Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www rubmaps com

Then there had been the females who sounded nice, but weren t ever available. maryland single men At some point our daughter got out of the vehicle and, red faced, ran back into the home. Even though some interactions can be really wonderful, other individuals can be… significantly less so. does fbi monitor omegle Get started with the initially episode of this memoir podcast, and you will be hooked on Parise s addictive homage to second possibilities.

campus hookup app

Appear at their pictures as well—not just to see how they appear, but to get an idea of their personality and how social and adventurous they are. over 50 singles groups louisville ky To make communication with the matched profiles, you have to unlock a paid membership. I really should add that this was three or so years ago, so the app might have gone backwards since then. greenville usa sex guide So when a person in his workout group chat posted a hyperlink to a signup kind for a new Chicago dating experiment called Quarantine Bae, he figured he had absolutely nothing to shed.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/8/2010 8:49:25 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Hi you all. My name is Cadno....I am a widowerfor the past 12 years and after some long hard days and nights i decided to join up with this group. I have been lurking and not posting.....I did not join this group earlier because of the attitudes of some members which gets upset and very vocal and quarrelsome over who should and who sould not post and I for sure dont want to cause anyone heartaches and missed sleep by posting without everyone's approval....so now i am posted i will leave it like i found it....good day and stay safe.....

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/8/2010 11:16:48 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

funnyface4him
Butler, PA
50, joined Mar. 2010

Welcome to our group Cadno, I hope you feel welcome enough to come post anytime you feel the need. We are a good group here, I'm sorry for the bickering, hopefully things will get better and some of our other posters will come back. We all have something special to offer others. Please accept my apology for the conflicts.

7/8/2010 11:18:47 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

funnyface4him
Butler, PA
50, joined Mar. 2010

Welcome to our group Cadno, I hope you feel welcome enough to come post anytime you feel the need. We are a good group here, I'm sorry for the bickering, hopefully things will get better and some of our other posters will come back. We all have something special to offer others. Life may not be fair, but I hope in here ,we can be fair to each other.

7/9/2010 12:04:59 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
wishinginok
Poteau, OK
60, joined Jul. 2010

Just wanted to say that it was my first day in the group for widows/widowers.It did me a world of good to read all of the encouraging things that people had to say today.I have gone to bed hurting every night since my husband passed in Dec. 2009.I will still hurt tonight.But, will have a different perspective after all the good advice I read today.I don't feel so alone knowing others know how I feel.It was like the sun coming out from behind the clouds to find this group. Thank You, Janet

7/9/2010 12:09:07 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
wishinginok
Poteau, OK
60, joined Jul. 2010

Would love to say Hello to you Cadno.I am originally from the MS Gulf Coast and know Louisiana very well.You are welcome and I hope being on here helps you as it has me in such a short time. Take Care, Janet

7/9/2010 12:51:07 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

I suppose like a family, we bicker now and then. But it always seems to even back out.

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry that we came off so unwelcoming and insular.

7/9/2010 9:39:48 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Thank you ladies for the welcome.I will help and assist any way or anyone I can....i hope and plan to be a poitive member and not a negative one...and help this group grow and grow.

7/9/2010 4:09:01 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
allheartangel
Dunnellon, FL
39, joined Jun. 2010

Well I have been a part of this group for a couple weeks now. I have been a widow since May 1st of this year. I have found a lot of support and comfort already here. Thank you all for being here!!!

7/9/2010 5:21:28 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from allheartangel:
Well I have been a part of this group for a couple weeks now. I have been a widow since May 1st of this year. I have found a lot of support and comfort already here. Thank you all for being here!!!

I am sorry for your loss and am glad you have found some comfort,caring and support here in this group....the first few weeks and months are the most trying and the hardest to deal with but hang in there,you will find some caring,love and understanding here and i think you will appreciate it......

7/9/2010 6:48:13 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
aliveankickinto
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,576)
Tucson, AZ
85, joined Jul. 2008

This is a good group. We are all in the same boat.

I don't post often, but I do read all the posts.

7/11/2010 6:00:42 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
manateehi2
Olmsted Falls, OH
74, joined Jun. 2010

Hi Everyone; I am new here as well. I have been a window for just over 5 years now and 3 years ago I lost my youngest son...
I hope I am doing this correctly... My name is Sandie and I live in SW Florida.

