Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelights

We ve collected some of their quite ideal responses, so scroll down, and appreciate. senior dating redding ca Even though some identified like in 2020, the pandemic also took a toll on some marriages. She went back residence and realized that he forgot his backpack. rubmaps edgewater nj I thought we d be going for a stroll to look at the cute shops.

mega personales

Feeling fluey but displaying up to the date anyway. downey dating This could possibly sound like a regular query but asking about herhobbiesnot only provides you an thought of the sorts of items she likes, and it can also assist you see if you both share the very same interests. In basic, we discovered that this 1 was populated with folks who are searching for long term relationships, rather than hook ups. meet cuban girls Customers typically get in touch with out members of the Red Pill subreddit for their attitudes towards girls however share posts with comparable rhetoric towards guys.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/22/2010 11:41:00 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Hoping to hear from like-minded hearts on their chosen paths.
Are you fervent in the Path of your Choice?
Who is your Primary Diety and why?
When were your eyes "opened?"
Do we "tolerate" other religions because of the way we were persecuted and burned, and does it matter to you how others see you?

I am Wiccan, and yes, a FERVENT Wiccan; almost to the the point of zealotry, but not so much that I would sloth another person's beliefs. My Goddess of Choice is Hecate; she gives me solace and everything I need. I became Wiccan after I left the Catholic religion in 1971. And yes, I "tolerate" other religions because they proselytize to the point of rudeness.
Case in point: you don't come up to a complete stranger and simply ask them if they belive in God--no matter how exhuberant you are , or if you are having a spiritual rapture or whatever. To me, religion is like politics and sexual preference: you first seek out like minds, and THEN you congregate.
Fair enough?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/2/2010 3:48:15 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,911)
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

We were hiding? kidding, love your profile.

4/2/2010 4:07:57 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Well.., maybe not hiding

4/2/2010 7:59:58 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

Do you ever find that you are being discriminated against in say the workplace for your beliefs? I ask because a lady on another forum I visit who is a Witch ran into all kinds of opposition at work when she came in wearing a smaller size "Triple Goddess" pendant. It wasnt even any kind of 5 pointed star and it set people off.

Has anyone experienced problems of this nature?

4/2/2010 10:50:56 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
terrorstrike
Carthage, MO
25, joined Mar. 2010

that is crap. people need to realize that our pentacles and other pendants are just as much a religeous symbol as the christian crosses. we have every right to wear them without fear of persecution of any type. at my high school in my carpentry class i had my pentacle star necklace on. one of the instructors comes up to me and tells me to take my necklace off. she had on a big gold cross. so i told her that the only way i will take it off is if she makes all of the christians in the school district take off their crosses. than she called me a satan worshipper.

[Edited 4/2/2010 10:55:01 AM ]

4/2/2010 11:49:58 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,536)
Union, NH
45, joined May. 2009

That seems like it would be in violation of some kind of policy already set in place. There is no difference between your wearing a pentagram and anyone else wearing a symbol of their faith. The only other reason they could legitimately tell someone to remove jewelry would be if it posed some kind of a danger to yourself. I remember back in wood shop class when I was in high school, making a bird's box or something, they told us no rings or dangling necklaces that could get caught in a power-tool. We had to also tie our hair back and wear safety goggles.

But those are entirely reasonable safety procedures.

What was the eventual outcome? Did you complain to any higher authority about this at the school? Its sounds very discriminatory. Is this a public high school you are talking about?

4/2/2010 12:34:35 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from terrorstrike:
that is crap. people need to realize that our pentacles and other pendants are just as much a religeous symbol as the christian crosses. we have every right to wear them without fear of persecution of any type. at my high school in my carpentry class i had my pentacle star necklace on. one of the instructors comes up to me and tells me to take my necklace off. she had on a big gold cross. so i told her that the only way i will take it off is if she makes all of the christians in the school district take off their crosses. than she called me a satan worshipper.

