Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

private delight

As substantially as we want to adore persons for who they are, finances are vital. maine personals On the other hand, attraction runs much deeper than looks. Expanding up, guys would generally make enjoyable of myself, so when I could feel attractive, it was difficult for me to think other people do as well, one lady wrote. chinese hookup sites Starting a conversation can be challenging if you do not know how.

skipthegames con

Can speak to singles even without sharing your mobile quantity. ormond beach singles We believe nothing is the dating app refund peregian beach accommodation we believe practically nothing is the people will grant either a single booking. Divorce was banging in my head all the time, Rafael said, which created him insist he and his wife begin couples counseling. adulto search In order to make the most out of your time, you should really be asking concerns about their every day lives, Sullivan tells us.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/30/2010 11:22:21 PM Paying the price for Independence  
backtofla
Ormond Beach, FL
68, joined May. 2009

As I write this, southeastern New England, and Rhode Island in particular, is being hammered by rains and flooding described as the worst in the last 100 years. Making matters worse, the same analogy was used just two weeks ago when the region was brutally hit with the same type weather. As a R.I. native with nuclear and extended family still there, I was of course in contact with them throughout the day. On the phone with a sister, I remarked it was just a matter of time before some whack-a-doodle (re: Pat Roberterson) from the religious Right blames it on the pact Rhode Islanders made with the Devil (like Haiti and the earthquakes being blamed on their struggle for independence from the French) when they were the first of the original thirteen colonies to declare their Independence from Great Britian.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/1/2010 4:52:22 PM Paying the price for Independence  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

I've been kinda wondering why someone hasn't brought up the topic that the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a warning from God that maybe through our collective human arrogance, we have been abusing our guardianship of the world ecosystem. No doubt it doesn't fall within the daily talking points of the demagogues of right wing radio and fox news...

7/5/2010 1:24:12 AM Paying the price for Independence  
steveemac
Milwaukee, WI
50, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from idlehour:
I've been kinda wondering why someone hasn't brought up the topic that the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a warning from God that maybe through our collective human arrogance, we have been abusing our guardianship of the world ecosystem. No doubt it doesn't fall within the daily talking points of the demagogues of right wing radio and fox news...
Well, there ya go: God's warnings/punishments are only for those of us on the Left, as we are the only ones that need warning/punishing...

7/5/2010 10:12:57 PM Paying the price for Independence  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Dear backtofla: Did Rhode Islanders really make a pact with the devil? I know there were some strange going-ons in early New England. My grandfather was from Salem, Massachusetts. Now, that was a witch-hunting town for sure.

7/6/2010 11:48:25 AM Paying the price for Independence  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

In this winter of discontent, or is it summer now?...and if its not, why isn't it? But I ran across this from youtube...I'd say its as applicable today as it was when first written, if not more so: On July 26, 1956, the House of Representatives voted 373 to 9 to cite Pete Seeger and seven others (including playwright Arthur Miller) for contempt, as they failed to cooperate with House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) in their attempts to investigate alleged subversives and communists. Pete Seeger testified before the HUAC in 1955. In one of Pete's darkest moments, when his personal freedom, his career, and his safety were in jeopardy, a flash of inspiration ignited this song.[img] [/img]

7/8/2010 8:10:12 PM Paying the price for Independence  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Bravo, dear idlehour. This is a song my Vietnam vet brother plays & sings at most of our family gatherings. I can identify with the portrait of the mother sitting in the chair and gazing worridly ahead. I lived in the constant fear that only a soldier's mother can know, for the two years that my son served in combat in Iraq (2005 & 2007). My daily prayer was: "Dear God, not today. Don't send the Army car to my house today". My son made it home in one piece. So many more sons and daughters did not. The killing goes on. The wounded continue to be admitted to Walter Reed. I'm so proud of all our service men and women, but war is truly hell for them and their families. My son has chosen the Army as his career, and I consider him a hero for his bravery and devotion to duty. He is but one of many.

