Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

where to find casual hookup

With regard to your final question, that is anything you would need to have to present to your rebbeim. asian dating austin texas I met this lass one particular time, took me two days to get the smell off my fingers 😆…####ing rank…. Share your experiences and inquiries right here. hookup plentyoffish This indicates that the web site is geared towards spontaneous hookups, but it is also appropriate for these that do not like to commit a lot of time browsing around.

alligator listcrawler

Asking the right queries on your initially date can assistance you work out the sort of future you ll have with this certain particular person. aurora dating site This ‘illuminati Tinder app Raya is the spot to go if you are after a bedfellow with money and fame. SilverSingles has been about for 17 years and is a single of the oldest dating apps for folks over 50. omegle kinky In fact, there are a lot of men and women who have met their partners by employing the apps or at the really least, formed some friendships from the entire practical experience.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

I don't talk about the Red Cross because I don't know anything about the way it is run...but the SA is another ball game.

11/18/2013 8:17:34 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Our ever shrinking planet has frequent reports of disasters. Who, if anyone, do you trust with a donation to help those in need?

I am hoping not to sound like a commercial or another political tirade. But, I do not trust the United Nations. I DO, however, donate to Red Cross and The Assemblies of God supported group called "CONVOY OF HOPE."

Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/18/2013 8:24:45 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

stargazzer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,114)
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

The American red cross is some what worthy, but the International Red cross not at all.
Most keep 70 to 90% and some keep it all. You need to realy check them out!!

11/18/2013 8:42:43 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sharsea
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (31,834)
Gulfport, MS
71, joined Dec. 2008

I do not give to any that have high admin salary and bonuses....like for instance AARP. They are a JOKE!
Locally I give to the St. Vincent de Paul...no over head cost. I do believe long standing churches are doing a big service to make certain all donations go
to those in need.
The Salvation Army is also doing a great job here on the coast.

Feed My Sheep....donations of canned foods to offer hot meals daily to the needy. Volunteers deliver to disabled people also.

11/18/2013 8:44:47 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

igayle
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,848)
Marshfield, MO
77, joined Jun. 2010

Charity starts at home...........

11/18/2013 8:53:24 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sharsea
Gulfport, MS
71, joined Dec. 2008

Right Gayle......and how I wish I could claim that on my Federal Taxes. God only knows the needy in families....!

11/18/2013 9:35:13 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sweetate2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,241)
Albion, IN
66, joined Jul. 2013

I give to Salvation Army, local charities that I know send their money to the right places. As someone said churches as well

11/18/2013 1:36:16 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

orz
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,502)
Portage, WI
66, joined Jul. 2010

I give local only to Vinny's. Even Goodwill is bad now since the Japs bought them. I wont' give to anyone who spends big bucks on fundraisers and advertising. I even got ticked at NPR. I gave to them and got hounded for more. So the small amount I gave went to pay for envelopes, inserts and postage. ARGH!!! Mom once volunteered for 26 organizations. Til she found out the board member were all paid. WELL! And she asked how much went to the recipients. And was told 1 %. As memberships came up, she quit them all. I have sent to an indian rez where I know they are in bad shape. Granddad, mom said, loathed the Red Cross. In WW2 they charged the soldiers for donuts and coffee!! Bottom line...if you knock on my door, I may give. You put big buck ads on tv..go jump!

11/19/2013 6:35:34 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
bub049
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,297)
Minneapolis, MN
69, joined Oct. 2010

I used to give to the Red Cross until I started reading up on charities. I give to the Salvation Army as they use a very high percentage of their money for relief. Susan Kommen Breast Cancer is another boondoggle. The president takes a salary of over $600,000! And she is Susan Kommen's sister. Goodwill is a place that used to be good, but is now a for profit outfit that pays the top guy a lot and the workers very little. I also give to the Scouts, and disabled vets.

11/19/2013 6:43:58 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
77, joined Apr. 2008

Since two family members died with cancer , I give to the Cancer society!

..........................................................................................