We are a BONAFIDE religion! John Paul II also apologized to the Wiccan and Pagan communities for the injustices we suffered during the Burning Days, and as much as that is a step forward, all we got out of it was an apology.
I NEVER take my pentagram off for NOBODY, and if I am expected to, I request that ALL religious jewelry be removed in order to alleviate ANY "Hard Feelings." We basically tolerate the Christians, and our relationship with them is precarious at best.
Take heart: our Horned God is a fun-loving God. The Devil is a Christian bastardization of Pan and/or Dionysius. And many of us know that Christian ritual and Holy Days are ripped off from our Ancestral festivals.
Blessed be to you all.

4/2/2010 12:41:39 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from xashax:
That seems like it would be in violation of some kind of policy already set in place. There is no difference between your wearing a pentagram and anyone else wearing a symbol of their faith. The only other reason they could legitimately tell someone to remove jewelry would be if it posed some kind of a danger to yourself. I remember back in wood shop class when I was in high school, making a bird's box or something, they told us no rings or dangling necklaces that could get caught in a power-tool. We had to also tie our hair back and wear safety goggles.

But those are entirely reasonable safety procedures.

What was the eventual outcome? Did you complain to any higher authority about this at the school? Its sounds very discriminatory. Is this a public high school you are talking about?

It's getting easier these days, but perfect community with other religions still remains sketchy at best. I am proud of my pentagram, and when I wear it, I feel like I am wearing it for a reason: not because I'm "Heavy Metal" or want to make a silly childish statement. The coven I belong to (The Sacred Cottage at Roseville CA) is a collective of not only Witches, but also Reiki Masters, Light Workers, practitioners of Crystal, Candle, and Green Magic, and we all wear our pentagrams because we IDENTIFY with one another, and there is a reason we wear our pendants--because we belong to an exclusive group of individuals all struggling to aid our Earth Mother deal with insects that happen to occupy the same planet we live on.
We will NEVER be fully understood and accepted, but we can find comfort in knowing other like-minded souls out there share in our understanding of Life the way we do.

4/2/2010 1:13:12 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

I wear a Baphomet pentagram n an inverted cross. One of my old doctors had a hard core jesus freak for a lab technician n she asked if I was a Satanist I said yes so she started proselytizing and I very politely said "go f**k yourself, b*tch", but that's just the type of extremely respectful man I am.

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

4/2/2010 1:15:58 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from mr_crowley:
I wear a Baphomet pentagram n an inverted cross. One of my old doctors had a hard core jesus freak for a lab technician n she asked if I was a Satanist I said yes so she started proselytizing and I very politely said "go f**k yourself, b*tch", but that's just the type of extremely respectful man I am.

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

And you got no b*tchin' coming from me.
Does Anton LeFay mean anything to you?
Interesting man.

4/2/2010 1:23:50 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

I'm a Crowleyan Satanist,
I don't like lavey, personally, I think he was a hack n a fake who just formed his church for financial gain.
He stole everything from Crowleys books.
lavey used to put out a magazine called HELLION for those who paid church dues. I wrote a few articles for him until he decided my work was to Crowleyan for his magazine.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

4/2/2010 1:25:49 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from mr_crowley:
I'm a Crowleyan Satanist,
I don't like lavey, personally, I think he was a hack n a fake who just formed his church for financial gain.
He stole everything from Crowleys books.
lavey used to put out a magazine called HELLION for those who paid church dues. I wrote a few articles for him until he decided my work was to Crowleyan for his magazine.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

Now THAT was truly an interesting person, Mr. Crowley.

4/2/2010 1:32:05 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

Crowley was most indeed the one true prophet who paved the way for many occultists and made major advancements for the good of majick.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

[Edited 4/2/2010 1:34:15 PM ]

4/2/2010 2:07:37 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Sigh!

4/2/2010 7:43:25 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from shilli:
Sigh!

What's up, shili?

