Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

sissy hookup

The new age user utilizes mobile apps for a range of purposes such as generating payments by means of UPI apps, ordering food & groceries or studying in a fun way. ohio dating In fact, I ve been on OkCupid on and off, for roughly the final 11 years. Join one of the best no cost on the net dating site among other American dating web sites and meet appealing single males and ladies from any element of United States. what does null mean on tinder Your data is helping on line marketers sell you stuff.

mega personal meet now

They get a exciting dashboard to gamify the encounter and give them much better feedback in future. florida chat rooms Comprehensive waste of time if you happen to be a guy. However, although, they had an unexpected guest join them. meetme user search Met this guy on one particular of the on line dating websites tall, handsome, an engineer, carrying out MBA his photographs looked really good so I was rather motivated to meet him.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/12/2011 2:35:07 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,024)
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

saw a mention today of men after breakups date sometimes the clone of that person the next time around...is it because they like everything about that person but want a younger version instead of them for one or maybe liked the life they each shared but the woman doesn't provide the thrill ...i tried to look this up online but since this morning i can't recall where i saw it on TV...guess i'm all sorped out...

It mentioned Arod the NY Yankees baseball player was dating actress Cameron Diaz (did not know they broke up) and now dating a younger version of her the TV showed (tall blond and thin but younger wearing sunglasses etc)..

there was mention of the late actor John Derek and his 3 ex wives down to Bo Derek...each younger and more beautiful then the other before he died...what was his game--decent looking man of his times but you know that story right

anyone see this this morning on TV

there were other actors or sports fugures now or in the past mentioned too about their tastes in the next woman of their lives but it seems all looked like their exes almost down to looks but everyone was younger then the ex...

Questions???

Do women date guys that look like their exes and/ or have maybe for materialistic reasons too... Do you men have those urges too or just seem to want a younger version for any reason???? ...esp what reasons

It's not a matter of IF but more a matter of WHEN I always say and I'm sure we all want love no matter when it happens so we don't die unhappy...what's your choice or opinions???

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/13/2011 1:56:59 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sorpstar
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

just one question, maybe two

1> No one thinks this is a good tread to debate and you're all NOT looking for your next guy or woman to not have anything to do with your past relationships..

2> thanks anyway ...You sent me a great message--guess you all love those word game threads... Happy Ho Ho Ho

12/13/2011 7:28:02 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

ireneann
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,882)
Stuart, FL
62, joined Dec. 2009

I would not want you to feel ignored sorpstar...so my answer would be (to one of your questions)~~~

As soon as Katie Couric posts her answers....I will be ready with mine!

Merry Christmas......to YOU!

12/13/2011 7:35:37 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
icehouse54
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,622)
New Market, AL
60, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from ireneann:

I would not want you to feel ignored sorpstar...so my answer would be (to one of your questions)~~~

As soon as Katie Couric posts her answers....I will be ready with mine!

Merry Christmas......to YOU!

I think sorp had a dream

Imagine, that relationship not working

12/13/2011 7:52:15 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
copa157
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,049)
Port Orange, FL
64, joined Jul. 2010

Maybe this thread was started at a slow time of the day, on a slow day in general. I didn't even see it last night when I was on.

I think it's a good topic...There seem to be a lot of questions for one post, and I'm not quite sure how to answer it. I never try to compare one person to another...unless it's to learn something I need to avoid. I can't say as I have ever dated two women that looked the same...probably because I never looked for a particular "type" when searching.

I learned a long time ago to make comparisons of another is totally unfair and pointless....each person is a unique individual. I do know I never accept or enjoy any conversation that involves compairing me with an ex. You can make mention of things you did with your ex, but to compare either physical, spiritual, financial or emotional traits as an A/B list is not my cup of tea.

It just falls into the catagory of "Been there, done that".

Did I answer the question right?

12/13/2011 7:56:19 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

ireneann
Stuart, FL
62, joined Dec. 2009

I think it is a wonderful answer Mr. Copa!

12/13/2011 8:00:16 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

dimplesdance
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,656)
Salem, MO
60, joined Nov. 2011

I am not real clear on the question... but I know that I do not want to date anyone like my first 2 husbands... with both though there were lessons learned, more on what I do not want, and what to be more cautious in looking for in someone in the future. Not saying they are not good men.. just saying I learned more about what I can be tolerant of and what I can not....

12/13/2011 8:02:28 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
plans42
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,904)
Norfolk, NE
54, joined Nov. 2011

My ex's mistress (now live in) was older, uglier, and has no boobs...nothing like me.

Does that help OP?

12/13/2011 8:05:23 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sunshineluckyou
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (21,875)
Mount Ephraim, NJ
67, joined Feb. 2008

Gosheeeeeeeeee--Why Would Any Want A Clone Of What You Had Before
Personally----It was the wonderful personality with great sense of humor that peeked my interestFollowed by the taller than before handsome dudeAlso kind of opposite from before on their view towards almost everythingSo very nice to be appreciated & have common courtesies given nowNot to mention no arguingBoth being on the same keel so to speakLook for what makes you happy & that you make them happy

12/13/2011 8:07:35 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
singlelifeok
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,016)
Mystic, CT
60, joined Dec. 2009

Scorp if it was about him just liking her looks don't you think a face lift would have been cheaper than a divorce?

