Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

40 listcrawler

You can verify your profile by taking a selfie mimicking one of 100 random photo poses. florida personal ads You can slower a Favorites list to enable you remember special members and you can name and save searches to use best once more. On my last Bumble adventure I was invited for a drink on Tuesday night. late night hookup sites When pressing on either of these buttons, the profile adjustments to a new match, and you can basically just bring focus back to the top of the screen and start reading the new profile.

mature hookup

The two chattered late into the evening and realized quickly that they had started down the effortless path to enjoy. north vancouver personals Occasionally you are frugal to a fault — I remember you had no bath mat or microwave for a though. Generate a sense of mystery and excitement and give men and women a concrete purpose to get in touch with you. grindr unsupported message The premium solution enables members unlimited messaging, likes, the capacity to see absolutely everyone who likes you and who has viewed your profile, one on 1 talks with a dating professional, and much more.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/29/2015 7:45:24 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,656)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

A friend sent to me his view on this matter; I would like your opinio9ns and, if possible, some answer about his questions. Thanks.

""Wherever I go I am seeing a large increase in the displays of Roman Catholic crucifixes particularly in cars or on women's jewelry as though the US Conference of Catholic Bishops ordered their masses to drown out and suppress atheism by a dramatic show of their numbers in the population. This is more evidence that this Church is running an internal dictatorship within our country and directing its members to act in concert against the rights and freedoms of individuals it disagrees with.

Could this be illegal? It would seem so if they are in fact extorting their members with threats of ostracism or Hell to do this. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are. Could they ever be prosecuted for it if we could prove it? I'm sure they would be the first prosecute the secular if any nonbelievers did the same. After all, wasn't the anti-Communist witch hunt started by a devout Roman Catholic, Sen. Joseph McCarthy, at the insistence of his clergy back in the 1950s?
The only way to battle something like this is with information and the press. Publicize the possibility that this is what is going down and let them provide evidence that it is untrue. Meanwhile those that are experiencing anything similar should speak up and if enough do perhaps one of us should start a petition to condemn it. Would it be
legal to do so?""

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/29/2015 8:07:29 AM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,569)
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

This is utterly ridiculous. How does the display of crucifixes "drown out and suppress atheism"? The allegations of the writer are ridiculous and unsupported and really appear to be nothing more than absurd atheist radicalism.

12/29/2015 9:30:39 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:
This is utterly ridiculous. How does the display of crucifixes "drown out and suppress atheism"? The allegations of the writer are ridiculous and unsupported and really appear to be nothing more than absurd atheist radicalism.

What's ridiculous is your answer...as you know nothing about subliminal advertising ALTHOUGH YOU ARE EXPOSED TO IT SINCE EVER BY YOUR RELIGION.

So, dear, think again....Ups, I forgot believers aren't allowed such PRIVILEGE.

[Edited 12/29/2015 9:33:27 AM ]

12/29/2015 9:35:09 AM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
What's ridiculous is your answer...as you know nothing about subliminal advertising ALTHOUGH YOU ARE EXPOSED SINCE EVER BY YOUR RELIGION.

Good grief, what the hell does "subliminal advertising" have to do with your op? And you saying "believers aren't allowed" to think is just DUMB.

12/29/2015 12:15:44 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:
Good grief, what the hell does "subliminal advertising" have to do with your op? And you saying "believers aren't allowed" to think is just DUMB.

Honey, the dumb ones here are those who don't see what the CR -desperately- is doing to stop losing members. "Believe" it or not the CR's membership has declined a lot and for the longest time...some of its members embraced a different religion and many others became Atheists. The truth is, and I know you can't see it, is that people are not longer so easily bullshited.

What else but "recruitment" do you think it was the purpose of the Pope's visit to USA?

No, the believers are not allowed the privilege of thinking / reasoning...if their were we wouldn't have believers.

12/29/2015 12:49:59 PM Religious pushback  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,973)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

I go to Mass every Sunday. I haven't heard any orders to display more crucifixes.

