Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega profile dating site

A couple of other individuals unmatch to make it tougher to identify them if they do one thing creepy or threatening in person or on other apps. auburn al singles You can sign up and browse the website for free of charge, but you will will need to pay for a monthly subscription of £22 if you want to strike up conversation with other single men and women. This is a difficult spot to be in as you want to be enthusiastic however don t want to run out of points to say. snapfuckorg Registration with on line websites internet site, hands totally free marketing options for all your matches for a group dating 50 singles for, and, rheingau.

hookup sites with free trials

He told her he cheated simply because he was utilised to getting with hot females and wanted a treat. personals champaign il My son, Jack, 6, was playing with his 4 year old, Gabe. Of course, there s never a assure as your date may possibly only be showing you what they want to show, but it is by no means bad to commence finding out extra about their history. how to use happn app free One in 5 (20%) stated that they control who gets to see their profile photo.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/17/2010 11:54:59 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Since moving in the country I have lots of deer. I have counted as many as 20 in my backyard one night. They just lounge in my front yard. The only flower I have found that they won't eat is marigolds. I planted lirope when I first moved in 9 years ago and it has never gotten higher than a inch! They really pissed me off when they smashed my watermelon. Any help appreciated

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/18/2010 9:17:46 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

an outside dog would probably help !

10/18/2010 10:05:52 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

yar2010
Jordan, NY
76, joined Oct. 2010

I have similar problems with deer. I have found the only sure way to prevent them eating my garden is putting up a fence around the plants they prefer to eat, like beans sweet corn, broccoli, cabbage, strawberries, and numerous other vegetables and flowers.
The cost of a fence can vary depending on the type you buy.
For the larger garden, I have a fence charger hooked up. This keeps racoons, squnks, rabbits, squirl and wild turkeys out of the garden.
Local garden sell a repellent to keep deer away from flowers and vegetables. I have not tried any of the repellent.

10/18/2010 12:58:34 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Well..A dog is not a option my cats would have a problem with that!

I tried a fence but it wasn't tall enough. I forget what type of fence, seems like maybe rabbit fence. That just doesn't sound right. But the rabbits got in there to. I would have to check the price on the taller fences. I use to think rabbits were so cute not anymore, they just hang out too, I see them every afternoon.

I really have a problem with the deer in the yard they run around all day too. I guess I need to find out what plants can be planted that they don't eat.

10/18/2010 7:28:40 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
coppermare
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,802)
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

There are a lot of deer resistant plants. Some are even marked on the tags at the box stores. They loveeeee pansies!!
http://www.deer-resistant-plants.com/common-name.htm

You can also purchase a product called critter getter or critter away from the store...

Proven Winner sold by Home Depot list it on their tags..here's their website
http://www.provenwinners.com/search/?cx=002434005836988681966%3Asl42cyduzso&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=deer+resistant#0

[Edited 10/18/2010 7:29:59 PM ]

10/18/2010 11:30:27 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Thanks coppermare...I'm going to check those out. The pansies was one of the first I found out about. It's very discouraging.

10/19/2010 5:10:02 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
coppermare
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

Yep, if they weren't so expensive we'd sell out to hunters

10/20/2010 8:57:34 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

I've had a few men that heard of my problem and wanted to come and hang out in my backyard.

10/29/2010 7:17:14 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
tigger35670
Over 2,000 Posts (2,575)
Somerville, AL
60, joined Jan. 2007

In a book I have it says you can sprinkle baby powder on rags and
hang them from tree branches or on sticks around your plants.

10/30/2010 7:56:41 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
grignon
Warrenville, IL
59, joined Oct. 2010

My mom battled white tail deer for 25 years and the only reliable solution was a 4' high chicken wire fence. Odd, because I've seen deer jump fences twice that height. I guess so long as there was other forage around, it was too much trouble.

She tried dozens of sprays, powders, urines etc. A dusting of cayenne pepper powder worked better than most but it doesn't stick to the foliage well and has to be renewed every couple of days.It also discourages the rabbits.

