Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skip the games

From virtual dating across the globe to struggling via lockdowns with loved ones, here are their stories. dating in nederland They have been going on virtual dates and functioning their way via the New York Times 36 Queries That Lead to Love. She was upset but understood — or so I believed. nerd night speed dating Seeking over my profile, I recognized the girl it described, and this time, I liked her.

free local hookups

Some have been people that I d met through the broader entrepreneurial communities I m a component of, like South Park Commons, she says. dating in boulder She hasn t created a single penny from the internet site however, she s just passionate about singles having a positive dating practical experience. Before a predator brings you to your knees, figure out who you are. tinder fort lauderdale I felt I was receiving attached and I can NOT let this to take place again no matter what.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/15/2016 3:38:42 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,154)
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

MLB network is starting their coverage of spring training today!
Tell me about your team. What did they do during the off season that you love/hate!
Please no fantasy stuff here. Also lets stay civil! I want this to be a fun thread for all! Just like the game itself, you get 3 strikes. After that , you get sent to the minors! So bring your A game to this thread.
Good luck to your team. Yes even to both Cubs and Cardinal fans!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/15/2016 4:25:44 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,314)
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from sillylaugher61:
MLB network is starting their coverage of spring training today!
Tell me about your team. What did they do during the off season that you love/hate!
Please no fantasy stuff here. Also lets stay civil! I want this to be a fun thread for all! Just like the game itself, you get 3 strikes. After that , you get sent to the minors! So bring your A game to this thread.
Good luck to your team. Yes even to both Cubs and Cardinal fans!

Silly, I predict this thread will have many hits before the 2016 World Series is over.

What did my team do during the off season known as the Cardinals? FEAR THE CUBS because they are loaded from top to bottom with one of the best MLB managers in all of baseball to go along with them!

Top 12 Teams Pre-Season To Win The 2016 World Series:

Chicago Cubs 7 to 1
Boston Red Sox 8 to 1
San Francisco Giants 10 to 1
Houston Astros 11 to 1
New York Mets 14 to 1
Texas Rangers 15 to 1
Washington Nationals 15 to 1
Los Angeles Dodgers 16 to 1
New York Yankees 16 to 1
Pittsburgh Pirates 18 to 1
St. Louis Cardinals 18 to 1
Toronto Blue Jays 18 to 1

The regular season is way too long but Cubs and Red Sox fans have a lot to be excited about before the regular season begins.

2/15/2016 5:03:12 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Tommy, our division should be a fight from game 1 to 162. To all Reds and Brewers fans
remember my team posted 20 straight losing seasons. Pirate fans still have nightmares !

2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,882)
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from tommy8345:
Silly, I predict this thread will have many hits before the 2016 World Series is over.

What did my team do during the off season known as the Cardinals? FEAR THE CUBS because they are loaded from top to bottom with one of the best MLB managers in all of baseball to go along with them!

Top 12 Teams Pre-Season To Win The 2016 World Series:

Chicago Cubs 7 to 1
Boston Red Sox 8 to 1
San Francisco Giants 10 to 1
Houston Astros 11 to 1
New York Mets 14 to 1
Texas Rangers 15 to 1
Washington Nationals 15 to 1
Los Angeles Dodgers 16 to 1
New York Yankees 16 to 1
Pittsburgh Pirates 18 to 1
St. Louis Cardinals 18 to 1
Toronto Blue Jays 18 to 1

The regular season is way too long but Cubs and Red Sox fans have a lot to be excited about before the regular season begins.

Even with taking into account last post season play, I'm surprised the Cardinals and the Pirates aren't higher than the other NL teams listed since the NL Central had the top 3 records in the NL.

[Edited 2/15/2016 6:45:31 PM ]

2/15/2016 6:44:01 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

wineandroses2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,559)
Middleport, OH
60, joined Oct. 2013

Cincinnati Reds.