12/29/2015 12:54:04 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,106)
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:

Actually believers are just that, believers of a prescribed order, there is no thinking allowed, that goes out of the box.

Mindless trolls.

12/29/2015 1:09:17 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
Actually believers are just that, believers of a prescribed order, there is no thinking allowed, that goes out of the box.

Mindless trolls.

Well, there are many and I am one of them who thinks out of the box of organized book worshiping religion and you could be one also if you can escape the box of atheism by actually admitting publicly that atheism is a dead end belief for those who apparently for one reason or another have no desire to experience life after death.

12/29/2015 1:31:54 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
Honey, the dumb ones here are those who don't see what the CR -desperately- is doing to stop losing members. "Believe" it or not the CR's membership has declined a lot and for the longest time...some of its members embraced a different religion and many others became Atheists. The truth is, and I know you can't see it, is that people are not longer so easily bullshited.

What else but "recruitment" do you think it was the purpose of the Pope's visit to USA?

No, the believers are not allowed the privilege of thinking / reasoning...if their were we wouldn't have believers.

I am not Catholic and I certainly do not believe everything in the Bible is Gods inspired/inerrant truth/word and I am well aware that the Catholic church is loosing membership and well it should. Jesus didn't believe like those who rejected and killed Him and neither should His professed followers. True Christian followers are those who are striving to believe as Jesus believed and thus to become more like Him. And you cannot do this without disregarding all scripture that is incompatible with His teachings and He never taught that its Gods will that man kill one another for all sorts of absurd reasons like the OT Levitical Priests believed.

But the church doesn't teach this. They teach that everything they included in the book they compiled is all Gods inspired word no matter what it says and no matter what Jesus taught and modern society will not long continue to subordinate their mind to the teachings of a church that effectively renders the teachings of Jesus about God pretty much null and void.

Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief. Perhaps you can explain it to me, duchessa?

12/29/2015 2:18:03 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I go to Mass every Sunday. I haven't heard any orders to display more crucifixes.

Do you actually think the CR will openly say: "Guys, don't forget to display religious paraphernalia as much as possible; we need to fight Atheism? " Don't be innocent.

12/29/2015 2:19:28 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:
Well, there are many and I am one of them who thinks out of the box

12/29/2015 2:50:45 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:
Well, there are many and I am one of them who thinks out of the box of organized book worshiping religion and you could be one also if you can escape the box of atheism by actually admitting publicly that atheism is a dead end belief for those who apparently for one reason or another have no desire to experience life after death.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but atheism is not a belief, it is a disbelief.

12/29/2015 3:11:23 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:

Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief. Perhaps you can explain it to me, duchessa?

I will explain it to you in the easiest way...for you to understand:

Believers live their entire lives for that ONE and ONLY glorious moment known as DEATH...after which you all think you will find everything.

The Atheists, OTOH, each moment we live is a glorious one.

12/29/2015 3:23:09 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but atheism is not a belief, it is a disbelief.

Is atheism a belief?

YES! It is.

The atheist affirms the statement "God does not exist". This is a belief - pure and simple.

Many atheists like yourself will try to play with words saying "it is a disbelief" but a disbelief means that you affirm the statement "god does not exist"

Definition of belief: an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.

Now; realize lack of proof is not necessary to hold a belief.

SO - if you accept the statement "god does not exist" - and you do not consider that to be a belief...feel free to explain what it is?

12/29/2015 3:28:32 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

That is so stupid it's pathetic.

You are inventing a mythical being.

I don't believe you.

That does not make my stance a belief, any more than a play on words.

If you tell me unicorns are real, I don't believe you, that does not make my stance a belief.

Hmmm, "I believe" I will stop at the next red light, but I can assure you, I will not pray to it.

12/29/2015 3:29:26 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
I will explain it to you in the easiest way...for you to understand:

Believers live their entire lives for that ONE and ONLY glorious moment known as DEATH...after which you all think you will find everything.

The Atheists, OTOH, each moment we live is a glorious one.

Sorry, but I see almost no truth at all in your explanation.

