Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

usasexguide forum

We had starred in a summer camp production of High School Musical together as Troy and Gabriella. dating online texas Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo all in a single location. Out of all the men who responded, many with type compliments and flirty messages, Allen was the only one who responded with a question. how to cancel zoosk from itunes That was the weekend I knew I was falling in adore with him.

skipthegames com

Meet the individual who s proper for you thanks to our detailed search. dating sites dundee It has the really feel and ease of a social media platform but ultimately aims to set up romantic connections among singles. The most up to date post and blogs written by really like authorities, licensed psychologists and journalists, exclusively on eharmony. who is dom tullipso really Out of all the guys who responded, numerous with type compliments and flirty messages, Allen was the only 1 who responded with a query.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/10/2012 12:38:37 AM I am so lonely  

jlondi
Galesburg, IL
54, joined Jun. 2012

Recently widowed and I miss just talking to someone. Does it ever get easier?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/10/2012 2:49:25 AM I am so lonely  
lonely4u1975
Gibbon, MN
25, joined Jun. 2012

My hubby died on May 15th, this year. So far it hasn't gotten easier, but everyone is telling me it does. I am just waiting for that to happen. I really miss adult conversation, which is why I joined here. there are alot of good people on here that really want to help you out during your hard time.

good luck to you

7/10/2012 6:50:15 AM I am so lonely  
vipir35
Over 1,000 Posts (1,297)
Courtland, VA
56, joined Sep. 2011

7/10/2012 12:57:19 PM I am so lonely  

jlondi
Galesburg, IL
54, joined Jun. 2012

Thanks! My wife passed April 2nd. She was sick for a while. I just miss being that close and connected to someone. Good luck to u also!

7/10/2012 3:30:48 PM I am so lonely  
thecowboys56pu
Indio, CA
62, joined Apr. 2012

4years 3 months 15 days and time keeps going by cant seam to get that close to a nother woman. Mainly because thay dont mesure up to her even if thay do thay dont but you keep on trying and looking fowared one day someone will

7/10/2012 8:07:29 PM I am so lonely  
ohio1964chs
Hebron, OH
53, joined Jul. 2012

My first husband died Dec1993, and it was more than 2 years before I started getting out, even then it was more for exercise and adult interaction. My oldest was only 9 years old and my youngest 15 months old when he passed. It was difficult but I have a large family, who helped out and did their best to be understanding and supportive. Everyone says it gets easier, I still miss him a lot, but what I have found is we adjust to the one we loved not being here and in a way move on. I did re-marry but that relationship did not work out. Do not give up, take one day at a time, my best advice is do not isolate yourself. Cindy

[Edited 7/10/2012 8:08:50 PM ]

7/11/2012 7:55:44 AM I am so lonely  

jlondi
Galesburg, IL
54, joined Jun. 2012

Thanks!

7/12/2012 6:56:55 PM I am so lonely  
tigbones
Connellsville, PA
57, joined Sep. 2011

hi to everyone soon it will be 1 year my fiance has passed.it is on july 28th.it has been a rough road for me.but i think time will heal my heart.i still miss him terribly everyday.there is not a day that goes by that i don't miss him. we were together 21 years.but i just take one day at a time. and don't think about the future too much.and i try to live for today because nobody is guarenteed tommorrow.he died suddenly at home and it was a shock.i just try and keep busey everyday i have a fulltime job and that makes the pain of looseing him a little easier to live with.thanks for reading this i hope it helps everyone out there who are going through the same thing as me.

7/12/2012 9:38:51 PM I am so lonely  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

Yes it does but it can take a long time. Took me 3 yrs to feel human & 4 to want to be around myself. It sort of builds up over time then suddenly you feel it. It feels odd to not feel it so deep. Set small goals you know you can do.
If you're not sleeping ..get something to help you.

[Edited 7/12/2012 9:41:02 PM ]

7/12/2012 11:35:58 PM I am so lonely  

jlondi
Galesburg, IL
54, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from 2shacks:
Yes it does but it can take a long time. Took me 3 yrs to feel human & 4 to want to be around myself. It sort of builds up over time then suddenly you feel it. It feels odd to not feel it so deep. Set small goals you know you can do.
If you're not sleeping ..get something to help you.

Thank you!

