Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best gay hookup apps for android

PoF says it might share your individual data with affiliates and third parties acting on their behalf. black people meet san diego Others help persons obtain their match with compatibility games, filtering selections, and far more. SilverSingles makes it as handy as attainable for the older population to discover love with online dating. russian hookup You can also text for longer and arrange a meet up if you feel it really is worth it or meet first then speak talk prior to second date.

free hookup tonight

It s much easier to be the person you are and make some compromises. dating sites in moscow idaho When we got out to the car or truck, he started laughing and stated guess what I ve got in my pocket? I, of course, couldn t guess, so he dramatically produced two avocados which he had stolen. Most people today are usually delighted to open up about this kind of stuff and it can lead the conversation down a fascinating path. gianna nicole onlyfans Almost all the characteristics of A lot of Fish are free of charge and this allows the customers to verify unlimited profiles, send limitless messages and do numerous more activities.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/20/2012 1:30:35 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,018)
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

When I was in grade school, we ate like kings. The woman made donuts monthly. They called them fry cakes. Mangley looking things, not perfectly round. They were apparently dropped into the grease. The holes were irregular and grew together sometimes in places. And they were super crispy and had crunchy bubbles. The insides were cake like. I have searched internet til blue. It is NOT a raised donut. It wasnt cut out. It was not a cake donut made with those pathetic machines. I found one batter receipe that might be it. Or the funnel cakes receipe sounds close too. They use baking powder instead of yeast.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/20/2012 9:29:51 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
reese49
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,331)
Jackson, OH
54, joined Jul. 2012

I made something like funnel cakes with homemade pancake batter. Tasted like funnel cake.
But then I always sprinkle cinnamon in my batter.

This is going to sound weird, but my Mom used to make donuts for us when we were little by using canned biscuits. She'd cut holes in them. I know that's not what you mean, but just different ideas popping in my head. While typing this, I was thinking, homemade cinnamon rolls would make good donuts. I have my Mom's cook books, let me see what I can find.

8/21/2012 11:22:24 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (3,015)
Belleville, IL
62, joined Jun. 2007

That sounds exactly like the ones my mother made, I'll see if I can get the recipe....

8/21/2012 11:59:58 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

That would be great. A friend remembers them and checked with a sister in law for ma's and just got a duhhhhhhh. I asked at the Amish store and a young gal knew them, but didnt have the receipe and no phones so no way to call the person.

8/23/2012 3:52:56 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
41, joined Feb. 2012

i would love to have that recipe too! Yeah we ate like kings at school too. I wished they put all those into a cookbook. It would b awesome!

8/23/2012 9:29:18 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (3,015)
Belleville, IL
62, joined Jun. 2007

Well, the recipe has been in the family since the 1880's and she's mailing me a copy. Mom doesn't do the internet.

8/23/2012 1:26:26 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

Anticipating!!!! I drove mom nuts trying to imitate the mac and cheese they made too. She tried everything and I always said the school ladies was better. I anticipated lunch when I went into town to high school. Paid for the tickets...went the first day in line and....gloop, gloop, splat, slop! I didnt know one could pour mashed potatos! Ate the one week and then carried a peanut butter on toast sandwich all the rest of the year unless I walked uptown to a cafe. Mom refused to eat peanut butter for decades. She said had to smell it every AM, first thing!!

8/24/2012 7:10:09 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
41, joined Feb. 2012

lol im that way with pimento lol lol yeah high school seems to always cheat in the food dept. We had a sonic across the street!

8/24/2012 9:58:55 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (3,015)
Belleville, IL
62, joined Jun. 2007

Found this online.
Go to grouprecipes.com/5555/friedcakes.
Something like that, you will find it.
Don't forget the nutmeg, that is unizue to the formula.
Otherwise, type in "fry cakes" on Google or Bing, you will get your answer.
Hope that helps.

8/24/2012 12:17:09 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

I will look. But I have goggled fry cakes til I am blue and all I end up with is raised or cake donuts. Batter ones all use a donut maker and they suck. It may be the 1 receipe I had found..grandmas clarks. Will let you know. Thanks.

8/27/2012 3:40:01 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

Had a hard time to get into the website but finally found it. Not even close. That is just some fried dough thing, not fry cake donuts. Back to your mom's?

8/28/2012 9:33:04 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

reenie4
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,741)
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

Sounds similar to the Italian Zeppoli fried cakes, Also called "St. Joseph Day cakes," used in part of the St. Joseph Day celebration on March 19th. Haven't had them in years! Yummmies!

8/29/2012 9:51:25 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

saruman256
Over 2,000 Posts (3,015)
Belleville, IL
62, joined Jun. 2007

Got it today, nope, it's a doughnut recipe.
Sorry.

8/29/2012 12:08:51 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

Thanks anyway. I got frustrated and went through ALL my antique cookbooks. I found a fried cake one but it lists ingrediants and didnt mention how much FLOUR. I also found a book that has drop donuts. There are newspaper cutouts in it dated 1942. If anyone wants them I will print them here on a day when I have some time!

8/31/2012 9:57:11 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
ok1954
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,698)
Okmulgee, OK
63, joined Sep. 2008

A few years back I worked in a restaurant and we had fry bread on the menu.

Secret receipe, but it was flour mix from a donut shop, we mix with water, rolled it out, used a round cutter on it, and deep fried it.