Why no response to the first two paragraphs of my post?

12/29/2015 3:37:52 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Yasureoktoo, who is suggesting you pray to red lights? You believe God is a "mythical being." I do not. We both have our beliefs and as I have pointed out your beliefs are a DEAD END and I fail to see the wisdom in having such a DEAD END belief. Perhaps you can explain the wisdom you see?

[Edited 12/29/2015 3:39:11 PM ]

12/29/2015 3:42:37 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

You have pointed out nothing, but your own brainwashing.

I believe you have mental problems, but my belief, is not a religion.

12/29/2015 3:52:16 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
You have pointed out nothing, but your own brainwashing.

I believe you have mental problems, but my belief, is not a religion.

Of course your belief about me is not a religion and whether you like it or not...I have pointed out your beliefs are a DEAD END and I fail to see the wisdom in having such a DEAD END belief. Perhaps you can explain the wisdom you see?

Or, am I to assume you have the "mental problems" and you are unable to explain your wisdom?

12/29/2015 5:51:52 PM Religious pushback  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Quote from duchessa:
Do you actually think the CR will openly say: "Guys, don't forget to display religious paraphernalia as much as possible; we need to fight Atheism? " Don't be innocent.

What's the CR?

[Edited 12/29/2015 5:52:52 PM ]

12/29/2015 6:17:08 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:
Of course your belief about me is not a religion and whether you like it or not...I have pointed out your beliefs are a DEAD END and I fail to see the wisdom in having such a DEAD END belief. Perhaps you can explain the wisdom you see?

Or, am I to assume you have the "mental problems" and you are unable to explain your wisdom?

There is nothing for me to explain, I did not invent a mythical deiity.

12/29/2015 6:44:24 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
There is nothing for me to explain,

Of course there is.

I said: "I have pointed out your beliefs are a DEAD END and I fail to see the wisdom in having such a DEAD END belief. Perhaps you can explain the wisdom you see?"

Obviously, you are not able to explain your "wisdom" in forsaking belief in God as there really is none.

I did not invent a mythical deiity.

No one said you did.

12/29/2015 6:53:12 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Do you practice at stupid.

You don't even know what my belief's are.

12/29/2015 7:26:31 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:
Is atheism a belief?

YES! It is.

You lack the knowledge to participate in this thread.

12/29/2015 7:28:57 PM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
What's the CR?

Your 101 IQ should have told you what it means...LOL

Is my very own abbreviation of Catholic Religion.

12/29/2015 8:34:52 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
Do you practice at stupid.

You don't even know what my belief's are.

Nonsense, sure I do. I know based on what you have said that you believe God is a mystical being that doesn't exist.

And as I said..."Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief."

So, go ahead and explain the wisdom you see in rejecting belief in God smart guy.

12/29/2015 8:35:53 PM Religious pushback  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

No overt or subtle command to display my crucixes in public has ever been told or suggested to me, and I have been a Catholic for 44 years now.

12/29/2015 8:37:24 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
You lack the knowledge to participate in this thread.

Is that your atheist fall back/default position?

12/29/2015 8:37:57 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:
Nonsense, sure I do. I know based on what you have said that you believe God is a mystical being that doesn't exist.

And as I said..."Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief."

So, go ahead and explain the wisdom you see in rejecting belief in God smart guy.

LOLOL

Sorry, you established belief's for me, and you have no idea what my belief's even are.

12/29/2015 8:38:39 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:

LOLOL

You can't even present an intelligent argument.

12/29/2015 8:43:31 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from Yasureoktoo:
LOLOL

Sorry, you established belief's for me, and you have no idea what my belief's even are.

You can't even present an intelligent argument.

If all you can resort to is LYING I see no reason to continue this discussion. Go to the grave and stay there if that's your desire smart guy.

12/29/2015 8:51:18 PM Religious pushback  

jester0011
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,799)
Lake Waccamaw, NC
48, joined Jun. 2014

well i guess i could see this persons point but think about this.we are teaching athiest views to children in school not christian views.athiest have gotten so petty they dont want cartoons like charlie brown saying anything about the baby jesus so i guess the christians are feeling the same way.