7/13/2012 5:51:54 PM I am so lonely  

longhaul53
West Bend, WI
64, joined Jul. 2012

It does get easier but the feeling of loss never goes away.

7/13/2012 7:03:16 PM I am so lonely  

tinkiekitty
Over 1,000 Posts (1,083)
Bakersfield, CA
61, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from longhaul53:
It does get easier but the feeling of loss never goes away.

I agree!

It took me at least 2 years to look at a guy and think "not bad". Before that I still felt married. I was lonely though.

7/13/2012 7:09:38 PM I am so lonely  

jlincolnwe
Delray, WV
67, joined Jul. 2012

Hello everyone out there in West Virginia

7/13/2012 8:31:57 PM I am so lonely  

gdaddy47
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,157)
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from scottsamie:
honestly.. i'm not a widower and neither am i married...i'm single and looking for someone who has been married and matured for a peaceful relationship...and please if you msg me and do not get any reply,do not get mad at me..it means i'm taken..

Sorry sonny, you absolutely don't belong here and you've got the gall to solicit here. You're a pitiful little wimp. You'll never get your man-card.

7/13/2012 9:11:37 PM I am so lonely  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,651)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

Quote from gdaddy47:
Sorry sonny, you absolutely don't belong here and you've got the gall to solicit here. You're a pitiful little wimp. You'll never get your man-card.

I thought it a unique way to get someone to message him. Sort of issuing a challenge. Sort of "come and get it before someone else gets it."

But he should try it in a forum in which it's predominately young women.

7/14/2012 6:47:55 AM I am so lonely  
2shacks
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Concord, NC
54, joined Jun. 2010

I've received 6 msgs since I posted in here commenting I'm how they could take the loneliness away,wish they had been there for me, etc.
I didn't understand how they thought I was lonely .. not in my PROFILE.
Guess they think the widowed is easy bait

7/14/2012 9:27:02 AM I am so lonely  

jlondi
Galesburg, IL
54, joined Jun. 2012

Some days are a little easier than others. But not much and if do start to have a little fun I start to feel guilty and go home. I really miss the closeness and sometimes I wish I just had somebody to cuddle with thru the night.

7/14/2012 9:54:03 AM I am so lonely  
falsedawn
Tacoma, WA
39, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from 2shacks:
I've received 6 msgs since I posted in here commenting I'm how they could take the loneliness away,wish they had been there for me, etc.
I didn't understand how they thought I was lonely .. not in my PROFILE.
Guess they think the widowed is easy bait

This happened to me with my old profile. I think it screamed victim. It can be very overwhelming at first looking to date. Every on this site can read your forum posts. Thats why when I came back I refrained from posting in here. Be careful about what you post and how desperate it can make you sound. I felt like some guys just wanted to be the first at wippy widow action, like I needed there you know what to feel better.
It does get better things aren't intense but I do miss talking with him about all the stupid little things. It a wonder the small things in life you take for granted.

7/14/2012 10:14:39 PM I am so lonely  
2012rapture
Cumberland, MD
64, joined Feb. 2012

I am lonely and have a great desire for a mate . To go out with Him to dinner or just spend time holding each other . NO NO NO It dont get easier NOT ever being lonely is not stoped till you fill the need been there done that shirly

7/18/2012 8:07:25 AM I am so lonely  
rhs1973
Winston Salem, NC
64, joined Jul. 2012

everybody says it gets easier ,but if one more person tells me to cheer up or get over it .

7/18/2012 9:20:44 PM I am so lonely  
april4462
Over 1,000 Posts (1,959)
Belvidere, IL
55, joined May. 2012

I have been a widow for 13 years now, people need to understand that the time that passes can help, but "time" is also one of your worst enemies. Time to think about what you have lost, time to feel sorry for yourself, dinner time, bed time...when all you do is think about your love one that is gone.
You have to keep busy and surround your self with people who will support you. Go have fun, dont let time get away from you!!
You know by losing the one you loved that life is too short, so my advise to you would be to grieve in your own way, but live - really live!! That's what I am doing even if it took me 13 years to figure it out.

