Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

massage listcrawler

Till my gf discovered it out and it backed fire. jesup ga classifieds The century suggestions marriage, how to with young children, family members commitment to your religions separately or ought to you believe with each other as a family. These additional capabilities indicate a much better likelihood at achievement. craigslist vietnam housing Here s the location to ask inquiries and get support with Pregnancy and Parenting.

meet personals

We chatted, but I d discovered not to waste time and to meet in individual to check chemistry. nogales rio rico classifieds I told him I was deleting the app, gave him my number, and we went on our first date soon after a few weeks of texting. 1st dates can be slightly uncomfortable, no matter how strong that initial chemistry feels. case walker snapchat code Rooms and foremost, dating one particular is comfortable and safe.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

When did God ever say, I hereby endorse the Urantia Book?

When did God ever say, I hereby endorse this man Paul?

When did God ever say, "From now on I want you to call your Catholic priests, "Father," and I want you to call your priest in Rome, "The Holy Father"?

When did God ever say, "I want you to manufacture places called Hell, Limbo, and Purgatory?

When did God ever say, "I want you to pray to Mary to intercede for you"?

GOD THE SEVENFOLD

0:8.1 To atone for finity of status and to compensate for creature limitations of concept, the Universal Father has established the evolutionary creature’s sevenfold approach to Deity:

1. The Paradise Creator Sons.

2. The Ancients of Days.

3. The Seven Master Spirits.

4. The Supreme Being.

5. God the Spirit.

6. God the Son.

7. God the Father.

0:8.2 This sevenfold Deity personalization in time and space and to the seven superuniverses enables mortal man to attain the presence of God, who is spirit. This sevenfold Deity, to finite time-space creatures sometime power-personalizing in the Supreme Being, is the functional Deity of the mortal evolutionary creatures of the Paradise-ascension career. Such an experiential discovery-career of the realization of God begins with the recognition of the divinity of the Creator Son of the local universe and ascends through the superuniverse Ancients of Days and by way of the person of one of the Seven Master Spirits to the attainment of the discovery and recognition of the divine personality of the Universal Father on Paradise. -The Urantia Book

Why would God endorse racism, eugenics, and polytheism?

Your question is faulty. Please direct it to God or fix it and ask it again.

Ancient of Days - William Blake

2/25/2016 8:55:14 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,981)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Because they lack humility. Without humility no one can be saved.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/25/2016 8:59:21 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Because Christianity, Catholicism and the Pope possess no authority, except by consent of those who are subjects of those items through inherited tradition or personal choice. Other people are probably glad to be "saved" from having those beliefs.

2/25/2016 9:16:54 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Authority is a concept , we invented , to make ourselves an authority .

2/25/2016 9:17:58 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

And just who the f**k does the pope think he is, where he should have authority over anyone.

2/25/2016 9:45:21 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
And just who the f**k does the pope think he is, where he should have authority over anyone.

Who would accept the authority of a delusional man who wears a dress ..... a beanie ..... a pointed hat ..... and bright "red" shoes?

Peace

2/25/2016 11:13:22 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Who the does the Pope think he is? Jesus gave the Pope broad authority at Matthew 16:19.

2/25/2016 11:20:44 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,554)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Who the does the Pope think he is? Jesus gave the Pope broad authority at Matthew 16:19.

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

No one knows if Jesus ever spoke those words or any words. We can only talk about probabilities. This isn't a multiply attested saying so the probability is that it didn't originate with Jesus, and was invented by the early church for purposes of lending authority to the faction who used the book of Matthew. Geza Vermes says something to this effect in his book The Authentic Gospel of Jesus.

BTW, the alleged words of Jesus carry no authority either, except to Christians. This topic is more suited to the Christians forum.

[Edited 2/25/2016 11:21:54 AM ]

2/25/2016 11:26:57 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from clarence2:
BTW, the alleged words of Jesus carry no authority either, except to Christians. This topic is more suited to the Christians forum.

I agree!

Peace

2/25/2016 12:26:23 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,934)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Because the pope has no authority. It's all in your indoctrination.

2/25/2016 12:29:39 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Jesus did not. That's just your indoctrination talking. 86% of the world does not believe what you believe or your church's claims and assertions.

This entire thread is just trolling anyway.

2/25/2016 12:51:26 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from ludlowlowell:

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

No one knows if Jesus ever spoke those words or any words. We can only talk about probabilities. This isn't a multiply attested saying so the probability is that it didn't originate with Jesus, and was invented by the early church for purposes of lending authority to the faction who used the book of Matthew. Geza Vermes says something to this effect in his book The Authentic Gospel of Jesus.

