Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www skipthegames com

OkCupid is a single of the most well known dating web sites and characteristics complete profiles that other members can completely scan ahead of connecting. vernon bc personals Much more complete capabilities, such as the capability to see who has checked out your profile and liked your photos, can be unlocked by a Match. The platform does not use a matching scheme, as an alternative, it is a massive venue of individual ads. rubmaps fullerton Whatever your demands may possibly be, you have the opportunity to discover chat rooms and talk with wonderful singles each day.

mega personales

Feeling fluey but displaying up to the date anyway. downey dating This could possibly sound like a regular query but asking about herhobbiesnot only provides you an thought of the sorts of items she likes, and it can also assist you see if you both share the very same interests. In basic, we discovered that this 1 was populated with folks who are searching for long term relationships, rather than hook ups. meet cuban girls Customers typically get in touch with out members of the Red Pill subreddit for their attitudes towards girls however share posts with comparable rhetoric towards guys.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

1/26/2016 10:01:10 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Revelations 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

I'm guessing your wondering what scientific data I'm speaking of.

well, let's look closely at what John has seen here.
We know the previous verses speak of the 144000 sealed from the tribes of Israel.

then we have this vision John sees, a great multitude, so great that they can't even be numbered.

Does anyone know what the highest number known to man is?
Is there such a number?
Maybe, maybe not, but let's just look at what we numbers we do have.
according to scientific estimates, the total number of humans ever born from Adam and eve, until now, is between 108-125 billion.
now, no doubt that is a great number, and would be a great multitude.
But the fact that man can number it presents a problem.

John saw a multitude that no man could number, it's impossible.
so already, if everyone that had ever lived was counted, John still seen more in the vision.

So to be clear here, in 4-7000 years, there has not been enough people born to be such a great multitude.

let's go deeper.
let's look at the number 250 or 300 billion.
still, a number than man can attain, Count, number if needed..
If it took 4-7000 years to get to the number of 125 billion born, could we safely say it would take another 4-7000 to reach the 250-300 billion mark?
And even then, if the 300 billion mark was reached, it has not surpassed a number no man can number.

let's go deeper
The 300 billion, is counting all of the human race ever born.
but John seen not the whole human race, but those who had washed their robes in the blood of the lamb.
so immediately, we have to assume that 200-250 billion of the 300 billion are not part of john's vision.
why?
Because Jesus said that there were FEW that would enter.
and many that would not enter.

well few of 300 billion may be 50-100 billion, few certainly wouldn't be 250 billion.

so now in the year 9016, we have 300 billion born since the beginning of time, and an estimated 50-100 billion available to be part of john's vision.
50-100 billion is a long ways from innumerable, and this estimated number wouldn't be reached for another 7000 years.
so much for "soon"

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

1/26/2016 10:14:41 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,711)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Hmm. I don't agree with much of the "logic" behind this, but I do agree that Jesus is not going to return any time soon, if that's what you're saying.

Rev_1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I think Jesus will come as the spirit being that He is, and if "every eye shall see him," and if only spiritual eyes are to discern his presence, then must his advent be long deferred.

Haven't seen you for a while. Have you been lurking?

Quote from looptex1:
Revelations 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

I'm guessing your wondering what scientific data I'm speaking of.

well, let's look closely at what John has seen here.
We know the previous verses speak of the 144000 sealed from the tribes of Israel.

then we have this vision John sees, a great multitude, so great that they can't even be numbered.

Does anyone know what the highest number known to man is?
Is there such a number?
Maybe, maybe not, but let's just look at what we numbers we do have.
according to scientific estimates, the total number of humans ever born from Adam and eve, until now, is between 108-125 billion.
now, no doubt that is a great number, and would be a great multitude.
But the fact that man can number it presents a problem.

John saw a multitude that no man could number, it's impossible.
so already, if everyone that had ever lived was counted, John still seen more in the vision.

So to be clear here, in 4-7000 years, there has not been enough people born to be such a great multitude.

let's go deeper.
let's look at the number 250 or 300 billion.
still, a number than man can attain, Count, number if needed..
If it took 4-7000 years to get to the number of 125 billion born, could we safely say it would take another 4-7000 to reach the 250-300 billion mark?
And even then, if the 300 billion mark was reached, it has not surpassed a number no man can number.

let's go deeper
The 300 billion, is counting all of the human race ever born.
but John seen not the whole human race, but those who had washed their robes in the blood of the lamb.
so immediately, we have to assume that 200-250 billion of the 300 billion are not part of john's vision.
why?
Because Jesus said that there were FEW that would enter.
and many that would not enter.

well few of 300 billion may be 50-100 billion, few certainly wouldn't be 250 billion.

so now in the year 9016, we have 300 billion born since the beginning of time, and an estimated 50-100 billion available to be part of john's vision.
50-100 billion is a long ways from innumerable, and this estimated number wouldn't be reached for another 7000 years.
so much for "soon"

1/26/2016 10:44:31 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Ah, just took a break. Been doing things with the kids and around the house.

The logic is simple math.
John seen an innumerable multitude.
The total of the human race from Adam till now is 108-125 billion. "Numerable"

It took 7000 years to get to number 108-125 billion, so just estimating it would take another 7000 years to reach 216-250 billion "still numerable"

Another 7000 would bring us to 324-375 billion, "still numerable"

It would take another 42000 year to reach 875 billion, and that is "still numerable"

John saw an innumerable multitude, and as it stands, if ALL born from the beginning of time to the year 44016 , not just a few, but if All of the 875 billion ever born, we're saved, that's still not enough to be ALL that John seen..