7/18/2012 10:01:31 PM I am so lonely  
falsedawn
Tacoma, WA
39, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from april4462:
I have been a widow for 13 years now, people need to understand that the time that passes can help, but "time" is also one of your worst enemies. Time to think about what you have lost, time to feel sorry for yourself, dinner time, bed time...when all you do is think about your love one that is gone.
You have to keep busy and surround your self with people who will support you. Go have fun, dont let time get away from you!!
You know by losing the one you loved that life is too short, so my advise to you would be to grieve in your own way, but live - really live!! That's what I am doing even if it took me 13 years to figure it out.

Well said!
My husband only lived 11582 days when pastor at his services said that I was shocked at how few they really were. It made me strive for several positive goals. I started getting the tattoos I've wanted for years, I would rather enjoy the ink in my skin than keep saying someday. Live is to short I have my hard moments but I truly feel blessed that I can find true joy and the smallest of things. I don't have many who support me in my struggles but I have found the strength to cut the emotional dead weight of toxic people around me. I feel very alone right now but I have faith that someday I will have a friend to whisper my random thoughts to and confide in.

7/18/2012 10:17:49 PM I am so lonely  
sharonipa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Coos Bay, OR
72, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from rhs1973:
everybody says it gets easier ,but if one more person tells me to cheer up or get over it .

It only gets easier in the sense that with time we 'adjust' to our new life, and so it becomes more bearable. I really believe that time heals all wounds, but that doesn't mean that the scars won't ache now and then. It's been 4 1/2 years and I'm just now beginning to take an interest in enjoying life again. Up until now I have just 'existed', and done only the things that absolutely had to be done.
Just the other day I went out and looked at the garden in my front yard, and I started thinking about how long it has been since I worked on it, and realized that it's been almost six years. (Julio has been gone 4 1/2 yrs., was sick almost a year before that, and before that it was winter.) Until now I hadn't had the motivation to tackle it. Well, the other day I finally started working on it, and ended up with a HUGE pile of brush and weeds, and it's starting to look good again. I was sore for two days after that.
That's the way it happens I guess, when we realize that the grief has lessened just enough that we feel like living again. It's a good feeling, and I'm sure that my Julio would be proud of all the things I'm learning to do, and he would probably be laughing too, because some of the 'man-jobs' I don't do so well.

7/20/2012 3:58:10 PM I am so lonely  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

jlondi, I remember feeling guilty for even laughing or finding myself enjoying the moment. That was probably around 6-12 months after she died. You have to realize that it's okay to start feeling happy. It wouldn't be normal if you stayed in the "hole" for years upon years. Nature just does what it does. Hang in there and give thanks that you are smiling. The people here are happy for you. It's okay.

April,,GREAT. What a wonderful attitude. Now that's what I'm talking about.

[Edited 7/20/2012 3:59:49 PM ]

7/20/2012 4:52:57 PM I am so lonely  

newdirection6
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,128)
Wellsville, OH
63, joined Nov. 2007

I think from experance that some of us has moved on. Then something happens to us.. we get burned.. dumped... that we are a rebound person... What I mean I have met several men that I thought were good guys... was with them for a while .... then they go back to their ex's... because the ex's know they made a mistake by dumping them... the guys say "SORRY" yea right... I guess I wasn't woman enough to fight.. I just let them go back.. who would want to try again??? Just when we feel like we found another LOVE... I know it sure didn't just happen to me.. from where I read from diffrent post it has happened to guys too.... I AM TIRED of people saying move on... I think a lot of us have tried and got craped on.... and we are SCARED as hell of being hurt again....

7/20/2012 4:58:54 PM I am so lonely  
alonghairedlady
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,489)
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from jlondi:

it does get easier , but do not listen to all the so called advice from others

give yourself plenty enough time to fully grieve & in your own time

not in other people's time frame when they think you should quit grieving

the grieving process lasts a long time and may never fade completely

but we get stronger knowing that life should and must go on

for our sake and for our families

and our mates would not want us to suffer forever

and really , even though it is trite ...some cliche's actually do help along the way

but i didn't want to hear it when my fiance fell from the top of a load of lumber

off the back of a semi truck suffering head injury and dying two weeks later

and my ex husband dying at the age of 49 from a massive stroke due to renal failure

it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all

7/20/2012 5:02:12 PM I am so lonely  
alonghairedlady
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from gdaddy47:

i was thinking something similar myself...

how dare he advertise for a mate on a thread

where someone is lamenting over his wife who passed away

[Edited 7/20/2012 5:02:25 PM ]

7/20/2012 5:17:52 PM I am so lonely  
pingeye2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,892)
Savannah, GA
65, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from lonely4u1975:
My hubby died on May 15th, this year. So far it hasn't gotten easier, but everyone is telling me it does. I am just waiting for that to happen. I really miss adult conversation, which is why I joined here. there are alot of good people on here that really want to help you out during your hard time.

good luck to you

From personal experience, you should join a discussion/help group at your local Hospice.
They are normally free of charge, and you can sit and not talk, until you feel you want to.