4/2/2010 8:27:24 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Maybe I'm just too easy. I mean I'm such a push over for just about any God or Goddess who may interest me at the time. Getting to know any of them personally seems like a lot of work. I've made a lot of Wiccan and Pagan friends over the years, a few Satanists and LOTS of Christians who are from the zillion or so denominations. I'm sticking with idea that I can do as I please when it comes to my beliefs. I can honestly say my spiritual openness has led to some great sex though. I study Tantra and have for many years. I'm interested in learning more about Reiki but haven't found a good teacher here, although a wonderful dear pal of mine is a master at Reiki massage.

I guess the sigh wasn't meant as anything in particular. I do however like Crowley.

4/3/2010 5:17:09 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Native and Many other indigenous Indians believe in the "Great Spirit," an almost boundless entity that is sometimes bequeathed with androgynous attributes. Some Feminists perceive their "Great Spirit" to be female, and there is also the traditional male identity others place their faith in.
But the entire idea of having a "Great Spirit" is that there is now an entity out there that homage may be paid to, and sensibilities won't be offended, particularly your own.
There are other "distractions" from the Faith, and like you have experienced, Tantra is a wonderful outlet. The total orgasmic experience gained from a Tantra weekend is beyond words! But it is only a distraction. For your basic foundation, it would be helpful for you have a spiritual entity, no matter how you perceive he or she to be.
Otherwise, you may also consider agnosticism or aetheism, also acceptable in most social and personal circles.
Hope I helped?

4/3/2010 9:59:14 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Yes, I have worked with the Great Spirit and found very healing experiences from that perspective.
The Alaskan Natives have good spiritual insight here as well. It's sustaining and balancing. We all enjoy learning about their myths and stories, and value the lessons the elders can teach when were lucky enough to talk with them. On the whole, most Native people here have quiet manners and are very gentle to the environment. Their ideals have made living here a joy. There is something sacred that everyone sences in Alaska. I guess that enjoyment has indeed had a profound impact on me.

4/3/2010 11:40:25 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Well apparently I'm too "New" to start a new thread. .......

4/3/2010 6:03:23 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from shilli:
Well apparently I'm too "New" to start a new thread. .......

Takes about 7 days. Give it time.

4/3/2010 8:18:02 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Okay

4/3/2010 10:21:56 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
blueshortcake2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,135)
Nicholasville, KY
75, joined Sep. 2008

One of my dearest friends for over 15 years( now deceased), a very special lady, was Wiccan. We got along beautifully, I can't recall a single disagreement or a parting of the mind with her. Yes, I am of the Baptist persuasion, but my faith is in GOD (or a higher SPIRIT). As my friend described me--I believe on the outer forms of religion. Meaning there is more that what is taught from the BIBLE, because to take it literally, you might get a whole different meaning. All religions and faiths contain some rituals that others do not understand or believe. That is their choice, as we all have been given the right to think as we choose. Even though I am Christian, I too, don't like for others to try to pressure me. It is a private matter. My belief is that Wiccan is one of the earliest form of religion.

4/4/2010 2:02:31 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

All living creatures have the power of creation. Unconditional love doesn’t come from one source, it comes from anyone able to manifest it. We all must learn to work together. All religions have a form of mysticism. All religions have their mysteries. The Greeks for instance even call them “Mystery Religions”. Searching for ones own truth should never be considered a diversion to another’s understanding. I hope the friendship you grew to love always brings truth and light to your life.

4/4/2010 5:36:18 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from blueshortcake2:
One of my dearest friends for over 15 years( now deceased), a very special lady, was Wiccan. We got along beautifully, I can't recall a single disagreement or a parting of the mind with her. Yes, I am of the Baptist persuasion, but my faith is in GOD (or a higher SPIRIT). As my friend described me--I believe on the outer forms of religion. Meaning there is more that what is taught from the BIBLE, because to take it literally, you might get a whole different meaning. All religions and faiths contain some rituals that others do not understand or believe. That is their choice, as we all have been given the right to think as we choose. Even though I am Christian, I too, don't like for others to try to pressure me. It is a private matter. My belief is that Wiccan is one of the earliest form of religion.