I agree with the saying: "There will always be War, and rumours of War". I do hope America has learned the lesson of Iraq, and that no future President of the United States will ever again invade a country that poses no imminent threat to us. The lessons of Afghanistan are also coming to us at a terrible price. What will be the final tally there?

7/21/2010 6:42:23 PM Paying the price for Independence  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

You have much reason to be very proud of your son and his service - we all do and are thankful for his honorable service as a citizen soldier. The military is the great melting pot that is seldom seen in these united states - Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native Americans - they all serve. All except the sons and daughters of the well-to-do.

Thats why I have never supported a volunteer army. Don't get me wrong, we need those experienced NCO's and junior officers like your son - their the glue and backbone of the Army and the ones giving and receiving the tough orders. But its wrong for us to be paying humongous reenlistment bonuses for a job that all of us should have to contribute with our own sweat and blood. Everyone should have to serve at least two years in an active duty capacity or four years in reserve. We can't keep rotating the same exhausted soldiers in and out of the same war zone like we have been doing. Its not right, and its costing us way too much.

But primarily, if there was a draft, the sons and daughter of the well-to-do would have to contribute to the betterment of this country, instead of always being a benefactor of such a free and open society. It would also end unproductive wars like the ones we are currently involved in, a lot sooner.

8/10/2010 10:28:20 PM Paying the price for Independence  

coolchick
Over 1,000 Posts (1,074)
Woodway, TX
64, joined Nov. 2006

Quote from idlehour:
You have much reason to be very proud of your son and his service - we all do and are thankful for his honorable service as a citizen soldier. The military is the great melting pot that is seldom seen in these united states - Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native Americans - they all serve. All except the sons and daughters of the well-to-do.

Thats why I have never supported a volunteer army. Don't get me wrong, we need those experienced NCO's and junior officers like your son - their the glue and backbone of the Army and the ones giving and receiving the tough orders. But its wrong for us to be paying humongous reenlistment bonuses for a job that all of us should have to contribute with our own sweat and blood. Everyone should have to serve at least two years in an active duty capacity or four years in reserve. We can't keep rotating the same exhausted soldiers in and out of the same war zone like we have been doing. Its not right, and its costing us way too much.

But primarily, if there was a draft, the sones and daughter of the well-to-do would have to contribute to the betterment of this country, instead of always being a benefactor of such a free and open society. It would also end unproductive wars like the ones we are currently involved in, a lot sooner.

Dear Idlehour: I agree with you 100%. Re-institute the draft. Until the war is brought home to a greater percentage of American families, most will continue to not give a damn about the blood being spilled on foreign shores. Afghanistan has become a quagmire. I fear we will fare no better than the Russians, who lost so many thousands of their young sons before they called it quits and pulled out of that hell-hole.

8/13/2010 9:04:07 PM Paying the price for Independence  

pinto101
Calhoun, GA
42, joined Aug. 2010

allthough i do believe everyone should be required to serve 2 years in the milatary (male and female) upon turning 19. just what would a draft do except the rich stay in college till its over.

8/15/2010 4:32:04 PM Paying the price for Independence  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

No deferments unless your 4-F....none, nodda, zippo!

8/17/2010 9:32:01 AM Paying the price for Independence  

liberal08
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,819)
Spring, TX
65, joined Feb. 2007

And stricter definitions of what constitutes 4F.

Braces on one's teeth, flat feet, acne don't count.

8/19/2010 11:46:48 PM Paying the price for Independence  

idlehour
Over 2,000 Posts (2,259)
Montgomery, AL
61, joined May. 2009

Quote from liberal08:
And stricter definitions of what constitutes 4F.

Braces on one's teeth, flat feet, acne don't count.

I like the way you think liberal108....and I'd draft men up to 60 yo who haven't already served....hell they can drive a supply truck or serve in a cook outfit, lol.