Folks, what you are feeling is a normal part of the grieving process.
It's hard..damn hard.
It hurts..bad. Been there done that.

However, I can tell you, you will make it. It's not easy, it hurts from time to time, but you can make it.

7/20/2012 10:04:06 PM I am so lonely  

terry50sclassic
Blountstown, FL
64, joined Dec. 2011

hi, long haired others , others and lonely . I am divorced so I may be comparing apples to oranges. But the griving process. There is no such thing as ' get over it I think , if that person was a part of your life . I still miss my dad, esp. when thinking of buying a new car. ,miss his adivce ect. What you can do is draw on the good times , memories and wisdom hopefully of the person you miss, and try to move on to be the person they would want you to be .faith wise , draw closer to Jesus , your heavely farther is there always , and he has the unique ablility to see the whole pictue , future and a true wisdom . To everyone that has loss someone , my heart goes out to you all. Long haired sister, know that was difficut to share , makes me feel for you all , more . oh, on the guy . bad place to put that in , this is not a looking for lonely cougar sites . Grow up little boy indeed . ! no need to sick him sister, hopfully he got the message ! take care all, thanks for letting me post , terry.

7/21/2012 9:31:08 AM I am so lonely  
alonghairedlady
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
64, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from terry50sclassic:
hi, long haired others , others and lonely . I am divorced so I may be comparing apples to oranges. But the griving process. There is no such thing as ' get over it I think , if that person was a part of your life . I still miss my dad, esp. when thinking of buying a new car. ,miss his adivce ect. What you can do is draw on the good times , memories and wisdom hopefully of the person you miss, and try to move on to be the person they would want you to be .faith wise , draw closer to Jesus , your heavely farther is there always , and he has the unique ablility to see the whole pictue , future and a true wisdom . To everyone that has loss someone , my heart goes out to you all. Long haired sister, know that was difficut to share , makes me feel for you all , more . oh, on the guy . bad place to put that in , this is not a looking for lonely cougar sites . Grow up little boy indeed . ! no need to sick him sister, hopfully he got the message ! take care all, thanks for letting me post , terry.

thank you Terry ...you are a very good and loyal friend indeed ...

7/21/2012 6:07:55 PM I am so lonely  
teddy_iv
Orlando, FL
63, joined Nov. 2011

I know that the loneliness is killing me. I panic more and have more anxiety.

I miss having an unconditional partner. to share my insides with and for her to share with me as well...

The pain of loneliness can be a real torment..

7/22/2012 2:21:21 AM I am so lonely  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Went dancing as usual tonight. Had a good friend of mine to dance with me. She held me so tight and I felt this total loneliness. Dammit

7/22/2012 5:57:50 AM I am so lonely  
sharonipa
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Coos Bay, OR
72, joined Mar. 2011

Quote from gdaddy47:
Went dancing as usual tonight. Had a good friend of mine to dance with me. She held me so tight and I felt this total loneliness. Dammit

Yeah...best to not even think about that.

7/27/2012 7:46:59 PM I am so lonely  
lkibbie
Norco, CA
43, joined Jul. 2012

I can totally understand. Am lonely alot and I am now living with my sister and her family. To say I feel like a duck out of water is an understatement. I am glad that I am not at home by myself though. I am new here so I am still learning about this chapter of life like you are. Take care friend.

8/21/2012 7:23:04 PM I am so lonely  

coolritag
Wilmot, AR
69, joined Apr. 2012

Yes sometimes the loneiiesness can almost be like a deafness . God Bless us all.

8/22/2012 12:44:48 PM I am so lonely  

sunnydee7777
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,674)
Clermont, FL
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from coolritag:
Yes sometimes the loneiiesness can almost be like a deafness . God Bless us all.

