Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best cougar hookup sites

And then at evening we ve been singing songs and telling stories, which is quite enjoyable. stamford dating She said by the time operate picked back up for her and issues started to open up, the two had currently definitely connected. But of course, Mary reached out to me a couple weeks later. adultlook mn To start out, if you re using a dating app, don t inform them.

absolutely free hookup sites

I m upfront, curious and adventurous and looking for the same in ladies. craigslist fort dodge personals I joined Plenty of Fish and put myself out there, but a handful of weeks passed and I didn t have a great deal good results till one woman wrote me back. Now in the thick of their corporation developing journey, Lin and her co founder are focused on finding their concept off the ground. cougarlife refund As an alternative of forcing you to fill out a lengthy questionnaire, the app s algorithm notes who you are interacting with to better serve up potential matches.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/15/2011 5:16:12 PM How is your garden going?  
ed49232
Camden, MI
54, joined Jun. 2010

Its been a long winter here and I have the gardening bug.

I live in Michigan so everything is still a little dormant. Yesterday I did start a raised bed for veggies. I went out got some wood for the borders rotatilled the base.

On Saturday I plan on getting a couple of truck loads of dirt. Around here it usually frosts untill Mothers Day. Im keeeping it small so that I will be able to keep up with the weeds.

With envy I do enjoy reading about what the rest of the country is doing with their extended growing seasons.

So whats going on in your Garden?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/16/2011 10:29:21 AM How is your garden going?  
xjkol
Chehalis, WA
67, joined Apr. 2011

Lots of rain here in Western Washington state ..Hard to wait until mid May before planting? In a shelter I have few sugar peas just starting to come up . Saw my first baby rabbit this season.. Probably will be more than usual but fence has seem to work in past? Only garden a few square feet here..Have a whole 5 ac . so any woman want to sink her hands into the soil and enjoy gardening is welcome .lots of Fun !

4/22/2011 2:30:22 AM How is your garden going?  
cg4227
Turtle Lake, WI
45, joined Apr. 2011

Just waiting for the ground to warm up here in northern Wisconsin. Just have some tulips and daffodils that are about 6 or 8 inches high. I've been raking up pinecones in the yard and burning the flower 'trash' from last summer to make the flower beds ready for grow'in. Trying to decide if I should go with a color scheme this year or just but what annuals look good to fit in with the perennials.

4/22/2011 6:44:17 AM How is your garden going?  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

It's interesting to read on how the climate is so different between the northern states and the southern. Here the tomatoes are almost ready. The beans are coming off now. Citrus has set fruit as with peaches, plums, pears, ect. We have to get an early start before the summer heat arrives. Now if we could just get some rain to water all that stuff.

4/24/2011 7:35:05 PM How is your garden going?  
nothingtolose52
Bowling Green, KY
65, joined Dec. 2010

It's rained so much, my neighbor broke my garden spot with his tractor, but before I could get a chance to plant, it's rained, rained, and it's raining right now. Pouring down, but sounds good on my metal roof. Good sleeping weather.

4/24/2011 11:09:24 PM How is your garden going?  
cg4227
Turtle Lake, WI
45, joined Apr. 2011

It sure is a drastic difference. I passed some snow piles that are shaded by the sun today, but most all of it is melted. We are excited of the prospects of hitting near 70 degrees only for the 2nd time so far this spring. We had LOTS of rain late last week..I may even have to mow soon for the first time

4/25/2011 9:30:55 AM How is your garden going?  
cowgirl212
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,827)
Coshocton, OH
59, joined Dec. 2008

It just won't stop raining in OH. I've managed to get 2 truck loads of cow manure on the garden.....tilling it in is impossible with all this rain.
My forget-me-nots are blooming, bulb flowers are also in bloom.

4/25/2011 9:21:11 PM How is your garden going?  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
60, joined Sep. 2010

My starters are still on the porch - it got warm enough, but with all the rain, there is no way to get into the gardens....... I have rivers running through the yard - that aren't supposed to be there! Mud up to the ankles, and storms are not inducive to gardening. My gardening "bug" has turned into a "monster" but . . . . . . I must wait it out. Ohio will dry out a bit soon - I hope!