That is a wonderful way of looking at it.
The proselytizing I mean comes from the streets where complete strangers accost you in the name of their faith. I myself have nothing against anyone from any religion because Wicca, in it's incorruptible form, welcomes everyone no matter who. It's when the burning starts... that's when I'll be a little more zealous. Blessed Be.

4/4/2010 9:13:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

strange words appear from someone with an invisible profile on the other side of the world DER MENSCH iST GOTT

4/5/2010 7:59:45 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

My nice tends to wobble

4/5/2010 5:10:53 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Nice is so generic; it's when the Nice is AIMED that it becomes something useful.

4/5/2010 5:11:23 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from mr_crowley:
strange words appear from someone with an invisible profile on the other side of the world DER MENSCH iST GOTT

mrcrowley! Been a couple days?

4/6/2010 4:54:07 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
dochollyday
Over 2,000 Posts (3,403)
Bremerton, WA
90, joined Feb. 2010

Perhaps it would be more acceptable if certain things in the Wiccan religion did not have such negative connotations. Example: "witch", "coven", "spells", and the use of the "pentagram"

The Wiccan Rede and Threefold Law:
"Rede" is derived from an Old English word "roedan" which means to guide or direct. One common version of the Rede is:

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

"An" and "wilt" are Old English words for "if" and "want to."
["If it harm none, do what you want."]

The Rede states that a Wiccan is free to do what ever they want to, as long as it does not harm themselves or anyone else. Harm is normally considered to include manipulation, domination, attempts to control, physically injure, emotionally harm, or hurt another person or group in any way.

The Threefold Law (a.k.a. the Law of Return) adds a reward for those who follow the Wiccan Rede, and a punishment for those who violate it. The law states that:

"All good that a person does to another returns three fold in this life; harm is also returned three fold."

(similar to other religions)

The Rede and Law obviously prevent a Witch/Wiccan from doing harm to themselves or to others, taking harmful drugs, etc. "This belief constantly reminds us that there are many consequences to our actions and we must consider all possible outcomes before acting. The Wiccan Rede thereby binds Wiccans to do the right thing."

Comparing the Wiccan Rede with behavioral rules of other religions:
The Wiccan Rede is one of many Ethics of Reciprocity which are found in essentially ALL of the world's religious texts. In Christianity, the Ethic of Reciprocity is sometimes called the Golden Rule. It urges believers to treat other people decently. For example, in Christianity, three of the 50 or so Gospels which circulated in the 1st century CE state:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12, King James Version.
"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31, King James Version.

History of the Wiccan Rede within Wicca:
John Coughlin researched the writings of Gerald Gardner (1884-1964) and Doreen Valiente (1922-1999). These are the two individuals who are generally regarded as the founders of modern Wicca. He found the first reference to a ethical criteria similar to the Wiccan Rede in Gardner's third book: "The Meaning of Witchcraft." 5 He wrote that Wiccans:

"...are inclined to the morality of the legendary Good King Pausol [sic], 'Do what you like so long as you harm no one.' But they believe a certain law to be important, 'You must not use magic for anything which will cause harm to anyone, and if, to prevent a greater wrong being done, you must discommode someone, you must do it only in a way which will abate the harm'." 6

It appears that King Pausole was a character in a novel by a French writer, Pierre Louys, called "The Adventures of King Pausole," published in 1901.

"Demanding tolerance between covens as well as toward the outside world, Doreen spoke the Anglo-Saxon witch formula called the Wiccan Rede or wise teaching: 'Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil, An' it harm none, do what ye will'."

Aleister Crowley supposedly adopted the Wiccan Rede into his teachings, but he obviously did not adhere to them. His life was filled with sexual perversions, drugs, black majik, and violence.

[Edited 4/6/2010 4:55:48 PM ]

4/7/2010 9:54:03 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

4/11/2010 2:17:39 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
blackwolf10
Mundelein, IL
27, joined Apr. 2010

Im surprised this thread didnt get more people to show up. I myself within the past year or so made my final decision that i want to follow Druidism and Shamanism after a few years of debating it. I havnt been able to get a hold of many resources though. So far all i have are a few books written by Scott Cunningham and other authors who are published by Llewellyn. Mainly im focusing on Stone/Earth and Moon majick for now but i plan on learning about all the elemental and natural majicks. If anyone has some good resources for me to follow please forward them to me.