2/15/2016 6:56:26 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (41,739)
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

?
MLB 2016 Win Totals Over-Under:

No Love for the Astros, Don't Trust the Yankees

? ?
?
Atlantis Race and Sports Book released win totals for MLB’s 2016 season yesterday. They envision an American League full of parity and a National League with some bad, bad teams. Here’s a look at the totals as well as some gut reaction.

Let me state up front that so much of this is gut feeling that doing a deep dive into statistics seemed a bit silly. Anyone who has ever placed a bet on a 162-game marathon knows staying healthy is of paramount performance and tough to predict.

American League East

Baltimore Orioles 80.5
Boston Red Sox 85.5
New York Yankees 85
Tampa Bay Rays 78
Toronto Blue Jays 87
Overvalued: Tampa Bay Rays. There are four teams capable of winning this division. There is one that is not. Chris Archer is a force to be reckoned with but the Rays struggled to score runs last year (3.98 a game) and will look to Brad Miller and Logan Morrison to add pop. That and a reliance on Evan Longoria returning to form doesn’t instill much confidence. Playing in a division with three bandbox ballparks won’t help either.

Undervalued: Baltimore Orioles. Securing Yovani Gallardo to serve as an ace of a mediocre staff would be key. Should continue tradition of blasting home runs. Have more confidence they can slug with the big boys within the division. Manager Buck Showalter was fantastic in one-run games in 2012 and 2014. A similar even-year formula worked for the San Francisco Giants recently.

Don’t Touch: New York Yankees. Starlin Castro and Luis Severino help bring the Yankees’ average age down a bit but this team is old. There are safer bets than trusting a bunch of 35-plus former superstars to stay healthy for six months.

?
American League Central

Chicago White Sox 80.5
Cleveland Indians 84
Detroit Tigers 85
Kansas City Royals 87
Minnesota Twins 77.5
Overvalued: Cleveland Indians. Starting rotation capable of dominating and racking up astronomical strikeout figures. Do not trust Rajai Davis. Do not trust Mike Napoli for a full season. Do not trust Abraham Almonte. Too many offensive holes.

Undervalued: Minnesota Twins. Expecting a breakout year from Byron Buxton and an even bigger one from Miguel Sano.

Don’t Touch: Detroit Tigers. Always look good on paper. Will be trying out a starting lineup with eight righthanders and one switch-hitter. Justin Verlander, Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez all need to increase their production from last year. The bright spot is a more trustworthy bullpen. Could see a 75-win campaign just as easily as a 95-win one.

American League West

Houston Astros 85.5
Los Angeles Angels 82.5
Oakland Athletics 75.5
Seattle Mariners 83
Texas Rangers 86
Overvalued: Seattle Mariners. Had the lowest ERA in 2014 and finished 12th in the American League in the same category last year. The number suggests a 7-win jump from 2015. Felix Hernandez is great and all but there are three teams I like more in this division, meaning wins could be hard to come by.

Undervalued: Houston Astros. Vegas seems to think last year was a flash in pan. This is a young, hungry team that picked up a huge veteran piece in Doug Fister.

Don’t Touch: Texas Rangers. Have nothing to say about the Rangers.

?
National League East

Atlanta Braves 65
Miami Marlins 80.5
New York Mets 88
Philadelphia Phillies 66.5
Washington Nationals 87
Overvalued: Miami Marlins. Teeming with potential and in possession of Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez. What’s not to like? Every fiber in my being suggesting the rebuilding projected is a long way from winning stage, for starters.

Undervalued: Atlanta Braves. Look, I don’t think the Braves will be particularly good this year. But I don’t think the Marlins or National League Central trio of contenders will be as dominant as predicted.

Don’t Touch: Washington Nationals. Bryce Harper may very well repeat as National League MVP. The loss of Jordan Zimmermann could be rougher than expected.

National League Central

Chicago Cubs 89
Cincinnati Reds 71
Milwaukee Brewers 71.5
Pittsburgh Pirates 87
St. Louis Cardinals 87.5
Overvalued: Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates window has closed. John Jaso is not the answer.