12/29/2015 8:59:43 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from kb2222:
If all you can resort to is LYING I see no reason to continue this discussion. Go to the grave and stay there if that's your desire smart guy.

Lying, LOLOLOL

As I said, you cannot even present an intelligent argument.

You are inventing belief's for me, and don't even know what my belief's are.

12/29/2015 9:34:21 PM Religious pushback  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
Good grief, what the hell does "subliminal advertising" have to do with your op?
That's how subliminal works. Without you knowing it's happening to you. In religion such as yours and other superstitions, its brainwashing.

And you saying "believers aren't allowed" to think is just DUMB.

Once the damage has been done to the mind thinking is impossible even if its allowed.

A scrambled mind can't think. That is why religious babble is incoherent, illogical and irrational nonsense.

12/29/2015 9:39:53 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from aphrodisianus:
A scrambled mind can't think. That is why religious babble is incoherent, illogical and irrational nonsense.

As I said..."Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief."

12/29/2015 9:42:06 PM Religious pushback  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:

...babble...
Belief in what god? There are thousands.

12/29/2015 10:41:08 PM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Belief in what god? There are thousands.

There may have been thousands through the ages but you know very well I am speaking of the monotheistic Judeo/Christian doctrine that there is only one God.

12/29/2015 11:47:50 PM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

And what makes your god more valid than the others.

12/30/2015 3:35:55 AM Religious pushback  

aphrodisianus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,600)
Leander, TX
66, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from kb2222:
There may have been thousands through the ages but you know very well I am speaking of the monotheistic Judeo/Christian doctrine that there is only one God.

Doesn't matter which one you're babbling about. All of them have the same amount of evidence. Nothing.

12/30/2015 4:05:37 AM Religious pushback  

sail_dancer
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,520)
Saint Petersburg, FL
68, joined Apr. 2010

Doesn't matter which one you're babbling about. All of them have the same amount of evidence. Nothing.

Especially TUB!

Peace

12/30/2015 7:26:02 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,836)
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
A friend sent to me his view on this matter; I would like your opinio9ns and, if possible, some answer about his questions. Thanks.

""Wherever I go I am seeing a large increase in the displays of Roman Catholic crucifixes particularly in cars or on women's jewelry as though the US Conference of Catholic Bishops ordered their masses to drown out and suppress atheism by a dramatic show of their numbers in the population. This is more evidence that this Church is running an internal dictatorship within our country and directing its members to act in concert against the rights and freedoms of individuals it disagrees with.

i go to lots of places and can't say that i've noticed anything more catholic than ever. but then not being atheist i don't much fret over such shit.

Could this be illegal? It would seem so if they are in fact extorting their members with threats of ostracism or Hell to do this. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are.

ha. no. nothing illegal about it.

[Edited 12/30/2015 7:27:07 AM ]

12/30/2015 7:35:00 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
No overt or subtle command to display my crucixes in public has ever been told or suggested to me, and I have been a Catholic for 44 years now.

Baby lud...if you believe the CR will make it obvious you are a lot more naive than a 5 days old baby.

12/30/2015 7:37:38 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
What's ridiculous is your answer...as you know nothing about subliminal advertising ALTHOUGH YOU ARE EXPOSED TO IT SINCE EVER BY YOUR RELIGION.

i agree that this thread is utterly ridiculous, duch, and with this post you just confirmed what i suspected when i first read your op. it's not opinions and answers that you want. you just need more elementary schoolyard bickering that is so common on this forum of late. so by all means, DEAR, do think again about what a civil discussion without such personal innuendo might entail.

[Edited 12/30/2015 7:39:02 AM ]

12/30/2015 7:39:35 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from jester0011:
well i guess i could see this persons point but think about this.we are teaching athiest views to children in school not christian views.athiest have gotten so petty they dont want cartoons like charlie brown saying anything about the baby jesus so i guess the christians are feeling the same way.

