Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight app

This creates the perfect environment for couples and thirds to locate one particular yet another. black singles in denver Do not fully copy what they say, but take a cue from their overall tone and the words they tend to use. If you have crossed paths with another user, they ll show up at the leading of your Happn page. omegle server down If you are concerned about privacy, contemplate receiving a Google Voice Number for dating apps.

megapersonals ads

When some individuals may be searching for appreciate and marriage, other people may be hunting for anything a lot more casual. dating in klamath falls oregon They locate some guy, and I ve seen this as well. And by dick pics, they meant snaps of Richard Nixon, Dick Van Dyke and Andy Dick. doublelist com new hampshire Note that the far more concerns answered, the larger the possibilities of matching with somebody with one s closest preferences.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

Roman Catholic orthodoxy.

Lud, you're a litmus for stupidity.

See cup, ludlow says you are not a "true christian" unless you happen to be catholic.

The Catholic Cult Of Death

4/30/2016 9:52:40 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,455)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

True believers, true christians terms which seem to be undefined. Just how is true believer hood ascertained? What is the criteria for judging the truth of someone's belief?

What is the litmus test for true christianity?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/30/2016 10:17:55 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (182,455)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Quote from olderthandirt20:
True believers, true christians terms which seem to be undefined.

***True believers/True Christians are not undefined. The Bible. Perhaps more shoukd consult the Bible, themselves, and not ask others to answer their questions. God's Word will answer all of one questions when they allow themselves to "listen" to what is being said. ***

Just how is true believer hood ascertained?

***Believer hood? Belief, is the term.

Let me pose an analogy for your consideration, Dirt.

'A man of little faith went to the men's restroom on a restaurant. How did the man of little faith know to go to the men's restroom to relieve himself?'***

What is the criteria for judging the truth of someone's belief?

***Humankind is not the judge of religious faith: God is.***

Litmus tests have been proved fallible. God's "test" is infallible."

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe."

(Romans 3:22)

4/30/2016 10:24:37 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,284)
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

True believers, true christians terms which seem to be undefined. Just how is true believer hood ascertained? What is the criteria for judging the truth of someone's belief?

There is none. It's a true Scotsman fallacy where for anyone to define a true Christian. With 40,000 Christian denominations they are all ignorantly calling themselves true Christians. The fact there that so many versions exists and can exist means Christianity is just a one size fits all religion, that can be molded and shaped to the personal stupidity, delusion and superstition of it's inventor.

Jesus himself is made up. There are over a dozen letters about Jesus that are completely different, one where Jesus gets married, has a kid and dies at an old age, but only four gospels were chosen to be canonical. Christianity is really nothing but a re-written copied man-god myth that isn't even that good.

[Edited 4/30/2016 10:25:40 AM ]

4/30/2016 11:03:09 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,423)
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

When you say "true" to define a person place or thing, that's when I start researching and really ask questions. Usually the answer is something to do with exclusivity.

4/30/2016 11:22:47 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,368)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

4/30/2016 11:24:50 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

4/30/2016 11:28:33 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,514)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

'Orthodoxy means not thinking — not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.'

George Orwell — 1984.

4/30/2016 11:34:41 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Orwell, so right about so many things (he is my favorite novelist), is utterly wrong here. Orthodoxy requires a lot of reading, listening, studying, and thinking. Christian orthodoxy is a deep well of spiritual riches, and the more we learn and know, the more there is to learn and know.

4/30/2016 11:59:12 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from clarence2:
'Orthodoxy means not thinking — not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.'

George Orwell — 1984.

that's a great quote, and of course this would be the one instance George Orwell is wrong and Lud is right??????? According to Lud, anyways, but according to me, h just embarrassed himself once again

4/30/2016 12:04:48 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Orwell, so right about so many things (he is my favorite novelist), is utterly wrong here. Orthodoxy requires a lot of reading, listening, studying, and thinking. Christian orthodoxy is a deep well of spiritual riches, and the more we learn and know, the more there is to learn and know.

All that studying just to find out you are being kept in the dark by self programming, so you don't even know how you've studied yourself into indoctrination, and how embarrassingly imprisoned your mind has become.

If you ever figured it out, you are always in denial of the fact that you've been had, by all the studying youve done. What a waste of time and energy to keep yourself ignorant

4/30/2016 12:06:03 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

No

4/30/2016 12:09:10 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
..... Orthodoxy requires a lot of reading, listening, studying, and thinking.

Lud, most of us have studied myths at a far deeper level than you. You're incapable of studying beyond an elementary grade school kid. You're irrational, ignorant and superstitious. There is no real thinking in your head.

4/30/2016 12:42:48 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

I must agree, in this particular case

4/30/2016 12:49:51 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
cupocheer
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

No

4/30/2016 4:10:01 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from cupocheer:
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe."