Green thumbs rule!!! Kat

PS -> hey Cowgirl - can we send some of this rain on down to Texas?

[Edited 4/25/2011 9:22:42 PM ]

4/25/2011 9:46:08 PM How is your garden going?  
cg4227
Turtle Lake, WI
45, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from gypsykat:

PS -> hey Cowgirl - can we send some of this rain on down to Texas?

WOULD love to capture it all and bring it to Texas. Looks like at least the eastern part of the state is getting some rain tonight though...but rough weather too

4/26/2011 8:12:59 AM How is your garden going?  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

We Texans would very much welcome ya'lls rain. Things are getting real bad down here. My sweet corn is trying to set ears and it's only a foot tall. Field corn is going to be a total loss also. No rain here since January.

4/27/2011 9:59:29 AM How is your garden going?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

It's been fully Spring here for a while now. My yellow rose bush is fully blooming, bursting with little roses (it's a miniature rose bush in a pot, but the roses are bigger than typical miniatures I've seen. Must be the great soil and the coffee grounds.) My miniature red rose bush always loses its leaves and becomes a stick during the winter, and it has all of its leaves back now. I haven't looked yet today to see if there's any buds on it. I think it's odd that my yellow rose bush stays vibrant green all winter, while the red one becomes a dormant stick. Because of that, the yellow rose bush is MUCH larger than the red one, while they were the same size at purchase around the same time (a couple years ago.)

All my other flowers are blooming nicely, my purple million bells, my white flowers that are similar to those (I forget the name off hand) in the large pot out front. My dahlias haven't come up yet, nor have my gladiolas, but they'll get there.

I missed being able to do much with my balcony garden all winter. Even here in sunny California you're not supposed to plant until after the last hard frost, but thankfully that usually passes in March.

I planted some flowers that butterflies love, hoping they'll do well potted. Just a mix of seeds, don't recall all what was in there.

Part of my garden is my hummingbird and bird-seed feeders. The birds almost don't leave this area, but there is a month or two where there's few or where you don't see any. I'm glad they're all back and enjoying the treats out there for them.

4/30/2011 9:03:34 PM How is your garden going?  
drozzie
Pipestone, MN
57, joined Apr. 2010

tilled the garden once let it dry out if it ever will got 4 tenth on it that night the soil is to cold to plant up here when the soil warms up things sprout that much quicker

5/4/2011 9:17:10 AM How is your garden going?  
abbygirl22
Waco, TX
29, joined Apr. 2011

Hey

My squash has started to blossum and I have 20 baby tomatoes working their way up from a cranberry to a grape!

5/4/2011 9:59:18 PM How is your garden going?  
sweetestcherry
Louisville, KY
49, joined Apr. 2011

I'm in the same boat as Cowgirl. Raining nonstop it seems

Although I was able to my manure mixture tilled into my garden before all of this started. I'm still waiting for at least two good dry days before I can go in and place my plants.

5/5/2011 7:32:21 AM How is your garden going?  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

Boy it sure would be nice if you northern folks could send some of that rain our way because we are drying up bad down here. News says we haven't been this dry in 40 years. I gave up on my garden and farming this year is pretty much done too. Anything that isn't irrigated is pretty much gone.

5/8/2011 7:42:42 PM How is your garden going?  
seekthestars
Ann Arbor, MI
44, joined May. 2011

My garden is just starting. I have my seedlings ready for planting. Might get to do that this week.