11/19/2013 7:58:51 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,819)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

I give directly to the person I see in need...it's not always money but clothing, food and other items.

No way I will evr give to The Salvation Army or a church.

11/19/2013 11:37:49 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

orz
Portage, WI
66, joined Jul. 2010

I think cancer is the best cash cow ever invented. All the donations for decades and how much gain? Who got the brainstorm that if a working doc can invent..what would Salk or Pasteur do if they were paid to just do research. So now docs sit in labs, get paid 200k a year salary and find just enough to keep their grants coming and a lifetime job. I know the research doc in the UW hubby saw was an egotistical ass. He traveled the world speechifying. And we canceled after the 3 appointment. He let everyone sit for hours for their appointment. Once the nurse was overheard..oh he just got in..overslept. Another time I overheard him ask where the women in the wheelchair was..oh she went into the nursing home. Oh..well..we lost that one. Like his lab rat died. The doc who will make a break though will be a working doc with love in his heart. Charities are started by someone in pain...and soon taken over by greedy jerks who see a cash cow. I give to someone I know. And see that it gets to them..not through the hoops so they end up with a nickel. OR someone decides they dont really need it.

11/19/2013 11:50:21 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
gentlebear1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,654)
Apple Creek, OH
66, joined Jul. 2008

I give to the "Help the Bear" fund.....

11/19/2013 11:54:17 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

stargazzer
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

Does the Bear fund keep sending you letters for more help?

11/19/2013 12:31:50 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

morles
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (32,396)
San Antonio, TX
72, joined Nov. 2007

Quote from orz:
I think cancer is the best cash cow ever invented. All the donations for decades and how much gain? Who got the brainstorm that if a working doc can invent..what would Salk or Pasteur do if they were paid to just do research. So now docs sit in labs, get paid 200k a year salary and find just enough to keep their grants coming and a lifetime job. I know the research doc in the UW hubby saw was an egotistical ass. He traveled the world speechifying. And we canceled after the 3 appointment. He let everyone sit for hours for their appointment. Once the nurse was overheard..oh he just got in..overslept. Another time I overheard him ask where the women in the wheelchair was..oh she went into the nursing home. Oh..well..we lost that one. Like his lab rat died. The doc who will make a break though will be a working doc with love in his heart. Charities are started by someone in pain...and soon taken over by greedy jerks who see a cash cow. I give to someone I know. And see that it gets to them..not through the hoops so they end up with a nickel. OR someone decides they dont really need it.

Maybe your Obamacare will take care of this little discontentment.....

11/19/2013 12:34:29 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
gentlebear1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (28,654)
Apple Creek, OH
66, joined Jul. 2008

Quote from stargazzer:
Does the Bear fund keep sending you letters for more help?

Constantly.........No matter how much I contribute it's never enough............

11/19/2013 1:47:26 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,985)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

an old man who was a world II combat vet, that the red cross charged them for cigarettes, no money no smoke.

and a friend owns agasoline station, and salvation army bell ringers, come in there, and get 20 or 30 dollars in gas and pay in aquarters, wonder where the crook bell ringers got all the quarters, besides the salvation army does not help people in rual areas in wv. but collect money from them. I wouldnt give them shit.

11/19/2013 2:35:10 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
hamaker
Over 1,000 Posts (1,633)
Winchester, OR
72, joined Nov. 2009

I've heard simular stories about the Red Cross. Sad !

11/19/2013 3:33:14 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
bub049
Minneapolis, MN
69, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from hamaker:
I've heard simular stories about the Red Cross. Sad !

I watched the Red Cross and Salvation Army come into a weather disaster site. The Salvation Army set up their truck and as soon as they were set up, started handing out water and food. Meanwhile, the Red Cross was setting up also. But, they were setting up a press conference to "keep the public informed about their work at the site". What is more important? Action or bullcrap?

11/19/2013 6:01:03 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bub049:
I watched the Red Cross and Salvation Army come into a weather disaster site. The Salvation Army set up their truck and as soon as they were set up, started handing out water and food. Meanwhile, the Red Cross was setting up also. But, they were setting up a press conference to "keep the public informed about their work at the site". What is more important? Action or bullcrap?