7/11/2010 7:16:59 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cme80
Madison, AL
55, joined Jun. 2010

Hello Cadno--and welcome....welcome everyone! I am new to this site and forum too. I joined at the beginning of July 10. I wish I had found this site sooner...for the widow/widowers forum at the very least. The widow/widowers forum has been very helpful. Anyway, I lost my wonderful husband very suddenly in Nov. 09--aneurism or massive heart attack...not sure which since we didn't autopsy. He just literally dropped dead though. We had a fabulous marriage! ...nearly 15 years. I miss him terribly...the stupid things too; I'm sure ya'll know what I mean. We have three terrific kids ages 14, 12, and 9. I'd like to think I'll find another love of my life, but if not, at least I experienced it.

7/11/2010 8:35:53 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from cme80:
Hello Cadno--and welcome....welcome everyone! I am new to this site and forum too. I joined at the beginning of July 10. I wish I had found this site sooner...for the widow/widowers forum at the very least. The widow/widowers forum has been very helpful. Anyway, I lost my wonderful husband very suddenly in Nov. 09--aneurism or massive heart attack...not sure which since we didn't autopsy. He just literally dropped dead though. We had a fabulous marriage! ...nearly 15 years. I miss him terribly...the stupid things too; I'm sure ya'll know what I mean. We have three terrific kids ages 14, 12, and 9. I'd like to think I'll find another love of my life, but if not, at least I experienced it.

Hello cme80...I am sorry to hear you lost your husband like that....but when my time comes ....that is the way i hope to go..wham bam and its over...being spiritual more than religious i ask my higher Power daily that when my time is up to please see this wish to the end....I feel i will like it here when i find my way around and thanks for the welcome....

7/11/2010 10:18:39 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cme80
Madison, AL
55, joined Jun. 2010

Cadno...it's the way my husband wanted to go too. He feared lingering...didn't want me to wipe drool off his chin or change his diapers. He went quickly, like he wanted. I am thankful for that. Oddly, we talked often about weird stuff like death and what we would want...and would want each other to do in the inevitable event...just never thought it would be sooooo soon. He wanted to watch our kids grow up...see them drive, date..gradute...marry... bounce grandbabies on his knee. That's what I hate the most. He won't be here to see his babies grow up. He loved them sooooo....great dad! Truly.

7/11/2010 10:36:22 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

missknowitall
Brocton, NY
73, joined Jul. 2010

I lost my Tim in November 2009. I am still waiting for God to help me give him up. The 4th of July would have been our 14th wedding anniversary and I really had a hard time dealing with it, but on Sunday a calm came over me and the hysterical crying was no more. Do you think I'm letting Tim go on his journey and not worry about me? I beleive he will always be with me, and one day we WILL be together.

7/12/2010 8:39:30 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
bonsoph
Rexford, MT
67, joined Jun. 2010

Welcome Cadno! I'm fairly new here,myself.I lost Dave on May 25,after months of suffering.I come here,to this site,almost every day.It seems to comfort me.There are so many kind people,here.And to you,Missknowitall,I too,had a Sunday like you talked about,a few weeks ago.Not to burst your bubble,but there have been many days since then,when I've cried most all day....but some not so much,and some not at all.Peace will come,in time,or so they say.I MUST believe that.

7/12/2010 9:43:32 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
wishinginok
Poteau, OK
60, joined Jul. 2010

I wanted to say Welcome to everyone. I have only been on here a few weeks myself.This Group has really helped me in the short time that I have been on here.I lost my Husband to lung and liver cancer in Dec. 2009.Had a dream last night that we were dancing. So hard to wake up and get hit with reality again.

7/27/2010 9:43:22 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
darlene48
Over 2,000 Posts (2,547)
Cincinnati, OH
66, joined Nov. 2009

Hello all. I have been a widow since I was 42, a long time now. You never get over it you just adjust to a new lifestyle. My man went the hard way with a cancer and lingering illness till the end. He only wanted to watch our 4 children grow up. That never happened for him. And so in all my grief, I had to keep reminding myself that I was the one getting to see the graduations, weddings, grandchildren being born, etc. For that, I am grateful. I still miss him as we were married 24 years and I have never found another like him but I am happy as I am. I am a better person because of him. Knowing him was a privelege that I honor to this day. So it does get better. Peace comes along eventually. There are many of us out here. I never post but I felt a need as some other young person may read and be comforted some how. Love to all!

