Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personsls

If you ve been on the internet at all, you almost certainly know of Tinder. black dating sites in michigan Be prepared to clarify absence, apologize and make it up to the individual. E hookups is completely totally free to register and use, with no subscriptions or charges. loveplanet com ru JDate is a dating service exclusively for Jewish singles.

completely free hookup sites no subscription

Scamming by way of hyperlinks and file attachments is 1 of the most popular but prosperous forms. free dating sites oahu Every single circumstance and partnership is distinctive. I hope you enjoyed this list ofquestions to ask. free south korea dating site Some dating apps can be soul destroying when conversations consist of boring pleasantries.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/9/2009 1:13:03 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

What do you think? I encourage you to read the full text from the Nobel prize committee.

fzappa posted the text over on the Current Events/Politics forum. I haven't yet found a web site that has the text posted.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/9/2009 1:25:55 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

O.K., here's the press release from the Nobel committee:

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

Oslo, October 9, 2009

10/9/2009 6:15:10 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
zorro932
Over 1,000 Posts (1,474)
Middle River, MD
57, joined Jun. 2009

I was very pleasantly surprised. He has done some heavy lifting with the Israeli/Palestinian issue. And he certainly makes you proud to be an American when he's speaking overseas. Of course the right wingers will scream he doesn't deserve it, but that's just jealousy on their part.

10/9/2009 6:35:55 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

liberallady
Over 2,000 Posts (2,871)
Sacramento, CA
57, joined Aug. 2009

It has happened so early in his administration! I am very proud! Maybe now he will be taken a little more seriously!

10/10/2009 5:54:41 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
64, joined Aug. 2007

I was very surprised. I'm glad and I'm proud. When I ask myself if this award is deserved, I remember the Cairo speech which Obama started with the words: "Salam Alechem". That speech, which was not aired on American TV, was viewed live by over a BILLION muslims around the world. That speech did more to promote peace and to prevent terrorism than all of our military activities have ever done. For that speech alone, he deserved this award.

10/11/2009 2:44:11 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

zorro, liberalady, and dan.

Good points, all. As you would expect, many are making much of the fact that the award decision was made only 12 days into Obama's presidency. I believe the committee is making a statement of hope about our new President. I also agree that Obama has done much in a short time to bolster America's standing in world diplomacy, and in working towards the end to nuclear proliferation.

Obama accepted the award as a "call to action" for all of us. I think that's a very gracious way to accept.

The right wing-nuts are busting a gut over this. Sheesh.

10/11/2009 6:59:58 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
64, joined Aug. 2007

Just to clarify: It was merely the nominations that took place 12 days into his presidency. That is when his name and the others were placed into nomination which is done in secrecy. The actual choosing of the award recipient did not take place until very shortly before the public announcement in October. So Obama was not chosen for the award until October.

[Edited 10/11/2009 7:00:36 PM ]

10/11/2009 10:24:15 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Quote from danguitarman:
Just to clarify: It was merely the nominations that took place 12 days into his presidency. That is when his name and the others were placed into nomination which is done in secrecy. The actual choosing of the award recipient did not take place until very shortly before the public announcement in October. So Obama was not chosen for the award until October.

I stand corrected. Thanks for explaining, dan.

10/13/2009 11:10:40 AM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
l3l309
Fayetteville, NC
26, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from coolchick:
O.K., here's the press release from the Nobel committee:

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

Oslo, October 9, 2009

I agree whole Heartedly..... amnd Im Proud for him that he has won the Noble peace Prize.. I wasn't shocked that he got it early in administration... GO OBAMA... and i got an OBAMA shirt on right now how ironic....

10/13/2009 10:06:34 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

13! Thanks for your upbeat post. I'm also really proud of our President for winning the Nobel Peace Prize. He has brought respect back to the U.S. in the eyes of the rest of the world. We so needed that.

10/31/2009 9:59:07 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
d_voted
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,160)
Winnipeg, MB
65, joined Sep. 2008

FAR OUT and Psychedelic

Reason over Passion

Truth over Spin

Resepect over Condesention

Mrs. Obama you should be proud of your husband.
Mr. Obama you should be glad God gifted you with such a fine woman.
Obama kids - Keep groovin' Mama and Papa are honorable people doing an clean job.

As a Canadian - I have not found cause to celebrate a president of your country till now.

Holy - Radishes (don't put them up your nose).

