish kings were sons of God by adoption when they were literally anointed with oil at their coronations. An early Christian group, the Ebionites, held the view that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah, but also a fully human male. The Ebionites were stamped out by the proto-orthodox crowd, and disappeared in the 4th century together with all their writings. Their views are known only through what was preserved by the church fathers in their heresiological denunciatory literature. For my money, I think Jesus was just a Jewish apocalyptic prophet and a fully human bloke with no supernatural attributes, with his elevation to divine being status having a lot to do with appeasing pagan converts by incorporating elements from Roman and Greek culture, which had a tradition of deifying Caesars and other prominent figures. According to a theory I read of in a Bart Ehrman book, the Apostle Paul believed Jesus to be an angel — in fact God's chief angel. That's an interesting one, and there's textual support for it in one of Paul's letters that I won't go into here.

As for your relish in imagining those who disagree with you enduring the wailing and gnashing of teeth — I think it just shows you're a sadistic fire and brimstone Protestant with a thin veneer of Catholicism. Most Catholics are embarrased by that stuff and keep schtum about it, although it's there in the doctrinal literature. My view is that Jesus's preachings were intended for Jews only, and he assimilated his ideas about a resurrection and a Judgement of recalcitrant Jews from Jewish apocalypticism and authors such as whoever wrote the book of Daniel, who said:

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

[Edited 12/28/2015 12:05:54 PM ]

12/28/2015 1:21:56 PM Jesus is coming again  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,555)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from wayn49:

That's from The Revelation of John, which Jesus didn't write. Did Jesus himself say he was coming again? I'm sceptical. The synoptic Gospels are thought to be potentially the most reliable records of what Jesus may have said, and in the apocalyptic passages, he talks about the coming of the "Son of Man", but in a way that suggests he isn't talking about himself. Perhaps he had in mind the Enochian or the Danielic Son of Man.

Note how Jesus says in all those passages how his listening audience will be alive to see the coming of the Son of Man, and apparently the early Christians conflated the Son of Man with Jesus himself and took Jesus at his word:

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who have died, so that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have died. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died. For the Lord himself, with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call and with the sound of God’s trumpet, will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will be with the Lord forever. (1Thessalonians 4:13-18)

Hmm. looks like a failed prophecy to me.

12/28/2015 6:15:28 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

the revelation of Jesus Christ it says and John on the island of Patmos around 95 AD wrote this book that Jesus gave him in a vision

beast in prophecy represent a kingdom, nation or power. Daniel describes to us and history confirms it, that the 4 great beast were Babylon, medes-persians, greece and Rome. Rome fell into 10 horns which represent 10 smaller kingdoms of western Europe. that division happened between the years 351 AD and 476 AD. Rome ruled from 168 BC to 476 AD. all this Daniel sees in a vision in chapters 7, 8 and chapters 11 and 12. the little horn power that arose as Rome fell was the papacy which actually emerged in 508 AD and was in full control of Europe by 538 AD. this power was responsible for destroying 3 of the 10 kingdoms that Rome fell into. the first was the heruli in 494 AD, and the second was the vandals in 534 AD and last was the ostrogoths in 538 AD.

this little horn was said to rule for a time, times and a half of time. this same principle can be found in revelation chapter 12 verse 14. and it is also used in chapter 12 verse 6 as 1260 days. according to prophetic time reckoning year is used for a day. and time represents a year, and times two years and a half of time is 6 months or a half of a year. its the same number as 1260 days or years. in a biblical month there were 30 days. and in a year 360 days. as we just saw, we have 3 and a half years. 360 times 3 and a half is 1260 days each day for a year in prophetic time. so the papacy rules from 538 AD to 1798 AD

here is what was said in Daniel 7: 23-26

Daniel 7:23-26 “Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.”

revelation just picks it up from this prophecy in Daniel and tells us what will happen to the papacy and how it will play a role in the end before Jesus returns. the chapters that explain this is revelation chapters 13, 14.

12/28/2015 6:48:37 PM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

The papacy did not start in 508 a.d. In 508 a.d. Symmachus was pope, the fifty-first pope of the Church. The papacy started circa 29 a.d. when Jesus appointed Peter to be the first pope. We have an historical list of tge popes going back to Peter. Linus was the second pope, Cletus the third, Clement the fourth, and so on.