5/9/2011 5:05:17 PM How is your garden going?  
seethersucks
Louisa, VA
47, joined Apr. 2011

I hadn't gardened since I used to help my dad when I was 17. Last year my oldest daughter decided we were gonna have a garden. We tilled a 30x20 area in the back yard and had a blast.ything
This year I doubled the size. Ill add pics this weekend after I get every thing planted.
I've got.......15 tomato plant(3 varieties),8 broccoli plants,34 corn plants,18 red onions,16yellow onions,5 yellow bell peppers,7 romaine lettuce,9celery,17 sweet pea,7sunflower,5pickling cucumbers,one regular,haswatermelon,beets,and one green bell pepper plant in 5gallon bucket I've been growing since last year(it has 18 peppers on it rite now!) Gonna start some taters,colliflower,cabbage,and assorted herbs after I free up some planters.
I started all my plants from seed. It takes some skill but you learn from your mistakes(or just ask someone) ..its unreal how much healthier tomato plants are started from seed,they take forever to get the size like from nursery but the stalks are 5 times bigger
I start all my seeds inside after valentines day

5/9/2011 5:15:22 PM How is your garden going?  
seethersucks
Louisa, VA
47, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from thebarefoot1:
It's interesting to read on how the climate is so different between the northern states and the southern. Here the tomatoes are almost ready. The beans are coming off now. Citrus has set fruit as with peaches, plums, pears, ect. We have to get an early start before the summer heat arrives. Now if we could just get some rain to water all that stuff.

My misspent youth taught me the wonderful things about botany and the different time zones and indoor growing. I have a bell pepper plant ive been growing for over a year now,it blooms in the spring and the fall. Plants bloom when they get less than 12 hours of light for longer than 2 weeks. If your plant was grown in the early spring it would bloom like mine. I dream of having a growroom (legal) so I can enjoy fresh veggies and the beauty of those green leafy beings we all love to devour!

5/17/2011 9:37:56 AM How is your garden going?  

denimjeans
Over 2,000 Posts (2,229)
El Dorado, AR
76, joined May. 2009

Hello, I have little tomatoes, little squash, little cabbage plants. When the cabbage gets the big leaves all over but the head hasn't started to form on it yet, can you cut off and eat the big leaves? Same question about broccli leaves, can you eat them? I'm no "GARDENER" but want to learn. Jean

5/17/2011 1:47:52 PM How is your garden going?  

twoletters
Over 1,000 Posts (1,692)
Overgaard, AZ
70, joined Oct. 2007

My garden is just starting to come up and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Dam !
Guess I'll have to get a big canvas tarp and try to cover everything that's sprouted.
We haven't had any moisture in over a month,been watering twice a day,things are coming up and now we're gonna get snow.
All the fruit trees were in bloom but the wind has been brutal and blew all the flowers off the trees,no fruit again this year.

5/17/2011 5:43:24 PM How is your garden going?  
troxaly
Joliet, IL
35, joined May. 2011

my tomatos seem like there dying off the leaves are really soft but they got plenty of water maybe they froze

5/19/2011 9:25:10 AM How is your garden going?  

bones01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,598)
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

I should be picking some of my yellow squash and zuchinni in a few days. Tomatoes in about 3 weeks. Nice to live where I can get an early start on a garden, even though it is pretty small. Onions are growing fast. This pick was taken about a month ago.

Photobucket

5/19/2011 2:22:58 PM How is your garden going?  
cali_monique
Fort Worth, TX
40, joined Feb. 2010

My garden is very sad and small this year. But, the strawberries, tomatoes, blackberries, peppers and various herbs that I do have are doing well. I replaced the apricot tree the dog ate earlier this year (actually I replaced it with another apricot tree, a peach tree, and a blood orange tree).

5/20/2011 3:17:33 AM How is your garden going?  
ed49232
Camden, MI
54, joined Jun. 2010

I finished putting out the rest of my plants right before Mothers day. Its been raining almost every other day since then.All the rain seems to accelerate the weeds.

I also had something picking off my tomato plants branches. I think it must be a nest building bird. I have never had an issue with anything eating a tomato plant before. So I had to replant and I put some chickenwire around them.

Everything looks good. I havent done a ton of gardens and usually something goes wrong like a late frost or no rain or I am too busy to even start one. Ive got garlic, onions tomatoes a bunch of different peppers, peas, cukes, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and some squash.