10/31/2010 11:27:28 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Thanks for the information..I'm going to try the baby powder and the cayenne pepper powder. I have tried putting the urine clumps from my cats litter box out there. That was alot of fun and really looked good!

11/2/2010 4:27:32 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

There are several options. I live in a small city, and I have many friends who live on the outskirts where the deer roam freely.

My least favorite option is an electronic deer fence. It works, but some people hear the frequency and I'm one of them. It is highly irritating. It's just a buried wire that emits a noise they don't like. Not a good idea around pets either.

Deer sprinklers are another option. They detect movement and emit a short burst of water to scare the deer off. They're annoying if you forget to turn them off before you or your guests walk by, and they're not good for a drought prone area.

I don't think it'd be an option for keeping deer away, but I have watched families of wild turkeys attacking deer in competition for my friend's orchard! That's funny to watch.

I didn't see if someone suggested urine or not. Carnivore urine will often keep deer away, but of course don't put it too close to the plants themselves. I think you can buy jars of it, or there's other more obvious ways.

Someone already told ya about plants, so I'll avoid redundancy. Hope you find the solution which works for you.

11/3/2010 8:08:41 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Thanks for the information. I have alot of cats that hang around and I don't think they would like the fence or the water! The fence would be a little pricey since it's a large area. I am going to check out the carnivore urine. That's interesting about the wild turkeys I bet that was a sight to see. When I first moved out here I had never seen a wild turkey before. One day a whole crew came by and then flew away. I didn't know that they could fly and had to call someone to find out what that was in my backyard!

11/3/2010 9:13:04 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
mjaskoski
Salem, OR
69, joined Nov. 2010

Plant plants that are Deer Resistance.

11/4/2010 11:24:20 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Well the marigolds are deer resistent and there are other flowers as well. My biggest problem is the garden. I am not going to let the deer stop me from having a garden. I get to much pleasure out of having a garden to allow a stupid deer make me stop! I've gotten use to the flower eating, but I have alot of lillies and iris that they don't like. I have noticed some farms where I live that have foil plates and something white(piece of cloth) hanging down. These people have large gardens but I don't have a clue what that stuff is. I do have one of those cameras that you sit outside and it takes pictures of any movement. I figured I could spy on the deer, it worked real well with the X. Nothing like deer surveilance. DEER

11/5/2010 9:21:21 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
44, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from sointoyoutwo:
Well the marigolds are deer resistent and there are other flowers as well. My biggest problem is the garden. I am not going to let the deer stop me from having a garden. I get to much pleasure out of having a garden to allow a stupid deer make me stop! I've gotten use to the flower eating, but I have alot of lillies and iris that they don't like. I have noticed some farms where I live that have foil plates and something white(piece of cloth) hanging down. These people have large gardens but I don't have a clue what that stuff is. I do have one of those cameras that you sit outside and it takes pictures of any movement. I figured I could spy on the deer, it worked real well with the X. Nothing like deer surveilance. DEER

The foil is probably to keep birds away. The vineyards around here hang strips of tinsel-like foil on the vine-posts to keep the birds away from the grapes. It's also done with any berry or anything else the birds will go after. I'm not sure if it would keep deer away. The white cloth I'm not sure, perhaps a frost blanket?

If you plant your garden so that you have it surrounded by plants that deer don't like being around, that could make a big difference. It can't just be plants which deer don't like to eat, but must be plants which the smell makes them leave. Unfortunately, some of those have smells that make people leave too! I think the carnivore urine is probably the best bet, but I have not heard a whole lot of reports on how well it works (the ones I have heard, it worked very well.)

11/7/2010 5:07:41 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

I think the plants sound good I could use the marigolds they have a distinct smell to them. I just wonder if the smell would be strong enough, considering the height of the deer. I like the idea of the urine, I don't know how often it would have to be used. It would also work with those pesky rabbits. I can't begin to tell you how crazy the clumps of cat urine looked at the garden!