Get your history straight, Wayn.

12/28/2015 6:52:08 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The papacy did not start in 508 a.d. In 508 a.d. Symmachus was pope, the fifty-first pope of the Church. The papacy started circa 29 a.d. when Jesus appointed Peter to be the first pope. We have an historical list of tge popes going back to Peter. Linus was the second pope, Cletus the third, Clement the fourth, and so on.

lud i have studied this and yes they did and it is history

12/28/2015 7:21:55 PM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

How could the papacy have started in 508 a.d. if Symmachus became pope in 498 a.d.?

12/28/2015 8:09:10 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,770)
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from sail_dancer:

Consider the prophecy in the book of Daniel.

Daniel 2:35

"Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth."

The "iron & clay," from Babylon's King Nebuchadnezzar's dream is beyond question, today's western European nations. That's it. There are no other kingdoms after that.

This "stone" is reminiscent of Jesus words when He spoke:

Matthew 21:44

"And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."

I'd rather be broken on this "Stone," than ground to powder

12/28/2015 9:45:08 PM Jesus is coming again  
josiemae
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,293)
District Heights, MD
59, joined Jan. 2008

It is over 2000 years that we have heard that Christ is coming back - he hasn't returned yet. Have we considered the mercy and grace that God has extended to us - the human race - to submit to him? So how can we ever think that we should not deserve punishment for our sins or the hardness four hearts?

[Edited 12/28/2015 9:46:00 PM ]

12/29/2015 5:27:08 AM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from josiemae:
It is over 2000 years that we have heard that Christ is coming back - he hasn't returned yet. Have we considered the mercy and grace that God has extended to us - the human race - to submit to him? So how can we ever think that we should not deserve punishment for our sins or the hardness four hearts?

You're obviously self loathing and mentally disturbed. Have you seen a psychologist?

12/29/2015 12:27:45 PM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

THE MASTER’S SECOND COMING

176:2.1 On several occasions Jesus had made statements which led his hearers to infer that, while he intended presently to leave this world, he would most certainly return to consummate the work of the heavenly kingdom. As the conviction grew on his followers that he was going to leave them, and after he had departed from this world, it was only natural for all believers to lay fast hold upon these promises to return. The doctrine of the second coming of Christ thus became early incorporated into the teachings of the Christians, and almost every subsequent generation of disciples has devoutly believed this truth and has confidently looked forward to his sometime coming.

176:2.2 If they were to part with their Master and Teacher, how much more did these first disciples and the apostles grasp at this promise to return, and they lost no time in associating the predicted destruction of Jerusalem with this promised second coming. And they continued thus to interpret his words notwithstanding that, throughout this evening of instruction on Mount Olivet, the Master took particular pains to prevent just such a mistake.

176:2.3 In further answer to Peter’s question, Jesus said: “Why do you still look for the Son of Man to sit upon the throne of David and expect that the material dreams of the Jews will be fulfilled? Have I not told you all these years that my kingdom is not of this world? The things which you now look down upon are coming to an end, but this will be a new beginning out of which the gospel of the kingdom will go to all the world and this salvation will spread to all peoples. And when the kingdom shall have come to its full fruition, be assured that the Father in heaven will not fail to visit you with an enlarged revelation of truth and an enhanced demonstration of righteousness, even as he has already bestowed upon this world him who became the prince of darkness, and then Adam, who was followed by Melchizedek, and in these days, the Son of Man. And so will my Father continue to manifest his mercy and show forth his love, even to this dark and evil world. So also will I, after my Father has invested me with all power and authority, continue to follow your fortunes and to guide in the affairs of the kingdom by the presence of my spirit, who shall shortly be poured out upon all flesh. Even though I shall thus be present with you in spirit, I also promise that I will sometime return to this world, where I have lived this life in the flesh and achieved the experience of simultaneously revealing God to man and leading man to God. Very soon must I leave you and take up the work the Father has intrusted to my hands, but be of good courage, for I will sometime return. In the meantime, my Spirit of the Truth of a universe shall comfort and guide you.