They must like that look, whatever it is, in their women but don't want her to grow old.

Personally I'd like something really different. I don't even want the same name. hahahahahahaha

12/13/2011 8:08:57 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
natureluvver1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,140)
Ocala, FL
59, joined Aug. 2010

I have an ongoing joke with a guy in town who already has a girlfriend so hands off of course but I kid him I would like to have him cloned for me. My bad.

Not a bad question but it lends itself to thoughts in line with the type of person, looks and interests, that keep attracting us.

I know a guy now on his 3rd relationship over many years and the third is more like the first in personality but all three are blondes with wavy hair and I think his theme song must be "I like my women a little on the trashy side" lmao.

12/13/2011 8:10:56 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
borderlinegal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,149)
Madison, IN
65, joined Aug. 2011

A gal I know saw a pic of my X's now wife, she said they seem to marry someone who looks like the previous spouse. Boy WAS I offended. She has short hair like I did but dang there is NO resemblance.

I am older by 5 yrs, but tastefully applies makeup, dress nicer and know how towalk in heels, I can cook, apparently she can't cause my daughter always tells me about the Kroger dinner she had, well, there you have it. I am clearly better. LOL LOL LOL

But here is another question, I have heard and read that men whether divorced or widowed, marry in 6-12 months because they hate being alone. True or False?

12/13/2011 8:11:22 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
icehouse54
New Market, AL
60, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from plans42:
My ex's mistress (now live in) was older, uglier, and has no boobs...nothing like me.

Does that help OP?

I,m not gonna touch this one Sorp

12/13/2011 8:14:18 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
plans42
Norfolk, NE
54, joined Nov. 2011

Quote from icehouse54:
I,m not gonna touch this one Sorp

12/13/2011 8:26:42 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
icehouse54
New Market, AL
60, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from borderlinegal:
A gal I know saw a pic of my X's now wife, she said they seem to marry someone who looks like the previous spouse. Boy WAS I offended. She has short hair like I did but dang there is NO resemblance.

I am older by 5 yrs, but tastefully applies makeup, dress nicer and know how towalk in heels, I can cook, apparently she can't cause my daughter always tells me about the Kroger dinner she had, well, there you have it. I am clearly better. LOL LOL LOL

But here is another question, I have heard and read that men whether divorced or widowed, marry in 6-12 months because they hate being alone. True or False?

Yes, it did with me

Damn, I got baggagebut I'm better for it

12/13/2011 8:40:22 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
plans42
Norfolk, NE
54, joined Nov. 2011

Quote from borderlinegal:

Love it...Thanks border

12/13/2011 8:41:26 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
knocknenter
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,894)
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
61, joined Jan. 2011

no

12/13/2011 8:43:17 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
plans42
Norfolk, NE
54, joined Nov. 2011

very simply put knock

12/13/2011 8:46:05 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
knocknenter
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
61, joined Jan. 2011

can't imagine why someone would. i want a new face...turn the page.

12/13/2011 8:46:44 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
plans42
Norfolk, NE
54, joined Nov. 2011

Amen to that!

12/13/2011 8:48:09 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
knocknenter
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
61, joined Jan. 2011

yeeee-hawwww too

12/13/2011 8:50:58 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
icehouse54
New Market, AL
60, joined Jun. 2011

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a lady that carries the GOD gene

12/13/2011 10:42:07 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

susieq_tx
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,846)
Harlingen, TX
65, joined Mar. 2011

I wish I could find a composite of all my serious X's. They all had some marvelous qualities.

12/14/2011 6:36:06 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

ireneann
Stuart, FL
62, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from icehouse54:

Is that GOD or GOOD???????

12/14/2011 7:46:50 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
1stardust
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,667)
Saratoga Springs, UT
65, joined Feb. 2011

At first, I was attracted to men that looked like my x, then I realized what I was doing.Then when I saw someone who looked like him, I avoided them like the plague, I'm not sure if that's fair either.
Now, as time goes by, 7 yrs.I'm
complete with that part of my past and open enough to realize that just because men are similar in looks each man is a unique individual.

Now if they had the same problems; drinking, cheating, abusive, ect.NO!

12/14/2011 7:58:47 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
1stardust
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,667)
Saratoga Springs, UT
65, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from icehouse54:

That should be easy ice, she'd be the one walking on water!

12/14/2011 8:11:07 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

karmain08
Pinellas Park, FL
59, joined Jul. 2008

I have to go with the NO answer.
You can change alot of things , but you can't change someones mind.

12/14/2011 8:18:31 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
lilwmn
Malvern, PA
56, joined Jul. 2011

I could see someone dating someone that was similar to an ex. Probably what attracted them to their ex-looks, personality, etc is similar to what attracts them to a new person. Some have distinct characteristics that make them attracted to someone, and visual is part of that. But, as someone else's mentioned, they may appear to be very similar, but each person is unique. Maybe they look for the characteristics, looks they like and also avoid traits they may not like.