Normally its just tomatoes and onions. It just seemed like a good idea to expand. Plus mixed flats were only 10 dollars at this greenhouse down the road.

5/21/2011 10:14:07 AM How is your garden going?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,003)
Cedar Grove, WV
75, joined Mar. 2008

well i am just today planting my tomatoes, and peppers, and squash. i know it is a little late, but it has rained two and three days a week, and been cold all spring. The ground is still wetter than i like it for planting, but i hope they do ok.

5/23/2011 11:57:28 PM How is your garden going?  

hildaback
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,180)
Jacksonville, FL
57, joined Sep. 2010

I started a small garden in my flower box outside. I just have some tomato plants and those flowers that keep the pests away. I may need something else the leaves are getting a little eatedn. I do not want to use chemicals. Any suggestions. I am very new to this . I am trying for the grands. Thanks for any help.

5/24/2011 10:31:30 AM How is your garden going?  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from denimjeans:
Hello, I have little tomatoes, little squash, little cabbage plants. When the cabbage gets the big leaves all over but the head hasn't started to form on it yet, can you cut off and eat the big leaves? Same question about broccli leaves, can you eat them? I'm no "GARDENER" but want to learn. Jean

Hi Jean.
You might want to keep those leaves on the plants as they are needed for further growth.

A good starter book for gardening can be found at Lowes or Home Depot. I have one from Ortho on Veggies and it has alot of good info.

5/24/2011 9:20:32 PM How is your garden going?  

denimjeans
Over 2,000 Posts (2,229)
El Dorado, AR
76, joined May. 2009

Thanks bones. My garden is still growing pretty good, especially the weeds, lol. Seems the squash is not doing real well, but steamed and ate one of the broccili today, mummmm good. Jean

5/27/2011 7:08:43 PM How is your garden going?  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
64, joined Apr. 2008

so much rain and we have had cool spells just planted beans and okra yesterday might be a late garden put out 6 tomato plants and 4 squash plants first time ever buying squash plants usually start those from seed

5/27/2011 7:10:46 PM How is your garden going?  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
64, joined Apr. 2008

and i bought a new motor for my troybuilt made things easier by far

6/4/2011 11:37:21 AM How is your garden going?  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
64, joined Apr. 2008

we sure could use a overnight soaking rain its dry here already:signlol::

6/12/2011 1:13:27 PM How is your garden going?  
leslie0844
Buchanan, GA
60, joined Jun. 2011

Hate to see my water bill this month! Nothing but Hot&Dry!!!!!!

6/12/2011 1:59:38 PM How is your garden going?  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from leslie0844:
Hate to see my water bill this month! Nothing but Hot&Dry!!!!!!

Mine too. But it's worth every penny we spend.

6/12/2011 3:30:46 PM How is your garden going?  
leslie0844
Buchanan, GA
60, joined Jun. 2011

I agree! I love my plants!!!!!

6/13/2011 6:35:23 PM How is your garden going?  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
64, joined Apr. 2008

my waterbill going to skyrocket and i planted 12 more hills of squash this evening just waiting for sunset to water again

6/15/2011 7:03:55 PM How is your garden going?  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
64, joined Apr. 2008

my garden is looking pretty good and finally getting rain tonight a good thunderstorm i feel blessed

6/24/2011 3:26:37 PM How is your garden going?  
4gnosis
Happy Jack, AZ
56, joined Jun. 2011

..well, my h2o bill was not as bad as I thought it would be. Having to water twice a day, I had my concerns. The corn is knee high an hasn't started turning yellow yet.. so that's a good sign. Got numerous peppers and tomatoes, tho no ripe tomatoes yet. I've been eating zucchini squash for about a month now.. an I'm about ready to pull those suckers up to get some fall veggies started.. just for something different.