So for sure, if there was "a coming" to come, if would not be "soon" by any stretch of the imagination.

But I believe there is no other coming, he came as he said he would.
In their lifetime, in their generation, and that multitude John saw, it's everyone that has been saved from then till eternity. Which has no end

1/26/2016 10:45:42 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,970)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

He'll come when He comes, maybe sooner, maybe later. The only sure thing is that He will come one day.

[Edited 1/26/2016 10:47:00 PM ]

1/26/2016 10:48:27 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
He'll come when He comes, maybe sooner, maybe later.
can't happen lud, if he comes "before" an innumerable number is reached, then the vision, HE gave John, become a lie

1/26/2016 11:11:36 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from looptex1:
Ah, just took a break. Been doing things with the kids and around the house.

The logic is simple math.
John seen an innumerable multitude.
The total of the human race from Adam till now is 108-125 billion. "Numerable"

It took 7000 years to get to number 108-125 billion, so just estimating it would take another 7000 years to reach 216-250 billion "still numerable"

Another 7000 would bring us to 324-375 billion, "still numerable"

It would take another 42000 year to reach 875 billion, and that is "still numerable"

John saw an innumerable multitude, and as it stands, if ALL born from the beginning of time to the year 44016 , not just a few, but if All of the 875 billion ever born, we're saved, that's still not enough to be ALL that John seen..

Yes, I followed the math OK. But what was innumerable to John might not be so innumerable to us. We have computers. Also, maybe John saw more than just the people on this earth. Pardon me for diverging but The Urantia Book says that Jesus is sovereign over 10 million inhabitable worlds. If 70% of them are inhabited, that would be 7 million worlds of sentient beings. At say, 100 billion per world, that's a lot of "people." That might be innumerable. What is 7 million times 100 billion? Lots.

Also, between now and when Jesus comes, I think we're going to get a return visit of Melchizedek. I think Melchizedek will come to help us out after the end times wars and he may even supervise an evacuation to the "New Earth" which has been prepared for this coming even, and which evacuation may have been seen by some holy men and interpreted as the rapture, when in fact is will be an evacuation for all the believing survivors of the end times wars. And maybe I told you that the total solar eclipse coming on Jesus' birthday over the USA, and the USA only, on August 21, 2017 may well be the fulfillment of these verses:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:

And this is the sign of the Son of Man:

Or more like this on August 21, 2017:

So for sure, if there was "a coming" to come, if would not be "soon" by any stretch of the imagination.

But I believe there is no other coming, he came as he said he would.
In their lifetime, in their generation, and that multitude John saw, it's everyone that has been saved from then till eternity. Which has no end

[Edited 1/26/2016 11:11:47 PM ]

1/26/2016 11:25:57 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (181,029)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Your hypothesis is flawed.

1/27/2016 1:32:39 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
He'll come when He comes, maybe sooner, maybe later. The only sure thing is that He will come one day.

O, who will drive the chariot When she comes? O, who will drive the chariot When she comes? O, who will drive the chariot, O, who will drive the chariot, O, who will drive the chariot When she comes?
King Jesus, he'll be driver when she comes, When she comes . . . .
She'll be loaded with bright Angels When she comes . . . .
She will neither rock nor totter, When she comes . . . .
She will run so level and steady, When she comes . . . .
She will take us to the portals, When she comes .

Praise Jesus!

1/27/2016 1:37:30 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

She?

1/27/2016 2:25:07 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
She?

Yeah, I wondered that too. Apparently the chariot is the "she."

1/27/2016 5:49:30 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from cupocheer:

Your hypothesis is flawed.
what's flawed about it?

1/27/2016 5:51:45 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from followjesusonly:
just will have to go back and look, but doesn't it say "redeemed from the earth"?
That would kinda do away with him seeing people from other planets. .

1/27/2016 2:03:16 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,148)
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

You are right loop on "no soon return", the facts are that Jesus returned in judgment on apostate Israel/Judah in 70 AD - there are no more "returns" of Jesus as per the futurist "theologies".

(Rev 7:9 KJV) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

(Gen 22:17 KJV) That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore....

Both the above are examples of prophetic hyperbole, yet they are describing the "increase" of the seed of Abraham as Christians - the number is ever increasing as there is "no end" of his "government":

(Isa 9:7 KJV) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

1/27/2016 2:43:22 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from mindya:
You are right loop on "no soon return", the facts are that Jesus returned in judgment on apostate Israel/Judah in 70 AD - there are no more "returns" of Jesus as per the futurist "theologies".

(Rev 7:9 KJV) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

(Gen 22:17 KJV) That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore....

Both the above are examples of prophetic hyperbole, yet they are describing the "increase" of the seed of Abraham as Christians - the number is ever increasing as there is "no end" of his "government":

(Isa 9:7 KJV) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Now that puts into perspective how many John saw.
I had remembered about the stars, but had forgotten about the sands of the sea shore.
Just think about it.
Just one handful of sand would be probably 100000 grains of sand.
A bucket used to play in the sand would probably hold millions of grains or maybe billions.
And God told abraham in multiplying, I will multiply thee as the sands of the sea shore.
That's the whole sea shore, not just a handful or bucket full.
I think I'm gonna go goggle how many grains of sand it is a handful.