Exactly, the Christian group. It shouldn't be here. It's outrageous and trollish to post a bible verse here just as if everyone accepts it and then claim it's about the Catholic church just as if everyone accepts that.

One flaw in Ludlow's statement is the misleading, "Jesus gave the Pope..."

There was no pope at that time. The word "pope" is not in the bible. Jesus never gave anything to any pope. Nor would Jesus ever give any authority to a church full of homosexual, pedophile clergy, and maybe even worse. The homosexuality and the pedophilia are probably just the tips of the sexual perversion iceberg of the Catholic church over the centuries. What was going on before mass media was able to expose them? It boggles the mind.

Everyone should hear this Catholic "video." It's an hour and a half and it's a bit of a hard listen (because of the nature of the subject matter) but everyone should give it a try if they can: https://youtu.be/H5TyNPG88aU

2/25/2016 12:54:21 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

If YOU had any humility you would obey God:

"Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

2/26/2016 1:21:20 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

"Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?"

I think just asking this question shows how out of touch with reality you are.

2/26/2016 4:02:17 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

w6o6l6f_1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,239)
Richmond, VA
38, joined May. 2014

Because I am not a Christian.

2/26/2016 6:25:41 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

The pope has authority over homosexual priests, pedophile priests and Vatican money laundering. Lud is just a deluded moron.

2/26/2016 7:43:40 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

https://youtu.be/6TxjrHPHypA

2/26/2016 8:18:25 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,836)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

nobody gave the pope authority over me.

2/26/2016 10:45:58 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

I believe humility is a great virtue. But when a Church stands on the ground that is is the only true religion, and those that don't recognize that are condemned to Hell. Humility seems to be lacking there. Or when they set themselves up as having authority over anyone, humility seems to be lacking. When they state they are the one true church that represents God on earth, humility is lacking. When they use fear of damnation to control the masses, humility seems to be lacking. When they teach that they can grant you salvation, if you follow there doctrine, and worship as they do. Humility is lacking in the Catholic Church Lud.

2/26/2016 1:19:56 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Everything has a purpose , if we cant see it , then we've barely scratched the surface .

2/26/2016 1:52:06 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from nonstandard:
Everything has a purpose , if we cant see it , then we've barely scratched the surface .

Funny, I just said the same thing in another post..lol.

2/26/2016 2:13:36 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

If someone claims authority when he or she lacks authority, that person is being proud. But when someone claims authority when one does have the authority, one is not being proud at all---one is being truthful.

The pope has authority from Christ---see Matthew 16:19.

[Edited 2/26/2016 2:14:13 PM ]

2/26/2016 3:02:56 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from irishrose0906:
Funny, I just said the same thing in another post..lol.

I say the same old things over , and over again . Sometimes they stick , and sometimes they slide . We keep trying , because its important to us .

2/26/2016 3:40:48 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If someone claims authority when he or she lacks authority, that person is being proud. But when someone claims authority when one does have the authority, one is not being proud at all---one is being truthful.

I don't need to see Matthew 16:19 to know that that verse was before Peter denied Christ 3 times John 13-36. And then Peter sought to follow Christ for personal gain in Matthew 19:27

How can you overlook this verse?

Matthew 10:32
32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

What does it take to follow Christ?

1Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves. 4not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

2/26/2016 5:04:48 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Christ, above the pope, has authority from God. Why do you refuse to obey God? Why do you refuse the authority of God and instead prefer the alleged, second-hand authority of the pope, a mere man, whether you blasphemously call him "The Holy Father" or not? Why are you do dependent on middlemen between you and God, Mary, the pope, the priests, the saints? Why put any of them between you and God as you do?

"Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me." (John 14:24)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4)

Matthew 16:19, read in context and understood properly, gives authority to the greater brotherhood of believers, not to your pope. Jesus said none would be above the others:

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so:

2/26/2016 5:57:41 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If someone claims authority when he or she lacks authority, that person is being proud.
You're screwed up and don't even know what words mean.

But when someone claims authority when one does have the authority, one is not being proud at all---one is being truthful.
More stupidity from someone lacking any proud achievements in your life.

Which means the pope has authority by an institution based on a myth. This simply means it's an organization where authority is self appointed by the organization itself.