The SA does as you said...but it makes sure the a"notice" wht they are doing. Now, the SA doesn't do piff during regular times.

11/20/2013 12:45:03 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
bub049
Minneapolis, MN
69, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from duchessa:
The SA does as you said...but it makes sure the a"notice" wht they are doing. Now, the SA doesn't do piff during regular times.

Maybe not in New York. They feed and shelter hundreds of homeless here both in Minneapolis and St Paul. Day after day without crowing about what they are doing. I've witnessed it. My Boy Scouts have gone down to the shelters and volunteered. S.A. does a lot of good here.

11/20/2013 1:26:15 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from duchessa:

It has been my experience that the Salvation Army does a lot of good in a lot of places. They run a Homeless Shelter and a resale shop here in my community. They supplement transportation and have a lunch program for school age children during the summer months. Never once have I heard them crowing about their contributions.

11/20/2013 6:35:56 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from bub049:
Maybe not in New York. They feed and shelter hundreds of homeless here both in Minneapolis and St Paul. Day after day without crowing about what they are doing. I've witnessed it. My Boy Scouts have gone down to the shelters and volunteered. S.A. does a lot of good here.

The SA is nationwide organization (run by the one in England) and although they tell you they aren't or profit... yes, they are for profit. The SA does charity when, and only when, is known said charity would bring good reports and a lot of donations. Go and ask people in PA and NJ...they will tell you the same
I used to volunteer for the SA....and no, don't attack NY to defend the SA...

11/20/2013 6:41:12 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from toeinthewater11:
It has been my experience that the Salvation Army does a lot of good in a lot of places. They run a Homeless Shelter and a resale shop here in my community. They supplement transportation and have a lunch program for school age children during the summer months. Never once have I heard them crowing about their contributions.

The resale shops are gold mines for the SA....there are four within 30' distance from my area...If I was you I would check if all those programs you mention are really run by the SA or, simply, their sign on the wall is larger than the other institution's.
The "homeless shelters" are really places for the men in the AA programs to live; said men work for minimum wages for the SA AND PAY RENT to the SA...
The Federal government have investigated this organization.

11/20/2013 7:26:45 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
bub049
Minneapolis, MN
69, joined Oct. 2010

Quote from duchessa:
The SA is nationwide organization (run by the one in England) and although they tell you they aren't or profit... yes, they are for profit. The SA does charity when, and only when, is known said charity would bring good reports and a lot of donations. Go and ask people in PA and NJ...they will tell you the same
I used to volunteer for the SA....and no, don't attack NY to defend the SA...

well, I say back to you, go ask the people in Tracy, Minnesota or Missouri. So, compare charities. What percentage of donations to the Red Cross goes to charitable programs and the same for the SA? You may feel negatively about the SA. That is your right and I support your right to your opinion. The Red Cross does just the same as what you say the SA does. They are right there when their work brings in more donations.

And no, don't attack Minnesota or Missouri to attack the SA.....

11/20/2013 9:56:40 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
The resale shops are gold mines for the SA....there are four within 30' distance from my area...If I was you I would check if all those programs you mention are really run by the SA or, simply, their sign on the wall is larger than the other institution's.
The "homeless shelters" are really places for the men in the AA programs to live; said men work for minimum wages for the SA AND PAY RENT to the SA...
The Federal government have investigated this organization.

I am not sure what you are trying to say

The resale shops make money for SA? Wonderful

The homeless shelters are really places for men/women in the AA programs and they WORK to pay their rent? Wonderful

The Feds have investigated SA/shelters/programs? Wonderful

The programs in my community feed people, house people, employ people, provide low cost or free transportation for medical appointments/school/work, etc for needy/elderly people. I say BULLY FOR THE SALVATION ARMY.

Are there unscrupulous people in all walks of life? Of course. Do I let them dictate my actions? NO. Do I try to keep an eye on them? You bet your disco boots I do.