4/11/2010 2:31:50 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Hi Wolf,

I am pretty surprised about how slow the thread is going myself.

4/11/2010 10:27:00 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

yo, its not the thread that moves slow its the forum/group. This whole forum/group is lucky to get a few posts a day and split up between all the threads that aint shit. most other forums get hundreds of posts, everyday, so that alone makes this one appear to be crawling backwards. DER MENSCH IST GOTT

4/11/2010 11:15:28 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Well maybe we need more nekid bodies running around the bon-fire......

4/11/2010 11:24:39 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

If you've noticed the threads that get the most replies are the mundane and droll ones like, "Would you kiss the person in the pic above you," or some other stupid shit like that. I began the thread to invite all of out brother and sister magic workers to voice out. We're not getting burned anymore so I take it that we can be as public as we want.

4/11/2010 11:29:15 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from blackwolf10:
Im surprised this thread didnt get more people to show up. I myself within the past year or so made my final decision that i want to follow Druidism and Shamanism after a few years of debating it. I havnt been able to get a hold of many resources though. So far all i have are a few books written by Scott Cunningham and other authors who are published by Llewellyn. Mainly im focusing on Stone/Earth and Moon majick for now but i plan on learning about all the elemental and natural majicks. If anyone has some good resources for me to follow please forward them to me.

Would your interest in Stone/Earth Magicl include Crystal Magick? The Tarot Deck I use is the Witches Tarot, published by Llewellyn.

4/11/2010 9:17:27 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

I really try to not let the "burning" or "inquisition" thing get to me. For the most part, the thoughts just trigger some real bad feelings. I thought for the longest time those responsible for such horrific events just acted on their superstitions, calling it "God's Will", while taking their stupidity out on innocent victims. As I get older and more educated though, I feel a deep distrust for anyone not willing to accept that there is NO perfect religion, belief or creed, just ones that either work for an individual or don't. (excluding aliens of course).

4/12/2010 3:49:46 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

I'm basically inclined to think that many rituals in the many religions extant in this world are tailored after the Old Religion. Ours predates practically ALL religions; the only drawback to our religion is that many of our religious ancestors did not keep written records--much of it is oral, passed down through the generations.

4/12/2010 5:14:39 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

I read that the Greeks had a long period of peace, but no written language that they know of for that time period. They later had a huge fascination with "Troy" and the military strength that the Trojans possessed. Alexander the Great 356–323 BC stood as a leading proponent for that surge of interest and ideals. The funny thing is, the great wars of Troy happened two thousand years before Alexander ever stepped foot on the earth. Much like our Warriors of Christ today.

Socrates 469 BC–399 BC held that the oral passing and keeping of knowledge was far superior in it's importance and ability to transfer information. I wonder if his beliefs were related to the way the Greek's lived in peaceful existence, for over a thousand years without writing?

[Edited 4/12/2010 5:18:20 PM ]

4/12/2010 6:36:11 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
I'm basically inclined to think that many rituals in the many religions extant in this world are tailored after the Old Religion. Ours predates practically ALL religions; the only drawback to our religion is that many of our religious ancestors did not keep written records--much of it is oral, passed down through the generations.

Which "old" religion predates practically all religions?

4/13/2010 7:32:59 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from wolfyhp:
Which "old" religion predates practically all religions?

THE old religion... just a guess.

4/13/2010 7:51:46 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from shilli:
THE old religion... just a guess.

Again, WHICH old religion. Are we talking a prehistoric reconstruction based on the Venus of Willendorf? Maybe Sumerian religion? There is no "the" old religion. If you're referring to Wicca, it's not even as old as my grandfather.

So, again, WHICH old religion?