2/27/2016 10:08:01 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,970)
Fairmont, MN
61, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from clarence2:
Because Christianity, Catholicism and the Pope possess no authority, except by consent of those who are subjects of those items through inherited tradition or personal choice. Other people are probably glad to be "saved" from having those beliefs.

Just like when Satan isn't an authority, and neither does he/ she exist.

I'm glad to be saved from these restrictive beliefs by both constantly educating myself, which brings personal power through knowledge, and/or even beyond that ,gnosis, which is an inner knowing. These things together bring balance for me.
Outter and Inner knowledge in conjunction.

2/27/2016 10:36:46 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
sdgncalix3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (48,106)
Las Vegas, NV
43, joined Dec. 2012

Because the pope is a fat corrupt turd

2/27/2016 1:07:26 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Just for funsies, I'm going here:

Why can't some people accept the authority of The Urantia Book?

The Urantia Book has authority from the Uversa Corps of Superuniverse Personalities
acting by authority of the Orvonton Ancients of Days.

It says so right at the beginning of The Urantia Book, so it must be true.

Good "video" here: https://youtu.be/F6K2QwJeybw

2/27/2016 2:09:56 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Which pope, which council, gave the Urantia Book any authority?

2/27/2016 3:08:19 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Can't you read?

The Uversa Corps of Superuniverse Personalities acting by authority of the Orvonton Ancients of Days.

2/27/2016 3:12:41 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Is the Onornton Ancient of Days God? When did God ever say, I hereby endorse the Urantia Book? Why would God endorse racism, eugenics, and polytheism?

2/27/2016 5:03:53 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,071)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Because the Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church.

I am not Catholic.

2/27/2016 5:12:06 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Is the Onornton Ancient of Days God?

I'll check into it. They're pretty high up, that's for sure. They are mentioned in the bible, even though the bible writer seems to have thought there was only one such:

Dan_7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Dan_7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Dan_7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Yes, the Ancients of Days are part of God the Sevenfold.

Ancient of Days
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient of Days, or Head of Days, is a name for God in the Book of Daniel: in the original Aramaic Atik Yomin; in the Greek Septuagint Palaios Hemeron; and in the Vulgate Antiquus Dierum. The title "Ancient of Days" has been used as a source of inspiration in art and music, denoting the Creator's aspects of eternity combined with perfection. William Blake's watercolour and relief etching entitled "The Ancient of Days" is one such example:

2/27/2016 5:18:21 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (188,071)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

2/28/2016 7:14:05 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,645)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Religion mimics spirituality. In the real world, a spiritual adept is succeeded in the task of guiding the seekers by his (or her) devoted and advanced disciple. Religions convey leadership from generation to succeeding generation through ceremony and ritual, not knowing anything of the inner qualification that is the true measure of authority.

2/28/2016 11:38:49 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:

According to kb2222 it's people from outer space. And as stupid as that sounds is not any more stupid than authority in your religion. Christianity however has given itself authority by how well it controls the masses by using violence, murder, genocide and just plain keeping people in ignorance, fear and subservience.

2/28/2016 12:41:33 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Is the Onornton Ancient of Days God? When did God ever say, I hereby endorse the Urantia Book? Why would God endorse racism, eugenics, and polytheism?

Why on earth would anyone endorse something they cant see ?

The physical universe , is ten percent of the universe we see . I totally agree that we should have faith in what we don't see . If we claim that we're seeing something , its a bold faced lie from the very start .

Belief begins as a survival mechanism , everything will see itself as the most important thing in the universe . They develop faith , in themselves , and they use it , to be successful at survival .

All our mental abilities exist to help us achieve survival . When a species like ourselves develops intelligence to such a degree , its time to consider where we came from , and how to help it to survive . We cant live without it .

2/28/2016 12:52:48 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

We're born with everything we need to survive .

Its the universe around us , that teaches us how to live .

2/28/2016 6:33:20 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

blake6972
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,153)
Bunker Hill, WV
44, joined Jul. 2013

The pope has NO AUTHORITY.
Only the convictions of the soul from God.

2/28/2016 7:19:20 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Read Matthew 16:19, Blake, and you will see that the Pope has very broad authority, authority from Christ Himself.

2/28/2016 8:44:26 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Read Matthew 16:19, Blake, and you will see that the Pope has very broad authority, authority from Christ Himself.

Apparently that's not a completely true statement. 800 million Protestants have long since read that verse and have not seen what you say they will see.

2/28/2016 11:08:11 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I don't care what the world says. I care what Jesus says.