(Romans 3:22)

Ah now you say that belief in jesus is the qualifier yet you earlier said FJO was not a true christian. Yet from reading FJOs posts I think he does believe in jesus therefore by your definition he is christian yet you call him "not a true christian".
So in essence your "true christian" is determined by you and no one else. Reminds me of a book when I was in school "Catch 22" It is a meaningless classification to anyone other than the speaker.

4/30/2016 4:14:12 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

4/30/2016 5:01:29 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,966)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:

4/30/2016 5:03:55 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

See cup, ludlow says you are not a "true christian" unless you happen to be catholic.

And... " Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation." -Ludlow the Catholic

4/30/2016 5:12:57 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,813)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

a true christian, what is that? one who believes in God? one who believes in Jesus? i think a true christian is one that follows the word of God and puts others before thereself

4/30/2016 5:19:23 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

Ah now you say that belief in jesus is the qualifier yet you earlier said FJO was not a true christian. Yet from reading FJOs posts I think he does believe in jesus therefore by your definition he is christian yet you call him "not a true christian".
So in essence your "true christian" is determined by you and no one else. Reminds me of a book when I was in school "Catch 22" It is a meaningless classification to anyone other than the speaker.

Totally agree you here,

4/30/2016 5:32:56 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from wayn49:
a true christian, what is that? one who believes in God? one who believes in Jesus? i think a true christian is one that follows the word of God and puts others before thereself

That's very well said, wayn. In fact, it's almost what Jesus said:

Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

4/30/2016 5:40:53 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,645)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

Religious sects have very little to do with having a personal revelation of the divine within. Sometimes they help, sometimes they hinder, but the are of questionable value in attaining true spirituality. Worshiping someones else's definition of god's representative in this world is a subjective exercise. It is far more effective to have a real relationship with one who is living.

What is it to be "christian in nature"? Somehow being focused on Jesus Christ? If so there a thousands of books that are "christian in nature".
Are they divinely inspired ?
Authority of an entity that is unapproachable, secret, and ephemeral suggests not.
After reading many excerpts I am quite convinced that they are a cleaver representation of someone's wishful thinking.

4/30/2016 6:02:04 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from wayn49:

As a liberal minded person I would like to add that in my opinion, the term "true Christian" is probably not even relevant. I believe that ALL those on earth who love God will be saved, Christian or not. And I believe that all those who do love God manifest that love by loving their neighbor as they love themselves, whether or not they ever heard of Jesus at this point, or whether or not, due to circumstances of their birth and upbringing, etc., they were ever in a position to "believe" in Jesus while on this earth. Such belief will surely come, but for many it will have to wait until the "mansions" or Mansion Worlds. When Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me, (John 14:6), He did not say, "And you must believe in me and that I came to die for your sins, right now, right this very minute, or else!" Christians add that understanding to what Jesus said, on their own.

There is no way that God is going to condemn billions of people on earth who love HIM, and who show that love by the way they treat their fellow man, but who for various reasons did not know Jesus or were not able to accept Jesus at this time. There will be plenty of time and opportunity on the "mansions" to be brought up to speed and to make a properly and celestially informed decision away from this religious insanity with thousands of different sects all claiming to have the truth.

5/1/2016 1:20:47 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Those who never heard the name of Jesus, but who loved God as best they could, will be saved. This is what the Church calls "baptism of desire"---these people would have believed and would have been baptized had they known that was what the Lord wanted.

5/1/2016 8:19:48 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

Always a loophole isn't there , Lud??

Sounds like a lawyer, or something political, Lolololololol

5/1/2016 10:18:07 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from wayn49:

Well, that's not what Jesus said. He didn't want you to put others before yourself. He wanted you to put him above all others including yourself. Not just that but also to hate yourself too.

5/1/2016 10:25:08 AM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from rufftreasure:

Lud has loops in his head. His irrational nonsense might sound like a law if he had any civil concept of ethics and morals. A religion that is condemning has no morals or ethics but of absolutist totalitarianism.

5/1/2016 4:17:51 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from rufftreasure:

Lud serves the Catholic church first and foremost. Lud always has an ace or a trump card to play. The Catholic church MUST come out on top.

But the fact is that the "baptism of desire" idea comes from Jesus himself and from the Spirit of Truth that Jesus said He would send, and it applies to everyone on earth who believes in God and in the Family of God, that we are all brothers and sisters in God's family. This truth, from the Spirit of Truth, has nothing to do with the Catholic church or with being water baptized into the Catholic church. It does look as though this idea from the Spirit of Truth has been twisted and used by the Catholic church for its own purposes, which is not surprising.

"For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." (Matthew 12:50)

The above verse clearly means that anyone and everyone in the world who does the Father's will, who loves God and who loves his neighbor as he loves himself, is a member of God's family regardless of what religion they are. The Catholic church is not even a consideration as to who is Jesus' brother, sister, or mother.