7/28/2010 4:00:58 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
blonderider49
Port Saint Lucie, FL
56, joined Jul. 2010

Hello my name is Carol and I am new to this group. I have been a widow since April of this year. My husband died at a a young age, he was 45. I am just trying to cope with the loss and also try to overcome the nightmares I am having regarding his death. My husband passed away in front of me at Hospice. Ever since that day I have been having nightmares waking up screaming and crying. Some nights I get no sleep at all. Is there anyone who has experienced this? How did you overcome it?

7/28/2010 9:28:20 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

bojo7
Over 1,000 Posts (1,061)
Debary, FL
65, joined May. 2007

When my Dad died and I was haaving nightmares about his being so thin and suffering, I took a photo cube and put pics of him in there of when he was healthy and having fun and smiling====If I started to have a bad dream, I would look at the cube and see him smiling on my bedside table---after awhile I didn't need the pics to remind me of what a vital healthy man he had been.

7/28/2010 11:37:51 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
darlene48
Over 2,000 Posts (2,547)
Cincinnati, OH
66, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from blonderider49:
Hello my name is Carol and I am new to this group. I have been a widow since April of this year. My husband died at a a young age, he was 45. I am just trying to cope with the loss and also try to overcome the nightmares I am having regarding his death. My husband passed away in front of me at Hospice. Ever since that day I have been having nightmares waking up screaming and crying. Some nights I get no sleep at all. Is there anyone who has
experienced this? How did you overcome it?

I did have nightmares too. Would wake up sweating and breathless. They do get fewer in between. I prayed alot too. Just try to dwell on the good days where he was healthy and keep that vision in your mind. The same thing happened after my Mom died on me too much later in years. I have read it is related to post tramatic stress. I could be driving down the road and a vision would pop into my mind only for a brief second. I read where people who experience something very unpleasant (car wreck, disaster, etc) have this happen and it is called post tramatic stress syndrone. Time will heal these things. I know my husband would not want his memory to be surrounded by his illness. So hold onto those other days and remember all the love. Take care!

7/28/2010 3:13:38 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
sunny1224
Hallstead, PA
65, joined Feb. 2010

Quote from missknowitall:
I lost my Tim in November 2009. I am still waiting for God to help me give him up. The 4th of July would have been our 14th wedding anniversary and I really had a hard time dealing with it, but on Sunday a calm came over me and the hysterical crying was no more. Do you think I'm letting Tim go on his journey and not worry about me? I beleive he will always be with me, and one day we WILL be together.

Hello, I'm new to the group, but lost my husband 11 years ago. I just wanted to let you know that you never have to give him up, you just have to let him go. My husband and I were a 24/7 couple. We worked together, loved together and even built our dream house together, though it took 14 years. Sadly, he passed about 6 months after we moved in.
It took me almost 5 years to really get on with my life. Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. When I stopped trying to "live" without him, and just started to live again, it became much easier. Honestly, I still talk to him every day. He was my best friend, why not? And the best part is, he answers me. Not in the same way as when he was alive, but I hear him nonetheless. Sometimes it's a song, or something I hear on the radio or TV, or maybe one of the kids says something I know he would have said. Sometimes I can just hear him laughing at me in my head. Whatever it is, I know he's there and watching, helping, comforting me. You'll get there. You probably won't even notice, but one day you'll find you're just yourself again. Have faith in you, I'll bet your husband did!

7/28/2010 3:21:30 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
sunny1224
Hallstead, PA
65, joined Feb. 2010

Hello my name is Carol and I am new to this group. I have been a widow since April of this year. My husband died at a a young age, he was 45. I am just trying to cope with the loss and also try to overcome the nightmares I am having regarding his death. My husband passed away in front of me at Hospice. Ever since that day I have been having nightmares waking up screaming and crying. Some nights I get no sleep at all. Is there anyone who has experienced this? How did you overcome it?