Quote from kb2222:

==========

I am answering yours and kb2222 posts with one of mine because the same answer applies to both of them:

1. Learn about Atheism before you keep saying stupid things.

2. Contribute something intelligent or you will be blocked.

12/30/2015 7:43:48 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:

I hope the great quote below doesn't go over your head:

""I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"."""

12/30/2015 7:47:49 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from kb2222:

it's a typical fall back position for many atheists and theists alike on this forum, kb. i don't understand how people believe as you do but i find it refreshing that you stay away from insults. ha. somebody is doing a search right now looking for something to prove me wrong but i still wouldn't question that your intelligence is not adequate.

12/30/2015 7:57:50 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from jrbogie1949:
i agree that this thread is utterly ridiculous, duch, and with this post you just confirmed what i suspected when i first read your op. it's not opinions and answers that you want. you just need more elementary schoolyard bickering that is so common on this forum of late. so by all means, DEAR, do think again about what a civil discussion without such personal innuendo might entail.

You can go to Atheist Nexus and read the OP...it was posted by Dr. Eric Stone, a research scientist and former organizer of my Atheist group.
You may not have seen anything of what he states but he did and is his right to express his feeling on the subject. Trust me, it has nothing to do with elementary school backyard bickering but everything with the questions / answers you think I don't want...questions / answers that at a later date they will be discussed and analyzed in our meetings.

12/30/2015 8:08:54 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from kb2222:

I debate with many believers...even with my cousin -a priest and the only believer in my family- but I don't waste my time with those who describe as "ridiculous" other people's opinions for the simple fact they are different from theirs.
You may not have noticed an increase in the religious paraphernalia being displayed around...but my friend, myself and even believers did....specially after Bergoglio's visit to USA.
In my humble opinion you are the perfect example of what a victim of subliminal advertising is all about.

12/30/2015 8:18:21 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
You can go to Atheist Nexus and read the OP...it was posted by Dr. Eric Stone, a research scientist and former organizer of my Atheist group.
You may not have seen anything of what he states but he did and is his right to express his feeling on the subject. Trust me, it has nothing to do with elementary school backyard bickering but everything with the questions / answers you think I don't want...questions / answers that at a later date they will be discussed and analyzed in our meetings.

bullshit. your very first retort to the very first reply to this thread overflowed with condescending personal innuendo. then you follow that up by questioning that kb is intelligent enough to participate in your thread. i'll be interested in hearing how your caustic approach in discussing issues here in any way contributes to anything you might wish to discuss or analyse in future meetings. kb answered your question as did i. so part of what you can take back to the meeting is that some found your post rediculous. or would your group enjoy hearing how well you threw sand at recess too?

12/30/2015 8:23:00 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
I debate with many believers...even with my cousin -a priest and the only believer in my family- but I don't waste my time with those who describe as "ridiculous" other people's opinions for the simple fact they are different from theirs.

ha. i guess me and kb can rest peacefully knowing that you won't be wasting time on us anymore in which case i'll wish you a happy new year early.

12/30/2015 8:28:03 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

back to the topic; i find it humorous that a phd would ask if it is legal to petition in america.

12/30/2015 8:55:19 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

jrbogie1949

Bullshit your nose. I could have kept him blocked...which I did for over two years...but I didn't and I only questioned his knowledge on the subject because his answers in other threads.

I hope other DHers post their input...and you can read the OP in any way that pleases you. Period.

12/30/2015 8:56:57 AM Religious pushback  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from jrbogie1949:
back to the topic; i find it humorous that a phd would ask if it is legal to petition in america.

A PhD in law may not asks it...but a person with one in education / sciences...or history may.

12/30/2015 9:10:52 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
jrbogie1949

Bullshit your nose. I could have kept him blocked...which I did for over two years...but I didn't and I only questioned his knowledge on the subject because his answers in other threads.

I hope other DHers post their input...and you can read the OP in any way that pleases you. Period.

oh yes indeed. you can always use your all mighty power within your finger to click 'block'. that'll teach him, huh? i always read as i please.