8/25/2012 7:25:50 AM I am so lonely  

angeldeb5
Brilliant, AL
62, joined Dec. 2011

I know exactly what you mean. It is lonely watch tv, eating all alone.

8/25/2012 9:42:26 PM I am so lonely  
lawnpro979
Bellville, TX
56, joined Apr. 2011

I'm afraid I have fell victom to gold diggers.

I like most am missing adult converstaion and sharing, sharing meals, movies. and just not doing anything.

I make a lot of money and I have a lot. and I guess I'm stupid, or a fool.

I'm also afraid I have had some very bad thought's, I wont say it here, But I think a few of you know what I mean.

I just cant stand this HELL I FEEL.......

8/25/2012 10:10:35 PM I am so lonely  

newdirection6
Wellsville, OH
63, joined Nov. 2007

I went out last weekend to a dance for another dating site I belong to. I thougt it would be fun to go to. It was just a half hour from my house. Well to make a long story short I got hit up 3 times by the guys who wanted to knock one off if I lived close to them. One guy wanted to come home with me. What is the world comming to. Or am I just old fashion wanting to know someone first?? Well I would rather stay home than get hit on when I go out.

8/25/2012 10:49:00 PM I am so lonely  

tldd56
Omaha, NE
61, joined Aug. 2012

I lost kathy the 24th of july and why do i need to heal?
she told me that things happen for a reason. we met on line four years ago.
Brest cancer took her went to the doctor june 28th and then she was gone.
She told me to go back on line. so i have and its like i don't know i am not trying to replace
her just want the same love to give and to have.?????

8/26/2012 4:11:49 PM I am so lonely  

ncbabydee217
Clayton, NC
56, joined Aug. 2012

i know your feeling my husband past away May 15 2006 I was left to raise aq baby, but it dose get better

8/26/2012 10:25:36 PM I am so lonely  
lawnpro979
Bellville, TX
56, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from newdirection6:
I went out last weekend to a dance for another dating site I belong to. I thougt it would be fun to go to. It was just a half hour from my house. Well to make a long story short I got hit up 3 times by the guys who wanted to knock one off if I lived close to them. One guy wanted to come home with me. What is the world comming to. Or am I just old fashion wanting to know someone first?? Well I would rather stay home than get hit on when I go out.

I'm with ya on the what's the world comming to..... I think common sense is just Not that common anymore.....

I dont know if this sounds werid " Comming from a MAN " But, it has always taken me, quite a bit of time before I would JUMP in to bed with someone. It just doesn't work this way, Not for me anyway. when I was younger, many men " BOYS " thought there were cool for sleeping with many women. I never did understand this. and I would see them hitting on a woman. and to be honest. they were making total fools out of them selves.
I'm sure things havent changed much. " Prob. gotten worse " it's not that the person was a woman, But rather there a person. " the way I felt " NOone likes to be told a BUNCH of CRAP. and I never did get it...... and they didn't either....
I just couldn't disrespect myself in this manner. much less a woman. And I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. and I never thought about it, But I guess it does make you want to isloate.......

on behalf of the male race. I'm sorry it is this way...

have you ever tried to tell someone. that there making a fool of themslef ?

best of luck

8/27/2012 10:53:39 AM I am so lonely  
runzwithscizzor
South Padre Island, TX
52, joined Jul. 2012

I am rapidly approaching the one year mark. I know the loneliness...it's there when I want someone to laugh with, or to talk with or to just hold someone who holds me back. But I really miss the totally comfortable silences we used to share. Everyone who is around me now thinks that some sort of conversation is mandatory at all times....

8/27/2012 10:39:58 PM I am so lonely  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

it will be 3 years in dec. since my husband of 33 years died. he was my soul mate we only dated 5 months before we married. when he died my heart wasn't broken it was smashed into pcs the worst pain i ever felt.
i thought i was getting over it. i went out on a couple 1 time only dates nothing special. i went on 2 dates with a guy from DH he was nice,fun, i liked him reminded me a lot of my husband. we did not have date #3 he got mad at me because i wanted to see him guess he didn't want to see me. my daughter says i was moving too fast for him. i wonder if i pushed DH guy away. i want to meet someone but i am afraid of getting hurt.
i have been crying for 4 days not because of the DH date but over my husband. almost 3 years and i still shed tears for my soul mate, i miss him, and my heart still hurts. does it get easier