?
Undervalued: Milwaukee Brewers. If one or two young prospects step up, a 90-loss season could be avoided. Jonathan Lucroy is undervalued and Ryan Braun is protected now by Chris Carter. Stranger things have happened.

Don’t Touch: St. Louis Cardinals. Big public team. Lost Jason Heyward to Chicago but always find a way to reach the playoffs.

National League West

Arizona Diamondbacks 84.5
Colorado Rockies 68.5
Los Angeles Dodgers 87
San Diego Padres 74
San Francisco Giants 90
Overvalued: San Francisco Giants

Undervalued: … None

Don’t Touch: Any

… These all seem a bit wonky. Never fear, though, there’s plenty of other ways to lose your money.

Best Bets

Atlanta OVER

Miami UNDER

Cleveland UNDER

?

?
?

2/15/2016 8:30:45 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from sorpstar:
?
MLB 2016 Win Totals Over-Under:

No Love for the Astros, Don't Trust the Yankees

? ?
?
Atlantis Race and Sports Book released win totals for MLB’s 2016 season yesterday. They envision an American League full of parity and a National League with some bad, bad teams. Here’s a look at the totals as well as some gut reaction.

Let me state up front that so much of this is gut feeling that doing a deep dive into statistics seemed a bit silly. Anyone who has ever placed a bet on a 162-game marathon knows staying healthy is of paramount performance and tough to predict.

American League East

Baltimore Orioles 80.5
Boston Red Sox 85.5
New York Yankees 85
Tampa Bay Rays 78
Toronto Blue Jays 87
Overvalued: Tampa Bay Rays. There are four teams capable of winning this division. There is one that is not. Chris Archer is a force to be reckoned with but the Rays struggled to score runs last year (3.98 a game) and will look to Brad Miller and Logan Morrison to add pop. That and a reliance on Evan Longoria returning to form doesn’t instill much confidence. Playing in a division with three bandbox ballparks won’t help either.

Undervalued: Baltimore Orioles. Securing Yovani Gallardo to serve as an ace of a mediocre staff would be key. Should continue tradition of blasting home runs. Have more confidence they can slug with the big boys within the division. Manager Buck Showalter was fantastic in one-run games in 2012 and 2014. A similar even-year formula worked for the San Francisco Giants recently.

Don’t Touch: New York Yankees. Starlin Castro and Luis Severino help bring the Yankees’ average age down a bit but this team is old. There are safer bets than trusting a bunch of 35-plus former superstars to stay healthy for six months.

?
American League Central

Chicago White Sox 80.5
Cleveland Indians 84
Detroit Tigers 85
Kansas City Royals 87
Minnesota Twins 77.5
Overvalued: Cleveland Indians. Starting rotation capable of dominating and racking up astronomical strikeout figures. Do not trust Rajai Davis. Do not trust Mike Napoli for a full season. Do not trust Abraham Almonte. Too many offensive holes.

Undervalued: Minnesota Twins. Expecting a breakout year from Byron Buxton and an even bigger one from Miguel Sano.

Don’t Touch: Detroit Tigers. Always look good on paper. Will be trying out a starting lineup with eight righthanders and one switch-hitter. Justin Verlander, Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez all need to increase their production from last year. The bright spot is a more trustworthy bullpen. Could see a 75-win campaign just as easily as a 95-win one.

American League West

Houston Astros 85.5
Los Angeles Angels 82.5
Oakland Athletics 75.5
Seattle Mariners 83
Texas Rangers 86
Overvalued: Seattle Mariners. Had the lowest ERA in 2014 and finished 12th in the American League in the same category last year. The number suggests a 7-win jump from 2015. Felix Hernandez is great and all but there are three teams I like more in this division, meaning wins could be hard to come by.

Undervalued: Houston Astros. Vegas seems to think last year was a flash in pan. This is a young, hungry team that picked up a huge veteran piece in Doug Fister.

Don’t Touch: Texas Rangers. Have nothing to say about the Rangers.