176:2.4 “You behold me now in weakness and in the flesh, but when I return, it shall be with power and in the spirit. The eye of flesh beholds the Son of Man in the flesh, but only the eye of the spirit will behold the Son of Man glorified by the Father and appearing on earth in his own name.

176:2.5 “But the times of the reappearing of the Son of Man are known only in the councils of Paradise; not even the angels of heaven know when this will occur. However, you should understand that, when this gospel of the kingdom shall have been proclaimed to all the world for the salvation of all peoples, and when the fullness of the age has come to pass, the Father will send you another dispensational bestowal, or else the Son of Man will return to adjudge the age.

176:2.6 “And now concerning the travail of Jerusalem, about which I have spoken to you, even this generation will not pass away until my words are fulfilled; but concerning the times of the coming again of the Son of Man, no one in heaven or on earth may presume to speak. But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near.

176:2.7 “But what is the significance of this teaching having to do with the coming of the Sons of God? Do you not perceive that, when each of you is called to lay down his life struggle and pass through the portal of death, you stand in the immediate presence of judgment, and that you are face to face with the facts of a new dispensation of service in the eternal plan of the infinite Father? What the whole world must face as a literal fact at the end of an age, you, as individuals, must each most certainly face as a personal experience when you reach the end of your natural life and thereby pass on to be confronted with the conditions and demands inherent in the next revelation of the eternal progression of the Father’s kingdom.”

176:2.8 Of all the discourses which the Master gave his apostles, none ever became so confused in their minds as this one, given this Tuesday evening on the Mount of Olives, regarding the twofold subject of the destruction of Jerusalem and his own second coming. There was, therefore, little agreement between the subsequent written accounts based on the memories of what the Master said on this extraordinary occasion. Consequently, when the records were left blank concerning much that was said that Tuesday evening, there grew up many traditions; and very early in the second century a Jewish apocalyptic about the Messiah written by one Selta, who was attached to the court of the Emperor Caligula, was bodily copied into the Matthew Gospel and subsequently added (in part) to the Mark and Luke records. It was in these writings of Selta that the parable of the ten virgins appeared. No part of the gospel record ever suffered such confusing misconstruction as this evening’s teaching. But the Apostle John never became thus confused.

176:2.9 As these thirteen men resumed their journey toward the camp, they were speechless and under great emotional tension. Judas had finally confirmed his decision to abandon his associates. It was a late hour when David Zebedee, John Mark, and a number of the leading disciples welcomed Jesus and the twelve to the new camp, but the apostles did not want to sleep; they wanted to know more about the destruction of Jerusalem, the Master’s departure, and the end of the world. -The Urantia Book

12/29/2015 12:29:14 PM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
the revelation of Jesus Christ it says and John on the island of Patmos around 95 AD wrote this book that Jesus gave him in a vision

beast in prophecy represent a kingdom, nation or power. Daniel describes to us and history confirms it, that the 4 great beast were Babylon, medes-persians, greece and Rome. Rome fell into 10 horns which represent 10 smaller kingdoms of western Europe. that division happened between the years 351 AD and 476 AD. Rome ruled from 168 BC to 476 AD. all this Daniel sees in a vision in chapters 7, 8 and chapters 11 and 12. the little horn power that arose as Rome fell was the papacy which actually emerged in 508 AD and was in full control of Europe by 538 AD. this power was responsible for destroying 3 of the 10 kingdoms that Rome fell into. the first was the heruli in 494 AD, and the second was the vandals in 534 AD and last was the ostrogoths in 538 AD.

this little horn was said to rule for a time, times and a half of time. this same principle can be found in revelation chapter 12 verse 14. and it is also used in chapter 12 verse 6 as 1260 days. according to prophetic time reckoning year is used for a day. and time represents a year, and times two years and a half of time is 6 months or a half of a year. its the same number as 1260 days or years. in a biblical month there were 30 days. and in a year 360 days. as we just saw, we have 3 and a half years. 360 times 3 and a half is 1260 days each day for a year in prophetic time. so the papacy rules from 538 AD to 1798 AD

here is what was said in Daniel 7: 23-26

Daniel 7:23-26 “Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.”

revelation just picks it up from this prophecy in Daniel and tells us what will happen to the papacy and how it will play a role in the end before Jesus returns. the chapters that explain this is revelation chapters 13, 14.