5/1/2016 4:21:06 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,926)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

I think it's hilarious watching the brainwashed sheep playing, "my God is better than yours"

5/1/2016 4:30:37 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Those who never heard the name of Jesus, but who loved God as best they could, will be saved. This is what the Church calls "baptism of desire"---these people would have believed and would have been baptized had they known that was what the Lord wanted.

If they "loved God as best they could," then they already believed. They believed in the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of all mankind. That's makes them "believers." They had no need to be water baptized into your religious institution. They already knew what the Lord wanted. The Lord wanted them to love God and love their neighbor as they loved themselves. They were already doing that, "as best they could," as you said. (The poor blighters.) The kingdom of God is within them and the Spirit of Truth was bestowed upon them.

"...behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21)

...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. (John 16:13)

These verses apply to everyone on earth, not just to Catholics or to the apostles, etc.

Neither the Spirit of Truth nor the kingdom of God are for a select few. They are bestowed upon all.

5/1/2016 4:32:18 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
I think it's hilarious watching the brainwashed sheep playing, "my God is better than yours"

That's the way your Muslim obsession looks to most everyone here too, hilarious.

5/1/2016 5:20:40 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from followjesusonly:
That's the way your Muslim obsession looks to most everyone here too, hilarious.

LOLOL

No

The muslim God is just as insane as your god.

5/1/2016 10:53:25 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
LOLOL

No

The muslim God is just as insane as your god.

And just how insane is my God?

You haven't read The Urantia Book so you have no idea about "my God."

You said you have a Urantia Book so why don't you read it? What's stopping you? Fear? Be honest.

In the years since I've "known" you, you've had plenty of time to read it more than once. Is it still in storage? That was your excuse years ago for not reading it. How much do you pay a month to keep stuff you don't use in storage? Maybe you can't really afford to live in the Seattle area. You should do like the Grateful Dead said and move to where the weather suits your clothes, or in this case, where you can afford to live and have enough room for all your stuff under one roof. There are small towns all over the country, away from the oceans and ski resorts and casinos, where there is affordable decent housing. What do you do for a living there? Would King county collapse if you left? You could move to Moses Lake.

If I sent you $10 would you box the book up and send it to me?

5/1/2016 11:08:45 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Storage, where the f**k did you get that idea.

I have a library in my home, and there are for more important things to read than some crazy, space Jesus.

5/1/2016 11:14:58 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

And BTW,

My guess is that I could buy and sell you.

5/1/2016 11:28:16 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
Storage, where the f**k did you get that idea.

I'm sure you said that, or that it was "packed" away or some such thing.

I have a library in my home, and there are for more important things to read than some crazy, space Jesus.

Wow. A library? Nice.

Who told you there was a "space Jesus" in The Urantia Book? What does that even mean, "space Jesus"?

So I guess this means you're not going to read it, is that right? What about my offer?

5/1/2016 11:30:47 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
And BTW,

My guess is that I could buy and sell you.

Perhaps, but what does it matter?

5/4/2016 6:09:22 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

Stillherehaha
AnchorenaQueensland
Australia
69, joined Jun. 2015

Perhaps, but what does it matter?

U know the salesman says---fjo
I have an offer you can't refuse---
Cost-lost could be our soul---?

Did Jesus<3 tell us to follow Men---?
Or did Jesus ask us to follow him---?
G-d said this is my son--listen to him
Nothing grand ---just dusty feet ----and battered spiritual hands---
walking as Jesus did ---Alone---I am

Yes --- I am a cry baby--boo hoo isn't fair
Isn't there an easy way ---hahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahaha

song---Stay Free -----

5/4/2016 7:54:03 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

How are you coming along with the book? Have you started yet? 10 pages a day and you'll be done in 7 months. Skip the Foreword. Start at Paper 1, The Universal Father.

5/7/2016 12:08:28 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,645)
Sanbornton, NH
60, joined Jul. 2012

The Urantia Book employs a type of language meant to impress.
Here is an excerpt from Scientific American on such language:

"These are examples of what cognitive psychologist Dan Sperber meant when he wrote in “The Guru Effect,” a 2010 article in the Review of Philosophy and Psychology: “All too often, what readers do is judge profound what they have failed to grasp.” To find out if some people are more or less inclined to accept BS as legit based on their ability (or lack thereof) to grasp language (or lack thereof), Pennycook et al. began by distinguishing two types of thinking: one, intuitive—rapid and automatic cognition—and, two, reflective—slower and effortful cognition. Type 1 thinking makes us vulnerable to BS because it takes time and effort to think (and say), “I know what each of those words mean. I still don't think I know….” Pennycook and his team tested the hypothesis that higher intelligence and a superior analytical cognitive style (analyticity) leads to a greater capacity to detect and reject pretentious BS. Employing standard measures of intelligence (for example, the Wordsum test) and analyticity (for example, the Cognitive Reflection Test), the psychologists presented subjects with a number of meaningless statements produced by the New Age Bullshit Generator (http://sebpearce.com/bullshit), such as “We are in the midst of a self-aware blossoming of being that will align us with the nexus itself” and “Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is joy.”

