Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler bbw

Cherish the fact that I will even spend time with you occasionally. black singles dc Possibly we must go on normal tinder and discover an individual who can tolerate us. Here s the spot to ask concerns and get assistance with Pregnancy and Parenting. gettube russian Our choice of the top three most effective web pages & apps for senior dating is eHarmony, Ashley Madison, and SilverSingles without a doubt.

privatedelight app

There s absolutely nothing like sharing some weird and crazy stuff with a stranger. ventura county personals The interest in on the net dating decreased a little during the pandemic, it is accurate, but now, with the reopenings and returning to typical life, it s expected to develop at an even higher price than prior to 2020. But just after the initially date, there was this curiosity that had me agree to a second date. plentyoffish casual dating sites You should sign up only on senior dating web sites that worth your privacy and proper to confidentiality.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/4/2011 7:35:21 AM During this drought  

kaddo
Taylor, TX
73, joined May. 2007

is it possible to water large trees in a drought? what is the best way to water large schrubs. we are in a terrible drought here in texas. help.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/4/2011 7:59:39 AM During this drought  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

Big trees need water too just like the little trees. How you water them is not a big deal. Use what type of resourses you have whether it be a sprinkler, drip irrigation, ect. And with this bad drought those big trees will suffer and can die.

8/4/2011 11:48:54 AM During this drought  
enrico99
West Columbia, SC
61, joined Jul. 2011

Place a hose at the base of a tree & turn it on slow flow. Let it run for up to an hour or less. Sprinklers are a waste of water & ineffective for large trees

8/7/2011 3:16:29 PM During this drought  
summerskye_4
Raleigh, NC
67, joined Feb. 2011

I have a new front of the house foundation shrub planting and we have had many 100 degree temperature days without rain. Although my shrubs aren't huge yet they are big enough and I've tended to their water needs all through the summer.

At first I would water with a sprinkler but it seems that my front sidewalk and yard got as much water as the shrubs. Now I just do what was earlier suggested and I take the hose and put it on the ground and let it run for a good while, soaking the ground around each shrub then move the hose to the next shrub. It takes a long time to water that way because I have 21 shrubs planted but I do it while I'm doing housework and cooking on the weekend and it doesn't take but a minute to move the hose. Whereas before I had doubts that the soil around each shrub was being watered deeply enough so that the roots can get a good healthy start and grow as deeply as possible preparing it for other hot seasons in later years.

8/7/2011 3:22:10 PM During this drought  

bones01
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,598)
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Usually trees and shrubs have a root system that extends out the same distance as the canopy of the vegetation. A soaker hose looped around the tree and left on overnight, should provide sufficient moisture to keep the tree healthy for almost two weeks.

8/7/2011 8:16:18 PM During this drought  
coppermare
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,802)
Grady, AL
57, joined Feb. 2008

Wanted to add: It's better to water deeply once than shallow a few times. Watering shallow makes the roots come up to the surface to reach the water....not good.

8/7/2011 9:28:23 PM During this drought  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from coppermare:
Wanted to add: It's better to water deeply once than shallow a few times. Watering shallow makes the roots come up to the surface to reach the water....not good.

Right on the money with that one!

8/8/2011 6:40:01 AM During this drought  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

I 2nd what copper says. I water each area 12 hours before moving my sprinkler to a different location. That's about the same as a slow 4 inch rain.

8/10/2011 5:38:32 AM During this drought  
enrico99
West Columbia, SC
61, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from thebarefoot1:
I 2nd what copper says. I water each area 12 hours before moving my sprinkler to a different location. That's about the same as a slow 4 inch rain.

You are overwatering! No need to overreact

8/10/2011 7:27:20 AM During this drought  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

In this severe drought we are going through overwatering is a heck of a lot better than underwatering. Besides, if there would be any excess water it would just drain back into my pond where it came from in the first place.

8/10/2011 10:00:51 AM During this drought  
red35670
Somerville, AL
60, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from thebarefoot1:

Yes, On a segment on tv about plants and trees the guy said to run the water slow for
about 12 or more hours or overnight so it would go deep to the roots.

8/11/2011 6:26:42 AM During this drought  
enrico99
West Columbia, SC
61, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from red35670:
Yes, On a segment on tv about plants and trees the guy said to run the water slow for
about 12 or more hours or overnight so it would go deep to the roots.

That may be for large trees only, many plants would not be able to tolerate such treatment, for example lawns or most herbs

8/12/2011 8:16:37 AM During this drought  
tx_blu_eyz2010
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,263)
San Antonio, TX
50, joined Mar. 2010

everything i did in may for my garden,is gone since its too dry.so i dug it up and will start over

8/12/2011 3:13:20 PM During this drought  
red35670
Somerville, AL
60, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from enrico99:
That may be for large trees only, many plants would not be able to tolerate such treatment, for example lawns or most herbs

Yes, he was talking about for trees

8/26/2011 12:54:21 PM During this drought  
westy690
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,619)
Phoenix, AZ
45, joined Mar. 2011

you dont need to water mature trees that are native to your area and climate

we have a "drought" in Az every yr people..its only rained a few inches in 8 mos and the desert trees can make it with no additional water and 100+ days of triple digits temps Im sure your tree species can..

8/27/2011 10:38:24 AM During this drought  

bones01
Homeland, CA
68, joined Apr. 2008

The darn heat here in SoCal has been rough on the garden. About the best I can say of it is that the veggies I've picked lately are already cooked.

8/27/2011 10:49:08 AM During this drought  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
63, joined Dec. 2008

there is a gizmo that can be pushed into the ground.
It has holes near the bottom and what one does is hook the garden hose to it.
That way the water gets to where it is really needed....

8/27/2011 6:54:12 PM During this drought  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

Some here misunderstood the OP's question. She asked if it's possible to water large trees in a "drought". We been through droughts before, but this is a drought like no other. Our trees large of small are adapted to a yearly average rainfall of 40 inches, more or less depending on the region. In an average year or minor drought the large trees can handle their own. But in a severe drought they need help if possible. In my region the native pecan is the most popular and it seems to be doing the worse. There are 50+ yr old trees dying.

10/2/2011 9:03:33 AM During this drought  

sierratoo
Grande Prairie, AB
63, joined Dec. 2008

...just wondering... during 'drought' times, do people still shower? What happens to that water?
Me? I am too cheap to turn on my hose and during the summer only I use a plastic tub to wash dishes in. then the soapy water goes into the garden. I could care less if my grass survives. And yes, I have been known to empty the bathtub into the garden also....

10/2/2011 9:27:02 AM During this drought  

thebarefoot1
El Campo, TX
58, joined Nov. 2010

I still shower. And the water goes down the drain, then threw the septic system, then it is pumped underground threw preferated pvc pipes to water the trees.

10/13/2011 1:40:38 AM During this drought  

thunder_lover71
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,817)
Mount Pleasant, MI
46, joined Sep. 2008

Id stick a pipe in the ground down a few feet that was threaded so you can hook a water hose to it and turn the hose on very low and let it stay on a hr or so that way it get the water were it needs it and you dont have a ton of run off.