In Oklahoma we have a lot of Indian Fry Bread, but the owner had owned a donut shop so he made his own receipe. It was a yeast donut, not cake.

Good Luck

9/6/2012 3:11:10 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

I believe your talking about something similar to what a donut shop would call a "jelly stick".
I've been out of the business for a very long time, but I was a baker for mr donut. In my younger years.
A jelly stick was essentially an untwisted cruller.
To make one, or something similar to what you're describing. All you'd really have to do, is thicken a cake batter into a dough. Cut out round pieces with a cutter, or even a glass.
U can deep fry them, or bake them, let them cool a bit. Then fill them with the jelly or custard of your choosing, using a pastry bag.

9/13/2012 11:33:55 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

I remembered something and found it at St. Vinnys. It is called a Donut Master. It came in its old box and the recipes are on it!! Here it is....2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsps melted shortening, 1/2 tsp salt, 3 cups flour, 2 tsps baking poweder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1 cup milk. Beat eggs and sugar together. add cooled shortening. Add sifted dry alternately with milk. Mis thoroughly and put into donut master. French fry at 375. What the master is is a tube with a drop bottom that drops the batter into the grease in a circle. The other way was by spoonfuls and dribble into circles or lumps. There are recipes that use sour cream and buttermilk also. It is tempting to try the cake batter mix...cheat???

9/21/2012 5:40:12 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
cheridth
Over 2,000 Posts (3,486)
Monahans, TX
41, joined Feb. 2012

thank you for the recipe. I wud like to have the ones from 1942 when u have time.

9/28/2012 12:54:36 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

DROP DONUTS...beat 3 eggs til light, gradually add 1 cup sugar, then 1 cup boiled and cooled milk, 1 tsp vanilla and fold in 3 cups flour, 2 heaping tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt. Drop by spoonsful into hot fat and fry til brown. Sift powerdered sugar over them.

9/29/2012 10:43:25 AM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

reenie4
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from cheridth:
thank you for the recipe. I wud like to have the ones from 1942 when u have time.

If you have time... you can try this vintage Berlin Doughnuts receipe:
1 cake or 1 pkg yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
3/4 cup milk, scaled and cooled to lukewarm
4 cups sifted flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tea of salt
1/2 tea nutmeg or mace
1/2 cup soft butter
2 eggs
2lbs lard for frying
1/2 cup tart marmalade
1 egg white
confectioner's sugar frosting

Soften yeast in lukewarm water, add milk and 1 1/2 cups flour, mix well. Cover and allow to rise in warm place until doubled in bulk,(about 2 hours) Add sugar, salt, spice and butter, mix well, add well beaten eggs and mix. Add remaining flour gradually and knead until smooth and satiny. Place in a lightly greased bowl, grease surface of dough lightly, cover and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, (about 1 1/2 hours) Turn out on lightly floured board, punch down, cover with cloth and allow to rest for 10 min. Pat or roll to 1/4 in thickness and cut with a 2 1/2 in. floured cookie cutter. Put about 1 tea marmalade on center rounds, brush edges with slightly beaten egg white, cover remaining rounds and press edges together. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk (about 45 min) Heat lard to 360, fry rounds in oil about 2 min. turn as soon as they come to the top of the fat, turn them freq until they are brown as desired. Drain on paper towel.... spread with confectioners sugar frosting............. whewwwwwwwwwwwww Pretty much an all day affair!

9/29/2012 12:36:06 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

Waaaaaaaaaaaay to much work! I dont care much for regular donuts. French are ok tho.

10/2/2012 9:36:58 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

reenie4
Milwaukee, WI
60, joined Dec. 2007

Quote from orz:
Waaaaaaaaaaaay to much work! I dont care much for regular donuts. French are ok tho.

For sure, but I am facinated with the effort years ago to create tasty treats and other delicacies without using modern equipment in the kitchen we all have today. I really appreciate Grandma's baking. The heritage of ourselves and the receipies lost, in my opinion is such a shame. Because in those days, cooking was indeed an art form... a pinch of this or that. A food creation in the most purest form and unfortunately most cooks will confess... Damn! wish I had Granny's receipe! It was never documented, unless you were lucky enough to ask, please, Granny write it down for me! Yes, Granny, I know a "pinch" is a guess Thank you Nanna! Dear Gawwd... I have documents on how Gran made her own spices... Truly an art form!

10/12/2012 12:25:45 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  

orz
Portage, WI
67, joined Jul. 2010

Here is the receipe from 1910 for fry cakes. 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups sour milk, 1 1/2 tsps lard, 2tsps soda. Now>>>>>>>> there is no listing for the flour. It appears with a few other ones. The first is a poem which also doesnt list how much flour. The one for raised says a cup of yeast and flour to make a stiff batter. The one for snow balls says enough flour to roll into balls.One says flour to roll a half inch thick. So it would appear that if ma didnt teach you how much flour to use on each one, you would be screwed! I have several antique books and it is a riot to read the receipes. You need a dictionary to explain a glop, a glomp, a pinch, a dash, a shake, a handfull and all the other experienced cooks measurements. Amazingly despite each woman varing the amounts, the receipes always worked.

10/15/2012 6:01:35 PM Does anyone have a fry cake receipe?  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
49, joined Feb. 2009

Gotta have a nice, cold, glass of milk with any kind of cake.