8/27/2012 11:27:11 PM I am so lonely  
surgarlips60
Scottsdale, AZ
55, joined Aug. 2012

It will take at least a year to begin to recover there is nothing nothing as hurtful as your mate. even losing your children or other family members I have found I still dream of him that he is wating for my phone call and I cant get to a working phone but I can smile now to others that loney soul lost feeling is easing Karen

8/28/2012 1:00:47 AM I am so lonely  

dicimus
Congress, AZ
67, joined Sep. 2011

It's been Ten years. I'll be driving and turn to say something, there's no one there

8/28/2012 7:58:48 PM I am so lonely  
tlsgirly111
Carrollton, GA
54, joined Aug. 2012

I am a 2 time widow. and was very young... the first time and only 36 the second time. it is hard but time has been a great comfort and even if I dont understand why, I trust God. I can say i am now able to look back and be thankful for the good times, allow someone else in my heart and life... and KNOW that God did not design us to be alone. you can hold someone in your heart in a special place, but sometimes people who want to know you or have a realtionship with you are threatened by a memory. that is not the case for anyone who i meet and try to build with. I am no longer in love with my deceased husbands, but i will always care. but not in a way any man would have to ever wonder if i am comparing them to my former husbands. I would never do that, my heart is healed long ago. and time is the answer..... stay strong.

8/30/2012 12:04:17 AM I am so lonely  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

i am trying to stay strong but here i go crying again my daughter thinks the grandkids give me comfort they do but it's not the same as a man holding you in his arms and letting you cry on his shoulder even if the man is just a friend that date brought back every thing i miss but i am going to try again

8/31/2012 10:19:58 PM I am so lonely  
runzwithscizzor
South Padre Island, TX
52, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from tlsgirly111:
I am a 2 time widow. and was very young... the first time and only 36 the second time. it is hard but time has been a great comfort and even if I dont understand why, I trust God. I can say i am now able to look back and be thankful for the good times, allow someone else in my heart and life... and KNOW that God did not design us to be alone. you can hold someone in your heart in a special place, but sometimes people who want to know you or have a realtionship with you are threatened by a memory. that is not the case for anyone who i meet and try to build with. I am no longer in love with my deceased husbands, but i will always care. but not in a way any man would have to ever wonder if i am comparing them to my former husbands. I would never do that, my heart is healed long ago. and time is the answer..... stay strong.

No longer in love? Either u love forever or u never were to begin with...JMHO

8/31/2012 11:07:17 PM I am so lonely  

gdaddy47
Columbia, TN
70, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from runzwithscizzor:
No longer in love? Either u love forever or u never were to begin with...JMHO

Nah, I don't agree but it's okay to disagree. My wife died 12+ years ago. I still love her but I don't believe I'm still inlove with her. I love her memory and still miss her at times. We were together 32 years and had 5 gchildren too. Yeah you can move on and you can still love the deceased but not still be inlove with them. JMO

[Edited 8/31/2012 11:08:18 PM ]

9/1/2012 4:58:49 PM I am so lonely  
tlsgirly111
Carrollton, GA
54, joined Aug. 2012

