Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonsls

My greatest bugbear is that the profiles of people who tried online dating for a month or so, became disillusioned and cancelled their memberships are never removed. hoboken singles We d been catfishing each other, she admits, referring to the lack of becoming totally honest with their on line personas. I wake up the next morning and get started having ready for perform and play the messages on my speaker telephone. adult friend finder blowjob I got all dolled up, did my makeup and felt super cute, and when I showed up to the restaurant, he was wearing a Loony Tunes T shirt with shorts and flip flops.

is freehookups com a scam site

Khanor says women, in certain, discover it to be really convenient as it adds to the privacy framework. st augustine hookups Henry also introduced the concept of his The Man From U. We will study them out loud so we can all laugh together at your good, undesirable, or ugly dating story. meet dutch women P.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/25/2008 5:09:48 AM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (40,679)
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Have any of you visited South America? I only know two Southamerican countries: Argentina and Peru.

Duchessa

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/1/2008 5:25:02 PM Traveling to South America...  
traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA
47, joined Jun. 2007

I haven't but it's on my to-do list - hoping to head there for a month either late 2009 or early 2010. I realize I may only get there once, so, I want to see as much as I can while I'm there and 30 days won't do my trip justice but it's something.

Anyone else???

10/2/2008 5:07:23 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from traveljunkie:
I haven't but it's on my to-do list - hoping to head there for a month either late 2009 or early 2010. I realize I may only get there once, so, I want to see as much as I can while I'm there and 30 days won't do my trip justice but it's something.

Anyone else???

Since Buenos Aires's winter is crude but not as much as in NY......and if you like the city life....the best time ($$$$$$$$$$) to visit Argentina is during the months of June, July, August and September.
I was born in Buenos Aires and I will be more than willing to help you with this trip.

Duchessa

10/3/2008 10:41:05 AM Traveling to South America...  
traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA
47, joined Jun. 2007

Thanks for the information. For some reason I thought our winter months were the best time to visit South America due to the change in the Earth's tilt. I better rethink my strategy. =)

I will stay in touch with you about my plans. I welcome and will seek out any information you can offer.

Thanks!

TJ

10/5/2008 12:08:23 PM Traveling to South America...  
daringadventure
Danbury, CT
55, joined Oct. 2008

I have been to Buenos Aires in early September and it was cold. Our summer is their winter, so check to compare their monthly weather with the weather you desire so there won't be any surprises!

Brazil is an awesome South American destination! It is a huge country, so you can find tropical or sub-tropical climates in the north during (their) winter.

10/5/2008 4:38:11 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

I lived 28 1/2 years in Buenos aires....well, I was born there.......and yes, in September could be chilly. Brazil, well, I will never go to that country.

10/9/2008 6:15:23 PM Traveling to South America...  
abanks
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jun. 2008

I was in Lima, Peru in Dec/Jan and just about died from
the humidity. It is very dry here in NM and the humidity was 85 to 90% next to the ocean.
Not very many people have A/C in Lima or Trujillo. We had to go out and buy a fan. Very few of the taxis had A/C, so be prepared.

10/9/2008 6:29:38 PM Traveling to South America...  
abanks
Albuquerque, NM
59, joined Jun. 2008

One of the new 7 wonders of the world

10/9/2008 6:31:26 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

I have been in Lima and in most of PerĂº. Although the humidity in PerĂº could be an issue, rarely you will find an A/C arounf because the Peruvians are used to their climate and they don't feel it as we do. BTW: The hit / humidity in Singapore is 100 times worse

10/9/2008 6:33:17 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

I had the pleasure to set my foot in the Machu Pichu. Magnificent

10/13/2008 11:52:53 AM Traveling to South America...  
blaineiac
Mount Gilead, OH
44, joined Oct. 2008

Been to Venezeula 3 times. It was a little scary in the cities then (2000); but wonderful once you get in the country. I didn't check out the beaches though they look superb. Merida is awesome. You can ride the worlds longest and highest cable car to snow capped peaks. 40 degrees F and I got the worst sunburn I've ever had. That's the equator for you.

10/13/2008 8:21:22 PM Traveling to South America...  
bytar
Over 1,000 Posts (1,919)
Rapid City, SD
58, joined Mar. 2008

Quote from duchessa:
I had the pleasure to set my foot in the Machu Pichu. Magnificent

WOW! That has got to be one of the most amazing sites around! I have heard it is quite a trip. I have checked into taking a trip there, but still have not found answers to all my questions.
Are you able to stay in the immediate area, or do you only get to see it for a day?

10/13/2008 9:08:46 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

You can stay at the hotels around. I was there in 1975; I am pretty sure many thibgs have changed.

10/23/2008 1:51:34 PM Traveling to South America...  
paha2006
Harlem, MT
68, joined Jun. 2007

colombia, panama, venezuela. take the cable car to caracas. descend from a 10,000 ft mountain through the clouds into the city. no more spectacular way to enter a city unless you've been parachuting from a plane.

11/30/2008 11:24:44 PM Traveling to South America...  

tatersomewhere
Deridder, LA
49, joined Sep. 2008

I was stationed in panama for three years.....been to columbia,costa rica, honduras, el salvadore, and belize..Lots of americans in costa rica, and very gorgeous there, a few retirees in panama...i do not recommend el salvadore or honduras.......those places are hell holes.

12/13/2008 10:15:09 AM Traveling to South America...  

travel_gal
Spearfish, SD
77, joined Jun. 2008

I am going to Panama in January for 3 months - looking forward to it. Would love to go to Peru - gorgeous pic ............

12/13/2008 3:18:09 PM Traveling to South America...  
motorider71
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,530)
Stafford Springs, CT
46, joined Jan. 2008

I went to chile working on power plant equiptment..Best trip of my life..