?
National League East

Atlanta Braves 65
Miami Marlins 80.5
New York Mets 88
Philadelphia Phillies 66.5
Washington Nationals 87
Overvalued: Miami Marlins. Teeming with potential and in possession of Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Fernandez. What’s not to like? Every fiber in my being suggesting the rebuilding projected is a long way from winning stage, for starters.

Undervalued: Atlanta Braves. Look, I don’t think the Braves will be particularly good this year. But I don’t think the Marlins or National League Central trio of contenders will be as dominant as predicted.

Don’t Touch: Washington Nationals. Bryce Harper may very well repeat as National League MVP. The loss of Jordan Zimmermann could be rougher than expected.

National League Central

Chicago Cubs 89
Cincinnati Reds 71
Milwaukee Brewers 71.5
Pittsburgh Pirates 87
St. Louis Cardinals 87.5
Overvalued: Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates window has closed. John Jaso is not the answer.

?
Undervalued: Milwaukee Brewers. If one or two young prospects step up, a 90-loss season could be avoided. Jonathan Lucroy is undervalued and Ryan Braun is protected now by Chris Carter. Stranger things have happened.

Don’t Touch: St. Louis Cardinals. Big public team. Lost Jason Heyward to Chicago but always find a way to reach the playoffs.

National League West

Arizona Diamondbacks 84.5
Colorado Rockies 68.5
Los Angeles Dodgers 87
San Diego Padres 74
San Francisco Giants 90
Overvalued: San Francisco Giants

Undervalued: … None

Don’t Touch: Any

… These all seem a bit wonky. Never fear, though, there’s plenty of other ways to lose your money.

Best Bets

Atlanta OVER

Miami UNDER

Cleveland UNDER

?

?
?

Remember that in Miami, they are moving the fences in! Having Mattenely will help.

For the Pirates not having fat pedro alvarez should cut down the errors by almost
a third! Jaso just needs to make the routine plays and hit .250.

2/15/2016 11:25:51 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

@ SORP, Good information on what you posted. All of the sports books in Vegas are within a game up or down in total wins with what you posted. Futures betting can be rewarding but I never participate in it simply because it ties up betting bankroll for a long time before you win or lose.

@ JOSE, I don't think you will see the NL Central dominating MLB this year like they did last year because the Cubs are the clear cut favorites in the NL Central going into the season. I don't think the Cardinals or Pirates will be nearly as strong as they were last year.

2/15/2016 11:32:56 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Some people might wonder why the San Francisco Giants are ranked so high before the season begins. Maybe it's because they win the World Series in even years for the past several years and maybe it's because they have put together a great starting rotation of pitchers.

2/16/2016 1:45:20 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Not one team OVER 90?! Maybe all will go 81-81...

2/16/2016 8:57:28 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

I think that things are looking up for the Twins!
Seattle fans, lets here from you! same to fans of the Padres!

2/16/2016 9:42:28 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from tommy8345:
Some people might wonder why the San Francisco Giants are ranked so high before the season begins. Maybe it's because they win the World Series in even years for the past several years and maybe it's because they have put together a great starting rotation of pitchers.

How gracious of them to allow other teams to win on odd numbered years right Tommy? lol. Did the Royals get dismantled? What happened to them that keeps them out of that top 12 list?

2/16/2016 10:13:29 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Remember that in Miami, they are moving the fences in! Having Mattenely will help.

For the Pirates not having fat pedro alvarez should cut down the errors by almost
a third! Jaso just needs to make the routine plays and hit .250.

I did see Jung-Ho Kong at third base during spring training!
He suffered a awful season ending injury. I sure hope that he will be ready opening day.

2/16/2016 11:33:30 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from josecuervosilv:
How gracious of them to allow other teams to win on odd numbered years right Tommy? lol. Did the Royals get dismantled? What happened to them that keeps them out of that top 12 list?

Jose, How right you are about the Giants being so gracious during odd numbered years. Even when my Cardinals have been at their best the Giants have found a way to eliminate my redbirds during the playoffs in even numbered years.