[Edited 10/31/2009 10:00:03 PM ]

11/1/2009 3:14:37 AM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

danguitarman
Redding, CA
64, joined Aug. 2007

I listened to some young British people talking on BBC radio who were being interviewed about politics. They are SO JEALOUS of the U.S.A. because we have Obama and they don't see any comparable figure in British politics. I think the same is true over all of Europe and most of the entire world. Once again, America is the symbol of a better future for the world.

11/1/2009 12:06:24 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

d-voted. Your posts are always so interesting. Yes, the Obamas are very intelligent, hard-working people. Their daughters have great role models in their parents. Good day to you, my Canadian friend.

dan. Wow, that's interesting that British youth are in awe of our President. What a change from how our previous President was viewed by youth in the rest of the world. Americans: We are nothing if not always evolving.

11/2/2009 12:39:56 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
d_voted
Winnipeg, MB
65, joined Sep. 2008

Quote from coolchick:
d-voted. Your posts are always so interesting. Yes, the Obamas are very intelligent, hard-working people. Their daughters have great role models in their parents. Good day to you, my Canadian friend.

dan. Wow, that's interesting that British youth are in awe of our President. What a change from how our previous President was viewed by youth in the rest of the world. Americans: We are nothing if not always evolving.

What about the radishes?
D

11/2/2009 7:43:19 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Dear d_voted, I don't get it about the radishes. Don't stick them up your nose? Huh? Is that a Canadian inside joke? Please explain to this clueless Texan.

11/11/2009 10:16:23 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
d_voted
Winnipeg, MB
65, joined Sep. 2008

Quote from coolchick:
Dear d_voted, I don't get it about the radishes. Don't stick them up your nose? Huh? Is that a Canadian inside joke? Please explain to this clueless Texan.

I had to say that because if Rush Limbaugh got wind of my post he would try to dissect it and manipulate it to his advantage.

The ending, (about the radishes), is true in any culture and irrefutable. It is also complete nonsense that has no place in a rational discussion. However, it should throw the dogs off the scent of a rational person.

Either they will be looking for an extemely intelligent rational person who is extraordinarily devious - or a lunatic. While they are debating which, I can make my escape. (Not sure where I will escape to though.)

Actually, I have no more idea why I wrote that than you do, but I felt obliged to try to explain it as though there were some meaning behind it. I think it is a male thing.

Keep groovin'
D

11/12/2009 7:35:50 PM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

A week ago I would have said he was falling way short of that award, but him rejecting the Afghanistan policies present to him by the JCS and the Sec. of Defense gives me hope that he will actually get this decision right. The war there is not winnable in a conventional sense, and it might be best to pull back/pull out to more defensible positions and fight this war against the real enemy from a far.

11/22/2009 9:56:16 AM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  
slapstick_37
Minneapolis, MN
63, joined Nov. 2009

A couple of notes:

I am so very, very proud of Obama. No other president has had my respect as he does. As Robin Williams said (I'm paraphrasing here): We no longer have to pretend we are from Canada when we travel overseas!

Also, I've stated earlier that I have Republican Conservative family members (those of the silver spoon variety who look down their noses at us common folk). I have a nephew (whom I've never liked) who posted on his Facebook status something about Obama winning the Nobel Peace prize, which goes to show that you can still get a reward for doing nothing in the U.S.

This set off a firestorm in MY family. My daughter responded (angrily, which she now wishes she hadn't), and the family was in an uproar! My sister-in-law ATTACKED my daughter in ways you wouldn't imagine (said she had no dignity, wasn't a contributing member of society, as well as many other very hateful things). This came from a woman who never finished high school and is an echo for my brother's BS.

We have no removed those family members from our Facebook pages as it was necessary to keep the peace. Someone said to me, "Well, he has the right to post whatever he wants on his Facebook page." While that might be true, that little prick has been, and always will be, someone who hasn't got an original thought in his juvenile head. He is one of those who repeats what he's heard from other family members, who of course, are RIGHT.

The thing that ticked me off the most? "Lefties always want to give everything to those people who don't deserve it." Can you believe it?

OK, I've vented a bit, but that doesn't really change anything, does it?

11/29/2009 11:58:48 AM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize: Your reaction?  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Thats why I have deleted my facebook account...sometimes to keep the peace you need to just keep your mouth shut, and facebook doesn't lend itself to doing that. I'd rather talk politics in a forum that is set-up for that and hurt feeling don't carry over into your personal life....we all know who our right wing nut cases are, and there's little to be gained by arguing with someone that brings a knife to a political gun fight.

But I do understand your predicament and anger.

[Edited 11/29/2009 11:59:49 AM ]