My husband died at home. He was in very bad shape, suffering from cancer. I have a photographic memory and it was hard to wipe that picture from my mind. Do you have a picture of your husband from when he was happy and healthy? If so , go to a photo booth and blow it up. Put it next to your bed and look at it before you go to sleep. Talk to him and tell him you remember that time. Be as specific as you can. See it as clearly as possible in your mind. The last thing we picture/concentrate on before we go to sleep wiil be a vivd memory fo our dreams to build on. Make sure you ARE thinking of the happiness you had before you go to sleep. I think you trying to hold on to every last minute you had with him so you can savor it, but there are some minutes you need to let go.
Try this, it will help.

7/28/2010 11:40:50 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
wonderinglost
Onawa, IA
63, joined Oct. 2009

Hello All,
I have been a widow since 1991, but it still seems like yesterday. My life, has been up and down, looking to find happiness, but so far that has not happened.

7/29/2010 12:27:04 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Hello all and thank you all for introducing yourselves....I hope you found that this group is caring,understanding and supportive because we all have a common thread to tie us together and that being the loss of our spouse...it gets better with time but never easy to talk or think about...we want to wish you peace and serenity on your visit here and welcome you become a member of this group....

Have a hug and a and make your self at home....

7/29/2010 12:57:10 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
jbtattoos
Deer Park, WA
44, joined Jul. 2010

I lost my wife last year on January 10.2009,it was hard at fisrt but has goting better now

8/5/2010 6:21:36 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
traceypalmer
Lavaca, AR
53, joined Jul. 2010

I have only been a widow for 5 1/2 months and sometimes I wish I would have went with him. However I didn't and I don't know how to go on. I put on a front and try and make it seem like I am okay and I try to do what others expect me to do. But truly a day don't go by that I don't think about him or wish he was here. I loved him more than life itself and I am lost. I don't know how to go forward and I can't go back I am in limbo. My friends all think I should be over it and moving on but how do you get over losing the true love of your life. We were only together 13 1/2 years but they were the best. I don't know I guess I will quit whining on here.

8/5/2010 7:58:59 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
allheartangel
Dunnellon, FL
39, joined Jun. 2010

I have been widowed since May 1st of this year. I also have had nightmares since his death. My husband hung himself in our front yard, and I found him 4 hours later. Overcoming the nightmares and panic attacks has been a very difficult thing for me as well. Closing my eyes in the shower to rinse my hair is still almost impossible due to the things I see when I close my eyes. I wish I had the answers for you. I know that is why you came here, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. And for me, that helps. I have gotten so much wonderful advise from this site, stick around and just listen to what people have to tell you. I think you will find comfort....Jen

8/5/2010 7:59:30 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

gotirish
Pikeville, NC
54, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from traceypalmer:
I have only been a widow for 5 1/2 months and sometimes I wish I would have went with him. However I didn't and I don't know how to go on. I put on a front and try and make it seem like I am okay and I try to do what others expect me to do. But truly a day don't go by that I don't think about him or wish he was here. I loved him more than life itself and I am lost. I don't know how to go forward and I can't go back I am in limbo. My friends all think I should be over it and moving on but how do you get over losing the true love of your life. We were only together 13 1/2 years but they were the best. I don't know I guess I will quit whining on here.

You're not whining. You are feeling like most of have felt at one time or another. I don't think there is a clear cut plan, map, or blueprint for getting through it. The only people that I have found tu understand what I have been through, is others that have been through it before. You are right friends do not understand. Keep hanging in there, and never be hard on yourself.

[Edited 8/5/2010 8:00:14 PM ]

8/5/2010 9:03:21 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

marco62
Rockford, MN
54, joined Jun. 2010

GOOD DAY GROUP, I am new to this and have lost my wife of 16 years 6 months ago. Up until this point I have'nt reached out to anyone to talk to about the whole thing. we do have 2 children, 15 and 13. I guess I'm looking for someone to talk to about thoughts and feelings in my head and heart. Thank You.

8/6/2010 10:02:01 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from marco62:
GOOD DAY GROUP, I am new to this and have lost my wife of 16 years 6 months ago. Up until this point I have'nt reached out to anyone to talk to about the whole thing. we do have 2 children, 15 and 13. I guess I'm looking for someone to talk to about thoughts and feelings in my head and heart. Thank You.

Hi Marco....I would say this is the place to find some understanding,support,insight
and caring as this is something all of us have had to live and deal with because we all lost loved one's and partners and we know where you are coming from. Just stay with us and ask anything you want....and...you will get some good advice from someone who has been there...Hang with it and we wish you the best..