I AM NOT SAYING I DONT LOVE THEM FOR WHAT WE HAD, BUT I ALSO KNOW... YOU CAN LOVE SOMEONE AND NOT BE IN LOVE WITH THEM. THERE WAS A TIME I WAS IN LOVE WITH THEM, BUT BEING SO YOUNG AT THE TIME.... LIFE HAD TO GO ON, IF ONLY FOR MY CHILDREN. MY 2ND HUSBAND? ASKED ME TO FIND SOMEONE TO BE GOOD TO ME... AND HIS KIDS. THATS REAL LOVE. I DONT THINK I COULD EVER FIND MYSELF SAYING THAT TO SOMEONE, BUT I WOULD HOPE I WOULD NOT BE SO SELFISH... AND TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING. IN THE BEGINNING? I CRIED FOR MONTHS... MEDICATION... THE WHOLE BREAK DOWN... BUT GOD SAYS A TIME TO WEEP AND A TIME TO REJOICE... ITS NOT GODS WILL THAT I JUST GIVE UP ON LIFE AND LEAVE MY KIDS ALONE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE HE PASSED AWAY... I WOULDNT WANT THAT FOR MY KIDS IF IT HAD BEEN THE OTHER WAY AROUND. AND AS A WOMAN? FEW YEARS LATER? I CANT CHANGE MY NEED S FOR COMPANIONSHIP. AND HES NEVER COMING BACK.... I CANT STOP LIVING.... SO, I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS, I KNOW HOW BEAUTIFUL THE TIME WE HAD WAS... I KNOW WHAT HE WANTED... AND I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE OF BEING IN LOVE AND LOVING SOMEONE. I WONDER WHEN A WOMAN LOSES HER HUSBAND TO ANOTHER WOMAN? DOES SHE NOT STAY IN LOVE WITH HIM FOREVER? OR DOES SHE? AT LEAST SHE HAS A CHANCE TO WIN HIM BACK, I DIDNT GET TO BARELY SAY GOODBYE. SO, IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMEONES RELATIONSHIP, YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW TIME HAS HEALED THE IN LOVE FEELING... SORRY, ITS JUST NOT THERE LIKE THAT FOR ME. AND I BELIEVE THAT HAPPENS FOR A REASON, HOW COULD YOU EVER BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU WAS STILL QUOTE, IN LOVE WITH YOUR DECEASED SPOUSE? HOW FAIR WOULD THAT BE TO A GOOD MAN WHO IS EVERYTHING GOOD TO YOU? DOESNT HE DESERVE MORE THAN 2ND PLACE? of course he does... nothing is worse to anyone than being measured up to the ex..... i would not date or marry a man in love with a memory.

9/1/2012 6:08:00 PM I am so lonely  
tlsgirly111
Carrollton, GA
54, joined Aug. 2012

thanks gdaddy 47 for understanding.....

9/4/2012 4:54:21 AM I am so lonely  

coolritag
Wilmot, AR
69, joined Apr. 2012

I believe we can still love our love ones. I was married 45 years had 3 kids and 8 grandchildren there is know way I can ever forget him . Not in love but love . I will be In love when I find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I believe we can love more than once .

9/4/2012 9:48:40 AM I am so lonely  
akateddybear
Over 1,000 Posts (1,950)
East Stroudsburg, PA
67, joined Nov. 2011

Quote from coolritag:
I believe we can still love our love ones. I was married 45 years had 3 kids and 8 grandchildren there is know way I can ever forget him . Not in love but love . I will be In love when I find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I believe we can love more than once .

ditto may this carry you through the times ahead
" WE PROMISED TO LOVE THEM AS LONG AS WE LIVED NOT AS LONG AS THEY LIVED"

9/9/2012 5:24:30 AM I am so lonely  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

every one has to move on that is part of life i have been talking with a guy on the phone when we talk i do not feel lonely he actually made me laugh it felt good

9/9/2012 5:30:59 AM I am so lonely  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

Quote from tlsgirly111:
i understand what you are saying am glad to see there can be more than one love

9/10/2012 8:10:01 PM I am so lonely  

newdirection6
Wellsville, OH
63, joined Nov. 2007

Hi Everyone, I had my heart cath. on Fri. Drs found out I had a mild heart attact. I also have a 50% blockage. I will see what he has planed for me on the 25. I am reading books about the heart. Because I got to take care of me. I plan on start to walk more next week, watch what I eat and ride my bike. This is a wake up call for me.

P.S. I do have a heart... I asked the nurse for a picture of my heart so I can give it to my mom because she said I didn't have a heart. Well I gave her my heart today.

9/10/2012 10:24:42 PM I am so lonely  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,651)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I'm sorry to hear that, Newdirection. Don't let the reading up on it scare you too much.

9/11/2012 10:42:42 AM I am so lonely  
imbill1962
Over 1,000 Posts (1,644)
Snellville, GA
55, joined May. 2012

Quote from jlondi:

Just try to forget. You can't but that is the only way I can think to cope.

9/15/2012 11:43:25 PM I am so lonely  
marlotho
Slippery Rock, PA
61, joined Aug. 2012

the guy that i was talking to that made me laugh, we have been out on 4 dates now
my husband died of cancer CH is a cancer survivor he understands what i went through he lets me talk about TE, he has seen pics and he talks about his ex. CH treats me as good as my husband did
i don't feel as lonely anymore, i feel happy, and special.