1/27/2016 2:50:39 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

WOW...a handful of sand is about 400000 grains.
Tell me John didn't see way more people than has been born in the last 7000 years, or will be born in the next 200000 years..

1/27/2016 4:53:54 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Burmp...

1/27/2016 5:06:18 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Thanks for the bump.
While I was looking up info on the sand.
I went ahead and looked up stars also.
In the observable universe, there is 1 billion trillion stars.
That doesn't count what we can't see..

1/27/2016 5:37:05 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

The problem with those seeking a "return" of Jesus past the 70 AD coming in vengeance is a failure to believe the scripture and inserting their own presuppositional "theologies" into the mouth of Jesus.

(Luke 21:20 KJV) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

(Luke 21:21 KJV) Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

(Luke 21:22 KJV) For these be the days of vengeance, that ALL things which are written may be fulfilled.

ALL things means ALL, the apostles preached nothing but what the old testament spoke.

Therefore ALL things were fulfilled in the compassing of Jerusalem in the Jewish/Roman war of 66-70 AD.

Futurist "theologies" are preaching a corrupted gospel.

1/29/2016 11:21:33 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Jesus is coming very soon according to the bible and prophecy. when? no one knows but soon could be this year or the next 5 years. what i mean about that, is the time of trouble could start any time which will usher in the final movements based upon revelation and then Jesus comes back and according to prophecy that could be any time

1/29/2016 12:17:34 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
Jesus is coming very soon according to the bible and prophecy. when? no one knows but soon could be this year or the next 5 years

Very soon, yet no one knows..

5 years is not soon and definitely not very soon...

1/29/2016 1:28:53 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

I have to chuckle at the soonies - the new testament is full of imminence statements, yet the futurist "theologies" all deny this.

(John 2:13 KJV) And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,

(Phil 4:5 KJV) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

At hand in the KJV comes from the Greek eggus which means near:

G1451 eggus eng-goos'

from a primary verb agcho (to squeeze or throttle; akin to the base of G43);

near (literally or figuratively, of place or time).

KJV: from , at hand, near, nigh (at hand, unto), ready.

As can be seen from John 2:13 the Passover was near, "at hand" not 1970+ years and counting.

(1 Pet 4:7 KJV) But the end of all things is at hand (Greek - eggizo): be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

eggizo also means near from eggus G1451.

If the end of all things was near when Peter wrote his epistle then it was near - not 1970+ years and counting...

We know what "end" Peter was speaking of because he has the following in mind:

(Mat 24:14 KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

We also know that the gospel had been preached in "all the world" in the lifetime of the apostles because Paul tells us it WAS:

Col 1:23 (Young's Literal) if also ye remain in the faith, being founded and settled, and not moved away from the hope of the good news, which ye heard, which was preached in all the creation that is under the heaven, of which I became -- I Paul -- a ministrant.

the good news - which was preached in all the creation that is under the heaven

(Rom 10:18 KJV) But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Futurist "theologies" deny the words of Jesus and his apostles.

There is a nutty "theology" floating around that there are two gospels - one for the Jews and one for the Gentiles - this is nothing but a direct contradiction of Paul's statement and a doctrine of men.

(Rom 1:16 KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1/29/2016 1:33:14 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
Jesus is coming very soon according to the bible and prophecy. when? no one knows but soon could be this year or the next 5 years. what i mean about that, is the time of trouble could start any time which will usher in the final movements based upon revelation and then Jesus comes back and according to prophecy that could be any time

Did Jesus say He was coming during the "time of trouble," or has that simply been a human assumption?

176:4.2 Jesus did, on numerous occasions and to many individuals, declare his intention of returning to this world. As his followers awakened to the fact that their Master was not going to function as a temporal deliverer, and as they listened to his predictions of the overthrow of Jerusalem and the downfall of the Jewish nation, they most naturally began to associate his promised return with these catastrophic events. But when the Roman armies leveled the walls of Jerusalem, destroyed the temple, and dispersed the Judean Jews, and still the Master did not reveal himself in power and glory, his followers began the formulation of that belief which eventually associated the second coming of Christ with the end of the age, even with the end of the world. -The Urantia Book

1/29/2016 2:00:56 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

all i know is this, we have Daniel and revelation that foretells the future. its current events to us but to Daniel and John it was still looking into the future

Jesus warns us in his time what would be right before the end

this is what gives me the idea that Jesus is coming not to far away...

Daniel explains to Nebuchadnezzar his dream of the future. the great image in Daniel chapter 2 tells us of 4 world powers and history confirms the dates

who were they? Babylon the head of gold was the first. Babylon ruled from 605 BC to 539 BC
the second was the medes-persians which was the breast of arms of silver. the medes-persians ruled from 539 BC to 331 BC

the third was Greece which was the belly and thighs of brass. Greece ruled from 331 BC to 168 BC

the last and forth was the legs of iron which was Rome. Rome ruled from 168 BC to 476 AD.

the 10 toes were the divisions of Rome that happened between 351 AD and 476 AD. they were partly broken and strong or mixed with iron and clay

then notice the image smashed and God sets up his kingdom that last forever

Daniel picks up from that in his vision in chapter 7 but only in more detail. because then it tells us what would happen as Rome divided into 10 kingdoms. another little horn would arise from that. then you switch to revelation where John picks it up and warns the earth of things that will shortly come to pass to usher in Jesus return

shortly come to pass means nothing to God because all this is on a time table. everything will play its course. but we are living in the bottom of the great statue where it states God will set up his kingdom

[Edited 1/29/2016 2:02:00 PM ]

1/29/2016 2:08:04 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
shortly come to pass means nothing to God because all this is on a time table.