In four studies on more than 800 subjects, the authors found that the higher the intelligence and analyticity of subjects, the less likely they were to rate such statements as profound. Conversely, and revealingly, they concluded that those most receptive to pseudo-profound BS are also more prone to “conspiratorial ideation, are more likely to hold religious and paranormal beliefs, and are more likely to endorse complementary and alternative medicine.” Apropos of one of this column's skeptical leitmotifs, detecting BS, according to the authors, “is not merely a matter of indiscriminate skepticism but rather a discernment of deceptive vagueness in otherwise impressive sounding claims.”

Urantia is an attempt to bamboozle the masses. It does so with long strings of noble sounding word salad.

5/7/2016 1:18:39 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from asanb:
Urantia is an attempt to bamboozle the masses. It does so with long strings of noble sounding word salad.

And applies to other kinds of faith peddlers.

5/7/2016 3:42:22 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Neither one of you (iyamwutiyam and asanb) knows what you're talking about. And asanb disdains books.

5/7/2016 4:44:47 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from asanb:

I might add Urantia is an attempt to bamboozle the masses. It does so with long strings of noble meaningless sounding word salad.
It is meant to sound scientific but fails miserably to any thinking person with any reasonable scientific knowledge.

[Edited 5/7/2016 4:45:28 PM ]

5/8/2016 1:49:05 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

I might add Urantia is an attempt to bamboozle the masses. It does so with long strings of noble meaningless sounding word salad.
It is meant to sound scientific but fails miserably to any thinking person with any reasonable scientific knowledge.

But you haven't read it, isn't that right?

5/8/2016 1:58:43 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

I have read enough (here in this forum) to come to the conclusion that I do not need to read it.

5/8/2016 2:44:21 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

I have read enough (here in this forum) to come to the conclusion that I do not need to read it.

Thank you. You haven't read it and you're not going to read it, thus you don't know what you're talking about. That's what I said.

It's over your comprehension level anyway.

[Edited 5/8/2016 2:46:06 PM ]

5/8/2016 3:02:01 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014

HE could comprehend it if he was into it. To some people they are just not interested.
Just another religion that offers nothing to one not interested.

5/8/2016 4:11:30 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

olderthandirt20
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

You don't have to eat a whole pie to tell it's no good, sometimes one bite tells you what you need to know.

5/8/2016 4:11:43 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from rufftreasure:
HE could comprehend it if he was into it. To some people they are just not interested.
Just another religion that offers nothing to one not interested.

Understood and agreed.

5/8/2016 4:26:16 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

You don't have to eat a whole pie to tell it's no good, sometimes one bite tells you what you need to know.

I understand all the rationalizations. It's fine. No one wants or expects anyone to believe something they haven't read. In fact, that's our unofficial "motto": "You have to read it to believe it." And in that way, the book is self selecting since it's 2000 pages and requires a serious person to start and finish it. Non serious persons are automatically screened out.

6/5/2016 4:14:37 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

blake6972
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,822)
Bunker Hill, WV
43, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from nonstandard:
Believe what is right in front of your eyes , there is no reason , not to .

What if you are blind?

6/5/2016 5:38:14 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,514)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

I understand all the rationalizations. It's fine. No one wants or expects anyone to believe something they haven't read. In fact, that's our unofficial "motto": "You have to read it to believe it." And in that way, the book is self selecting since it's 2000 pages and requires a serious person to start and finish it. Non serious persons are automatically screened out.

Wouldn't that argument equally apply to Mormonism? Isn't a person who isn't "serious" enough to read all the Mormon literature be automatically screened out from becoming a Mormon? Does this mean that Mormonism might be true?

Have you read all the Mormon texts?

[Edited 6/5/2016 5:40:41 PM ]

6/5/2016 6:25:41 PM Is urantia a christian sect in your opinion  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012
online now!

Quote from clarence2:
Wouldn't that argument equally apply to Mormonism? Isn't a person who isn't "serious" enough to read all the Mormon literature be automatically screened out from becoming a Mormon?

Sure, why not?

Does this mean that Mormonism might be true?

Not a chance. The entire story surrounding the Book of Mormon with the Urim and Thummim is ridiculous 19th century nonsense.

Have you read all the Mormon texts?

Absolutely not. I couldn't read OAHSPE either.

How are you coming with The Urantia Book by the way? Have you finished it?

Do you hear anything from Asha?