4/13/2010 9:07:05 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from jimy01:
Hoping to hear from like-minded hearts on their chosen paths.
Are you fervent in the Path of your Choice?
Who is your Primary Diety and why?
When were your eyes "opened?"
Do we "tolerate" other religions because of the way we were persecuted and burned, and does it matter to you how others see you?

I am Wiccan, and yes, a FERVENT Wiccan; almost to the the point of zealotry, but not so much that I would sloth another person's beliefs. My Goddess of Choice is Hecate; she gives me solace and everything I need. I became Wiccan after I left the Catholic religion in 1971. And yes, I "tolerate" other religions because they proselytize to the point of rudeness.
Case in point: you don't come up to a complete stranger and simply ask them if they belive in God--no matter how exhuberant you are , or if you are having a spiritual rapture or whatever. To me, religion is like politics and sexual preference: you first seek out like minds, and THEN you congregate.
Fair enough?

Figured if I'm gonna post in the thread, I should respond to the original post.

I am very fervent in the path I am on. It is my choice only in that I choose to walk the path I am meant to walk.

My patron is Amon-Re and my matron is Diana, from the Roman tradition, with some attributes of Artemis (a similar, but not the same, deity) from Greek tradition. However, I also believe in the idea of "Creator" which is "God" and "Goddess" by many names, including within all of us. (part of why I often sign off with the Hindu "Namaste" meaning roughly "the divine spirit in me acknowledges and respects the divine spirit in you."

My eyes were opened at a very young age, but not fully opened until much later (hard to say when, it was a process.) I was raised to believe that magic and psychic gifts were normal, but it was from an odd Romany (gypsy) twist on a blend of Eastern Orthodox traditions and Roman Catholicism. So, I became fervently Christian, keeping my spirit guides and still using magic and psychic gifts. Eventually I realized an awful lot of truths to which I had been blinding myself. I think, as with all of us, my eyes are still being opened.

No, my tolerance of other religions has nothing to do with the burning times. Very few, if any, actual witches were burned during the burning times. Most of it can be attributed to ergot poisoning (from which LSD is derived) and the rest can be attributed to petty jealousy, fear of illness in general, fear of powerful women, and other mundane causes which a dark age society could easily misinterpret.

However, I more than tolerate other religions. I also do not mind proselytizing. The only thing I mind is when they try to make legal policy out of their religious beliefs. Religion should stay out of politics.

As for proselytizing, I am very secure in my own beliefs, but love discussing religion. When missionaries knock on my door, they are welcomed in with smiles and happy conversation. I do not denounce their beliefs and I do not allow them to denounce mine. I have had some very nice conversations with "missionaries" from the LDS and the Jehova's Witness faiths. I'm not going to be converted any time soon. I realize that they firmly believe what they're saying and that their proselytizing is an act of love, however misdirected I might feel it is. I am not going to denounce an act of genuine love.

I also accept that I am one human being. I do not have all the answers. I cannot say that anyone else's interpretation of the divine is any more or less right or wrong than my own. Even if I disagree with someone's basic interpretation of the divine, I can usually learn an awful lot from good conversation with someone who is truly fervent about their beliefs.

Namaste,

Ancient Wolf

4/13/2010 9:08:56 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

sorry mispost

[Edited 4/13/2010 9:09:24 AM ]

4/14/2010 7:39:36 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

During the days when we were abused, in America they hung witches, and they crushed one to death. However in Europe, they did burn, whether you were an avowed witch or not, if they thought you were and wanted you to be, then you were going to burn. In Cologne, they burned 9,000 witches in one day! Many of the "witches" were children some 9 years of age clinging to their parents. In one report, it was said that the square in Cologne looked like a little forest because of all the erect stakes, and all the fodder needed to set the fires.
I am grateful that we don not have to succumb to this anymore and that we have the right to practice our chosen paths.
Theological debates usually end up with one side finally putting the hammer down and professing their faith blindly even to dogmatic details. Just because a certain church says so and so was "assumed up to Heaven," where is the proof of this? There is none; it's all a matter of faith, and people from those religions HAVE to adhere to these dogmatic ideals because their church says so.