Then what would be the point of the Jesus or the apostle making those statements...

You make the words of the bible of "none effect" by your tradition of men..

1/29/2016 9:35:05 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

A man asked God, "Is it true that a million dollars is penny is like a penny to you?"

"Yes, it's true," God answered.

"And a thousand years is like a second?"

"Yes."

"May I have a penny?"

"Just a second."

1/30/2016 12:14:14 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from ludlowlowell:
A man asked God, "Is it true that a million dollars is penny is like a penny to you?"

"Yes, it's true," God answered.

"And a thousand years is like a second?"

"Yes."

"May I have a penny?"

"Just a second."

And yer point is with this worthless piece of tripe??..

[Edited 1/30/2016 12:14:32 AM ]

1/30/2016 3:05:54 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

The point is obvious.

1/30/2016 7:10:53 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from mindya:

Then what would be the point of the Jesus or the apostle making those statements...

You make the words of the bible of "none effect" by your tradition of men..

i take the bible for what it states and Jesus has not returned yet but he will soon

1/30/2016 8:35:19 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
i take the bible for what it states and Jesus has not returned yet but he will soon

Where does the bible or Jesus say that he will return soon?

1/30/2016 8:50:04 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Where does the bible or Jesus say that he will return soon?

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. revelation 1:1-7

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. revelation 22: 20

1/31/2016 2:34:21 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Have you ever read "The Everlasting Gospel" by William Blake? (1757–1827)

"Both read the Bible day and night,
But thou read’st black where I read white."

Nothing in your verses below says to me that Jesus is coming back soon.

============================================================

[]Quote from wayn49:[/][]1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. revelation 1:1-7

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. revelation 22: 20[/]

1/31/2016 1:54:28 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Have you ever read "The Everlasting Gospel" by William Blake? (1757–1827)

"Both read the Bible day and night,
But thou read’st black where I read white."

Nothing in your verses below says to me that Jesus is coming back soon.

============================================================

[]Quote from wayn49:[/][]1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. revelation 22: 20[/]

maybe not the word soon but he is coming back soon based upon current events. and the word quickly is mentioned. and it states the time is at hand. even tells us he is coming and all the earth shall wail because of him

and also the word quickly means this.....with speed; rapidly; very soon.

[Edited 1/31/2016 1:54:52 PM ]

1/31/2016 2:35:16 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

louie6332
Over 2,000 Posts (3,821)
Falkville, AL
74, joined Nov. 2011

OP, every finite number, no matter how large, has a number and can be numbered. Terms like “innumerable” or “no man can count” are traditionally used to emphasize a very large number. If you were counting such a number, it might take a very long time to count, but it can be numbered, if enough time is given for the counting.

Concerning the Church established by Jesus Christ and his Return, we have a number of ancient revelations and prophecies:

1) Catherine Emmerich reveals that after the Angelic Revolt, the angels who lived here on Earth (this Earth was created by God as an inhabitable planet for them, this is their home, and they lived here for a very long time before men were created upon the Earth--the great megaliths found around the Earth today, some under the ocean, were built by them), were ordered by God to leave the Earth, then men were created upon the Earth. The Earth today is a garden of sorts in which the souls of men are being created and tested and divided into two groups: the elect who ultimately belong to God, and the reprobate who ultimately belong to Satan, the fallen Lucifer. It is revealed that when the number of the elect equal the number of the fallen angels, then the time for the trial of man upon the Earth will end, and then the reprobate of men and angels will be publicly judged and thrown into the Lake of Fire (not to be confused with Hell) where they will suffer the second death, the death of the spirit. Then Hell itself, which is a place of torment where the souls of the damned are held until the last Judgment, will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and will be no more. Then the elect of angels who lived here once will return to live here on Earth again, for this is their home. And the elect of men will leave the Earth and go to live in Heaven, which is the place where God the Father has his throne set up and where he has prepared a place for them.

2) And then we have the prophecy of Adam (given to Adam by God the Father, shortly after the creation of Adam). After Adam and Eve fell from grace and were driven from the Garden, they repented of having disobeyed God, doing severe penance, fasting to the point of death, and begging God to forgive them. Seeing their sincerity, God forgave them and promised to later send his Word to redeem them and their righteous descendants. God at that time revealed that seven thousand years were allotted for him and his descendants to live and walk upon the Earth, and that at the end of the six thousand, his Word would return to establish a Millennial Sabbath. I have astronomically pinpointed the dates of Adam from an obscure text in an ancient non-Biblical Scripture (which predates the Bible). And adding six thousand years to this date, which points to the date of the Return of Christ, gives 2055 as the approximate date. It is approximate only because God may postpone the date for a few years.

3) And then we have the prophecy from the Jewish tradition, which was well known at the time of Christ, that foretells that the Church of the Messiah will be allotted 40 years from the time of the ascension of the Messiah to evangelize the world before his return. Christ and his apostles knew this prophecy, which is why he was telling his hearers that he would return soon, even within the lifetime of some of those in his hearing, and which is why is apostles were of the opinion that it would be soon. The meaning of the prophecy was hidden, however, we now know that the time allotted is 40 Jubilee years, which is 2000 years. I have astronomically pinpointed the dates of Christ, and he was crucified in the spring of 27AD, which implies that the time allotted to the Church to evangelize the nations will end in or about 2017AD (the Church age is due to end in about 2027AD, and he will return not long afterwards. This is, again, approximate for God may postpone it for a little while. And we know at this point that he will. The postponement of the Great Chastisement delay his coming a few years.

