Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal alternative

To begin the conversation as well as give your date an evening to keep in mind with these appropriate ice breaker queries for dating. fort collins personal classifieds But what happened subsequent sealed the deal for Faith. So, of course Darrin s subsequent genius notion is that I stick my thumb out, even though he hides in the dark. okcupid memphis Write your dating story on our confession slips.

date hookup chat

I applied to go to speed dating events in Dublin with speeddating. free online dating sites chicago I went on a date when and the guy told me to meet him at a genuinely dark bar but alternatively of telling me where he was he insisted I find him as he was the most appealing individual there . People say I m introverted, or My good friends all think I m truly spontaneous and jokey . fastest hookup app Right here are some of the most intriguing dating apps and sites out there.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/31/2010 2:25:55 PM First year canner any advice  
southernlady52
Wyandotte, MI
59, joined Jul. 2010

I am winging it with relatives and friends. I have done purple hull peas and squash, cucumbers tomorrow and tomatoes on monday. slow learning process. I will appreciate any advice.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/1/2010 9:44:18 PM First year canner any advice  
coppermare
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,802)
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

LOL sorry, my mama cans but I just blanch and freeze everything.

8/7/2010 6:50:56 AM First year canner any advice  
tigger35670
Over 2,000 Posts (2,575)
Somerville, AL
60, joined Jan. 2007

I freeze alot but have canned also. Will try to answer any question
the best I can for you. Just email me with any. Happy canning!

8/22/2010 6:49:56 PM First year canner any advice  
mrm69
Lobelville, TN
59, joined Aug. 2010

good idea bought a freezer.

8/23/2010 8:13:33 AM First year canner any advice  
chrisbigboy
Danielson, CT
54, joined Jun. 2010

Buy a funnel for filling jars, fill about 1/2 inch from the top. I use the metal lids and boil my jars & lids before I fill the jars. Tha key is to lock the lid on and submerge the canning jar and lid compleatly in your canning pan. it takes about 6 minuts per batch of jars in the boiling water. Use a set of jar clamps to place the jars on a towel to cool. dont use cooking tongs, you could get burned. the right tool for the job. as the jar cools the lid will pop and the jar will be seeled. In regards to tomatos. I bought a (Back to Basics)BRAND food mill & juicer. you can process your tomatos before you boil them down. just cut out the stems & cores first and quarter and run it through the mill. I run my through 2 times and toss the rest in the compost bin. it takes a while to boil down the tomatos. So plan on all day & use a few pans.Season after your done thickening your sauce. 6,5 gallon buckets of tomatos will fill about 36 pint jars of sauce once its boiled down. Good luck

10/15/2010 3:16:31 PM First year canner any advice  
gardenlady2
Raleigh, NC
69, joined Aug. 2010

I used to can everything. BUT then I discovered freezing the garden blessings. SO much easier, even did my pickles that way.

You might reconsider...You might not.

Gardenlady2

11/23/2010 10:10:31 PM First year canner any advice  
lookin2dance
Harrah, OK
70, joined Oct. 2010

when you do the tomatoes..core them,throw them in the freezer either overnite or until winter,when you want heat in the kitchen..take them out,put in a colander,run cold water over them for 30 seconds. the skins will slip right off..no boiling and straining...then you can throw them in the blender and cook them down,or cut them,whatever.

if you have yellow cukes,that are way over ripe..slice them in 1 inch slices.seed them.pack them in pint jars.make a simple syrup of water,sugar and red hot cinnamon candies.pour over the cukes.can them and store for a month in a cool dry place.they will taste like apple rings when you eat them.

12/23/2010 6:28:24 AM First year canner any advice  
me4u694us
Yellville, AR
70, joined Dec. 2010

I noticed that a lot of you are saying to go to freezing because it's easier. Well, it is easier but if you lose your power, you will lose your food.Canning may take more work but the food lasts longer and you won't lose it in a power outage. A helpful book would be the Ball Bluebook. You might also find some good ideas at uga.edu/nchfp.com.