12/30/2015 9:17:53 AM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

That's right there is no evidence to prove God exists or to prove God doesn't exist so your point is meaningless but my point is not.

As I said..."Atheists play a fools game. They are their worse enemy. If God doesn't exist as they believe they stay in the grave. And if God does exist because they forsake belief in the spiritual reality of God they quite possibly still stay in the grave. In other words as I see it atheists have a death wish and I fail to see any wisdom in such a wish/belief."

12/30/2015 9:21:06 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from duchessa:
A PhD in law may not asks it...but a person with one in education / sciences...or history may.

i suppose but not having any formal education in law myself i have a hard time identifying with someone who's reached adulthood in america and doesn't seem to understand
even the basic concepts upon which this country was founded. i do recall at least discussing the constitution somewhere in my k-12 but maybe that's not a prerequisite to a phd. but the point is moot really. p.t. barnum said it best; "nobody ever lost a nickel betting against the intelligence of the american public." don't recall him excluding phds in his statement.

12/30/2015 9:28:01 AM Religious pushback  

jrbogie1949
Red Bluff, CA
67, joined Mar. 2009

Quote from kb2222:
That's right there is no evidence to prove God exists or to prove God doesn't exist so your point is meaningless but my point is not.

you've said before that god's existence cannot be proved either way, kb. i don't like to be pigeon holed but most would call me an agnostic and it seems to me that you are as well. indeed, anybody who relies on faith doesn't really know does he? it can't be proved. you cannot know. you must have faith to believe there is a god. am i in error?

12/30/2015 9:29:05 AM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
In my humble opinion you are the perfect example of what a victim of subliminal advertising is all about.

Well, I think your humble opinion is flawed for you obviously have a comprehension problem. Previously I said:

I am not Catholic and I certainly do not believe everything in the Bible is Gods inspired/inerrant truth/word and I am well aware that the Catholic church is loosing membership and well it should. Jesus didn't believe like those who rejected and killed Him and neither should His professed followers. True Christian followers are those who are striving to believe as Jesus believed and thus to become more like Him. And you cannot do this without disregarding all scripture that is incompatible with His teachings and He never taught that its Gods will that man kill one another for all sorts of absurd reasons like the OT Levitical Priests believed.

But the church doesn't teach this. They teach that everything they included in the book they compiled is all Gods inspired word no matter what it says and no matter what Jesus taught and modern society will not long continue to subordinate their mind to the teachings of a church that effectively renders the teachings of Jesus about God pretty much null and void.

So, please tell me how you conclude I am a "perfect example of what a victim of subliminal advertising is all about"?

And I also said:

So, go ahead and explain your "wisdom" in rejecting belief in God, duchessa.

12/30/2015 9:57:14 AM Religious pushback  
Yasureoktoo
Seattle, WA
61, joined Dec. 2014

It does not take wisdom to reject fairy tales.

You have not yet presented a viable theory for your imaginary being, you claim exists.

12/30/2015 10:13:32 AM Religious pushback  

kb2222
Jacksonville, FL
75, joined Apr. 2011

Quote from jrbogie1949:
you've said before that god's existence cannot be proved either way, kb. i don't like to be pigeon holed but most would call me an agnostic and it seems to me that you are as well. indeed, anybody who relies on faith doesn't really know does he? it can't be proved. you cannot know. you must have faith to believe there is a god. am i in error?

No, I am not an agnostic. I am a believer and follower of the teachings of Jesus who taught the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man and that we should love God and love and serve one another. Who's Supreme Commandment to man was "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48

And, yes, FAITH is the essential ingredient in the transferring of the seat of one's identity from the physical world to the spiritual world. Faith is the transmuting factor in a personal-relationship-realization with God that brings increasingly forth the knowing of the righteousness of God in the soul/personality of man. The kingdom of God is within. It is only through personality interaction with God that the personality of man grows increasingly to God-consciousness/likeness.

Believe in the Fatherhood of God and realize your sonship with God and pray for wisdom and guidance and you will have it, jrbogie.