8/6/2010 10:29:18 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

nanahap
Bradenton, FL
62, joined Jun. 2010

Hi my name is Cathy. I have been a widow for 5 years. My husband died of lung cancer after a 2.5 year battle. It was so heartbreaking to watch him fight so hard and know he was losing. When it got to be within hours of him passing I called family and friends to come. I told everyone before they went in to see him "if you are just going to go in there and cry and tell him not to go" then stay out. Tell him you love him, that it is ok to go and goodbye. I wanted his passing to be peaceful.
I don't think I will ever get over him but I have learned to move on. I think for some of us that may be the best we can do.
Sorry for the long ramble.

8/6/2010 12:53:07 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

speardane
Williamsport, PA
69, joined Aug. 2010

Hi my name is Bill. I wish that I had found this group along time ago. My wife of 35 years passed away July 09, from Small cell lung cancer. I can tell you that it's very difficult to write about this. I have good days and bad days, and wonder if it will ever get better. I still have trouble sleeping at night . Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated..

8/6/2010 3:52:43 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cali1234
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (37,440)
Exeter, CA
69, joined Oct. 2008

Hi Bill welcome to our small little world...read other threads, and just know you are not alone in this.....Big Hugs

8/6/2010 10:46:14 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
fun1fun2fun3
Logan, UT
60, joined Jun. 2009

Hi everyone, I am new to this group. I lost my husband 2 years ago. We were married for 30 yrs. I miss him still. I have been attending a grief group and that has helped me a lot. I think this will be even better, because I can come in here any time. I don't have to wait until Monday at 4:00 pm.

8/7/2010 10:52:58 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

I would like to say welcome to all of you ...Drag up a seat...Make yourself at home and
feel free to join in with us on any questions or discussion Etc. If you give this group a try i think you will come to enjoy it as well as you can a widow/widowers group and it can be a lot of comfort to you...

8/7/2010 8:00:37 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
rls_n7zsj
Overton, NV
66, joined Aug. 2010

Hi Group

I just lost my sweet wife November 30th last year as well and to me,, no it doesn't get any better, I just know my Kathy wouldn't want me to be alone and yes, I have felt her just one time back in March of this year,, all I know is that visit has left a mark in my heart, not sure how to move on with that visit from her, we were married just under 5 years and you would have thought us twins and not married we were that attached to the other and yes you guys do know that feeling as I do, just in an another way is all, or close to..

I so wish I could be with her right now,,, I cry more and more each day, I have tried to go on dates (and have), but I feel as though I'm letting her down and being a cheater, I miss the talking we did with each other,, never to or at, but WITH each other, then there were the times we said nothing but said it all in how we touched and snuggled, the drives and playing board games..

Sorry,,, in tears and need to stop

8/7/2010 8:53:53 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

hmcgirl
State College, PA
62, joined May. 2010

Hi My name is Deb. I lost my husband of 23 yrs in April of '09. There are days that I only seem to have a fleeting thought of him and than there are those days that I just seem to fall apart at the slightest thought of him. I lean on my faith to carry me thru those days.

8/7/2010 8:56:47 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (35,556)
Henderson, NV
58, joined May. 2009

Welcome Fun1, RLS and HMC.

I'm sorry for your losses. All I can say is that it will get easier.

Fun1, what kind of grief group do you attend? Is it through the hospice or your church?

Gosh, I'm sorry, I've missed a lot of you. Welcome to you all.

[Edited 8/7/2010 8:58:55 PM ]

8/7/2010 9:21:46 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

booklet
Salisbury, NC
68, joined Jul. 2010

Hi everyone! I lost my husband to 29 years in 2009. His battle with cancer was mostly ongoing for the past 7 years and I found we became more isolated with time. We are close to my family through e-mail and phone because they all live in other parts of the country. I have never been good at developing life long friendships because of several moves. I will probably remain in NC for life and at present am looking for friendship.

8/7/2010 11:52:00 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

all_thumbs
Lake Wales, FL
68, joined Aug. 2010

I lost my wife, my friend, my lover, Colleen, on March 19, 2009 after a couple of major hemorrhagic strokes. For one month she was alive but unable to communicate with the outside world. I know she knew that I was there, she never wanted to let go of my hand, but she couldn’t do anything to let me or the doctors know how she was doing.