1/12/2011 10:44:34 AM First year canner any advice  

sc_dawg
Prosperity, SC
42, joined Jan. 2011

I can jellies and stuff using the bake and boil method. but for the most part, pressure canner is the ticket. Kills everything. Cleanliness is a must in every canning project. Can make or break you.
I'm with the above statement on power outage. I can and freeze both meat and vegetables/fruit. With a PC you can make home made ready to eat chili's soups, and a ton of other stuff.

1/19/2011 10:46:31 AM First year canner any advice  
bumblebee57
Strawberry Plains, TN
60, joined Nov. 2010

For best and freshest taste, can your veggies as soon as you pick them.

1/30/2011 7:18:23 PM First year canner any advice  
nonnagina
Scio, OH
63, joined Aug. 2010

because of this economic downturn I have been canning up meats too. I buy bottom and top round roasts on sale cut them into fork size stew beef precook them alittle and jar them up with 1 tsp salt add juice and water and seal up . Place in canner with boiling water in it and boil for 90 minutes. Take out and cool. Good for a couple years if they last that long. Use it for stews, beef and gravy, or cook down and add barbeque sauce.
I do chicken too. Cut up mixed meats and can same way. Or just breasts whole in a jar. Or thighs in a jar.
Veggies put in jars add 1 tsp salt and fill with boiling water. Seal and boil 1 hour. take out and cool.
Lasts longer. Tomatoes dont have to be processed. I do them two ways. I cut them up and put in blender and dump in large pot . Boil down till no foam. Pour boiling into jars. wipe seal upend til cool. they have enough natural acid to keep them. I only do red tomatoes.
The other way is to blanch tomatoes in hot water then put in cold. skin peels right off. cut in quarters put into jars add 1tsp salt and water bath 15 minsHope this helps

Oh by the way want to let folks know I met the man of my dreams here at DH last year. My cowboy and i are getting married July 30,2011. Thanks DH for the venue. Dreams do come true

2/8/2011 3:22:20 AM First year canner any advice  

nom_essages010
Over 2,000 Posts (2,449)
International Falls, MN
52, joined Jan. 2011

Wow, glad I'm not the only one interested in learning how to can foods. I freeze berries for the winter. Real novice here

3/26/2011 8:13:31 AM First year canner any advice  
verbatim45
Minneapolis, MN
57, joined May. 2010

Get a book and follow the instructions ball canning is one of the better ones and there stuff is on line free Have fun

4/7/2011 11:57:47 AM First year canner any advice  
cruisebuddy
Lobelville, TN
59, joined Feb. 2011

I think canning is better. I lost everything in my freezer one year and it was devastating.

5/9/2011 7:14:06 PM First year canner any advice  
seethersucks
Louisa, VA
47, joined Apr. 2011

For crisper pickles............make sure you use pickling cukes. Soak them in bathtub of ice for an hour while you make the brine.
Know your stove!!! Do a test run to see how long it takes to seal a jar. The stove I used was weak and we just used boiling water so the difference between a good batch. and a bad batch was as little as turning off the ceiling fan and putting top on pot(air was cooling water so it took to long to get back to boil)
The trick to canning is to seal the fresh food not cook it,lol

5/9/2011 7:18:33 PM First year canner any advice  
seethersucks
Louisa, VA
47, joined Apr. 2011

Very important!!! When taking hot jars out of boiling water only set them on completely dry towels. The jar WILL bust if the towel is wet

5/19/2011 9:33:47 AM First year canner any advice  

bones01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,598)
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Best advice I can give anyone who raises their own food is to buy the book "Stocking Up" from Rodale Press. It is the most extensive compilation on how to preserve food that has ever been written.
It gives you step by step procedures for canning and drying, freezing, etc. You won't regret the purchase.