6/25/2011 4:52:42 AM How is your garden going?  
opuow
Dalton, GA
39, joined Jun. 2011

Mine is doin super , Although I do not know why for the life of me that I planted winter squash

6/25/2011 12:27:48 PM How is your garden going?  
4gnosis
Happy Jack, AZ
56, joined Jun. 2011

lol @ winter squash.

I would like it if my cat could stop eating the leaves off the corn stocks. I worry that she could get sick from the 7dust. ..still no ginger root sprouts.

6/30/2011 2:55:29 AM How is your garden going?  
oneis
Johnson City, NY
69, joined May. 2011

Cucumbers, Roma Tomatoe plants ( if the rabbits dont eat them! And that other little creature!
I have Hot peppers and a different type of tomatoe plants.

Peppermint that grows like wild.
Parsley, thyme, garlic chives ( love that aroma!)

Last year the zucchini did not grow so great so I gave up on that.

7/23/2011 9:20:36 PM How is your garden going?  

nitramrlm
Ruston, LA
34, joined Jul. 2011

We could use some rain. I plant my garden down in a bottom that has some natural springs around it but it's still dry. Didn't plant to many purple hull peas this year, 100+ degree heat is no fun to pick in. I think I only got 20 bushels this year. My okra is looking super nice, 45 plants. Pumpkins are coming up nice. Cucumbers didn't do very well. Must have bought some bad pinto bean seeds because they look horrible lol. That's all I've done this year.

7/25/2011 11:54:42 AM How is your garden going?  
red35670
Somerville, AL
60, joined Feb. 2011

Bell Peppers starting to do good. Tomato's doing good. Going to can some today.
Squash is not doing good. I planted 2 more hills and hope they do good.
The grasshoppers are eating my flowers as quick as they start blooming. Have tried
just about everything. Afraid they are going to go to my garden next.
what to do?

7/26/2011 9:19:49 AM How is your garden going?  
hlkeo
Ogden, UT
29, joined Feb. 2011

This season has been outstanding! Been eating fresh stuff since the begining of this thread!! Utah has the bomb climate! Not to mention a green house is always handy

7/26/2011 11:38:48 AM How is your garden going?  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from hlkeo:
This season has been outstanding! Been eating fresh stuff since the begining of this thread!! Utah has the bomb climate! Not to mention a green house is always handy

It's great to hear that some of you younger folks like to garden.

8/11/2011 4:11:01 PM How is your garden going?  
samanthasteven
Owings, MD
24, joined Mar. 2011

We`ve had alot of rain in Maryland. My garden is thriving because of it, we grew Snow peas, green beens, bush pickles, egg plants, and a bunch of tomatoes, more than we can eat.

8/12/2011 6:28:09 PM How is your garden going?  
drozzie
Pipestone, MN
57, joined Apr. 2010

getting dry here we need rain the tomatoes look good been eating some. onions are really small. carrots are bad to patotoes are really good.

8/12/2011 9:44:14 PM How is your garden going?  
red35670
Somerville, AL
60, joined Feb. 2011

Bell Pepper plants still look good but not producing too big of peppers. Not sure
why. Tomato plants doing ok since the storm and worms damaged them but not as
pretty as they were. Onions didn't do good at all and squash is gone. Thought about
replanting but haven't yet and not sure if it is too late. Planted 2 hills out back
but they are not doing good. Small and not producing yet.

8/22/2011 1:34:47 PM How is your garden going?  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
71, joined Jun. 2011

my garden is not doing so well but the watermelons growing in the topsoil in the bed of my old chevie pickup are really doing good .I think my grand kids spit seeds in the truck bed the weekend they were herethis might be my best crop this year.
gives new meaning for the term truck farm

8/23/2011 5:51:03 PM How is your garden going?  
red35670
Somerville, AL
60, joined Feb. 2011

The picking of my tomatoes today are probably the best ones I have had all
summer. No splits or eaten spots. Maybe the tiny bit of cooler weather and
rain when we need it has helped. Seems I was either having to water them or
too much rain. Even with them laying over now from the bad storm about a month
ago they seem to be doing good right now. Finally got the prettiest bell pepper
of the summer too.