[Edited 4/14/2010 7:42:56 PM ]

4/14/2010 7:59:58 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

[Edited 4/14/2010 8:03:37 PM ]

4/17/2010 8:30:06 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
blueaerodome
Minneapolis, MN
70, joined May. 2009

I think that some are scared to post as they may be thought of as weird or something. Dont we all wind up going to the same place, just some take a different road to get there?

4/17/2010 9:20:36 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

jimy01
Citrus Heights, CA
59, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from blueaerodome:
I think that some are scared to post as they may be thought of as weird or something. Dont we all wind up going to the same place, just some take a different road to get there?

Here here!

4/17/2010 9:25:49 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

_ourself_
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,511)
Hamilton, ON
45, joined Apr. 2010

That could be the whole point of it too. When you have all the time in the world, it would be nice to know everyone will have a new story to tell.

4/18/2010 6:37:33 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
35, joined Jun. 2009

there's an old Spanish proverb, that says "All roads lead to Rome."

I happen to hold that as true, at least for me. It just depends on how one defines "Rome"- and what one considers "roads" to be.

4/18/2010 3:50:59 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
twohawks
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (33,449)
Bothell, WA
78, joined Feb. 2008

I am both Wiccan and Pagan and I've heard it all! Accoring to some....I worship the Devil. WRONG! According to some I make small animal sacrifices. WRONG! According to some I drink goats blood. WRONG!

I had a Christian ask me one time "What does goats blood taste like?" His minister had told him and the congregation that Pagans drank goats blood That's one minister that has lost all concepts of reality.

4/18/2010 9:23:02 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

And Xtians drink whose blood?

4/19/2010 12:55:00 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
libralady92366
Meadville, PA
51, joined Apr. 2010

Blessed be to all who come in the name of the Goddess and the God. I saw the light so to speak when my mother was ill and dying. I sat there and thought to myself if the deity she was raised and believed in would allow such suffering by someone who never brought ill to anyone she met I could not believe in them. My real good friend who is wiccan was the one who introduced me to the practices of the anicent ones. My trad is the celtic and norse my deity is Cessair because she allows me to accept change and is teaching me to open my mind and heart to the changes. In my opinion I feel we accept them because we want to lead by example of showing that we are truly a peaceful religion.

4/19/2010 8:47:32 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from twohawks:
I am both Wiccan and Pagan and I've heard it all! Accoring to some....I worship the Devil. WRONG! According to some I make small animal sacrifices. WRONG! According to some I drink goats blood. WRONG!

I had a Christian ask me one time "What does goats blood taste like?" His minister had told him and the congregation that Pagans drank goats blood That's one minister that has lost all concepts of reality.

Yes, it is a common misconception amongst modern Christians that if something is not from their God, then it must be from the "Devil." It doesn't matter to them that we don't believe in their devil because they think he's tricking us. (There's an almost funny ultra Christian book by the infamous "Jack Chick" called, "Wicca; Satan's little white lie." LOL If he wasn't serious it'd be hilarious. I've read it.)

However, what is most important is that you know differently. Educating people by force never works. When they're ready to clean out the cotton in their brains and listen, then we can educate. Until then, just be content that you know the truth. I try to lead a good example. I volunteer everywhere I can, donate to food closets generously year round, etc. Plus, I don't hide that I'm pagan. I'm actually a relatively well known pagan minister (with the legal title of "Reverend") in this community. (Not suggesting that's your path. Just an example. Each person's path is individual and no more nor less important than anyone else's.)

As to animal sacrifices; No, not small animals. Unless you count chickens. However, I only sacrifice them in the sense that I bless the store-bought (already dead and plucked) bird before it goes into a soup.

In seriousness, if I had a ranch I would see no problem with taking one of my cows or sheep and sacrificing it in the name of a deity, then holding a feast with all the meat. (deities usually want the fat and sinew in many cultures.) Would basically be killing an animal for a feast, but with the added ritual. No torture of course. As humane as killing an animal can be. (obviously I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan.)