139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form. -The Urantia Book

12/29/2015 12:34:45 PM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

The Origin of the Papacy

by Moisés Pinedo

The Bible clearly teaches that Peter was not the first pope and that he was simply one of the apostles of Jesus (see Pinedo, 2008a; 2008b). The question remains: “When did the papacy begin?” Since the Bible authorizes no hierarchy like the papacy, we will focus our attention on history to learn how it came into existence.

When Christ established His church in the first century (A.D. 30; cf. Acts 2), “He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors [i.e., bishops or elders] and teachers” (Ephesians 4:11). Jesus never elevated one bishop over others, but rather established an equable office for service. Sadly, man deviated from the original biblical pattern in search of power, honor, and deification. The first indication of this deviation was the distinction among the terms “bishops,” “elders,” and “pastors”—titles which the New Testament writers used interchangeably (e.g., Acts 20:17,28; Titus 1:5,7; 1 Peter 5:1-4). The title “Bishop” was given more significance and applied to only one man who was given sole authority over a local congregation, unlike bishops during apostolic times (cf. Acts 14:23; 15:4; 20:17; Titus 1:5; James 5:14). Soon, the “Bishop” ruled over not only one congregation, but over a “diocese,” several congregations in a city or an entire district (see Miller and Stevens, 1969, 44).

With the influence of Constantine (A.D. 280-337), who made Christianity a “religion of power,” the bishops strengthened and increased their privileges. During this time there were five metropolises: Rome, Alexandria, Antioch, Constantinople, and Jerusalem. Rome in the West and Constantinople in the East gained greater prominence because of their locations (Mattox, 1961, p. 137). While the power of the episcopacy grew in these cities, so did the controversy over which of these two cities, and their representative churches and bishops, should have supremacy.

On October 10, 366, a man named Damasus was elected Bishop of Rome. He was an energetic man who fought for the pontificate against his opponent Ursinus, another bishop elected by a small number of followers (see “Damasus I,” 1997, 3:865-866). During his pontificate, Damasus fought to confirm his position in the Church of Rome. He also fought to compel the other cities to recognize the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome over all other bishops. Damasus even went as far as to assert that the “Church of Rome was supreme over all others, not because of what the council [of Rome in 369 and of Antioch in 378—MP] decided, but rather because Jesus placed Peter above the rest, elevating him as the cornerstone of the church itself” (“Saint Damasus,” 2005).

In spite of Damasus’ efforts to establish the preeminence of Rome and his pontificate, he did not finish his work. After his death in December 384, Siricius was elected as the Pontiff of Rome. He was less educated than Damasus, but empowered himself with a higher level of authority than other bishops had demanded. Siricius claimed inherent authority without consideration of the Scriptures. He demanded, and threatened others, in order to gain more and more power. He was the first to refer to himself as Peter’s heir (see Merdinger, 1997, p. 26). Siricius died on November 26, 399. Without a doubt, he and Damasus were principal forces behind the development of a universal ecclesiastical hierarchy.

In 440, Leo I became the pontiff. He was an ardent defender of the supremacy of the Roman bishop over the bishops in the East. In a declaration to the Bishop of Constantinople, he stated:

Constantinople has its own glory and by the mercy of God has become the seat of the empire. But secular matters are based on one thing, and ecclesiastical matters on another. Nothing will stand which is not built on the Rock which the Lord laid in the foundation.... Your city is royal but you cannot make it Apostolic (quoted in Mattox, 1961, pp. 139-140).

The supremacy referred to by Leo I was based on the assumption that the Lord exalted Rome, including its church and pontiff, over other major cities because of traditions about Peter. By that time it was accepted as “fact” that Peter had been the first Bishop of Rome and that he had been martyred there. Those traditions, along with Rome’s legacy as an evangelistic influence in the first century, gave the city a “divine aura” that supposedly connected it to the apostolic age and distinguished it from other cities. These beliefs greatly influenced the development of a hierarchy in the church.