11/20/2013 11:51:02 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sweetate2
Albion, IN
66, joined Jul. 2013

The homeless shelters are really places for men/women in the AA programs and they WORK to pay their rent? Wonderful

The programs in my community feed people, house people, employ people, provide low cost or free transportation for medical appointments/school/work, etc for needy/elderly people. I say BULLY FOR THE SALVATION ARMY.

Are there unscrupulous people in all walks of life? Of course. Do I let them dictate my actions? NO. Do I try to keep an eye on them? You bet your disco boots I do.

11/20/2013 12:23:24 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

orz
Portage, WI
66, joined Jul. 2010

The other one I question is Habitat for Humanity. I just went past a home that was built maybe 15 years ago in town. It is getting ramshackle and junked up. I wonder if the family still owns it. They have started re-sale salvage stores around the country. Habit Re-stores. And they take donated building supplies, salvage of houses...which is great. But, they charge half or more of what new costs. And some of the stuff is crappy. So...what if some poor person needs a window. And they have to pay more than they can afford for crap.They run on volunteer and those who get homes are too work on them and others too. But, what is really the long end run result of what they do? I see the big problem is that everyone and their cousin starts a charity for some cause. So there is only so much cash to go to donations. So it gets so diluted that it doesnt accomplish diddly and people get burned out. I get calls...give to the cops aid and get country concert tickets. Or to the firemen. And the fire chief in town said if your want to go to the concert fine. But, dont count on any of the cash staying local to help. So I tell them I will donate to MY cops or firemen directly and know it gets to them.

11/20/2013 1:18:06 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sharsea
Gulfport, MS
71, joined Dec. 2008

My hats off to S A.... They also have cots for the homeless people that come south for the winter in hopes of finding jobs. Others are homeless vets.
THE S A here takes wish list from familes that have little kids for Christmas and try to fill it with several of the items requested.
The Santa's on bikes are made up by a group of business men that start their Christmas Day making deliveries to needy families in motor cycles. Mayors, lawyers, pastors, citizens in our county take turns ringing the bells for the red bucket.
WE have a great net work of helpers and I hear all phrase for SA locally.

11/20/2013 1:22:51 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sharsea
Gulfport, MS
71, joined Dec. 2008

On the post above.....it got mingled in with yours toeinthewater....please note the last paragraph belongs to toeinthe water...I tried to edit but it would not let me in the quoted box. Sorry!

11/20/2013 1:24:42 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

luckylouie42
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,985)
Cedar Grove, WV
74, joined Mar. 2008

do you all really think Jerry Lewis worked for free with his march of dimes telethons. ?

11/20/2013 1:30:23 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (42,595)
Goldsboro, NC
77, joined Apr. 2008

A Few yrs ago , when I was in Arizona as I had been taking care of my mother-- she passed... My son in the navy ( at sea) borrowed from Red Cross to get to shore for her funeral..And was told pay it all - yes ALL back from next pay check.. He wasnt making much at that time but we all think they could have given him some time-or split up payments back to them..But they were adamant!!.......... Consequently family members helped with the payback.. His opinion (It stinks)

11/20/2013 1:55:45 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

igayle
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (24,848)
Marshfield, MO
77, joined Jun. 2010

Every organization has it's pros and cons. I was an active member of the Red Cross for several years and yes they do pay their members way to go to disaster zones but much is done for free. They do have active training seminars for their members to keep abreast of new things.

The Salvation Army does a great many good deeds. I work for them during a Christmas season in their administration department. It was a paid position. I was amazed at how many people called them trying to get money and other assistance from them for their own agenda. They were downright thieves!

11/20/2013 1:59:32 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

bub049

And no, don't attack Minnesota or Missouri to attack the SA.....
11/20/2013 2:02:47 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

What I said..and very clearly...is that the SA is a "for profit" organization...Again, are you sure those programs you mentioned are finance and not only run by the SA?

11/20/2013 2:30:56 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Beating a dead horse will not get it to move.

11/20/2013 4:17:31 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Beating a dead horse will not get it to move.