The truly ironic thing was the she had been diagnosed at age 60 with dementia almost two years prior to her strokes and we were already starting seeing significant short term memory losses. We thought that we still had years to say our goodbyes but God had different plans for us.

This experience really drove home the fact that nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow.

I learned to always let the people you love know that you love them don’t wait for a tomorrow that may never come.

8/9/2010 9:50:20 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

nanahap
Bradenton, FL
62, joined Jun. 2010

One thing that helped me was that I started sleeping on his side of the bed. Had never been able to sleep on his side it was too uncomfortable. The night he passes I lay down on his side of the bed and have been sleeping there for the last 5 years. Somehow it gives me comfort.

8/9/2010 12:33:16 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
4rabits
Stuart, FL
85, joined Aug. 2010

Hi. I lost the love of my life on May 17th 2010 @ 11:50 PM and every night since at, 11:50 PM I say Goodbye again to her..We spent 16 years fighting Parkinson's Disease. Don't ever let anybody tell you tha PD doesn't kill. Her vital signs were normal, even in the final coma. Her death certificate says complications due to PD. Our doctor still stands by what he said 16 years ago, but adds "nothing is always or never"

8/11/2010 11:28:30 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
mel5216
Conroe, TX
61, joined Aug. 2010

My name is Mark, I am 54 years old. I lost my wife of 34 years to a heart attack which left her with significant brain damage. She stayed with me for ten days. But it was ten days I got to rub her feet. and the family was able to come and say goodbye. She died on August 5th heart attack on July 22nd. Never any heart trouble or other health issues. On July 22nd we kissed goodbye as I went to work, at 8:10 she told my daughter that she was going to faint and then she grabed my daughters arms and went down. They performed CPR but... the brain suffered, we promised each other not to let the other live as a ... So I removed life support in preparation for organ donation but she lived for 7 more days. I loved her so and do not know what to do with myself. My daughters area great, both grown I have grandkids.

8/12/2010 10:34:56 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

I would like to say good morning and sincerly wish all the ones we have missed a warm welcome..RLS..Deb..Booklet..All Thumbs..Nanahap..4 Rabits..and Mark we are sorry for your losses but feel you will find some support,Love and caring here in this group

We wouldlike to say hang in there...It's very trying and Tuff sometimes but it will become somewhat easier as time passes...Make yourself at home here and if we can help in any way just ask...

8/12/2010 2:33:22 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
bebopp69
Draper, UT
48, joined Aug. 2010

Hi everyone!! I'm a widow of 2 years now and finding this chat on a dating site bites several ways for me. First of all I thought I was the only one that has ever lost a true love (which logically) i know isn't true, but also that I had to come to a dating site to find out that i'm not the only one alone. Thats refreshing. just want to say that i'm sorry for you're loses and the broken hearts that linger. Thanks.

8/12/2010 3:38:00 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
2irish11
Norwich, CT
60, joined Aug. 2010

Hi, Irish here....and I'm new to datehookup...but, not new to internet dating nor to widow/er threads....I've been widowed for 2 1/2 years now...the first anniversary felt like I was in a fog...the past one felt like a haze...perhaps next year it'll feel like the sun is finally out....

I've also seen the attitudes of some that join emotional charged discussion groups...people's who aren't in the W's club posting how we should think, feel, reach, how long we should wait before dating, and so on...the voices of the experts...oh well....yanno what they say about opinions???

8/12/2010 7:14:12 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

nanahap
Bradenton, FL
62, joined Jun. 2010

Thank you for the Welcome. I will check back in often.

8/12/2010 7:20:55 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
agalthangtoo
Austin, TX
58, joined Aug. 2010

Hello,

My name is Mel, and my husband died (CHF) in 2007, June 25th to be exact. What makes it so difficult is that my mother died on the anniversary (June 25, 2009) of my husband's death. I was very angry. Angry at everyone and everything. Relocating to to Austin, leaving my home, vehicle, and everything! Why is life so hard, and seemly unfair?

But I know that God's is good, and His word says, "He would not put too much on us that we cannot bare!

I just wanted to share my heart to others that understand my pain!