12/15/2008 3:22:00 PM Traveling to South America...  

travel_gal
Spearfish, SD
77, joined Jun. 2008

Great to see the world, isn't it.

12/15/2008 6:01:59 PM Traveling to South America...  

hannafree
Freeport, ME
67, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from abanks:
One of the new 7 wonders of the world

Abanks,
Thank you for the spectacular picture of Machu Pichu,one of my top most wanted places (along with New Zealand, China, Australia, Europe, and well, everywhere). Someone else asked about whether or not you have to come down the mountain to spend the night or can stay up on top for more than one day? Anyone else have info? My father went, and loved the unbelievable train ride up.

It's also fun to glide around Machu Pichu via Google Earth, and go between the mountains to get there. Anyone ever go Googling to wonderful places?

1/5/2009 8:11:45 PM Traveling to South America...  
cmountaineer
Columbia, CT
35, joined Feb. 2008

Anyway ever tempted to travel the length of the Pan-American Highway? 29,800 miles of paradise for people who love to drive, but understandably dangerous around the Darien Gap. Tim Cahill's book Road Fever, documents how he made the trip in 24 days....

1/7/2009 9:23:58 PM Traveling to South America...  
wyvernlord
Chandler, AZ
47, joined Sep. 2008

I would love to do the Pan-American...only I want to bicycle it. Still in the back pages of my travel planner as a possible mega vacation I will take in a few years.

To another poster....you cannot stay up top at Macchu Picchu...they make you come at least part way back down the mountain and stay in one of the local communities. I have not been there, but have known a few who have done the trip.

1/12/2009 9:08:25 AM Traveling to South America...  
gwennie25
Charlotte, NC
27, joined Jan. 2009

i havent visited south america but i would love to

1/28/2009 4:40:09 AM Traveling to South America...  
mark6860
Syracuse, NY
49, joined Jun. 2008

have ginny pig on a stick in peru ? its good

2/14/2009 3:41:06 PM Traveling to South America...  
stephanielee
Hinsdale, IL
84, joined Jul. 2008

I've hit all the So. American countries except Bolivia [could see it from Lake Titicaca with the floating islands]... and Chile. I visited Peru and Macchu Picchu twice. I traveled by train [14 hours -- quite an experience] to Puno and then to the gorgeous white city of Arequipa. Men, don't miss the Vargas museum [he was the artist that drew all the wonderful Vargas Calendar Girls]. we spent quite four days in Lima., explored the Peruvian Gold Museum, Museum of the Inquisition -- if you enjoy that kind of things, they have one in the Cathedral in the main plaza of Cuzco], and loved the Anthropology & Archaeology Museum... and the Folkloric show at the Colesco Nacional [haven't been there in awhile -- who knows if it's still there.] If it is still open and you want a real dining experience try the Tambo de Oro in a a magnificient converted 350 yearold hacienda in the heart of Lima [Calle Belen 1066]. Calling Tammbo a restaurant is like calling Macchu Picchu a moountain village. Michelin gave it at least 4**** when I was there. Lovely Porcelain China, crystal, sterling silver, beautiful art work was everywhere -- and two waiters exclusively for our table of 3. I hope it's still there, it was beautiful

Excursions around Lima are interesting, but don't miss the ones around Cuzco- a visit the Pisac Indian market is quite an experience -- On the trip along the Urabamaba River you can see the ancient Inca terraces -- still in use for agriculture. we visited an old town where they still live in Inca hosues -- built of huge stones, with a fascinating running water and sewer system from Inca times.

One of the best trips you will ever take. If you go take Diamox or get Micoren to avoid altitude sickness -- otherwisse, even the strongest succumb... It isn't fun. Take it with you or buy it in Lima and take it before you get there. Cuzco is even higher than Macchu Picchu. You must take it at least an hour ahead or more to be effective and take it while you are there.

2/14/2009 3:45:32 PM Traveling to South America...  
stephanielee
Hinsdale, IL
84, joined Jul. 2008

They have a nice hotel at the top, but some friends of mine got sick from the food... you still have to be careful about food in South America. Go thru a market and you'll see why. The chickens and meat are left in the open for hours in the heat -- with flys, etc. in abundance. They seem to like rare chicken -- don't eat it unless very well done! In Lima they have very good fish.

I believe they have a hotel at the bottom of Macchu Picchu where you get off the train to take a bus to the top.

6/30/2009 2:39:56 PM Traveling to South America...  

alex33009
Hallandale, FL
55, joined Apr. 2007

Argentina is a very interesting place, and not a dangerous one, in Brazil you are in terrible cituation all z time. Peru and Chille are good 4 1 week travel, Venesualla ... wonderful people, terrible politics

9/16/2009 10:41:29 AM Traveling to South America...  

shamroxx
Ithaca, NY
65, joined Apr. 2009

Was an awesome trip...Ecuador was surprisingly beautiful, Quito was lovely and found the street vendors with impromptu meals that were extrememly cheap. The trek to Macchu Picchu was like stepping into heaven, the low-lying mistiness of early morning and the serene setting was worth the climb. another jaunt to the Galapogas Islands was like being in National Geographic Magazine. The critters are unafraid of you and curious. Easy to get close-ups. A wonderful place.

9/16/2009 10:44:08 AM Traveling to South America...  

shamroxx
Ithaca, NY
65, joined Apr. 2009

I've eaten a ginny on a stick...it is called cuy and no, it doesn't taste like chicken.

12/30/2009 10:32:29 PM Traveling to South America...  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
64, joined Aug. 2008

My last visit to Argentina. Upsala glacier

UPSALA

[Edited 12/30/2009 10:33:05 PM ]