4) This sequence of events is foretold of the current period: The Great Chastisement and its Third World War has now been shortened by the postponements to about two years. Then follows 30 to 34 years of world peace. And this is followed by the End Time and the rise of the Antichrist and his Fourth World War and Reign of Terror. The End Time is revealed to last 10 years, with the Antichrist rising to power in the last 7, and his reign of Terror 3.5 years (the last half of this period). So if the period of world peace begins sometime in 2017, then the approximate return of Christ from this data would be 2017 + 30 + 10 = 2057, which is only about three years beyond the date foretold by the prophecy of Adam.

All this is approximate because of possible postponements, but the point here is that time is now growing short. His return is not imminent but it is NOT far distant. The younger generations living now will live to see his Return, if they are lucky enough to survive the world wars that are coming. The Third World War is now almost upon us, it is imminent.

Louie

1/31/2016 3:08:27 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from louie6332:
OP, every finite number, no matter how large, has a number and can be numbered. Terms like “innumerable” or “no man can count” are traditionally used to emphasize a very large number. If you were counting such a number, it might take a very long time to count, but it can be numbered, if enough time is given for the counting.

Concerning the Church established by Jesus Christ and his Return, we have a number of ancient revelations and prophecies:

1) Catherine Emmerich reveals that after the Angelic Revolt, the angels who lived here on Earth (this Earth was created by God as an inhabitable planet for them, this is their home, and they lived here for a very long time before men were created upon the Earth--the great megaliths found around the Earth today, some under the ocean, were built by them), were ordered by God to leave the Earth, then men were created upon the Earth. The Earth today is a garden of sorts in which the souls of men are being created and tested and divided into two groups: the elect who ultimately belong to God, and the reprobate who ultimately belong to Satan, the fallen Lucifer. It is revealed that when the number of the elect equal the number of the fallen angels, then the time for the trial of man upon the Earth will end, and then the reprobate of men and angels will be publicly judged and thrown into the Lake of Fire (not to be confused with Hell) where they will suffer the second death, the death of the spirit. Then Hell itself, which is a place of torment where the souls of the damned are held until the last Judgment, will be thrown into the Lake of Fire and will be no more. Then the elect of angels who lived here once will return to live here on Earth again, for this is their home. And the elect of men will leave the Earth and go to live in Heaven, which is the place where God the Father has his throne set up and where he has prepared a place for them.

2) And then we have the prophecy of Adam (given to Adam by God the Father, shortly after the creation of Adam). After Adam and Eve fell from grace and were driven from the Garden, they repented of having disobeyed God, doing severe penance, fasting to the point of death, and begging God to forgive them. Seeing their sincerity, God forgave them and promised to later send his Word to redeem them and their righteous descendants. God at that time revealed that seven thousand years were allotted for him and his descendants to live and walk upon the Earth, and that at the end of the six thousand, his Word would return to establish a Millennial Sabbath. I have astronomically pinpointed the dates of Adam from an obscure text in an ancient non-Biblical Scripture (which predates the Bible). And adding six thousand years to this date, which points to the date of the Return of Christ, gives 2055 as the approximate date. It is approximate only because God may postpone the date for a few years.

3) And then we have the prophecy from the Jewish tradition, which was well known at the time of Christ, that foretells that the Church of the Messiah will be allotted 40 years from the time of the ascension of the Messiah to evangelize the world before his return. Christ and his apostles knew this prophecy, which is why he was telling his hearers that he would return soon, even within the lifetime of some of those in his hearing, and which is why is apostles were of the opinion that it would be soon. The meaning of the prophecy was hidden, however, we now know that the time allotted is 40 Jubilee years, which is 2000 years. I have astronomically pinpointed the dates of Christ, and he was crucified in the spring of 27AD, which implies that the time allotted to the Church to evangelize the nations will end in or about 2017AD (the Church age is due to end in about 2027AD, and he will return not long afterwards. This is, again, approximate for God may postpone it for a little while. And we know at this point that he will. The postponement of the Great Chastisement delay his coming a few years.

4) This sequence of events is foretold of the current period: The Great Chastisement and its Third World War has now been shortened by the postponements to about two years. Then follows 30 to 34 years of world peace. And this is followed by the End Time and the rise of the Antichrist and his Fourth World War and Reign of Terror. The End Time is revealed to last 10 years, with the Antichrist rising to power in the last 7, and his reign of Terror 3.5 years (the last half of this period). So if the period of world peace begins sometime in 2017, then the approximate return of Christ from this data would be 2017 + 30 + 10 = 2057, which is only about three years beyond the date foretold by the prophecy of Adam.

All this is approximate because of possible postponements, but the point here is that time is now growing short. His return is not imminent but it is NOT far distant. The younger generations living now will live to see his Return, if they are lucky enough to survive the world wars that are coming. The Third World War is now almost upon us, it is imminent.

Louie

1/31/2016 9:19:11 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from louie6332:

Louie
well, it's nice to see you come back Louie.
But on topic, "and after this I saw a great multitude that no man could number"
What happened to God says what he means and means what he says louie?
Is that just something you say when it fits what you believe?