Concerning the Royals, you raise a good question about why they are not getting more love and I don't know the answer. When I first saw the top 12 pre-season list this first thing I noticed was that the Royals were missing.

2/16/2016 4:58:23 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from tommy8345:
Jose, How right you are about the Giants being so gracious during odd numbered years. Even when my Cardinals have been at their best the Giants have found a way to eliminate my redbirds during the playoffs in even numbered years.

Concerning the Royals, you raise a good question about why they are not getting more love and I don't know the answer. When I first saw the top 12 pre-season list this first thing I noticed was that the Royals were missing.

Something pretty significant would have to happen for a team that made the World Series the last 2 years to be left out of the top 12 odds. Unbelieveable. Time to bet on them now! lol.

2/16/2016 7:55:41 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Something pretty significant would have to happen for a team that made the World Series the last 2 years to be left out of the top 12 odds. Unbelieveable. Time to bet on them now! lol.

Jose, All I can tell you is don't bet against Vegas because they ALWAYS know what they are doing. They don't light up the sky at night with glittering lights because they are losing money. I'm sure they have a WINNING reason not to include the Royals in the top 12.

2/17/2016 1:24:44 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

A question for all MLB fans:

Which MLB teams will lose 100 or more games in 2016?

It appears there might be several teams that fall into this category with a lot of good teams, a lot of bad teams, and few middle of the road teams.

I'll start with the Cincinnati Reds.

2/17/2016 3:01:56 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

I think even with big slaries parody makes more teams at .500...win one, lose one...sure there will be 6 teams in basement or teams dwelling at or off em...I rather see the bad teams lose 99 games but be spoilers in late September

2/17/2016 4:01:51 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from sorpstar:
I think even with big slaries parody makes more teams at .500...win one, lose one...sure there will be 6 teams in basement or teams dwelling at or off em...I rather see the bad teams lose 99 games but be spoilers in late September

Rebuilding teams have an advantage playing in smaller ballparks esp Cincinnati esp hitting and if you recall most ex Reds pitchers pitched well I'm a sandbox too...yanks have up good pitcher who could start or relieve for refs for Castro ...you win 45-50 games at home, you win 25-30 games on road, hard to lose 100 unless your 62 Mets or like that team..

2/17/2016 4:31:16 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

I am going to sat the Rockies will lose 100 games next season.
This is a awful place to play.
If the Phillies were in any other division, I would say that they would easily lose
100 games.

2/17/2016 5:48:43 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

I am going to sat the Rockies will lose 100 games next season.
This is a awful place to play.
If the Phillies were in any other division, I would say that they would easily lose
100 games.

Silly, You make a good point about the Phillies but since they play in such a weak division I will agree with you that they will not lose 100 or more games.

2/18/2016 10:04:26 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from tommy8345:

It appears there might be several teams that fall into this category with a lot of good teams, a lot of bad teams, and few middle of the road teams.

so far we have the Reds and Rockies. how about San Diego?

2/18/2016 11:54:25 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

Blue colar divisions hardly have a team lose 100 games...blue color is like AL east...and like I said there's more paridy then ever and always a surprise team or two...because of injuries and many games played someone can win, surprise, place or show..Fuhgeddabouit

2/18/2016 1:05:33 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from tommy8345:

The Yankees.

Hi Sorp.

2/18/2016 6:43:14 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

The Yankees.

Hi Sorp.

What's up Willis...Fuhgeddabouit with 5th best rated manager in majors no way Jose...

2/18/2016 8:22:02 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

driver406
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (54,347)
Saint Paul, MN
65, joined Oct. 2009
online now!

We think Sano can hit 40 and Buxton is the fastest player in the majors if he can learn to hit. Mauer again is the most overpaid player in baseball. (About 25 mill to hit 270) Starting pitching should be good and Perkins is recovered and a great closer. We signed a new starting catcher and I think we can win 90-95.

But can Buxton learn to hit and can Mauer again avoid anticipated bilateral toenail weakness that will sideline him for months?