12/14/2011 8:29:20 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
pingponger
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,247)
Lewiston, MI
57, joined Jun. 2011

The looks, to me have no baring on my choices, I am attracted to a certain type, whether they look like my X or not.

BUT...........I do look for behaviors, When first dating, if they are a "good time charlie" liking the drink or the drug a lil to much, it's in a heart beat.

If they are late, or no response to calls, not returninn, or don't call when they say they will, I respect people enough, if I say I am going to do something, whether to call or arrive at a certain time, I do it. I want the same in return.

I don't want a whinner either, whats in the past, is passed. It's ok to talk about our past, but I don't LIVE in the past.

There are a few other behaviors that get under my skin, but thats the most effective ones that make me say really fast.

[Edited 12/14/2011 8:30:54 AM ]

12/14/2011 9:38:41 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

mzchievious2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,900)
Mesa, AZ
66, joined Nov. 2011

Not at all, why would you want a clone of something that didn't work? Broaden your horizens, try something new and um, hopefully improved, lol.

12/14/2011 9:59:01 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

eastbo44
Mesa, AZEast Sussex
United Kingdom
76, joined Jan. 2011

You must be bloody Joking!!! God forbid I'd fall for her clone....If I do someone shoot me please!!!

12/14/2011 10:00:30 AM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

eastbo44
Mesa, AZEast Sussex
United Kingdom
76, joined Jan. 2011

Oh Hi Chris, didn't expect to see you here...

12/14/2011 12:47:34 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
trb5159
Over 2,000 Posts (2,665)
Ottawa, KS
58, joined Jan. 2011

oh hell no !!! are some folks gluttons for punishment?

12/14/2011 1:38:58 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sorpstar
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

thanks for many responses and your thoughts BUT I still believe many men or women love what they had in the past either materialistic, for the sex and/or the family values shared or not (but you respect youre sublings from that relationship(s))or you enjoyed sharing the emotional, physical and spirituality of that relationship in whole

...some may not have liked the person after the relationship ends but I will believe most never forget the lifestyle that one gave to them being any woman or any man...Some use the positives from a broken relationship for many reasons for example materialistic reasons, while some never had any materialistic value in their past relationships and seek it now as if it's a change of pace finally...an example of that may be someone coming out of abusive relationships and only could want or seek better for themselves...I applaude that type...while i still know being a man it may be too late to rekindle relationships because the other person has moved on to new adventures but as we age shouldn't it be about finding happiness before the Fat lady sings upon any of us because it must be awful when we die alone...JMO

BTW Irene do you read fortunes too and after your post, others had too...thanks folks

12/14/2011 2:44:20 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
tsdjb
South Plainfield, NJ
64, joined Jul. 2011

I didnt have a break up but to answer no I do not look for a clone of my late husband. It wouldnt be fair to the man nor would it be fair to my son's or myself.
What I had is gone. If I were to ever get into a relationship I would want it to be different, new beginings the past is the past the now is what I'm dealing with.

12/14/2011 2:50:46 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sorpstar
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from tsdjb:
I didnt have a break up but to answer no I do not look for a clone of my late husband. It wouldnt be fair to the man nor would it be fair to my son's or myself.
What I had is gone. If I were to ever get into a relationship I would want it to be different, new beginings the past is the past the now is what I'm dealing with.

sometimes i've met some widows and I was afraid they would be looking for clones because let's face it most would still be married to their partner obviously if all was good and always thought that'd be the case until i met a widow who said if he didn't die, she would have killed him if not for his passing...but what you say is a good thing...but yes time to move on as you say...I have met widows that children seem to do the match approvals...but some children may be worrying about the wills too , some may not

12/23/2011 1:56:51 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  
pattyconti
Newport, RI
62, joined Nov. 2011

I have never dated a clone. I don't even date someone with the same name.

12/23/2011 2:06:05 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

quietliving54
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,612)
Westminster, MD
60, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from tsdjb:

I'm a widow also. I think I would want someone different, I want to build new relationship and memories. I think if you search for someone like we had it would just bring up memories of our past and we may never be able to more forward. So I'm looking forward to new beginnings.

12/23/2011 2:10:54 PM After breaking up do you look to date clones of that person  

sorpstar
Little River, SC
65, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from quietliving54:
I'm a widow also. I think I would want someone different, I want to build new relationship and memories. I think if you search for someone like we had it would just bring up memories of our past and we may never be able to more forward. So I'm looking forward to new beginnings.

widows (well the old Italian ladies in my family) wore black after my great uncle's all died and never intended to get married again/ or did they date either...but what if my great aunts had internet access...would they have changed their minds...but widows need time to get back to reality at their pace and yes, put all the past behind and start a new chapter but never forget the memories...

BTW thanks for posting and keeping the thread alive

[Edited 12/23/2011 2:12:04 PM ]