11/10/2010 7:42:48 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
grignon
Warrenville, IL
59, joined Oct. 2010

Urine doesn't work reliably because animals can tell how long it's been there. Where my mom lived the deer would have commonly encountered scat from wolves, coyotes, feral dogs, bear, bobcat, marten, weasel. A two week old piss patch won't scare off anything, even if it's from a bengal tiger. And the urine ages in the bottle as well, not just after it's applied.

I can understand not wanting to constrain a flower garden by fencing-it seems too industrial.
But it's really not that expensive. You can get 150' of 4' chicken wire for about $75. You don't need to construct it like a cattle barrier-the deer don't try to push through it. SO you can post it every 10 feet or whatever is necessary for your climatic conditions. You can even get the wire coated with green or black PVC, though at a premium price.

11/11/2010 4:26:05 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

thundertrod
Covert, MI
42, joined Nov. 2010

Deer spook easly a motion activated light will normly scare them away.

11/12/2010 3:13:26 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
claysback
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
Lewiston, MI
57, joined Nov. 2010

Human hair in orange bags.
I use to put my hair, when I cut it, lol, and my brushed dog hair in an orange bags, place them around the outside edge of the garden. You could see where the deer tracks went all the way around, but never steped in.

Try finding a beauty shop that would maybe keep clippings for you.

11/12/2010 8:10:00 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

I may end up having to put a fence up, not only for the deer but those pesky rabbits that I use to think were so cute!

The motion light is interesting, this is at the back of my property but there is a shed back there. I was just robbed recently so that would be two-fold.

The hair! Now that is really interesting, I would love to know the story around that. It really doesn't matter as long as it works, but my imagination could run wild with that.

I had really like the idea with the urine but it makes sense that it would lose it's potency rather quickly.

11/21/2010 12:23:52 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
lookin2dance
Harrah, OK
70, joined Oct. 2010

a 30.06 and a large freezer come to mind.....

11/21/2010 4:50:11 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

absolutely..I have enough for several freezers

11/22/2010 8:20:47 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
drozzie
Pipestone, MN
57, joined Apr. 2010

One thing my uncle found that worked was to hang tin cans in a tree where the deer trail are the noise would scare them away .

11/23/2010 9:58:20 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
lookin2dance
Harrah, OK
70, joined Oct. 2010

actually,a friend used to hang tin pie plates and rags on wire and pretty much scred the deer away from her plants.

11/24/2010 8:23:38 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

You know that's what some of my neighbors have in their gardens.

11/26/2010 5:42:05 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
yellowgold
Over 1,000 Posts (1,513)
Hersey, MI
57, joined Jul. 2007

I go to the dollar store and buy cheep bars of soap and shave it around my gardens. Its a pain in the butt,but it seems to be working. I have deer all over here!

11/29/2010 1:05:57 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Wow..Now that's different and cheap too! I wonder what in the soap makes that work. That sounds like a winner and the price is right.

11/30/2010 5:01:17 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
coppermare
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

A customer the other day told me blood meal works to keep deer away. I know it's good for plants and it made sense..I've never tried it though

12/3/2010 10:19:42 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

thunder_lover71
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,817)
Mount Pleasant, MI
46, joined Sep. 2008

Motion lights and predtor urin

12/6/2010 7:20:40 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Coppermare....Where do I find Blood Meal?

Thunder Lover.I'm definately going to get the motion lights.

12/7/2010 8:03:52 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
coppermare
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

Blood meal is at any nursery, big box store....find it where the fertilizer and plant foods are.

12/11/2010 2:58:04 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
massey256
Over 1,000 Posts (1,441)
Jasper, IN
54, joined May. 2010

What has worked for me is a 44 Mag, or fab softner on a rag!

12/13/2010 10:57:36 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

Absoluteley

12/23/2010 5:57:18 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
me4u694us
Yellville, AR
70, joined Dec. 2010

You have to eat and if the deer eat your veggies, then eat the deer. Venison is healthier than beef and is delicious. Or, if you have money, Bonide has a product that is made to keep deer out.Good luck and have a great day.