1/31/2016 10:48:09 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from looptex1:
well, it's nice to see you come back Louie.
But on topic, "and after this I saw a great multitude that no man could number"
What happened to God says what he means and means what he says louie?
Is that just something you say when it fits what you believe?

And what happened to all of Louie's "predictions" for the comet striking the earth and what-all he said was going to happen last September or thereabouts?

2/1/2016 11:14:30 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

And what happened to all of Louie's "predictions" for the comet striking the earth and what-all he said was going to happen last September or thereabouts?
that's something we will never get an answer about.
We will not get a "I was wrong" my sources were false" nothing of the sort.
It will be as though nothing was ever said or that it happened and we just missed it.

But, louie, the largest number known to man is gogol, I'm not sure if that is spelled right. But it is a 1 will 100 zeros behind it.
So see, there is a number man can't number, he may be able to number it at some point but as far now, that's it...

2/1/2016 6:49:11 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

louie6332
Over 2,000 Posts (3,821)
Falkville, AL
74, joined Nov. 2011

There is no “largest” number.

Louie

2/1/2016 7:31:31 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

Numbers can go on for infinity, can't they? Theoretically.

2/1/2016 7:52:36 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from louie6332:
There is no “largest” number.

Louie
Googolplexian: The worlds largest number with a name. A "1" followed by a googolplex of zeros.

Googolplex: The second largest number with a name. A "1" followed by a googol of zeros. 

Googol: A large number. A "1" followed by one hundred zeros.

2/1/2016 8:08:55 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from louie6332:
There is no
“largest” number.

Louie
and you still did answer the question "I thought God says what he means and means what he says"
Does he? Or doesn't he?
For through the vision given to John by Jesus, John saw a number no man could number.
He didn't say a number that couldn't be added to.
But a number no man could number..
Kinda like me telling you I know a number that no 2 year old could number, there are numbers higher, but the 2 year old can't count that high.
As for bigd and his crew, he thinks I can't count to 20, yet he must think I'm smart enough to come up with how many people have been born from Adam until now, without searching for it on the internet.
To explain it to you bigd, those number were u the scientific data, I didn't come up with a formula to create an average birthrate per 1000 humans for each year, while accounting for the plagues and wars that would detract from the pool to be considered for the next year.
That was a scientific formula, data, information.
I did however do my own math, afterwards.
I learned how in Grammer school.
If it takes 1 hour to go 50 mile at 50 mph, it takes 2 hours to go 100 miles at 50 mph.
Using that, if it has took apr. 7000 years to get to apr.
125 billion born, it would take apr. Another 7000 years to reach the 250 billion mark.
see how easy that is?
Oh, the 1st 7000 years brings us to 2016, add 7000 to that and your at 9016.
and you think your smart?
Go watch the grass grow, you might learn something. .

[Edited 2/1/2016 8:10:55 PM ]

2/2/2016 4:16:05 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

I see Comet Louie had a fly by with not a word about the catastrophe he predicted..

2/2/2016 6:11:43 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

louie6332
Over 2,000 Posts (3,821)
Falkville, AL
74, joined Nov. 2011

OP, you say: “Using that, if it has taken apr. 7000 years to get to apr.
125 billion born, it would take apr. Another 7000 years to reach the 250 billion mark.
see how easy that is?”

No, everything else being equal, the population does not increase linearly, but exponentially--it grows faster and faster as time goes on. It grows exponentially as time goes on because there are more and more people procreating as time goes on.

Louie

[Edited 2/2/2016 6:12:45 PM ]

2/2/2016 8:47:36 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from louie6332:
see how easy that is?”

No, everything else being equal, the population does not increase linearly, but exponentially--it grows faster and faster as time goes on. It grows exponentially as time goes on because there are more and more people procreating as time goes on.

Louie

Then tells us louie, how many more years will it take to reach 250 billion

2/2/2016 9:03:49 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from louie6332:
see how easy that is?”

Louie
Birth & Death Rates

World Birth and Death RatesEstimated 2011Birth RateDeath Rate• 19 births/1,000 population• 8 deaths/1,000 population• 131.4 million births per year• 55.3 million people die each year• 360,000 births per day• 151,600 people die each day• 15,000 births each hour• 6,316 people die each hour• 250 births each minute• 105 people die each minute• Four births each second of every day

Do the math louie!!!
250 billion÷ 131.4million= how many years louie?
No time soon!!!!!!!

2/2/2016 9:12:06 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Estimates of population levels in different continents between 1950 and 2050, according to the United Nations. The vertical axis is logarithmic and is in millions of people.

Source Wiki...

2/2/2016 9:27:29 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from mindya:

Estimates of population levels in different continents between 1950 and 2050, according to the United Nations. The vertical axis is logarithmic and is in millions of people.

Source Wiki...
if I'm reading this right, 10 billion in 2050? Along ways from 250 billion and no time soon..

[Edited 2/2/2016 9:28:37 PM ]

2/3/2016 12:44:49 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Rev_1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jesus is not coming back in the flesh. He will return in the spirit. And if every eye shall see Him then his return will be long delayed until every eye can see him in the spirit.

2/3/2016 7:01:49 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Jesus is not coming back in the flesh. He will return in the spirit. And if every eye shall see Him then his return will be long delayed until every eye can see him in the spirit.
We agree he isn't coming back in the flesh.
Is he not already here in the spirit?
As for every eye seeing him, even those who pierced him, they did, they saw and it is even spoken of to this day the judgement he brought..