On September 13, 590, Gregory the Great was named Bishop of Rome. He was another advocate of Petrine tradition, and named himself “Pope” and the “Head of the Universal Church.” By the end of his pontificate, the theory of Peter’s primacy and that of the Bishop of Rome was firmly established. Finally, with the appearance of Boniface III on the papal throne on February 19, 607, Roman papacy became universally accepted. Boniface III lived only a few months after his election. Many other bishops followed his legacy of “runners for supremacy.”

The apostle Paul told the Ephesians, “For the husband is the head of the wife, and Christ also is the head of the church, being Himself the savior of the body” (5:23, emp. added). Just as there should be only one husband with authority over one wife, there is only one Person with authority over the one church. That Person is Jesus Christ!

12/29/2015 12:56:01 PM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

We have an historical list of popes going back to Peter. Linus became the second pope when Peter was martyred in 67 a.d. (Peter, in addition yo being the first pope, was the longest reigning pope at 34 years). Linus was martyred himself nine years later and was suceeded by Cletus. Cletus' successor was Clement I, famous for settling a schism in Turkey, even though the apostle John was still alive and closer to the scene.

12/29/2015 3:15:49 PM Jesus is coming again  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

12/29/2015 6:13:14 PM Jesus is coming again  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
How could the papacy have started in 508 a.d. if Symmachus became pope in 498 a.d.?

The Papacy rose out of the fourth beast/Rome.
It also rose after the 10 divisions of the western Roman empire in 476 A.D., as it rose to full supremacy in 538 A.D.
The Papacy rose out of Rome itself, showing that it came up amongst the 10 divisions of the western Roman empire.

The 3 horns were the Heruli, Vandals and the Ostrogoths. All three held to the doctrine of Arianism, (this teaches that Jesus is not “God” but that is in fact a created being, he came forth from the Father at some time in eternity past). These were vehemently opposed to the Papacy and were obstructing them from rising to full supremacy. Odoacer, king of the Heruli, took the throne of Italy in 476 A.D. Gibbon, Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Vol 4, chapter 36, pg 58. The Heruli were an oppressing power to the Papacy and thus needed to be removed. Zeno, emperor of the East, and a friend of the pope, was anxious to drive Odoacer out of Italy. Machiavelli, pg 6. This he saw done by Theodoric who had taken the throne of the Ostrogoths, and was on friendly terms with him. Theodoric wrote a letter to Zeno asking permission to take his Goths to some more favourable region, which they might conquer and possess. Zeno gave permission to march against Odoacer and take possession of Italy. The war lasted 3 years until in 493 A.D. the Heruli were overthrown and Odoacer treacherously slain. At this time we think it appropriate to quote from Machiavelli’s History of Florence, pg 14; “Nearly all the wars which the northern barbarians carried on in Italy, it may be here remarked, were occasioned by the pontiffs; and the hordes with which the country was inundated, were generally called in by them.” So though the hands of the Roman pontiffs might not be visibly manifest in the movements upon the political board, they constituted the power working assiduously behind the scenes to secure their own purposes.

The Vandals were the second to be uprooted. In 533 A.D. Emperor Justinian, who ruled from Constantinople in the east, decreed that the Bishop of Rome was the Universal Bishop over the entire church (today the Pope remains the universal bishop over the Roman Catholic Church by reason of this decree). But the Catholics were suffering a violent persecution from the Arian Vandals of northern Africa. They were intolerant of the Catholics and termed them heretics. Thus unless they could be removed the Papacy could not rise to the power of Justinian’s decree. Justinian sent his ablest General Belisarius to north Africa and totally wiped the Vandals from the face of the earth in the year 534 A.D., thus uprooting the second horn.

This only left the Arian tribe of the Ostrogoths, who had the throne of Italy and were restraining the power of the Papacy. They too were defeated by Belisarius in the year 538 A.D., leaving not enough of them to have their heritage remain. Justinian’s decree could take effect now as the three horns of opposition had been removed (Heruli, Vandals, and the Ostrogoths). The Papacy now had full supremacy, 538 A.D.