2/18/2016 8:40:47 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Mauer? I think the bat speed is gone for good. Sano or Buxton? Who will have the more productive career?

2/19/2016 7:19:15 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
lowcountry23
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,295)
Saint Johns, FL
36, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from tommy8345:

Maybe it is just because I am such a big Reds fan Tommy but I do not think they lose 100..... 99 yeah maybe

2/19/2016 8:02:47 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from lowcountry23:
Maybe it is just because I am such a big Reds fan Tommy but I do not think they lose 100..... 99 yeah maybe

well post who you think will be in the Reds starting line up.

2/20/2016 9:22:09 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
36, joined Sep. 2011

^^^^ 1st Base Votto, 2nd Base Phillips, Shortstop Cozart, 3rd I guess De Jesus, Right Field Bruce, Center Hamilton, Right I guess Duvall, Catcher Mesoraco, Starting pitcher Baily, and closer Cingrani if Price keeps him in the pen.. If he moves Cingrani then Hoover..... Ok maybe they will lose 100

2/20/2016 4:19:27 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

suds59
Crown Point, IN
67, joined Jan. 2009

the white sox made some nice moves.will it be enough?

2/21/2016 8:28:13 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

wineandroses2
Middleport, OH
60, joined Oct. 2013

I hope Cincinnati does well this season. though.

2/21/2016 9:41:13 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from lowcountry23:
^^^^ 1st Base Votto, 2nd Base Phillips, Shortstop Cozart, 3rd I guess De Jesus, Right Field Bruce, Center Hamilton, Right I guess Duvall, Catcher Mesoraco, Starting pitcher Baily, and closer Cingrani if Price keeps him in the pen.. If he moves Cingrani then Hoover..... Ok maybe they will lose 100

Actually your infield is pretty decent. But your pitching was flat out awful!

2/21/2016 9:49:59 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
36, joined Sep. 2011

Actually your infield is pretty decent. But your pitching was flat out awful!

Yeah infield is still pretty solid Silly but I agree pitching is gonna be bad this season... Plus I am sure at some point during the season the Reds will trade Jay Bruce to someone competing for a playoff spot..

2/21/2016 10:00:35 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

wineandroses2
Middleport, OH
60, joined Oct. 2013

Geez low, Cincinnati will not have any good players left.

2/22/2016 7:47:15 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

I need to see even a scrimmage!! I need to see a game real bad!

2/23/2016 7:43:58 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

I need to see even a scrimmage!! I need to see a game real bad!

You fiend!

2/23/2016 8:38:31 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
36, joined Sep. 2011

Dunno if the deal will go through but looks like Cincy is trying to trade Bruce to Toronto.................

2/23/2016 1:09:39 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Jay Bruce .294 OBP last year...let him go...his best years are behind him...

2/23/2016 1:38:39 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

Deal is being held up one of the players failed physical..

2/24/2016 9:00:05 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
lowcountry23
Saint Johns, FL
36, joined Sep. 2011

Quote from enard:
Jay Bruce .294 OBP last year...let him go...his best years are behind him...

I would not say that E he can still help a team and still has has a rocket for a arm in right field.........

2/25/2016 9:47:37 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

So do we have any Giant fans here? I think they will win their divison easily.

2/25/2016 12:56:56 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

For all of you futures bettors you can get even money on Vegas predicted division winners on or against which are:

NL East - New York Mets
NL Central - Chicago Cubs
NL West - Los Angeles Dodgers
AL East - Boston Red Sox
AL Central - Kansas City Royals
AL West - Houston Astros

I agree with all of these except the NL West where I think the San Francisco Giants will win that division but I don't make futures bets because it ties up betting bankroll for too long.

Your thoughts?

2/25/2016 6:42:43 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

...but, but what about the wild cards?