2/3/2016 10:58:59 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Yep, it is a stupid argument to think John saw a number that could not be numbered.

It must have been stupid for God to tell Abraham this also, 5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

He also said this, I suppose this was stupid also,
17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore.

it seems the cowards need to believe God rather than their own understanding.

But equalizer, for someone who says he doesn't wrestle against flesh and blood, you sure do have a hard time denying your thoughts and believing what the word says.

2/3/2016 4:33:45 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from looptex1:
We agree he isn't coming back in the flesh.

Yes, agreed.

Is he not already here in the spirit?

Yes but...

I think there are two aspects to "spirit." One is a localized phenomena. In other words, Jesus as spirit is not spread like a nebulousity across the entire universe. Jesus as spirit is a spirit person, and as such He is somewhere, like we all are somewhere. Jesus as spirit has a "home" place, a central headquarters, where He personally resides. What is here now of Jesus is the spirit of Jesus, Jesus' spirit. That is the nebulous aspect of spirit. And that is the Spirit of Truth who will guide us into "all truth" if we will allow it.

As for every eye seeing him, even those who pierced him, they did, they saw and it is even spoken of to this day the judgement he brought..

I can't put too much stock in the words of Jesus in John's revelation because of this, from The Urantia Book:

139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

And I think all of the odd ball and confused interpretations of Revelation validate The Urantia Book's statement of " greatly abridged and distorted form." and "fragmentary and adulterated form."

Are there any two Christians who agree on what Revelation means?

2/3/2016 5:04:13 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  
mindya
Bird in Hand, PA
63, joined Jan. 2009

Jesus never claimed to be "coming" back in the flesh - just the opposite:

(John 14:19 KJV) Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

So this places the bodily return "theologies" at naught and in error.

(2 Cor 5:16 KJV) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Christ's flesh will not be seen on this earth again according to Paul.

Of course the futurist "theologies" fail to understand what Christ said about his "coming with clouds" and that the kingdom does not come with observation:

(Luke 17:20 KJV)......The kingdom of God cometh not with observation.

Blind guides...

2/3/2016 9:03:45 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Jesus is a real man with nailed scared hands and feet and yes he is in the spirit and will come as king of kings and lord of lords but when he does he is coming as lightning that flashes from the east to the west and all the dead in Christ will arise and meet him in the air and then the living in Christ will meet him in the air not on this earth. where? they are taken to heaven for the 1000 year reign . when? only God knows

2/3/2016 9:38:06 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
Jesus is a real man with nailed scared hands and feet and yes he is in the spirit and will come as king of kings and lord of lords but when he does he is coming as lightning that flashes from the east to the west and all the dead in Christ will arise and meet him in the air and then the living in Christ will meet him in the air not on this earth. where? they are taken to heaven for the 1000 year reign . when? only God knows

So, is Jesus "a real man"?, or is he "in the spirit"? It seems to me like you have to pick one or the other. I vote for "in the spirit."

2/3/2016 9:47:39 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,811)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

So, is Jesus "a real man"?, or is he "in the spirit"? It seems to me like you have to pick one or the other. I vote for "in the spirit."

what i mean is this

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

2/3/2016 10:21:05 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Quote from wayn49:
what i mean is this

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

I'm afraid those verses are fully countered by this verse which comes 10 verses earlier:

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

One of them is wrong. Either John 20:17 is wrong, or John 20:27 is wrong. But one of them is wrong.

Why is it that Christians always quote John 20:27 to try to show that Jesus had a physical body, but will NEVER quote John 20:17 which shows that Jesus did not have a physical body? Do Christians pick and choose much?

Jesus' body was long gone by the time the stone was rolled away from the tomb. The stone was not rolled away so that Jesus could get out, it was rolled away so that his followers could get in.

This is what happened to Jesus' physical body. This is a good read, please consider reading it:

THE MATERIAL BODY OF JESUS

189:2.1 At ten minutes past three o’clock, as the resurrected Jesus fraternized with the assembled morontia personalities from the seven mansion worlds of Satania, the chief of archangels—the angels of the resurrection—approached Gabriel and asked for the mortal body of Jesus. Said the chief of the archangels: “We may not participate in the morontia resurrection of the bestowal experience of Michael our sovereign, but we would have his mortal remains put in our custody for immediate dissolution. We do not propose to employ our technique of dematerialization; we merely wish to invoke the process of accelerated time. It is enough that we have seen the Sovereign live and die on Urantia; the hosts of heaven would be spared the memory of enduring the sight of the slow decay of the human form of the Creator and Upholder of a universe. In the name of the celestial intelligences of all Nebadon, I ask for a mandate giving me the custody of the mortal body of Jesus of Nazareth and empowering us to proceed with its immediate dissolution.”

189:2.2 And when Gabriel had conferred with the senior Most High of Edentia, the archangel spokesman for the celestial hosts was given permission to make such disposition of the physical remains of Jesus as he might determine.

189:2.3 After the chief of archangels had been granted this request, he summoned to his assistance many of his fellows, together with a numerous host of the representatives of all orders of celestial personalities, and then, with the aid of the Urantia midwayers, proceeded to take possession of Jesus’ physical body. This body of death was a purely material creation; it was physical and literal; it could not be removed from the tomb as the morontia form of the resurrection had been able to escape the sealed sepulchre. By the aid of certain morontia auxiliary personalities, the morontia form can be made at one time as of the spirit so that it can become indifferent to ordinary matter, while at another time it can become discernible and contactable to material beings, such as the mortals of the realm.