12/29/2015 7:15:07 PM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Pope Symmachus was the pope in 508. He was not the first pope, he was the 51st. By 508 he had already been pope for ten years. Peter was the first pope, Linus the second, Cletus the the third, Clement the fourth, and so on. Melchiades, the 33rd pope, was reigning when Constantine made Christianity legal in 313---every pope, except maybe one or two, prior to Melchiades was martyred by tge pagan Roman government. Check a good history book.

12/29/2015 8:40:24 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from clarence2:
I don't believe anyone comes back from the dead

Well, Clarence, here are some things to consider, including some significant statements from your Countryman......

Fact #1: After his crucifixion, Jesus was buried by Joseph of Arimathea in the tomb. This fact is highly significant because it means that the location of Jesus’s tomb was known to Jew and Christian alike. In that case it becomes inexplicable how belief in his resurrection could arise and flourish in the face of a tomb containing his corpse. According to the late John A. T. Robinson of Cambridge University, the honorable burial of Jesus is one of "the earliest and best-attested facts about Jesus."15

Fact #2: On the Sunday morning following the crucifixion, the tomb of Jesus was found empty by a group of his women followers. According to Jakob Kremer, an Austrian specialist on the resurrection, "By far most exegetes hold firmly to the reliability of the biblical statements concerning the empty tomb."16 As D. H. van Daalen points out, "It is extremely difficult to object to the empty tomb on historical grounds; those who deny it do so on the basis of theological or philosophical assumptions."17

Fact #3: On multiple occasions and under various circumstances, different individuals and groups of people experienced appearances of Jesus alive from the dead. This is a fact that is almost universally acknowledged among New Testament scholars today. Even Gert Lüdemann, perhaps the most prominent current critic of the resurrection, admits, "It may be taken as historically certain that Peter and the disciples had experiences after Jesus’s death in which Jesus appeared to them as the risen Christ."18

Fact #4: The original disciples believed that Jesus was risen from the dead despite their having every reason not to. Despite having every predisposition to the contrary, it is an undeniable fact of history that the original disciples believed in, proclaimed, and were willing to go to their deaths for the fact of Jesus’s resurrection. C. F. D. Moule of Cambridge University concludes that we have here a belief which nothing in terms of prior historical influences can account for—apart from the resurrection itself.19

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-evidence-for-jesus#ixzz3vlffb93R

12/29/2015 8:48:20 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Oops. Forgot to include the footnotes; sorry (please see quotes, and below, 15, 17, 18, 19)

Quote from walt_oftheearth:
Well, Clarence, here are some things to consider, including some significant statements from your Countryman......

Fact #1: After his crucifixion, Jesus was buried by Joseph of Arimathea in the tomb. This fact is highly significant because it means that the location of Jesus’s tomb was known to Jew and Christian alike. In that case it becomes inexplicable how belief in his resurrection could arise and flourish in the face of a tomb containing his corpse. According to the late John A. T. Robinson of Cambridge University, the honorable burial of Jesus is one of "the earliest and best-attested facts about Jesus."15

Fact #2: On the Sunday morning following the crucifixion, the tomb of Jesus was found empty by a group of his women followers. According to Jakob Kremer, an Austrian specialist on the resurrection, "By far most exegetes hold firmly to the reliability of the biblical statements concerning the empty tomb."16 As D. H. van Daalen points out, "It is extremely difficult to object to the empty tomb on historical grounds; those who deny it do so on the basis of theological or philosophical assumptions."17

Fact #3: On multiple occasions and under various circumstances, different individuals and groups of people experienced appearances of Jesus alive from the dead. This is a fact that is almost universally acknowledged among New Testament scholars today. Even Gert Lüdemann, perhaps the most prominent current critic of the resurrection, admits, "It may be taken as historically certain that Peter and the disciples had experiences after Jesus’s death in which Jesus appeared to them as the risen Christ."18

Fact #4: The original disciples believed that Jesus was risen from the dead despite their having every reason not to. Despite having every predisposition to the contrary, it is an undeniable fact of history that the original disciples believed in, proclaimed, and were willing to go to their deaths for the fact of Jesus’s resurrection. C. F. D. Moule of Cambridge University concludes that we have here a belief which nothing in terms of prior historical influences can account for—apart from the resurrection itself.19

15 John A. T. Robinson, The Human Face of God (Philadelphia: Westminster, 1973), p. 131.

17 D. H. Van Daalen, The Real Resurrection (London: Collins, 1972), p. 41.

18 Gerd Lüdemann, What Really Happened to Jesus?, trans. John Bowden (Louisville, Kent.: Westminster John Knox Press, 1995), p. 80.