2/25/2016 7:07:42 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

You heard it here...yanks lead or game is close into 6th inning I'll take our chances...wildcards can win and so can hottest team entering playoffs...I hear Gardner has injury..,like to see Aaron Judge get a chance or by next season...Fuhgeddabouit

2/25/2016 7:12:13 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Today MLB announced new rules for sliding into 2nd base. The runner must run towards the bag. Plus the runner can't slide past the bag in a attempt to take out the 2nd baseman.
The slide that took out the Mets 2nd baseman in the playoffs is now illegal.
The umpire can call both the runner and hitter out for interference.

2/25/2016 7:21:07 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

^^^^^ what happens if runner and fielder reach 2nd base at same time ...then what...this will happen perhaps once or a few times...what is ruling

2/25/2016 7:45:36 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Hmmm...will there be more triple plays?

2/25/2016 8:01:45 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

Quote from enard:
Hmmm...will there be more triple plays?

Sure cather throws to 2Nd..interference then throws home to get runner going home from 3rd...triple play

2/25/2016 9:05:01 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

Quote from sorpstar:
^^^^^ what happens if runner and fielder reach 2nd base at same time ...then what...this will happen perhaps once or a few times...what is ruling

Place a call into MLB network tomorrow morning and ask that question.

2/25/2016 11:01:28 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

Place a call into MLB network tomorrow morning and ask that question.

When I umpires HS baseball runner always had to slide going into 2nd base or be called out if no slide on bang bang plays...they should use that rule on any close play at 2nd...runner must slide

[Edited 2/25/2016 11:02:53 PM ]

2/25/2016 11:53:36 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from enard:
...but, but what about the wild cards?

Enard, Vegas does not put out futures bets on wild card teams.

2/26/2016 12:00:55 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from sorpstar:
You heard it here...yanks lead or game is close into 6th inning I'll take our chances...wildcards can win and so can hottest team entering playoffs...I hear Gardner has injury..,like to see Aaron Judge get a chance or by next season...Fuhgeddabouit

Sorp my friend, you know the Yankees are my favorite AL team but your recording is getting old about the Yankees leading after six innings. The last time I checked they've got to play a full 8 1/2 or 9 innings before the game goes final, right?

Yankees are picked to finish 3rd in the AL East by Vegas and they don't miss often.

YES, I will be pulling for the Yankees in the AL but I also live in the real world.

2/26/2016 12:40:32 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
josecuervosilv
Downey, CA
42, joined Jun. 2010

Quote from sorpstar:

The runner is out if he or the base is tagged before he reaches the base. In a tie, neither he nor the base are tagged before he reaches it, so he is safe.

2/26/2016 4:16:53 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from tommy8345:
Enard, Vegas does not put out futures bets on wild card teams.
...but, but I want to know what tommy8345 thinks.

2/26/2016 7:40:35 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sorpstar
Wayne, NJ
64, joined Oct. 2009

The runner is out if he or the base is tagged before he reaches the base. In a tie, neither he nor the base are tagged before he reaches it, so he is safe.

There will be plays that will challenge the ump and they will be out of position ( many umps are) because they anticipate calls and many anticipated calls bite baseball in the ass..umps stay in position please and get calls right...if you recall that play in WS the ump was out of position, period...

2/26/2016 9:03:28 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

Pete Rose's tough slide into 2nd base in the 7th game of the 1975 world series was a pivotal play that would now be an altogether different pivotal play.

2/26/2016 9:12:02 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  

sillylaugher61
Murrysville, PA
55, joined Aug. 2011
online now!

I forgot to mention that the neighborhood play is now reviewable.

2/26/2016 10:48:41 AM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
enard
Over 1,000 Posts (1,210)
Lakeville, MN
57, joined Apr. 2012

I forgot to mention that the neighborhood play is now reviewable.
Geez--where do you draw the line with the "in the neighborhood play"?

2/26/2016 12:48:56 PM Baseball for the 2016 season!  
tommy8345
Raleigh, NC
71, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from enard:
...but, but I want to know what tommy8345 thinks.

Enard, I think the TWINS have a very good shot at the playoffs and a reasonable shot at winning their division.