8/26/2011 1:42:07 PM How is your garden going?  
westy690
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,619)
Phoenix, AZ
45, joined Mar. 2011

no gardening here in summer believe it or not..lol it just doesnt work..
but here in this climate there is a yr round growing season and smart gardeners will now plant veggies in aug for a nov-dec harvest, its better to grow veg gardens in fall/winter here than in summer.. just the opposite of most of you folks..haha

9/6/2011 11:06:42 PM How is your garden going?  
lo_stress
Redwood Falls, MN
51, joined Dec. 2010

In this area it has been a mediocre growing season all things considered. This year I came within a week of not planting the veggie gardens at all. That would have been the first time in 39 years on this location. I kept the string alive but ended up seeding in the mud or my poorly tilled soil in between rains. Many neighbors did not get gardens planted so I have been sharing what I have with them - I am sure the positive karma created will reward me in the future.

Things that have done well or are doing well in my gardens are asparagus, garlic, green bush snap beans, purple bush snap beans, yellow bush snap beans, pole snap beans, noodle beans, cow peas, eggplant, zucchini, scallop squash, cucumbers, walking onions, green onions, horseradish, kohlrabi, turnips, rutabaga, radishes, lettuce, spinach, radicchio, corn salad, chicory, endive, mesclun, swiss chard, cilantro, basil, dill, sage, thyme, lovage, lemon grass, savory, fennel, sesame, garden huckleberries, ground cherries, cape gooseberries, currants, alpine strawberries.

Things that have done just o.k. or are doing just o.k. are tomatoes, dry beans, shelly beans, fava beans, potatoes, beets, carrots, parsnips, sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, shallots, potato onions, okra, broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomatillos, celery, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, heirloom grains, edamame soybeans, jerusalem artichoke.

Things that failed miserably are apples, pears, plums, apricots, cherries, bush cherries, sand cherries, gooseberries, rhubarb, peas, cauliflower, cabbage.

I did get a wonderful bumper crop of weeds. Go figure they were just thrilled with the weather we have had! Oh well - weeding keeps me out of trouble and gets me out in the sunshine to soak up some rays.

The fresh produce that I do get is always considered a blessing by me and it is enjoyed immensely. I never feel better than I do during high summer, from eating all the healthy, freshly-harvested, chemical-free, vine-ripened food. It's worth all the backaches. The dinner menu this evening: a late meal of angus, shrimp, and veggie kabobs grilled on an open apple-wood fire, eggplant parmesan as an appetizer, one of my finer bottles of wine as the beverage of choice. All will be enjoyed on the deck while viewing a pleasant early September sunset with Strauss entertaining and the creek bubbling in the distance.

Urging all to stop to smell the roses. Wishing peace and low stress.

9/23/2011 9:19:18 AM How is your garden going?  
sparksinbed200
San Jose, CA
24, joined Sep. 2011

i am growing flowers,tomatoes,catus, and apples.tomatoes are alomost done to harvest

9/26/2011 7:06:43 PM How is your garden going?  
westlondonguy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,070)
London
United Kingdom
37, joined Jan. 2011

We grow lots of fruit and veg.

Sadly we have had a drought in the spring and a wet summer in London. this has prevented things from growing real good this year.

Did cultivate a cherry plant from a stone/pip ... its 20 cms ! lol..

I have started to put the garden to bed for the winter today...feels so weird removing plants that are still in flower...but the gardens are just so big, we need to make a start.

Kind regards.

9/27/2011 6:43:55 PM How is your garden going?  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Seems like it's been a tough season for some. My tomatoes did not do well but sweet peppers and squash, onions, sunflowers and cucumbers did fine. I just planted some of my winter veggies and have starts on Brocolli, brussel sprouts and winter squash are taking off well.
Time now for planting carrots and garlic plus spinach and more lettuce. Glad we just bought a small freezer.

Good luck to all on your Fall Gardens.