[Edited 4/19/2010 8:49:57 AM ]

4/19/2010 4:43:28 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
blackwolf10
Mundelein, IL
27, joined Apr. 2010

Yes ive been starting in chrystal majik first and anything i am doing right now i wait for the full moons for the highest energy within my self and the earth. I use Llywellyn's self-made tarot deck. They named it after themselves. Though i havnt used my deck in a while....

[Edited 4/19/2010 4:50:17 PM ]

4/19/2010 4:44:23 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
blackwolf10
Mundelein, IL
27, joined Apr. 2010

sorry i dont really know how to respond using past posts in a convo.

4/19/2010 7:03:25 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from blackwolf10:
sorry i dont really know how to respond using past posts in a convo.

Not a problem. Look at the post you want to use in your response and click the "quote" tab at the top of that post. It will open a reply window with the response you wanted to quote already there for you. Alternatively, you can use the brackets [] around the word quote at the beginning of the quoted line, and then end with [ / quote ] (without the spaces) Just put that which you want to quote in between. (easier to use the quote button.)

[Edited 4/19/2010 7:04:02 PM ]

4/19/2010 9:44:44 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  
twohawks
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (33,449)
Bothell, WA
78, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from wolfyhp:
Yes, it is a common misconception amongst modern Christians that if something is not from their God, then it must be from the "Devil." It doesn't matter to them that we don't believe in their devil because they think he's tricking us. (There's an almost funny ultra Christian book by the infamous "Jack Chick" called, "Wicca; Satan's little white lie." LOL If he wasn't serious it'd be hilarious. I've read it.)

However, what is most important is that you know differently. Educating people by force never works. When they're ready to clean out the cotton in their brains and listen, then we can educate. Until then, just be content that you know the truth. I try to lead a good example. I volunteer everywhere I can, donate to food closets generously year round, etc. Plus, I don't hide that I'm pagan. I'm actually a relatively well known pagan minister (with the legal title of "Reverend") in this community. (Not suggesting that's your path. Just an example. Each person's path is individual and no more nor less important than anyone else's.)

As to animal sacrifices; No, not small animals. Unless you count chickens. However, I only sacrifice them in the sense that I bless the store-bought (already dead and plucked) bird before it goes into a soup.

In seriousness, if I had a ranch I would see no problem with taking one of my cows or sheep and sacrificing it in the name of a deity, then holding a feast with all the meat. (deities usually want the fat and sinew in many cultures.) Would basically be killing an animal for a feast, but with the added ritual. No torture of course. As humane as killing an animal can be. (obviously I'm neither vegetarian nor vegan.)

In my circle we have discussed "The Devil". We think it is a very clever invention of the Christians to offset the power of "God" With God....all is good, so they came up with "The Devil" to offset the power of God with a little evil. The story of the Devil being a "Fallen Angel" is good, but totally fabricated.

4/20/2010 8:22:00 AM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from twohawks:
In my circle we have discussed "The Devil". We think it is a very clever invention of the Christians to offset the power of "God" With God....all is good, so they came up with "The Devil" to offset the power of God with a little evil. The story of the Devil being a "Fallen Angel" is good, but totally fabricated.

You are correct. The "Devil" as such doesn't exist before the New Testament, and the version we're given of the "Devil" today is not even found anywhere in the New Testament. The original idea of Satan was as the accuser of man, a servant of God, not his enemy nor even his opponent, per se. (anyone who cares, see the book of Job in the Hebrew and Christian Bibles.)

While some ideas of the "Devil" were likely picked up in Egypt, Babylon and Persia (during the respective captivity times of the Hebrews in each of those lands,) many modern concepts of the "Devil" were based on pagan gods and descriptions of those gods. As I said, modern Christians are often taught that there's only two choices; their God or their Devil. Even their own Bible disagrees with that notion, with a careful reading. (Happy to discuss that sometime.)

4/20/2010 1:54:16 PM Wiccans, Pagans, Witches, we can come out now.  

shilli
Fairbanks, AK
52, joined Apr. 2010

I take no offence to a few little devils running around from time to time.