[Edited 8/12/2010 7:23:17 PM ]

8/12/2010 7:31:52 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

julia1955
Philadelphia, PA
62, joined Aug. 2009

Hi All:

Sorry for your lost. I am widow for 6 years, it does get easier. Hang in there.

8/12/2010 7:36:26 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

julia1955
Philadelphia, PA
62, joined Aug. 2009

Carol so sorry! I want thru the same as you did. My husband was 50 and suffer from cancer. It was a nightmare! Hopefully someday you will find peace.

8/12/2010 8:14:32 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

julia1955
Philadelphia, PA
62, joined Aug. 2009

Hi Carol:
Yes I experience exactly the same as you did . My husband was 50 years old, and the morning of his death he was fine, he asked to eat some yogurt, when I came back upstairs to bring him what he wanted he was gasping for breath, I brought him to the hospital and by the time the doctors saw him they told me it was only a matter of minutes. He died in my arms.
It has been 6 years, and each day gets better but I use to pray and I am not a holy person for God to help me , and to be strong. So hang in there honey, you will get thru this it will just take some time.

8/12/2010 8:18:57 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

ichibon613
Decatur, IL
61, joined Aug. 2010

I have been a widow for a little over 4 years. My husband died on our anniversary which was a double whammy. Irish and I are buddies ! Hi Irish

[Edited 8/12/2010 8:19:19 PM ]

8/12/2010 8:24:51 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
2irish11
Norwich, CT
60, joined Aug. 2010

Hey Ichi....yep...all members of the unwanted club...darn

8/12/2010 9:27:49 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
rusty474
Edmonton, AB
62, joined Aug. 2010

Hi, yup, I'm here too. Hey Irish and Ichi.

Almost six years for me and time heals. Just that we all want a specific date and time.

Rusty

8/12/2010 9:54:28 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
cadno
Kenner, LA
77, joined Jun. 2010

Hello to all the new widows and widowers...We here in this group are sorry about your losses and understand your grief and the loneliness you experience when losing a loved one for all of the group has been there...so..Bebopp,nanahap,Agal in Austin,Julia,Rusty
Ichi and Irish Welcome to this group...any questions or answers will be adressed
as best we can,from our experiences...join in anytime you choose and we look forward to your participation....welcome

[Edited 8/12/2010 9:58:01 PM ]

8/12/2010 10:47:40 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
darlene48
Over 2,000 Posts (2,547)
Cincinnati, OH
66, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from speardane:
Hi my name is Bill. I wish that I had found this group along time ago. My wife of 35 years passed away July 09, from Small cell lung cancer. I can tell you that it's very difficult to write about this. I have good days and bad days, and wonder if it will ever get better. I still have trouble sleeping at night . Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated..
I had this same thing happen to my man years ago. Sleep was not happening. I kept having these flashbacks of "unsightly visions" that seemed to haunt me. One day I realized that I was letting the cancer get him but also me. Fight against it and keep moving forward. Your spouse would not want you to suffer too. Then the disease wins! Think of the good times and not the unhealthy ones. Don't give up. Group hug from us all!

8/13/2010 8:09:10 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
bettybc
Ocala, FL
80, joined May. 2010

Hi I`m betty i lost my husband 8 yr`s ago, after 46 wonderful yr`s,he was my everything but it`s time to let go ,i`m sure he would want me to be happy .

8/13/2010 9:20:24 AM Introduction of new widows and widowers  
2irish11
Norwich, CT
60, joined Aug. 2010

Hi guys,

Rusty-Ichi…

Time does soften the grief we feel…how much??? I dunno…depends on the individual…

We’ve pretty much all experienced the anxiety associated with being left alone…either by a sudden or prolonged death of a spouse…most of us lost whom we considered our partner for life…and weren’t ready to have life be so short…yet, we still must put one foot in front of another and move on…hard as it is.

I read this quote in a hospice flyer and it stuck a cord with me:
”In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life...it goes on." Robert Frost

Be well and try to be happy.

Irish

8/13/2010 8:29:50 PM Introduction of new widows and widowers  

mickierue
Paris, TN
67, joined Aug. 2010

hello everyone ,im widow since 07/08/07. my first day on here ,i miss hubby everyday ,but i know he,s with the lord ,lord needed him more. Belinda