19 C. F. D. Moule and Don Cupitt, "The Resurrection: a Disagreement," Theology 75 (1972): 507-19.

12/29/2015 8:52:26 PM Jesus is coming again  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,821)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
48, joined Jun. 2014

the question is do people know what the world will be like when he does come

12/29/2015 9:12:41 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from jester0011:
the question is do people know what the world will be like when he does come

Here are some things to consider, and soberly:

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." (Matthew 24:30-31)

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (Matthew 24:37-39)

"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38)

"And in the days of these kings [kingdoms of western Europe] shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." ~ Daniel ch 2

12/29/2015 9:24:06 PM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Those are just four facts about your very own mental illness. Religious delusions aren't facts. They're religious delusions which is why you believe in them.

What you failed to post the freak show where a whole bunch dead people zombied themselves around town.

Matthew 27:53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[a] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Fact#1 : Dead people stay dead because hmmmm they're dead.
Fact#2 : You're mentally ill.

12/29/2015 10:04:21 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

What you failed to post the freak show where a whole bunch dead people zombied themselves around town.

Matthew 27:53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[a] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

You know scripture, which is an indication that you had a Christian experience of some kind, which--based on how your react now--is a deep wound of some kind.

What happened in your Christian experience that has caused you to become so embittered?

Bitterness can spread very deep roots that may at some point cause you to never seek and find healing.

Just sayin'

12/29/2015 10:13:11 PM Jesus is coming again  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Fact#1 : Dead people stay dead because hmmmm they're dead.
Fact#2 : You're mentally ill.

Which one do you want to tackle first?

12/29/2015 10:15:50 PM Jesus is coming again  

walt_oftheearth
Avondale, AZ
61, joined Feb. 2008

You know scripture, which is an indication that you had a Christian experience of some kind, which--based on how your react now--is a deep wound of some kind.

What happened in your Christian experience that has caused you to become so embittered?

Bitterness can spread very deep roots that may at some point cause you to never seek and find healing.

Just sayin'

You did not address my most recent post to you. I wonder why.What happened in your Christian experience that has caused you to become so embittered?

[Edited 12/29/2015 10:16:50 PM ]

12/30/2015 1:25:51 AM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Pope Symmachus was the pope in 508. He was not the first pope, he was the 51st. By 508 he had already been pope for ten years. Peter was the first pope, Linus the second, Cletus the the third, Clement the fourth, and so on. Melchiades, the 33rd pope, was reigning when Constantine made Christianity legal in 313---every pope, except maybe one or two, prior to Melchiades was martyred by tge pagan Roman government. Check a good history book.

Peter could not possibly be the pope. After you say he was appointed pope by Jesus, the scriptures say:

Mat_18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

If Jesus had appointed Peter as pope, the apostles would never have asked that question.

12/30/2015 2:22:32 AM Jesus is coming again  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Is Barrack Obama the greatest of all Americans just because he is president? But he is the leader. Same with the pope and the Kingdom of God.

12/30/2015 2:23:37 AM Jesus is coming again  

sail_dancer
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010
online now!

You did not address my most recent post to you. I wonder why.What happened in your Christian experience that has caused you to become so embittered?

You tried to pull this shit on me a few weeks ago.

Why do you find it so hard to accept the fact that someone could just consider your christian dogma "bullshit" ..... based on their research on the subject?

Peace

12/30/2015 2:29:41 AM Jesus is coming again  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Peter could not possibly be the first pope:

"Now there arose a dispute among them, which of them was reputed to be the greatest. But he said to them, 'The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them, and they who exercise authority over them are called Benefactors. But not so with you. (Luke 22:24-26)

[Edited 12/30/2015 2:30:10 AM ]