Then, stop defending the non-defensible

11/20/2013 10:04:35 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
Then, stop defending the non-defensible

11/21/2013 6:27:32 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

And I can laugh in three languages.

11/21/2013 8:49:10 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
And I can laugh in three languages.

YOU WIN.

11/21/2013 12:05:22 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

orz
Portage, WI
66, joined Jul. 2010

Another thing that colored my feeling toward the Red Cross was a book I read long ago. She had a son who was a hemophiliac. He needed blood tons. So at first the Red Cross asked her to find donors to replace what he used up. She hit up relatives and friends. And as time went on, had to hit them again and again and then scavenge anyon she vaguely knew. She said the RC hounded her and were rude and mean. WE DEMAND blood thing. And she started to investigate and found out that tons of blood went down the drain when it outdated. Even tho it could be centrifuged into plasma that keeps and other components. So I wonder when they constantly want blood, if they do the most to preserve and utilize what they get or just dump it still.

11/21/2013 12:32:15 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

YOU WIN.

No, dear...you lose.

11/21/2013 8:48:37 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

toeinthewater11
Over 2,000 Posts (2,677)
Campbell, MO
67, joined Aug. 2011

Quote from duchessa:
No, dear...you lose.

11/21/2013 9:58:22 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

driver406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (49,666)
Saint Paul, MN
64, joined Oct. 2009

Red Cross, Catholic Charities. We need to help the folks in the Philippines and the usher at church still has family there.

11/22/2013 5:19:10 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

stargazzer
Creighton, NE
68, joined Feb. 2007

Just saw this on my start page, Kim Kardashian held a charible ebay auction to help people in the Phillipns she is keeping 90% of the proceeds.
This is tyipical of most, and so wrong.

11/23/2013 8:45:45 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Taking over a new habit?

11/26/2013 8:19:11 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
reneejontue
Aubrey, TX
41, joined Nov. 2013

Seems that as we get older, we tend to be less trusting. We have seen, heard, read so many bad things, we have lost our ability to trust as well as we did when we were younger. But, at sometime, you will need to try to trust, you can research, then decide if you want to give. Just don't give up on the goodness of people altogether. We must all try to help each other whenever we can. JMO

12/2/2013 11:43:42 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  

msshirleym
Elkhorn, WI
72, joined Nov. 2013

My son had a fire at his home on Thanksgiving evening, house total loss, were renting, no renters insurance. Is a fundraiser helping them called www.fundrazr.com. The funds raised go directly to person or family in need. Two other good ones in southeast WI are Love, Inc., Burlington and Circle of Friends in Elkhorn. Goodwill has become almost a joke, have an incinerator in back of their store, and if have too many things, like clothes, they just burn stuff up. How totally pathetic!!!

12/6/2013 7:35:03 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sankie1
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,602)
Irvine, KY
68, joined Dec. 2011

I give to the Salvation Army. They have a local food kitchen and abuse shelter and nearly always on a disaster scene. I DO NOT GIVE TO GOODWILL. Their only promise is that "they create jobs" and then when you look around there are perhaps three people working with at least one of them from the county detention center working off their jail time.

I asked Goodwill one day if someone were to have a house fire and needed things could they come to the store. The answer was NO, they didn't help in that manner, that everything they had was sold and since it was cheap it shouldn't be a problem for someone to purchase the things needed. The cashier then suggested that I ask about the Salvation Army program. Goodwill is making a killing on the things we donate and people think they assist the needy, but in this area it isn't so. When I donate household items, etc. it now goes to SALVATION ARMY.

12/6/2013 10:02:38 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
sweetate2
Albion, IN
66, joined Jul. 2013

The Salvation Army bells are ringing .....I gave yesterday They help everyone so much.
I give only to them...

12/6/2013 10:50:19 AM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (201,519)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

The Red Cross

12/24/2013 12:55:38 PM Disaster Relief, who do you trust?  
cupocheer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (201,519)
Assumption, IL
67, joined May. 2010

Red Cross