1/10/2011 6:57:05 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

I love deer meat! I can cook a mean vension roast!

1/11/2011 3:22:16 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
walks_alone_42
Asheville, NC
74, joined Jan. 2011

blood meal works!!

2/21/2011 5:27:28 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
63, joined Apr. 2008

i have deer around my house and garden they never touch squash i guess they dont like it

2/21/2011 10:51:37 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sointoyoutwo
North Charleston, SC
60, joined Sep. 2010

You know, They didn't mess with my squash either!

2/22/2011 5:27:26 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
stanley72553
Ringgold, GA
63, joined Apr. 2008

I guess just plant squash all around the garden

3/3/2011 12:16:46 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
valahala
Quilcene, WA
59, joined Sep. 2010

whats worked untill it wears off for me is bloodmeal put in old socksand hung from the trees. I did build a 6 foot fence around the garden and thats keeped them out of the garden.

3/6/2011 5:50:47 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
everydayrocks
Crestwood, KY
54, joined Aug. 2009

A fence to keep out deer can be made from fishing line and still keep them out. For some reason they will not cross the line. Ivory soap works because they hate the smell. Hang bars from string at various heights. Dryer sheets hung from plants also work the same way. Motion sensors can activate anthing from lights to a load radio to spook them. Once you have your garden fortified as a fortress just relax and enjoy LOL.

3/14/2011 10:43:18 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
gf55
Amissville, VA
62, joined Jun. 2010

I was recently informed that pieces of cloth or strips of the colored marking flags on a pole as well as the tins left to flap in the wind work well. The scent of a dog on the cloth strips is a plus. If the plants you are protecting are not edibles there are several repellent sprays available (check your local garden center) that generally have a residual effect for 60 to 90 days before they need to be reapplied. Many organic gardening sites have recipes for similar sprays. For my vegetable garden a six foot kennel fence has no bad odor or electrical jolt and has worked well for me! I chose the kennel fence because it is movable, fast and easy to install with no post holes to dig. Good luck. The deer in Virginia are eating things now that I've never seen them eat in all my years of gardening.

3/15/2011 1:03:54 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
valahala
Quilcene, WA
59, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from gf55:
I was recently informed that pieces of cloth or strips of the colored marking flags on a pole as well as the tins left to flap in the wind work well. The scent of a dog on the cloth strips is a plus. If the plants you are protecting are not edibles there are several repellent sprays available (check your local garden center) that generally have a residual effect for 60 to 90 days before they need to be reapplied. Many organic gardening sites have recipes for similar sprays. For my vegetable garden a six foot kennel fence has no bad odor or electrical jolt and has worked well for me! I chose the kennel fence because it is movable, fast and easy to install with no post holes to dig. Good luck. The deer in Virginia are eating things now that I've never seen them eat in all my years of gardening.

Last summer the deer here in wa were eating things that they haven't eaten before too. I asked around and didn't get any answers. I even asked the people at the forest service. I was wondering if they weren't getting the right nutrients in there regular diet. Anyone have any ideas?

3/15/2011 7:46:40 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
madmanmoe
Over 2,000 Posts (2,202)
Stroudsburg, PA
51, joined Mar. 2011

Urine will just attract them, afriend of mine told me to try peppermint oil, it's supposed to repel all kinds of rodents including groundhogs and rabbits. The next time I spoke with him I told him it worked great. I told him it was also a great lubricant for my rifle.
I use a 4 foot chicken wire fence and I put 1 foot into the ground(3feet above). This eems to keep most things away. I've seen my yard cats eating with oppposum eating right next to them, so cats really only keep small rodents and squirrels away

3/17/2011 10:03:35 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
gardeningbug
Alvin, TX
59, joined Feb. 2011

There are alot of plants that will deter deer but make sure those same plants will not poison you or your cats. Some plants will cross pollenate with your vegetables and are not good for you. Deer are afraid of humans, that is why the hair works, they smell it. Same for the soap. Alot of online nurseries sell deer deterent, but the best thing to do is put up about a 6 foot fence around your entire property and set up deer feeder outside the fence. If they are not hungry they will not jump the fence to eat your flowers and veggies. That is what my friend in East Texas has been doing for over 15 yrs and they have no problem with the deer. She justs goes out every evening before sunset and fills the feeder. You can also add a mineral lick block. Plus see still gets to enjoy seeing the new fawns in the spring. Just don't try to make pets out of them. It is extremely dangerous, especially in the rutting season. Don't let them get to close to you and never try to pet them.