2/28/2016 11:11:14 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Lud..

Nobody knows what jesus said.

They know what people who never met, him claimed he said.

2/29/2016 12:34:24 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You don't care what Jesus says all the time. You don't care when He says this:

Jesus: "Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

"If a man love me, he will keep my words."(John 14:23)
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings." (John 14:24)

And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me." (John 14:24)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4)

2/29/2016 2:37:51 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

You're getting off topic, there, FJO.

2/29/2016 7:46:14 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
You're getting off topic, there, FJO.

Well, you led to the off topic with your assertion that you "care what Jesus says."

You obviously do not always care what Jesus says. You do not care what He said at Matthew 23:9.

If you make an assertion that is clearly hypocritical and incorrect, you have to expect that someone will challenge it. And then you say they are off topic? That's adding insult to injury.

Just block me if you can't stand the heat.

3/3/2016 8:21:29 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,625)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Accept who's authority ?

3/3/2016 11:53:14 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Why not post a photo of Reagan and Gorbachev, and falsely imply that Reagan was a Communist? Why not post a photo of Neville Chamberlain and Hitler, and falsely imply that the Church of England was Nazi? Why not post a photo of Vincent Bugliosi and Charles Manson, and falsely imply Bugliosi was a member of the Manson family?

There was an episode of Batmanbwhere the Penguin ran against Batman for mayor of Gotham City. Said the Penguin: "Whenever you see Batman's picture in the paper, he is always photographed with the worst criminals in the city. Whenever you see my picture, I'm always with the police!"

3/3/2016 1:28:55 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

3/3/2016 3:42:52 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Doctored photo?

What about the 1.8 to 2 million Polish Catholics that the Nazis killed in their concentration camps?

3/3/2016 6:08:29 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,625)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Why not post a photo of Reagan and Gorbachev, and falsely imply that Reagan was a Communist? Why not post a photo of Neville Chamberlain and Hitler, and falsely imply that the Church of England was Nazi? Why not post a photo of Vincent Bugliosi and Charles Manson, and falsely imply Bugliosi was a member of the Manson family?

There was an episode of Batmanbwhere the Penguin ran against Batman for mayor of Gotham City. Said the Penguin: "Whenever you see Batman's picture in the paper, he is always photographed with the worst criminals in the city. Whenever you see my picture, I'm always with the police!"

Because the original topic of this thread is "Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?".
All I was posting about was the OP.

3/3/2016 7:37:03 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
sdgncalix3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (48,106)
Las Vegas, NV
43, joined Dec. 2012

3/4/2016 7:03:59 AM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

I've always had issues with authority , but if its someone I know , I always let them lead . Its not a matter of faith , its a matter of trust .

3/4/2016 2:38:23 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (3,665)
York, PA
53, joined Jun. 2009

Trust is developed by personal interaction . Nobody should use faith to replace it .

3/4/2016 5:10:25 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I disagree.

3/4/2016 5:21:07 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  
irishrose0906
Dublin, OH
51, joined Mar. 2013

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I disagree.

May I ask why you disagree with that statement?

3/4/2016 5:51:55 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,656)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Because the Pope...whom I know in person....not only didn't earn my respect then but, also, because he represents the oldest and best bullsh...t ever imagined by a human brain.

3/4/2016 5:56:48 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

the only authority anyone should accept is from God, not another person

3/4/2016 6:33:23 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from wayn49:
the only authority anyone should accept is from God, not another person

So no one gets any authority from anyone.

3/4/2016 9:09:02 PM Why can't some people accept the authority of the Pope?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,922)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from aphrodisianus:
So no one gets any authority from anyone.

if you study your history of the middle ages also known as the dark ages you will find that popes dictated there authority upon christians. many were persecuted and put to death for such crimes as owning a bible and reading it. the popes thought that they were the only ones who knew how to interpret the bible. paganism swept into the church of rome also referred to the roman catholic church.

if someone really studied the bible and went by what the bible really said would see the false doctrine that has swept into church

not knocking catholics, just what does the bible say?

one instance is the sabbath which is the seventh day of the week which is saturday. sunday worship swept into the church and in 336 AD it was changed by the roman catholic church. and most protestant churches know this but yet they honor sunday and many think the pope is divine and has the authority to change Gods law or whatever they see fit

go look this up and see for your self and other doctrine that is not of Gods word also has swept into the church

if one is really a servant of God then you would think they would really live by the word of God