Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

liatcrawlers

Leave the very best stuff for the phone get in touch with and the eventual date. dating sites arkansas I have a primary user user name removed and DATING app is not there . That getting said, you can click on the ‘Discover tab and like a handful of people today per day. discreet approval agreement The MilFinder website has a stylish design and modern day peculiarities.

free local gay hookups

The lady lived with the accused in Auckland, telling RadioLIVE that at initially the man, who has name suppression, was chatty and reasonably simple to live . st simons island craigslist Meru reached out to Brian initially in hopes of producing a connection. Lev bullied Svetlana by pulling on her pigtails and generating her do his homework. dating peru Take note of her answers for future reference.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/5/2014 8:11:40 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

losthappysoul
Duluth, GA
46, joined Mar. 2011

If you have a choice of buying only one knife which one will you buy that will be multi purpose.
Pictures will be great too.

Thanks all

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/5/2014 9:11:09 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

rhall034
Newnan, GA
49, joined Mar. 2013

J.A.Henckels 8" Chef Knife. Not too big or small. And you can do just about everything in the kitchen with it.

2/6/2014 8:23:31 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Chef's Knife

2/6/2014 11:20:15 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (2,990)
Belleville, IL
61, joined Jun. 2007

Henckels' Chefs' Knife, I have the 4 star series professional set, 20 years and still going strong.

2/6/2014 2:00:57 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

bier95
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,740)
Clara City, MN
66, joined May. 2011

I have a Wusthof set that I got after my grandmother past. That was 42 years ago and I don't know how long she had it. I do remember the set as a kid back in the 1960's.

I bought the Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Chef's Knife several years ago.

[Edited 2/6/2014 2:01:49 PM ]

2/6/2014 5:12:23 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (41,739)
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

I hear a lot ilof this knife advertised on tv...google The Bubba Blade™. The Ultimate Fishing and Hunting Knives...it can be used in kitchen i believe..i believe cost is 59..

[Edited 2/6/2014 5:13:45 PM ]

2/6/2014 7:06:51 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

losthappysoul
Duluth, GA
46, joined Mar. 2011

Thanks for the replies.

Just checked on the internet. Those are like over $100, that's expensive.

2/9/2014 8:34:12 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

sky_pilot42
Lexington, MI
63, joined Jun. 2012

I've used my Dexter 12" Chef's knife for over 30 yrs. Keep edge with diamond steel. Does everything from mincing herbs to cutting pizza.

2/9/2014 8:36:23 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

sky_pilot42
Lexington, MI
63, joined Jun. 2012

Quote from saruman256:
Henckels' Chefs' Knife, I have the 4 star series professional set, 20 years and still going strong.

2/12/2014 9:28:01 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

illan615
Over 1,000 Posts (1,416)
Holland, MI
55, joined Oct. 2012

As long as they are sharp, they don't need to be expensive. It's kind of like a purse.. it if does the job.. who cares who's name is on it?

A good French knife, a boning knife, serrated bread knife and a paring knife. You're good.

2/27/2014 10:28:54 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (2,990)
Belleville, IL
61, joined Jun. 2007

OP, if you are on a budget go with Chicago Cutlery, just make sure you get a good sharpener.

3/23/2014 4:03:51 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  
notwhatuxpect
Phoenix, AZ
31, joined Sep. 2013

My preference for something with nice weight to it is WÜSTHOF -

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/w%C3%BCsthof-gourmet-8-chefs-knife/s320366?a=1552&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CLvN8P_Fqb0CFeRlOgodezIAWg

But you probably want to read this as well

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/equipment-the-best-chefs-knives-gift-guide.html

3/26/2014 1:45:13 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

davidlarocca210
La Place, LA
34, joined May. 2012

A decent knife will be expensive, but so will your medical bills if you insist on settling for cheap, dull blades.

4/29/2014 5:30:53 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  

lightingchef
Columbus, OH
41, joined Apr. 2014

Such a personal choice, it's tough to recommend, but here's what I tell people. Basically there are two ways to make a knife (get comfy, this is wordy but important!) Stamped and forged. To make a stamped knife, they basically punch the shape of the knife out of a sheet of metal, grind down the edge, attach a handle and call it a day. A forged knife is crafted by hand (with the aid of machines) from a solid hunk of metal. The advantage of stamped knives is that they are cheaper to make (which is not necessarily a bad thing). The advantage of a forged knife is that they can temper different parts of the knife in different ways and even use more than one kind of steel to create a knife that can not only be sharpened to a razor edge, but will hold that edge without being brittle. In addition, a forged knife is heavier and better balanced which if you're a pro chef using a knife 50 or 60 hours a week, can make a huge difference!

Having said all of that, if you can get only one knife, I would recommend a forged knife in one of the all purpose shapes but NOT necessarily from one of the department store manufacturers. Wusthoff and Henkels make great knives...but you're paying a little extra for their recognizable name. Try googling Mercer knives. They're a Japanese company that uses German steel but makes their knives in Taiwan (isn't globalization great!). As a result, you can get some pretty decent knives for much less money.

As for shapes. I can do pretty much everything with a 10 inch chef's knife. Some people like the shorter 8 inch knives, but the extra leverage can really make a difference. People are also going ape shit these days about some of the classical Japanese knife shapes like the Santuko. To each their own, I own them and like them, but I've used a chef's knife for 20 years, it's hard for me to be any faster or more efficient with anything else.

As for things like the scalloped edges and such...meh! They supposedly help reduce friction and such but people have been chopping up things with knives for thousands of years without them so whatevs.

One last thing, as for knives they show on tv with all those amazing capabilities like cutting through a tin can then slicing a tomato...here's the deal. Those are all stamped knives (ie, cheaply made) and they're serrated. That is, they have all these little teeth ground into the edge like a saw. Now a serrated knife is great for slicing bread and soft things, but they use them in these gimmick knives so they'll stay sharp longer. This works because the teeth give the edge a ton more surface area. In addition, the steel they use for these knives is super hard! Which means, they're really sharp when you get them and they'll stay sharp a little longer BUT (and it's a big BUT) you won't be able to resharpen them when they go dull AND THEY WILL GET DULL! In other words...they're disposable knives. Might as well spend a few extra bucks for a knife you can maintain and pass on to your kids some day.

Ok, that should have bored the crap out of you...good luck!

7/10/2014 4:14:40 PM Which type of kitchen knife?  
don_johnson99
Over 1,000 Posts (1,814)
Janesville, WI
56, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from losthappysoul:
Thanks for the replies.

Just checked on the internet. Those are like over $100, that's expensive.

Yes they are expensive but they will last a lifetime if you take care of it. It is better then buying a 20 dollar knife every couple of years.

Same with a vac, buy an Oreck. Sure they cost about a grand but they last a lifetime if maintained. Why buy a 200 dollar vac every 5 years.

7/31/2014 12:09:08 AM Which type of kitchen knife?  

shawnee_b
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,436)
Edmonton, KY
62, joined Apr. 2010

Love Henkles.

Chicago Cutlery and Old Hickory are inexpensive workhorses.

My most used kitchen knife? I'm a knifemaker, carbon steel boning style blade about 5" long.