3/26/2011 7:54:31 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
verbatim45
Minneapolis, MN
57, joined May. 2010

hair in painty hose also Irish spring soap works well but if it dosnt deer make great sausage

3/26/2011 11:10:20 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
sandstone71
Greenfield, MA
45, joined Sep. 2010

Only one truly sure way. Teeth, following the "high speed" lead and the quick cook.

3/31/2011 5:37:23 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

gypsykat
Kimbolton, OH
59, joined Sep. 2010

One way I have used with decent results is to spray the plants with a mix of water with pepper juice or powder. It smells bad to them, and burns them without actually hurting them. And it doesn't hurt your plants! Just be sure to wash any produce or leaves before eating them yourself! You do have to re-apply every couple of weeks, or after a hard rain.

4/1/2011 3:53:59 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,992)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

loose dogs around your place, and 12gauge shotgun.

4/4/2011 8:25:27 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

spankee06
Over 1,000 Posts (1,734)
Saint Croix Falls, WI
55, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from lookin2dance:
a 30.06 and a large freezer come to mind.....

LMAO!
I know the best way to cook up them little deeries.

4/10/2011 7:39:01 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

omganything
Statesboro, GA
63, joined Mar. 2011

well if you hang DVD;s in trees its helps a lot.

4/10/2011 7:41:05 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

omganything
Statesboro, GA
63, joined Mar. 2011

omg,wow the kids and Santa may not like that.

4/13/2011 1:22:56 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

rwroofer
Susanville, CA
44, joined Apr. 2011

deers hate rosemary u can also buy a motion sensor rainbird they run about 45 but work good find at your hardware store

4/14/2011 9:23:02 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
lostlovey
Summit Lake, WI
46, joined Mar. 2011

A high calliber rifle such as a Remmington 30-06 with 500 grain shells will drop a deer dead in its tracks. I shoot them all the time, they never mess with my garden! And they go good with vegetables from my garden!

5/9/2011 5:25:33 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
seethersucks
Louisa, VA
47, joined Apr. 2011

Don't underestimate the power of a midnite pee in the garden,lol. Hair clippings and fingernails too........anything human

[Edited 5/9/2011 5:26:46 PM ]

5/20/2011 5:31:51 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

single_guy_740
Amsterdam, OH
43, joined Dec. 2009

I use plastic bags tied to the posts I use for my veining plants. kills two birds with one stone keeps the deer out and I always have something at hand to put veggies in

7/4/2011 2:22:49 AM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
danseravecmoi
Hudson, FL
55, joined Jul. 2011

yes, take hair out of a hairbrush and put it into a nylon stocking and tie it around the plant

7/7/2011 2:16:24 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  

sitiniraq
Over 1,000 Posts (1,353)
Calvert, TX
57, joined Jan. 2008

you could try some blood meal. Its a fertilizer which is made from blood of animals. Deer do not like the smell of it.. I am sure you would have to determine how often to reapply it .Its nitrogen rich as far as fertilize goes. 12-0-0 . Here in Texas you can find it anywhere fertilize is sold .. good luck .

8/9/2011 2:19:13 PM Does anyone know how to keep the deer away from plants  
kinkaju
Over 1,000 Posts (1,430)
Booneville, AR
70, joined Jun. 2011

Quote from lostlovey:
A high calliber rifle such as a Remmington 30-06 with 500 grain shells will drop a deer dead in its tracks. I shoot them all the time, they never mess with my garden! And they go good with vegetables from my garden!

where did you find a 30-06 500 grain round?