189:2.4 As they made ready to remove the body of Jesus from the tomb preparatory to according it the dignified and reverent disposal of near-instantaneous dissolution, it was assigned the secondary Urantia midwayers to roll away the stones from the entrance of the tomb. The larger of these two stones was a huge circular affair, much like a millstone, and it moved in a groove chiseled out of the rock, so that it could be rolled back and forth to open or close the tomb. When the watching Jewish guards and the Roman soldiers, in the dim light of the morning, saw this huge stone begin to roll away from the entrance of the tomb, apparently of its own accord—without any visible means to account for such motion—they were seized with fear and panic, and they fled in haste from the scene. The Jews fled to their homes, afterward going back to report these doings to their captain at the temple. The Romans fled to the fortress of Antonia and reported what they had seen to the centurion as soon as he arrived on duty.

Continued in part 2

2/3/2016 10:21:22 PM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
73, joined May. 2012

Part 2

189:2.5 The Jewish leaders began the sordid business of supposedly getting rid of Jesus by offering bribes to the traitorous Judas, and now, when confronted with this embarrassing situation, instead of thinking of punishing the guards who deserted their post, they resorted to bribing these guards and the Roman soldiers. They paid each of these twenty men a sum of money and instructed them to say to all: “While we slept during the nighttime, his disciples came upon us and took away the body.” And the Jewish leaders made solemn promises to the soldiers to defend them before Pilate in case it should ever come to the governor’s knowledge that they had accepted a bribe.

189:2.6 The Christian belief in the resurrection of Jesus has been based on the fact of the “empty tomb.” It was indeed a fact that the tomb was empty, but this is not the truth of the resurrection. The tomb was truly empty when the first believers arrived, and this fact, associated with that of the undoubted resurrection of the Master, led to the formulation of a belief which was not true: the teaching that the material and mortal body of Jesus was raised from the grave. Truth having to do with spiritual realities and eternal values cannot always be built up by a combination of apparent facts. Although individual facts may be materially true, it does not follow that the association of a group of facts must necessarily lead to truthful spiritual conclusions.

189:2.7 The tomb of Joseph was empty, not because the body of Jesus had been rehabilitated or resurrected, but because the celestial hosts had been granted their request to afford it a special and unique dissolution, a return of the “dust to dust,” without the intervention of the delays of time and without the operation of the ordinary and visible processes of mortal decay and material corruption.

189:2.8 The mortal remains of Jesus underwent the same natural process of elemental disintegration as characterizes all human bodies on earth except that, in point of time, this natural mode of dissolution was greatly accelerated, hastened to that point where it became well-nigh instantaneous.

189:2.9 The true evidences of the resurrection of Michael are spiritual in nature, albeit this teaching is corroborated by the testimony of many mortals of the realm who met, recognized, and communed with the resurrected morontia Master. He became a part of the personal experience of almost one thousand human beings before he finally took leave of Urantia. -The Urantia Book

And that's why Jesus told Mary to "touch me not."

And concerning Thomas, this is what happened there:

191:5.2 They were having their evening meal a little after six o’clock, with Peter sitting on one side of Thomas and Nathaniel on the other, when the doubting apostle said: “I will not believe unless I see the Master with my own eyes and put my finger in the mark of the nails.” As they thus sat at supper, and while the doors were securely shut and barred, the morontia Master suddenly appeared inside the curvature of the table and, standing directly in front of Thomas, said:...

191:5.4 “And you, Thomas, who said you would not believe unless you could see me and put your finger in the nail marks of my hands, have now beheld me and heard my words; and though you see no nail marks on my hands, since I am raised in the form that you also shall have when you depart from this world, what will you say to your brethren? You will acknowledge the truth, for already in your heart you had begun to believe even when you so stoutly asserted your unbelief. Your doubts, Thomas, always most stubbornly assert themselves just as they are about to crumble. Thomas, I bid you be not faithless but believing—and I know you will believe, even with a whole heart.”

2/4/2016 6:13:43 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008

If the Urantia Book teaches that Jesus didn't literally bodily rise from the grave, the Urantia Book is teaching colossal error. The three Marys and the apostles Peter and John saw with their very eyes that Jesus was not in the tomb---they didn't have some spiritual awakening to this.

Why are people afraid to believe that Jesus literally rose from the dead, or that He was literally born of a virgin, or that He literally walked on water, or any of His other miracles? Jesus is God, just like the Father and the Holy Spirit, and He has the power to work miracles. If Jesus created human life, the human birth process, water, and other things in nature, if He has that much power, then He can suspend the laws of nature to do something wonderful like rising from the dead. If we really believe that Jesus is God Incarnate, why is it hard for us to believe in His miracles?

2/4/2016 7:37:17 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

looptex1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,789)
Chatsworth, GA
48, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from wayn49:

He still has scars? Blemishes?
Spots?

2/4/2016 7:55:05 AM Scientific data concludes "no soon return"  

visitingfriends
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,459)
Evansville, WI
76, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from looptex1:
He still has scars? Blemishes?
Spots?

Just a thought, does that mean that we will retain our wounds and scars? Scripture says we will be like Him. This is an honest question.